[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 293 KB, 1500x1000, 1403885130066.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8638791 No.8638791 [Reply] [Original]

Friend and I were talking about this today. What brands would /cgl/ rank from top-tier to shit-tier, considering customer service, construction, etc?

>> No.8638810

>>8638791
Considering taobao indie too...
Best to worst (in my opinion)
Mary Magdalene, MMM (years ago), JetJ (many years ago too), btssb, AP, Classical Puppets, Infanta, Krad Lanrete (nice dresses but customer service is HORRIBLE),
and the shittiest: Souffle Song (aka Neverland lolita) Bodyline and DOL

>> No.8638824

>>8638810
>Souffle Song

Wow, this is actually pretty disappointing. I've had them liked on FB so I can purchase a dress one day. Any reason for their shittiness?

>> No.8638863

>>8638824
They are very well known for their horrible blurry print quality as well as flaws but idk if anon meant that.

>> No.8638927

>>8638791
Thank you anon, I was looking for this. I made it originally and couldn't find it anywhere on my computer.

Top Tier:
(out of brands I've tried)
IW, Meta, Baby and AP (tied because baby/attp does some weird shit construction wise, AP has gone down the pooper with buttons falling off and all kinds of oddball things that they blame on the postal service),

I've always been super-satisfied with IW, I just wish they didn't make tube bodices. Meta is usually sturdy and doesn't have construction flaws like AP, but have questionable releases here and there. I'm afraid to buy anything printed from Baby/Attp due to fear of it running if it gets wet. Everything I own from them is non-print.

Shit tier:
Bodyline, Oojia, DOL, Ebay monstrosities and Milanope are tied.

>> No.8638932

>>8638824
They're fine if you go with their simpler stuff and don't expect brand quality. I have two things from them and while I would never compare it to AP, it's still pretty nice. Print isn't bad on the skirt I bought, and construction isn't amazing but not much worse than btssb's cheaper stuff tbh

>> No.8638943

God Tier- Moi Meme Moite, Juliette Et Justine, Innocent World

Top Tier- Angelic Pretty (they haven't had a good release in years, keep recycling old prints etc), BTSSB (their shit customer service demotes them),

Mid Tier- Metamorphose (some of their dresses are pretty stiff, and their designs are whack), Classical Puppets, Maxcimam, Putumayo, Anna House, Dear Celine, Haenuli

Bottom Tier- Bodyline, Infanta

Shit Tier- eBay, Milanoo, Oojia, Dream of Lolita

>> No.8638978

>>8638863
>>8638932
Thank you both! I thought I'd like their non-print stuff, but after looking through their recent photos, I'm mostly drawn to their printed items. I'll just take it to a tailor, I guess.

>> No.8638986

>>8638927
I'm usually disappointed with IW quality.
I've gotten brand new dresses with buttons that fell off immediately. So many dresses are also unlined.

>> No.8639009

I have pieces from I think most lolita brands (Most otome too) but only buy directly from a few of them. I'll only comment on them:

Service:
IW
Meta
AP USA
BtssB SF
AP Int
BtssB Japanese website (Used to be absolutely lowest of the low during the Sana saga and still kind of is)

Construction:
IW - AP
BtssB - Meta

Not really huge gapes between quality from Japanese brand to brand like taobao, so I don't have much to comment on. I think most people would say it really depends on the pieces anyway.

>> No.8639143

For lolita CLOTHING:

Superior - Atelier-Pierrot and Excentrique. (Both brands have high quality materials, great construction, and classic designs. Owners tend to hold onto pieces for a very long time.)

Great - Innocent World (seems to do equally well at printed and non-printed designs. The tubular bodice is an unfortunate mark against them, though.)

Middle: Angelic Pretty, BTSSB, Alice & the Pirates (the trend-setters for prints. However, recent designs have been repetitive lately, and in general the construction, quality, and customer service all have a little room for improvement). Meta (design is hit or miss, but has more creativity than the previous three combined).

Low Tier - Bodyline.

Disappointment - replicas from Milanope.

For lolita SHOES:

Superior - Fluevog (real leather, excellent customer service in stores, global inventory is updated live on the website)

Great - Vivienne Westwood x Melissa (a few of their vegan shoes peel early, which unfortunately is a mark against their otherwise awesome record), Clarks (nice materials, good construction, comfort, and a good price point)

Middle - American Duchess (nicer low-heeled designs that you can dance in, but the real leather they use is low-grade, and the inner lining sometimes stain socks)

Low - Demonia (cheap materials and poor arch support makes for pain). Taobao and Bodyline (budget-friendly, but quality of materials is lacking)

Disappointment: all lolita brands. I'm not joking. Cheap material and poor construction the same as Bodyline and taobao, but manages to surpass Demonia in price.

In terms of quality-for-the-price, lolita brands make awesome dresses but terrible shoes.

>> No.8640016

>>8638863
>>8638932
I'm waiting for some tights from them and now I'm kinda worried...