[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 265 KB, 794x229, tumblr_npqgt3JA1t1spnou3o1_1280[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8393896 No.8393896 [Reply] [Original]

New lolita general

Old one hit autosage >>8386530

>> No.8393958

I hope AP updates their banner soon. I really want to see what the release on Friday is!!

>hoping for Galaxy Cat

>> No.8393961

>>8393958
Galaxy Cat?

>> No.8393965
File: 126 KB, 882x674, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8393961

Dreamy Planetarium

I've been calling it galaxy cat because it's literally a mishmash of Galaxy prints and novas and cat constellations and I need that hot mess like yesterday

>you can see the print better on the navy

>> No.8393973
File: 1.79 MB, 245x245, ZJZHW8p.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

x-posting from the feels thread, because I need advice for this.

>post up a dress on LM
>didn't sell the first couple weeks
>someone messages me asking if I would sell it without charging shipping [15$ off]
>I'm like sure, what the hell.
>my terms of sales say that it may take up to a week to ship out my items
>girl mentioned that it's her first dress since she became interested in lolita nearly 3 years ago
>so I throw in some extra things to match the dress, and even include a blouse that might match as an extra gift
>have a work deadline that forces me to work for almost a week straight
>exhausted when I get project done
>it's been 7 days since the buyer paid
>go to post office to send out customer's product & the dress + other various errands
>get a text from one of the guys who helps run my business page on FB
>tells me some girl messaged the BUSINESS page [unrelated to lolita] and told him that she she bought something from Lacemarket & was going to open a Paypal dispute
>he doesn't know who the girl is or who she bought from and assumed she was talking about a product she bought from us
>he Googles "Lacemarket" and figures out that I was the one she bought from, as I'm the sole grill who has access to the business page and the dudes have no interest in wearing dresses
>I tell him that I'm sending out the dress with the other order
>get back and find my 2 employees/coworkers who run the page are now very curious/suspicious of my association with this "frilly costume" stuff
>say it's just a hobby in fashion and nothing more
>guys in question have now been asking more and more questions about it
>I am a very private person, and now I have been outed because this fucking idiot buyer
>I do not mix business with my personal life, and now I have my 2 coworkers curious and now interested in what I'm doing outside of work

I suppose it may not seem like a huge deal to some people, but I am fucking livid.
Should I confront the buyer? Negative/neutral feedback? idk.

>> No.8393980

>>8393973
i'd confront them to apologise first before shaming them with bad feedback
you're right to be mad, messaging someones workplace could've been a lot worse than just some awkward conversations and your tos states shipping times

>> No.8393990

What is the general opinion on replica bags? I know replica shoes are not nearly as frowned upon as replica dresses, but how do most people feel about purses? Also, what is a good way to find out if a generic-looking taobao purse is replica or not?

>> No.8393994

>>8393896
I really like this print so far, I can't wait to see the dress cuts.

>> No.8394003

>>8393980
No, I know. I just feel that I cut them a lot of slack by giving them a discount & I made an effort to add extra items, and they REALLY may have fucked my relationship with my coworkers [and possibly the business setting] by contacting my business page.
I'm just hoping this doesn't escalate.

Besides that, only 7 days and they threaten me with a dispute?? It's just ridiculous.
How should I go about bring this conversation up to the buyer, really?

>> No.8394004

>>8393990
Bags are slightly less accepted than shoes, I think.
Generic designs (3-way rucksack or plain star-shaped bag, for example) are generally accepted, I think. Specific bags, like AP's shooting star or bear bags, which have been replicated to hell and back by loris, are less acceptable.
Also, if you're going to buy replica, try to buy one without the brand name on it (many of the replicas of Milk heart bags, for example, print the brand name on the bag still).

If you spend some time looking at various brand bags, you'll realize that the brands are all rather different. I can practically instantly recognize if it's an AP or Baby purse, for example, even if it's just a heart bag. Go from there to search like "AP Star bag" or something.
If nothing else, reverse image search can sometimes help, or just doing generic searches like "Perfume bottle purse".

>> No.8394015

>>8394003
How did they know/find out about the business page?
While I think what the buyer did was totally unacceptable, maybe you should try to separate your personal and professional online accounts a bit more so that it's not so easy to find this sort of thing out?

I think you should contact them, point out your ToS, explain why it's unacceptable/why you're upset (so that they don't do something like this again, and say that you really would've appreciated if they had contacted you directly.
I would definitely leave neutral feedback (or negative feedback in the communication area) and write about what happened in the comment section, even if they apologize. I don't know why anyone would think that's in the least bit acceptable, and shitty buyers need to be told why what they're doing is unacceptable. If no one tells them, they'll just keep being shitty.

>> No.8394029

>>8394015

This sounds like solid advice, I agree completely

>> No.8394094

>>8393965
Holy shit, I didn't notice that it had cats. It's so tumblr but so amazing

>> No.8394109

>>8394015
I'm not that person, but you can't separate your personal and professional if your personal life online involves buying/selling. Anyone you deal with through paypal has your legal name, and can google you or post whatever on a forum with your real name. I've been similarly fucked by a crazy person I did business with.

>> No.8394121

>>8394109
This. I use my husband's name for my side-business because the paypal is in his name and I've dealt with enough angry harpies online to know better than to use my real name. They don't bother me now because they think I'm a guy and therefore not a threat or something.

>> No.8394185

>>8393973
She sounds really young. Tell her that you understand being nervous when buying online, but her behavior was extremely hasty, as you state in your TOS that you take up to a week to ship. Let her know that messaging a non-lolita related page was completely unacceptable, and in the future it would be wise of her to message sellers through Lacemarket or other related emails.

Basically give her a reality check, throw in a reminder that people can lose their jobs/ect because of social media, and her actions have consequences.

>> No.8394190

>>8394109
You can to a certain extent. I use paypal as well, and my workplace's facebook page doesn't pop up if you google my name, despite us being a rather small and active company online.
I wasn't blaming the seller or whatever, but there are precautions you can take to put distance between your personal and professional life, especially if you're worried/sensitive about it.

>> No.8394221
File: 625 KB, 500x278, ItCouldBeWorse inflatableanimals.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8394109
> mfw I have a middle name and a generic last name
> mfw that's enough to keep my private and public business separate

>> No.8394225

>>8394221
Dammit, you remind me how distinctive my last name is and how much it sucks. Should have just kept my fucking maiden name.

>> No.8394280

>>8394221
I just shorten my name now

>> No.8394311

>>8394221
I have a super common first name and super common last name.

I am un-googleable without more specific information.

>> No.8394335

>>8393973
Definitely negative feedback, she sounds like a brat so it's best to alert sellers what they're getting into with her.
I'm sorry about your coworkers, I'm also a very private person, there is stuff I don't even like to share with my close friends so I understand.

>> No.8394365

So yesterday morning I ordered from maiden clothing using their email copy paste form and last night when I checked my item was listed as sold out but I still haven't heard back from thenm yet. What are the odds the dress sold to another person? I hope I get it but I still haven't got an email yet telling that I did or did not get the dress. I'm so stressed. It is one I have been wanting for a long while. I know they are like 13 hours ahead but I need to know D:

>> No.8394376
File: 25 KB, 400x298, 274414622687419.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8394221
>rare country-,region- and language-specific surname
>common Anglo name
>no middle name
Any way you put it I'm fucked

>> No.8394377

>>8394225
There are fewer than a dozen people with my last name. It really, really sucks. I didn't change my name when I got married because that wasn't even up for discussion, but I admit I have thought about using my husband's last name for things like resumes or other namespace instances where it would benefit me to be google anonymous (but then I'd be stuck using it, so I don't).

>> No.8394378

>>8393965
Fuck I never noticed the cats either. So tacky, so tumblr, yet somehow so cute...

>>8394003
What she did is shitty. She might be new to lolita and eager to get her dress but contacting your place of business instead of PMing you through LM or your personal Facebook or something is crossing the line for sure. You're right to be livid, I'd be livid myself in your situation.

>> No.8394382

>>8394221
.. I have a really unique first name that no one else has. Uncommon last name too.
>be dumb teen
>uses first name as username on various forums and vidya cuz no one will know it's my real name anyways kek

It's gg now though, everyone I work with can google me and see what I browse on and stuff. Thank god I'm in a creative field so that stuff is okay.

>> No.8394384

>>8393973
How did she get that page in the first place?
Please keep a closer eye on what information people can gather on you before you start pointing fingers.

>> No.8394392

>>8394221
I have a really generic name, but my handle isn't used by anyone. At one point I was going to change my name to it, but I'm rethinking that idea.

>> No.8394393

>>8394190
A lot of employers don't ask if you want to be on the webpage. It's part of the job. And if someone you've sold to wants to post all over the internet about how Jane Q. Lolita wears frilly dresses and scammed me out of $300 on Lacemarket!! ...Well, you can't stop them. Buying and selling will always be a calculated risk if being doxxed or accused of something unsavory is a concern. You can't keep your real identity out of it.

>> No.8394442

>>8394382
I am in the same exact boat, anon.

>> No.8394457

>>8394442
Good to know I'm not alone. Honestly though all we can do now is to build a brand around our situation, and I guess it isn't so bad if you can work around it somehow!

>> No.8394556

>>8394365

I did that once (also a dream dress, also rare) and the same thing happened to me. By the end of my day I was convinced someone else had gotten the dress instead. Then two or three days later I got an email from them saying how much I had to pay and instructions for how. A week later I received the dress in the mail.

I can't really offer any solace, though. Some anons have said they received an email saying it sold out in the shop instead (like someone clicked it before they could take it down I guess).

Good luck, anon. I hope you get your dress.

>> No.8394574

>>8393973
Shipping one week after the according is still a shitty thing to do. A selling contract is a contract, and should be respected: why not a small message telling her you need one week more? just because she might be noob, it doesn't mean she doesn't deserve a better teatment. Her behavior was not that unexpected.

>> No.8394630

Do Chinese lolitas have their own auction site? I like a lot of stuff from Chinese brands, but I can't find listings anywhere.

>> No.8394645

>>8394393
>Ask if you want to be on the webpage
Exactly. Just say you'd rather not or ask them to use a nickname or something if you have to. My good friend is one of the main designers at a small architecture firm, and he requested that they use a nickname/pseudonym on the webpage, as he had a stalking issue a while back.

I only mentioned this because OP said she tried really hard to keep things separate and mentioned that maybe she should try to tighten her security a bit more.

>>8394574
She said in her TOS that she ships about a week after receiving payment, and the girl messaged her within the week. The seller didn't go over her stated shipping period by a week, anon.

>>8394630
There are a few second hand shops on Taobao, but I don't know anything about auction sites.

>> No.8394766

>>8394384
it's not like she had that linked to her LM, poking around in her personal shit and messaging anything work related is really unacceptable

>> No.8394853

Unbelieveable. Someone bought something and an hour later messaged me "i won the bid so where my invoice for paypal
" on LM.
Bitch chill it's 5 in the morning.

>> No.8394855

>>8394853
I hate dealing with people like that.

>> No.8394865

>>8394377
There are literally only one family in the world with my last name, because some generations ago some retarded parish clerk made a typo in the church register when registering some newly babtized child's name, and since it was before you could change this kind of thing, it just stuck.
>tfw I'm doomed to spell out my last name for all eternity
>tfw I've actually been CORRECTED by people who thought that I spelled my name wrong.

>> No.8394969

>>8393973

I think it's odd that she chose to contact your business FB instead of sticking with LM or emailing you. The only times I've done that were when the person I was dealing with was not answering their messages. Maybe check whether you have some unanswered messages from her?

If you do have unanswered messages, then I think it's unfair to give her a negative feedback. From her point of view, she paid a seller and then they seemingly dissappeared and ignored her for 7 days. She doesn't know that you're busy packing gifts for her, how could she?

If you've at least messaged her you will be shipping specifically on x date and will not be answering messages for awhile, then yeah, negative or neutral would be fair.

>> No.8394981

>>8394382
Same here. At least having a unique name is better in all other aspects?

...Well, unless you're Sincerely Yours '98 Pascual.

>> No.8394984

>>8394969
Honestly I don't think a neutral is unwarranted if there aren't messages on LM/ect. If the seller says they take up to 7 days to ship, then most assume that the seller has a busy schedule and can only ship on certain days. If the buyer didn't try to reach out and ask for an update, and instead jumped straight to messaging a business account and threatening a PP dispute that's jumping the gun really badly. Now if they did try to reach out on LM (through listing comments or PMs) and Anon didn't respond, then they still shouldn't have messaged an unrelated account on FB, but it becomes more understandable. Perhaps LM glitched up and caused this by not notifying people of messages or just outright eating them.

>tfw your name is generic and unisex.

>> No.8394989

>>8394865
>tfw I've actually been CORRECTED by people who thought that I spelled my name wrong.

Almost all of my government/important documents, for which I have TYPED my name out and shown my fucking birth certificate, have my name misspelled on them. Like the person typing up the forms went "Oh no, this can't possibly be right! Obviously she spelled her own name wrong 7 times on this document. I'll just fix that for her."

>Bethaney.
>10 letter last name.
>Names barely fit on forms anyway.

>> No.8395003

>>8393973
Negative, she should have contacted you through pm on either LM or facebook not make some public post in a place where it doesn't belong.
She's the one being rude here.
I assume from your post that you already sent it? Did it have tracking? Cause I don't want this bitch to scam you and get her stuff + a refund.
You also stated it can take a week in your TOS.
Bitch shouldn't get her bloomers in a twist over taking a week, sheesh. Please name and shame her cause I don't want her to ever buy from me if she's the kind of person that files a pp claim that quickly.

>> No.8395006

>>8393990
Unless it's for a brand event,but generally speaking shoes and bags are fine unless they have the brand name on it. They don't patent a design, only prints are frowned upon (rightfully so tbh).
I've never met a person that hated on shoe and bag replica's tbh.

>> No.8395007

>>8394109
Many people make a seperate Lolita fb-account with a fake name. They manage to do it so i don't see why OP can't.
There were many ways for the buyer to contact OP but they chose to be shitty instead.

>> No.8395010

>>8394365
I had that too, but I did get an email later with payment instructions.
They just mark it as sold right away so no-one else can buy it in the meantime, so don't worry anon.

>> No.8395013

>>8394853
People like that annoy the shit out of me. Why don't some people realise their seller might be in a different time zone? Too dumb to poop.

>> No.8395030
File: 307 KB, 400x232, ahhh.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8394855
>>8395013
jfc I messaged her back asap and told she would have to send the money because she doesn't have any feedback. She read and didn't reply.

>> No.8395135

>>8394556

I actually just got the email CONFIRMING I GOT THE DRESS while writing a response to you, so I had to rewrite it!! Thanks anon! You're like a good luck charm.

>> No.8395169

>>8394853
This happened to me with some chinese lolita a while back. I accepted a payment plan for her but she was still very impatient and if she didn't receive a repy within 12 hours she annoyingly asked me what happened and if I forgot about the transaction.

>no bitch, I just have a job only have a few hours a day time to spend on the internet and reply to messages
>also there's like a 10 hours time difference between our countries.

>> No.8395177

>>8395135

CONGRATS anon, I'm so happy you got your dress!

>> No.8395213
File: 968 KB, 500x209, 1422936082039.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8393965
Geezus, i need to back away from this place and get some sleep. I honestly read that as 'Dreamy Plantation' and then recoiled horror at what such a print might actually look like.

>> No.8395244

>>8394376
same. My first and last name are incredibly rare and googling my name turns up my highschool graduation, deans list, etc..

horrible

>> No.8395333

>>8395213

>when AP starts REALLY reaching for ideas

>> No.8395728

Do you think AP will do summer sale soon? there are some available stuff I'm interested in, but not enough to pay retail price. Should I risk it and wait for a sale o just pay its price ?

>> No.8396412

How long does Bunny House usually take to respond to emails or orders?

>> No.8396591

Has anyone received their Misty Sky release items yet? I thought some people who used a shopping service would've gotten them by now

>> No.8396682

>>8395007
Your reading comprehension skills are profoundly lacking.

>> No.8396761
File: 73 KB, 960x430, tumblr_nmgr66Jr141s4ggu6o1_1280.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Still waiting on this print from Boguta since late April. I'm wondering more and more whether or not it's a hoax

>pic related (it's the print on the dress)

>> No.8396884

>>8396591

>???

It's been like 5 days
Keeping in mind that invoicing took a while and then packaging and shipping

I would be surprised if everyone has had their items shipped

Maybe look for coords and sales on Monday or Tuesday

>> No.8396913

>>8396591
My SS hasn't even invoiced me yet, she was only able to get the dress on release day and since then she's been picking up extras like the socks/bow. I'm really hoping I can pay tomorrow but I'm sure she's backed up like crazy.

>> No.8396982

>>8396884
That's true, I forgot about that. I just saw a few listings on lacemarket and assumed that other shopping services would've sorted things out too

Thanks though!

>>8396913
Hopefully she's able to get everything you want!

>> No.8396999
File: 115 KB, 450x525, 2015lion-charcoal.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

What is going on with this new print, Meta?

>Lions
>Creepy tree
>Creepy mansion
>Soaring birds
>feathers dangling on chains
>moon phases
>also stars

>> No.8397001

>>8394630
I think a lot of Chinese lolitas sell stuff secondhand on weibo since Chinese indie brands always reblog sales posts or wtb on their weibo. I know some that are studying abroad tend to use the western market for convenience though.

>> No.8397185
File: 141 KB, 273x364, Screen Shot 2015-06-02 at 12.00.32 AM.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Was watching the Japanese drama "Trick" the other day and noticed these two characters. I wish they would've shown them in more scenes/outfits.

>> No.8397186

>>8396999
Everything is going on
and I want that everything going on me

>> No.8397312

>>8396591
I only just got my invoice the other day.

>> No.8397318

>>8396761
please post it in either LG or TB thread if it does. I fucking need it.

>> No.8397326

>>8396999
Dude.
Why ask? It's Meta. This is why we love them, because they are always trying crazy random new things.

>> No.8397362
File: 74 KB, 360x420, 120510291609-0.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Who else reserved Dark Night Guardian? I got this JSK and the fascinator in ruby, and the socks in charcoal. I hope I don't regret getting the ruby and not the emerald colorway. I hope they upload more pictures of each cut in all the colorways soon.

>> No.8397378
File: 203 KB, 700x1200, l092-2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

this bodyline dress, in sax.
I will remove the hearts, as well as the pearl chain. Will just be a plain sax dress with tiers and back shirring.
Thoughts? Yay or nay?

>> No.8397381

>>8397362
I'm struggling right now because I really badly want to get the same JSK (in any color really, I actually love them all) but I know I shouldn't be spending my money right now since I just made a huge TB order and I'm not getting my next check for awhile.

If I don't preorder it now, do you gulls think I can get it when it comes out? From what I've noticed, Meta doesn't have the same bloodbath as other brands so I'm feeling safe (especially since I'm not colorway picky) but I don't want to fuck myself over and regret this.

>> No.8397384
File: 103 KB, 720x960, 281855_1651876555043091_4116732623529113985_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8397378
Also here is another photo of it.
I can't tell if it is bad or just wrinkled.

>> No.8397385

>>8397381
Honestly anon if you're that torn about it, I would say wait. The anxiety and regret from overspending sounds like it would outweigh your regret of missing out on the JSK, and you could always try to find it secondhand later.

>> No.8397387

>>8397381
But people who buy meta prints tend to keep them

>> No.8397394

>>8397385
Yeah, there's no way I'm selling mine when I get it and it can be really difficult to find Meta pieces in your preferred cut and colour if you're set on them. But if anon doesn't mind paying an extra $100 to get it later then it shouldn't be too bad. This cut seems to be less popular too.

>> No.8397395

>>8397385
>>8397387
Thank you gulls- I think I just really needed to hear some advice!

I've been stewing on this ever since I saw the release pictures, but seeing as how some of the pieces I loved are gone already (like the emerald fascinator, which is probably my favorite colorway), I think I can wait. I love Meta and I love these kind of spooky prints but I wont be extremely heartbroken if I missed out.

Is there a chance they'll do a special set like they did for CL Night Carnival? (I'm not sure when information like that gets released so I'm sorry if this is a useless question!)

>> No.8397396

>>8394221
I have a generic forename and surname and even my online handle is generic with other people using the same handle on popular but niche forums. It's intensely sweet.

>>8397378
You'd probably want to add a few features to replace the bows and pearls at the top of the bodice. Just a little lace would be fine but otherwise I think it would be too plain.

>> No.8397402

>>8397396
There is a little lace! See >>8397384, this is the dress I will be buying. I just want a simple sax dress (and have since I first started wearing lolita), so a cheap one is an extra plus.

>> No.8397471
File: 101 KB, 533x800, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Remember when FYeahlolita wrote that "ridiculous trend prediction" blogpost? She mentioned armor. I found this pic on tumblr. I know it's just regular goth, but with all the "let's play royalty with our crowns and scepters" I think this might be next

>> No.8397473

>>8397471

I really hope this becomes a sweet trend kek

>> No.8397483
File: 14 KB, 259x194, images.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8397473
Sweet-ouji

>> No.8397525
File: 503 KB, 611x854, apcelestial1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

AP Celestial special set!

>> No.8397527
File: 498 KB, 611x854, apcelestial2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8397525
2/2

It's a gorgeous colorway imo. Too bad I don't like religious motifs and crosses enough to get it, though.

>> No.8397539

>>8397527
>>8397525
I don't know how you could get it unless you were in China, as it's Shanghai exclusive. Assume it's the new AP Shanghai website as the physical store has been closed for some time.

>> No.8397546

>>8397539
I think the only way you'd be able to get it is resellers on taobao.

>> No.8397558

>>8397525
I think the color looks tacky, mabye because it's this light red instead of a deep bordaux or sth like that. But holy shit, the OP cut is gorgeous, like a sinful child bewteen Katrina and Celestial.

>> No.8397564

>>8397539
Shopping Services, anon.

>> No.8397568

>>8397539
>>8397564
I'm sure the chinese business men scammers are creaming themselves

>> No.8397575

>>8397525
Oh man I will kill to get this.

>imagine being in this for CNY
>hnngh

>> No.8397616

>>8397525
>>8397527
The blood red color plus the crosses are 2uncanny4me.

>> No.8397625

oops i posted this in the autosaging old one

i put in an order for all dat secondhand brand from fril for chibitenshi but then i found one item for way cheaper on y!japan.... she hasn't put in the order yet or made any applications to buy as far as i can tell, is it a dick move to try to remove that one item from my order? i'm totally ready to bite the bullet and just continue on with my order but if i can get that item for like 30% of the price then i'd like to try

>> No.8397654

>>8397525
>>8397527
it looks like meat

>> No.8397696

>>8397525
>>8397527
All you'll need is a blue/silver wig and some meat shoes, then you can also cosplay as Lady Gaga!

>> No.8397714

>>8397625

Why don't you just email chibi and tell her to get it off yja for you instead? If you're using another SS for yja, you'll still end up having to ship items to you, and one single package with two dresses in them will cost a lot less than two seperate lightweight packages.

>> No.8397752

>>8397714
thats a good idea, thanks anon! the only thing is that the auction ends in about 20 hours, because of all the misty sky shenanigans i'm not going to want to put the pressure on her to order it for me considering how last minute it would be. sagin

>> No.8397904

>>8394853
Me again. The person had a hard time communicating in English. They didn't understand that I wanted them to send the money. So instead I sent an invoice charging extra for tracked shipping, because they have 0 feedback. They paid and everything is fine but they messaged and asked if I had sent an invoice because they couldn't remember, Should I be worried? I think it's a bit suspicious that they can't remember if they paid me +$200

>> No.8397935

>>8397904

You have your money and it'll be tracked so you should have no problem

Maybe they purchased a lot recently
Or they were just making sure the payment went through safe

>> No.8397938
File: 3 KB, 65x99, yolanda-berry-river-strawberry.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I love this dress I found on My Lolita Dress, but I know they carry replicas, but usually said replicas say "replica" in the title. Can anyone confirm that this JSK is NOT a replica?

http://www.my-lolita-dress.com/yolanda-berry-river-strawberry-prints-lolita-jumper-dress-yo-33

>> No.8397941

>>8397938
Yolanda doesn't make replicas. Most of the replicas are going to be under dream of lolita. I think she has some oojia on there too. The other taobao shops on there are reputable.

>> No.8397951

Thank you! I thought so, but the design is not at all simple, like most taobao dresses I've seen so I thought I'd double. check. I LOVE this print and now it shall be mine.

I've ordered from MLD before and always had nice quality items, but I stay from all replicas to avoid bad quality...and unwanted drama.

>> No.8397961

>>8397941
Yolanda did a replica of MM's Antoinette a few years back actually...

>> No.8397970

Hot damn. Well I'll let a few more people tune in before I buy it then.

>> No.8397978

>>8396999
and it still won't stop people from co-ording it with flowers

>> No.8397986

>>8397471
well they're already doing feather epaulettes, not too far away.

>> No.8398016
File: 373 KB, 822x640, yusss.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8397986
Sorry, I only have paint but I would totally want something like pic related

>> No.8398226

>>8397527
>Will never own this
>Why live?

>> No.8398441

>>8397378
Will there be an awkward gap in the lace if you remove the hearts? If so, you might want to think about that....

>> No.8398527
File: 84 KB, 700x826, elegy guro YES.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I only saw this dress a few seconds ago, but the excitement is about to burst.

We've had a lot of guro lolita thread this past couple months, so I hope you guys are just as excited as me!

>> No.8398532

>>8397471
Fyeahlolita has been right about a lot of really ridiculous predictions. She literally predicted the Meta bubble bath print.

>> No.8398538
File: 2.12 MB, 2448x3264, what.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Can someone identify this OP/brand piece for me? it's in this month's KERA issue and I tried to get my sister to translate it for me. She kept on insisting it was called Antique Doll (she's a tad bit rusty on japanese though)

>> No.8398540

>>8398538
It is indeed called Antique Doll onepiece.

>> No.8398553

>>8398540
Noice, thanks anon, we were going insane. Is it one of AP's? Tried gogling but nothing showing up

>> No.8398554

>>8398527
More pictures please?

>> No.8398555

>>8398538
you need to listen to your sister anon

>> No.8398559

>>8398527
3edgy5me

>> No.8398569

>>8398553
Photo says the whole coord is AP, but I don't think the OP has been released yet?

>> No.8398576

>>8398569
Ah dammit, I have a great need for it. I hope it's released soon.

>tfw mum would rather you buy Fantastic Carnival than this OP

>>8398555
Sister here, I told her! Stupid brat.

>> No.8398603

>>8398554
there are none at this point.
she just posted on her facebook fan page and it says "soon." that's it.

>> No.8398628

>>8398603
>mfw this dress is everything I've ever wanted and more

>> No.8398652

>>8398016
Wouldn't be surprised at all to see some armor in ouji or at least aristo coords too...

>> No.8398682
File: 126 KB, 240x173, puppycatkiss.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8398628
>i know dem feels
My whole closet is filled with Elegy and I'm not ashamed.

>> No.8398686

>>8398682
I regret so much not buying Concinnous Crowns. Her stuff is so hard to find second hand

>> No.8398693

>>8398686
It's the first thing I bought from her.

btw, i think the lace ribbon says "eat your heart out" and there's utensils on the print as well, like maybe a fork and knife.

>> No.8398696

>>8398652
OTT Military Ouji

make it happen

>> No.8398701

>>8398693
That's so cute( I guess you could say that), oh my god.

>> No.8398710

>>8398701
reminds me of Hannibal too ><

>> No.8398711

>>8398652
I was going to do it for an ouji coordinate last year but I ended up not having time. But always wanted to since I like armor.

>> No.8398715
File: 176 KB, 481x269, Happy-Summer-Gif-Quote.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8398701
>>8398710

>> No.8398726
File: 1.58 MB, 500x281, 1410485751500.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8398715
I knew as soon as i put >< someone was gonna complain.
get over yourself.
I've been posting in the cgl for years.

>> No.8398770
File: 132 KB, 647x1236, SHARKEISHLITA.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8398715
Thank you for your 'witty commentary' anon, but I would just like to sincerely tell you to go fuck yourself.
>>8398710
Also, yeah, it is kind of Hannibal-esque.

>> No.8398787

>>8398726
Yeah, every summer for the past few years

>> No.8398790
File: 36 KB, 360x420, meta bubble bath.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8398532
Meta bubble bath print?

...It's real. And I actually like it.

>> No.8398800

just where do chinese lolitas do secondhand? once it's off taobao and reseller sites, it seems it's gone forever.

>> No.8398801

>>8398800
I think another anon said through weibo?

>> No.8398802

>>8398538

Antique Doll just went up on AP's shop two minutes ago.

It's already sold out.

That was fast.

>> No.8398804

>>8398802
http://angelicpretty-onlineshop.com/products/detail.php?product_id=1676

>> No.8398808

>>8398802
>>8398804
holy shit that was hella fast

omg
I just turned to watch SVU and it fucking sells out

fuck

>> No.8398817

>>8398808
Damn, the JSK is cute too. :| Should have paid more attention.

>> No.8398822

>>8398817
Do they release these in their physical stores too? hope they do cause I just sent a email to chibi + emailed AP.

Fuck i can't even sit through this Svu ep now

>maybe its a sign
>already bought three new releases this fortnight

>> No.8398838

>>8398822
AFAIK, usually the non-print dresses don't make it to AP USA, but I'm not sure how releases go physically in Japan.

Which releases did you get? Pics plz.

>> No.8398841

>>8398838
I emailed Chibi before she even left the store and she said the OPs are all gone, but there were some JSKs. With how the release went I'm doubtful that any are left in that time span.

I was going for that OP and it was pulled from my cart at the last step. Honestly not terribly angry over it because it really did look like a cheap knock-off of Katrina with shitty lace. Saving for something better!

>> No.8398861

>>8398838
Fuck, I'm going to have to pay scalper prices for dat OP won't I?

I got
> IW Cherry Jam Pleated Frilly JSK in ivory (last jsk, something was wrong with the bodice so I gotta wait till the end of june before I get it) + OTKs + headbows
>Baby's Ex Libris Pinochio OP + little witch hat + otks (releasing on wednesday)
>IW Happy Pack in Medium
>IW's Pleated Ballerina JSK in blackxwhite because I'm a balletfag

>my closet is such a fucking mess

Attp's Swan Lake short sleeve jsk (pink x ivory) is currently on it's way too, but I got that in like May so eh. Asking my relos in shanghai to look into the Red Celestial OP set as well but it looks like it came out today so I probably won't get it but

>another sign from the gods

>> No.8398868

>>8398841
fuck, thanks for telling me anon, I might settle for the JSK (if theres anymore).

At this point I'll never have a chance to get something from AP that isn't second hand because I always have shit luck with releases that aren't reservations.

>hopefully my wallet can have a rest now with the upcoming release of Fantastic Carnival and that galaxy cat print.
>mum's rubbing it in telling me of her HK friends going to japan for shopping trips for a day
>fuck off, introduce me to these house wives

>> No.8398875

So why can't AP meet their supply and demand or do they not give a shit about customer service?

>> No.8398877

>>8398875
Possibilities:
1. Artificial shortage drives up demand
2. They are a tiny company (truly!) and unable to finance massive production runs for every release, especially when it can be a gamble as to what will or won't be popular

>> No.8398878

>>8397525
The OP set is up on AP Taobao but it's only available to VIP customers (those who have spent a certain amount or have a certain amount of points). Didn't see the JSK (sold out?) but probably same situation

>> No.8398880

>>8398878
...AP has a taobao??
>where?!

>> No.8398918

>>8398875

Inflow of Chinese lolitas who are buying everything up. Apparently the population of new Chinese lolitas exceeds the lolitas in the rest of the world, or at least, they exceed the number of lolitas who can and want to and will buy AP firsthand instead of waiting for cheap secondhand. So AP is suddenly trying to cope with increased demand on their production capabilities.

However, non print are a whole different story. We're heavily into a print fad at the moment, and it's not the brands forcing it on us, the buyers will literally buy out prints and then leave the non prints to rot. Even "mildly popular" releases such as Moondrop had leftovers going on sale. A release like Katrina or this Antique Doll selling out in under two minutes is an anomaly, it's not the norm. The rest of the AP store is filled with unsold non prints even right now.

So, AP makes less of the non prints, in anticipation that most girls won't buy them. Therefore, when a hit like Antique Doll happens, the stock is already so low in anticipation of nobody buying them, there's just not enough stock to sell to girls who suddenly want them.

AP is really reluctant to open MTOs for some reason. Personally I thought it would solve their problems if they could do MTOs more often, or at least an early reserve before the dresses were fully in production would allow them to gauge demand and adjust their production accordingly. I don't know whether it's just too hard for them to try that, or if they just don't care enough to look further into MTO systems.

>> No.8399060

>>8398918
> least an early reserve before the dresses were fully in production

Hell yes, I don't understand why AP doesn't have reservations when baby/attp, IW does? Wouldn't that be better than constantly re-releasing prints/opening up MTOs?

I would spend so much more money on AP if it meant that I could at least reserve a dress rather than hoping that my SS/net will get through.

>> No.8399083

>>8398868
Welp, Chibi is a saviour and we need to worship her as the second coming of Christ. She got me the black jsk.

>goodbye, my wallet

>> No.8399109

>>8397961
That wasn't a replica iirc. Just a similar cut. I actually think it looked much nicer than Fleur Antoinette.

>tfw I missed out on it

>> No.8399110

>>8399060
Baby does things pretty damn well comparitively IMO. If something is popular and sells out quickly, they've been known to open a second run before you even realize it sold out. You'll get your dress a month later than the first run, but you aren't paying scalper prices. They capitalize pretty damn well on the hype. What happens with AP is that they wait until they see tons of demand, but by the time they announce a MTO or rerelease, some people have already spent the money they were going to spend on AP on secondhand or something.

IW doesn't do so hot with that though, As far as I know they don't open up second runs, and rereleases are infrequent (I can only think of Lotta and Astronomical Clock, and the Grazia special set). I think IW's biggest thing is that they have a lot of flops, and a lot of things going into LPs, so when they have a hit they're not as quick to jump on it. Plus you get people just waiting for IW LPs rather than buying full price.

>>8399083
Hail Chibi. If there were a lolita pantheon, she'd be the goddess of shopping services.

>> No.8399131

>>8397362
Oh, God, I'll get paid next Wednesday. Pray for me that I can still get my hands on this cut in emerald.

>> No.8399204
File: 229 KB, 749x440, Untitled.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8393973
You know, you were asking for advice about how to go about responding to their inquiries in another thread. I have an idea for you, I was actually thinking for quite some time about how I'd approach it if my coworkers did the same.

Basically, the way I see it is that provocative clothing in our culture is mainly for attracting guys, that's why they're confused, they're looking at it from that perspective, the best thing to do is to convince them that it isn't about other people, it's about what you'd wear all the time if you could, what you'd look like reading a book, or sipping tea with friends.
Lolita is and has been a style I associate more with what one wears for themselves, not for the opposite sex.
I'd say pretty much, "You guys are very masculine, I don't expect you to understand what I'm doing or why, since it's all extremely girly, but I do expect that you respect my privacy regardless of what you have come to know about me. About the dresses, it's a hobby, I like looking cute, not for anyone else or for anything but the sake of it and hunting down hard to find stuff. Have you ever worn a really nice, tailor made suit? It fits you perfect and makes you feel like you can take on the world. That's pretty much what these dresses do for me."
Equating lolita to collecting fine suits feels really right for some reason, I don't think guys have any other equivalent.

>> No.8399205

>>8397539
>>8397546
>>8397558
It's an AP Shanghai VIP exclusive preorder. Have to spend over 13000 rmb in their taobao store to be able to reserve it. Absolute bullshit since I've spent 10 times that at least in the AP webstore and hardly anyone uses the taobao store. The taobao store stocks 1 week later, very little stock, and everything ships waaay slow (even MTOs shipped like 2 weeks after Japan's).

>> No.8399287

>>8398711
Aw man, do it. Please, anon. That could look seriously killer in an ouji coord.

>> No.8399292
File: 54 KB, 360x420, 130510091609.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

How stretchy is the shirring on Meta's skirts? The listed waist measurement is 64cm but my waist is 72cm, I'm not sure if that's going to work.

>> No.8399302

>>8399204
I think almost all male clothing is the equivalent. Most men I know don't dress for the opposite sex, or to impress unless they're at work. They dress for themselves and either in what is comfortable or in what they see as aesthetically pleasing. This is less the case with gay men than it is with straight guys, but it's present for any guy.

>> No.8399308

>>8398527

Where did you see this, anon? I'm looking on their site but can't find it! I need to know when orders start!!

>> No.8399382

>>8399292
uh, somehow your post reminded me of the first time I got a brand skirt (second hand). I thought it'll fit for sure, and didn't bother checking the measurements. It was way to short and way to big, and I'm not even that tall or skinny (h:165, w:61cm).
>Forever checking measurements.
>Forever tailoring and stocking up on underskirts.

>> No.8399517

>>8399110
>>8399083
What does Chibi Tenshi look like? I'd love to draw her as a gift to say thanks.

>> No.8399545

>>8399517
No idea but Im considering shouting her drinks or meal when I'm in japan later this year (if that's totally not creepy)

>> No.8399554

>>8399292
I you can see the amount of shirring in the back. I don't know for sure but I'd assume their measurements are just the regular size without anyone stretching the fabric.

>> No.8399555

>>8397938
picture for ants

>> No.8399568

>>8397525
I thought it was a mash up of that berry Easter dress tbh

>> No.8399582

>>8398790
It's the cutest fucking thing and I want it so bad.

>> No.8399584

>>8399545
I don't think it's creepy. I mean she does so many of us the world of favours.

>> No.8399681

Okay which one of you bitches just snatched those beautiful Enchantilly tights off usagiyouhinten because fuck you, I hope you enjoy them.

>> No.8399765

>>8398918
It really sucks about the shortage of AP nonprint too, since those are the dresses of theirs that a lot of non-sweet girls are interested in too (like myself) which means more demand for those particular hits, and they're a pain in the ass to find secondhand...

>>8399382
61cm waist? That should fit even the tinier oldschool/classic brand skirts. What brand was it?

>> No.8399770

>>8399765
She said the waist was too big for her.

>> No.8399791

>>8399770
Oops, I'm illiterate

>> No.8399835

>>8394989
People try to change my last name to Johnson all the time. I just spell it for them now.

>> No.8399911

I had a purse arrive to me missing the crossbody strap. Do or will any of the taobao shops sell replacement pieces for shoes/purses? I seem to recall someone once saying antaina would sell extra shoeclips or other pieces so I'm curious.

Or otherwise, does anyone know where I can get a replacement strap? Ideally chocolate brown pleather.

>> No.8399963

Why is Choke not coming to Hamburg? Did something happen? I know Misako is coming to the event.

I'm learning this from this week's Loli-Valentines.

>> No.8400107

So why are the secrets late again this week?

>> No.8400113

>>8399963
see the german thread

>> No.8400120

>>8399963
I'm visiting family and their computer is broken, I'll be home in a couple of hours to post them.

>> No.8400124

>>8399911
You can find one easily on ebay or amazon. I got a black one for a vintage coach bag i thrifted. Theyre cheap enough that you can buy multiple if youre picky about color and chocolate brown should be easy to find.

>> No.8400128

>>8400107
Because god is cruel

>> No.8400158

>>8393973
Negative feedback. After you did all that for them and they still had the gall to call up your work, which is totally unrelated to the sale, and complain? That's not just retarded, they were actively trying to shame you.

Even if they weren't, you had a negative experience, so leave negative feedback. It won't be that detrimental to them and it will teach them a lesson for the future.

>> No.8400165

>>8399204
Y-you know guys don't actually collect fine suits, right?

There's no need to bring sex into it. It's a hobby. Surely her co-workers know her well enough to know that she's not into any bizarre kinky shit?

>> No.8400178

>>8399308
on her facebook page. it's a preview so there is no release date yet.

Also I feel kind of bad for posting it on Lolita Updates. it got So Many likes. I don't wanna overwhelm Miss Chubi, like she was with Albino Accord.

>> No.8400210

>>8400124
Oh wow, I didn't even think of that... Thanks!

>> No.8400233

>>8400165
Some guys do. I know it's not a suit, but I have a friend who collect blazers in all different kinds of fabric.

>> No.8400405

>>8400107
They're up anon

>> No.8400408
File: 394 KB, 586x400, dreamy plantation.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8395213
Hire me now, AP.

>> No.8400445

Do any of you lolita gulls have a plushie or teddy that is important to you?. See,i have Chocolat (fluffy bear plushie) and i consider it my best and only friend. I am a lone lolita and got no friends. Chocolat never hurt me so i feel safe this way, Chocolat think lolita is cute and that i look cute too, and always listen when i talk about lolita or other stuff and i also listen to Chocolat off course. We go out together also but not always. Sometimes Chocolat doesnt feel like it or it is bad for him like rain,just grocery shopping (i can get the stuff it wants anyway Chocolat just has to tell me if he wants anything. I brought him once or twice and wore something very toned down so no one would stare too much. Else i leave it home and prepare some snacks or stuff for it depending on how long it will stay alone. I dress Chocolat too sometimes, when i am not in full lolita (everyday nearly) i wear bloomers and a comfy blouse or cutsew, i made a lacy pajama for Chocolat too we have a "matching" comfy outfit this way! Chocolat is kinda big so i think i will never loose it easily. But Chocolat do not like wearing super fancy clothing too much so i usually only put a cute bowtie on it.

>> No.8400481

>>8400445
What the fuck did I just read?

>> No.8400482
File: 55 KB, 355x234, Happy summer, seagulls.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8400445
I'm sorry anon but I'm dying. Actually drying and gasping for air.
I mean, I do have a stuffed teddy bear I keep, but my mom sewed it for me, so I'm obligated to keep it for sentimental purposes.

>> No.8400509

>>8400408
I'll take twenty.

>> No.8400591

>>8400445
>>8400445
There's no way this is real but the fact that you call the bear 'it' makes this about ten times creepier.

>> No.8400600

>>8400408
emailing chibi right now for all colourways and cuts

>> No.8400604
File: 930 KB, 944x1396, GLB-SweetRococo-Page1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I've been thinking of starting up an online shop to sell some handmade. I've found a lot of really cute fabric I'd like to use, but here's my question -
My plan was to create a listing for each premade cut, but allow the buyer to pick from all the fabric, lace, and trims I have available to customize their item. I think Sweet Rococo did something similar to this, but with more depth like choosing the bodice, skirt shape, etc. (Which I don't think I'll be able to do, unfortunately)
Would this be something people would be interested in, or is the release hype much more enjoyable? Since lolita is such a collector's hobby, there definitely does seem to be a preference for owning an item that came out a certain year, with its own item name, and only a few cuts provided.

>> No.8400606
File: 98 KB, 247x248, 1433398815898.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8400445
>it
Is Chocolat no more than a possession to you? Shame on you, Chocolat is a friend.

>> No.8400610

>>8400604
I think that could work for blouses, but not so much main pieces.

>> No.8400619
File: 84 KB, 640x574, JEGUS CHIRST THAT BEAR IS EVIll.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8400445
I have a screencap of this now.
Also, pic aside is what I imagine Chocolat to look like.

>> No.8400623
File: 1.52 MB, 300x200, table_flip.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>tfw APSF release of Misty sky release
>tfw last chance to get OP at retail price
>tfw 40 min of chrashed page
>tfw all gone
>tfw no face

>> No.8400627

>>8400604
Whatever happened to Sweet Rococo? I remember gazing wistfully at their site in my fledgling years but never heard much about them or realized they closed until now.

>> No.8400696

>>8400627
It looks like they sell fabric on etsy now.

>> No.8400713

>>8399131
You don't have to pay upfront for Meta reservations, you should order it now. Check their FAQ and it states the process

>> No.8400860
File: 234 KB, 500x662, TB2bRaPbVXXXXbeXXXXXXXXXXXX_!!26107146.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

There's a girl who posted on my comm page about her first coord.
"Technically" there's nothing really ita about it, but the dress along with all of the accessories (plus a white cosplay wig)+a wand as a prop+a crown is just too fucking much and it looks like a fancy fairy godmother costume not a lolita coord.

The dress is very pretty, but it really barely if at all looks like a lolita dress and really doesn't seem like a good first choice especially with all the OTT accessories and a white wig

>> No.8400871

>>8400860
Also it's just not a practical dress to have if it's someones "first coord". Looks heavy as balls and is too OTT to wear to anything but a big event

>> No.8400880
File: 153 KB, 683x1024, classical_puppets_elisabeth_bride_jsk_9.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8400860
It's actually a Classical Puppets wedding dress. I personally think it's really cute and looks more classic and regal than the cheap candy color prints that are shit out everywhere these days, but for a newbie it's probably a bad choice. For one, it's off white and newbies have lots of issues mixing whites and off whites. The neckline is a little strange and may be hard for an inexperienced person to work wish.
Also in the stock photos it's worn with an additional underskirt so it may be weird and short without one.

>> No.8400930
File: 135 KB, 1000x1000, pomm-worry-eater.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8400445
I have a sorgenfresser. My nephew got me her for christmas last year.

... sometimes I actually write down my worries and feed them to her. It really does make me feel better.

>> No.8400959

>>8400623
Join me in my email brigade. There's still a tiny sliver of a chance that AP will do an MTO if enough of us email.

>tbh I'm mostly trying to get people to email AP as a form of catharsis. I don't actually think it'll happen

>> No.8400975

>>8400930
I used to have one too! I tossed it into the rubbish since I eat my worries myself.

>> No.8400979

>>8400860
she just wants to feel beautiful anon

>> No.8401057
File: 125 KB, 529x799, 1373753615897.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8400959
I have emailed them from my 3 different email accounts, and my boyfriend's
I want to believe there's still a chance they'll do a MTO but those hopes are fading.

>> No.8401071

>>8400606
Well Chocolat is a plushie and plushies d not really have genders do they? so i have a bit of a hard time when referring to him/it/...?? But Chocolat told me i was ok and to do what i think is the best.
Saving that image tho.

>>8400619
Chocolat is all pink anon with glowing black marble eyes haha nothing like this creepy usakumya. Chocolat is sweet and kind. Chocolat is always there. Why would that be unreal? Chocolat was there when no one else was so..

>> No.8401112

>>8400445
>>8401071
it's cute in some way to imagine a lifestyle lolita with her cute teddy but it's really creepy at the same time...

>> No.8401361
File: 8 KB, 205x246, 0.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Is owning a non-Milk version of this bag, without "milk" written on it, frowned upon?

Feels like it falls into just being a "design replica". It's a plain, large heart bag.

>> No.8401372

>>8400604
I think this is a good idea! It might be difficult to start with cuts, though, why not start with print/fabric? And then have the options for different cuts for each one. Some fabrics, like busier prints, would look better with a ruffle panel or something, whereas with border prints, it's preferable to have a simpler cut to avoid jacking up the images. Definitely do custom sizing and longer/shorter skirt options. Honestly, if someone really wants a strawberry print sailor dress, there's no reason they can't contact you and ask.
I have a "to wear" wardrobe and a "to worship" wardrobe. I think a lot of girls, especially daily lolitas, do too. There's no shame in not selling collector's pieces, really! A lot of girls lovetheir AP but are also just looking for something that fits well.
I posted in the wrong thread, nice.

>> No.8401375

>>8401361
nah, AP, milk, JM, VW, IW all have heart shaped bags. It's just a generic shape without a logo. You'll be fine

>> No.8401380

>>8401361
There were heart bags around long before Milk did them. It's just a generic bag shape.

>> No.8401415
File: 3 KB, 259x194, 0.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8401375
>>8401380
I see, I thought it was only that company that did that exact shape, proportion, and style, without trimmings. I.e no bows, pictures, patterns, or rounded corners.

Cheers guys!

>> No.8401484

>>8400860
>newbies jumping the OTT bandwagon for their first coord
Fuck, I feel like a grouchy old lady but this gets on my tits.

>> No.8401518

Does anyone have any links to Brazilian lolita community pages, or blogs in Portuguese?
Looking to travel there at the end of the year, will possibly be moving there long term next year. I doubt there a big community in the region I will be staying in (MG) but if nothing else it would be nice to have some extra reading to practice my language skills.

>> No.8401545

>>8397525
attack on titan dress

>> No.8401573

>>8401415
Milk's bags are pretty distinct. Not all heart-shaped bags are made equal and I think you would be able to spot one that is from Milk (or at least a good replica of it anyway). I don't think it's frowned upon to own one but yes, it does have a certain uniqueness to it which is why they keep rereleasing it year after year.

>> No.8401627

how long does Tokyo alice take to get back to you usually? first time shopping there and the guide does not say

>> No.8401628

>>8396999
Oh looks like Auntie Meta relapsed. And she has been doing so well lately, I guess it's time that she goes back to rehab again. Oh well she did her best.

>> No.8401704
File: 178 KB, 640x1136, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

So this reply in ruffle chat really set me off. I want to tear into this girl for how disgusting she sounds.

No socks? No shoes? No lolita.

>> No.8401707

>>8401704
wtf? does this bitch go out barefoot in lolita?

>> No.8401724

>>8401707
It doesn't sound like she own any lolita

>> No.8401732

>>8401704
Peeked at her FB, she lives in a camper with at least two cats and a large dog, and she lets them tear apart dead animals inside. I think lack of shoes is the least of her problems. Can only imagine the stench of cat piss, wet dog dead animal, and unwashed human.

>> No.8401738

>>8401724
She does mention full coords (or the lack of one).. which thread is this from anon? I want to read

>> No.8401741
File: 103 KB, 372x474, 1433966432725ALSO FUCKIN LOVE THIS.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8401545
Wait what? How are you seeing that? Please explain.

>> No.8401815

>>8396412
usually within 24 hours.

>> No.8401844

Anybody know where I could get into contact with someone who does dress commissions?

>> No.8401852
File: 169 KB, 465x640, 1433844427632.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8393896
Any seagull have experience using their tenso account to bid on MBOK or Yahoo Aucions?
Is it possible or do you need a foreign credit card?

>> No.8401857

>>8396761
>Poorfag Cat's Tea Party

I must have it

>> No.8401874

>>8401852
On a lot of the Y!JA listings, the sellers list Yahoo as a payment method (translated as "Yahoo simple settlement"). It looks like it's a service similar to Paypal. I checked out the site and it seems to accept credit cards, but whether or not they have to be Japanese credit card is another matter. Sorry I couldn't help you more.

>> No.8401880

>>8401627
It took a handful of business days, maybe about a week the last time I ordered, which was granted a few years ago now.

>> No.8401895

>>8401844
post a wtb on fb sales or the fb handmade page pintucks and lace

>> No.8401916

>>8401880
thanks, ill calm myself and wait

>> No.8401918

>>8401916
I'll

>> No.8401924

With clip in twin tails is it possible to add hair elastics with decorations or will it look strange?

>> No.8401930

Maybe if we email (flush them in emails) AP about re-releasing Cat's Tea Party they will?

>> No.8401979
File: 299 KB, 709x472, TB294_9apXXXXXeXXXXXXXXXXXX_!!77724479.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Anyone got an idea where I can find a bonnet like in the pic? I#d need it in exaxtly this colorway.
Unfortunately it seems to be sold out in Yolanda's Taobao shop.

>> No.8401990

>>8401852
It's only possible if you have a Japanese credit card. Also for Mbok many girls ask for a self introduction and if you used google translate for that I'm sure they'd laugh and not accept your bid. So for Mbok you'd have to write Japanese at least at a conversational level.

>> No.8402002

>>8401704
>no shoes
>doesn't shave
>no makeup
>can't be bothered with her hair
>lives in a fucking camper with no room for a decent wardrobe
There's no way this girl doesn't look like a filthy mess.

>>8401732
Maybe instead of worrying about how the online lolita community will react to her she should worry about getting her shit together.

>> No.8402033

Do you guys know why AP's San Francisco store closed? When I looked it up it listed the hours as if it were still open.

>> No.8402116
File: 169 KB, 700x731, TB2H.ZrcVXXXXaiXXXXXXXXXXXX-47494103.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Anyone got it yet? It is pretty much a mix of GLB and Kera.

>> No.8402121

>>8402033
There's still an AP store in SF though. Not sure what you're asking?

>> No.8402147

>>8401704
>I live in a camper
Oh hunny...

Why is a person like this even interested in lolita? She doesn't seem the type. If I were her and wanted to feel more feminine, I would tackle some of the most basic things like trying -not- to live in a camper with three animals, finding a place that has space, and practicing some basic hygienic tendencies. Forget the wardrobe.

>> No.8402158

>>8401738

IIRC a thread about a desire for for less "camera ready" coords being the norm.

>> No.8402250

>>8402158
While I agree with this sentiment, a thread like that is only going to bring out the lazy noobs who want to throw on a skirt with no petti and no styling at all and call it lolita...

>> No.8402256

>>8402250

And we can see that it already has. >>8401704

>> No.8402282

>>8401732
Ew just looked and saw that too. What kind of backwoods place is this hillbilly from?

>> No.8402292

>>8401741
From a distance the colors and pattern are vaguely reminiscent of the colossal titan's muscles, I'm guessing that's what they're referring to

>> No.8402294

>>8402282
Troll Acres

>> No.8402295
File: 74 KB, 717x960, 11406988_630324377104031_4390950645326281058_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'm so bored of people making sloppy milky chan replica stuff, if someone is making something from scratch why not make something original.
Milky is long dead from being over replicated, let that thing be put to rest.

>> No.8402307
File: 271 KB, 670x401, 010.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

upcoming JetJ dress aka
>leda and the swan vagina rape print

>> No.8402310

>>8402307
Well that's a shame. The cut of the dress is beautiful.

>> No.8402316

>>8402307
Trolling at its' finest again from JetJ

>> No.8402319
File: 187 KB, 750x1623, TB2M_9ycpXXXXcVXXXXXXXXXXXX_!!65355658.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Do you think this hat would go with classic lolita?

>> No.8402332

>>8402033
Are you referring to Fairytale Boutique?

>> No.8402337

>>8402116
i am interested, do you own it yourself?

>> No.8402341

>>8402319
Probably, although it reminds me of the women's church hats they sell at Macy's.

>> No.8402362

>>8402116
I've ordered one. It's not due to be shipped yet though.

>> No.8402382
File: 450 KB, 1340x401, failed shoop.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8402310
ikr?
remove that print and add some ruffles at the skirt and the dress would be beautiful

>> No.8402484
File: 213 KB, 763x691, wtfegl.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I was checking egl on a whim, and this looks like spam? Are mods not modding anymore?

>> No.8402530

Is One Day In Paradise coming back to Aus? I saw a listing for one of their petticoats on LM yesterday night, they were even in Syd. I heard there was a lot of drama with ODIP in melb a few years back. Wonder if they're coming back.

>> No.8402578
File: 96 KB, 692x690, odip.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8402530
Oh thanks for reminding me anon, was gonna post this earlier.

Yup, look who's back... Trying to pretend she didn't just fuck over large portions of the community?

>> No.8402596

>>8402382
I'm much more forgiving of current JetJ than most people here, but I find that dress unfortunate in a number of ways. The cut is great, though. That green version with either a ruffle or a tone-on-tone/monochrome design on the skirt like J et J used to do would be really lovely.

>> No.8402597

>>8400165
Charles Phoenix would beg to differ.

>> No.8402613

>>8400930
I didn't know this was a thing. Now I want all of them. Anon, what have you done?

>> No.8402661

>>8397539
>>8397525
Forgive for sounding salty but why in the hell has the usa store not gotten a store special set in ages!?

>> No.8402667
File: 455 KB, 689x912, Mao_Zedong_portrait.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8397525
Mao approves.

This just screams exclusive to China.

>> No.8402775

>>8402121
>>8402332
I'm referring to the store on Kearny. It's still there, but even during normal hours it's closed.

>> No.8402809

>>8402307
I really need this. Wish list it goes

>> No.8402850

>>8402661
Because the Japanese hate westerners.

>> No.8402869

>>8402292
Holy shit. I see it. Barely, but goddamn, I see it.

>> No.8402984

>>8402307
>Purple
>sleeves

I'm in love

>Swan rape that reminds you of the aggressive water fowl on your campus
SO close...yet so far

>> No.8402991
File: 107 KB, 780x520, flowerblouse.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

What do you guys think about this blouse? I like it but something seems off and idk what exactly that is. Thoughts?

>> No.8403004
File: 111 KB, 669x933, 10377021_959003307460897_3401058171527608516_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Stupid question:

How long does bunny house take to make their petticoat?

>I ordered a custom size 40cm length medium poof on june 2nd and still no response

>> No.8403010

>>8402991
It looks fine to me. Were I designing it, I would invert the button colors, but that's the only thing that sticks out.

>> No.8403044

>>8403004
Have you paid yet? It takes 15-20 working days from day of payment. Don't stress.

>>8402319
Possibly, but it could also go very wrong if the rest of the outfit isn't on point

>> No.8403049

>>8402991
It's cute, but I feel like a blouse in that style would be better in opaque fabric. What's the point of cute flower buttons if they're under a JSK?

>> No.8403091

>>8403044
I did pay for it, my pp statement says I paid for it

>> No.8403321

>>8402991
Not suitable for lolita in my opinion

>> No.8403408

>>8402991

>>8402991

I have a couple of blouses with laser-cut ruffle collars like that. One of the biggest issue is that when you wear it with a jsk that has fancy tulle or cotton lace on it, the laser-cut ruffles suddenly feel rather cheap and empty. These blouses look fancy and girly because we're so used to normal dresses being completely plain, but when you put them next to a lolita dress, they suddenly feel rather cheap and flimsy, and a lot less detailed than a lolita dress.

I usually wear mine with less fancy jsks that don't have any lace on them ( a few taobao dresses, some JetJ), and I style it casually, almost normalfag instead of lolita.

Other anons have mentioned this, but it's not a good blouse for wearing over skirts. Aside from the sheerness problem (which can be solved with wearing a camisole underneath), the blouse doesn't seem to be shaped much, which means you may end up with a baggy mess atop your skirt, instead of a nice silhoutte.

>> No.8403505

>>8402578
what happened? deets please

>> No.8403509

>>8402530
Her petticoats are actually really good.
I was supposed to review one but the big drama and store closure happened before I could.
I've had mine for probably about a year now and it's just as poofy as day one.

>> No.8403526

>>8402578
>>8402530
She has resurfaced, it's like she's so delusional that she doesn't realise no-one wants to associate with her anymore.

>> No.8403566

>>8402775
Did you go when they were doing inventory? That's the only time I've seen them 'closed' during business hours. They'll shut the store for an afternoon to unbox and get everything into their catalog.

>> No.8403581

>>8403091
You're fine anon, it takes them a couple weeks. Shipping's fast though. If you're really worried feel free to email them and confirm, the owner's very sweet and responds pretty quickly!

>> No.8403615

>>8402530
Can we all have an agreement to just fucking boycott her this time around? She was such a nutjob and we don't need her back.

>> No.8403616

>>8403505
https://www.tumblr.com/tagged/one-day-in-paradise

>> No.8403620

>>8403505
gtfoEGL has some good summaries on her.

>> No.8403631

So Thinklolita posted on her blog she hates Krad Lanrete. Does anyone have any details?

>> No.8403762

>>8403631
afaik they had some personal beef, and she's also annoyed that on multiple occasions she had the wrong dresses sent to her/not received a dress at all.

>> No.8403768

So i'm going to Paris in september,
I heard there was a B.T.S.S.B store there.
Has anyone ever been? what kind of stock do they have or is it the same as their online store?
Also, is there any other Lolita stores in Paris?

>> No.8403780

>>8403768
There used to be several lolita stores in Paris but they all closed save for Baby. They have a dedicated blog with their stock that you'll find in a quick google search. You can also check out Axes Femme Paris.

>> No.8403790

>>8403768
>B.T.S.S.B

>> No.8403848
File: 135 KB, 540x960, tumblr_npzjmcRukM1sd87t7o1_1280.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

New prints up from IW: Miracle of Night Sky

>> No.8403850
File: 86 KB, 500x667, tumblr_npziveTTEH1sd87t7o1_r1_500.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

A few more from AP, new series called Luminous Santuary (AP's really liking the building theme)

>> No.8403853
File: 92 KB, 500x667, tumblr_npziveTTEH1sd87t7o3_r1_500.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Ya'll better start sending Chibi your requests

>> No.8403854

How can you order a 3f bonnet when Kerashop is out of stock?

>> No.8403855

>>8403848
neeeed! but no money, damn.

>> No.8403856
File: 401 KB, 1024x1365, tumblr_npziveTTEH1sd87t7o2_r1_1280.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Lots of unicorns this time. Is Mr Yan releasing that long awaited Unicorn print??

>> No.8403861

>>8403855
It's IW, so it'll be up on reservation for a bit, and then you'll be waiting a week or so before they'll send you the invoice, so you might have the money then anon!

>cupcakes aren't sushi captcha

>> No.8403868

>>8403856
I can already feel how people will use this picture to defend not wearing petticoats
>This model is not wearing a petticoat so I don't have to wear one either!

>> No.8403872

>>8403868
Well it's the type of dress that looks fine without a petticoat, if less lolita, so it's hardly a big deal.

>> No.8403878

New thread
>>8403877

>> No.8404123

After nearly 9 years in this fashion I've just made my first order direct from a brand. Crazy, seeing as as I STILL have a long list of dream dresses from 2008-11 that I haven't managed to bag yet.

I have to ask though, Isn't 64.7cm a bit long for a 'miniskirt'? I'm hoping I can roll the waistband up a bit and pick a loose blouse to hide the join

Also I settled on a Delft Lotta miniskirt (wanted the regular skirt/jsk or better, the Lotta people actually want) and was wondering if there was any easy way of taking in the waist as I think it is meant to sit on the hips

>> No.8404482

>>8398790
I love this print also. Thankies for posting this one.

>> No.8404495

>>8400445
Cute and creepy! We have a lot in common!

>> No.8404676

>>8403868
And no petti looks awful on the model, too, so...