[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 60 KB, 349x480, WIF_LF085A_1_f58d4dfa-9c88-4368-94c1-9be051966b9c_large.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8652035 No.8652035 [Reply] [Original]

I've been looking around for some lesser-know wig shops for more of a variety and stumbled upon wigisfashion.
Apart from their very online-chinese-wigseller name, they seem like they have decent quality wigs, a lot in styles and colors I don't see often. I tried looking for reviews but most of what I turned up was on their own website or from tumblr, neither of which I trust.
Can anyone on here vouch for their quality?

Also, Wig General, since I didn't see one in the catalog.

>> No.8652040

Couple video reviews on youtube.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMwpHGOl6lg

>> No.8652045

I have two of their wigs, they have nice quality fibers and decent construction but they're somewhat thin in the back.

>> No.8652073
File: 1.94 MB, 235x180, 1414172606558.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8652040
>flips it onto her head and uses a paddle brush
I almost screamed out loud, but it's nice to see they hold up in adverse circumstances...?

>>8652045
Cool! Do you happen to have any of their lace fronts? Also, how accommodating would you say the cap size is?

>> No.8652119

>>8652073
I have two of their lace fronts and they're both good. I think I have the one in the op picture if it's the long one and I'm happy with it aside from that there's two distinct layers in it which is a pain for plaiting which is what I needed it for.

Fibre quality is good, but I have had problems with some of the shorter ones fitting a bit awkwardly.

I can post pictures if people want but I only have worn ones saved so I'll have to take them.

>> No.8652126

>>8652073
diff anon but I have purchased three lace fronts from them, and I was very pleased with all of them!

What's awesome is that you can customize them, adding widows peaks, adjusting cap size and changing it to a custom color. The default cap size fit me just fine personally, and I have a pretty standard head (though sometimes ebay wigs are too small.)

The lace around the ears is normally shaped a little off for me, but that really easy to fix.

My favorite thing about their wigs is that they are so thick! I got a long red lacefront to use for Touga from Utena and it was so thick and beautiful, I could not have been more pleased. My friend also ordered their Saionji wig from them, also a lacefront and in a custom green color, and it was thick and had beautiful curls in it.

The wigs also hold styling very well. I probably sound like I'm going on and on but I'm a total loyal customer, they never disappoint me. The price is def worth it in my opinion

>> No.8652132
File: 329 KB, 465x699, advice please.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

anybody have any advice for this wig?

I'd like to get a lacefront (though I'm not dead set against doing a glued hairline if need be) but I cannot find a color like this anywhere. Its this weird brown-green color? I was thinking I might should get a white wig and try to dye it with polyester dye but I'm not sure I'd be able to get the right color that way either. Any help/advice would be appreciated greatly

>> No.8652166

>>8652119
>>8652126
Thank you, anons!
I have a lot more confidence in buying from them now!

>> No.8652236
File: 66 KB, 300x220, azula.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'm thinking about doing Azula, but I'm not quite sure what's going on with her hair, or how I'd do that best with a wig. I can't tell if the front is a widow's peak, or just the shape of her hair pulled back. I'm just not very experienced with wigs outside trimming and moderate styling, so any suggestions would be helpful.

>> No.8652287

>>8652132
You could get a black/really dark brown wig and just slightly tint it with some green. That way you don't have to soak the whole thing in dye which can be a nightmare. I also think it's perfectly fine if you just go with black or dark brown coz the green can be interpreted as a stylistic choice.

>> No.8652309

>>8652073
The brand of brush she mentioned using is advertised for working on synthetic hair, to be fair.

The flip was out of control, though.

>> No.8652376

>>8652126
how expensive is it to get a custom color from them?

>> No.8652540

>>8652376
$5 on top of the cost of the wig style to just switch the colour, or there's a completely custom option too where you can send in pictures and ask for a quote.

The customisable lace fronts have a link in the info on the right hand side or it's under /products/custom

>>8652126
Anon with two of the lacefronts and I found the same thing about the fitting around the ears. It's a bigger problem on one of mine because it's for an elf and it pulls my ears off but I'm going to fix that before the next con.

>> No.8652581
File: 65 KB, 570x855, dollycat.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Waiting on a couple Dream Holic wigs. I hope they live up to the hype! Dollycat in Milky Lavender, and Hime Migi in Steel Grey.

https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/DreamHolic

>> No.8652591

>>8652581
please review when you receive them!

>> No.8652634
File: 57 KB, 401x600, mermaid-vanille.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

What are some high quality wig brands with blonde styles similar to Lockshop? I currently have pic related and I love how it looks, but it gets ridiculously frizzy and tangled all the time. I was looking at Cyperous but I feel like their blondes are a little too yellowish, unless they look different in person than in the stock photos.

>> No.8652642

>>8652634
Wait until they have a new supplier and contact them if you can get a replacement. If you send them pictures they're really good about solving the problem, although they're a bit slow at the moment.

>> No.8652644

>>8652591
seconding

>> No.8652696

Can anyone reccomend a good wig brush or what to look for in a good one?
Also how should I store my wigs? On a wigstand or coiled and stored how it was shipped to me?

>> No.8652741

>>8652581
Does Dreamholic have a Taobao shop or are they only on Etsy? I wanted to know whether to save up for a big order or just buy the wig now.

>> No.8652834

How long will Lockshop take to process and ship out orders at this point? I understand they're completely redoing and replacing a lot of things (like their manufacturer), but mainly I want to know if anyone has ordered/received a wig from them in the last month or so.

>> No.8652847
File: 129 KB, 736x1104, azulaa.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8652236
try looking up cosplays of her and seeing what other cosplayers have done, find out what you like best and go from there.
just be wary of making it look like you have a 5-head because that seems to be a big problem from what google images gave me.

>> No.8652851

>>8652696
I keep most of my wigs in the nets/bags I got them in. Helps preserve the curl on most when not in use. Some I wear for every day life, and I just kind of keep those on a little coat rack on the back of my bedroom door. Each on top of a headband that goes over 2 hooks. That's probably frowned upon, though.

>> No.8652910

>>8652119
>>8652126
Do either of you have any photos of the lacefronts, or know your head measurement? It'd be great to know what range of head sizes their lacefronts will fit.

>> No.8652921

How does wigisfashion's quality compared to arda? I was considering buying from them to save some money, but the cheapest 3 week shipping method is still $13, so it's about the same price.

>> No.8652966
File: 224 KB, 1280x960, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8652910
Different anon but here's a test I did waaaay back with one of their wigs.
I agree about the lace being a bit strange, it's like the lace portion of the wig was made for someone with a very large face? With that said I really like it. The volume isn't incredible but it's soft and doesn't tangle much, there's also combs in it.
My only concern might be that it's on the shiny side.
Also the lace is pretty stretchy and the hairline is good, not as unrealistically thick as I've seen some of Arda's be.

>> No.8652991
File: 298 KB, 2025x900, blop.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8652966
Let's try again. Few different photos of the same wig, to the left you can see the kinda weird shape of the lace, middle gives a good indicator of the thickness of the hairline, and right shows the two issues I've had with this wig specifically; flyaways and shine. But that also have a lot to do with the style and me not being good with long wigs. If anyone got any tips to help that I'd love to hear.

>>8652921
I haven't styled mine a lot, but I did cut the bangs and straightened that hair in case I would end up needing more strands for a lace front ventilation project of another wig and the fibres took really well to that. I haven't had much reason to style it other than that, though. Personally I think it can definitely compete with Arda, but other people might disagree.

>> No.8653041

>>8652834
They seem to have problems with their mail server, my order took long to update with the tracking but they shipped it out the day it went into preparation, so that looks to be their main focus now, just shipping out.

>> No.8653106

Can anyone recommend wigs for big heads+thick hair? Lockshop fits me pretty well, I've heard good things about arda wigs too size wise.

>> No.8653157
File: 1.88 MB, 1523x727, Wigs.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8652910
My head measurement is 60cm with my hair/wig cap included.

These are the two lace fronts I have. The blonde wig was taken at the end of the day (they're both rejected pictures), so that's after a whole day of con and a masquerade, and you can see where it's coming up where it doesn't fit over my ear. The plait shows how thick the red wig is, and I included the back of the blonde one too.

>> No.8653185
File: 65 KB, 570x855, il_570xN.827083730_e73s.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8652581
i just got hime migi in steel grey also (sp version with the braid). i'm reeeally hoping it's more of a neutral tone than cool since my skin tone is warm/yellow.

>> No.8653204

>>8653106
These are made for massive heads. I got a couple at chicago ccomic expo earlier this year. They aren't as shiny as the pictures on there make them out to be, either. They have pretty decent volume, especially in the fringe, which I appreciate.
http://www.tastypeachstudios.com/collections/wigs.html

>> No.8653280

>>8652741
Pretty sure it's a taobao reseller.
Also, you forgot to drop email.

>> No.8653310

>>8652126
Really noobish question but I've been wanting to get my first lacefront from them.. would I have to ventilate more hairs onto the netting or is it possible to just trim the front if I want a small widows peak?

>> No.8653413

>>8653204
Thank you so much!

>> No.8653426

>>8652910
My head is about 20 inches around !

>>8653310
Yes, if you want to add a widows peak you would need to ventilate the lace front. Technically you could try to cut one out of what's already there, but that would leave you with very little lace left to glue down and you'd push the hairline back so if you have a short forehead it might make the wig not fit you well anymore.

Some people cut the lace as close as possible to the wig hair, but I recommend leaving at least a cm for gluing purposes, especially if you have a short forehead (like me). otherwise you'll end up having to glue the wig down on top of your hair which is a pain in the ass and hurts

hope that made sense

>> No.8653428

>>8652287
Thanks for the advice! I think I'll go this route in the end. I'll prob try to dye it and get a green tint but if it doesn't work I'll just let it be dark brown and call it a day

>> No.8653502

>>8653426
Yes, it made sense! Thank you so much, I'll research a bit on ventilating before deciding on this purchase.

>> No.8653553

>>8653106
Ayanamisatoru is my fav

>> No.8654651

>>8653280
Fuuuck, it keeps popping up. Thank you, I'll scavenge Taobao and see if I find them.

>> No.8654836

>>8653553
I hope this is a joke, because my head is barely 22'' and Ayanamisatoru is too small. I've had good luck with Lucaille for Taobao, Arda and Epic state side. Epic has a line called Au Natural that have normal hair colors.

>> No.8654845

>>8653185
Checking Dreamholic tag on instagram shows in a few different pics that it's a warm and almost dark ash blonde kind of grey. I can dig it.

>> No.8654957

Hi I'm the anon who dyed a wig as per other's suggestions in the shironuri thread (>>8644079 and >>8648863)
I dyed one arda Stevie, originally in rose pink because that was the closest color it came in at the time I ordered it, to a berry using idye poly powder in crimson and gray. I love the new color, but it's rubbing off on everything. Which I cannot have happen because my dress, cap, brassard, and gloves are all white or light colored. How do I stop the dye from rubbing off? I've looked up methods for stopping fabric from losing dye but i'm not sure it'll work with a wig. And I really don't know what kind of plastic arda's fibers are, other than the fact that they're notoriously heat resistant.
Tl;dr, I dyed a wig with fabric dye and now the dye rubs off on everything

>> No.8654975

>>8654836
Their character wigs are usually quite roomy, the generic ones in all the different colours/lengths are pretty small though.

>> No.8654990

>>8654957
You need to wash the everliving hell out of it, preferably in warm or hot water to get as much extra dye out as possible. I use dishsoap or shampoo too, but I don't know how much that helps. If the dye is coming off when you touch the wig, you probably haven't washed it enough so, make sure you put it through a few baths, hold it under the sink, etc.

>> No.8655169
File: 1.45 MB, 1440x2560, IMG_20151007_154226.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8652035
I can! I have this wig and it's fantastic quality, little to no sheen and doesn't shed at all. Seriously. 30 bucks well spent.

Sorry for the shitty pic, I can take better ones when I get home

>> No.8655390
File: 604 KB, 546x600, thoughts.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Thoughts on this wig for Iori? The idolmaster thread hit the image limit before I got to ask.

>> No.8655408

>>8654651
If I can find the store, I'll link you.
It's a really nice store too, but the name escapes em at the moment.

>> No.8655419

>>8655390
you're gonna want a lace-front wig becase of the exposed hairline near the ear. the closest wig arda has would be tauriel in warm light brown but then you're have to remove the widows peak and maybe even add extra wefts for the bangs. arwen would work if your straightened and cut it but it doesnt come in the right color.
tl;dr, you need a lace front wig for characters with exposed hairlines

>> No.8655529

>>8655390
>>8655419
I think with this its up to you whether you want to do the lace front or not. Personally I would want it to be as accurate as popular, but I honestly don't think it'd be the end of the world is you didn't do it. Most Iori cosplayers don't.

If you don't, I think that wig will prob be fine. Looks a little thin though, and will prob tangle like hell.

If you go the lace front route, I wouldn't do Arda. Do something like this instead:
http://www.wigisfashion.com/collections/brown-lace-front-wigs/products/lf640c

>> No.8655555

>>8655390
if you're gonna be Iori you better get a huge prosthetic forehead

>> No.8655574

>>8655419
>>8655529
I wasn't leaning towards a lace front simply because I wasn't sure if it was worth doing as only some of the hairline is expose but god damn what >>8655529 suggested is gorgeous. If I were to go the Arda route, I'd get Maltilda, but I'd have to straighten it out and add wefts (I just don't want to mess with a widow's peak)

I'll look into lace fronts, thank you to you both!

>> No.8655575

>>8655529
that does look like it'll work better right out of the box
the reason i suggested arda is because it's easy to get extra wefts/accessories in the exact color if needed and also they're very matte and heat resistant

>> No.8655638

>>8654957
did you run it under warm water for a few minutes then cold water until it ran clear? You need to do that. It may lighten the color a little, but you can re-dye it and rise until water runs clear.

>> No.8655940

how does five wits compare to arda in terms of fibre quality? have found arda to be quite coarse.

looking at a few short, white/silver wigs and trying to make up my mind

>> No.8655978

>>8654836
Maybe it depends on how long ago you bought it? I got mine last year and it was the most comfortable wig I've ever worn. My head is 23" and I have really thick hair. It was one of those generic wigs but was also listed under some Touhou character. Lucaille is always way too small for me though.

>> No.8656026

>>8653426
>>8653310
If they are the same as wigfashion on ebay then you can get them with widow peaks already knotted. They are really a more natural looking hairline as they seem to be less full.

If it's the same company I have something like four bonde, one primary red, one chestnut brown- all curly with widows peaks. Two dark brown straight (ditto) and one super long round fronted wig. All are lovely only one is too small once styled.
I use a pale ash blonde for my Elsa and BarbieShep. The red was for a Satine costume but wound up as Fauxriel instead.

I recommend the curly styles over straight. The curl can be brushed out in to waves and also used to support styles such as braids.

Also, I'm in NZ so their super cheap shipping prices work out ideally for me as most wigs only take a week to get to me So, bit plus there for the Asia-Pacific cosplayers.

I had less luck with non lace fronts though. Very slick fibres that seem to tangle more. I wound up culling some of the wigs to make in to a trim.

Okay, yes they supply several ebay sellers and so wigfashion must be one :)

>> No.8656277

Does Dreamholic usually take a long time to ship out their wigs?

I purchased one of their sale wigs on the 3rd, to see the quality before buying any of the full-priced ones. I don't expect them to have done anything over the weekend; I didn't even really think that I'd hear back until after the 6th (China has some sort of national holiday, and I assume DH is a Chinese seller). But even my Aliexpress orders made on the same day have been shipped out... And still no word from DH about what's up.

I messaged 'em, but I'm curious if anyone on cgl can say how long it usually takes them to get orders out.

>> No.8657537
File: 304 KB, 700x1201, dreamholic.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8656277
Ordered mine on Sept. 25th, They shipped it out on the 28th, and I had just received it today. (9th) I'm in western Canada.

>>8652591
>>8652644
>>8653185
So, here are my first impressions. Just took them out of the box. No brushing, styling or trimming yet.

Package:
>Mailman comes
>Take package
>Felt a lurch like when you're walking down the stairs and miss a step
>Box is small
>Box is unexpectedly light
>asked if there was another one for me (Said they'd ship both both together)
>No
>Panic
>Open box
>Both are in there
>Time to see if this is just classic japanese compact ingenuity

Hime Migi (Steel Grey)
>Colour is perfect, and it has a nice blend
>Darker at the roots
>considerably less volume than expected
(Though I suppose teasing/styling it like the stock photos would help add some faux volume. I regret not getting the braided version, so I could use the bonus braid as an additional weft.)
>fringe is very thin
(Luckily the costume I plan to use it for needs to have it drawn to the center)
>Thankfully not threadbarren at any point, so there isn't any inner net peeking though
>Inner net is adjustable for bigger heads
>Not very accommodating for larger volumes of hair
(My actual hair is down to my knees, so I should have expected that, but I've been spoiled by roomy Arda and TPS wigs.)
7/10

Dolly Cat: Milky Lavender

>Colour is beautiful, just what I wanted
>Much more voluminous than the previous one, to my delight
>However, not voluminous enough to justify the price tag
>Thick and plenty fringe
>Ponytail clips have good volume; strong, medium-sized clamps
>inner net in the same situation as the other
8/10

All in all, a lot happier with the Dolly Cat than the other.
Flash is /really/ not very flattering for these. (Lower images)
They're nice wigs in unique colours, but I'm glad I resisted buying them in natural colours that I would be able to get in likely equal or better quality & cheaper elsewhere. Pardon the ugly, but I hope it's informative.

>> No.8657598
File: 99 KB, 400x240, http___orig15.deviantart.net_3bca_f_2014_032_9_a_virion_x_reader_by_alliekat1008-d73a9qg.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8656026
They have them with widows peak already? I never found them, must look again.
In my case, looking at ref pictures it'd need to be a more pronounced peak that I remembered and in an unnatural color, pic related. I most likely just have to ventilate it

>> No.8658053

is there any wigs/companies that match GLW's medium blonde? would prefer europe or asian stores

>> No.8658332

Best wig for best MC?
I can style wigs, just want to know if I can use a lacefront or just use a normal wig.

>> No.8658335
File: 23 KB, 347x284, 223172_10151049643576596_740860012_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8658332
Forgot picture, woops.

>> No.8658339

>>8658332
You can use a normal wig for Benedict Cumberbatch's Sherlock. No problem.

>> No.8658348

>>8658339
what the hell are you talking about anon? that has nothing to do with anon's post

>> No.8658355

>>8658348
Am I incorrect in thinking MC means main character?

>> No.8658652

>>8658348
>>8658339
>>8658355
>>8658355
The joke is that >>8658339 thinks that Benedict is best Main Character, although he truly isn't.

>> No.8658999

How are the wigs from cosplay wigs usa(dolluxe)? The free shipping and slightly lower prices on generic styles (in comparison to arda or epic) have me interested, but I've never heard anything about them.

>> No.8659014

>>8658999
They're GLW

>> No.8659321

>>8658999
dont buy from glw or any of their companies. period

>> No.8659809

>>8659321
I have a few older wigs from GLW and I'm afraid of getting flack for wearing them now....... is it best to just sell them or what should I do?

>> No.8659824

i'm a beginner at cosplay,a nd wanted to try cosplaying Cereza from Bayonetta. I was wondering if anyone had recommendations for a wig? i was thinking i'd have to add extra wefts to give the pigtails the proper thickness, but i don't really know how to do that...

>> No.8659910

bumpu

>> No.8659915

>>8659809
Nah, if they're nice don't sell them. If you're really that nervous, just don't list the wig on coord rundowns, and if someone asks where you got it just say you bought it a long time ago and can't remember, "maybe from eBay".

>> No.8660514

>>8659915
That's a good idea, thank you. They are nice and in good condition, and the fact that they have the little combs (?) on the inside is the main reason I still have them. I've noticed other wigs don't have those. But I would hate for someone to recognize where the wig is from and cause a stink because I bought them before they were outed as a not-so-reputable company.

>> No.8663490
File: 200 KB, 427x696, yano erika.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

any help with a wig for yano? preferably with already short pigtail clips. i dont enjoy lobbing off a bunch of fiber since it feels like a waste.

>> No.8663867

>>8660514
if someone is going to bitch at you about wigs you've bought before a company went down the drain, I'd advise you to tell them to fuck off and ask them to lend you their fortune telling skills for the next lottery or politely inform them that you bought it before watermelongate happened and you aren't intending to get rid of a perfectly good wig you bought from a company that back then was reputable

how are lockshop wigs doing now? I keep getting lots of mixed signals. considering getting a b-choice just because they look cute and are pretty fucking cheap (and I assume it's still decently wearable even if it's b-choice)

>> No.8663886

>>8663867
If you're going to gamble on quality, might as well get some from Aliexpress. A lot of them on sale for halloween right now, averaging 10-20 bucks with free shipping. You might get customs fees depending on the mail courier if you speed it up, but even so. Still damn cheap. You'll get 3-4 wigs for the same price as 1 lockshop wig.

>> No.8663938

>>8652040
/almost knocks the Christmas tree over by flinging the wig on
lol'ed

>> No.8663953

>>8663490
You can make pigtail clips with wigs and butterfly clips
http://www.hezachan.com/clipontut.html

So you could probably get 3x of the same wig, 2 butterfly clips, and do it that way. Just make sure to get a wig that's full enough that you can part it in the back, and the butterfly clip won't show through the pigtails.

>> No.8664017

>>8663953
oh wow! i've never heard of this wtf thank you so much!

>> No.8664240
File: 479 KB, 1280x720, e22mStO.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I can't find any premade Hanekawa Second Season wigs. How would I go about getting the stripes? Should I start with a white wig or black one? How would I prevent the color from bleeding while it's dying/drying?

>> No.8664312

>>8664240
I'd get a black base wig and sew in white wefts.

>> No.8664340

>>8658332
Definitely use a lace front. You can easily create a natural hairline with those. Which will be needed since she has her hair pinned up.

>> No.8664415
File: 19 KB, 500x224, s-l500.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'm sorry if this would be the wrong thread .. But, How do I make a pretty cheap ''drill''- wig more drill-like?
Im talking like Kasane Teto. Of course, To a degree and not way too much. Advice?

>> No.8664458
File: 684 KB, 1024x3152, kasane_teto__drill_curl_tutorial_by_aeriscetramagic-d6738ym.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8664415
Here you go.

>> No.8664717
File: 2.63 MB, 4160x2336, 20151013_115507.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Anyone got a wig from this store?

I bought this one from charissa &kids at ebay a few years ago, but i'm looking for the "official store"

>> No.8664956

>>8660514
>>8663867
What's the story with GLW? I'm pretty new to cgl.

>> No.8664962

>>8664458
That looks awful

>> No.8666245

Not sure if this fits in the dumb questions thread or here, but I need help so - every time I wear a long curly wig, it turns into a tangled mess after 2-3 times of wearing it, has done with cheap eBay ones and higher quality ones, and I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. I keep them in the bag as much as possible, plaited, normally don't take them out of the plaits until I arrive at the con, brush through the curls with my fingers not a brush, condition them semi-frequently after a con, and they remain a mad, frizzy mess. What am I doing wrong? What should I be doing? I've tried following de-tangling tutorials but they seem to barely help.

>> No.8666270

>>8664956
shopped black models to be lighter along with watermelon jokes and whatnot

>> No.8667237
File: 135 KB, 1000x563, DSC_0724.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8664717
I found a picture of the tag on a random blog

But still i can't find the store

Does anyone has a wig from this brand?

>> No.8667954

>>8652040
she looks like amy poehler what

>> No.8667960
File: 58 KB, 350x400, Daisy_MilkTea_1_grande_34890411-6c91-4932-a55d-f7911868c89c_large.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Anybody have any experience with Tasty Peach Studios and their wigs? I might want to use one of the for a future coord.

>> No.8667988
File: 128 KB, 500x683, cc.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8667960
I have a few of them, and I love them. They're not as shiny as the site's promos make them out to be, and they can fit massive heads easily. They're got a lot of volume, especially in the fringe. This one's in their caramel cookie colour. One of the ones I wear for casual everyday kind of stuff.

>> No.8667991

So on Tumblr a while back, a bunch of people ordered ~$5 wigs from Aliexpress or something. Anyone know what I'm talking about or how that turned out?

>> No.8667996

>>8667991
I don't know, but they've always got decent looking wigs for 5-15$

>> No.8668016

>>8667991
it was that 1 or two dollar thing right? the shop just deleted the listings and never sent them out

>> No.8668225

anyone have suggestions for an umaru wig from a US seller? i won't be able to order one until next week & it's for my halloween costume.

>> No.8668703

Looking for suggestions for a wig seller that could ship in time for halloween, and looks more "natural" than arda

>> No.8668879

I've waited and waited for Lockshop to restock the wigs I want and they never have.

I've waited and waited for Dream Holic to stock the wigs I want in the color I want. They haven't and now said they might not even restock that style at all.

Does anyone have any recommendations for "natural" style grey wigs. The next best thing I can find is epic cosplay's gunmetal color, but their wigs look like they don't have a skin top/part in them creating a fake look. Ugh.

>> No.8668929

>>8668703
your options are going to be limited because you waited too late like a dumbass

>> No.8669077

>>8668929
I know, i did know what I was doing until now, I went with arda in the end and Im hoping it turns out ok

>> No.8669104

For those of you who need fast shipping, I recently ordered from the "US located items" part of the store and got my wig incredibly fast
http://stores.ebay.com/cosplaymix/US-Located-Items-/_i.html?_fsub=8785953016
The wig was pretty okay as well

>> No.8670191

Wait are epic cosplay's wigs /not/ skin top? That would be a huge bummer.

>> No.8673274
File: 20 KB, 480x234, why cant i live in america.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Does anyone have any sailor moon wig (pic related) suggestions that aren't Arda/FiveWits? Would love to get an arda but I can't afford a $130 wig at the moment (gotta love exchange rates)

I'm so afraid of the wig being a vibrant yellow and the odangos becoming all messed up

>> No.8673290

>>8664717
That's coserstyle, their wig head is pretty distinctive and I know their main store is at coserstyle.taobao.com
I love how thick and matte their wigs are, but the colour disparity on their stock photos can be pretty bad.

>> No.8675332

Does anyone know where to get good old school ringlets? I saw the ones from GLW but they don't look all that great (I might be biased though because I hate the model)

>> No.8675343

>>8675332
Don't buy from GLW or any of their companies, period. I don't know why this is still an issue in 2015. Just buy bodyline's ringlet wig

>> No.8675623

>>8675343
w004, right? I think Mr. Yan took it out already, I can't find it anymore.

>> No.8675816

So I've been out of the loop for over a year now, and kind of confused. Everybody ordered from GLW and Lockshop. I vaguely heard about the quality decling with lockshop, and something about GLW being racist but that's about it.

Could somebody tldr why they're shit now, and what companies people are going for natural looking lolita wigs(no need for cosplay ones)

>> No.8675842

>>8675343
BL's ringlets look shiny and thin as fuck.

>> No.8675877

>>8675816
I ordered Mermaid Beachy from Lockshop two year ago. Cost me 45 euros with the shipping. The wig is just meh. The fiber looks good, not as fake as ebay wigs, but the top of the wig was frizzy and tangled as fuck like it was backcombed, and instead of nice curls the wig was like.. straight with waves. Really disappointed for that price...

>> No.8676193

bump

>> No.8677963

Anyone know a good general wig shop on ebay with nice thick wigs? Preferably the kind with a few styles of wig in many colours, rather than character specific ones.

>> No.8681510

>>8668879
Same here

I love the color palette of the Lockshop wigs. Their blondes (vanilla, milk tea and flax) are awesome but they only have super similar styles to choose (shoulder length with curls or waves and mermaid) and not every style has every color. It really sucks and I haven't found a shop with a similar color palett yet. I'd love to have a straight wig in flax...

>> No.8683873
File: 329 KB, 1024x768, danascully.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Anyone knows where I can find a red/orange wig for scully?

>> No.8685036

>>8673274
Bouncing of this anon....

What arda colour would be best for a sailor moon wig? I've seen heaps of variations online and I'm not too sure what would be best

>> No.8685069

>>8683873
Don't wear a wig for humans that don't wear wigs.

>> No.8685401
File: 31 KB, 300x394, 177b64c8c114db45.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Anyone bought this wig from Lucaille's website? How thick is it?
Also is it safe to buy from their website? I saw some people complaining they never got their wigs and I'm a bit scared.

>> No.8685993
File: 62 KB, 523x785, 1418095632680.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Are there any wig brands that are more "fluffy" as opposed to sleek and silky? I'm looking for a good madoka wig and I feel like most look too weighed down or realistic, where her hair should have a certain floof to it.

>> No.8686009

>>8685069
yeah just dye and cut your real hair permanently like a dumb retard. thanks for the info.

>> No.8686329

Can anyone recomend a seller for good clip-on bangs?

>> No.8686887

>>8683873
I haven't used them but honestly you might want to look into wigisfashion - their colors are more realistic and they have lacefronts, which will look really good if you're trying to look like a RL actress.

>> No.8686897

I'm out of the loop. I know twin tails we're really popular last time I wore lolita, and I've heard about those rhapsody wigs getting old. So what's in style for lolita now CGL?

>> No.8688949

>>8685069
>>8686887
Thanks for the advices! I actually have Scully's haircut, but i'm not a fan of using real hair for cosplay, maybe one day I'll try

>> No.8688964

I'm looking at buying a wig for an upcoming cosplay and the character is depicted as having gray/white hair...I'm having a bit of a hard time deciding whether I buy a white wig or a gray wig.
May I have some advice on what to do?

>> No.8688966

>>8688964
Are there other cosplays you want to do in the future for a reason to reuse either wig? Consider that.

>> No.8689036
File: 111 KB, 800x1101, anastasia__s_memories_by_mickey89eli-d40xmt9.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Any wig tips for Anastasia for someone with a very small head (arda and epic cosplay is out of question, and nothing from eBay)

Should I get a lace front or will a regular wig do?

>> No.8689054

>>8689036
I'd say lace front. And as for sellers, I don't know as I have a large head so often anything other than places that have sizes like arda's are out of the question

>> No.8689059

>>8686897
I've always been a fan of curly/wavy bobs. like a short version of a rhapsody style wig would be cute. wavy/curly bobs with straight bangs are really cute imo

>> No.8689063

>>8686329
Human hair or synthetic? What's your price point?
Clip on bangs can often be found at your local beauty store if you're looking for a natural or common unnatural color(ex: that dark red shade)

>> No.8689198
File: 181 KB, 1500x1500, waifu sute SEMOS.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'll be (hopefully) crossplaying the SSB4 version of Zero Suit Samus and am planning to get the Phoebe wig from Epic Cosplay for her. Do you think Autumn Gold or Ash Blonde would work better?

https://www.epiccosplay.com/autumn-gold-ponytail-cosplay-wig.html
https://www.epiccosplay.com/ash-blonde-ponytail-cosplay-wig.html

>> No.8689229

>>8689198

Both are okay, but I would go with Ash.

>> No.8689251

>>8689229
Ah ok thanks, that's what everyone else's been saying.