[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 54 KB, 500x461, 1442636969509.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8632393 No.8632393 [Reply] [Original]

old one is saging
feel free to rant and vent, gulls.

>> No.8632403

I'll start.
>old Ciel ballgown cosplay from my weeb days is taking up too much space
>it's a shitty taobao costume that I just want to get rid of cheaply
>list it in a bunch of cosplay sales pages on FB for $40 + ship for the entire costume, wig included
>ton of "I wish I had the money for this :(" and "I wish I could fit" comments
>apparently too expensive for 15 year olds and too small for landwhale adult weebs
>mfw will probably never get rid of this piece of polyester shit

>> No.8632501

>>8632403
what are the measurements, anon?

>> No.8632513

>that sjw thread getting deleted

it was so entertaining

>> No.8632523

I type the name for "behind the bows" in Google every couple of weeks to catch up and now there's 3 whiners on the first page of results who got posted to it.

Yeah, posting about how much you don't give a shit really tells me how much of a shit you don't give, right? The more these people fucking whine the more I want to make something up about them to see them react more.

The old rule of thumb to "just ignore bullies" is still true. If you don't feed them, they'll stop feeding you. Responding with how much you don't care is still a response, and it encourages us assholes to keep bothering you to get more funny reactions.

Dumb fucks.

>> No.8632528

>>8632513
I don't understand things getting deleted on 4 chan of all places, who is getting harmed here?

>> No.8632618

>>8632501
36 in. bust, 30 in. waist, hips are free size.

>>8632528
It's just off topic stuff usually, right? Dumb shit like SEXY COSPLAYERS: sexycosplayers.com or when /r9k/ or /fit/ posts here like "hi I'm a lonely 27 year old neckbeard hoping to get laid by a qt cosplay girl. any takers?"

>> No.8632622

>>8632618
>It's just off topic stuff usually, right?
Nah, it's anything janitor-chan doesn't like. Secrets threads are 100% on topic, and they still get deleted.

>> No.8632644
File: 361 KB, 512x512, Z7HeRxU.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8632622
Secrets inevitably venture into "talking-about-a-specific-person" territory. How dare we hurt someone's little feelings.

>> No.8632654
File: 982 KB, 320x287, WqOkkp9.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8632393
>Go to help thread
>Ask for help
>After I posted, it immediately hit bump limit and no one has made a new one

>> No.8632667

>>8632654
If it makes you feel better, when a new thread is made, there tends to always be an anon who links all the unanswered questions.

>> No.8632675

>>8632667
I wouldn't mind re-posting it, it's just the sheer unluckiness of posting right as the bump limit is reached

>> No.8632687

>>8632622
In that thread's case though it was just people complaining about SJWs. Had no place here and was an eyesore.

>> No.8633085

My comm is full of sandy cunts and newfags. They always complain about not wanting drama, and then act patronizing and passive aggressive. Some people are starting to get pretty rude, and then I see a lot of screen caps of dumb comments from the closed fb page.
I get being irritated, but if it pisses you off, why not just stop commenting? Or unsubscribe from the group?

>> No.8633479
File: 18 KB, 512x288, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Girl with a bad rep is trying to be friends with my awesome friend. Protective instinct kicks in.

I'm watching you.

>> No.8633814 [DELETED] 

>>8632687
That was incredibly cringe and only like 5 posts were actually on topic. The rest were just racists who want to justify blackface, a Christmas tradition, "WELL IF BLACKFACE ON FOOD PACKAGING ISN'T OK, EXPLAIN THE LUCKY CHARMS LEPRECHAUN!!!!11", and sjws trying to fucking fight every post.

>> No.8633822

>have a "friend" whose life revolves around cosplay
>she only talks to me when she needs me for something cosplay related
>she legit seems like she doesn't care about me as a person at all and she has a habit of sometimes saying hurtful things to me
>decide I probably shouldn't be friends with a person like that
>she needs my help for yet another cosplay thing right now
>said cosplay thing sounds kinda fun and I kinda want to help out
>but at the same time I don't want to hang out with her
whatdo.jpg

>> No.8633826

>find really cute stuff on ebay
>bids run out on Sunday
>don't get paid til Monday
>cry

>> No.8633838

>>8633822
step 1- stop being such a doormat
step 2- slam dunk "friend" in the trash can. you don't need someone like that in your life.

>> No.8633860
File: 20 KB, 145x150, tumblr_n5qijkQVwd1s75dg4o1_250.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8633826
I know that feel, anon. I have a lot of ebay related feels.

>> No.8633891

>>8633838
I think I needed to hear that. Thanks, anon. It's time for me to grow a pair.

>> No.8633902

>>8632687
That thread was made purely to stir up shit.

>>8633822
Sounds like this person is using you to get free help for her cosplays. If she needs help, link her to some tutorials or give her written instructions but don't do it for her.
I knew someone like this once and I wish I had nipped this behavior in the bud instead of letting it continue because she'll just get more and more dependent if you let her keep mooching off of you for cosplay stuff.
I don't mind helping people with cosplays but I needed to draw the line between "we worked on it together because we're actually friends" and "weeell... we don't like each other but she asked me for help and I know how to do it..." and I think you should find where that line lies for you too.

>> No.8633924

I fear I've reached the end of lolita. I have everything I want. I have more than I would ever need. I love wearing it but nothing new has tickled my fancy in ages. I wish IW would go back to making great florals instead of the weird ap bandwagon style print they are doing now.

>> No.8633971

>>8632403
God I feel you.
>bunch of old Hetalia cosplays
>barely in the fandom, not fun to cosplay anymore
>put up a listing on Tumblr since that's where I have the biggest following
>no bites
>anyone who managed to reblog it tagged it with "these won't fit me but maybe they'll fit someone else"
>most of the outfits are in the small/medium range so how big are you people

>> No.8633991

>>8633826
24hrs? You typically have 24-48hrs to pay for something on an auction.

>> No.8634002

>>8633971
I still have my Hungary and Nyotalia!South Italy cosplays too! Curse middle school/early high school me for buying all these weeby costumes that I can't sell now.

>> No.8634020
File: 110 KB, 300x215, 1317418465910.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8632393
>Bored
>Decide to search to see what others thought of Touhoucon and see if I missed anything in particular since all the panels were good, and I chose some over others
>Read some Reddit post, it was cool
>Somehow stumble onto Tumblr
>Click on a random one
>It's the hideously obese Cirno
>"All men are rapists" posts, "People were creeping on me at the con, ect
>Stop scrolling. Alt f4, vomit.

Fat people are delusional

>> No.8634027

>>8634020
why do fatties always think that guys want to creep on/grope/rape them? honey, please. no one wants to grope your lardy ass.

>> No.8634106

i'm so tired

I haven't slept well in so long

>> No.8634257

>>8632403
If you list it on ebay with "kawaii anime" in the name someone will buy it.

>> No.8634265

>>8633822
Give her intentionally bad advice.
>No you don't need to sew it, hot glue works just fine.
>Quilting fabric is higher quality because quilts were considered a luxury in the past.
>Don't bother hemming it, the fabric has fray stopping fibres.

>> No.8634280
File: 22 KB, 102x102, 0Eyq2EUys0Qh.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>trying to do me as a new uni student but also make friends and not be the weird kid
>been saving for lolita since, like, 16
>bought a few things, started with pettis bc logic
>NEVER WORN IT YET BC NO CONFIDENCE (also not a full coord)
>sudden interest in larme
>need money for larme
>dont know whether to invest in this new fashion (though it'll suit me better because I'm insanely tall) in case it ends up like lolita and I never wear it/end up not liking it
>rip me

>> No.8634282

>>8634280
*since I was 16
I can't english today it seems

>> No.8634388

I'm starting to hate the obsession with youth everyone on /cgl/ seems to have. Not only is every other person here claiming they ttly look like they're 12 years old, but also how everyone seems to loose their shit the moment someone has a line on their face as if that immediately makes them look like a middle aged woman.

This is especially bad in idol and magical girls cosplay threads, where cosplayers get shit on for looking too old, despite that the characters are usually like 14 years old and at that age people generally can't make decent costumes anyway.

>> No.8634398

>>8634388
this

>> No.8634436

>some guy hits on me and makes me feel really uncomfortable
>talking to my ex that i stayed friends with about it
>said ex is/was a huge player/fuccboi
>"you should get used to it anon, there's a reason why i chose you over all the other girls i was seeing"
>"chose you over all the other girls"
>resist urge to laugh in his face because the reason why i dumped him was because he cheated on me in less than a month of dating

>> No.8634444

>>8634436
I know we're meant to stay cgl related but anon I'm so glad u dumped him
I know that's not what the vent was about but
holy shit it is literally my fear to be cheated on...
I'm too scared to get into a relationship after being dumped a while back, it's like this massive fear of being hurt again has spread out to all aspects of my life
sage for my pointless worrying

>> No.8634459

Why the hell is Harley Quinn such a popular cosplay with heavy girls? At the last con I went to there were at least five fat Harleys in ill-fitting outfits for every accurate Harley. It makes no sense to me. Aren't there better cosplays for fat chicks?

>> No.8634465

>>8634459
>Aren't there better cosplays for fat chicks?

I don't know about that particular character, but in all honestly no, there really aren't that many great cosplays a fat girl can do.

>> No.8634481

>>8634459
To be honest, no. The high popularity of HQ means there's going to be more bigger cosplayers because there's more in general. I can think of maybe 5, at a push, fat female characters, and they're not exactly ones people want to cosplay.

>> No.8634485

>>8634459
Nerd girls tend to be fat. Americans are exposed the most to Harley Quinn and that sort of stuff. Fat nerd girls like that stuff.

Plus Harley seems to be the female equivalent of Deadpool and we know what happened there.

>> No.8634616
File: 1.00 MB, 1440x2560, Screenshot_2015-09-26-18-22-15.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Are you serious? $15 off for being horribly bleach stained?

>> No.8634752

>Want to transfer universities because I go to a low key slacker one near home
>S/O wants to come with me to my top choice
>Top choice is close to a town made of my ethnic group, incredible standing
>Catch is that its 50k a year despite not being ivy league
>Financial aid will only give me 2k since my parents make too much, despite the fact that only one of them supports me
>Considering my second choice a lot more because they're equally great, and it's half the price
>S/O is getting pissy with me because they think I don't value our relationship of 2+ years because I'm hesitant about putting myself in hundreds of thousands of dollars in debt

fuck

>> No.8634761

>>8634752
Your SO sounds like a spoiled brat. Unless they're the ones paying for your education, it's your choice which school you go to. QF I don't see the point in paying so much for the same degree when you can get it at half the cost. Employers nowdays care more about you having the right degree for the job, not which school you got it from.

>> No.8634776

>>8634761
Because not all schools teach to the same standard. There is a reason good schools are good schools.

Say 2 people apply, they both have 1sts but one came from a bad school and one a high end school that is harder to get into.

>> No.8634780

>>8634761

No, I get where they're coming from on it. They came from a really hard financial background and have supported themselves through a nice university already, so it's not a matter of privilege, really. (The schools are closer in price than I said, but I was factoring in the cost of living in their respective areas.)

As for the employers thing, yeah, that applies in some cases. But if you're a law firm, you're going to want the applicant that came from Harvard, not the one from some sleepy law school in the hills of Kansas. When you see someone who got into an exclusive program, you value their talent more.

>> No.8634842

>>8634616
She sounds horribly horribly new.

>> No.8634845

>>8633991

Don't encourage people to spend money they don't have. There is already enough of them as is

>> No.8634849

>>8634106
I'm sorry anon. Drink something warm and watch relaxing videos.

>> No.8634858

>help friend with cosplay
>kinda wanna get into it
>skelemode
>can't stay clean shaven
>can't really find a character with my build

>> No.8634867

>>8634265
Hot glue works just fine for a lot of things.

>> No.8634869

>>8634388
This

I also think people tend to forget what actual 12/13/14 year olds look like. Hint: Not nice.

>> No.8634875

>>8634752
Go to a state school. Nobody cares where you got your degree. I know some employers who actually PREFER people with degrees from state schools, because it means they invested their money wisely and most likely have a better head on their shoulders. Non-Ivy League Private universities are a waste of money and literally just tell your potential employers that you had the money to attend an Ivy League school but didn't get accepted.

>> No.8634966

>>8633479
holyshit fuck this board lol

>> No.8634973

>>8634388
>Not only is every other person here claiming they ttly look like they're 12 years old

I have a girl on fb that I friended through mutual friends in my comm. She's always making it a point to post statuses about how "young" strangers think she looks even though she's like 26/27 iirc. I'm pretty sure strangers don't actually believe she "looks 13" since she most definitely looks to be a woman in her 20s. She fails to realize these are situational circumstances i.e. her getting carded at a bar and then seriously believing the bouncer must actually believe she looks thirteen because he made a common joke about how youthful she looked to ease the awkwardness of asking for IDs.

The reality is that she has severe depression and self-worth issues and clings to her perceived "youthfulness" because she's deluded to think that is what defines her as an attractive individual, or even that it matters. When actually her insecurity about her looks is quite visible to strangers and they often say what she wants to hear just because they feel sorry for her.

>> No.8635259

I guess my issues with the perception of youth extent to all of society and not just jfashion/cosplay (they're still really bad though). I hate how it feels like for girls especially how you're only pretty if you look young and the moment you start having lines you're old meat. You're only good if you look early 20's the rest of your life.

>>8634869
Basically, I'm not sure why they all want to look that young. 17/18 would make more sense since that's the age society idolizes girls the most it seems.

>>8634973
That's... kind of saddening to be honest.

>> No.8635450

> Started HRT
> Bitch in lolita comm suddenly became ~genderqueer~ and changes her mind like the weather
> Keeps telling everyone that I'm a fakeboi/transtrender
> People assume that I have gender headcannons for anime characters
> Then proceed to say that I'm not a "real transperson" because I think gender headcannons are stupid as hell
> "You're not real trans because you don't agree with our tumblrina opinions!"
> I don't want to be associated with these people but now I'm stuck with it

>> No.8635453

>>8635450
She's probably mad that you're "more special than her" since you're actually taking hormones.
Is there any way you can cut ties?

>> No.8635457

>>8635453
I already cut ties with her but now I can't spend time with my community because they like to bathe in her bullshit fountain.

>> No.8635460

>>8635457
Are you close to anyone in the community? If someone already knew you well enough before all this, they probably won't drink the Tumblr koolaid.
If not and you still want to stay with this comm, your best bet might be to defend yourself against the rumors. I've never met an actual transperson that actually likes flinging gender headcanons everywhere, and also the fact that you're on HRT nullifies any fakeboi arguments.

>> No.8635484

>>8632644
Why not delete those offending posts though? I've seen secrets threads be deleted that only had like 10 posts laughing about some pun or funny picture. Janitors need to chill.

>> No.8635486

>>8635460
>Are you close to anyone in the community?
Holy shit, I thought I was. It's amazing how the voice of one popular person can make everyone else change their mind. I'm planning to leave anyway after seeing that passive aggressive "we were talking shit about you anyway" thing on their twitters. I don't mind being a loner at this point.

>> No.8635495
File: 206 KB, 1600x1200, Chocobo progress4-.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>getting into needlefelting
>want to make some cute anime and animal figures and accessories to add to AA table
>first time working with flexible armatures, show to friend how I can now pose figures in different poses and make them stand up
>pretty excited
>(not my picture but similar to what I'm doing)
>friend goes "haha anon you're so cute, acting like we didn't all learn this in pre-school, I guess it's good to regress sometimes, hahaha"
>instantly demotivated
Thanks, friend.

>> No.8635503

>>8635486
That really sucks, anon, but I wish the best for you. I hope you find good friends.

>> No.8635504

>>8635495
What the fuck, that's way above preschool. Maybe they play with toys like that, but they certainly don't make them.
Fuck that friend, man. Go make your cool little figures.
That'd be great for an AA table since no one ever does that.

>> No.8635506

>>8635495
Your friend needs to suck a nut. I admire you for making more advanced needle felted things. I've been needle felting for years and I'm afraid to try anything new.

>> No.8635518

>>8635495
>>8635506
Needle felting anons, do you have any good tutorials/guides you can recommend for total beginners?

>> No.8635525

>>8635518
https://www.youtube.com/user/BudgetHobby

>> No.8635568

am i the only one who finds the bug eyed, over countoured and thin nose, accented nostril, overly paled lips make-up that Japanese and other Asian cosplayers are known for to be absolutely hideous? it bothers me so much, and i don't find it appealing at all. i also have a hard time understanding how and why people eat it up. maybe I appreciate a more 'natural' approach. and by natural I mean 'actually looks human'.

'but that's what makes such an amazing cosplayer!!!!!!' I'm sorry. it looks creepy as fuck, but I'm apparently the only person on this planet that thinks so

>> No.8635572

>>8635450
>gender headcannons
Why is this a thing?

>> No.8635575

>>8635568
I have seen a few big-eye-makeup faces look good, but I agree with you otherwise.
The worst part is the lips. I know anime characters usually have lips that match their skin tone, but it's to make animating easier. It looks creepy as shit irl.

>> No.8635817

Stop. Using. The Group. As. Your. Personal. Page.

The group is for organising meet-ups and sharing news. The group is for shout-outs to lolitas you spotted in the city, but didn't get to talk to. The group is for the community.

The group is not for you to post in four or five times a day, about every little thing you've noticed about lolita. It is not your personal status update repository. Stop. Fucking. Posting.

In fact, your posts keep getting deleted, have you noticed? Yes? Well gee! MAYBE YOU SHOULD TAKE A HINT BEFORE THEY DECIDE TO JUST BAN YOU.

>> No.8635833

>>8635817
this is 4chan

>> No.8635839

>>8635833
This is a vent thread.

>> No.8635840

>>8635833
And this is a rant thread.

>> No.8635861
File: 992 KB, 500x404, anigif_enhanced-buzz-20122-1362150095-1[1].gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>convention yesterday in a windy area
>wearing a big wig with a lot of long, loose bits
>friend who's cosplaying with me tells me at one point "your wig is out of control"
>I can't really see what's going on in order to fix it because a compact mirror doesn't have enough size to capture the whole wig
>finding pictures today
>part of my wig was blown straight up in the wind
>she knows how it's supposed to look and it would have been so little effort to just push it back down so I didn't look like an idiot in half the photos

>tfw wondering if she was just jealous because the last time we wore the same cosplays, I got a lot of attention while she had no makeup, no wig, and no prop

>> No.8637350

>quit job serving tables to focus on school
>get new job that has perfect hours
>now I don't make enough to buy new Lolita or go to cons
>mom helps me out with going to cons because she knows how happy they make me
>grateful but feeling like 22 is getting a little old to be getting help from mommy
>not even that far into my degree yet cause of work and cosplaying too much
Also
>meet QT surfer boy through mutual friends
>he's interested in my cosplaying and likes adult swim tier anime
>go to party with him and said friends, which I never do
>get too drunk and whore out hard with surfer boy in front of everyone
> gave him a blowjob in his car later that night
>next time we hang out I can tell his opinion of me has changed and that he just wants to hook up again now, despite saying otherwise .
>feel real dirty and disappointed in myself

It's been a very rough few weeks

>> No.8637353

>>8637350
Is there a way too delete post on smartphones? I feel like my feels are pretty off topic...I should have posted this on another forum

>> No.8637354 [DELETED] 

>>8637350
This is more a sob story than a rant.

>> No.8637359

>>8637353
you're fine, anon. Your post is on topic here or in the feels thread. It also reminded me why I don't get shit faced at parties with people whose opinion I care about, ha.

>> No.8637374

>>8633822
Are you me?

>> No.8637377

>>8635259
There's one girl in my comm that straight up did look 12/13 while she was 22, but only because she was a slob that didn't brush her teeth so almost all of her teeth fell out. When she smiled or talked, she looked like a little kid who had just lost some of her baby teeth. I honestly wouldn't believe that that's all it was that made her look so young if I didn't compare pics to after she got a new set of teeth and she looked +10 years older minimum.

>> No.8637383

>>8637359
Ok, thank you anon. And yes, it was a mistake I won't soon forget. Lately I've just been focusing on school and making due with what I have. "Building confidence" and all of that ...

>> No.8637396

>>8634875
You have a point, but the issue is my field of study, too.
My state has some great schools, but meh programs for what I want to go into. All of the classes for my major are taught by a single professor, and it's not exactly a specific field. We don't have anything for what I want to minor in, either, which sucks.

>> No.8637400

> really into cosplaying and my costumes usually turn out really nice
> I don't really participate in "fandoms" so the cosplays that I make get maybe 100 tumblr notes and only show up here if I selfpost
> meanwhile costumes that dont look as good as mine are getting tons of attention and oohs and aahs

I know that I'm salty as fuck, it just really sucks to put tons of effort into and be proud of something only to be dwarfed by everyone else.

>> No.8637479

>>8635450
Get the fuck away from them, they're messed up. How the fuck is somebody on HRT not trans? Genderqueer people are fake trans people most of the time because they just want to give themselves less privilege points to bitch about online. Go find some cooler people to hang out with, anon. I believe in you!

>> No.8637484

>>8637479
Genderqueer here. We're not all cunts, just those using it for social media points are. This comm just sounds toxic.

>> No.8637563

>>8637484
Nah, you kind of are all special snowflakes. It's actually pretty detrimental to the trans community.
It's basically saying, "Hee hee! I don't always like to wear dresses, so I must be a boy half the time!"
A lot of trans people work really hard to transition and "pass", and their gender identity is a huge source of anxiety and mental health problems for them. But, you know, I guess their struggle doesn't matter at all, because gender is only a pair of socks you can take off and put on whenever you see fit to you guys.
Gender is a spectrum. Just because you aren't always a stereotypical male/female doesn't mean you're some magical fluctuating fairy who switches pronouns. It means you're a normal human being who doesn't sit completely on one end of the spectrum.

>> No.8637579

I don't think being fat is the worst thing a person can be, and tbh, as long as they're actively trying to be healthier and dress nicely I'm tired of seeing them forced onto my radar because someone else browsing cgl has an eating disorder or a 'good samaritan' complex they have to validate.
>inb4 hi fattie
I'm actually 5'6 and 127 pounds and it doesn't stop me from thinking some of you take things too far even if the person on the other end shouldn't be taking it seriously. It reminds me of how passive aggressive bitches say the worst things they think about someone else and then top it with a "l-o-l jk jk ;D" Unless that fattie is preaching HAES, actively putting down other body types, or looks like shit you have zero grounds.

>> No.8637585

>>8637579
I don't think seagulls hate all fat people. Just the "FAT IS BOOTIFUL" and "FAT DOUZNET MEAN UNHEALTHY" chicks who basically try to recreate the standards of beauty because they're too lazy to go for a jog.

>> No.8637592

>>8637585
>"FAT IS BOOTIFUL" and "FAT DOUZNET MEAN UNHEALTHY"

But that's the thing, nobody ever says that here. At least I never see it.
The most we get is the plus size lolita or cosplay threads, but nobody is gloating about how beautiful fat people look, they just want to see fatties doing it right for a change and even that isn't sacred sometimes.
Go look in the feels thread if you want a good example of fattie shitposting.

It all starts when someone modestly chubby or fat is posted or posts, people comment about how disgusting they think they look, and then if the fattie shows up to remotely stand up for themselves shitposters retaliate even harder because how dare they not take their shit all the time. It's extremely cringey.

>> No.8637598
File: 13 KB, 498x174, haha wow.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>this shit

It's a fucking day after the convention and we already have people whining about how they can't find photos of themselves.

>> No.8637630

>>8637598
Anon are you me? I saw this and I can never understand why people can't try looking at ig or tumblr to increase their chances of getting a pic. I haven't even uploaded my pictures from Animethon yet lol...

Also I hate when I ask for suggestions on how to build a prop/armor and all I get is "just use worbla." Worbla doesn't work for everything.

>> No.8637649

>>8637579
My personal annoyance is that being fat is never ever justified, but if a picture of a way too skinny person is posted, half of the time people will just go "they're just naturally like that!"

I mean there's more shitposting when someone says they're fat and losing weight, then when someone talks about incredibly ED like symptoms.

>> No.8637666

>>8637630
I feel for the person in the thread who said they only got stopped a few times for photos. That's when you can worry about not finding anything.

But seriously how is this entire thread just filled with people bitching they haven't gotten any pictures yet bar a couple sane people? I've already found myself on Tumbr twice and I'm not really going to look until this weekend.

>> No.8637672

>>8637649
>that being fat is never ever justified
No, but the factors that determine someone's size are not always the fault of the individual.

Can you, for example, solely blame an obese eight year old who was raised by parents who fed him fast food five times a week, didn't teach him about nutrition, and didn't instill healthy habits like daily exercise so that when he grew up he felt like he was being personally attacked by others who told him that the lifestyle he's always known was wrong? That what his parents said about him just being "genetically bigger" was a crock of shit? The problem is more complicated for some individuals. The point is harping them about how shitty they should feel about their image doesn't seem to be helping curb people from becoming fat.

It's the same as someone thin saying they're "naturally skinny" when they actually just overestimate how much they're really eating, and burn more calories in their daily activities. I've seen people on cgl claim they're super thin but blame their metabolisms because they feel like they're eating junk food all the time but don't gain a pound. The only difference is eating like shit yet remaining thin isn't looked down upon even if it's equally crap for someone's health.

I don't see how shitposting is justified. And IMO, lots of people who are fat have eating disorders.

>> No.8637674

>>8637598
This is especially annoying when people who looked like shit say this. They get 4 pics taken and exaggerate, then act like it's a mystery why none of them turn up.

>> No.8637676

>>8634616
Wtf. I bought mine for only $5 more and it was damn near perfect; this girl is delusional.

>> No.8637685
File: 41 KB, 539x540, dumping.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8637674
>it is a mystery

>> No.8637688

>>8637672
Sorry I meant that line as an example of what /cgl/ seems to believe, so I really agree with you.

>The only difference is eating like shit yet remaining thin isn't looked down upon even if it's equally crap for someone's health.

As someone who's struggled with weight for a long time, this is really the worst one. Skinnyfat girls telling you how easy it is to lose weight while seeing them only eat like shit themselves. Getting told that if only you didn't show the weight, eating this bad would be just fine.

>> No.8637689

>>8635568
It's the thin nose that weirds me out the most. Lots of people go too far and end up looking very voldemort.

>> No.8637693

>>8637350
It's not like you're a NEET sponging off your parents. You're working and going to school, and your mom sees how hard you're working and wants to do something nice for you.

>> No.8637697

>>8637666
That's Alberta comm for you. I already came to terms a long time ago that I'm not going to find pictures of myself unless I hang around people who actually do upload photos online. At least with this con they have a team of photogs that take pictures of a good chunk of the cosplayers so you're bound to find something.

>> No.8637698

>>8634616
That reminds me of the girl who was trying to sell AP's sweet waffle that had a huge bleach stain for a negligibly discounted price because "you could fix it with fabric paint"

>> No.8637721

I hate what my cosplay community had become. It used to be full of nice people who all connected well and no one was stupid, and now suddenly it's full of people who suddenly identify as non-binary or some tumblr tier shit and people who identify as poly-amorous. My community is so drama filled because of a certain few "popular" cosplayers and I feel like the only way I can avoid having a bad rep is to avoid telling anyone I'm part of this city's community because I feel like just by being in this comm people will hate me.

>> No.8637731

>>8637400
You and me both, anon, you and me both. I know I shouldn't let it bother me, but I always get that little pang of annoyance when someone with a way worse cosplay than mine gets so many notes.

>> No.8637762

>>8637563
Fucking this. Alot of the women and girls who describe themselves as 'genderqueer' these days are just plain old vanilla tomboys. But that word isn't special snowflake enough.

>> No.8637763

>>8635453
>>8635572
>>8637479
Wait so does this board only hate mtfs and not ftms?

>> No.8637776
File: 77 KB, 600x800, 1413183233792.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8637484
Nawh, nawh, you're a cunt and you harm the validity of transfolk everywhere.

>> No.8637778

I could post a whole rant about german customs.
Even if it's airmail, packages take a few days to arrive in my country and at least a whole week just sitting in customs. If they bother to scan it at all. I bought my halloween dress far in advance and it's sitting at customs for a week already, I'm grumpy.

>> No.8637781

>>8637592
Welcome to /cgl/ 4chan. For the record I have seen fatties on here thin shaming people (or at least attempt to), general example, someone posts photo of slender girl, obvious fattie response : ohmahgawd she must be anorexic, she has an eating disorder etc. The self loathing in these individuals is obvious as they attempt to make themselves feel better about their fat asses by attempting to derride a thinner girl online.

>> No.8637787

>>8637763
This board generally hates special snowflakes who fake trans issues in order to gain popularity either online (ie Dumblr) or otherwise.

>> No.8637790

>>8637563
>>8637762
Anon from >>8637721
This is the exact mentality I have to my community because they are all literally ~genderqueer~ in some way or another. I'm trans and they all get mad at me for not following with their ways and say that I'm supposed to be respectful because I'm trans and should "understand" what they're going through.

I understand if someone is trans and does make an effort to pass, but has a side interest in female fashion because it actually interests them, but it's a whole other thing when you identify as male one day, dress as a female, and have no plans to even attempt to pass or transition as a male. Yes, there are trans people who don't end up going on hrt, but they do at least try to look male with the way they present themselves in public. But people who are like >>8637563 said are just looking for attention because "My opinions aren't valid unless I'm actually oppressed."

>> No.8637796

>>8637672
It's probably because people cant see how unhealthy it is for people in skinny folks. I mean I guess they can sometimes, I got really skinny a while ago and doctors would comment on it essentially constantly, Ive had one guy mention to me that being underweight is more unhealthy than being overweight. Normal people though? Could give a fuck. I had one friend actively encourage it, along with negative self body image to get me to want to eat less. It really ties to being skinny is seen as more pretty.

And I get your situation described above, I had a second cousin in that predicament. Its hard to learn things that were never taught to you in childhood, I never was taught proper dental healthcare for instance. I can get my shitty teeth replaced though, gastric bypasses and liposuction on the other hand are iffy.

>> No.8637928

>>8634436
Here's a life tip, don't talk to your exes. It's not worth it 99% of the time.

>> No.8637943

I have stopped cosplaying the past few months because of issues with depression. I finally came clean to my mom about what's going on and she was supportive for about one day and then she immediately started bringing on the alternative medicine bs.
My mom is obsessed with alt medicine, any conversation with her will inevitably turn to this. Her health is a wreck and I don't think it has helped her in any significant way. But, she has spent well over $20,000 on this over the past few years so there is no changing her mind on it.
It's just frustrating because she links literally every single problem to alternative medicine and then she gets ANGRY when people don't take her unqualified advice. I literally have a degree in Psychology and she has the nerve to send me some blog link about how depression is all caused by allergies or some other bs. She sent me a link to a doctor who does acupuncture, and I don't have time to entertain this bs or give money to charlatans. But I know she is going to get mad at me when she finds out I didn't go.
I finally yelled at her about it a few days ago, pointing out that she's not qualified and that it does not work for everyone but today she's sending me more articles and buying me sugar pills again.
>alternative medicine: not even once

>> No.8637983
File: 96 KB, 728x1091, d100.007.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>have IBS-C since age 7
>If I don't eat in a certain order or eat certain foods my IBS kicks in
>decide to be stupid and disregard my ibs
>constipated
>take MOM and drink a lot of water
>stomach becomes so huge that it looks like I'm pregnant
>next day my dresses come in
>want to try them on but too constipated
I just want to poop.

>> No.8637993

>>8637592
You pass a man as he is walking down the street. He says "nice weather, huh?" you respond in kind.

A bit later, you pass another man, who says the same thing. You respond in mind.

A bit later, you pass another man, who also says the same thing. You respond, but you're getting a little tired of hearing about the weather.

At the 50th man, when he says "nice weather, huh?" you punch him right in the face.

Each man was not doing anything offensive, but from your perspective, they are all built up upon each other. This is a fallacy, but an easy one to fall into.

This is what is in play with most over reactions to things on 4chan. A fatty makes a few moderate comments about insults, and it carries the karmic weight of every fat acceptance blog they've seen snippets of.

It's why /pol/ sees tumblr everywhere and vice versa.

Don't be foolish yourself, and recognize this fallacy when you're on the punching end, but at the same time, recognize it in others as a loss of patience, but irrationality.

>> No.8637996

>>8637943
wtf anon are you me? My mom watches Dr. Oz obsessively and believes all of his snake oil bullshit. She legitimately believes that some boiled cinnamon-nutmeg-cranberry-lemonade juice helps you detox and flush out every last toxin in your body. She legitimately doesn't believe that portion control and exercise will help you lose weight either. Instead she takes these "detox purifying pills" (probably just sugar) because the ad said she can lose 50 lbs in one year.

>> No.8638001

>>8637996
Does she bother you and push it on you too? And is she still really overweight?
Yeah my mom loves Dr. Oz too, and Dr. Phil. I thought Dr. Oz was at least sometimes reasonable and promoted healthy eating and exercise. But I get so tired of hearing about both of them.

>> No.8638007

>>8637993
Not* irrationality.

That was an important typo.

>> No.8638042
File: 115 KB, 728x450, 0bed83fd91dc00af10e92d9ce7aef1d5.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I just saw this in the front section of my homepage. I wasn't sure where to post it..

18 of the best cosplays on the web:
>http://crazy.buzzlie.com/18-of-the-hottest-superhero-cosplays-4/2/

I only recognized the Supergirl from my occasional lurking on /cgl/

>> No.8638061

>>8638001
God, you should show them the video where Dr Oz had to admit in court to a judge that he does not believe any of the products he pushes actually work.

>> No.8638071
File: 114 KB, 450x600, f1932f0c8c0c27c7f073890e22e4309e.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8638042
I've never seen this one either, I take it most of them never visit this site

>> No.8638072

>>8638061
It's really tempting to just send my mom a ton of links but I don't think it would ever work. Like I said, she has spent over $20k on this stuff, over the last 15-20 years, she is not going to change.
And something similar happened before, one of her quack doctors had his license revoked because he was writing prescriptions at Burger King after it expired. She still backed him up and just thinks it's big pharma pressure or something.

>> No.8638166

>>8637943
Well it's a good idea if you think you have depression to consider trying coping and if you really want, try St. John's wart. If you don't like that ( you must be on it for about two months to see) then I would suggest talking to a doctor about it. I get the whole disliking alt medicine but depression opens a can of worms of bullshit at the hospital.

>> No.8638273

>>8638166
"consider trying coping" what the fuc

Also fyi for anyone who doesn't know, do NOT take St John's Wort in combination with any other psych meds. Shit will fuck you up.

>> No.8638288

>>8638273

Also don't take it if you're taking birth control. It will increase the breakdown of the estrogen. So less birth control in your system = more likely to get pregnant.

St. John's wort actually interferes with a lot of other drugs too, so if you're taking anything else, run it by a doctor before you start taking it.

>> No.8638297

>>8638273
>>8638166
Don't take fucking St John's Wort. Holy fuck. Don't do it. That shit DESTROYS your liver. It'd be like drinking liquor and taking tylenol every fucking day.

I fucking hate seeing people recommending St John's Wort. Just because it's natural doesn't make it better.

>> No.8638323

>>8638166

>consider trying coping
>consider taking herbal shit that hasn't been through billion dollar testing to deem it's safe because ~natural~
>implying that a patient just can't come to clinic and talk to a doctor
>implying anybody but the worst suicidal ideation, severe depressive symptoms, or psychosis people go to psych because it's often better to have the person NOT in a hospital setting

Vaccines also cause autism, amirite?

>> No.8638526

>>8637763
transtrenders of all kinds get shit on, but so far I've seen ftms get more hate than mtfs

>> No.8638539

>>8638526
This. Probably because there are more of them cosplaying.

>> No.8638554

>>8637983
caffeine can be a quick colon stimulator

>> No.8638555

>tfw last year had well paying job
>lots of cash to spend on burando
>also most scarring experience of my life
>spent lots of money in antidepressants and shit
>lost job
>ffw today
>low paying job cant buy burando every month like last year
>however environment is nice and with little stress
Guess you cant have everything

>> No.8638563

>>8638554
for someone with normal bowels maybe
Caffeine makes me even more constipated. hot coffee can be hit or miss tho

>> No.8638566

>>8638539
probably.

everywhere else on 4chan, ftms are invisible or absent from the dislike of "trannies."

what the mtf hate here and on other boards have in common is the idea that mtfs are just men with a gross kink.

since transtrenders/fetishists are what gets hate here, rather than true trans people, gulls hate on mtfs suspected to be sissies (passive sexual predators) and fakebois (girls who want to be girls without the stigma of being female). actual trans people are not disliked as a whole here.

>> No.8638640

>>8638563
veggie balls from IKEA always seem to make me shit when I've been constipated

>> No.8638655

>>8637983

Miralax gurl.

And maybe start counting the fiber that you're eating or take fiber supplements. Also look into probiotics. They can do a lot to make your poop more consistent.

Personally what works for me is butternut squash. However, it's kind of a bitch ass to cook and not everyone likes it so it's up to you.

>> No.8638676

>>8638563
Buy a fiber supplement. I use citrucel, it helps even though I'm D.

>> No.8638728

>>8638166
Actually, St. John's Wort used to help me a lot, but it stopped working recently.
>>8638297
Dude, really? That is scary :/ wtf I did not know this.

>> No.8638737

>>8638297
Ok I'm going to want some sources because looking it up I don't see anything but the vague warning that comes with anything.
>Hepatotoxicity
>Despite wide spread use, there have been no convincing case reports linking use of St. John’s wort and hepatotoxicity. In controlled trials, St. John’s wort has not been linked to serum enzyme elevations or to clinically apparent liver injury. Because of its many herb-drug interactions and effects on the P450 system and drug transport and excretion, St. John’s wort may increase or decrease the likelihood of drug induced liver injury from other medications.

>> No.8638744

>>8638655
Srsly. I am chronically constipated and started taking Miralax as a daily supplement No regrets. Do it.

>> No.8638759

Namefags/tripfags on here that use /cgl/ as a personal diary or just post irrelevant/stupid shit that is embarrassing for them to talk about with their name attached. Please only namefag if you're contributing something worthwhile, if you leave your name/trip on while fucking around you just look like a sad attentionwhore who doesn't have friends to talk to about this shit.

>> No.8638799

>>8638555
are you me? i'm going through pretty much exactly this. love how low stress my new job is but I really miss having some disposable income each month... oh well...

>> No.8638822

>>8638737
MayoClinic:

>St. John's wort may cause liver damage. Use cautiously in people with liver problems or those taking agents that damage the liver.

Along with a myriad of other crazy side effects.

>St. John's wort may result in altered menstrual flow, bleeding, unwanted pregnancies, and hormone level changes. Use cautiously in women taking contraceptives or other estrogen agents by mouth.

>St. John's wort may alter drug levels. Use cautiously in people taking agents for bacterial or fungal infections, agents for erectile dysfunction, antianxiety agents, antihistamines, fertility agents, P-glycoprotein agents, pain relievers, or theophylline.

>St. John's wort may cause mania or psychosis. Use cautiously in people with mental illnesses and those taking antipsychotics.

>St. John's wort may change how sugar is processed in the body. Use cautiously in people with diabetes or in those taking anti-diabetic agents.

>St. John's wort may cause high levels of thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH). Use cautiously in people with thyroid disorders or those using thyroid hormones.

>Use cautiously in people with cataracts, due to the potential association between an element St. John's wort and cataracts.

>St. John's wort may cause heart burn, loss of appetite, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, and constipation. Use cautiously in people with stomach and intestine problems.

>St. John's wort may cause swelling. Use caution in people prone to swelling.

>St. John's wort may cause dizziness, tiredness, insomnia, problems with the nervous system, skin tingling or prickling, and nerve pain. Use cautiously in people taking agents that affect the nervous system.

This shit is dangerous and it's terrifying that people can take this without a doctor's supervision. You can't even take antihistamines (benadryl) while taking it, for fuck's sake.

>> No.8638955

I feel like the fb page for my comm is dead. The meets are good and abudant, but there's only a new post like every 2-3 days. And usually just "I'm interested but where to start I just got my first milanoo dress :-)" shit. But on actually nice posts, people reply and like so fast. I feel like everyone's just waiting for someone else to post. But I can't think of any not annoying things to post, really.
>waiting to see that little number next to the comm page on facebook that means there was activity in the comm
>pls I'm so bad at life, I need to talk in groups I can't do 1 on 1

>> No.8638963

>>8634002
Really old post but I have to say I just love Hungary cosplays from Hetalia. Her outfit is just so cute.

>> No.8639132

> Casual meetup at a themed restaurant
> specified no dress code
> new girl
> but I don't have anything to wear of that theme!!1!

>> No.8639237

>>8638822
Literally everything has side effects. Look up vitamin c side effects.
>Vitamin C may cause abdominal cramps or pain, chest pain, dental erosion, dizziness, diarrhea, faintness, fatigue, flushing, gut blockage, headache, heartburn, increased risk of lung cancer, increased risk of Parkinson's disease, inflamed esophagus, injection site discomfort, nausea, red blood cell complications, skin tingling or irritation, slowing of endurance training, thickening of blood vessels close to the heart, urinary complications, and vomiting.

>High doses of vitamin C have been associated with multiple adverse effects. These include blood clotting, death (heart-related), kidney stones, pro-oxidant effects, problems with the digestive system, and red blood cell destruction.

>> No.8639252

>calmly typing to someone
>disagree with them
>"WTF ANON WHY ARE YOU SO BUTTMAD ):<"
why can't anyone discern tone on the internet

>> No.8639257

Can I just fucking say that Saint John's Wort is a fucking stupid name for a plant or anything else that isn't Saint John's wort

>> No.8639304

>>8639252
Same reason that sarcasm is so easy to get in a text only format

>> No.8639369

I hate my brother.
My older brother, who's 21, keeps hooking up with friends I bring home to cosplay with. I asked him to stop but he literally just said "lol" and then went off to hang out with his friends. My parents won't kick him out because he makes a lot of money and he pays some of our bills. Also, he builds and sells speakers out of the fucking house, so he's ALWAYS blasting rap music and he dances to it like an idiot with his same group of friends, all the time. It literally blows my mind they actually make money considering how immature they are. They're just good at convincing people things. He's such a creeper too, he "accidentally" left his phone on with the VIDEO CAM running at an angle that would have shown my friend peeing, and she actually forgave him. Later that night when she came to my house to stay over, she was flirting with my brother all night. she's 17! UGHHHHHHHH i dont hate him because he's my brother, but i very very much don't like him

>> No.8639394

>>8638001
Yes she does try to push it on me. The weird part is that my mom isn't even really overweight. She's a little chubby but incredibly obsessed with becoming thinspo thin. I actually find it weird to this day that she doesn't believe in portion control and exercise because that's what got me from being chubby to normal weight. I watched one Dr. Oz episode where he was promoting kickboxing as good exercise but from what I've overheard from the TV, the rest of his episodes are largely about crap that he gets paid to promote.

>> No.8639422

>>8635450
Anon, please go find better friends that haven't been poisoned by tumblr. I've cut ties with the idiots in my comm and I never felt so much better. I also agree with you on the ~gender headcanons~ thing. I can't look up anything for my fandom without seeing "trans/genderqueer/nonbinary character gives me life!"

> Trans but can't go on HRT until I get financially stable and move out of parents' (with extreme Asian+religious morals) house
> Which doesn't seem like it'll happen any time soon
> Can't pass at my job because it's in a crappy conservative area and I'm afraid of being treated like shit so I would be pushed to leave
> I make an effort to pass when I'm out with my normalfag friends
> Tumblrina lolita comm keeps telling me "since you still have an interest in lolita/dress feminine at work, you must be genderqueer/fluid! There's no way you're trans! You should be on HRT or gotten donations for surgery by now!"
> Explain the situation to them and they just keep pushing me to do a gofundme so I can move and get HRT
> "No thanks, I want to work to get what I want"
> "You're really genderqueer/fluid. Trust us!" insert sources from tumblr here
> slowly faked busy, stopped going to meet ups and unfollowed all of them on FB
>Been a lone lolita for 3 years
> Normalfag friends are usually busy but I'm happy when we do hang out
> Still hanging onto the fact that I'll get out of this stupid town and make another step towards actually transitioning

>> No.8639625

>>8639257
It literally means Saint John's plant though

>> No.8639824

I live in a small town. Decent sized comm with lots of potential. Our page is sort of dead due to slacker mod. Never really plans anything or seems to have a real interest in lolita. Seasoned Lolita from our comm started a new comm that sounded really nice, go to click link and it's been deleted. I was so excited at the thought of a new leader. She would do a much better job. I just hope she's tweaking the page, and then it will be back. I'm tired of being in such a lame comm because a mod can't get her shit together.

>> No.8639852

>>8634002

I just got into hetalia after watching the English dub (which it's fucking gold, btw.)
Only to realize it's dead and the only people left are crazy weebs and niche tumblrinas. ):

>> No.8640306

>>8638737
Google serotonin syndrome, that's the big one. Taking St John's Wort on its own has a low chance of causing it, the problem comes when people are prescribed antidepressants but don't tell their doctor they're taking SJW because "it's just a supplement!" and end up overloading their body with serotonin.

>> No.8640315

>>8639852
It's actually got a 6th season going, but yeah, the fandom is dead outside of Tumblr.

>> No.8640373
File: 18 KB, 300x262, ter5.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8639369

>> No.8640563

>>8640315

It sucks even more because the general direction that fanfiction and art take have changed directions a lot in the past few years. Hetalia stuff is mostly in the old fashion, which uses shitty anime tropes and stuff.

>> No.8640593

>>8637790
Hey anon, me too! I'm >>8637479, I agree completely. It also really sucks when social justicey types fetishize you to the point where they only want to be friends with you because you're trans and not because they like you as a person. I go to a really social justicey college and I have to be stealth just so that people treat me as a person instead of just wanting to have a trans friend.

>> No.8640596

>>8637763
Nah, /lgbt/ and /v/ hate MtFs, /cgl/ is honestly the most accepting place I've seen on 4chan in terms of trans stuff.

>> No.8640609

>>8639824
Why don't you just plan a meet instead of expecting others to do it? Sounds like your comm is dead because everyone is so lazy. You don't need to be a mod to make a meet.

>> No.8640619

>>8640563
I used to be so deep into Hetalia.. I ended up 'leaving' the fandom during time Himaruya straight up disappeared off the internet.

Still have the first Arte Stella artbook, mint condition with all the cards, stickers and posters. Was young and ended up getting someone to order it for me because I didn't have paypal back then. Good memories.

>> No.8640624

>>8639625
Where I live a wort is most certainly not a plant

>> No.8640634

>>8639422
>>8637790
>>8635450
Honestly, I'm so happy other trans people feel the same way. I always felt like an asshole contrarian for being annoyed at tumblrinas for being the way they are. How do they think it's okay to whinge about cultural appropriation, but they appropriate legitimate trans people's lives by pretending to be trans? It's fucking disrespectful, so many trans people die trying to be who they are and here come these idealistic tumblrinas who think it's a cute little thing to wear on your sleeve when in many places it can get you killed. Also, I've noticed only 13-16 year old upper class white girls exhibit transtrender behaviour for the most part. My theory is that they go on tumblr too much and realize how privileged they are and instead of doing something constructive, they just want to have something to offset how good of a position they're in and to supplement their bitching on tumblr. Anyways ranting aside, I'm just really happy other people in my position feel the way that I do. I felt alone until I read this thread. Thanks, guys.

>> No.8640643

>>8640634
It's definitely that they're looking for ways to feel oppressed. If you're middle class and white, there's a few straws you can grab from feminism, but they ultimately need something to complain about.

>> No.8640645

Why do so many dumb cunts constantly talk shit about people's coords when they don't have a single coordinate themselves?

I can name quite a few people who are members of my comm's Facebook page but have never gone to a meet and don't even have their own lolita items, but I know for a fact they're the ones who post comm photos and post nasty shit about members.

I guess it's easy to anonymously and safely sit on the sidelines and talk shit. I just don't understand how someone can devote so many of their waking hours to being nasty when, if they had hobbies, they could be devoting every single minute of their lives into that hobby/interest instead...

>> No.8640647

>>8640634
>My theory is that they go on tumblr too much and realize how privileged they are and instead of doing something constructive, they just want to have something to offset how good of a position they're in and to supplement their bitching on tumblr
That's exactly it. Your SJW opinions mean nothing if you're not ~~oppressed~~ yourself, and it's easiest to fake gender and sexuality.

I'm wondering if the reason they shit on actual trans people so much, aside from jealousy, is because they can't handle that actual trans people don't have green undercuts and cheek piercings and are constantly preaching feminism.

Sage, although this is a thing you see at conventions sometimes.

>> No.8640671

>>8640624
I think you're thinking of wart, the skin growth. Wort is a plant or a part of brewing.

>> No.8640720

>>8640634
I'm in the camp where I think it's okay for people to experiment with their gender identity and all, I just wish they had a different name for it than trans, since they clutter the trans dialog with their shit that isn't relevant to most trans people. If this continues "trans" will no longer be a person who was born as the incorrect sex but will become a blanket term for people who just use different pronouns.

>> No.8640764

>>8640720
>"trans" will no longer be a person who was born as the incorrect sex but will become a blanket term for people who just use different pronouns.
That's pretty much how it's already used, though. Anything that isn't cis is trans.
I don't mind it being used as a blanket, personally, but if you're experimenting, you shouldn't call yourself trans.

>> No.8640783

>>8639237
Thats in increeeeedibly high amounts of C in the body.

Like the thing where carrots turn your skin orange. Shitload of carrots.

You'd have to eat Vit C foods and many C supplements to get the negative effects.

>> No.8640820

>>8639237

Bro you need to have impaired kidney function and eat Vitamin C like a madman to get those side effects. To be completely fair, there's a significant portion of the population (the elderly in particular) who you would need to take these precautions in, but you can't just go throwing around "well there are side effects to everything!" There's also context to these side effects.

The thing I don't like about St. John's wort is that it interferes with even basic OTC medications such as benadryl. Sure, for the homeopathy hippie this won't be an issue, but for the rest of us who don't think much of taking OTC meds, this can be a dangerous combination.

>> No.8640850

>>8640609
>No.8640609
I and others do actively plan meet ups, its hard to explain, but the group is badly managed.

>> No.8640914

>>8639132
kek

>> No.8640923

>>8638061
Link? I gotta show my mom this. She takes every word he says as gospel truth.

>> No.8640935

>>8640306
> mfw I read that as people taking social justice warriors as a supplement and not telling their doctors about it

>> No.8641029

>>8637688
Don't feel bad, being skinnyfat I at least know the unhealthy habits and weight will catch up with me if I don't get active asap. Try roller derby, your weight can be thrown around to your advantage.

>> No.8641243

>>8640935
Also something to be avoided.

>> No.8642674

If you are so poor that you say you basically live in poverty, stop going to cons. You complain over and over about how poor you are but go to at least a con a month, most out of your state. And leech off everyone. It's disgusting and I hate to see how her friends support her behavior

>> No.8642708

>>8642674
I'm not American but from what I've read so far, going to cons in the US seems super expensive compared to what I'm used to. I only go to local cons myself because of time and money, I can't imagine how stupid people can be to go to big cons, get a hotel room, transportation by car or plan, it seems so insane.

>> No.8642746

>>8642708
In her case she leeches off of everyone, begging for hotel spaces, getting comp badges etc.

>> No.8643331

>>8640820
>don't think much of taking OTC meds

That's just a different side of the "It's natural, it's good for you" coin.

So many people think it's OTC, it's safe, which is dangerous in itself.

>> No.8643359

>>8642708

The booking cars/flights/etc is because our country is fucking *massive*. "Local" to us generally means within a two hour trip.

>> No.8643360

>>8643331

Where have I said OTC meds are safe? I don't think they're safe either particularly in the large amounts that US tylenol contains. I'm just saying St. John's wort interacts with a lot of them. And many people don't seem to be aware of that and assume it's safe with everything.

>> No.8643435

>>8640671
I'm fucking stupid

>> No.8645429

/cgl/ is way too nice nowadays. I want more bashing, more bitchiness, and more salt. Anytime someone is even slightly mean about a lolita coord or a cosplay that's not straight up disgustingly terrible to the point that anyone who isn't blind would cringe and cry, a million people call vendetta. C'mon gulls, this is 4chan, niceness is boring and it's what we have tumblr and reddit for.

>> No.8645438

>>8645429
lmao you edgy newfag
Sorry there isn't as much cyberbullying as you were promised. This is a discussion board, not a salty-lolita-revenge board.

>> No.8645449

>>8645438
I've been here since 2009 dumbass. We used to be a lot fucking meaner and it was waaay more fun.

>> No.8645560

I sold this dress to a girl 1.5 weeks ago, and have kept constant contact with her since then. My TOS states that I ship within two weeks (though I usually ship within one). Despite this the buyer started a paypal claim against me. I can dispel the pp claim with the tracking number (since I shipped the dress out today) easily, but I'm not sure what to do about feedback? I'm pretty sure that she's going to try and leave me bad feedback, but my TOS does say 2 weeks.. Should I leave bad feedback as well?

>> No.8645567

>>8645560
Contact her and remind her of your TOS, and let her know that unfortunately due to her jumping the gun on a dispute you will have to leave her negative feedback. If she tries to do it to you then get in touch with LM mods.

>> No.8645577

>>8645429
To be fair, the drama threads attracted people who aren't even into the hobby, which caused a lot of off-topic threads.

>> No.8645604

>>8645429
Personally I think such bitchiness is just lazy. I'd rather discuss real disgusting shit, not shittalk someone's shoes for half a thread.

>> No.8646053
File: 39 KB, 843x477, 11393235_996661780352418_8787650513527815006_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8632393
>Try to push my friends who like it into Lolita
>Finally sort of works 8 months later
>Friend wants to go to a school dance or something in Lolita, asks me for help
>lol okay
>Budget is higher than most newbies, I can work with this
>Working very hard to determine what she wants, figure out it's old school sweet
>Alright I got this
>Send her multiple links over the next few days
>no response
>finally get to her in person
>"oh anon i didnt open any of the links but i bet they were mega kawaii"
>yeah, but-
>"i just bought something off spreepicky!! :D"
>start to scream internally
>why even ask me if you're just gonna buy other stuff anyway!?

>mfw i was sending her dresses less than $100 on lm
>mfw her budget was $200
>mfw even after warning against milanoo and amazon she still paid for overpriced taobao crap
They're all pic related.

>> No.8647040

Goddamn, I shouldn't have followed rl friends on tumblr because they won't stop trying to post in English even though it's not their first language and their English is so bad. Even I post in my first language despite being able to make full sentence that make sense in English. Also, I hope they won't cosplay today because they're really bad at this and have bad ideas (sexy/kawaii genderbent bullshit, etc.). I love them but they always make me cringe.

>> No.8647644

Some of my lolita friends have just got into the spoon theory thing and now are using as an excuse for everything... Goddamnit.

>> No.8647655

>>8647644
I fucking hate this thing, I have a friend who legit uses it due to physical limitations so she doesn't push herself and cause her to be bedridden for the next few days

>> No.8647698
File: 1.55 MB, 400x225, pls i want to leef.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>live with bf and his parents
>order first lolita items
>waiting for last package to arrive
>17track says it's going to be delivered TODAY
>TODAY
>today is bf's cousin's birthday
>everyone is at our house
>package arrives
>everyone urges me to open it
>stall
>they all get distracted except for bf's mom who knows about lolita but only as 'dolly style'
>luckily package only contains cardigan, normalish cutsew and platform mjs
>quickly show her
>she tells me she wants to see me all done up
>ramble a little bit about lolita
>see family members coming towards us
>ask me what I got
>"clothes"
>'let's see!'
>"uh..." then walk upstairs
>they all laugh 'OH anon!'

I'm lucky that in this family they find my social retardation and anxiety endearing. Thinking about it now, the entire family knows of my obsession with Hello Kitty and Monster High so I suppose lolita wouldn't be too much of a shock.

>> No.8647707

>>8647655
Yes exactly! Like I know people who legitimately need something like this but then there are made to look like they are hopping on a bandwagon cos everyone is hopping on the bandwagon. Infuriates me.

>> No.8647722

Sometimes I'm really happy that it isn't so weird to be a bit socially off at conventions.
Some people tend to urge me to always tell people I have Aspergers when I meet them, or the opposite and never tell them. But at conventions nobody even bats an eye at being a bit awkward and that makes me happy.

That said, the whole socially awkwardness in the anime community does come with a downside that pisses me off; every single 14 year old with little friends think they're sooo autistic. Obviously self-diagnosed because meanie doctors just don't understand their non-neurotypical ways. Sometimes they feel like they don't fit in so they think they must have autism without realizing that it isn't a cute quirky thing.
I can't wait for this trend to end.

>> No.8647777
File: 363 KB, 1600x900, 328112.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Friend ask for concrit on her "baby's 1st coord"
>ok!
>MLP shirt, ruffled plaid skirt, creepers, and a GIANT ribbon on her head
>plus lots of glitter
>ohgodwhy.jpg
>told her , politely, just maybe, in my opeinion, maybe would look better... use a longer skirt, with a petticoat under (or some skirts under if you don't have one), switch the shirt for a blouse, wear some cute shoes , try to avoid sneakers or creepers and try some smaller bows
>I knew was a lost case, I just tried to make it at least remotely decent
>She prelied to me:
>"WHHHHHATT!!!11!! so you come to my photo just to insult me?????? lol u bitch, I'm not an spoiled brat like you!!!!!! I have to buy my own burando!!!! you're so cruel, why you did this to me!!??? ;-; " (etc)
> mfw I'm 20 , I study at unniversity and I have a partal job so I can afford my dresses . She's 25 left studies and don't work.
>She sent all her friends to all people who gave her concrit (as she asked)
>Call her a bitch and block her.
>I quick out off my comm, we don't want crazy brats like her

>> No.8647838

>>8632393
>"Oh no I can't wear Japanese clothing I'm white!"

Who gives a shit. You're just playing a character. No one's gonna give a damn except for some whiny runts. Pretty sure you don't want to be a whiny runt.

>> No.8647845

>tfw no one to couple cosplay with

Never done it before, maybe I never will. But it's in the back of my mind, and I really want to, but I haven't found anyone who even likes me to begin with, let alone couple cosplay with me.

>> No.8647848

>>8647707
Mfw I prefer it when people say
> I'm sorry I can't come to the meet, I'm just not feeling up to it. I'll be at the next one!
Rather than
>weh! I don't have enough spoons for the meet tonight!

>> No.8647856

People have to put up a front, I get that, but I would much rather prefer people be honest. Less of
>"Oh yeah, you can be my friend, come talk to me any time!"
and more of,
>"I will be busy, but if you see me, feel free to say hi or take a picture."

>> No.8647861
File: 296 KB, 378x369, 1342233892107.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8647838
Literally only in America.

>> No.8647863

>>8647856
if you say the latter you'll be labelled a bitch and people will be asking themselves what your problem is.

>> No.8647874

>>8647861
Literally a heritagefag's way of saying
>BAWW stop copying the only thing that makes me feel special! I have no actual culture so I'm gonna whine about a random piece of apparel being ~appropriated~!
Lmao

>> No.8647933

>>8647863
But it's honest. Some people are honestly busy running around at cons, doing photoshoots, hanging out with their friends. What's wrong with that? I'm basically saying I have a problem with people who act like they're friends with everyone and that they're easy to talk to and befriend when they really aren't.

>> No.8647935

>>8634027
maybe because guys with fat fetishes are creepy as fuck?

>> No.8647945

>>8637484
>genderqueer
ffs

>> No.8647972

>>8647861
:(

>> No.8647974

>>8647874
Are you sure about that?

>> No.8647989
File: 893 KB, 500x243, tumblr_n5jrmipiAk1r01cj8o2_500.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I got banned from my lolita comm.
literally because I told a girl who told me that she didn't want to by my friend, that it was fine I don't want to be her friend either.

I'm so livid. this he said she said bullshit with no screen caps is the worst.

>> No.8647994

>>8647989
did she say why she didn't want to be friends?

>> No.8648003

If everyone in HLC just died Oregon style, the Lolita community would be a better place.

>> No.8648017

>>8647994
because of some shit that had nothing to do with me. its not bad that she doesnt want to be friends. its bad that im being kicked out because I said okay, thats fine we arent friends.

>> No.8648029

I'm pissed about my shoulders.
They look nice proportionally in normie clothes or even /fa/ shit, but in Lolita they're totally incongruous with the rest of my measurements. I got stuck in a dress today because of my damn triangle body and it was legitimately scary.

>> No.8648138

>>8648017
name and shame

>> No.8648179

>>8648029
I feel you anon. I'm a girl with broad shoulders and it sucks ass.

>> No.8648215
File: 12 KB, 446x412, motherfucker.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>found dress ive wanted
>not in preferred colorway but its cheap
>buy it, very happy, seller was great
>on lm today
>find the dress in preferred colorway with headbow
>cheaper than the one i just bought

>> No.8648225

>>8648215
sell the other one asap and ask for a hold payment

>> No.8648342
File: 9 KB, 177x244, 11880439_1468407050128642_1137355824_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'm so sick of living in this house with my mum's close minded asshole of a boyfriend. He's childish and quite literally acts like a teenage boy going through puberty. I feel like my mum's sick of him too, but he has MS and is pretty much a cripple now, so she has this internal struggle of ditching him for her own happiness, or not living with the heavy guilt of leaving a cripple to be all alone. I feel really sorry for her because she's lost all freedom she used to have.

>45°F in the house, and despite the fact that I pay to stay here, I got bitched out for putting the heating on because it's wasting money.
>literally 30 minutes earlier he gambled away £25 on a shitty online monopoly slot machine game.
>ended up going to sleep wearing a coat, two duvets, two blankets and a hot water bottle.
>wake up to my mum going ape shit at him that she can't live how she used to and always has to ask permission to do normal things like putting the tumble dryer on, mentions his gambling and wasting money
>out of nowhere he brings me into it
>"If you want to bitch about wasting money, go yell at your daughter for blowing cash on stupid dresses she never wears"

Living here I feel like I'm not allowed to enjoy anything.

[1/2]

>> No.8648347

>>8648342
On another note involving this asshole

>promised that I'd be allowed to have my bedroom redecorated, my mum, nan and my mum's bf would buy me furniture as an early christmas present so long as I buy all the other pieces.
>need fitted wardrobes because my room is tiny and her bf's son has the bigger room, despite only staying here three days each month
>find something I like and my mum likes, really happy with the plans, she's totally cool with it and a little jealous her room doesn't look like it
>he suddenly doesn't want me to have it and says he'll decide what my bedroom will be like, wants me to have ikea flatpack shit which will no way be able to fit all my things in
>gives his spoilt son a £3k budget for his room despite never being here
>both me and my mum are pissed
>also already made a massive taobao order for cute room stuff since my mum was happy with my wants

I'm more annoyed at the principle that he can change his mind like the wind. I probably sound very ungrateful, but this has been a plan before I moved house, because I went from a fairly large bedroom to a box that's difficult to fit more than two pieces of furniture in. The reason we moved was so my mum could look after him. I have boxes piled up everywhere (been here for 3 months so far), nowhere to put my clothes hardly, and it's miserable having to come back to this room every day. I've even offered to pay for everything myself because I'm sick of staying here, but he doesn't want people working in the house while he's planning for his new conservatory. I wish moving out was an option.

>> No.8648351

>>8648347
christ, that sounds fucking awful. I'm so sorry, anon. I'd say I hope things get better but seems like the situation is pretty stuck. Why exactly does he get a say in your room if he is just a boyfriend? like does he pay the bills or something? that's so ridiculous, makes me really sad and angry to hear

>> No.8648352

>>8648342
>>8648347
>getting pushed around by someone who has MS
>shoehorning lolita into the story so you can basically complain that your mom is a complete retard

only fucking idiots feel guilty about assholes with disabilities.

>> No.8648355

>>8648347

Drug him. A shitload of sedatives should chillax him. Also infect his computer with a primitive virus and make sure he can't pay for anything online anymore.

He's a selfish lunatic and a waste of air, just engage in secret warfare. No guilt!

>> No.8648358

>>8648352
I don't think anon's mom is much of the problem from the story, sounded like it was almost all the boyfriend.

>> No.8648362

>>8648352
My mum's just soft and feels sorry for him. Her whole life revolves around him now pretty much. She gets carers allowance for it, so that's nice I guess.
I hope you weren't on about me who thinks my mother is retarded. I love her to bits and don't think that of her. I pay for my dresses out of my own money so he shouldn't even be able to complain about it.

>>8648351
It was his house, but because his condition was worsening, my mum offered to move in and so we sold our own house. However my mum's name is on the mortgage for the place we stay at now, so it's hers and his house now. We all pay the bills, which is the most annoying part, because despite me and my mother contributing to paying for the bills, he still complains if we use hot water or the heating.

>> No.8648364

>>8648358
>>8648362
no, i just think she needs to wise up and leave, disability or not, abusive relationships are no joke. I mean, I guess he's going to die soon(ish) so you'll have money and be happy eventually but it doesn't seem worth it.

>> No.8648368

>>8648362
My fucking god, he really sounds like a total child. She should really just leave him. Being romantically lonely with a nice daughter seems a lot better than babysitting a selfish asshole. She should have more self-respect; she sounds like a nice lady. Tell her to find proper love and maybe help her out if you can? Anything better than him, it sounds like he is using her.

>> No.8648370

>>8648364
I think she needs to as well. We have a little pony that we look after and when we go to the stables it's really the only time alone I get with her. I tell her all the time that she needs to do something about it instead of being a doormat for him. It really pains me to see how she's treated. My actual biological dad was physically abusive, and she put up with that for years. Eventually he left to live down south, and my mum got some freedom. Minus the physical abuse, it's horrible to see that she's landed back into the problem that she once got away from.

>> No.8648374

I keep seeing super cute leggings but I hate that weird plastic/shiny fabric they're made out of.
Where's the soft cotton or flannel pajama fabric pants?

>> No.8648387

>>8648342
>>8648347
I should also mention he's homophobic, racist, super judgmental, believes mental disorders can easily be dealt with, and all that stuff.

I struggled with anxiety for some years and saw a therapist about it and now I'm better to some degree! However before I got it and would have breakdowns about going outside, he'd call me out on being a little bitch and that I was doing it for attention, that my condition wasn't a real thing and I should be more mindful of people with actual problems.

You'd think somebody with MS would be considerate of others with medical conditions because they know firsthand on how horrible they can be, but nope.

>> No.8648401

>>8648387

He's always going to be a complete piece of shit. You need to find a way to subdue him if you can't leave that house.

>> No.8648430

>>8645429
Last time I tried I got banned.

>> No.8648440

>hold a torch for a girl for approx 3 years
>"i'm not ready for a long distance relationship, but i want to be with you"
>ok
>wait until i'm out of boot camp, out of school, and at my permanent duty station
>"hey anon, we should get together. i'm ready"
>mfw.jpg
>date for a little while, go home on leave
>"i found out you don't have complete control over where you get stationed, and i can't handle it, so we have to break up"
>i'm on leave
>i'm on leave
>I'M ON FUCKING LEAVE

motherfuckers i don't think you understand how important the only break i get is, why the fuck would you break up with someone while they're on leave? why? like i get it if you can't handle it, if you think that the uncertainty of a duty station is too much, but couldn't you have waited until i made it back over the ocean to tell me?
>inb4 "well she wanted to do it in person"
she messaged me while literally sitting right next to me. she started to cry and i held her hand

>> No.8648460

>>8632618
>/r9k/ or /fit/ posts here like "hi I'm a lonely 27 year old neckbeard hoping to get laid by a qt cosplay girl. any takers?"
Fucking hell, people do that?
/r9k/ I guess makes sense but I thought /fit/ was better than that.

>> No.8648509

Why do people insist on breaking down every tiny part of their outfit all the way down to the fucking hair elastics if everything but the main piece is just thrifted loliables? I don't care that your blouse is from Charlotte Russe and your shoes came from Kohl's and your cat is wearing a collar from PetsMart, just focus on the parts that are actually lolita.

>> No.8648510

>>8648509
losers think looking good is quantity over quality

>> No.8648514

>>8648440
As A military wife, let her go. For people that come out and say "I can't handle it" when faced with temporary long distance…they're gonna cheat 90% of the time. Don't waste your life on her. Find someone who is prepared to stay mentally stable while being away from you for more than 5 minutes.

>> No.8648527

>>8648514
you'd think after ~3 years of long distance friendship she'd know a little of what it was like, but i guess not. it just fucked me up that she was so inconsiderate to do that while i was on leave, and not even say the words to me while i was sitting right there...
but you're actually totally right anon. i was hanging out with her on a lil date and she says "hey you wanna bring other people into the relationship?" bitch we only just saw each other in person for the first time since we've been dating, i've just gotten home from deployment, and we've only been together for a few months???? what the fuck wha t eh fukc i just have to cut all ties because i can't have that stress in my life tbh

>> No.8648533

>>8648509

Some lolitas started listing them because they started getting questions about where certain items are from. It's tough to find an offbrand loliable blouse, so if it's a mainstream brand with more than one size available, girls will want in on that. The itas are probably just copying that.

>> No.8648535
File: 155 KB, 505x315, 1313671753659.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8634265
I like the way you think, anon

>> No.8648768

>>8648527
jesus christ, that sucks anon.. at least you found out sooner than later. still, what a cunt.
hope you find a cute lady for yourself.

>> No.8648817

>>8648514
>"For people that come out and say "I can't handle it" when faced with temporary long distance…they're gonna cheat 90% of the time."
>mfw bf did this
>broke my goddamn heart
>on a "break"
>but it has been 4 months and he hasn't cheated
>know this for sure because I'm good friends with his incredibly gossipy mother, best friend and know someone else who works with him
>praying to fucking god it stays like this until february when I can move to be with him
>never doubted him for a second the two years we were together, never gave me any reason to doubt him
>wonder why I care about someone who may or may not cheat on me so much
>fuck my life
>pray for me anons

>> No.8648838

>Dream dress finally appears
>0 Bids
>Am the only bid for 2 whole days
>Thinks I will finally have my dream dress
>7 hours left, goes to sleep because 1am and timezones
>wakes up
>7 bids, I lost
>I am actually crying, I should have woken up earlier or bid more
>I'm a fucking idiot

I feel so bad I know I'm gonna go buy other shit to make myself feel better. That was my only dream dress I ever had and now I lost it because I was a cheap shit idiot.

>> No.8648862

>>8648387
I'm sure you could arrange for him to have a little "accident."

>> No.8648893

>>8648838
I'm so sorry, anon.
Buy a bunch of cute shit, and better luck next time it pops up.

>> No.8648981

>>8648838
I'm so sorry, anon. :( What was the dress? I hope you get another chance someday soon...

>> No.8649543
File: 243 KB, 400x400, ryH7hyQT_400x400.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>applying for jobs like crazy so I can have experience and afford cosplay/cons/shit for ita bag
>get no callbacks
>want a job for job experience,can't get a job without job experience

>> No.8649555

>>8649543
Are you me? Even when I put bullshit on my resume I can t get a basic part time job (like babysittingfor example because I take care of my sisters a lot)

>> No.8649557

>>8649543
i know the feel.

>> No.8649562

>>8649543
Same here, except in one case I almost got the job, they just needed my classes schedule as soon as possible.
In the end I didn't get the job because my uni for some reason decided to be too late with giving them out so they had already hired someone else by that time.

>> No.8649570

>>8649543
Lol. So many people complain about not being able to get a job because they don't have any job experience, saying "how am I supposed to get experience when I can't get a job without experience waaah"

Simple solution. VOLUNTEER. There's a reason teachers and (good) parents advise kids to volunteer, that's how you get job experience. Preferably do this before you've graduated high school and NEED a job.

>> No.8649582

>>8649570
Thank you Captain Hindsight, I'll remember that when I learn to time travel

>> No.8649589

>>8648029
my head gets stuck in my blouses
>tfw big head betty

>> No.8649598

>>8649570
>I've done volunteer work tho
Honestly, sometimes volunteer work is not enough

>> No.8649618

>>8649570
Sure thing anon, just let me go back in time a few years.

It would help me in another way as well, since everyone here wants to hire 16 or even 15 year olds and once you hit 18 it's though shit.

>> No.8649619

>>8647989
Hi. I know who you are.

I told you I didn't want to be friends on Facebook very politely and that I would like to get to know you in person in order to have more privacy. I made this very clear. I told you this because my family member had been shot and died, and I was reading a lot of offensive things from random people on my list pertaining to it.

I didn't know you personally, yet you told me I'm antisocial and that I don't spend time with my boyfriend just because I didn't want to be your Facebook friend after my family died. That is insane. You insisted it was about you when it wasn't.
Why would I be required to befriend you after that?

And yes, we saw your 12 am status bragging about happy you were to "surpass" my boyfriend and I, even though I had no idea I was in a relationship competition.

You're also blacklisted on lace market 5 times and made another account where you're gathering more negative feedback.

I'm sorry this had to happen this way.

>> No.8649624
File: 74 KB, 182x172, laffenghouls.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8647989
>>8648017
>>8649619

>> No.8649633

here's my daily bitch
>be me, fairly antisocial, very few rl friends
>get in touch with an old schoolmate at an event
>apparently my mum mentioned to him that I'm into anime
>anime festival is currently going on
>'anon-san! wanna go out to see kaguya tomorrow?'
>ohgodfuckno.jpg
>agree to go to be nice, also I'm lonely
>leave early because some other events are happening
>go through the shitty flea market and japanese lesson with him
>'anon-sama!! you are kawaii desu'
>eventually get to the movie, it's fucking amazing but he keeps trying to talk to me through it
>tear up slightly at the ending, have to pretend I'm fine
>he tries to send me home despite me obviously shutting him out
>'that was fun, anon-san! wanna do something like this again?'
>no, no I don't

>> No.8649636

>>8649582
Because suddenly you can't volunteer? It's still an option brah. If you continue to have no luck getting jobs I'd look into it. Zoos, aquariums, museums, all those places love volunteers.

>> No.8649643

>>8649618
see my reply >>8649636

>>8649598
Maybe you're not looking in the right places? Look on craigslist. Tons of people snub CL and don't look there, but I've gotten like 80% of my jobs from craigslist and I'm not talking about weird sex work or anything

>> No.8649651

>>8649636
>Zoos, aquariums, museums
>tfw none of those near me

>>8649643
>tfw no active craigslist like feature in your country

>> No.8649663

>>8649643
>craigslist
hmm I'll consider that
I've only used job monster and snagajob
Thanks for the tip, anon

>> No.8649664
File: 126 KB, 240x173, puppycatkiss.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8648838
Same here, anon.
>sees auction for dream dress
>3 days left
>places max bid more than double starting bid to make sure I get the dress (started less than 200, bid 400)
>only a few bids trickle in, nothing even close to my max
>falls asleep
>wakes up to find someone passed my max bid by five fucking dollars
We can cry together

>> No.8649666

>>8649633
also
>considering going to only con in my country, once a year event
>don't want to go because I have no one to hang out with, also price
>friend suggests volunteering, I'm a year too young to be allowed
>fml.avi

in non-cgl and feels (you can ignore this part, I know I'm going offtopic, sorry), I still feel guilty about leaving my ex for someone I met through him (yes, I know it's an absolute bitch move) and I can't do anything to try to make amends with him. I'm also completely shutting down from school, abusing sick days (making one morning of feeling meh into staying home for the rest of the week) and envying everyone else in my class who is getting asspats (shitty private school, only 3 other people in my class. 2 are asspatted ny the principal and one has weekly hour long meetings with the counselor. I'm apparently thought to be completely fine because I've somewhat come out of my shell over the last few years)

>> No.8649677

>>8649651
That sucks anon, sometimes there really is nothing you can do. I am pretty privileged to live near a metro area with tons of museums, a big zoo, and a big aquarium less than 30 minutes away. Also, most people around here are middle/upper middle class and give their kids tons of spending money so they don't bother getting jobs, which leads to a surplus of part-time work. I know any time my local friends complain about not being able to get a job that it's 100% their own fault because jobs are a-plenty in these parts.

>> No.8649683

>>8649663
Good luck! I've literally never gotten a job or even a call back from monster/snagajob, but I found my best job (aside from the one I have now which I found by looking on the actual company's career listings) on Craigslist when I was 18. It was an office job and I could basically come in any time of day I wanted and often got to take work home and do it from the comfort of my room. Still friends with the people I worked for.

>> No.8649685
File: 1.46 MB, 251x187, wubbalubaadubdub.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8649683
Oh, forgot to add, I was allowed to wear whatever to the office and sometimes wore lolita.

>> No.8649687

>>8649663
There's also http://servebartendcook.com/
It's all food and hospitality stuff, though.

>> No.8649690

>>8649677
It kind of sucks but I don't beat myself up over it since I honestly could be looking harder. It's just that the people of around my age I know that have jobs, either got it through family or their contracts got extended just before they turned 18.

I checked some sites that had jobs but it was either jobs with random locations you needed to travel to (think promotion type of jobs) or callcenters. The first type is an issue because I don't have a car and the second one is a job I refuse to ever do.

>> No.8649692
File: 18 KB, 293x361, 645689.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8649685
>>8649683
> I was allowed to wear whatever to the office and sometimes wore lolita.
This all sounds so cool, dang anon you're lucky!
I really hope I can score a job before december, again thank you for the tip!

>> No.8649697

>>8649690
Oh man yeah, I worked at a Call Center for a couple of months and it was hell. I think I'd rather strip than work at a call center... no, I'd definitely rather strip, and this is coming from someone who refuses to even take nudes for my bf. And I worked at a call center for a company that's supposed to be pretty decent to its employees.

Like I'll honestly never forget that a trainer literally threw her shoe at me, it was supposed to be funny but it very clearly was done with malice

>> No.8649707

>>8649697
Yeah and I hate the idea of having to call old people who are naive and will be able to get talked into a subscription for something they don't need.

It's legal scamming and I hate it.

>> No.8649732
File: 490 KB, 500x264, giphy3.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>friends with bestie since high school age
>we're both nearing 30 now
>her family is lower middle class, she's unemployed cause of health reasons
>doesn't earn any money herself but has $1000+ birthday/holiday money saved up

>invite her to out of state con
>she wants to go but bullshits about 100% confirming it
>two roomies confirm, room is at max with four people
>tell bestie she can't go because room owner doesn't like to room stuff
>two roomies drop out super close to con for legit reasons over job loss and sudden medical bills
>tell bestie there's still room for her now
>"No anon, I can't go. I spent my $1000+ saved up money on new electronics and stuff"
>okay that's cool, just thought I'd ask

>go to con
>bestie constantly whines on twitter about how "all my friends are at con while I'm stuck at home and I'm broke, parents are broke, and we can't even afford to buy soda this week"
>tune it out because she often complains about lack of money to buy things or how parents have no money to buy this or that

>come home from con
>buy a few cheap kawaii things on auction sites
>snag a cosplay item for $5 and post on twitter about it
>bestie replies to it "And you complain about money issues, Anon!"
>u wut mate
>suddenly pissed off but trying to be cool because it's my bestie
>ask them when was the last time I complained about money
>"Uh.. when you were buying stuff for the convention you just went to??"
>you mean the con where two roomies couldn't go so I had to pay $250 in room share fees?
>"Oh, I didn't know about the room situation, Anon! teehee"
>then what did you see me complaining about not having money for?
>"Oh you know the last six months has been a blur for me so I don't remember lol"

>try to ignore her and cool down
>inside raging because she's the one that does that shit, not me
>next day she tweets me again
>"Hey anon! Check out these Korean snack foods I got! I got ten of these ramens too!!"
>mfw

>> No.8649745

I don't know how to feel right now
>My cosplay came here, so I was super excited
>My best friend's mom was gunned down this week at school shooting
>Donated tons of money
>Dream dress pops up
> politely asks if they would do a payment plan, it's like $600
>'if you weren't poor, you could afford this'
> I'm sorry that my school had a mass shooting
>sell Lolita
>donate more money
>HL comes out
>I didn't really need it anyways
>met another Lolita in my town that I had never known about
>got a message on tumblr saying it should have been me that got shot

I'm a fucking wreck right now and I'm just pretending that everything is fine

This has all happened in like 4 days... I'm not okay. Why does the universe hate me?

>> No.8649756

>>8649745
Harden up, tumblr. No internet police can protect your feelings.

>> No.8649762

>>8649756
Her friend is dead and you're telling her to harden up? Kinda harsh

>> No.8649774

>>8649745
>why does the universe hate me?
It ain't about you, anon. That's what's dragging you down because you think "What'd I do to make ___ happen to me?" when it's not like that.

Turn anon off on Tumblr, cause it's just trolls trying to get a rise out of you. Stop donating money out of guilt. Be there for your best friend but remember it ain't about you so you're not obligated to feel super terrible/guilty over what happened. Go make plans with town-Lolita and hang out. Do something fun and treat yourself.

>> No.8649777

>>8649745
Anon I dunno if this will help you at all but

No one is out to get you. "Sorry my school had a mass shooting" - seriously? That has nothing to do with them not being willing to take a payment plan. If they actually made that comment, that was rude, but honestly this reads a bit like you're internalizing a victimized viewpoint. You're acting like you had no choice but to donate money, and like you deserved to be able to do a payment plan because you're such a Good Person.

If the universe hated you, it could have been YOUR mom who got shot. Or you. Jesus, what about your best friend? She must be really fucked up right now.

>> No.8649781

>>8649774
Thanks anon

>>8649777
I am unable to get a hold of my friend currently, so giving money is the only thing I feel I can do to help her pay for a pricey funeral and service.

I just feel awful and I don't know what to do, but thanks everyone

>> No.8649784

>>8649762
She doesnt have to get over her friend of a friend or whatever, but shes whining over internet bullies on tumblr.

I could send mean asks all day and tumblrinas still never close those ask boxes. They just want a reason.

>> No.8649791

>>8649570
>says the person who has always had a steady paid job and got their first job via connections

>> No.8649794

>>8649745
Anon I don't mean to be rude but I think if you're so shocked over your best friend's mom's murder, I think a $600 dress is the least of your worries.

>> No.8649799

>>8649732
why the fuck are you friends with someone like that?

>> No.8649809

>>8649794
I think they mentioned the dress so they could talk about the shit talk they got for asking about a payment plan.

>> No.8649835
File: 701 KB, 500x321, 1435309022980.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8649799
Simple answer.. she was the best friend I had in a dark time when we were in a friend-pack of older weeaboos. I'm talking we're 18-19 and they're mid 20's and yelling in broken Japanese and doing closet cosplays and making out in public with zero sense of inside voice or acceptable public behavior.

Once we split from the weeaboo pack we were pretty much all each other had and I just had blinders on because "muh only nearby friend I can hang out with" but now that I've moved nearly an hour away and haven't seen her in person for a few months, it's like everything she does grates on my nerves.

Flip-flopping over "oh I'm broke" to "hey look what I just bought!" and "Waah I can't go abroad for a year!" to "We're going to discuss me going abroad again!"

And endlessly tagging/tweeting me on stupid FB reblog posts that I don't give a fuck about. Like yes, that is a cute baby animal or funny post, just like the last five you've tagged me on today.

I don't want to get into a fight with her though or break up our friendship because we both work together at a convention and she helped me get my job there.. it's gonna be awkward as fuck if I have to work with her in the same department for four days straight with her pissed off at me for telling her to just shut up about her problems.

>> No.8649871

>>8649619
I know who you are too, and I never wanted to be your friend. You told me didn't want to be mine, and I said that was fine , I don't either and that could have been the end of it. I don't care that you don't want to be my friend on fb, I care because you called it harassment and played the victim saying you felt unsafe, when I never even threatened you or singled you out. I blocked you and that was the end of it. You are so insecure you felt the need to try and have me banned from the new comm on the grounds of harassment and unsafe behavior. Idk what the fuck you are talking about my fb status's for? They have nothing to do with you, and even if they did, get over it is my private page I am allowed to post whatever I want and unless it is specifically harassing or violent or their is proof that I am even referring to you, then you need to stop stalking peoples profiles looking for a reason to take offense. You're not sorry. and your reasons aren't just. this is obviously a personal vendetta that you cant let go. For god sakes we even had a meetup and I was cordial to you and your friend and didn't exclude you from the gift bags, you're the one who is proving you cant be mature and coexsist with someone doesn't even give a shit about you. I just wanted to be apart of the fashion. and don't act like you didn't post on the horror story thread about me and my boyfriend and how you think he is a creep. You've obviously been more upset by me then we could have ever been by you. Have fun with your power trip. That fb group is the only thing you'll ever be in charge of in life.

>> No.8649956

>>8634973
I'm so afraid this is me. I really do feel like strangers are always confusing me for a high school student but what if I'm just deluding myself because I'm probably also depressed and have low self esteem?

>> No.8650022

>>8634867
No.

>> No.8650027

>>8649762
Always harden up. The world is unkind, and bad things can and will happen to you. Have the strength to change what you can, the patience to accept what you can't change, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Hugbox sites won't tell you this, they'll tell you to accept the things you can change, try to change the things you can't, and to harass or ignore the people who point out the difference.

In any case, it is horrible that something bad happened to somebody close to you, but you have to pick your sword back up and live.

>> No.8650051

>>8649871
but why have you been blacklisted 5 times on lacemarket? seems pretty reasonable to ban scammers

>> No.8650073

I won't deny that I made a non-agressive vent on here a little bit ago. I said "he" so that nobody would inquire if it was you, which you posted up on your personal Facebook anyway and admit that you never tried to be kind to me. In our last conversation, you told me that you wanted to be my friend and you were sad it wouldn't work out because I apparently had something against you. i insisted I didnt, you insisted I did and from that point onwards and before made continuous agressive comments aimed towards me. Some on btb, others vaguer, the most recent one regarding my relationship which was enough. I tried to ask you politely about these comments and even apologized for offending you if I had, and you told me that you don't care about drama enough to respond, then posted publically about being excited to read behind the bows for your daily dose of salt.

Yes I am sorry, I don't hate you. I'm just disappointed that it had to come to this. I wouldn't consider myself in charge of much, but you're not going to accept a word of what I have to say. It's sad that I have to address you here, since you absolutely refused to talk to me. I tried to work things out, that's all I have to say.

>> No.8650112

>>8649835
Gotcha, that sucks, anon. Hopefully sometime you can just kinda cleanly drift away from her. The last thing anyone needs is that kind of stress. Just take care of yourself, gull

>> No.8650118

>>8649871
you sound like a psycho, anon.

>> No.8650121

>>8650112
Thanks anon. It's just nice to get it off my chest, you know? This is one of the few places she doesn't go so I can say it and not worry about her seeing it.

>> No.8650157

>>8637400
Wow I feel this. Sorry I'm not desperate as fuck but it's nice to get feedback when people genuinely like your stuff.

>> No.8650232

>>8649589
same, anon
so glad i am not alone

>> No.8650254

>>8649651
Animal shelters. Christian groups. Daycares.

>> No.8650268

>>8650051
I've only been banned due to non payment. I'm not proud of that. but I have never in my life scammed anyone. the other four times I was banned was due to just trying to make a new account. I'm not being banned due to scamming, this is about them claiming I am unsafe and that I harassed someone when I never did. You are delusional and I've never posted on btb let alone about you, and Ive never even referenced you? I told you none of my status's were about you and the fact that you assumed they were was so immature and out of line. I am excited about btb, but there have never even been secrets about you? and I've never said a word about you? Your literally making my fb status about you when they are not? I would have talked to you, I would have even been polite but instead of just leaving me alone you felt the need to have me removed from a comm. I feel sorry that you honestly have spent months analyzing every status I make just hoping to take offense. You didn't try and work things out, you complained about me and told others I harassed you.

>> No.8650336

>>8650073
>getting mad at someone allegedly posting about you on their personal page.
>accuse them of harassment for allegedly posting about you on btb,(no secrets were even about you) and use it as grounds to ban them.

>>admits to posting about them to a horror story thread and calling them a creep.

You're a hypocrite

>> No.8650348

>>8650336
Maybe she's acting irrationally because a family member recently died?
The other Anon sounds aspie as fuck too. I can totally get it and sympathize since I've been in the same spot too but geez... Can we cut the girl some slack for grieving?

>> No.8650585

>>8650268
Let me clarify, you didn't post secrets about me. You did insult me on a secrets post regarding our comm. Sorry for not clarifying.

I went to you and you told me you're not interested in reading long-winded responses about things you don't care about. You couldve clarified things there if you really hadn't been trying to insult me, any rational person could've told me I was mistaken when I outright asked them.

You already have a new lace market account where you've already not paid. How is it "just" for nonpayment? Do you not consider the feelings of the seller when you just abruptly stop responding? Just because you think it's not a big deal that you irresponsibly buy something then decide you don't want it over 5 times doesn't mean it isn't.

I have saved our conversation from the day that your responses were so awkwardly phrased towards me, and your comments like "your antisocial behavior will be met accordingly", don't exactly sound so nice and accepting like you claim you were. I'd try to get you to clarify things, then you'd tell me you were too busy trying to "raise a family" to respond.

So many of your comments were disturbing, many of us saw your one where you called your own boyfriend useless and claimed to be moving away, you obviously see something odd about these comments if you delete them yourself afterwards. You can't talk to me like that, say vague things afterwards and then expect me to ignore it.

I didn't have to consistently view your Facebook to find out about these things.

>> No.8650587

>>8650336
For the record, I never called them a creep. I don't care at all about anon'a boyfriend seeing as we've never even spoken.

>> No.8650589

>>8645429
Are you talking about ATLcomm?

>> No.8650592
File: 2.97 MB, 245x245, 1438255755761.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8632393
I'm embarrassed of myself. I recently got into cosplay for cons, as such only recently came to /cgl/ for shit. I've probably done about 4 cosplays, and all of them are garbage, kind of stuff you'd see in cringe threads. It's not something that makes me want to stop, I want to keep trying to maybe get better, but I feel like at my rate, for years it'll be shit before I do something that wouldn't be posted in a bad cosplay thread.

>> No.8650630

>>8650592
Perhaps it's different than cosplay, but when I first started doing digital art I practiced for hours at a time every day. It's been about a month and I've become so much better. If you have the funds, buy cheap shitty fabric and practice with those. Study tutorials. Make a dressmakers doll or buy one. Just practice every day and try not to get discouraged.

>> No.8650636

Tired of the same circle jerk commenters on Lolita Updates chatting about the same shit every AP release. There's the ita who always complains about not getting it. The brandwhore who has to critique the release. The humble bragger who got two. The dumbass who broke the rules and feels entitled to a dress. etc. etc. The comments section shouldn't be clogged up with this shit. I wish the comm rules would be stricter about what's allowed. Useful posts only. This isn't your chatroom/blog. GTFO

>> No.8650658

>>8650268
That sounds suspicious as fuck. Banned FOUR times for trying to create a new account? Lacemarket isn't easy to get banned on unless you are pulling some very shady, irresponsible shenanigans. And they rarely ban for the first offense. Being a mod in a SoCal comm, if I happened across that info on someone in my community I would be dealing with it the same way. Even without the drama.

>> No.8650671

>>8650268
If it makes you feel any better, your ban was primarily due to being banned so many times on LM, but making a new account anyways where you are still not paying for the things you purchase. Had it just been your passive agressive behavior, it wouldn't have warranted a ban. It just really doesn't look good added on, though I find it strange that you're trying to say you were banned because I told you I didn't want to be your friend. I told you I wasn't obligated to add you on Facebook because I didn't know you after you told me that my family members death was irrelevant to you the day after he died, but you insisted you weren't a stranger because we were in the same fashion. I suggested once that maybe our personalities were just incompatible and that we may not be able to be close but we could still happily socialize, but you were the one who fought me on that and insisted otherwise. This conversation of "we mutually decided to not be friends" never actually happened. You blocked me after I asked you why you randomly assumed that I never hung out with my friends or boyfriend, which was really not something you could know at all. You were basically trying to tear into me for not wanting to be friends with you on Facebook.

>> No.8650731

>>8650671
For the last time. I never cared that you didn't want to by my friend after that day I blocked you and it out of my mind. I was told by the mods I was banned due to unsafe behavior and harassment, which I never did. You claiming I have bullied you, when I never did. I didnt take the time to soothe your insecurities when you got mad over my fb status's because I didnt like you, and I still dont. Its not a crime, but I never harassed you or posted about you regardless and you making it seem like you've been victimized is ridiculous. I've been nothing but honest about my lacemarket history, and it was never a problem before, this isn't about that. MY boyfriend was also banned for no reason, it is a vendetta.

>> No.8650734

>>8650348
not when she is trying to bully another person of a lolita comm.

>> No.8650738

>>8650671
Its been pretty obvious that you were saving and using every single thing I said against me, so why would I keep talking to someone who deleted me? i blocked you, its normal. And how I treat my boyfriend and my status which you obviously stalk are still not about you? I delete a lot because I don't like feeling like I spam with unnecessary posts, so if i post too much I delete it, that is not a crime. Stop trying to use irrelevant information to this to try and make me look bad, its really transparent.

>> No.8650759

>>8648460
A lot of people that browse /fit/ don't browse many, if any, other boards.
The ones that come here most often are (but not always) thirsty betas who tried lifting for once in their life and now have an undeserved sense of self worth along with an over-inflated ego, seeking validation from the only female majority board.

Actual /fit/ posters are either tripfags or anons giving advice in threads relating to bodytypes/getting in shape. You can spot the former pretty easily since they love to announce they're from /fit/ as if it were a member's club.

>> No.8650792

>>8650731
You're the one who said that you wanted to be my friend throughout our conversation history multiple times, which is why I tried to smooth things over. Now you're here claiming the opposite, and that you've never even tried to be nice to me? If what you're claiming is true, you wouldve left it alone when I suggested we have differing personalities and you would've done so politely. Typically when somebody doesn't like someone in a community, they go about it politely. They dont try to take odd stabs at them regarding their personal life. Some of what you said even sounded like a threat. And again, I didn't have to awkwardly stalk your profile to hear a lot of what you had to say.

We did care quite a bit, nobody else thinks "oh well, it was just for nonpayment. It's ok if she blatantly disregarded sellers and continues to inconvenience them while trying to justify it." The fact that you think you can make yourself look better by saying it wasn't scamming is very strange.

The one mod we had abruptly left five years ago. I've been in this community for four years, and didn't even know we had a mod until this year. We all socialized and got to know each other extremely peacefully for years, even though we had no rule list and there were hundreds of creepy people who could just join the group and we could do nothing about It. Since nothing was changing even with the 1 mod that abruptly decided to randomly come back, we made a new comm where we plan to enforce rules, and one of them is not allowing individuals who are blacklisted in.

Anyways, I'm done derailing the thread. You contradict yourself and put up unsettling things for public eye. Don't expect not to be judged for the openly demeaning things that you say.

>> No.8650876

>>8650792
Forgot to add, I really don't care about your boyfriend. However, his name and emails are also on the blacklisted list on lace market. You claim that he did nothing because you used his name and got his accounts banned, but the account is still under his individual name and that in itself is just a pretty odd situation.

>> No.8650898

>>8635861
couldn't you have gone to the bathroom and checked? it's not her responsibility to keep track of your cosplay, anon.

>> No.8650909

>>8648817
right there with you. it gets easier over time, though it's never perfect. you just gotta focus on the good times.

>> No.8650914

>>8649871
pretty sure you're the asshole in this situation, anon.

>> No.8650946

Fuck my life. Found the perfect tights to finish my coord, placed a bid and the seller deletes the auction.
I'm so sad right now--

>> No.8651116

>>8650734
it doesn't really sound like bullying, more like people safeguarding their comm. that LM shit is weird. good job anon.

>> No.8651136

>>8649697
I work at a call center but its email based...chillest job I have ever had

>> No.8651984

>>8649871
Asssssssssssssshole

Go see a psychologist.

>> No.8651996

>>8649543
what is volunteering. what are internships.

my only job experience was fucking girl scouts. hired.

>> No.8652000

>>8651996
to add on, this is why schools bother you about doing extra curricular activities. being social, my ass, it's life experience