[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 6 KB, 231x218, download.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8544230 No.8544230 [Reply] [Original]

haven't seen this in a while. do you have any stories to share? damaged boxes, shitty packaging, customs being assholes etc.

>> No.8544241

Still haven't gotten my fucking Qutieland order.
I ordered in April.
I talked to them about a bunch of shit, they couldn't get anything in the right color, they didn't message me about two of the items in my order that they couldn't get, just a whole bunch of shit for months.
Finally like three weeks ago we come to an agreement that they'll split ship me what they /do/ have, and send the rest whenever they get it.
But if they /have/ shipped any of it, they at least haven't updated any of the items statuses.
Fuck this shit, god damn.

>> No.8544495

>am in the process of buying a blouse
>seller doesn't have any lolita on her page or has any lolita related feedback
>ask for proof pic of the package, because it's a bit sketchy
>blouse is wrapped in a thin grocery bag
>welp, just as I thought

obviously asked for better packaging

>> No.8544502

>make order from bodyline
>get the free shipping
>still keep up w/ tracking
>package gets to USA, good
>in customs for a bit
>package is suddenly sent to Bahrain
>try to see if USPS can do anything
>they can do nothing
>about a month later, package shows up at my doorstep
>i'd completely forgotten
>surprise?
>never get free shipping w/ bodyline again

>> No.8544506

>>8544495
Sorry if this is OT, but how do you usually pack your items? I'm always worried that buyers might find my packaging not safe enough. Also, do you recycle packaging materials?

>> No.8544516

I've been waiting 19 days for a taobao haul shipped EMS, and tracking info hasn't updated beyond "origin post is preparing shipment" for over 2 weeks. Taobaospree isn't worried (they just sent me an email saying "your mail is about to be dispatched"), but I am. Am I a horror story in the making?

>> No.8544517

>>8544506
I had a bulk order of plastic shopping bags and shipping bags (those bags that bodyline uses), I usually use them both. if the item is too big for that, I use a box, fragile items I try to or wrap in bubble wrap or wrap it into the dress. sometimes I do reuse stuff, like barely damaged bubble wrap or boxes. I always try to make my package as watertight as possible.

>> No.8544519

>>8544506
For me it's usually either:
1. plastic bag + bubble wrap + plastic bubble envelope
2. plastic bag + box

I add extra bubble wrap for accessories and such, but I haven't gotten a complaint yet about stuff getting damaged in the mail.

>> No.8544560

>>8544506
I order a lot of shit, so I always have wrapping materials and boxes left over. Usually:

For dresses: Plastic bag (double wrapped if it doesn't feel secure) + Box
For accessories/shoes: Plastic bag + Bubble wrap + Box or bubble wrap envelope.

I will sometimes ship dresses in an extra plastic bag if I'm out of boxes, but only for domestic orders. international goes with a box.

>> No.8545134

>>8544241
I ordered some surface spell stuff off qutieland a while ago because it was sold out on taobao. After 3 months, the order status still hadn't updated, and now the items were back in stock on taobao, so I asked for a refund/cancellation. Qutieland tried to argue against it, but paypal granted me the refund anyway. What do they even do in all that time? It's not the suppliers that are taking that long to make it, since it went back in stock on their own store...

>> No.8545175

>>8544516
EMS isn't 100% I waited thee weeks for EMS before.

>>8544506
Some kind of wrapping+original item if it's in a box. If it's an envelope I just buy a bubble wrap version.

>> No.8545290

>>8544506
Plastic bag + paper towels for padding

>> No.8545300
File: 63 KB, 666x1000, oh the horror.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Sometime last year I bought a small figure from a friend (it was part of a set and she didn't want to keep all of them) within the EU and it never arrived.

Neither of us felt like adding tracking or anything since it was just a small cheap figure but it still makes me kinda sad I'll never see it again, it's not much of a horror story but still.
Honestly I'm just silently waiting to have a news article about a mailman who hoarded packages for 27 years to have a tiny anime figure on his shelf.

>picture unrelated to this story, it's just my favorite mailing related one

>> No.8545407
File: 93 KB, 400x267, 1653649_stock-photo-sad-japanese-girl.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Win a dress in an auction
>3 people bidding on it saying its their dream dress
>I win it for $70
>someone steals my package

No one gets it now..

>> No.8548906

bump

>> No.8548914
File: 5 KB, 265x190, I don't want to be a pirate.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

What's the deal with sellers lying about when they shipped your package? They put the date on the tracking sticker. I know you sent my skirt 12 days later than you said you did, fucker.

>> No.8548918

>>8545300
What the fuck was the excuse for putting the package on the roof, what the hell? I'm sorry I read some of your story but that pic is distracting

>> No.8548923

>>8548918
If that's real, they were probably throwing the package in the air and it got stuck.

>> No.8548926

>>8548918
maybe they tried to toss it over a gate and really fucked up? This pic is posted a lot but no one has ever explained.

>> No.8548935

>>8544230
>ordered super sonico headphones
>box was smashed beyond belief
>small dent in them
>I was so lucky

>> No.8548973

>>8548935
I had this happen, but to someone who ordered something from me. The carrier completely fucked up the package and then I got blamed for it and they wanted a refund. I tried to explain that it wasn't my fault and that I did package the item carefully and securely. I really hope you didn't take that route with whoever you bought these headphones from because damaged items due to the carrier being reckless isn't the seller's fault.

>> No.8548974

>>8548973
Nah I knew it was probably a packer. I assumed that someone had put a package on top of it during transit and didn't even notice

I was so worried, but I knew it wasn't the sellers fault at all, it was out of their control

>> No.8548979

>>8548974
Thank gawd.. I was locked in such a long battle with someone on ebay because their figure was crushed, but it wasn't my fault and they opened two cases. One was with ebay and the other with paypal in order to get money from both places at the same time back to them, while I am left with no returned figurine and no messages being responded to from the buyer. They were blacklisted on ebay for this shit, but they still got their money back and I was given a refund from PayPal due to all the bs this person was trying to pull over with both companies.

Its even more complicated than that because they tried to extort money from be by threatening me with bad feedback which is against ebay policy.. Ugh. Just thinking about it all is giving my blood a boil.

>> No.8549000
File: 63 KB, 754x482, Capture.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

W-what's happening with my package? I ordered this on July 23 and the seller shipped it out July 25, and then that one on the 5th is the first tracking detail for it. Why would it be sent to Beijing customs over and over again or is the system just fucking up and that actually means it's in Australia hopefully

>> No.8549004

>>8549000
I think it arrived at the Beijing office.

>> No.8549012
File: 10 KB, 100x100, tumblr_inline_n7oy7jXAWR1sw1l1g.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8549004

>> No.8549156

>>8545134

For all you know, qutieland were the ones that convinced surface spell to restock that item. Not that I have much sympathy for them, honestly the right thing to do is to not sell an out-of-stock item, failing that, some communication with the customer that the item was mistaken not marked as out-of-stock, is being restocked and will take 3 months from supplier, is the way I'd expect the communication to go.

>> No.8549645

>>8544230
When I order something expensive I just have it shipped to my parents. My mom is always home to sign for stuff and there's no risk of it disappearing from the top of the mail boxes at my apartment complex. Easier than going to the post office, too.

The first time I moved out our mail lady saw my change of address and told my parents "I'm not letting any of her packages get delivered there, let her know I'm forwarding it all back to you guys."

I apparently moved to an area high in mail fraud, and really appreciated her doing that for us. Make friends with your mail person, give them gifts on holidays, they will treat you right.

>> No.8549696

>Order wig from ayanamisator
>Four weeks later, "out for delivery", but in the zip code over.
>Status update says "undeliverable"
>Package immediately starts moving to other states.
>WTF, call USPS. Get told I'll get a callback in a few days.
>In the meantime, package moves to new york and stops.
>USPS calls back, tells me that the address must have been wrong.
>Tell them no, I'm looking at it, it's correct. Can you send it back?
>Lol nope, it's already been returned to sender and is out of the country without the chance for me to pick it up or any additional delivery attempts.
>Ask them for any kind of proof that it was returned because the tracker won't update in china
>Tell me nope you're shit out of luck.
>As expected, ayanamisator won't provide a refund without tracker proof
>Claim they never got the return
>Paypal is two days past dispute date
>Explain situation and long delivery time, Paypal won't help
>Never get refund

>Bonus: tried calling USPS again to see if they could provide proof of return, and the woman I talked to couldn't figure out for the life of her why the package was undeliverable in the first place because it never even made it to my zip code. Someone at the post office must've mis-sorted and didn't want to deal with it.

>> No.8549747

>order from Bodyline
>package hits customs in New York
>package stays in customs
>over a week later still in customs
>get ready to call to ask what's going on
>package shows up in New Jersey (70 miles away)
>departed New Jersey two days ago
>nothing

I have a feeling it's going to be another week before I finally get that package.

>> No.8549756

>>8544230
>no orange peel story
come on gulls

>> No.8549771
File: 111 KB, 370x272, 1438152603281.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Tracking Update: Train Derailment

>> No.8549777

>>8548914
I seriously don't get this! If you can't get to the post office just tell me, I'm gonna see the real fucking date. Do they not know it's in plain sight? I did a group order with a comm member and she kept stringing me along about shipping my items, and when I finally got the package, it was shipped several days after she told me it had been shipped. She paid for faster shipping I guess to try and make up for it or hide it, but just... why? Just be honest.

>> No.8549788
File: 63 KB, 440x667, fateextrakuji.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>ordered this poster
>had to be shipped with EMS
>not a single problem with EMS yet
>package is late
>finally the mailman arrives!
>package was REALLY poorly wrapped. It was like the original box with just a bit of bubblewrap and thats it.
>the package was very damaged. I prayed that the poster wouldn't be damaged too
>open the package
>fucking dents everywhere.

Fortunately, i was able to correct some of the worst dents but i was fucking pissed. I'm sure the value dropped a shitload.

>> No.8549791

>>8549771
Didn't someone post a story a long time ago about how their mail truck caught on fire?

>> No.8549797
File: 23 KB, 561x366, train derailment.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8549771
>not posting the appropriate image

>>8548918
Since I googled "package on roof" for the image, I came across a metro article about it and they think the mailman was trying to hurl it into the dude's yard because he wasn't home.

>> No.8549811
File: 37 KB, 354x354, plastic-bag_thank-you.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>bought brand skirt from Russia
>package took two months
>arrived in a grocery bag
>it was loosely knotted too
>skirt was full of hair so I tossed it in the washing machine
>skirt comes out with white fuzz overall
>thanks to APs usefull hidden pockets seller left used handkerchief inside

Sorry, I will never buy from russians again

>> No.8549825
File: 192 KB, 480x720, sailormoon-crystal-wigs-costumes-official2014c.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8549811
2nd storry
>bought Sailor Moon wig on eBay
>mailman throws it 23 feet high on the balcony
>on balcony live my rabbits
>the chew on everything
>no notification from mailman so I don't know about package
>feed rabbits in the evening
>see package and start to wonder
>wig was untouched like a miracle

>> No.8549862

>>8549825
this must be a joke but it's funny anyway

>> No.8549881
File: 848 KB, 245x180, tumblr_mgjk3v2BAn1rx8c3po3_r1_250.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>buy pair of spiked high heels from USA seller
>get a firm arrival date but no tracking information
>that's alright they're only one state away
>arrival date comes, all I get is a letter in post office stationary
>print out of paypal transaction record inside
>note along with it says 'Found loose in mail stream'
>oh shit something happened to my shoes!
>contact seller, ask for tracking info to hunt down package
>"I didn't get a tracking number."
>but you sent it flat rate mail, they give a tracking number for that
>"Well I didn't get one. Here's the phone number to the local post office. Call them for help."
>uh no, you're the seller, it's your responsibility to find out what happened to my package
>seller gets huffy and says she'll check her receipts for a number
>start to think she's scamming me and ask to see proof of her even mailing the package
>she shows me picture of receipt
>receipt only shows purchase of a letter two days after she said she sent my package
>seller gets defensive as fuck when I point it out
>"No! I shipped a package! Not a letter!!"
>this totally says you sent me a letter and the handwriting of the address matches the handwriting on the "Found loose.." note
>file claim with eBay for refund
>seller magically comes up with receipt saying she shipped the package
>says package was returned to her because it was undeliverable as addressed
>you got the right address for that letter but not the right address for my package?
>completely baffled on how they could have done that unless it was on purpose
>ignore buyer's offer to resend shoes, just want my money back
>get money, leave negative feedback, a year later and I still haven't bought another pair of those shoes

>> No.8549892

>>8549811
I know that feel anon.
I bought some pair of tights from Finland and it was only wrapped in a shitty thin plastic bag. Needless to say, that It arrived in fucking awful condition.

This was the first last time I bought something off the facebook sales group.

>> No.8549912

>>8549777
I totally agree. I hate being lied to.

> Order a tshirt
> Receive the wrong size
> Contact seller
> "Ok ship it back and we'll send you the right size"
> Ship the shirt back
> Weeks go by
> Contact seller, get a bunch of excuses
> "We've been really busy trying to prepare for an upcoming event."
> More time goes by
> No notice about the shirt
> Start getting mad, confront the seller
> "We shipped it out, it's not our fault you never got it"
> No shipping notice, nobody ever told me it was shipped, nothing.
> Realize I've been talking to two different people all this time, each giving me a conflicting bunch of excuses
> Contact PayPal, even though it's past the 45-day timeframe
> It's more of an "on principle" thing than getting back $15
> Almost immediately after submitting to PayPal, seller suddenly is extremely apologetic
> I just ask for a refund so it's done and over.
> Finally, after 2 months, get my money refunded.

PayPal is seriously the best. I don't know what the deal was with the sellers I was dealing with. They were just really unprofessional. The shame was, had they just shipped me the size I'd ordered in the first place it could have all been avoided. I just didn't like when it started seeming like one person was telling me one story, and the other was telling me the opposite.

>> No.8549934

>>8549811
oh no please tell me mail from Russia doesn't always take 2 months

>> No.8550104

>>8549788
You'd think for a place selling posters than they'd buy some goddamn tubes

>> No.8550119
File: 154 KB, 750x750, nooo.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8544230
One time I ordered a cute high school bag from Ali and it arrived pretty badly damaged and dirty.
It's apparent that the parcel was rubbed against something rough for so long that it tore through the poly mailer and even through the bag itself!
I understand that this probably happened in transit so it's not really the seller's fault, but my order was only wrapped in 1 super thin plastic bag (thinner than the clear plastic bags you put vegetables in at the supermarket) and then put into the poly mailer that seemed to be also unusually thin. Although the damage occurred in transit, the seller chose to use these inadequate shipping materials/methods (and to not communicate), so I opened a dispute on Ali and was able to win back a partial refund.
The damage is irreparable so I just covered it up with a bow. I think it looks alright now haha

>>8545407
Aww I'm sorry anon. I hope it somehow turns up and/or that you find another one soon!

>> No.8550163

>dad bought 2 rubber boken as a surprise from ebay
>comes in and one of boxes looks like it was run over
>note on box says contents might be broken
>opens box and sure enough, boken is broken in half
>dad contacts store
>store says return boken for new one
>has to deal with dad making "broken boken" joke until new one comes in

>> No.8550460

>>8549777
I never understood this either. I've had problems trying to ship stuff before, I understand the panic and guilt on it, but I've never had a single person get angry with me because I've explained it every time. I've ended up sitting on someone's package for about 10 days once because I was snowed into my house and running off generator power. Ended up knitting a hat in the downtime and sticking it in the box because I felt so guilty.

>> No.8550480

Canadians will understand when I say "Post Canada"
>Order from Taobao
>Take slow shipping bcuz Jew
>Shipping cost 2xx dollars because super big order
>SS use address on PP and not the address on SS' website
>Ohfuck.jpg
>Call people who moved into new house and ask if they can tell the dude to deliver it here, or at least at the post office
>He does so
>Wait a bit, no dude
>Go to post office
>Oh I'm sorry anon, we sent your package back
>mfw
Another story
>Waiting for package all day, legit didn't sleep.
>Looked out the blinds constantly because I'm excited af
>Broke blind because I couldn't stop
>Sees truck
>Guy doesn't even ring
>He puts missed package slip
>Package is 16kg
>Have no car and siblings w/ car are out of town
>Package isn't even sent to the post office near my house, but the one up top of the hill
>super mad
>Ask neighbour to bring me
Fuck Canada Post, or Post Canada. IDFK.

>> No.8550482

>>8544516
That means that it's just sitting either in their office, or at a Chinese post office and it simply hasn't moved yet. I've had the same thing happen, it'll move eventually.

>> No.8550492

Not strictly /cg/ related but involves dumb expensive fancy jfash wearing dolls from Japan so I guess. I just have fucking bad luck or something. Also as quick background I used to live in a backwoods area on an old farm, its relevant to story.

>ordered new doll
>watch tracking eagerly
>it says delivered
>didn't hear anything, dog didn't bark either
>search porch, mailbox area, etc
>theres snow everywhere so I'm even digging through that
>suddenly notice tire marks
>follow them
>they lead to barn
>package is sitting on top of barrel next to barn doors
>yes i'm sure the goats will appreciate your service mailman

>another doll coming some time later
>tracking status:delivered
>package is nowhere to be seen
>yes i checked the barn this time
>ask family members
>"well maybe they delivered it to other road"
>"other road" is a very similarly named street to mine that is best described as a redneck ghetto
>about to call post office
>hear car beeping in driveway
>old classmate gets out of car holding package
>it was delivered to her house on other road even though the numbers are not similar at all
>she recognized name and remembered me riding school bus with her so dropped it off
>angels do exist

>> No.8550512

>>8550119
the world ends with u pin
>nice

>> No.8550522

>>8550492
>move away from farm into city suburbs
>very first package i order at new address
>it gets as far as "out for delivery" and just disappears
>post office can give me no answers
>it got on the truck and just Houdini'd out
>they won't answer claim because its not officially lost yet or something
>2 months pass
>it shows up back at senders house with no explanation and in perfect shape
>post office "has no record" of it and won't refund shipping
>still no idea what happend
>aliens.jpg

>most recent order because i cant learn a fucking lesson apparently
>tracking says delivered
>not on porch
>not in mailbox
>post office unhelpful ("well maybe they marked it delivered but it actually wasnt yet")
>freak out all day
>next morning
>doorbell rings
>biker dude from 3 houses down hands me a disheveled looking box
>"sorry lady my kids got the mail and got it open before i came home, doll scared the shit out of him though so I think its ok. I checked it over but if it is damaged lemme know"
>thank him and open box
>bubble wrap has obviously been torn off but doll was carefully swaddled back up in it like a baby
>this motherfucker is getting a cookie tray on christmas

>> No.8550572

>>8550522
Bless you, biker dude.
Bet his kids won't go near the mail again though.

>> No.8550585

>>8544241
>Qutieland
People still use them??? I thought it was known they were terrible.

>> No.8550603

>>8550460
They're just spineless is all.

>> No.8550604

>>8550585
Well clearly I didn't know.
I'm certainly fucking not using them again.

>> No.8550616

>>8549777
nice trips
My seller first lied and said that the package was returned to her only a few days after she supposedly shipped it but this was right after a holiday weekend so what, you gave it to the post office, it sat there for 2 days, then they sent it directly back to you? So she messaged me saying she was shipping it out again ~at her own expense~ and after that it didn't show up for 9 more days. The shipping label said it was actually shipped 2 days before I got it. Additional bonus: it was just wrapped up in a paper bag and taped together. I never left her feedback but didn't want to risk bad feedback in retaliation.

>> No.8550636

>>8550616

to be fair, that happened to me like four times when i was posting stuff at my old house because the local post office was terrible. i think they used to kick parcels around as well, i used to get stuff in burst boxes all the times and buyers would tell me they'd received parcels nearly ripped fully open and stuff.

>> No.8550642

>>8550604
Man I am so sorry, I had a friend wait 3-4 months for a dress from them.

>> No.8550647

>>8550642
Thanks mate
I suppose I ought to put out a warning on LJ or something.

>> No.8550667

>>8550636
Okay but I don't think it's acceptable for a seller to ship an item in a paper shopping bag to begin with. Put that shit in a box or tyvek mailer.

>> No.8550671

>>8550667

oh shit son, no that's not okay. I thought you meant one of those postage bags or some shit.

>> No.8550677

not really a horror story, but im waiting for a package from bodyline (just a couple blouses, nothing huge) and its been almost 3 weeks since they left japan. USPS hasnt been scanning tracked packages lately (not mine, at least) and im getting worried. is it lost, or just taking forever?

>> No.8550696

>>8550677
I've had this happen with Bodyline before. If it's coming through New York then sometimes they don't scan it until it gets to New Jersey and sometimes they don't scan anywhere up until it reaches your state or even your local post office.

It's probably just taking forever.

>> No.8550933

>>8550460
Oh god my friend started this sort of sisterhood of the traveling pants style thing with a coat. You get it, add a patch, then mail it to the next person. The coat was missing for over a year because one guy who got it didn't mail it out for weeks, felt guilty, and boxed it away hoping the problem would go away. Eventually my friend googled the guy's forum name, found a steam account with the same name and icon, saw this guy was friends on steam with someone who mentioned a FB, then messaged that friend on FB and asked him to let the coat thief know he wanted the coat back. Somehow it worked and he got the coat back!

>> No.8551076

>>8549862
I kid you not, this happened but it still feels like a joke.

>>8549934
I heared from other lolitas that russian post is very complicated and that's why packages take so long.
I wish I could comfort you.

>> No.8551109

>>8550480
>but the one up top of the hill
as someone who lives on top of a hill I know your pain. any way you slice it you're going to have to go up it at least once and going downhill while walking isn't that easy if you think about it

>> No.8551137

I used to work in a shop where I had to do all the online orders. We had a shitty courier who screwed shit up all the time and continuously lied to me about whereabouts of packages. Mfw it was an arts, crafts and wool shop so it was always little old ladies shouting at me for losing their packages or sending them the "wrong stuff" because they can't use computers and ordered the wrong stuff.

>One time, a few days before Christmas someone placed a huge order with loads of gift stuff.
>I was like, shit, they probably want this before Christmas, so I got it all packaged and sent out the same day. >Tracking said it was delivered the next day. That was grand.
>One month later, email from customer saying she still hadn't gotten package.
>wtf.jpg
>ring courier to find out what happened
>several hours of my day wasted trying to get to the bottom of it
>they lied to me multiple times saying they called the customer and she said to leave it in the porch
>customer was not contacted by anyone
>eventually find out that the driver tossed it into her rubbish bin and didn't inform anyone where it was
>mfw €200 euro worth of stuff
>had to send out package again, a lot of the stuff wasn't in stock anymore

I have many similar stories. I'm so glad I don't work there anymore.

>> No.8551181

>>8551076
At least I know to lower my expectations now, ugh. It's a really exciting dress I'm waiting for but I'll try to forget about it for now.

>> No.8551214

>>8551137
Jesus Christ that courier sounds like a scrote. I would've strangled him on the spot, so I would.

I totally get you though, used to work in a call centre myself. Not only did we get to disappoint old biddies all the time, we also had to scam them and literally bully them into subscribing to some useless service or another and the boss would usually tell us 'oh they said yes the last time, they're just being difficult'.
Toxic coworkers, never again.

>> No.8551233

>>8550492
>>8550522

Anon you've been blessed with helpful angels when it comes to mail.

>> No.8551245

>>8551214
Been told to look for a job online and most of what I see are call center jobs and your post is pretty much the exact reason I'd rather be broke then scam some old naive people.

>> No.8551253

>>8551245
It was so depressing. The people working there are either young and stupid or older and desperate, and you usually get more of the latter. Most people only do it because there's nothing else, not to mention that they're pyramid schemes 90% of the time. I say this to anyone considering working there, DON'T.

>> No.8551283
File: 54 KB, 600x600, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>pre order big boss jacket and shirt to wear at midnight release in September to rep my husbando
>pre order supposed to ship in July
>jacket pre order moved to November
>fuck
at least I'll get the shirt, right?
>email them asking about shirt
>"yes you'll be getting the shirt in July!"
>July 30th
>no update on order
>email them
>August 12th (today)
>still no reply or update
I'm getting kind of worried, I'm gonna email them again today though.
has anyone ever ordered from them?

>> No.8551285

>>8551283
sorry should say the store name
lvlup wear

>> No.8551307

>>8544506
I'm a poorfag so I use two thin grocery bags around the item and then one sturdy one as outer wrapping (H&M-tier sturdy). Nobody seems to mind, but maybe that's because I'm only sending hoodies and fairy kei stuff rather than expensive burando.

>> No.8551422

>>8551307
Mailing items in a plastic bag is the worst thing you can do. They're not sturdy and can tear easily. How tf does the post office even allow items wrapped in that to be mailed? Shame on you, anon.

>> No.8551425

>>8551422
H&M does it all the time. Not all plastic bags are created equal.

>> No.8551442

>>8551422
Royal Mail don't really care. I layer a bag, parcel tape, another bag, parcel tape, another bag, parcel tape. Nothing has gone missing so far.

>> No.8551465
File: 64 KB, 960x720, Package.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8550104
The package is super long so i bet they used it as a water noodle or something in the post. But i'm honestly surprised that they couldn't put the poster in a tube, but in a fragile long package without any protection? what the hell
Pic related. It doesn't show the dents well but the package is covered in dents like those. Never going to buy a poster again without proper packaging. (I bought a fate/extra ccc promo poster and boy was it well secured over all the cardboard and bubblewrap +++)

>> No.8551511

>>8551307
>Too poor to save used cardboard boxes or pick up free ones from grocery/liquor stores.

Are you an idiot or...? Don't mail peoples' purchases in "sturdy" grocery bags.

>> No.8551533

>>8551307
>not just mailing with free flat rate shit
>not using free FedEx bags and turning them inside out

>> No.8551570

>>8549645
>Make friends with your mail person, give them gifts on holidays, they will treat you right.
I always try to do this, it probably just looks like I'm flirting with them, but because I live in a city centre the mailmen change every few months.
>tfw no qt old mailperson to bake cookies for

I miss technomailman from my last flat, he was in his 40s but blasted techno from his phone's speaker wherever he went to keep his vibe up as he worked. You could hear him coming, never missed a package.

>> No.8551597

>>8545300
>Ordered a figure and a jacket for cosplay
>Arrives sooner than expected
>Notice the mailman has his hand carefully positioned under the box and is holding on for dear life
>Hands it over like its a hostage and just says "careful" before leaving
>Get inside and turn it over to take a look
>Half of the underside of the box is just gone, completely ripped off and has been replaced with about 5 pieces of regular tape two of them already broken one of them twisted
>rips and tears even a few stains somehow

Waste of 200 dollars. I think it was more a customs issue, but still how do you just lose half of the underside of a box? That baffles me.

>> No.8551608
File: 69 KB, 791x635, wat.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Apparently my keyboard time travels as well as lights up...hrmmm...

>> No.8551616

i've opened up a package and a bunch of weird particles (?) spilled out. it was all over the too-big blouse i bought. it smelled like spices or something.

also, i've had an international seller place a charge back on me, stating i never shipped it and the tracking did not work. tracking (suddenly magically working) showed it arrived later, but i already refunded her to get rid of the hold on my account. i messaged her about it; never got a reply. cool.

>> No.8551672

>>8551608
This is what happens when you buy yourself things at 'early' Christmas presents.

>> No.8551673

>>8549934

It does if you don't get EMS. Never use any other service when buying from Russia.

>> No.8551889
File: 8 KB, 667x142, china port.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Hope you gulls didn't have items shipping from China. Because one of their larger ports got fucked up

>> No.8551918

>>8550480
You were watching the window all day and didnt go outside when he left the slip....?

>> No.8551922

>>8551889
Dumb question: Is this going to fuck up air shipping, too?

>> No.8551924

>>8551889
>I just ordered 2 costumes from china a few days ago

They are being custom made though, so they will ship in like a week. Am I still fucked?

>> No.8552196

>>8551889
FUCK ME

>> No.8552230

>>8551924
Do you know where they are being made? China has several major ports.

>> No.8552255

>>8550677
I'm in the same boat as you, anon. I placed 2 orders from Bodyline less than a week apart (forgot a few things in the first order) and half of my second order is in New Jersey but the rest hasn't updated at all.

>> No.8552265

is there a problem with getting air packages from japan right now? everything is moving so slowly and the post office has no idea where my package is now, or if its even left japan at all.

>> No.8552329

>>8551889
I might be fucked because I'm waiting on things to come from Singapore but they usually go though China...

>> No.8552746

>>8544506
Tissue paper + ziploc bag + box

>> No.8552899

>>8551918
Yeah, I thought he was coming back but he just left.
My mistake on that, but fuck myself and fuck him for missed package slip.

>> No.8553638

>>8551889
Fuckity fuck, I just paid for my Taobao order's shipping less than thirty minutes ago.

Those poor people, though, may they rest in peace.

>> No.8553648

>>8552265
It's been exactly three weeks sin FJ shipped my package out and tracking has been stuck at "Origin Post is Preparing Shipment" for the vast majority of these three weeks.
But then again, I think I picked ground shipping this time around, so the long wait is probably just that.

>> No.8553671

>>8551597

Get it wet and it would fall right off i guess. Or the customs were dicks when opening and didnt care how they patched it back up.

>> No.8553684

>>8549000
I've had this happen a few times with large Taobao orders. For me, it was Beijing customs rejecting the package for whatever reason and it eventually got sent back to my SS, it took about 4 times before it finally got through.. I have no idea why it was even being rejected..

But if it is a Taobao order, ask your SS about it.

>> No.8553731

Help, how do I pay thr charge 2 payment on fromJapan? Is it only payable during their office hours or is there some sort of page I am missing? First time using them and their information is anything but clear.

>> No.8553738

>>8553731
They send an email when they prepare it after you've added the shipping instruction and then you follow the link and pay. Not sure how to get to the page otherwise.

>> No.8553811
File: 116 KB, 1280x720, RailgunS_10_8.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Never used Bodyline because the shitty service customer, shitty website and pedo owner
>then new shoes
>In GOLD
>omg I need a pair
>So buyed
>Free airshipping why not
>Taked 4 months
>Finally came
>Box (by miracle) in perfect condition
>open
>wat.jpg
>There's only ONE shoe
>Contact bodyline
>"It's not our fault. It's your problem" and sent me a link to the shopping guide
>wat. The package was never opened, so it means they forgot one shoe
>Contact them again
>3 days without answer
>sent another message, every 2-3 days
>Finally answer "If you insist, we must block you for spam"
>FUCKING OPEN PAYPAL DISPUTE
>I won
>BUT
>I must send the shoe back, TRACKED
>it ended cost me almost the price of the shoes
>arrived 2 weeks ago at Bodyline
>I message them about the package
>They confirm me they received the shoe
>Ok
>On Paypal: we received an empty packet
>WAT
>SHIT
>IS
>THIS
>Mesage them in FULL rage
>No answer
>PayPal ends in support of BL
>No money back
>No shoe
>Payed shipping to japan
>Then PayPal temporally closes my account due risk to being an scammer
>ME
>I had to pay the 2nd payment of a Taobao order
>SS only lets me pay with the email I'm register on their site
>I don't have a credit card

I never be so fucked and angry in my fucking entire life
Fuck

>> No.8553855

>>8551214
>>Scrote
>>Old biddies

You wouldn't be in Ireland by any chance?

>> No.8553858

>>8553811

Why did you even send the shoe back? I'd have just kept the money from the dispute and never order from BL again.

>> No.8553870

>>8553858
anon, it says right there she had to send it back with tracking in order to win the dispute

>> No.8553891

>>8553811
Did you send Paypal the BL confirmation that they received the shoe?! Also what about the tracking?! I feel like BL could easily have been proven to be lying...unless you did all that and they STILL ended in favor of BL?

>> No.8553896

>>8553891
Yeah I sent the tracking number which shows the packet arrived at BL
>>8553858
I had to ship it for get my money back

>> No.8553918

>>8553684
Nope, just one little costume from eBay. Hopefully if it gets sent back to the seller they'll contact me about it and if not, they offer a refund if it hasn't arrived to you after 25 working days

>> No.8553922

So how is Clobba at getting things in the post? I placed my order in March for a custom dress and nothing has shown up yet...

>> No.8553925

>>8551465
just curious anon, but what kind of paper is the poster made out of? Is it a nice heavy kind with an almost linen feel (think posters with screen prints) or is it just your standard high gloss photo paper?

>> No.8553929

>>8551307
anon...you shouldn't do that. Grocery bags usually have ink on them. When you wrap them around items, and then send it through the post, chances are it's going to be stored in hot and humid trucks and such. Ink rubs off from grocery bags and can stain. You're not poor enough that you can't afford, at the very least, some large ziplock bags

>> No.8553931

>>8553922
that's really long, anon. contact them and possible try to get a paypal claim open

>> No.8553938

Can you make customs pay if they fuck up your package or is it just tough luck? Who should you contact if you can?

>> No.8553993

>>8553811
I've never had to mail anything back to get my money back from a claim. That's fishy. Plus why would PP think you lied about getting one shoe? I've filed several claims and have never been suspected of scamming. That's really fucked, you have my condolences.

>> No.8554159

>>8553811
>not showing Paypal your tracking receipt showing weight of package

Bodyline can claim they got an empty box all they want but if the weight shows there's something in there, they're lying.

>> No.8554265

>>8551233
>>8550572
Oh gosh I know. Biker dude is a sweetie, though seems to find his kid's fear of me hilarious judging from the random bits of conversation I hear from them as they're playing in the culdesac. I am apparently now the voodoo lady of the neighborhood.
>every little girls dream

>> No.8554273

>>8553811
I hate when PP does that.
It happened to me on the last 2 claims I made (seller sent me a totally different item). Shipping back the item cost me more than the product itself, so I just trash them, and lost the money.

>> No.8555186
File: 17 KB, 364x350, vkRsjGU.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I remember when storenvy just opened and I bought a cute cat dress and back pack from someone in australia- Black cat boutique
They never arrived and deleted all evidence of their existence after they said they'd refund everyone
Still pretty miffed about losing £60 honestly

>> No.8555212

>>8554265
>voodoo lady of the neighborhood

Kek

>> No.8555256

>>8554159
It was a heavy empty box

-mr. yan

>> No.8555308

Can I share a nice mail story? My mail lady is so ridiculously nice. I've actually become pretty good friends with her after an incident that happened about a year ago.

>She comes to my door and has a package for me
>I don't have any cash/credit to pay the customs fees, so she says I can pick it up at the post office later
>She then hands me the package and leaves
>I realize she fucked up, so I walk to the post office and explain, and pay the fees myself
>She stops by my house the next day to thank me, and says that she could have lost her job over that
>We get to talking and she turns out to be super nice

Now I usually invite her inside for tea or coffee if she's nearing the end of her shift or if she has time. If she notices me coming home from work or something, she'll offer me a ride to the post office to pick my stuff up so I don't have to walk. One time I lost my cat and she photocopied my missing cat flyers and put them on the side of every mail box she stopped at. She also likes to hear about lolita fashion and my latest purchases, and for christmas last year she got me a visa debit card for me to buy something cute.

>> No.8555379

>>8555308
Your mail lady must be an angel in disguise. I really hope you give her nice Christmas stuff in return.

>> No.8555385

>>8555308
This is beautiful anon. I love hearing good mail stories

>> No.8555388

>>8544230
Kind of related, but I was bringing in the mail for my neighbors who were away the other day, and they had a package that got delivered that looked like OP's picture, plus one of the corners of the box just ripped off. How the hell do postal workers let things get like that?

>> No.8555761

>order some jacket off ebay
>get email from seller
>we dont have that style available anymore blah blah look at this list of our other products you can order with the money you spent instead
>all shit products, just want the jacket I originally ordered
>email them back, tell them to cancel the order and refund my money
>get emails that jacket is sent, it's going through shipping
>why
>they send a refund days later
>paypal being a shit
>paypal fees me about $2 for god knows what
>lose about $2 already from the refund
>have to wait an additional month for the refund to be confirmed
>why

I know it's only like a $25 jacket, but I'm mad I lost two dollars for something that isn't even my fault, and I'm not even getting the refund until early September.

>> No.8555791

>>8549797
>the mailman was trying to hurl it into the dude's yard because he wasn't home.
Fucking topkek

>> No.8556070
File: 71 KB, 533x594, lolwut[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Wait month for magazines
>Get tons of them today
>Sent two copies of Larme 16...
>The listing said 17
>mfw

>> No.8556133

Not a real horror story buy
>order mori-kei dress from Aliexpress
>finally shipped after waiting for 2 weeks
>chinese tracking now says: Russian Federation,:Unknown attribute
>I do not live in Russia!

>> No.8556134

>>8555308
that made me so unbelievably happy tbh
get her something nice for christmas in return

>> No.8556161

>>8556133
get some pickles and vodka anyway, shit's delicious
>>8544230
Reading all these, I'm so grateful that my harem of postmen is well trained and always right on the minute

>> No.8556180

>>8553929
I do'nt think she's dumb enough to use the bags inside out.

>> No.8556188

>>8545407
I have a PO box just so my packages don't get stolen.

>> No.8556196

>>8544230
Not at all /cgl/ related, but while back ordered a 150lb block of steel. Day its delivered find a huge dent in the side walk, and a hole in a corner of the box.

>> No.8556209
File: 228 KB, 800x533, paczka_2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

It's only half-lolita related, since I usually taobao in bulk, throwing in clothes, doll accessories and crafting supplies.

>there a doll I really want
>notice it's like 1/4th cheaper on their taobao shop than international one
>aww yiss, shopping service orders it
>I add some stuff in the meantime to be shipped as a one big package
>company is taking its sweet time to ship out the doll, like 2 weeks over the specified time
>finally the package is on its way to me
>I jokingly post how I hope they don't drown it now
>after 2 weeks it's in my country
>it's at my post office
>tracking says they left the slip
>the mailman wasn't here at all, no slip either
>go to the office next to ask
>lady says they never attempted to deliver because there's "an issue"
>oh boy
>she tries to make me sign some waivers before I even see the package
>refuse
>only then she begrudingly brings it out
>half of it is a misshapen blob wrapped in thick foil, post tape all over
>smells like mildew, the foil is literally dripping
>oh dear god they DID drown it
>and then meticulously preserved all the moisture with foil
>contents miraculously unharmed
>can't even file a complaint or get insurance back in that case
>guess we all had luck

Here it's already dry, but you can still see its overall state...

>> No.8556216
File: 265 KB, 800x533, paczka_1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8556209
Luckily the clothes and accessories were all packed in plastic bags, so the moisture barely touched them. But the doll came in a cardboard box, which literally fell apart when I tried to get it out. It really bummed me out, since they're always very pretty and I like keeping them.

>> No.8556232

>>8556209
You do realize said doll is probably a recast? Some people don't care, but if she came from there and tons cheaper.....

>> No.8556239

>>8556232
Nope, official shop linked on the int. site. It's a chinese company so it makes sense they'd be on TB. Plus, if it were a recast then
a) the wet pieces wouldn't resemble the company box
b) the price difference would be much bigger
c) my SS wouldn't order as it refuses any possible knock-offs and bootlegs

>> No.8556252

>>8556239
Oh, okay which company is it? I didn't know of any official ones on taobao. Poor dolly at least made it home, might want to unstring them to dry out or clean up.

>> No.8556289

>>8556252
It's IslandDoll, but I definitely seen other CN companies with shops/dealers on TB. Though yeah, still better to check thoroughly.

>> No.8556775

>>8553855

the "so I would gave them away to me. Northern Ireland as fuck.

>> No.8556780

>>8556161
Russia is very salty against our country at the moment. They won't allow it. Also not sure if I will ever recieve this package

>> No.8556814

>>8551608
Haha 12/8 vs 8/12

>> No.8556822

>>8545407
What? Who the fuck just steals random people's packages?

>> No.8557503

>>8556822
Happens around Christmas a lot, or if you live near junkies. They figure if you're ordering stuff online, especially big boxes, it might be worth money and they can sell it.

>> No.8557513

>>8551307
Boxes from usps are free, aren't they? C'mon now

>> No.8557519

>>8557503
My friend's junkie neighbors once stole a box of garbage he set down for a minute when he went back inside to get more garbage to take to the dumpster.

>> No.8557540

>order boots for cosplay
>super excited
>no tracking
>okay, not uncommon from china
>get package
>it's gotta be my boots
>open package
>weird plastic heeled ankle boots
>message seller
>'anon, you got someone else's order and they have yours. You need to mail it to them.'
I'm not mailing it to them if they don't mail it to me. I don't have any other options though, I need these boots immediately for a con.
>haven't heard back from seller
I'm fucked

>> No.8557573

To everyone worried about the port explosions in China:

Chances are this will not affect your packages save for possible delays. I work for a logistics company that has regular traffic in and out of that port, and it does not deal with air freight. Most of what was lost/damaged was hazardous materials and car parts. Also, most of your packages will not be mailed by boat, since those voyages often take a month by themselves. Your shit should be going by air, seagulls, so don't worry your pretty little heads.

>> No.8557839

>>8556775
People say that in Ireland too. Just sayin'.

>> No.8557842

>>8556775
>>8553855
Dublin actually.

>> No.8557956

>>8556209

I had a box arrive like that, too, but from Korea. My PO taped it all up and made sure to tell me they received it like that. I want to blame customs but there's no customs tape or anything on it that suggests they opened it either.

The saddest thing about it is that the company sent freebie Rocky snacks, the water got into them and there was chocolate liquid all over everything. Thankfully all the lolita clothes (and shoes) were safely packed in individual plastic, so they were all protected from the liquid chocolate mush.

>> No.8558045

>>8556196
...Why the fuck were you ordering a 150lb block of steel? That's heavier than I am. How much did shipping cost?

>> No.8558367

i am so fucking angry about this right now

>finds dream dress, pay $$$$$ for it
>ems order ships like normal
>flies across the ocean in 1 day wooop
>processes through customs and sorted in two days
>out for delivery by day 4
>notice left because no one can receive package... but i've been home all day? okay.jpg
>checks mailbox, no notice.
>checks tracking: sorting complete at 4am and notice left at 5am, before the postal routes even start
>wtf
>ask post office about this
>nope.jpg
>notice mysteriously appears in mailbox 3 days later, on a SUNDAY when post is closed
>return to post office on monday with notice
>nope.jpg
>try to reschedule delivery online
>"packages not claimed by monday will be returned to sender"
>wtf that's less than 1 business day
>contact post office about problem
>"lol idk anon"
>still no package at the post office

2 weeks have passed since then
>post office still doesn't have package
>post office still has no idea whats going on
>tfw wasted 15+ work hours chasing around these people over the last two weeks with NO information
>tfw every time i call i'm put on hold for 1hr+ and then disconnected

fucking USPS can eat a dick. i am at my wit's end, i'm going to assume they lost my package somehow and i just wasted all this time for nothing.

>> No.8558391
File: 249 KB, 939x533, my shit went to italy.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8549747
If it does something crazy like go to Italy pray and wait 3 months like I did. USPS and Mr. Yan will do nothing to help you.

>> No.8558464

>>8558391
Thankfully I got my order a few days later. Sorry to hear about your orders vacation though.

>> No.8558486

>>8558367
pretty much
USPS has horrible conflict resolution
they'll make an investigation but it only goes so far

>> No.8558494

>>8558367
Can you contact the sender and let them know, in case it gets sent back?

>> No.8558518

oh i have a couple
>large order, like 4 or 5 things i really wanted
>shipped from the US, shouldnt be a big deal
>lived in apartment complex at the time so if you werent home the package would go to the management office
>delivery date, package is nowhere to be seen
>status: delivered in morning
>awesome
>go to management office to see if they have it bc UPS never leaves notes on the door
>"no we dont have it"
>contact UPS
>they said they delivered it to the management office
>next day
>delivered status changes to delivered at 8pm to management office
>what the fuck, theyre not even open that late thats impossible
>contact UPS again and the management office
>after two months of back and forth my package was declared lost
>management office gave me a gift card as a sorry present
>still wanna know which neighbor ran off with my damn package
then i moved
>ordered shirt online in early november
>coming from china
>first experience with overseas shipping but figure itll work out because i ordered through amazon
>nope
>its after january 1st
>package still says its in china
>contact seller, they say it got delayed due to christmas
>"yes i understand holidays and such but i ordered this like november 2nd to avoid that issue"
>filed a claim with amazon
>package mysteriously shows up a week later on doorstep, box is dented and ripped up
>still got my shirt though
the most recent time i ordered from overseas i paid an extra $20 for express shipping because i never wanna deal with that shit again

>> No.8559120

>>8544230
I ordered from Bowkuma last year (bad move, I know) when I knew nothing about Taobao and the glory of SS.

>makes order for a few bows with my birthday money that I was so goddamn pumped for
>look at reviews
>they're all great! let's do it!
>makes an order for $27 worth of cute fucking bows
>pay for shipping and all that jazz
>order says shipped
>since it said shipped and i was a stupid motherfucker, i wait a bit
>month later
>never got it
>a year now
>messaged seller numerous times; got paypal / storenvy to shut them down
>and they STILL can't respond to my emails.

Just beautiful. Fuck Storenvy.

>> No.8559358

>>8558391

>filename
my fucking sides

>> No.8559391

>>8558367
This shit happened to me once, I kept getting missed delivery slips but the post office never had my box. I made them call the next 2 closest offices but they both denied seeing my box so I drove to fucking both of them and asked for them to ACTUALLY GO LOOK before telling me "oh the tracking says it's at your local office go back there again and ask them again". The post office a town over had it the whole time.
I don't know how the fuck a local mailman put a missed delivery slip on my door then sent my package a town away 3 times. Or maybe they just kept lying and scanning it as if it was in my town? No one ever explained anything but I got my fucking fig in the end.

>> No.8559569

I sent pics of my Identity card and passport to tenso and they say they can't confirm my identity even though the informations are the same than on my account. Why is that so ? I have a package waiting to be shipped..

>> No.8559789

>>8550480
I had a USPS postal worker leave a "missed package" slip at my door before. The first time I wasn't home so I went online and rescheduled a redelivery which was advertised to be the next delivery day but ended up being a few days later. I wasn't home the second time but my roommate was and he said he didn't hear the doorbell ring. The post office is pretty close but it was still annoying to have a postal worker just claim they couldn't deliver the package when someone was home to accept it.

>> No.8559797

>>8559120
What happened to them? Did they just vanish? I have a bunch of their bows and I really like them so that sucks to hear.

>> No.8560312

>>8544506
If you're shipping anything in a box to another country PLEASE put a few layers of cardboard on top and underneath your wrapped items. Customs workers can carelessly slash through boxes with box cutters and damage materials inside. It happened with a package Cadney sent quite awhile ago. The customs worker slashed through the front of a dress.

>> No.8560377

>>8559391
There's two zipcodes in my town and someone accidentally put the wrong zipcode on my package but for the right town and it kept showing out for delivery with the wrong zipcode and I never got it so I went up there and asked and they said they didn't have it. My mail lady was actually back at the post office for the day and personally told me that there were no packages delivered on my street. But they said they'd look for it. So we kept going back and forth for a couple weeks until I finally got sick of it and called the USPS and they forced the head person to look for my stuff and fucking found it in one day.

>> No.8560457

My coworkers/friends pitched in to get my a birthday present and they bought one of those cute fuji film instant cameras, well the box came in with a dent on the side, but they never thought much of it. When I turned it on it was clearly busted as it kept shooting out images and taking pictures by itself. The girl who ordered it is going to send it back to get a replacement, it kinda sucks because they feel so bad for giving my a broken gift. I'm not too bothered and am trying to tell them it's ok and I will pay for return shipping so that they don't go over budget (our gift giving budget is like 30$ per person).

>> No.8560579

Anons, help! >>8544516 here. My tracking info updated and my package is all the way across the country with an expected delivery date of tomorrow. It looks like they're going to deliver it to the wrong address. What do I do?

>> No.8560825

>>8560579
Now they're trying to deliver it to someone in Georgia. I'm screwed.

>> No.8561831

>>8559797
Yeah they just vanished, she said she shipped it and then...nothing. I was so excited too.

>> No.8561887

>go to check mailbox, not expecting anything
>find 3 missed delivery slips for the same item, one says final notice
>checked mail 3 days before and there was nothing. also really don't remember ordering anything????
>go to post office, get package, it's from China
>trying to remember if I ordered anything from ebay or taobao and forgot, can't think of anything
>open package
>its a cosplay outfit I sure as hell didn't order, I don't cosplay
>don't even know what character it is - giant witch hat, sleeveless dress, long detachable sleeves
>confused
>ask boyfriend, friends and anyone that would know my mailing address about it ( very few people)
>nobody send it
>but package was addressed to me with my name on it
>???????????

>> No.8561900

>>8561887
Did you check your eBay purchase history? I've heard of people getting high and ordering weird shit on Amazon.

>> No.8561937

>>8561900
yes and paypal and credit history. nothing.

>> No.8561948

>>8561937
Hm, the only other explanation I can think of is having a wishlist and someone bought it for you, but you'd had to have put it there in the first place.

Post it in the Help thread so you can at least identify the cosplay and sell it, I guess..? Or return it to the seller's address.

>> No.8561990

>>8558045
Ordered the block for battlebots weapon :P. Shipping also wasn't too bad, I think about 40 bucks.

>> No.8562002

>>8550163
>boken
>http://bokenessentials.com
A broken boken would make a big stink.

>> No.8563182
File: 68 KB, 1522x302, Screen Shot 2015-08-18 at 3.31.29 PM.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

From an eva review on amazon..

>> No.8563194

>>8563182
That's my biggest fear in life. I often order dolls online and I'm worried one day I open a box and there're insects in my dolls. I hate insects more than anything.

>> No.8563200

>>8561887
I know you said you don't cosplay, but have you ever ordered anything at all from a seller or store that sells cosplay items? maybe a lolita item from an ebay seller or something? I'm thinking maybe a seller fucked up and sent it to the wrong address.

>> No.8563504
File: 578 KB, 332x250, pterodactyl.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Been using eBay to get rid of unwanted stuff for a few years now, always goes well
>Sent a couple of comics to a buyer last week
>They sent me a message this morning
>"Hey the package was torn open and the comics weren't in it"
>mfw

I'm so lucky they were chill and asked for a refund instead of slapping negative feedback on my account and chewing me out. I'm always suspicious of scammers but I only had to refund a few bucks. But now I'm thinking, would a mail carrier still deliver the empty envelope to someone's mailbox...?

>> No.8563508

>>8563504
They would. I mailed a friend some buttons I had made and the envelope was ripped open and the buttons were missing.

>> No.8563614

>>8560457
It's not broken anon, it's /x/

>> No.8563684

>>8563200
This might have been the case anon, the same thing happened to me a while ago (getting something in the mail I did not order, in my case a pair of shoes which magically were in my size too) and this was during a time in which I ordered via ebay very often so it is possible that a seller made a mistake. Enjoy your free crap.

>> No.8563691

>>8563504
Maybe you should investigate? I'm sure if they were packed well they wouldn't just disappear

>> No.8563709

>>8563691
I imagine if I called up all the post offices in the tracking data, nobody would know/admit to it. If it were opened by an employee to check contents, it should've been re-sealed with USPS-labeled tape.

Unless you mean investigate the buyer, which I would, but I don't know how they can prove something isn't there or if they'd just rip up the packaging themselves to take a pic.

Which reminds me of another crappy eBay experience:

>brand new jacket I only wore once, still blindingly white and clean
>wrapped in one of those plastic bags a real business packs clothes in
>then sealed in a big mailing envelope
>get straight up negative feedback for how "dirty" it is
>ask buyer for proof pictures
>never heard from again

At least it was over a year ago and doesn't show up in my feedback anymore. I still wonder if it got dirty in the shipping process or if they just wanted my money. They didn't get a refund.

>> No.8563714

>>8550677
same boat anon, except I'm in Canada.I opened a dispute but alas, no reply. Not really shocked though. Just hoping it gets here eventually.

>> No.8563739

>>8544230
>order bb cream
>get a phone holder for on the bike
O-okay

>> No.8563782

>order cute belt from ebay
>receive a wallet
>I-UH what?
Well, I needed a new wallet anyway and it is cute so oh well

>> No.8563942

This isn't really a horror story but the last 2 posts reminded me of it

>order 2 hair ties and a hoodie from a chinese ebay shop
>package arrives a few weeks later
>it's 2 hair ties
>oh okay they must have just shipped the items separately, not the first time that's happened
>receive another package from the same seller almost two weeks later
>this is way too small to be my hoodie
>open package
>it's 2 more hair ties

>> No.8563943

>>8560825
>>8560579
You can call your local mail service when the status says the package arrived its destination.

>>8556822
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HOoViwcUAM
Always try to set your deliveries to "signature required" if you are afraid of niggas stealing your stuff.

>> No.8564371

>>8549934
I shipped some items to Europe and USA from Russia and it took to arrive from 2 to 4 weeks, and once it took 2 months to ship it to Brasil, so I guess you can't really tell how long exactly it would take

>> No.8564383
File: 79 KB, 720x483, harmless.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>live in Australia
It's a mail horror story in itself.

>> No.8564389

>>8564383
I reckon we're all right with postage, except saying that I had a postie "attempt" delivery at fucking 9pm for some unknown reason. And then tried the next day at 6pm but rocked up at 7pm instead. Other than that, my postie has been good and hides my packages for me.

>> No.8564441

>>8563942
my sides. oh god

>> No.8564455
File: 55 KB, 188x177, 1366608122349.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8556209
>and then meticulously preserved all the moisture with foil

For some reason this line is absolutely murdering my sides!

>> No.8564532
File: 21 KB, 715x423, trainderailment.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8549797

Oh my god, there's another one floating around?

>> No.8564541

an EU anon here, I remember one time I was so eager for my figure I paid for EMS shipping and then ended up not only paying more for the EMS shipping, but also paying import fees because EMS packages always get checked apparently. Really though, paying 24 euro in fees over a 38 euro package felt like such a ripoff

I guess I'll just sadly wait forever for all my packages from now on.

>> No.8564542
File: 148 KB, 640x360, 17.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8564532
Oh dear anon, there's way more then just those two

>> No.8564569

>>8564541
That's why you only order figures through sites that are willing to write down a lower value on the package Anon.

>> No.8564573

>>8564569
I was young(er) and stupid but now I've become wiser.

Just wish I could order shit online without having to worry about either marking things as a gift/lowering the value or if they don't do either, if I"m going to get hit with fees.

>> No.8564742
File: 429 KB, 675x457, shoujocry.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>live in good neighborhood, have great postal worker
>move to ghetto neighborhood, get to know new postal worker
>order a lot of packages for online store
>expecting a wig in the mail
>outside it's pouring down rain
>hear banging on the back door
>go and check
>postal worker is there with huge bag
>not sure what this is but thank you dude for braving the rain for me!
>open package, spot my wig
>why is one wig this heavy in a bag this big?
>dump put bag
>five identical wigs inside
>pile of shipping labels fall out
>names and addresses are all from UK
>I'm in southern USA, no where near UK
>Chinese worker just said fuck it and sent wigs to me for me to ship to people???

I ended up not saying anything to the seller about it because I really thought they'd either make me ship all the wigs back, charge for the extra wigs, or ask me to ship extra wigs to the UK customers. Sorry UK wig buyers..

>waiting for Bodyline package
>know I gotta sign for it, new postal worker is really nice especially after past wig incident
>keep waiting and waiting
>no knock on the door or anything
>go check the mail
>find 'Sorry we missed you!' slip
>son of a bitch I was home the whole day, did he even get out of his mail truck?
>feel betrayed by mail bro
>reschedule delivery for next day
>wait with the door open, see postal worker coming
>walk outside to get my package
>he hands me some letters and shuts the door
>"Uhh.. where's my package?"
>what package?
>tell him about the missed mail slip, worker says he was off yesterday and no one told him about a package that needed to be redelivered
>makes me go get the slip they left me
>says he'll find it and bring it tomorrow
>hours later a car pulls up in the driveway
>postal worker gets out, Bodyline box in hand
>"Hey anon I found your package so I thought I'd bring it to you on my way home."
>you rock postal bro but you didn't have to go out of your way
>"Oh, I live just three houses away, no big deal. See you tomorrow!"

>> No.8564860

>>8564742
>Chinese worker just said fuck it and sent wigs to me for me to ship to people???

I'm dying right now anon

>> No.8564879
File: 607 KB, 2448x1836, wHu7ZdG.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8564860
Seriously, that's the only explanation I could think of. Someone hated their job that much that they just tossed five orders of wigs into one bag, tossed in the stack of printed out address labels with it and went "Let the foreign bitch deal with it, I want my lunch break."

>> No.8564942

>>8564879
>speed limit is 4.5
Wow, Sparta is a fucking buzzkill.

>> No.8564946

>>8564942
I can't tell if you're just kidding around or not, but I think that's just a bolt for the sign, not a decimal point.

>> No.8564967
File: 872 KB, 500x180, tumblr_md40u5bPZD1rhfc5lo6_r1_500.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8564942
>>8564946

>> No.8565169

>>8549811

I bought my dream dress from a Russian seller and it arrived in 2 weeks. Came in a box, was wrapped inside in lace. 10/10 would buy from again.

Just depends on the individual seller, not the country.

>> No.8565173

>>8564879
my phone keeps thinking I'm in Sparta. I live in northern california

>> No.8565175

This may turn into a horror story
>place large-ish bodyline order on the 15th of July, hope it arrives by the 17th of August
>package has been stuck at ISC New York since August 10th with no updates
Did customs seize my package? I just want my eyelashes...

>> No.8565179
File: 369 KB, 1071x958, 2015-08-19 13.31.59.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cwKd-5kFkes

>> No.8565185

>>8565175
Call USPS and hit 0 until you get a real person and talk to them about it. I had to do that with a package of mine that was trapped in ISC and they tracked it down, told me they had no idea why it was still in ISC and they sent it out the next day.

>> No.8565189

>>8565179
>Milanoo
Well there's your problem.

>> No.8565191
File: 1.94 MB, 406x226, Roof_pizza.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8545300
I didn't know Walter White was a mailman

>> No.8565498

>>8556232
Bruh plenty of Chinese doll shops mark up on their international sites.

>> No.8565545

>>8565169
Nope, it's definitely Russia. Like, Russia having a slow-ass mail system is a thing. Look it up, there's long articles written about this shit. My last two parcels from Russia took almost 4 weeks and for the second one, 1.5 months to get to me. The last one I was worried was going to be stuck there for even longer since I think the reason it took so long was because it was clogged up in the holiday mail even though it was after christmas.

>> No.8565550

>>8551918
I agree with you on that one but it might not have even been worth it - tons of mail men don't even bring the package, they just keep it at the post office and leave the slip at your house and put no effort in attempting to deliver. Mine did it to me for a while.

>> No.8565619

>>8565179
what is supposed the item looks like?

>> No.8565732

>>8565619
She ordered a pair of boots.

>> No.8565745

>>8564542

Amazing.

>> No.8565746

>>8565175

Huh. I got a package from Japan shipped out to me on July 29th- hit ISC New York on August 10th as well and haven't seen an update since.

>> No.8565898

Long fucking post, seagulls. Sorry.

>>8558367
when it comes to USPS, you gotta just show up at the fucking post office for as many days as necessary and as relevant. Don't be rude, but be there. No other method of communication has worked for me with them, and I've been shipping/receiving 300+ packages a day as part of a small business and muuuch less personally as a shopaholic for many years in a medium-large city.

>>8559789
sounds like they knocked and nobody answered because your roomie missed it.

>>8559391
Sounds like the zip code may have been off by one. fucking. number. Or you have a zipcode that's on the fucking edge between post offices. Something really weird had to have happened.

>>8560579
You're screwed. Make sure you put the right address in your order and email the seller with the exact address you provided in the order. It's the seller's job to deal with shipping guys imo.

>>8563504
Supposing you're using USPS, they would, no question. Although most empty packages get as close as they can to the destination and then go to your regional distribution center. The empty package then travels back to you in postal stationery. Or the empty package just travels back to you. Or it comes in a plastic bag that has a print of "We're Sorry."

>>8564742
Mailworkers around me switch routes fairly often to cover for people on their days off or to cover weird fucking routes (My home and one other are the only houses on a city block which is mostly a park). Makes for good confusion and good excuses.

>>8564879
judging from my job someone real tired/hungover accidentally mashed them all together because they weren't fucking looking, just filling packages.

>> No.8566143
File: 47 KB, 535x611, Screenshot_3.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Wtf is going on with my package?! It's coming from Poland, and I live in Florida. It never even went near my city, so why is it now in Germany?!

>> No.8566148

>>8566143
My guess is when it got to Florida, somebody missorted the package into "outgoing" mail and it's possibly going back to Poland? If it doesn't go back to Poland someone might notice the package is supposed to be going to America and will re-direct it back? You might want to get in contact with the seller though to figure out some sort of contingency plan in case the worst case scenario happens.

>> No.8566150

>>8565898
I checked and I put my address down correctly. They didn't deliver it (it said "undeliverable as addressed"). I called USPS about it and gave them all the info I had on hand, so now they're supposedly looking for it. I guess I'll either hear from them or it'll be returned to China.

>> No.8566161

>>8566148
I just sent them an email, and I'll be calling USPS sometime this afternoon. Ugh. I need it by the first weekend of September. I ordered this shit on August 5th.

>> No.8566199
File: 89 KB, 368x248, 1379636263682.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Arrival at Beijing inward office of exchange Anon here, that package miraculously showed up on my doorstep yesterday but the tracking still says it's in Beijing. Good job China.

I have another mail story, this ones more than just a screencap. Not really "horror" but my inital reaction was very WTF

>live in australia, con is 3 weeks away
>need to get miku wig since i sold my old one last year thinking i would never cosplay her again
>who was i kidding im a fucking weeaboo
>go to moemalls physical store, they're going under and have like 2 wigs in stock
>neither of which are miku
>ok
>find australian wig website, they have a miku wig
>its curly but i can deal with that just as long as i'll have it soon
>buy it on tuesday with express shipping
>shipped yesterday
>arrives today
>get package off my post lady, it seems far too flat for a wig to be in there
>open envelope, base wig flatpacked in there, no sign of the pigtails
>they forgot to put most of my wig in the package
>what the fuck

I checked the invoice they sent me and it had the Miku wig on it and I checked the website to make sure that the clips ARE included and I didn't just spend $60 on a base wig, I sent an email and it turns out their packer is sick and an intern is doing all the packing at the moment and must have not realised the wig has seperate parts.

Can't really complain too much though since the owner of the company was really apologetic and is sending me the ponytails free of charge. Also it's honestly the best quality wig I've ever owned

>> No.8566629

>>8565746
maybe there was a train derailment

>> No.8566688

>>8556133
For some reason Aliexpress is really popular in Russia. Maybe some Chinese postal worker was like "America, Russia, same thing whatever lol"
>>8565175
Good news. It's finally moved on to a sorting facility in Maryland and I live in northern Virginia. Horror story avoided

>> No.8566735
File: 16 KB, 659x158, fuck.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8563714
okay so I've been tracking this through Canada Post for a month. No updates. I check today and get this. What the fuck? What does this mean?

>> No.8566775
File: 80 KB, 331x487, 1241651716554.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Order dragon dildo
>Open the door for the delivery man in a cute lolita outfit because I was getting ready to meet up with some friends
>He has a slight s irk on his face as he asks me to sign
>close the door and take package to my room
>A portion of the box looking like it got caught on a nail or something and pulled
>Has a pretty huge window large enough to see the picture on the box and make out what it is
>Box is perfectly fine aside from that, but bright colors behind the stale brown cardboard really stand out

Fuck
My
Life.

>> No.8566777

>>8566775
I thought he was smirking because he thought my outfit was cute, too...

>> No.8566791

>>8566735
Tracking numbers from some countries aren't supported by Canada post. Either that or you have the wrong number.

>> No.8566796

>>8566775
>>8566777

Pretty fucking funny tbh.

Why are you ordering dragon dildos anyways? Regular ones not good enough for you?

>> No.8566802

>>8566791
It's been working for a month, suddenly this morning it stopped. 17track can't find it either

>> No.8566803

>>8566796
Why wouldn't you be ordering dragon dildos?

>> No.8566812

>>8566796
What >>8566803 said. Stick one of those on your fireplace mantle and invite some family over and let them coo over your expensive piece of modern art.

>> No.8566956
File: 116 KB, 372x375, 1247469716789.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8566796
Honestly, I wanted to see how it felt with all the weird grooves and bumps...

>> No.8566963

unrelated but related
my dad is a USPS carrier and takes a lot of pride in his job and does his best for his customers, although he delivers to mostly businesses.
he often bad mouths the UPS guys he sees to me because "THEY JUST DONT CARE ENOUGH ABOUT THE MAIL, ANON."
my dad should deliver everyone's mail.

>> No.8567094
File: 15 KB, 290x174, 1408924404007.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8566775
>wants a dragon dildo
>worried the same thing will happen to me
I hope the contents of the package made up for the embarrassment.

>> No.8567098

I swear some postal workers don't even bother to get out of the truck if you have mail to sign for along with other letters. They just automatically leave a slip.
Also the zip code in my area changed recently and a pair of shoes I ordered where in the town over but the lady still brought them to me and I called out a big thank you as she was walking away.

>> No.8567113

>>8566956
Which one?

>> No.8567116

>>8566963
Your dad sounds like a wonderful person. I hope all his recipients appreciate his dedication to the mail.

>> No.8567118

>>8566963
My UPS guy is a total bro.

He's a tiny asian man and my mom says he wears clown shoes. He's super fucking nice and will just ring the bell and then leave packages there if he knows there are cars in the driveway.

Our regular mail carrier is a nice girl too, but shes a chatty cathy.

>> No.8567120

>>8567098
That's how it is in my city. I've been home all day, had the door and windows open, making it obvious that I'm home. I'll hear the mailman and wait for my package to be walked up to the door and it never comes, but inside my mailbox is a slip that I wasn't home. Fucking USPS.

>> No.8567127

>>8567120
>>8567098
I guess Canada post cares a little more then your average USPS... maybe their just dumber.

>Order a 13 inch CRT TV off eBay
>She hauls it up the front steps (split level)
>Doens't even know if I'm home
Of course I'm taking a dump at the time.

I swear to god the mail always comes the second you go to drop a deuce. You could wait literally all day at the door but the second you go to the bathroom the doorbell rings. But anyways.
>Unleash the floodgates and quickly wash my hands
>Literally sprint to the door
>Shes left a slip and is about to carry the damn thing back to her truck

I felt kinda bad. I would've gotten it off the truck for her since shes like 5'3 and even though its not the heaviest thing, its obviously a really heavy package.

She was happy she didn't have to carry it back though.

>> No.8567128

>>8565545

I meant that the packaging depends on the individual. It's a bit presumptuous to write off whole countries like that.

I understand Russian post is slow as fuck.

>> No.8567140

>>8565179
wow she got the wrong order and she's acting like it's the worst thing in the world
it's milanoo, I was it expecting a lace monster down to the floor

>> No.8567149

>>8567128
Da,
Mail always go through tovarische.

>> No.8567151

>>8567120
>>8567127
nah, man this shit happens to me too and I'm in canada
like, fuck ring the bell douchebag

>> No.8567350
File: 905 KB, 2560x1440, 20150820_154950.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Not sure if this counts, but I received a package from innocent world today. Everything went fine, it was delivered while I was at work so my roommate signed for it. She left it on my bed in our room with her dog out, and he tore into it and pulled the skirt of the dress out. Luckily it was okay. Her dog already ate my gold shoes before, she really doesn't watch over him at all and doesn't seem to care when he gets into my stuff. Her whole reaction to the event was, "well he didn't rip anything, so it's not a big deal"

>> No.8567422

>>8567350
Did you make her pay for your gold shoes??? Fuck that man. I had a roommate's dog chew up a pair of shoes once that were discontinued [not lolita related] and made him pay for them.

Next time shit happens make her pay for it.

>> No.8567436

>bf's family has our house listed as the address for family business
>all certified mail is delivered to us
>also obv all my mail comes here too
>am getting ready for lolita meetup
>doorbell rings
>check peephole and see mail lady
>did i order something?
>open door
>she is understandably confused as i am a cupcake with only one eyelash on and wearing mens flipflops
>"er, uh, is this yours?"
>giant package with business name on it
>i have to show id and sign a form
>she gives me weird look as she drives off
>have to call bf and let him know the new rifles arrived and also that our mail lady thinks I am forming a frilly milita

>> No.8567888

>>8567436
This is the best story I've read all day. That poor mail lady.

>> No.8567972

>>8563942
this made tears come from my eyes holy shit. did you ever get the hoodie?

>> No.8568019

>>8559120
Happened to me too. Left negative feedback and magically got my bows four days later. Fuck em. Cute bows acquired.

>> No.8568095

>>8567422
Yea, I made her pay. Shipping was crazy expensive though, and that came out of my own pocket.

>> No.8568513
File: 586 KB, 1420x1822, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

There's a horror story attached to almost everything I've bought this year.

I had to wait weeks after everyone else to receive my first order from brand. Got a customs letter three days after the package was due and two days before I went away for a two weeks. They usually deliver the day after you pay so I paid immediately hoping it would arrive before I left. Of course it didn't, with Parcelforce recording an attempted delivery despite me being home the whole time. I organized a redelivery so it would arrive at my boyfriend's parents' before we went onward to a national park. I didn't receive confirmation after 3 days and tracking said 'awaiting delivery instruction' so paid £5.50 to get the package delivered there instead, though I was knew the trip to the delivery office would be really long if I missed the doorbell. Again nothing happened after 3 days, so I decided to just get it delivered to my home address and wait.

A week later, I got home and the package wasn't there. Checked tracking and it said the recipient was advised to pick up the parcel. So I rush to the post office I always before it closes and they don't have it. Wasted bus fare. I phoned around until someone at Parcelforce told me the package was at a random off license that also served as a delivery office. SO I get my ass down there the next day and the guy behind the counter tells me they do not do ParcelForce items.

>There is a ParcelForce sticker next to his fucking head

He checks my tracking number then tells me again, they do not have my package

NO FUCKING WAY IS MY SKIRT GETTING RETURNED TO SENDER AFTER THE CUSTOMS I PAID FOR IT

This time I get my phone out and manage to look up the tracking with 3% battery on my phone and show him the screen. He looks at it, puzzled, goes around the back and 5-10 minutes later he emerges with my motherfucking Meta skirt

I'm usually very bad at being persistent with complaints and stuff so I'm glad I didn't let him turn me away

>> No.8568589

> Waiting for a taobao package
> Arrived the 8th in the country, still not delivered the 12th as I'm going in vacation for four days on this day
> They could have delivered it, but that's fine, I'll just have it when I'll be back
> I'm back, no package (because I needed to be here and sign a paper) and a delivery notice that's not telling me exactly were to have my package
> Must be at the local postoffice, go there
> "We don't have our package anon"
> wat.jpg
> "The delivery man will maybe come tomorrow to you house"
> I'm sure he'll not, but if you say so
> Next day, no package, going back to the post office
> "We still don't have it, you should call the sorting center"
> Overly rude woman answers and says she doesn't have it, I should look back to my post office
> ok den
> "I'll call them myself anon, and they'll get your package"
> I love you postoffice lady
> Next day, she calls me to tell me they definitely don't have it, and I should call to ask for an investigation
> I still don't know how they lost a package that's obviously somewhere in the town but ok
> Investigation requested, I'll have news the next days
> Today, the rude lady calls me again to tell she was in charge of the investigation (fucking great) and to ask me if I'm sure I don't have the package myself without having signed the paper ?
> Why the fuck would I lie about it you bitch, I'm not going through this fucking hassle for nothing
> Tells me the investigation "has started really bad" and we hung up
> Thank you reassuring me, really

Aaaand I don't know what to do and it's even more frustrating when you KNOW it's in the town, and you could have it if they'd have delivered it the day before.

>> No.8568608

>>8567120
> I'll hear the mailman and wait for my package to be walked up to the door and it never comes, but inside my mailbox is a slip that I wasn't home.
Same thing used to happen to me all the time. That's why I now open the front door the minute I hear the delivery van pull over. I get funny looks but if it forces them to get my package out of the truck it's worth it.

>> No.8568625

>>8568513
Christ, Anon. I would've hulked someone. I'm glad you stuck it through and got your dress!

>> No.8568641

>>8568608
Most of the time the carrier just doesn't have the package with them because they don't want to carry it with them throughout the day, or have it take up space in their truck.

>> No.8568653

i'm the anon who was complaining about a package being stuck at ISC new york earlier in the thread and in a few other threads
>get a text this morning from usps that the package is finally at the local post office
>have to go to ikea today to get college stuff and then straight to my annual physical
>i live in the middle of buttfuck nowhere in the woods and the nearest ikea is way out there
>no one will be home to sign for the package from now until almost 5
>the post office closes at 5
>mfw realizing there's almost no way for me to get my package today
>i've been waiting since july 15th for it

>> No.8568917

>>8568653
>buying furniture at ikea

>> No.8568929

>>8568917
Their stuff is really nice, I'm not that anon, but we have a lot of furniture from IKEA, no problems at all with anything

>> No.8568932

>>8568917
What's wrong with IKEA? Where do you buy yours, the Buckingham Palace?

>> No.8568934
File: 162 KB, 1688x518, 1418714005580.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8568917
>buying new furniture anywhere else

>> No.8569258

>>8568653
Update: the package has arrived! But when I opened it, some crumbs and a dead ant felt out. Some bodyline warehouse worker somewhere was eating their lunch when they were packaging my order maybe?

>> No.8569287
File: 11 KB, 199x200, moshimoshi.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8568917
Y'all should be ashamed of yourselves
>>8568929
>>8568932
>>8568934

>> No.8569300

Not mine, a friend
>Waiting a white short wig
>Arrive a package
>Open it
>It's a blonde long wig
>Be mad
>Looking the package
>Has sending in 2013
> what.jpg
>Remember in 2013 buy a blonde wig but never arrive
>A lot of laughs

>> No.8569328

>>8569300
I can't stop laughing
At least you got it

>> No.8569354

>>8564742
That postman is a saint.

>> No.8569954

>>8566775
i laughed too hard. sorry anon. i hope you enjoy your dragon dildo.

>> No.8570016

>>8567972
Yeah haha, it had apparently gotten lost in the mail so I asked them to resend and it showed up that time. Never mentioned the extra package...

>> No.8570030

I moved from a small town with the sweetest, most competent mail people to a town with the laziest, stupidest fuckers I've ever had to deal with. Every package is a horror story now. When I go to pick up my missed deliveries (which is every package) at the post office which is now 35 minutes out of my way, I always have to argue with the attendants because they tell me they don't have it. So far every time this has happened my packages have been on the shelf directly behind them. They give me shit when I don't have delivery slips too but that's only because I never get them. "How do you know you missed the delivery then?" BITCH I HAVE THE TRACKING NUMBER. Then they type the number in wrong and tell me it's invalid.
I'm thinking about getting a PO box back with the sweeties.

>> No.8570615

>>8567436
>frilly milita
I want to join this

>> No.8570628

>>8568608
If I have nothing to do on delivery day I'll sit and play my ds where I can see the street and when he approaches walk out on my porch. Then he can't skip getting out. I should probably tip my mail persons this Christmas for all the shit I put them through.

>> No.8570745

>>8570615
I'd like a Saints Row style game but everyone is a lolita. Lolita gangs. Maybe each one is a different substyle

>> No.8571830

ugh..... Spent like $300+ on a y!ja haul plus $100 or so on shipping. Package got delivered while I was gone on a cruise (12th) and the return to seller date is already past (17th). Just checked the tracking today and I'm so upset. Still out of town, So I'll try calling USPS Monday. Is there any hope for me gulls? It's definitely my fault for not checking sooner but still...

>> No.8571865

>>8570628
Each christmas I take a box of chocolates or cakes to the local dispatch centre with a little note saying thanks for looking after our packages from everyone at insert-address-here. Our postie is such a nice guy and so are the ladies at the counter.

>> No.8574053

>>8570745
need that "you came to the wrong neighborhood' goth meetup pic

>select donuts
>two of the same pic

>> No.8574728

>Order cosplay supplies for upcoming con in three weeks.
>US seller only ships first class. Fine, whatever.
>Estimated delivery last friday. Package being tracked and scanned as per normal
>On thursday it leaves the dispatch center right before my local post office
>Stops moving. No package Fri, Sat, or Mon
>Need these stupid things within a week

What do I do, seagulls? The post office hasn't let me open a dispute about first class mail in the past, but I'm wondering if I should talk to the etsy seller I bought the item from. I don't want two of these things in case the package eventually makes it to me post-con, but I also don't want to wait around a week until it's too late to order a new one. Has anyone been in this situation?

>> No.8574787

>>8574728
I would definitely call your postal service about it. It's not the seller's fault if it got that close to you and then stopped completely. Your postal service probably misplaced it and you really ought to make some calls to them to see if they can locate it, especially if it's past First Class arrival time.

Just please don't take it out on the seller. As a fellow seller, this is pretty much our nightmare right here because we definitely don't want to deal with angry customers threatening bad reviews or even demanding refunds (not saying you're either of course!) over something that we have no control over.

>> No.8574798

>>8574787
It's obviously not the seller's fault, I know that, and I'm willing to pay for a few item from her in the meantime. I was more wondering if it was worth it to ask if she would take the original item back as a return if it ever ends up making its way here.

I'm calling the post office today but I'm not holding out much hope. This exact situation happened to me before, and the three times I called they swore up and down that they delivered the item and I should check around the complex. Three weeks later and way after I needed it, my package was delivered without a word. I really dislike when sellers send things first class mail - it's well worth the few extra bucks IMO to ship priority.

>> No.8574802

>>8563739
did the description actually say "for on the bike"?

>> No.8574819
File: 708 KB, 580x300, output_vpinrp.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8574787
Speaking of seller horror stories

Backstory:

>sell cosplay/anime stuff from the Yuan Motherland to fund my own cosplays and convention trips
>live about 15 miles from the nearest post office
>ship from home, is known for always immediately printing out postage and having orders sent out next day (unless it's holiday/weekend)
>get a fair amount of customers over it since you'll get your stuff in a week at the most
>have super awesome nice rural mail carrier to accomplish this
>lady must get paid extra per package she brings in because she's always happy to see my mail box loaded up
>never complains about having to drive up to the house to deliver big stack of merch to me if our new jumbo sized mail box can't fit it

But sometimes, in the dark days of the before time, our mail carrier got temporarily sent to cover another route for a few weeks and we got... a teenager.

>have two orders in the mail to be picked up
>have the little flag up on the box and everything
>come out later, the flag is down
>Oh good, mail's here!
>open box
>my two packages are sitting there
>no other mail, no reason for packages to be there
>it's well past time for delivery so I know the mail carrier was here
>can't figure out why my postal lady would do this
>go inside and inform customers of what happened, say they'll be picked up tomorrow
>customers are alright with it, thankfully
>next day
>see this big hulking truck stop at the mail box
>normal mail carrier drives a little old car
>go to the box again
>box is crammed full of new mail and packages for me
>Huzzah, mystery mail carrier picked up my packages!
>carry all the mail and goodies inside
>start to open things
>get to bottom of pile
>my own shipping labels stare back at me
>tfw mystery mail carrier ignored my packages and instead crammed everything in the box on top of it
>forced to go to local post office to take packages
>complain a bit to the nice older lady behind the desk

Part 1/2

>> No.8574828

>>8574819
Part 2/2

>postal office lady tells me my carrier is temporarily assigned to another route
>says she'll talk to the temp new carrier about picking up my stuff
>not feeling all that confident about mystery carrier
>skip to a couple days later
>have more orders that need to go out
>mail time comes around
>here super loud racket from outside and honking
>go outside to find mystery carrier's huge tricked out truck pulling into yard
>tiny teenage girl is sitting in passenger seat, leaned all the way across the seat to reach the driver's wheel in the driver's seat
>yes, sounds dangerous and weird but rural carriers here all drive like that and have those Driving Instructor pedals/breaks on the passenger side floor
>"Hey! I got some packages for you!"
>has to borderline yell over her loud country music
>wiggles her way into her tiny backseat to grab my stuff out of the carrier containers
>ask her if she's gotten the packages out of the mail box that I needed picked up
>"Out of the box? Yeah, I totally got 'em"
>well alright then
>watch her buckle her seatbelt and tear out of the driveway, not sure how she can see out of the dash window with her stretched across the truck to drive from the passenger seat
>go to the box just to check if she got the packages
>my packages are still in the box
>gdi you country-music-big-truck-skinny-jeans-stereotype!

>am determined to get this girl to pick up my packages
>do not want to drive to the post office so late in the day
>decide to give her another day to pick them up
>weather decides to fuck all that up
>overnight we get dumped with snow
>weather so bad it makes the national news
>whole East Coast is fucked
>not expecting mail but packages are in box just in case
>girl's big ass truck comes down the road
>stops at the box, see her fumbling with mail
>see shit drop to the ground
>she drives off into the snowy unknown
>my motherfucking packages are still there, Day 2 of no picking them up

Part 2/3 (whoops)

>> No.8574841
File: 578 KB, 828x346, showbyrockscream.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8574828
>on top of that I've now got letters soaking in the snow slush
>gdi teenage girl why do you hate me?!
>at this point I just tell my buyers that the weather here is awful, barely any mail going in or out
>buyers are okay with it because mail is honestly at a stand-still because of epic winter conditions
>next day I am fucking determined to get teenage temp girl to pick up my damn packages
>didn't realize the weather was just as fucking determined to screw me over
>all the snow has turned to ice overnight
>highway near my house is of course safe to drive but my yard is a skating rink
>my post box is literally frozen shut with half an inch of ice
>spend 15 minutes in the freezing cold with a hammer and screwdriver getting the ice off
>spend another 15 minutes cramming packages in box and then attempting to tape a neon yellow note reading "PICK UP PACKAGES!!!!" to box door
>in my cold and furious state don't realize I actually taped box door shut with shitty clear tape
>slip and slide my way into the house and sit by door
>wait like a deranged stalker, eyes firmly on the road
>vehicle slowly drives up to box
>it's not country girl's huge truck
>it's my loyal carrier's little old car
>see her attempt to get box open
>watch her yank at my sign and shitty tape barrier
>see packages emerge from the frozen insides of the box and make it safely into the car
>slowly close door and hide in shame because my loyal carrier must think I'm insane now
>pretty sure she shared this story at the local post office about crazy rural customer who demanded their mail get picked up but tried to tape the box shut so no one would get to it

I owe my mail carrier a big card and a gift certificate or something at Christmas with all the stuff she has to deal with from me.

>> No.8574961

not /cgl/ but an /m/ story that is pretty bad

>Trying to avoid customs charges on gunpla
>Find a UK site and buy MG Turn A and Turn X
>week goes by and nothing
>contact the site, nothing for a while
>eventually get a message and guy says it is totally in the mail but he is in china right now
>really worried I have bought some knock of shit
>email him a few times but response is always so slow
>decide to get paypal refund
>really difficult as the guy takes forever to respond to anything
>win and get money back
>a few weeks later get the gunpla in the mail
Eventually it did come which gave me the moral dilemma of what to do. Decide to say as I think he'll be nice and probably give discount, just get a blunt method of here is how to pay him

Not sure if that or the time I got custom charges of £300 for a £50 figure (and no way to correct this) was a worse experience

>> No.8574970

>>8574961
>£300 for a £50 figure
How is that even possible?
Just send the figure back wtf is that.

>> No.8574977
File: 12 KB, 225x225, url.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8574970
What I think happened was they read yen as pounds or possibly dollars. I simply didn't have the money and after hours on the phone being thrown to different departments no one would do a thing so I never got him. pic related was what I ordered, he was £50 to £60 at most.

even less related my dad ordered some shit from america and after weeks of waiting found out he had apparently signed for it at 6:00am, never mind how you'd remember something like that the post doesn't come till fucking lunch time here

>> No.8574991

>>8574841
>>pretty sure she shared this story at the local post office about crazy rural customer who demanded their mail get picked up but tried to tape the box shut so no one would get to it

Oh poor anon, your story really made me laugh though. I hope your postal lady never leaves you to the mercy of interns again!

>> No.8574998
File: 595 KB, 300x200, mjwacm.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8574991
That anon here. We did have another temporary worker assigned to our route for a few days and all my incoming packages have my shop name on them sooo

>Here's your packages anon! Oh.. by the way, can I ask what the ____ Shop is? I keep seeing it on all your packages and I'm really curious.

>mfw I try to fumble through an answer about small online shop and then retreat into house to change paypal name immediately

Now I just seem like an online shopping addict or possibly a hoarder with the amount of packages that come in under my real name instead of my shop name.

>> No.8575696
File: 19 KB, 585x101, whatttttt.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

my package is late, and now I can't track it at all. What the fuck canada post? Am I gonna get this package at all?

>> No.8578080

>>8558367 here, so USPS officially told me too bad, so sad- my package is lost and they can't do anything about it. This is after I called management and stalked the post office EVERY DAY for a fucking month. I am fucking livid.

Sender has been notified and I already tried to file a complaint (can't actually file a claim from my end). Any advice gulls?

>> No.8578233

>>8566956
Which one, anon? Was it worth getting?

>> No.8578247

>>8578080
Unfortunately if it's been marked as delivered, seller is off the hook. Sounds like a problem with your mailman that first day, he's the one who scans packages as notice left. Was there anything else in the mailbox the first day the notice was supposed to be there according to tracking?

>> No.8578253

>>8575696
I've had a package stuck in customs since July 17. Also in Canada.

>> No.8578264

>>8575696
A friend tried to ship me something untracked California -> Ontario in MAY and it hasn't shown up yet. Probably a lost cause on my end.

>> No.8579900

Question: I'm in the US and I've been having awful luck with tracking numbers lately, am I the only one? I had two lace front wigs from wigisfashion coming in, passed through ISC in New York on the 16th, then nothing. I contacted USPS asking about the delay but they only said "1st class packages aren't actually tracked because we're not required to" and I guess now I'm trying to come to terms with the fact that I may never get my wigs. I've had delays on several items in the past two months, but this is the most expensive order that's gone off the chart. I don't think harassing USPS will help, but I'm considering doing it anyway...