[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 82 KB, 540x531, tumblr_nsmgclvD0E1twit3ro1_540.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8563587 No.8563587 [Reply] [Original]

Old makeup thread is gone.

>Best drugstore purchase you made?
>Best high end purchase you made?
>What do you splurge on most?
>What do you save on most?
>Favorite resource sites/blogs/youtubers?

>> No.8563593

>>8563587
Probably any of my brushes
My Chanel pencil eyeliner
Eyebrow products
Concealer, nail varnish, eyeshadow because I seldom use them
Google tbh

>> No.8563596

A beauty blender, it was five dollars and I love the effect versus a foundation brush!

Foundation, I love my Make up forever foundation, it gives so much coverage that I can hide any blemishes and don't need a concealer.

Foundation and BB cream because a good one really goes a long way.

Brushes, I don't have high quality ones at all...

None as of yet, though I do watch Makeupgeek.

>> No.8563603

w4 primer
Mac Dubonnet lipstick
Lip colours. I love the impact so new styles of lipstick and glosses and things. I have to have.
Eyelashes, I buy Red cherry lashes online, they're much better quality and nicer than the ones in shops where I live (eylure).
2 pairs of red cherry + 1st class shipping = £5.68
1 pair of eyelure £5.75

Also because I wear eyelashes so often I don't buy expensive mascara, as long as it gets my eyelashes black and blends the real and fake, it'll do.
None really, I used to watch a lot and I learnt lot years ago. Not watched or kept track lately.

>> No.8563618

Rimmel Kate Moss lipsticks, L'Oreal mascaras

Naked palettes because they're convenient and last forever

Blush because I like how most higher-end companies package them

Concealer and bronzer/contour stuff (NYX)

Lisa Eldridge and Stephanie Lange

>> No.8563628

Revlon primer
Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette
Eyeshadows
Mascara, I find drugstore ones are just as good
r/makeupaddiction

>> No.8563644

Maybelline's Baby Lips. God damn.

A Shiseido foundation which as far as I know is no longer in production - It was best for costumes and full-face makeup which I don't really wear now, though.

Lip products. Not so much buying expensive ones as a shit-tonne of mid-range ones.

Bronzer/contour stuff and eyeshadow. By not wearing any.

N/A.

I have heavily in-set eyes (no upper lid to work with) and an angular Slav face, so I've always hated eyeshadows and contouring on my face. It's just never 'felt' right, despite being done by several professionals on different occasions. I've given up and started doing 'puppy eyes' and it looks so much better.

>> No.8563910

>>8563596
Mind specifying which MUF foundation you use? I've very noticeable redness that needs covering.

>> No.8564053

>>8563910
not that anon but also have really bad redness. what kind of skin type do you have? I've gotten some pretty good coverage from Tarte's 12hr full coverage foundation (the one with SPF) for my redness. Downside is it is easy to make cakey (you don't need much; don't put too much on) and if you have dry skin (like me in the winter), it is way too mattifying and will dry out your skin something fierce.

Alternatively, try the urban decay naked foundation? It is much cheaper and feels better on the skin imo but their shade range pulls pretty warm. I would use it year round but it's not a perfect match for my summer skin and their lighter shades are not stocked very well so it can be hard to get a hold of.

Both of them are at sephora so you can just make off with a few samples to play with for a few days. MUFE reformulated their HD foundation recently too and while the old stuff was alright (i could see why people like it, but wasn't for me) I hear the new one is kind of hit or miss with people.

>> No.8564085

Cover Girl pressed powders
Benefit Erase Paste
Eyeshadows because I find its an area of makeup generally worth the investment & more difficult to dupe
Foundation
My go to for glam looks is Emma Pickles, otherwise I just look for tips on BuzzFeed or badger my more makeup-savvy friends in places where I'm challenged.

>> No.8564108

>>8563628
Would you say primer is worth it? Even for an everyday makeup look?

>> No.8564125

I'm painfully noobish when it comes to makeup. I've watched my fair share of makeup tutorials, but I just cannot get over how weird I think I look with anything other than eyeliner and eyeshadow. Part of this is I've never been able to find a foundation that I think looks right.

I'm planning to go to Sephora or Ulta soon and asking them for tips and help (and decent products). Is this a good plan, or will I end up with a weird normalfag makeup style that looks odd with lolita?

>> No.8564131
File: 51 KB, 1280x720, 1433965252844.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I like my brushes alot

My eyeshadows probably. You can't beat that pigmentation, yo.

Skin care products honestly. My philosophy is that if the canvas is primed and beautiful the paint will sit much better.

Nail stuff maybe

YouTube is a godsend. Seriously I've learned so much pro shit from that site. I watch most of the obvious beauty gurus but sometimes I'll just type in a specific product and watch like 20 reviews/demos.

>> No.8564147

">"Best drugstore purchase you made?
Jordana anything, especially their lipliners. They are wonderful, creamy and cheap.

">"Best high end purchase you made?
Hourglass ambient lighting powder in dim light. It's great for photos to cover imperfections in good lighting

">"What do you splurge on most?
Lipstick for sure, I love good formulas that I don't have to apply often.

">"What do you save on most?
Nail polish and mascara, their shelf life is short as it is.

">"Favorite resource sites/blogs/youtubers?
Temptila for swatches. Most makeup blogs/sites/youtubers are such shills now I try to either take opinion from people I know or from Temptila who seems pretty unbiased.

>> No.8564151

>>8564147
>">"
???

>> No.8564170 [DELETED] 

">>8564151"
Yeah I fucked up. Oops.

>> No.8564174

>>8564151
yeah I fucked up. Don't really know why I typed the quotes.

>> No.8564178

L'oreal true match concealer. I could probably find a much better one in a high end store, but considering i use concealer every single day it would just be too pricey.

Naked palettes, they last forever and you can use them for so many different looks.

Concealers, foundation, powders - I have oily skin and big pores and I use these every single day. Always searching for new products to try.

I never use any lip product besides just chapstick, i have tiny lips so i dont think it works for me. Also i use cheap elf brushes and they work just fine for me.

>Favorite resourche sites/blogs/youtubers?
Not really any anymore, i used to constantly watch tutorials on youtube when i was younger but now i dont really need them anymore. I find most youtube gurus to be annoying oversponsored obnoxius brats.

>> No.8564181

>>8563587
matte lipstick Maybelline Touch of spice and lasting drama gel eyeline by maybelline too
The tartelette palette from Tarte, so awesome and ther Venus Lime crime palette I'm love with it
Eyeshadows and lipsticks
Primer, I only have the Loreal one, next month im buying the porefesional
I like this girl https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD-lygbArMWCgtnfgXqIKKA and I not longer buy dupes but I like dupehat a lot, and I use www.temptalia.com/ a lot for reviews

>> No.8564226

Does anyone know of a good brand for really pale foundation? Most of the time the closest ones are too yellow.

>> No.8564237

>>8564226
L'Oreals True Match line has a cooler tone based one called Alabaster that is great.
Nars is also nice. I use the one called Siberia.

>> No.8564246

>>8563587
>>Best drugstore purchase you made?
Eh, that's hard to say. Does Etude House count? Because then definitely their bright fit BB cream. Otherwise, ehhh aside from purchasing the completely wrong skintone for it, I was pretty impressed with the L'oreal true match concealer. Gave good coverage, didn't dry up my skin the way other foundations do

>>Best high end purchase you made?
Too faced chocolate palette, hands down.

>>What do you splurge on most?
Eyeshadow. I can't resist colors.

>>What do you save on most?
I'm not a huge fan of lipstick. I only use a few colors, and I tend to favor lip balm + lip gloss. I'm pleb, I know.

>>Favorite resource sites/blogs/youtubers?
I usually just save whatever asian makeup tutorials I think are cool. I don't have a particular blog I like. I hate Michelle Phan with a passion and youtube makeup videos in general.

>> No.8564271

elf brushes. They are like $3 and pretty decent. I don't feel bad throwing them either since they are so cheap.
theBalm palette, even though it's not really high-end.
Face primer. I used to splurge on eyeliners and shadows but I've found cheaper alternatives.
Eyeshadows and lip products. I get so many glosses from sample boxes that I don't need to buy any, ever.
I like watching some Kawaii Pateen videos, but some of them are cringe-worthy.

>> No.8564425

>>8564226
>>8564237
NARS Siberia is very yellow as well, but the next shade up (can't remember the name) is more neutral.

>> No.8564543

>>8564425
I don't find it yellow at all. I have cool undertones and it blends in well for me.

>> No.8564547

>>8564543
I find it really yellow and I'm neutral leaning towards warm - need to use a slightly cool powder to get it to match

>> No.8564572

Posted in the last thread but it vanished before I could check it out - does anyone have any tips/tutorials for contouring a double chin? I've lost a good 10 pounds but it's just not going away. I need a method of hiding it until I can afford surgery.

>> No.8564591

Elf Eyeshadow Primer. $2 and works well for my oily monolids.

Laura Mercier Foundation Primer. My holy grail. I love it so much.

Rose gold highlighters, and lipsticks.

Mascara. My eyelashes are practically nonexistent to begin with. Any mascara I have used came was either too clumpy or came with extreme amounts of fallout.

IAMKARENO, ItsMyRayeRaye, PONY Makeup, sunny's channel, KathleenLights

>> No.8564597

>>8563587

Makeup Revolution eye and blush palettes

Shiseido's brow powder @ $40. Very steep for a small product but it's been with me for over a year and the consistency and color is just fucking amazing! I'd buy again in a heartbeat.

Eyeshadow palettes. I dunno why I do this to myself. I have 8 big ones already.

BB creams. Because Korean BB creams are so fucking cheap and last almost forever. less than $10 for a 50ml tube usually lasts a year for me

Wayne Goss
Sasaki Asahi
Jungsaenmool
PONY Makeup
Lamuqe
EunJi Park

>> No.8564668

>>8563587
Brushes & E.L.F Highlight & Concealer.
Kat Von D studded lipsticks & Sigma Eye brow Brush
Eye shadow Palettes
Eyelashes. lel Daiso all the way.
Youtube: Glam & Gore, Klairedelys, Fresh Blush, zWinnieYap, just to name a few.

>> No.8564799

>>8563910
>>8564053

Hello anons! I do use an anti-redness primer beforehand by Clinique called Redness solutions. The primer still leaves some redness behind and the foundation covers that up. I also have used Maybelline's Master primer with redness control and it works nicely!

My MFU is the ultra HD invisible coverage foundation. I will say that the foundation doesn't go on like a dream, it needs to be blended well! When it is though it worked very well, I had a Sephora employee match my skintype with their machine and tried one before picking the 110.

>> No.8564804

>>8564108
Not that anon, but yes! Primer gives the foundation something better to adhere to then your skin which produces natural oils. These oils are one of the main reasons make up will fade from your face! Primer also has other benefits if you have redness or sallowness to your skin! It can help correct blemishes, hide pores, or even fill in uneven gaps like acne scarring depending on the one you use.

>> No.8564814

>>8564125
You can have 15 minutes of their time for free, I recommend it! Don't feel pressured to buy the first one, not until you've tried several in your skin range, and if you don't want that much coverage you can always go for a BB cream! They have less pigmentation and are tinted moisturizers. American brands cover much less then Asian, but I still prefer the American brands for days I don't want to go all out.

>> No.8564834
File: 24 KB, 598x336, iYFGmKa.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Not necessarily for cosplay but wet n wild balm stains. They tint the lips so I don't worry about needing to reapply. They are my go to everyday lip wear

I bought a sephora fine tip eyeliner felt pen and now I never want to use anything but a felt tip ever again

Nothing because I'm cheap as fuck. I do buy a lot of eye shadow though

I don't know, I try to save on everything. I wait for sales

Musings of a muse, who I recently found out reads jousei manga...

>> No.8564846

>>8564125
If you're good with eyeliner and eyeshadow, it should be fine. That's the only thing that can look specifically "normalfag"
As long as they don't bronze and contour the fuck out of you, Sephora should be fine. I really like going in there, they can find you the right color and formula for your skin, then you can test it for a few days. Just go for it!

>> No.8564870

does anyone know how to make lipstick stay on longer? is there any sort of primer or something?

>> No.8564882

>>8564870
Yes there is lipstick primer. I haven't noticed any differences in the ones I've tried, so just try a nyx one or something from a drugstore.

>>8564804
To add to that, try a banana powder for your setting powder which will help cancel out whatever redness is left. It's not for everyone since it is Bright Yellow though.

>> No.8565151

>>8564814
>>8564846

Thank you, anons!

>> No.8565335
File: 211 KB, 384x288, PrLnNzI[1].png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Okay, sorry but I'm not really sure where to post this. I really need to buy some cute new panties! I used to buy at Victoria's Secret but their quality sucks shit lately and I hate most of the styles. But I desperately need some new ones right now.
Where do you all buy panties? I prefer quality ones that are cotton.
I didn't post in the aliexpress/taobao/ebay threads because I'm not sure if I want to buy from there.

>> No.8565354

>>8564870
There are primers, but usually a lipliner is enough, just instead of using it only to outline, cover areas where lipsticks tends to disappear first. For more use, you can look for a clear lipliner. It also depends on the formula - usually more glossy, emolient ones don't have much staying power, whatever you do.

>> No.8565357

>>8565335
>Make up thread
>Pantie request
Get out

>> No.8565471

>>8564108
Definitely for eyeshadows it is. Otherwise it builds up in the creases and falls out.

>> No.8565513

>>8564870
Lipcoat.

Why is it americans have never heard of this....?

>> No.8565515

>>8565513

Murrican here. I had lipcoat from covergirl. It was pretty shitty.

>> No.8565996

So I've heard that "a lot" of people hate Lime Crime.

Can anyone explain why?

>> No.8566062

>>8564131
>YouTube is a godsend

Right?? Those color swatch vids are a lifesaver.

>> No.8566406

>>8565335

Uniclo panties and underwear in general is fantastic.

>> No.8566429

>>8565996
>http://ohdeardoedeere.tumblr.com

>> No.8566651

>>8565513
I never said I was american.

>> No.8566738

Sort of a weird question ...

But does anyone else find it gross wearing the same pair of lashes multiple times? I know some of them are intended for that but I just can't, it's too weird to me. So I only buy cheap lashes so I don't feel bad throwing them away after one use.

To me it just reminds me of how your supposed to throw away make up if you used it and had pink eye. Bleh.

>> No.8566762

>>8565996

The only good thing about lime crime is the packaging/branding. Its super cute and sparkly and unicorns. The products themselves are underwhelming and overpriced. The company's head and legal team are also notorious for being sue-happy censor-mongors.

>> No.8566811

>>8566429
>mfw Urban Outfitters is selling Lime Crime

>> No.8566900

Seagulls, help me. I am on a desperate quest for an orange lipstick. I mean pure orange, not coral, not red-orange. Almost every shade I can find at Ulta and Sephora is a red with a hint of orange in it. Even Kat Von D and MAC only have red-orange shades.

I want my lips to be creamsicle colored. Or traffic cone. Or tangelo. Just some shade of orange that is truer orange than red.

>> No.8566908
File: 20 KB, 504x548, 10002180.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8565515
This is what you need.
Seals any lipstick for the whole day.
Apply lipstick, blot, seal. Won't come off until you use makeup remover.

>> No.8566910

>>8566900
Colour pop lipsticks are cheap and have lots of variety. Definitely check them out. I've heard good reviews from friends.
Or Lime Crime if you don't care
Cosmopop is a creamsicle color.

>> No.8566972

>>8566900

Nyx macaron lippies in Orange Blossom is a pastel creamsicle color. I think they are still available online.

>> No.8566982

>>8566900

obsessive compulsive cosmetics lip tar stained gloss in androgyne is traffic cone orange.

http://www.temptalia.com/occ-androgyne-new-wave-voyeur-lip-tar-stained-gloss-reviews-photos-swatches

>> No.8566996

probably mascaras. i like a few of the maybelline ones.
i'm a cheap shit, so anastasia dipbrow pomade is the most expensive thing i've purchased unless you count skincare.
skincare/sunscreen. otherwise, eyebrow stuff. i have so many eyebrow mascaras, pencils, pomades... but i just use the pomade now.
i don't use lipstick, contour, pressed powder, eyeshadow, or bronzer, so i suppose i save there.
like someone else said, i just find a product then youtube it for reviews. i also find stuff on instagram by looking at MUA pics and seeing what they used for a certain look.

>> No.8567001

>>8566900
Jeffree Star's Anna Nicole: http://shop.jeffreestarcosmetics.com/products/anna-nicole

Who Is She's Bright Nights: http://www.whoisshecosmetics.com/#!product-page/cib8/4c1e23c2-7e4d-5cec-9827-24523118b24e

Who Is She's Valencia: http://www.whoisshecosmetics.com/#!product-page/cib8/48f2af22-3c44-9419-9d9e-2b7eef5bb68e

House of Beauty's Autumn (this one is more copper than straight orange but it's so pretty): http://www.houseofbeauty.co/store/p115/AUTUMN.html

>> No.8567004

>>8566900
Have a look at Life's entropy. Alternatively get the MUFE flash palette (or the ten quid eBay knock off) and mix your own colour.

>> No.8567016
File: 998 KB, 400x224, timgunn.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8566429
>was expecting dramu between owner and customers or some such nonsense
>was NOT expecting the use of unsafe chemicals

Oh.

>> No.8567084

Has anyone done pop-art or cel-shaded make-up? I know Borderlands cosplayers do the kind of cel-shaded style, and lots of people do the Lichtenstein style on their faces, has anyone done that for a whole day for a con? How did it photograph? How did it stay?

I love the look of pop-art make-up, and I'd love to do a comic book character cosplay complete with bold outlines on the whole costume, but I think its one of those things that might only look good in my head. Most of the photos I've seen have looked great from one angle, and at a con it would just look weird IRL.

>> No.8567167

>>8566429
Right, so I'm willing to swallow everything except
>and her high blink rate as evidence that she was lying.
Really cunt?

>> No.8567534

Can anyone recommend a bright blue based pink blush? I'm looking for a fairytale-like, marie antoinette sort of flush. High pigmentation, not chalky, blendable, long lasting. Please and thank you gulls!

>> No.8567632

>>8563587

ELF products. Dirt cheap and except for a few duds, like the lipstain, they work just as well as stuff that is much more expensive. Haven't used ELF mascara yet, usually Maybelline or Rimmel, but got one because it was $0.79 during the last iherb sale. Hope it's not shit.

A Shu Uemura brush that I bought years ago, when I was poor but a big believer in Brand Is Better. Second is the Alice in Wonderland Urban Decay palette that I had to get from ebay because it was sold out. It's nice, but lasts forever.

Nothing anymore. My most expensive must-have now is Blue Lizard sunscreen. I need to stop buying eye shadow because it'll take me three years to go through the ones I have right now.

Skin care. My skin looks amazing after changing my diet (very few carbs, lots of fat and water), and the only skin care I buy on repeat is NOW products. Big believer in that what you put into your body is much more effective for your skin than what you rub onto it.

Wayne Goss.

>> No.8568945

Does anyone mind giving some advice for hiding redness? I can cover it with moderate results with foundation, but it quickly gets flaky and looks like my skin is really dry. Moisturizing before does help, but it might just be a foundation for oily skin. Does anyone have recommendations for a US-based anon to try?

>> No.8568960

>>8568945
Have you tried a redness reducing primer? They'll usually have a green tint to kind of "cancel" the redness. I like Smashbox's Photofinish, but there are plenty of other primers like that.

Alternatively, have you tried some kind of skin care regime to get your skin looking a little nicer? I know that when I switched from using brushes to using a beauty blender to apply my foundation, a lot of the problems I had with my red skin went away.

>> No.8569010

My rimmel Mousse foundation and Glamoflague Concealer
This was years ago I bought a Boots no.7 Mousse foundation and it was amazing (it's now discontinued, feels like anything I like gets discontinued)
Base products (foundation, concealer, powder, CC sticks, etc)
Everything else (eyeshadow, eyeliner, lips, blush, etc. I get most of my makeups from E.L.F. and drugstore products)

>> No.8569027
File: 102 KB, 435x438, 1440184946866.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8566900
Club clio has one that looks like creamsicle

>> No.8569243

Concealer recs? I'm okay with mid-high end recs because I'm use to using drugstore tier and don't mind trying something better if it works. My other concealers don't really cover my post acne marks very well and I can still see a dark mark after foundation/bbcream + concealer.

I have better skin now so I don't really have bumps to cover, just post-acne scars from the one or two hormonal pimples that I get monthly. My scars usually fade after a while but for that in between transition period I need something that works. I have combo-dry skin, so nothing that will sit in dry areas weirdly please.

>> No.8569349

>>8568960
Thanks anon, I'll have to try that. Is it really drying on the skin or will it help with the flaking?
My main issue is actually rosacea. So no real solution for that... its mostly just dryness I have to deal with. It's not terribly red and only in one area luckily.

>> No.8569362

>>8569349
I think that the Photofinish has a "dewy" finish, so it makes my combination skin a little oily by the end of the day. Are you using liquid foundation?

>> No.8569367

so i had super thick eyebrows about 3 hours ago

i was REALLY tired when waxing them and i took off way too much eyebrow from the top then matched it on the other side to make it at least symmetrical
how should i go about filling them in now, i have the anastasia pomade and some brown eyeshadows but i can't really get a shape that looks 'right' on my face ;_;

>> No.8569525

any pressed powder recs? just got the 12 hour one from mac and I'm not the biggest fan

>> No.8569580

>>8569362
Yes, it's tonymoly's cc cream. It works well for the rest of my face, just not areas with the rosacea. Maybe it's not really helpful for redness? But it is a really dry formula.

>> No.8569903

>>8567534
Ben Nye Fresh Pink, ELF Pink Passion, MAC Pink Swoon, NARS Gaiety, Angelika and Desire are all ones I've tried and liked!

>> No.8570117

>>8563587
ELF blush brush
Stila Waterproof Liquid Liner

>> No.8570125

>>8566738
You can clean your lashes, youtube it.

>> No.8570138

>>8563596
what brand did you get of the beauty blender for so cheap? Or any dupe I guess if anyone can contribute

>> No.8570175

>>8570138
diff anon, but I have a real techniques one that was about $6-7 and it's really nice.

>> No.8570177

>>8569243
I have Holika Holika's Cover & Hiding stick concealer and it's okay

>> No.8571326

>>8564053
Sorry about the delay, my skin is dry for the most part! I know how you feel about full coverage sometimes being too cakey, it often happens to me too. As a result I no longer use powder, but Urban Decay's fix spray. It works like a charm and my makeup stays in place no matter what I'm doing which is really amazing! Definitely try switching if you also have dry skin.

>>8564799
I use that primer too; honestly, I don't feel that it works that well on where the redness is mostly situated (my nose) but it covers up minor redness on my cheeks. So that's something!

>My MFU is the ultra HD invisible coverage foundation. I will say that the foundation doesn't go on like a dream, it needs to be blended well! When it is though it worked very well, I had a Sephora employee match my skintype with their machine and tried one before picking the 110.

Thanks for letting me know! Unfortunately MUF can't be bought where I live so I can't exactly go in for a true matching, but besides the redness I'm fairly pale. Nothing googling swatches can't fix!

>> No.8571359
File: 102 KB, 480x640, misshabb-1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8569349
Oh anon, I've rosacea too! I'm >>8571326

Besides cleansing/toning/moisturizing I use Clinique Redness Solutions, which will cover up minor redness but won't cover up the areas most affected by rosacea which is unfortunate. Missha Perfect Cover works decently for me (people are actually surprised when they learn I've rosacea!), but the thing is you really do have to cake it on the affected areas. I'm lucky that it's mostly situated on my nose but I really can't do any contouring there or anything. Instead of powder opt for a setting spray because I find powder makes everything look worse.

The redness on my nose is more severe than pic related, but you can get an idea of how it works.

>> No.8571378

really dumb question probably, but i'm a brand new lolita with absolutely no makeup experience and obviously wearing lolita requires makeup. does anyone have any youtube channels with tutorials and such that would work for lolita they can recommend?

>> No.8571385

Help me out here, gulls.

My eyes are droopy and eternally tired looking and I've been wanting to figure out how to make eyeliner work for my eyes (I've never been able to make it look good no matter how hard I've tried). Does anyone have any suggestions with certain styles I could try to make my eyes look less alien-looking?

>> No.8571389
File: 712 KB, 957x531, ew.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8571385
Dropped pic. Damn it, mobile.

>> No.8571434

>>8571378
rather than looking for makeup specifically for lolita, you'd be better off learning the basics first and then building from there with specific tutorials depending on what style of lolita you're wearing. there aren't that many "lolita-specific" makeup tutorials out there anyway. what kind of skin type do you have? how light/dark are you? do you see yourself favoring more natural makeup, or something flashier (bold eyes/lips for gothic, for example)?

anyway, most people recommend lisa eldridge and wayne goss because they're professionals with lots of basic how-tos, but depending on your skin specifics I can look up some other youtubers.

>>8571389
those look like downturned/droopy eyes to me?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T91aeWcfu60
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pA9DahAHgao
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZNo6lbIFSU

and a general "makeup for your eye shape" vid
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehOMlHk7Xus

>> No.8571442

>>8571359
random comment but you have really beautiful eyes and a great bone structure!

>> No.8571466

>>8571434
Bless you, anon.

>> No.8571483

Any of you beautiful gulls use shiro cosmetics before? For the price and cute themes it seems too good to be true. Reviews please!

>> No.8571490
File: 883 KB, 900x748, side_by_side.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8571442
I guess I should have made it clearer but that's not me! I found it from googling 'missha perfect cover + rosacea'.

>> No.8572107

>>8571359
Thank you anon! My problem area is also my nose and literally no where else on my face, which makes it stand out a lot unfortunately. I'll try these out, thanks for the advice!

>> No.8572111

>>8571483

I do! I really like them. I'm writing up a review for them right now actually, I'm just waiting for good light to do swatches.

Their shadows are very pigmented and go on smoothly, and you get A LOT. Even their samples go pretty far. Never tried their glosses tho.

>> No.8572119

>>8566900
Wet n Wild 24 Carrot Gold Megalast Lipstick

>> No.8572141

>>8572111
Thank you! I just decided to go for it and buy some of their dollar samples; I'm so excited! I ordered mainly from the legend of zelda collection.

>> No.8572638

I use BB cream as part of my daily makeup routine, but when I wear sunglasses outside and take them off, I end up with streaks on my nose bridge because of the sunglasses. Any way to prevent theae streaks whenever I have to push my glasses up and take them off?

>> No.8572660

My eyelids are so damn oily that shadow and liner just melts off my face. I've tried primers but they never last very long, maybe 1 or 2hrs at the max. Any brands you guys like to use?

>> No.8572803

>>8572660
Me too, anon, me too.
My shadows are usually okay, but my liner creases like a mofo. Revlon Colorstay liquid liner works well for me, it still creases sometimes but much less.

>> No.8572815

>>8572107
I know exactly how you feel! Mine used to be so severe as a child/tween that people used to sing 'Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer' around me. Finally getting decent coverage does count for so much.

Make sure you use a brush when applying the BB cream on your nose, too. Using your fingers will result in a sheerer application.

>> No.8572849

>>8572803
With mine, the shadows crease within an hour, and unless I have something on my lids liquid liner doesn't stick at all. I have to have some type of powder on before trying to add liner. And then it just gets so oily it rubs off when I blink.

>> No.8573233

Hey guys...

What supplies would I need for a zombie bite in terms of makeup? And where would I procure things?

>> No.8574237

how can i achieve a powdery white georgian era look, minus the lead poisoning?

>> No.8574242

>>8572660
I had the same problem (even stila and kvd was obliterated in an hour or so). The saem eco soul power gel liners sit all day for me and they have a really nice cranberry red which is tough to find stateside if you're into that.

>> No.8574671
File: 435 KB, 680x440, all2014.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8566900
Try looking into Korean brands aimed toward a younger or trendier demographic since orange cheeks/lips are much, much more common there.

Take Etude's lineup for example: http://www.etude.co.kr/product.do?method=submain&catCd1=102000

I know pic related only has two true oranges, but each line of theirs should have one or two orange shades anyway. (And their official swatches can be inaccurate as hell.)

>> No.8574827

>>8572815
Wow, I got that too. Luckily no singing though. Mine was only bad as a teen and it's sort of mellowed out, but still isn't great.

Thanks for the advice about the brush, I have been using my fingers. I'll try that instead!

>> No.8574854
File: 131 KB, 400x400, tumblr_nakwmqlyyc1so98vbo3_400.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Hey anons, do any of you know a whitening product which actually works? I'm looking to buy one to even out my skin-tone but I don't want to waste money on something useless.

>> No.8575054

>>8571483
I only got a couple samples from them but I've loved what I got! I got four shadows (plus a bonus one that they threw in for free!) and their finishing powder. The colors are super pigmented and blend very nicely. My items took a while to ship to me, but the extra sample I got in my package was a beautiful green, very similar to the greens that I was trying samples of. I thought that was a nice touch, that'd they'd seen what I was ordering and gave me something similar.

>> No.8575067

>>8573233
Liquid latex (or if you're feeling fancy, something like zombie skin). You'll also want to get some red and black paint, and if you can spring for it some green, brown and purple would be a good thing to have too. There are lots of tutorials online about how to do infected zombie bites, but the process is going to be apply thin later of liquid latex to (preferably hairless section of skin), wait until latex is a little dry, apply tissue paper in the shape you want the wound to be, apply second layer of liquid latex, wait until liquid latex is dry, then paint the tissue paper like a wound.

You can find liquid latex at places like Spirit Halloween stores, party or theater supply stores, or online. I'd buy face paints like Snazaroo or Wolfe FX, but there are lots of great brands (Mehron, Cameleon, Paradise, Diamond FX, Ben Nye, Kryolan).

>> No.8575116

>>8575054
how's the finishing powder?

>> No.8575134

>>8575116
I like it, but I haven't used too many so I can't really speak to how it stacks up against other powders.

>> No.8575181

I just got Urban Decay's Naked 2 palette and I'm kind of disappointed. It cost $65 in my country but my $15 Majolica Majorca (Shiseido's drugstore) line palette applies/blends just as well.

Granted they're almost the same price when broken down to cost per gram but I probably won't be using some of the shades in Naked 2.

>> No.8575206

Pallets wise you guys should look at the Sleek eyeshadow palettes. I have a love for the nude and the romance ones. Going to dump a few because the colours are great and they're only about $12

>> No.8575210
File: 101 KB, 1200x1200, 96017791-1_3888.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8575206
Au Natural

>> No.8575214
File: 99 KB, 1200x1200, 96094075-1_2411.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8575206
Vintage Romance

>> No.8575219
File: 98 KB, 1200x1200, 50320905-1_4875.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8575206
Sunset

These are my three and I find they work for pretty much every character I do. Also the Natural is useful for some contouring colours.

Next one I'm going to get is the pack of primers in different colours.

>> No.8575561

Coastal Scents brushes and NYX matte lip creams in all colours, especially Amsterdam.

Hourglass Finishing Powder in Dim Light. It really creates a candlelit glow to my face. Also ABH Dipbrow Pomade and KvD liquid eyeliner pen.

Skincare and liquid foundation.

Nail polish, mascara, setting powder, eyeshadow (I have one neutral palette from TooFaced and a holiday palette from Sephora so I don't need much else)

None really. I just read reviews on MakeupAlley, Temptalia, and whatever Google gives me before I make a decision.

>> No.8575569

>>8567632
>ELF products.

Agreed. The only problem is that ordering directly from their website just makes you the recipient of SO much junk mail in your physical mailbox. I got a Vogue copy every other month begging for subscriptions.

I love you, ELF, but we need to meet in public spots like Target in the future.

>> No.8575580

Is getting matched for foundation at Mac stores worth it? I've heard so many bad things about their service it scares me, but I'm really bad at finding shades that match me.

>> No.8575589

Any recommendations for a super pale foundation? I have a few super pale characters and I'll have to cover all my exposed skin.
Either that or a high quality white I can mix with my regular.

>> No.8575616

>>8575580
You don't have to buy their foundation, but knowing what shade you are can help you find similar shades from other companies. Something like the website Findation will use your Mac color to match you with other shades.

>> No.8576258

>>8564226
I just bought Lancome Teint Idole 24h, which was recently released in a new shade paler than their previous lightest shade. Pricey, but damn am I happy to have a shade that matches me so well. The coverage is good without looking cakey, too, which is a huge plus.
NARS Siberia and Bobbi Brown Alabaster are too dark and yellow on me, if that gives any indication as to how annoyingly pale I am.

>> No.8576448

>>8575580
Go get matched and if it seems alright go out and wear it for a little while and look at it in natural lighting. If it wears nicely on you, doesn't oxidize and matches then go back in and buy it

>>8576258
I have the same problem, so I'll have to check out the Lancome one! Thanks for the tip
At the moment I'm having to mix Kryolan 406 and a teensy bit of OB1 to get my match

>> No.8576452

>>8575589
Kryolan TV Paint stick in 406 - Super pale, super high coverage. You need to set it really well though and I find it breaks me out

>> No.8576531

Anyone watch the NYX face awards? Thoughts?

>> No.8576532

>>8576452
Seconding this.
Illamasqua's white foundation works well too! Mix it with your other foundation to reduce the white, into a more pale skin tone.

>> No.8577370

>>8575181
To be honest, I've never understood the Naked palettes craze, they're way overhyped. And unless you're a MUA, you don't need so many neutral shades. My another problem with them is that they're all warm toned - Naked 1 is closer to neutral, but still not there.

>> No.8578466

>>8576531
Yes! So happy Mykie won, she totally deserved it.
That said I've got a mega crush on Fresh Blush now after her mermaid look.

>> No.8578618

ok so I need some help.
I'm a really short asian girl yet I intimidate most of the people I meet for the first time because I have severe resting bitch face.
Does anyone know any makeup tips to make face look more approachable and friendly (possibly even a bit moe)?

>> No.8578722

Dear makeup gen, I have atopic skin, and it makes me one of those lolitas who censor their face in every picture. My skin reacts to pretty much everything scented, but nevertheless this all natural look has started to bore me. Now that I can handle skincare for my poor skin, I've been thinking about make-up.

So, what are my options? Are there brands I should check before anything else? Is there somewhere a hidden information pack for my case? I'm willing to invest here, because I kinda don't want my skin to peel.The information I can find is mostly mixed, and since my starting point is no previous knowledge of the subject, I'm bit overwhelmed even by everything. I can understand that most brands are out of question, but I'd appreciate to get even some basic information.

>> No.8578802

>>8563587
Maybelline Lash Sensational mascara and Ecotool brushes
I'm not really brave enough to spend that much in one go so I don't have a lot of expensive stuff, but I love my Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation
I go on Korean beauty splurges way too often
Mascaras. I have long lashes anyway and most drugstore ones look decent
Not really any specifics

>> No.8579373

I've been reading up about cushions as a BB cream substitute, and I wanted to hear your opinions and thoughts. Pros and cons? Any recommended cushions (or BB creams, you can never try too many) in particular?

I'm pale, so I can usually blindly pick the lightest shade of foundation and get pretty good results, and my skin is on the oily side, if that helps.

>> No.8579382

>>8578618
you dont need makeup for that. just stop fucking frowning

>> No.8579405

>>8578722
Clinique is pretty good for sensitive skin.

>> No.8579408

>>8578618
If you can change the shape of your eyebrows that can help. I have a pretty severe natural arch, but I try to style my brows so its a little more curved.

I too am a sufferer of RBF, and mostly I just need to remember to smile when I'm in a public setting where I don't want people to think I'm mean. Mostly I just live with it though.

>> No.8580927
File: 19 KB, 500x281, 1434971053638.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I was debating whether to put this here or in the feels thread.

>Constantly hear "I'd definitely have surgery for x, y and z!" "I could NEVER leave the house without contouring!" "Quick, do everything that you can to stop aging!" in every day life.
>Look in the mirror every time that I wash my face and wonder if maybe I have some form of dysmorphia just because I genuinely think that I'm very pretty.
>But apparently I'm supposed to hate myself.

It's a really bizarre kind of a feeling that is hard to describe without sounding like a piece of shit, but it's there.

>> No.8580937
File: 133 KB, 1016x1600, missha m radiance foundation no 23 .jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I was wondering if anyone else had experience with Missha's foundation. I bought pic related somewhat recently because during my year in Asia (mostly Japan) I was unable to get my hands on their Perfect Cover BB in 13. However, I've found that it doesn't cover up much and tends to dry out/accentuate whatever dry skin I might have. Is there anything I can do about this? I'd hate to have wasted money on it, but now that I'm back in the US, I might just order more BB and throw it away.

>> No.8580945

>>8580937
I only use Perfect Cover, but in general: are you cleansing/toning/moisturizing before putting it on? Using a primer? Applying with a brush for your problem areas? Using a fix spray instead of powder?

>> No.8580962

>>8580945
My cleansing/toning/moisturizing routine is pretty decent, I think, and hasn't changed. I was using a fixing powder but stopped, thinking that might have been the issue (haven't picked up a spray yet). It still happens with nothing on though, and not even over a period of hours. Within like 30 minutes of putting it on it starts to feel weirdly dry.
Also, I guess maybe Missha's foundation is just not as coverage-oriented as most other foundations I've used, but it kind of sucks.

I never had any issues with Perfect Cover or the hypo-allergenic line, so I guess I should just go back to BB.

>> No.8580964

>>8580927
Put it in the feels thread yo, people don't wear makeup because they think they are unattractive, its to enhance features.

>> No.8580993

>>8580927
No anon, it's perfectly fine as long as you act normal and don't constantly talk about it. People who give you shit for it are usually insecure themselves.

I think I look okay. Nothing special, but I don't think I'm ugly either. However, if I said that on /cgl/ people would flip a tit and start telling me how I'm probably OLD and have SAGGY TITS. Meanwhile whenever my boyfriend says the same it's perfectly fine.

>> No.8581003

>>8578618
I sort of have resting bitch face. I think part of the reason is because my eyebrows naturally are straight and look furled. I get them shaped so they have an arch and my face looks "friendlier" now.

My other suggestion is Botox. Botox will freeze your brows and forehead so you can look more relaxed. I know people with resting bitch face who get injections regularly and it helps for the better.

>> No.8582338

>>8574854
If it mainly relies on something like titanium dioxide, no. There are plenty of products that do legit whiten long term though, like niacinamide (found in most Korean whitening products) or arbutin (found in most Japanese whitening products), etc. Or items that increase cell turnover.

>> No.8582345

>>8579373
I've only tried one and still prefer my regular BB cream, but use my cushion more often because it's the lazy man's way of life.

It's more expensive than normal tubes but the convenience the biggest selling point to me.

Don't go for Missha's Magic M Cushion though, more people hate it than like it.

>> No.8582961

Any recommendations for a pen-style eyeliner? I have bad hand tremors and that's the style that works best for me, but I'm looking for something a little darker and more long-lasting.

>> No.8583055

Can I get some recommendations for a budget lipstick that's shimmery pink? So far I've found a covergirl continuous color option but no one has swatched the line that I can find.

It's for a teen character so I'm looking for something "natural" colored and not super vampy.

>> No.8583097

>Best friend has only what I can describe as "old lady lips"

They have no plumpness to them. the second her lip begins, it just caves into her mouth. How can we make her lips more like normal lips?

>> No.8583139

>>8583055
Why lipstick? I use baby lips for a bit of color, that might work for keeping it natural. They make sparkly ones too.

>> No.8583219

>>8583139
Color payoff and longevity. I don't want to have to reapply a lot, but I have wanted some Baby lips crystal for a while...

>> No.8583223
File: 676 KB, 971x1280, tumblr_nt57r0tMAI1r7s42jo2_1280.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8563587
Are there any tutorials saved for this eye makeup?

>> No.8583324

>>8563587
I wanna start using foundation since I'm getting a bit more serious into cosplay
I've tried buying foundation two times before but they we're total shit
I need to get concealer, foundation and powder, and my question is, how much should I expect to pay for these?
I don't have a lot of money so I usually go for a cheaper option, and I think that is where I fucked up before, but since I don't know how to find a good color match I'll probably have to ask someone working there for help, and I'm afraid they might try to get me to buy something overpriced.

>> No.8583554

>>8574671
I have an oil lip tint from Etude house that came in organ, and I was really expecting more of a peach but it was orange popsicle level orange.

>> No.8583611

Does anyone have a recommendation for a super pigmented gold shadow? Thanks.

>> No.8583616

>>8583611
I think kat von d just came out with a super pigmented gold shadow in her metallic collection. I haven't tried it yet but all the reviews seem favorable.

>> No.8583617

my hands are getting prominent blue veins. how do I prevent this

>> No.8583781

>>8582961
I would suggest kat von ds tattoo liner. It's a bit on the pricier side but really worth it

>> No.8583827

>>8582961
I like K-Palette and Dollywink. You can probably find them cheaper on eBay.

>> No.8583898

>>8583223
It doesn't look like a complicated look to me, you could probably do it without any tutes. Just use a matte orangey brown eye shadow your lids and blend it out. Blend some out under our eye as well.

>> No.8583902

>>8582961
I recently got a Laura Geller Eye Calligraphy eyeliner set from Ulta and it works really well for me. It comes with 3 different types of pens for $30.

>> No.8584110
File: 84 KB, 616x358, 0516_sec0_img1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8583554
Yup.

>> No.8584340

>>8583324
Don't go to a place in a mall department store, because they do tend to pressure you into buying. Going to an Ulta or a Sepora is best, but you could also go to a drug store.

Having someone help you pick out a shade at Sephora is free for fifteen minutes, but you'll be waiting if it's busy. They can help you find a match, if you don't want to pay for something too expensive you can use websites like fitdation to find other brands that have a matching color. Beauty blogs exist for a reason, check some reviews! If in store then test it on the back of your hand, it gets warm first and helps find a good match to blend. Cheap doesn't always mean bad.

I go cheap on my concealer and powder, using NYX. It has a following because it is close to being dupes of expensive brands. I spend my money on my foundation, that's what I need the most help with on my face.

Also consider how you are applying your foundation. I use a beauty blender and I'm never going back to brushes or my fingers. I got a cheap one at Target for a few bucks, worth it.

>> No.8584344

>>8583617
It's genetic and you can't, if they get too bulging then they will typically be removed by surgery.