[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 45 KB, 1279x371, ebay guide.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9013891 No.9013891 [Reply] [Original]

Haven't seen one in awhile.
>Favorite sheet masks?
I'd like to get a couple for days when I want a pick-me-up. I'd like it to be moisturizing, I have combo skin but am wrangling the flaky areas on my forehead, nose and cheeks slowly. My skin is also sensitive as well, I tried some nugg masks before (except they were the clay kind and more gel-like ones you smear on your face) and they irritated me to all hell. I have a Japanese rose-scented one that's alright and Etude House's moistfull collagen and that doesn't bug me, for reference. I would just like some easy sheet masks for pampering now and again.

>> No.9014681
File: 40 KB, 700x371, face mask-700x371.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

https://www.my7thheaven.com/products/category/face-masks/
>>9013891

>> No.9015016

i was actually going to make a skincare thread today, thanks op!
side note to the kinds of people who will be posting in this thread: please stop recommending coconut oil as a meme solution for every skincare issue, it's highly comedogenic and can break people the fuck out and give them body acne if used on sensitive areas of the body which are prone to breaking out.

>> No.9015033

So I bought DHCs deep cleansing oil to try the double cleansing method and I'm not sure how to proceed from here.
I tried it for the first time while i was in Japan. The first two nights I idnt notice anything bad. Then the last night i was there, after using it my face felt kind of cloudy, for lack of a better word. I guess its possible I didn't get it all off but I washed with cetaphil afterwards. Anyway tje next day I woke up and my face felt strange, like my eyes were puffy and my face was dry. We spent the rest of the day in a plane onthe way back home and the dryness intensified to a crazy extent. Once home the dryness turned into a while bunch of red bumps, like under the skin pimples. After a few days of no makeup, no cleansing oil, and diligent skin routine adherence, my skin is back to normal.
Idk if this whole ordeal was due to the DHC oil cleanser, changes in climate,travel, or even using a shitty sunscreen more frequently than my skin is used to .
So I'm not sure if I should try again with DHC, try a different cleansing oil, or stick to my previous routine. Any advice?

>> No.9015502

>>9015033
Are you also moisturizing as well and if so what are you using, what is your full routine? You could always do a small spot test to see if it happens again, look up and see if anyone else is having similar issues, and try to pinpoint a specific ingredient in the product causing issue.

>> No.9015507

>>9015033
Unless you did a full face of makeup, the double cleanse is unnecessary. The first step is meant to be makeup removal. You might be drying out your face too much. (This is especially true if you are using products that are neutral to basic pH.)

>> No.9015796

>>9015502
I did see about two instances online where people had an almost identical experience (dry skin, irritation, red bumps) but they used it a little longer than me and their bumps turned into cystic acne. So my gut feeling is to just cut my losses. They also named one if the specific ingredients as the likely cause, so I theoretically know what to look out for. But because of all the other changes going on at the time I used it (frequent use of an admittedly shitty sunscreen, climate change, being in an airplane) I am tempted to try again even though it might fuck me over. What's a good place and method for spot testing? Just because I didn't notice the adverse effects until a few days in...should I just my wrist with it every night for a week and see what happens ?
My routine:
Cleanser - cetaphil
Toner- Dickson's witchhazel
Bha- (in the morning) Paulas choice
Benzoyl peroxide spit treatment -(In the evening) Neutrogena
Moisturizer - aloe Vera gel + Alba botanical cream moisturizer in my trouble spots

>>9015507
Yeah, I'm aware. That's another thing, while back home I wear a full face only about once a week in Japan I was doing a ton if makeup every day for a week, so I was thinking that also may have contributed to my skin being unhappy with me. drying out definitely seems possible though, I'll look more into the Ph balance of my products (def don't pay enough attention to that right now)

>> No.9016068

Do I really need an oil cleaner to remove my sunscreen or is my foaming cleanser good enough? I'm currently using CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser and my sunscreen is Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunscreen

>> No.9016156

I have insanely sensitive eczema prone skin, I get painful red bumps and rashes even from coconut oil, olive oil and it was especially bad with Jojoba oil.
The only thing I can put on my face right now is Vaseline.
Does anyone have any advice?

>> No.9016160

I'm post-acutain and my skin is clear as day, but I have scars still. Not too deep but I wish my skin was smoother. Should I bite the bullet and get something done medically about it or is there any alternatives. Dermal rolls look kind of scary

>> No.9017130
File: 127 KB, 1224x1632, export.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I've had this on my face for 1+ years. Can't figure out how to make it go away, i've tried a few products too. It's a dark patch on only my left side of the face, and it's covered in very small pimples.

Any advice? I'd at least like it to be the same skin tone. The rest of my face is pretty clear.

>> No.9017160

>>9016068
If you feel that your cleanser is doing a good job removing all the sunscreen (i.e. no residue or water beading on the skin) then you don't need an oil cleanser.

>>9016156
Going to a Dr is your best bet, eczema is something best dealt with by a medical professional especially if you've had many issues with common products before.

>>9016160
If they are ice pick or box car scars a Dr is best because nothing topical can fix that type of scarring.

>>9017130
What have you tried so far? A gentle AHA can be very beneficial for eliminating bumps and evening out skin texture.

>> No.9017163

>>9017130
i have the same thing, and no idea what to do against it.

>> No.9017164

>>9017160

http://www.cleanandclear.com/facial-scrubs/blackhead-eraser-scrub

http://www.acnefree.com/acne-treatment/the-original-acnefree-24-hour-acne-clearing-system

These two currently. They seem to work for the rest of my face but do nothing to reduce the dark spot. I mean, they help with the pimples a bit but they never go away, and theres still a dark spot which is my biggest concern.

>> No.9017174

>>9017164
Adding in an AHA product once a day at night can help with both the lingering pimples and help lighten dark areas. Something like this is a good start
http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?productId=xlsImpprod13762025

Make sure you start slowly (twice a week at first) and use sunscreen because sun exposure can darken already dark areas of skin and cause more damage.

>> No.9017188

>>9017130
Go to a doctor's. Coudl be a form of dermatitis, or folliculitis, which can go hand in hand with dermatitis.

>> No.9019011

>use asian skincare products since september
>less outbreaks but still dry patches even though I only use hydrating product lines etc
>prone to dermatitis, always dry eyelids
>discover cetaphil (not usually sold in my country)
>all dry patches went away, skin feels awesome
thank you western skincare I guess

>> No.9020103

>>9016156
Fellow eczema sufferer here, my advice would be to not use natural oils, I've tried many over the years including, coconut and aloe vera and got the same results as you. I'd recommend making things really simple, (I'm not sure where you are in the world but these products or something similar should be gettable).
Dermol 500 emollient - you can use it the shower as a body wash, as a hand soap and I rub mine into my face.
An Oil Emoillent (like Diprobase) for if your skin gets dry and flaky- put lots on first thing in the morning and let it sink into your skin, this is an everyday thing and continue it for a while even if you think your skin is better to prevent redness and flaking.
If things are really bad/ causing you pain visit your doctor and ask for a steroid cream, you can get ones specifically for the face.
Just ideas but these work for me, I hope you find something that works for you.

>> No.9020107

>>9017163
>>9017130

Do you chew on the inside of your mouth?

If you do, stop it for a month and see if it goes away because it's likely a bruise.

>> No.9023976

polite bump
>>9014681
thanks! I'll look into those, I think they sell them at my local walmart. Can anyone suggest brightening masks as well?

>> No.9024005

>>9015033
I would say it's more of a reaction to DHC than anything. It takes my skin three days to react to something it really doesn't like

>> No.9024022
File: 110 KB, 500x300, tumblr_inline_npkhebnrDw1qgl6qf_500.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Does anybody know what the strongest, readily available AHA is? Korean or otherwise.

I'm the anon who was using CosRX, ran out and started putting the ol' Nature Republic foot peel mask liquid on my face instead.
It was clearly much stronger than the CosRX, but it's done some sort of miracle shit to my skin.

>I might even just buy a bulk lot of the packs, d-desu.

>> No.9024046

>>9024022
Makeup artists choice offer aha peels 10% to like 50% +
please don't use foot peel on your face it'e really not meant to be safe for face skin

>> No.9024772

>sensitive skin
>skin hates 90% of the HGs listed

Is there like a Facebook group for buying and selling decants? I buy from Reddit all the time but it's not very active and only seem to sell the more popular items like CosRx

Thank you

>> No.9026411

Hi! Total newbie to skincare here. I won a prize, including some face masks (not sheet masks, more like lotion) which seems to be appropriate for my skin. Can I use like two masks one after the other or do I have to wait a day before using the other?

>> No.9026974

>>9026411
I wouldn't. If you tend to break out after trying new products, or if you don't normally use masks, then wait a day or two before using the other one. From your post you sound like you don't use these products too often so I'd wait.

>> No.9027022
File: 1.65 MB, 3264x1836, IMG_20160528_172550682.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Hello everyone! I need a little help about sunburns/ sun tanned skin.

Since i rarely leaved my house, I had very pale skin. That changed when I started going to conventions and meetings. Currently, my arms and neck are slightly sunburned. I've never used sunscreen so it made the problem worse.

I want to have a pale skin again, but it has been like four months and nothing changed. The color difference is noticeable.

How do i get the pale skin back? Is it too late to use sunscreen? Do i need to stay in my house and become a vampire until it works?

>> No.9027035

>>9027022
>is it too late to use sunscreen?

I have never eyerolled so hard. This is why you haven't seen an improvement. You aren't using any goddamn sunscreen.

For fastest results try to avoid sun, wear long sleeves, WEAR SUNSCREEN, and look into products that improve hyperpigmentation like niacinamide serum.

>> No.9027625

Does anyone have any recommendations for vitamin c serums? If there are any options from Sephora, that would be great. I'm also looking for a decent aha.

I'm also curious about face masks from Tony Moly. A bunch of them sound super nice, but I haven't seen people talk about them much.

>> No.9028262

>>9027022
>pale skin
>not wearing sunscreen
What the actual fuck? I use 50spf sunscreen from march to september every time I leave home, even if it's to get stuck into office for the whole day. You should always keep sunscreen with you and put some in every uncovered places of your body every two hours if you go outside. And use after sun lotions if you get sunburned.
Although I doubt your skin is that pale if you just got slighty sunburned after being outside a lot without sunscreen. Even with it my skin turn red, peel for days and get so sentitive that any lotion hurt it like shit.

>> No.9028263

>>9027022
Btw pic related doesn't show a sunburn but tanned skin.

>> No.9028529
File: 125 KB, 961x805, IMG_20160529_120138.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9027035
>>9028262
Thank you both . I was really imprudent with my skin by exposing it to the sun without sunscreen. I'll not make that mistake again, and i will follow your advice!

>Although I doubt your skin is that pale if you just got slighty sunburned after being outside a lot without sunscreen.

I dont understand that too. In the past i would get all red and it would hurt like hell, but nowadays my skin just get tanned. I almost never took sun before and also had an sightly unhealthy diet , so my skin used to be like pic related

Thanks again!

>> No.9028541

>>9028262
Not all people with pale skin burn, you idiot. It mostly depends on your genetics and it's not a pissing contest.

>> No.9028600

Looking for a skincare routine for very oily skin. I saw this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrE601xzmmU but my skin is REALLY oily and VERY acne prone

>> No.9031402

I think I have either hormonal or stress-related acne or my stress fucked up my hormones. What the hell do I do against that? Is birth control the only hope? Because I have no idea how to not be stressed. I guess it's only fair since my skin was pretty clear during my teen years, just very very dry, but it still feels very unfair since I'm taking pretty good care of it now.

>> No.9031481
File: 77 KB, 608x830, 20160530_163618-1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

My skin looks like the attached picture for years now, and I am at an utter loss for what to do.
It's a smooth texture with no acne heads, I wash my face everyday, drink almost nothing but water and don't wear make up that often...(Not that it covers it anyway).

What am I doing wrong? I'm not exactly sure what it even is... acne scars?

>> No.9031504

>>9024022
If you're going to use something that strong on your face please don't do it more than like...once every few months. People have fucked up their skin bad from too many AHA peels, essentially using them too often means you burn your skin and don't give it time to recover. Often the effects are kinda like how soft and baby smooth and nice the skin under a sunburn is, you had to fuck your skin up to get there and it isn't good for you long term. Consider a 10-15% AHA moisturiser rather than foot peels!

>> No.9031513

>>9031481

Acne scars and possibly closed comedones. You want to keep your skin plump and hydrated and maybe add an AHA and BHA.

>> No.9031515

>>9031481
Hyperpigmentation. It's essentially acne scars, but they fade over time.

Get an AHA (alpha hydroxy acid) or a vitamin C serum, and wear sunscreen daily. The two former can help fade them quicker, and sun exposure can slow down how fast they fade.

>> No.9031596

>>9016160
I am also post accutane! I introduced a vitamin C serum when I got off of it and used that twice a day. It took maybe 3 months but it faded my PIH really well. About two months ago I started using an AHA to help with the scarring as well. I don't really have pitting luckily. Dermaroller is only really needed for pitting, but if you just have hyperpigmentation and regular discoloration and acne scarring, get a vitamin c serum (best thing to help fade scars) and AHA (helps remove dead skincells and bring forward new ones). But one at a time!

>> No.9031604

>>9031596
What brands/products do you use for vitamin c serum and aha?

>> No.9031622

>>9028600
Cleanser: CeraVe or Cetaphil
Toner: Thayer's witch hazel (alcohol free)
Moisturizer: Aloe Vera gel

That's the basic routine reccomended in these threads, and it's great for acne prone and sensitive skin. Those are the most gentle and basic cleanser you can get. You do this routine twice a day, every day. Once in the morning and once at night.

A lot of times oily skin is caused by not moisturizing enough. If you don't moisturize ever, you're actually drying your skin out so much every time you wash it that your face starts to over produce oil.
Tea Tree oil for spot treatment. It works even better if you cut it with something like apple cider vinegar.
Drink at least 2 liters of water a day. Staying hydrated also helps lower oil production.

Products to add later: BHA, to help keep pores clear and control acne. Stridex red box, Paula's Choice, and CosRx blackhead power liquid are the three main ones reccomended.

If you have any specific skin concerns or questions regarding products ask away, someone will answer.

>> No.9031633

>>9031402
Yes, go on birth control. Your skin as an adult is completely different than your skin as a teen. Having clear skin as a teen does not guarentee you clear skin as an adult. Drink a lot of water and cut out sugary drinks like coffee and soda. Same with junky food. You skin reflects your lifestyle - what you eat, how much you sleep, etc.

Going on birth control is very normal for women. Talk to your doctor about wanting to go on BC for hormonal acne, there are specific kinds of birth control that work better on acne. It helps regulate your hormone levels, which in turn helps curb breakouts, especially around your period. You could have the cleanest skin, but if your hormones are unbalanced, you'll still breakout. It's all about genetics.

>> No.9031645

>>9031604
I tried a few different ones before settling on the OST 2.0 serum. Everyone raved about it and I have to admit for it's price I like the results I got. It's a bit drying but my moisturizer and sunscreen helps balance that out so it doesn't bother me.
For AHA, my skin is very sensitive and acne prone so I use the CosRx whitehead power liquid. I read the review on 50shadesofsnail and some accounts of using it on reddit. It smells godawful but it works great for me, and is very gentle and hydrating. I was afraid the Paula's Choice AHA would be too strong for my skin.

>> No.9031708

>>9031513
>>9031515

Thank you anons, I'll be shopping tomorrow to see what I can find!... I also have sensitive skin so maybe I will get what >>9031645 uses.

>> No.9031791

Hey guys, I was just wondering what you'd recommend in terms of sunscreen? Preferably everyday wear sunscreen that doesn't leave too much oily residue is possible.

>> No.9031797

So, I've got a pretty decent skin care routine going on right now. I do have dark circles, but since I wear glasses, they don't bother me. However, is my normal moisturizer good enough for my eyes, to prevent wrinkles? Or should I be using eye creams for that?

>> No.9031985

Anyone have experience with sonic exfoliation, (brushes like clarisonic). It comes with with an epilator that I plan to buy, so price isn't an issue.

My skin is kind of dull and lifeless, would that help my skin or?
Also I have KP, would that help any?

>> No.9032280

>>9027625
I don't think sephora carries vit c serums, you can try the face shop if there's one nearby, I would just order it off an ab shop like testerkorea or wishtrend. Cosrx has a good aha essence along with their aha/bha toner.

>> No.9032284

>>9031791
A lot of people swear by biore uv aqua, I'm using skin aqua moisture gel at the moment but it's got a little alcohol in it which I don't mind since I've slathered on other stuff prior to application.

>> No.9032286

>>9031985
I haven't heard great things about them, if you want to exfoliate look into an aha or bha product depending on your skin type that will aid in cell turnover. Start with one and use it for a good while before deciding if you want to introduce the other as well. Generally if your oily go with bha, dry go with aha, but both are beneficial and make sure you start out slow and wear a good moisturizer with it.

>> No.9032303

>>9032286
BHA in morning and AHA at night
Also moisturise. But I feel like I could be doing something more.

>> No.9032316

>>9031633
Yeah, guess that's what I'll have to do. My lifestyle is as healthy as it could be right now, so I can't do any changes there. I've been hoping to find some miracle product that could heal everything but that isn't happening. Thanks for being so direct!

>> No.9032418

any advice for people with eczema?

>> No.9032430

I'm completely clueless about skincare. Help me, please?

I have a combination dry/oily skin, lots of redness, active acne (and scars), visible pores, and considerably sensitive skin. I have a fairly healthy lifestyle; I eat plenty of fruit and vegetables, and don't eat a lot of junk food. My skincare routine consists of a bar of soap, occasionally using a flannel to exfoliate, and (UK brand) Astral moisturiser– which is useless, but everything else I've used burns my skin.

I've tried to find aloe vera gel to use as a moisturer. But I've had no luck finding one without alcohol. Unfortunately Fruits of The Earth is out of my price range due to shipping costs– and I'd prefer something more readily available. I found sellers on eBay, who supply non brand aloe vera gel. But I'm unsure whether it's safe to purchase from them.

>> No.9032443

Are there any way products that "heal" or conceal stretchmarks? I take a medicin that makes my skin much less elastic than it's supposed to be so I have pretty ugly marks on my arms, hips, calf and knees, and it's not very funny to cosplay with that shit...

>> No.9032446

/cgl/ I was never taught skincare since it never was a problem until recently
>move locations
>have bacne and chest acne now
>use anti-acne cream on them
>doesn't work

I have no idea what to do.

>> No.9032510

anyone have any good recommendations for face sunscreens? i recently had a really bad allergic reaction to cerave AM moisturizer with SPF and i have super sensitive skin.

>> No.9032519

>>9032446
i had this problem too and my dermatologist said it was my skin reacting to my shampoo. i can't use stuff like pantene or else i get horrendous bacne

>> No.9032701

>>9031645
>>9032280
Thanks, anons!

>> No.9032887

>>9032430
Pretty sure banana boat does one without alcohol?
>>9032446
This is a complex issue so I would suggest going to /r/asianbeauty and reading the sidebar FAQs
>>9032510
Biore uv moisture is pretty popular, I'm currently using skin aqua uv gel but it has a little alcohol which I don't mind cause I'm already layered with a few other things before applying.

>> No.9033111

I got prescribed clindamycin for my acne. Should I continue applying benzoyl peroxide? And what should my routine look like with the clindamycin?

>> No.9033211

Thoughts on Lush's skincare products?

>> No.9033293

>>9032510
The same thing happened to me with Cetaphil moisturizer with SPF. I broke out with a cluster of pustules all over the right side of my chin. The Biore UV one is very good, I'd say. Leaves me a little shiny looking personally, but it's not greasy feeling.

>> No.9033638

>>9033211
The charcoal scrub is amazing! I also like the sea salt scrub.

>> No.9033963

>>9016156
I am exactly the same way, maybe even worse. Even steroid creams weren't working for me, but one day i decided to go to lush and buy full of grace, and let me tell you, literally the best thing i've done for my skin! It helped clear my skin of redness and dry, flakey patches. I rub it on my skin when i wake up and before i go to sleep. Because i cant use a lot of products on my skin, my skin routine only consists of full of grace, plus once a week i exfoliate with Bûche de Noël. Bûche de Noël is an extremely good cleanser for sensitive and dry skin because it's not rough at all. I think they only sell it on christmas though, but im certain that lush has other cleansers/exfoliators that work just as well.

>> No.9034017

>>9033211
I love Dark Angels. It was one of my favorite cleansers

>> No.9034264

Any tips on spreading on products that dry too quickly? My sunscreen thickens up and dries in the blink of an eye, so half the time I'm just tugging at my face trying to get it on evenly.

>> No.9034340
File: 127 KB, 429x640, aqua.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9031791
>>9032284
This. I use Biore uv aqua every time I go outside and I love it. It melts in to your skin super fast and leaves no oily residue!

>> No.9034367

>>9032418
Moisturize! My derm reckons 4 times a day minimum which is really tricky for facial eczema. Also remember that because your skin barrier is usually compromised somewhat due to having dry skin that you are more likely to react to just about everything, so stuff like Lush which has heaps of scents can make it worse. I manage with Steam Cream at the moment, but that has some scent in it which could cause reactions.

>>9032443
Vitamin E and A creams, jojoba oil and massaging the stretch marks for at least 5 minutes twice per day

>>9033211
Too much scent and not enough actual results, also the company has enough controversy about how their founders treat their employees that I don't want to buy from them

>>9034264
Don't spread, dab them on to small areas

>> No.9034544

>>9032887
I can't seem to find Banana Boats alcohol free aloe vera, anon?

>> No.9037506

>>9033111
Yes, if you think it helps. Many people put spot treatments later in their routine, after they do their toner and any chemical exfoliants. I personally don't use clindamycin but I do use benzoyl peroxide to active acne (i.e. zits) after my exfoliant and before moisturising.

>> No.9037668

>>9016156
For a cleanser, you could try Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser. It doesn't make my eczema worse. But if you're having flareups, I strongly suggest you go see a doctor!

>> No.9037697

>>9032303
The thing with skincare is that it takes time, and you don't want to overdo it. The best thing for your face will always be patience, and consistency. You won't get maximum benefits unless you give things time to do its job. I'd suggest physically exfoliating twice a week, and maybe a vitamin c to brighten your skin. If you don't feel comfortable with a clarisonic, try something like a charcoal scrub.

>> No.9037700

>>9032316
Sorry, I was afraid I was coming off too abrubt. I had a period of time where I refused to go on BC because i was so uncomfortable at the thought of it. Turned out that going on helped settle my hormones and suddenly I didn't have anymore sudden stupid breakouts. I could have had clearer skin for years if I had just bit the bullet and went on it.

>> No.9037720

I have stalked these treads and researched via Google, to create a very basic (and natural) skincare routine. Am I on the right track? I have oily/dry combination skin, with active acne.
Makeup remover– coconut oil
Cleanser– raw honey and rosehip syrup
Toner– diluted apple cider vinegar
Nightly moisturiser– shea butter OR aloe vera gel
Daily moisturiser– ???

>> No.9037812

>>9037720
coconut oil is comedogenic, that shit will make your acne worse. the honey works well as a spot treatment or mask, tho

>> No.9037820

>>9037720
You can use semen as a daily moisturizer, works great

>> No.9037846

>>9037812
Could you suggest an alternative makeup remover, anon? I don't wear makeup often, but would like to avoid any potential breakouts.

>>9037820
You've tried and tested that method, I assume? Sounds like it would cause breakouts. I'll pass.

>> No.9037863

>>9034367
I'm curious about this controversy. I like working for them and I've never heard complaints from coworkers.

>> No.9037869

>>9037846
googled non comedogenic oils for face bc i personally use baby wipes but that doesn't suit the natural thing you're going for. what came up were:
Hemp Seed Oil.
Argan Oil.
Shea Butter.
Sunflower Seed Oil.
Neem Oil.
Jojoba Oil (technically a liquid wax ester)
Sweet Almond Oil.
also, i'd rec using the shea butter at night and the aloe vera gel during the day. the gel is much lighter than the shea butter and it'd do just fine for a daily moisturizer so long as it's alcohol-free

>> No.9037873

>>9037869
forgot to mention that even tho the oils are non-comedogenic, your skin can still be sensitive to them and break out due to them. so do spot tests etc and experiment with diff oils. my friend's face hates argan oil for instance

>> No.9037915

>>9037869
Thank you, anon! I wasn't aware jojoba oil could remove makeup. I'm going to give it a try; I've heard lots of great things about jojoba oil. And thank you for the moisturiser and spot testing advice.

>> No.9037930

What should i do to reduce redness on my face?

>> No.9037966

I haven't found a sheet mask I like. They're always so oily feeling. I use clay masks a lot lately, with it being summer in asshole Florida. I also have found a whitening cream that promises to lighten skin over time but also has titanium dioxide so it gives you instant pale face. Amaze. Shouvy is the brand, made in Thailand designed in Japan. I think the Japanese part is its selling point, sincerely doubt it exists there.

>> No.9037985

>>9037720
Just get Baby Oil and use that.

>> No.9037994

Suggestions for Ceramide? I think that I'm reacting to Rosette Ceramide Gel. I am sensitive to parabens and fatty alcohols, which cuts out on a lot that I want to try.

>> No.9038341

>>9034544
idk what anon is talking about because Banana Boat is not alcohol free. Fruit of the Earth is the easiest to get that's alcohol free. A step up would be Lily of the Desert.

>> No.9038348

>>9037720
Just get Cetaphil or CeraVe as your cleanser, I don't know where you got the idea for raw honey and rosehip syrup? That is more of a mask that you apply rather than a face wash. That's the type of stuff you wash off of your face, not wash with? The body shop also has a good line with tea tree oil in it, you might prefer that cleanser. For the toner, dilute with green tea and keep in the fridge for maximum benefits. That may also turn out to be too harsh for your skin though. If so, get Thayer's alochol free witch hazel, and use the ACV as a spot treatment for acne instead. Also drinking a tablespoon of ACV in a glass of water each day helps your skin from the inside. It is full of vitamins and helps balance your pH.

Daily moisturizer - aloe vera gel. You need to understand that aloe vera gel absorbs very quickly. That would be your daily moisturizer, for someone with oily skin. Your night time moisturizer/night cream is generally heavier. That would be what the shea butter is for.

I understand you want an all natural routine, but as someone who started off using most of this, I learned that half of the things did not actually agree with my skin, caused me to break out even worse, or simply didn't work.

Active acne, I'd say try manuka honey or aztec healing clay mask. Aside from drinking ACV, look into cod fish liver oil, taking a spoonful of that a day also helps a lot with active acne.

Don't forget that you need to watch what you eat, how much you sleep, sugar intake, etc. to also help your skin. You acne could also ultimately be caused by hormones as well.

>> No.9038636

>>9038348
Thank you for the advice, anon– you've been very helpful. Quite a few websites recommend raw honey as a cleanser? Unfortunately I've had an allergic reaction to Cetaphil in the past– otherwise it would have been my first choice. Tea tree oil also irritates my eyes, as does most makeup and moisturisers. Whether I'd experience that issue with AC, I'm not sure? Which is less harsh AC or witch hazel? The AC recipe I am going to use calls for green tea, and I do eat (on salads) and drink AC occasionally– so a daily habit should be easy to adapt to.

My face has oily patches, but for the most part is prone to dryness. I'm not sure how my skin will react to aloe, as I have had reactions to plant extracts in the past. I've ordered a small container of Fruits of the Earth. I've also ordered a test of shea butter too.

I'm not completely against off the counter products. It would seem natural products are my last resort though. As I can't seem to find any store bought products that don't make my skin burn.

As for my diet, I eat quite well. I eat my five a day, lots of vegetables, plenty of fish, etc. I don't drink alcohol, and the only thing I eat in terms of junk food is chocolate. I do take sugar in my coffee though? I work on a farm, therefore I'm very active. I have thought my acne could by hormonal, and the previous posts to this thread have encourage me to arrange a Doctor's appointment.

>> No.9038650

>>9038636
jesus, tea tree oil would irritate anyone's eyes! keep that shit away from your mucus membranes!

>> No.9038654

>>9037863
This was shit that I remember seeing in the news about 5 or so years ago, mainly to do with employees in the UK not getting a living wage and the founder being a real arse, managers ignoring the EU working directives etc. Since then I think there's been more of a turnaround due to the bad press, but amongst the very anti Lush sentiment if you Google "the smell of bullshit" + lush, there are some serious issues that only got resolved due to poor PR rather than any goodwill on the part of the company

>> No.9038666

>>9038650
Oh no, I'm aware of that. Tea tree oil makes my eyes water, when I apply it to my hair or skin. And it also makes my skin feel stripped of natural oils. Don't worry, I've never applied tea tree oil anywhere near my eyes!

>> No.9039177

>>9038666
Wait, are you applying TT oil straight up? You gotta dilute that shit first regardless of where you're applying it.

>> No.9039188

I just wanna say that after following the advice of these threads my face broke out horribly. Aloe Vera gel tightened and agitated my skin and rose witch hazel has done nothing for me. It seems like the only thing that helps my skin is not washing my face at all and applying prosacea. My skin is finally clearing up back to normal, and I don't even have sensitive skin.

>> No.9039189

>>9039188
Some people just do better with the "less is more" route, anon. Skincare is totally YMMV. Just because it didn't work for you doesn't mean it doesn't work for others, and just because it worked for them doesn't mean it'll work for you.

>> No.9039198

>>9032316
Different anon, I wouldn't go on bc unless you have to or you'll have the time to experiment. It helped me have a clean face sure, but I also had dreams of fetuses every night and intense suicidal urges. For your bc it can take three months to go into full swing so if you notice negatives you'll have to take a new pill and try again and wait that three months for more possible negative side effects. I eventually have up and had to stop taking it, so yeah, it's not that easy for everyone.

>> No.9039243

>>9039177
No, I have used products that include tea tree oil– e.g. facial cleansers, scrubs, etc. They reacted with my skin, but not my sister's.

>> No.9039575

I'm normally good about wearing sunscreen, but I forgot it once and got a sunburn on my arms. The sunburn has healed, but now there's a tan on only the part of my arms that got sunburned. It's not attractive. Would it be a good idea to use a whitening cream to try make it the same color as the rest of my skin? Any recommendations for brands or anything?

>> No.9039578 [DELETED] 

>>9039575
Clorox should work

>> No.9039599

>>9039575
No, just exfoliate, keep using sunscreen and wait.

>>9038636
Is some of your acne related to your work environment? I imagine a farm could potentially be quite dirty and have a lot of potential skin irritants floating around compared to a office job.

>> No.9039731
File: 76 KB, 1280x721, Best Boy.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Pls no bully /fit/izen

What's a good way to reduce nose blackheads as a male?

Currently using Cerave lotion, Thayers Non Alco Witch Hazel, a Rosalin wash and occasionally some Benzoyl cream everyday. I assume the Cerave probably makes the blackheads worse, but I have a dry ass face so I have to use it.

ctrl f'd and saw the two posts about blackheads in this thread already - but anybody with more specific advice would be greatly appreciated.

>> No.9039740

>>9039731
Are they blackheads for sure, or sebaceous filaments? For the latter konjac sponges work well, but they'll always come back in a short matter of time. You can buy the sponge at target or amazon, don't use it but a few times a week.

>> No.9039749

>>9039740

Look to be filaments fampai. Glad I don't actually have blackheads.

Is there anything I can do aside from the sponges to have less of them? I was on a huge load of meds for a bit that helped a decent amount, but that led to waaaay too much dry skin among other things so I had to stop (Doxycylcine, benzoyl, rosalin)

Always come back - I'm 18, still growing hard, is it something I'll probably grow out of or am I cursed to have slightly noticeable black needle dot nose.

>> No.9039756

>>9038636
I found ACV to be more harsh than the Thayers. It just dried me out too much. I like the Rose Petal Witch Hazel from Thayers, and the ACV as my spot treatment.

For aloe vera, you could just pick up a tiny thing of Fruit of the Earth from the travel section of your local Walmart or Target. Generally, if you have a reaction to aloe vera it is because it was a brand that has alcohol and/or coloring in it, like Banana Boat. 100% pure aloe vera gel brands are probably the most gentle of all gentle non-greasy moisturizers you can possibly get.

For a face mask, look into manuka honey. You'll want the really good active kind. Also, have you gotten your hormones tested? Most of the time, as an adult, our acne is caused by a hormone imbalance that is fixed by simply going on birth control.

As someone with sensitive skin, your problem is most likely that western products are simply too harsh. It's what happened to me. I thought I was allergic to willow bark extract for the longest time. Turns out that Burts Bees products just have so many stupid additives that are irritants. Now I use a BHA daily that has willow bark in it and I'm fine. Stupidly harsh and irritating chemicals is why I switched to mostly asian skincare products.

Look into the oil cleansing method for your face wash, if you are allergic to Cetaphil. CeraVe is good for acne, but a lot of anons here use jojoba oil or other natural oils instead.

>> No.9039760

>>9039189
This. Aloe Vera gel is my main moisturizer and I reapply it regularly throughout the day. I also like the Rose Petal witch hazel because it doesn't irritate my skin like other toners I've tried. It's not supposed to do anything really for you aside from reset the pH of your skin after cleansing. The only real benefits you'll get is from actives and serums, so idk what anon expected to get from a toner of all things.

>> No.9039766

>>9039198
That is why it is reccomended you get your hormones tested before going on BC, anon. To see if it's really necessary. The fuck are you on about, dreams about fetuses?

>> No.9039770

>>9039749
You could always try and AHA/BHA to reduce their appearance. Yes, I know they don't technically shrink, but they do look less noticable on happy well nourished skin. Do you have any active acne or do you have dry skin?
Generally your pores are bigger/look stretched from squeezing. Just keep in mind that everybody has them, and anyone who says otherwise is full of shit or photoshopped.

>> No.9040269

I'm going camping and need skme advice. Good sun cream? And how do I wash my face while camping?

>> No.9040312

>>9040269
EltaMD is good, so is Biore. Try a micellar water for cleansing--no other water required.

>> No.9040426

>>9040312
Cheers Anon, appreciate it

>> No.9041376

http://themothergreenway.com/the-boutique

Her scrubs are fantastic! It makes your skin feel very clean and radiant, and leaves it super soft. Also helps with any acne that pops up.

I really recommend her stuff, but if you're getting the coffee scrub-don't expect it to smell like coffee. Still works wonderfully though!

>> No.9042523

Any recs for eye creams/products? I already use an eye cream but within the last season the area around my eyes have been extra dry and makeup in the eye area always dries up/gets that cakey look now when it didn't before. I also have dark-ish undereye circles so if anyone has a rec that can tackle two birds with one stone that would be great

I have sensitive combo dry skin if it helps to know.

>> No.9042551

Dumb question about sunscreen such as Biore UV aqua - I haven't bought it yet but I plan to

In terms of Asian skincare and sunscreens, I have only ever read that you put it on once in the morning with your AM routine and then take it off at night. However, Western sunscreens always say right away to put it on every 2 hours.

I take it you still have to replenish every 2 hours with asian sunscreens? Does this mess up anybody's makeup when they go to reapply?

>> No.9042570

>>9042551
I honestly just apply my sunscreen once in the morning unless I'm specifically outside all day, like at the beach or something.

>> No.9043916

My t zone is absolutely dry. No matter what I do, I wake up to it flaking (very large flakes). Wearing foundation is difficult because it ends up looking flaky. Anyone have a similar issue and how did you handle it?

>> No.9043923

My nose always seems to look bumpy. I have combination skin, and it's not pimples. I think they sebaceous filaments? I've been using Aztec Secret clay mask mixed with apple cider vinegar every week for like a year and I have a solid skincare routine. It seems to really minimize them but the bumpy texture is still there. I don't know what else I can do. Advice?

>> No.9043936

I the skin on my chin gets flaky when i grew a beard but if i leave it without shaving for even 3 day it get red and irritated after shaving for a few days. Like psoriasis. Anyone have any tip for getting rid or the redness or even the skin so i can grow a beard without dandruff.

>> No.9044030

>>9043923
I know it's not recommended but I use those pore mask/strips, they fill back up but I only do it when it gets pretty unbearable. I have an extractor thing like for pimples but the mask/strips work the best imo for actually getting the whole thing out. I tone immediately after rinsing the area where I had the mask.

>> No.9044041

>>9038654
Ah, thanks for answering. The founder always seemed kind of dickish to me, but at least I can research some background on that.
Probably doesn't matter to you, but it looks like they've improved a lot since then. I just filled out this anonymous yearly survey for employees and according to my manager they actually take note and that's why they've raised wages the last couple times. They pay more than any comparable job in the area otherwise I wouldn't be there.

>back to skincare
They're releasing a facial scrub for fathers day that I'm actually fond of, smugglers soul. It's good for exfoliating if you're not fond of how coarse salt or sugar can be. I have oily skin that gets flakey in my t-zone and using this after dark angels has given me good results.

>> No.9044496

21'ish male here. I have a pretty good skin routine, but my forehead wrinkles have started to get a lot worse, or they are "here to stay". Not sure if it's because of lifting my eyebrows or just bad genes. I've tried a few anti-wrinkle creams, A Vitamin cream and some other natural cream which's name I can't remember atm, but most of them either haven't worked or the results have been so small even after few months of usage.

They're usually worse when I have slept little, but are still pretty visible even if I have slept well and drank a lot of water through the day.

Give me advices so I can start to like my face again.

>> No.9044507

>>9044496
Sunscreen, retinol, and plenty of moisturizing will minimize the looks, but otherwise there's not much you can do to remove wrinkles that are already there--prevention is the best weapon.

If you're really desperate you might try dermarolling, but be careful and make sure you do your research first.

>> No.9045128

>>9044041
Yeah, as I say it was a while ago. I think being a big multinational it varies from country to country as well. I still don't buy from Lush anyway because none of the products do anything for me - I'm mainly using Asian skincare and actives because that's the only thing that's kept my skin clear of acne.

>> No.9045141
File: 1.50 MB, 250x233, 1444127174778.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9039766
>Dreams about fetuses.

I bet she was raised in a family that used the word 'fornication.'

>> No.9045158

>>9031633
>sugary drinks like coffee

Is black coffee in any way negative for your skin? I drink 2-6 cups of black coffee a day.

I sometimes seem to randomly break out and I'm not sure why (other than my couple days of PMS acne a month)

>> No.9045182

I have normal skin which is quite prone to acne and very prone to blemishes and redness. Could anyone recommend me a good moisturiser and toner? Something that feels a bit 'heavier' and more hydrating would be good. I'm trying to build up a routine but nothing I've been using so far seems to have helped.
With the moisturiser, I'm keen on getting something that's easily available in the UK as I've just finished my previous one and didn't get a new one in time, oops.

>> No.9045190

>finally manage to get my skin semi clear
>hit head on something and cut forehead open

Now i look weird because i just have those little strip plasters over it and the nurse recommended not covering it. I'm so worried about it getting infected/scarring, and it makes it hard to wast my face because the nurse said not to cover it but also not to get it wet. I'm a dumb dumb.

Anyway, I recently got some of this Aztec healing clay stuff (it was mentioned further up in the thread), but does anyone have any experience with it? The reviews seem promising. I've only used it once so far and definitely recommend doing it before showering so you can wash the smell of vinegar off.

>> No.9045192

Are tolymoly sheet masks any good?

>> No.9045196

>>9039766
I had nightmares about dead baby fetuses. I have no idea why, beats me. It's common to have weird ass dreams if you get on the wrong BC. If anything I'd suggest you get some other method of BC that isn't the pill. I heard the insert one is pretty good.

>> No.9045198

>>9045182
I like the Bravura London 15% glycolic acid night cream. It has been a godsend for my acne, but is not a super hydrating moisturiser in my opinion due to the chemical exfoliation. I use that with Steam Cream layered over the top but I would build up to that as the 15% can be quite harsh for some people. If you know your acne is triggered by any of the ingredients in steam cream I would steer clear of it though.

Aside from the Cosrx Skin Returning A Sol I haven't found a toner I like enough to repurchase. I'm thinking I might try the Bravura London one soon, although I was not really sold on their BHA/AHA liquids when I tried them as nothing changed.

>>9045158
Coffee in the amounts you're drinking could be because the caffeine makes you pee more and is dehydrating, and it can also increase your cortisol levels which can cause acne. The only real way to know if that's the case for you is to meticulously document what your skin is like now for a month, drop the coffee and other caffeinated drinks for a month and compare.

>> No.9045208

>>9045196
It can also be between different pills as well because the dose of hormones is different between them, "the pill" refers to a dozen different ones. So even if you react to one you can be fine with another one, but generally most people find the higher the dose of hormone the more likely they are to have side effects.

>> No.9045258

>>9045198
Thank you anon, I'll check them out. Do they have any good day creams too?
I have that Cosrx one too and I actually wasn't entirely sure if it was a toner or not... How are you using it? I feel like it hasn't done anything for me so far which surprised me as it seems to be getting pretty rave reviews on blogs and such.

>> No.9045316

>>9045258
I use it just as a toner, and I mainly got it to help with the appearance of blackheads and hopefully help stop them turning into active zits which it seems to have helped somewhat as I don't seem to get any whilst using it. It does nothing for the little lumps I get under my skin (like the pre-whitehead ones), active acne, or the deeper lumps I get that aren't quite cysts but stubborn and don't like to come to a head.
The Bravura London cream seems to really help with the little lumps which means they don't turn into deep lumps/active acne - I still get the odd cluster of zits at certain times of the month but they're tiny surface ones rather than the horrible sore large ones I used to have and my forehead in particular seems much smoother.
They don't really have any day creams, their Azulene moisturiser didn't really agree with my skin last winter (hence I switched to the Steam Cream layered, although I might not need this coming into summer)

To be honest there's not yet been a toner I really liked in a Holy Grail way, but I use them just because they're supposed to help with skin pH for other acids.

>> No.9046741

>>9039749
>>9039770
I agree with the BHA but I would get a cleanser too before you get a BHA and do that once a week.

>> No.9046747

>>9039188
Did you do it all at once or take the time to introduce one after the other? If you did do the latter then it's no wonder why your skin freaked out the way it did. If you did the former, its all YMMV. I've tried enough products that 4/5 people love and I just so happen to be the one person who doesn't

>> No.9048025

I was at local health food store and came across a tub of 99% "pure" aloe vera gel. I currently purchase Fruit of the Earth online, and it works out fairly expensive due to shipping fees. Are these ingredients safe to apply to the skin, or should I continue using fote? I Googled the ingredients, but my scientific knowledge is pretty basic. I gather Phenoxyethanol is a form of alcohol?

Aqua, Aloe barbadensis Leaf Juice, Glycerin, Carbomer, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Hydroxide, Tetrasodium EDTA, Citric Acid, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate.

>> No.9048064

>>9045182
Cetaphil and Cerave get really good reviews for drugstore brand moisturizers. They're scent free and good for not irritating sensitive skin. I use the l'occitane facial moisturizer and like it, but will probably switch to one of those two because they're way cheaper.

>> No.9048070

>>9045182
I'm really liking Benton's snail bee cream. Heavy moisturizer that soaks up easily and doesn't leave grease.
As far as I remember, Benton's whole shtick is less ingredients/sensitive skin safe, so I'd check them out for thier serums and toners to see what you'd like.

>> No.9048102
File: 227 KB, 1280x960, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

What are good cleansers/toners/moisturizers for combination skin? The only face products I've used are the body shop's tea tree ones and while they get rid of some acne they always leave my cheeks looking like this. I live in the desert(110 degrees today)and my skin keeps producing excess oil to combat the dry air and its fucking up my face.

>> No.9048167

I'm not sure what happened but the area right under my lips is so irritated and peeling. It feels like it's burning. Is there anything I can do to help with this? I've been religiously applying aloe vera gel to it, and I put on my heaviest moisturizer topped with some vasoline to lock in the moisture.
I'm probably going to do a sheet mask tonight to see if it helps. I have a Royal Jelly one, Snail mask, and Donkey Milk healing, which do you think would help the most?

>> No.9048174

>>9048102
oh jesus, teatree should be applied topically, twice or three times a week. Are you not using a moisturizer? You're stripping your skin of so much good stuff that there's no wonder you're breaking out.

sensitive cleaners and moisturiser twice a day (probably with an eye cream if you're as crepey as I imagine), teatree toned down to 2-3 times a week, with moisturiser. Use a gel moisturiser if you're afraid of 'greasy' skin.

>> No.9048198
File: 104 KB, 632x709, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>9048174
The moisturizer is tea tree as well. I got their entire line as a gift and its all I've been using. Thank you for your suggestions! I'm rather dumb when it comes to skin products. I'm the only one in my family who isn't dark skinned so the products that they gift me don't always work well with my skin type. Pic is of my eye.

>> No.9048690

Anyone have recommendations for healing/preventing chapped lips? For whatever reason (allergies? change in weather? idfk) my lips always get chapped as hell in the springtime and everything I've tried has failed. I've tried Vaseline (regular & medicated for lips), Burt's Bees, Nivea Lip Butter, Nivea Kiss of Moisture, Softlips, EOS, Chapstick (I know it has alcohol in it, but at that point I was ready to try anything), Blistex... am I just doomed?

I've been making sure to stay hydrated as well in case that has something to do with it, but so far nothing's really helped.

>> No.9048697

>>9048690
Have you tried carmex? Its works really well for my chapped lips.

>> No.9048825

>>9048690
Layer! Put a cream on first like a lip butter then an occlusive like Vaseline.

>> No.9049150

I get really bad acne on my upper back every summer. It's starting up again now. If salicylic acid doesn't work, benzoyl peroxide doesn't work, and simply keeping the area clean doesn't work, what is my next course of action?

>> No.9049638

>>9049150
Glycolic acid, tea tree oil, clindamycin...plenty of spot treatments you can try!

>> No.9049663

>>9049150
Zinc soap if you suspect it might be fungal acne.

>> No.9050130

I have this one spot under my skin that just will not purge no matter what I do. I went on accutane, started BHA/AHA, got a clay mask, etc. This spot just won't come up, and I can feel it right under my skin under my cheek. Is there anything I can do? I've resulted to just lancing the spot, going about my regular routine and applying a hydrocolloid bandage when I'm home. It managed to bring some of the spot to head and then completely healed over, but there's still junk in there. Why is this one particular area so stubborn?

>> No.9050197

Any kind of advice would be really helpful, I'm a pretty big skincare noob. Anyway, I've been on the recommended basic skincare routine for about 6 months. Cetaphil Facial Cleanser, TN Dickinson's Witch Hazel, and then Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream in the morning, after which I would apply primer and makeup if I'm wearing any that day. For night it's the same routine except after applying the witch hazel, I use the red box Stridex and leave it on for about an hour before applying the moisturizer. My skin isn't particularly oily or dry, so I think it's normal type. I do have acne pimples that I'd like to get rid of. I get blackheads sometimes, but usually there's just a few whiteheads on my cheeks and forehead. I think the Stridex helps in healing them but I'd like to add a spot treatment and maybe something else to help prevent the acne better. As a side note, I think I have an under the skin pimple in the corner of my nose right now. I can't see any kind of head but the area is swollen and it hurts. I've had a few pimples like that before but I could always see them.. is this one just really deep? Any treatment advice?

>> No.9050207

>>9048697
That's probably the one drugstore product I haven't tried yet. Thanks!
>>9048825
I'll try it out, thanks anon!

>> No.9052183

>>9048690
I had the worst dermatitis around my lips ever and the thing that fixed it was ChopSaver Gold. It's a lip balm aimed at musicians, so they sell it in guitar stores.