[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 25 KB, 320x320, 10843816_328601817332071_1225665050_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9082096 No.9082096 [Reply] [Original]

Previous thread >>9070139

We had a good discussion in the last thread, lets keep it going. For all those ladies who have a SO, what has been your gf's reaction to lolita fashion?

>> No.9082593

I was really happy to see how many other healthy relationships the other gulls have!

>> No.9082606

My boyfriend doesn't understand why I'm interested in lolita fashion and doesn't like how much the pieces sell for. He's into other expensive hobbies like motorbikes and cars though so I'm confused why he can't connect the dots. I still wear it on weekends regardless of what he thinks of it.

>> No.9084070

my bf is actually super supportive of my love of lolita and is wanting to get an ouji coord to wear with me!

he's super into warhammer and videogames, so he gets that some fun hobbies are just pricey, so now he wants his own outfit because ega reminds him of Bloodborne

>> No.9084074

Dont know if it counts, but my girlfriend was actually the one who bought me my first dress. She saw me being super indecisive and helped me finally pick one to start out with. I feel like I never would have started if she didn't help. She's since bought her own dresses and now we get to have dates in Lolita so I'd say she's pretty okay with it. She does get a bit worried about the cost sometimes, but it helps me out in the end by keeping me from spending my whole paycheck.

>> No.9084075

my boyfriend vastly prefers more form fitting clothing but he's very supportive of my hobby otherwise. We went to high tea last weekend which was fun and there are still quite a few to visit in town so it won't be the last. I also tend to interchange between the two styles so it's a nice medium.

>> No.9084086

My boyfriend thinks it's ugly. He would never complain about it though. I think he dresses badly too (mismatched sporty clothes). When I show him pictures of meets he just questions OTT, because I wear lolita all the time (just not at work) he thought they always dress like that too. I told him some of them just wear it to meets and usually wear normie clothes and he thinks that's even weirder.
I've lied to him about how expensive it is in the beginning of our relationship and now I feel really bad about it..

>> No.9084090
File: 52 KB, 800x656, 1466981842237.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Every single girl I've dated thought I was weird for wearing lolita and one even thought I was into ddlg or some shit like that

>> No.9084471

I'm a Lolita husband but I'm also into j-fashion, have been for a long time. I am her voice of reasoning when it comes to spending money on things. Though I do admit sometimes I can't help but buy her things just to see that happy face.
Any other S/O's have problems keeping to budget but can't help but spoil?

>> No.9084626

my girlfriend and i both participate in J-fash, myself lingering more in spank! and sweet lolita and herself p much exclusively classic. its wonderful

>> No.9084791

My boyfriend is pretty supportive of most of my hobbies, lolita included. He bought me the Kiss Me Cat OP and tights when he was in Japan as a surprise present - I had asked for the tights because Marie, but hadn't really thought about the OP at all. He doesn't find lolita overly expensive because he tends to shop at stores like Politix and Ted Baker - he's not exactly going to criticize me for a $100 dress that I bought second hand when that's as much as he spent on a shirt. He isn't interested in dressing up with me so much as he already has his own preferred style, but has been talking recently about getting more colour in his wardrobe so that it's easier to match me when we go out.

>>9082606
It's weird that your boyfriend doesn't get it. It's like..you have your expensive hobby I have mine. That being said, my boyfriend has recently gotten into biking and for some reason he always "needs" new biking gear. I suppose I also "need" five different dresses with a strawberry theme.

>>9084070
That's super sweet of your bf! When mine played Bloodbourne I got "I think you'll really like the design in this game" but no expression of interest in EGA or ouji.

>> No.9084942

>>9084471
Brian is that you

>> No.9085063

>>9084942
Nope not Brian. Not sure who that is really, but whoever he is maybe we should trade info so we can have a 'stop spoiling my wife' talking section.

>> No.9085068

Boyfriend is a /k/ommando. I don't get his guns, he doesn't really get my dresses (or fashion in general)

Some gems:
>thought "petticoat" was a tiny coat
>doesn't know the difference between a dress and a skirt
>asked why something that was ruched was wrinkled

But we get along well and everything's chill. I would never expect him to be able to figure out how to buy me a dress but he's split dresses with my best friend, who knows what I like and how to get things. I've also bought him a rifle but just gave him the money for it because I can't purchase them myself.

>> No.9085247

My husband likes my lolita stuff and encourages it. He offers to buy/help pay for dresses but I don't want him spending his money on that shit. We do couple cosplays together also.

>> No.9085537

My boyfriend said it's really childish, weird and that the colors don't fit me at all, so I just ended up dropping the clothes altogether. I was already losing interest in gothic lolita, though, so it wasn't all him.

Now I want to get back into it, but maybe with sweet instead.. but I don't know.

>> No.9086229

My gf and I are both into j-fashion. She leans more into punk looks w/ some gal influences, where I'm a gothloli. She's very supportive and always tells me how beautiful I look and gets excited when I buy new dresses. Feels awesome man.

>> No.9086278

He says he loves every new dress more than the last, thinks i'm adorable, pretends to support.
But any time we get in a spat he mentions how much I've spent on clothes like it's a bad thing.
He spends just as much on his hobby (guns & 40k.)

>> No.9087525

My bf has been going to cons and was a longtime seagull before I met him, which was coincidentally at a cgl roomparty. I actually sat near him at a lolita panel beforehand but we didn't talk to each other. And funnily enough, a year before all that, he tried to add me from a cgl friend thread but accidentally messed up my username. I think we were just meant to be with each other despite the failed attempts beforehand lol.

Anyways, he used to be into visual kei and is interested in getting back into jfash. He's super supportive of me and loves me in lolita, and has bought most of my jsks and main accessories actually. He dislikes normies and how revealing some clothes are, so he really enjoys the lolita look of conservative and cuteness. The only problem is we have different tastes but there's not that big of a gap, and even then we're growing to like each other's tastes and meet in the middle. He tries to match my outfits but wants to start investing in his own ouji/aristo wardrobe soon enough.

>>9084471
My bf used to be really bad with spoiling me, but has cut back since he has to be responsible with his finances. Honestly I figure he was trying to get me to fall for him and now that I'm dying to marry him, he feels like he doesn't need to spoil me anymore. My materialistic side pouts at this but I'm really happy that he cared about me enough to get me gifts anyways. I think your wife feels the same and is glad to be with someone so sweet so you shouldn't feel bad for not spoiling her all the time. Bless your heart though, I hope more seagulls find more guys like you two!

>> No.9087531
File: 257 KB, 320x583, Triggered.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9086278
40k is super expensive, let alone guns. What a hypocrite.

>> No.9087890
File: 19 KB, 342x500, 1456932914738.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9084090
I feel you man. With the path of frills also comes the path of loneliness for us guys.

>> No.9087919
File: 2.46 MB, 4032x3024, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9086278
>>9087531
>tfw I'm a Lolita and I play 40k

Help anons. I have no control over my life.

>> No.9087925
File: 925 KB, 3200x1800, 2015-11-13_00062.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9087919
>tfw no loli/40k loving gf

Tabletop's too extortionately expensive, though, so I stick to vidya and novelizations.

>> No.9089533

I actually just asked my boyfriend about my (somewhat new) lolita hobby because of this thread. He was worried about me getting into it when I first expressed interest in it a while back because I was so eager to dive head-first into it as a beginner and was planning on buying all sorts of pieces and accessories, and thought that if it wound up not being something I was really into then I'd just be wasting all my money. But here we are several months deep into my lolita interest and we both now know it's something I'm pretty passionate about, and he's fully supportive of it. He's also curious about how he could match me when I'm in it. :D

>> No.9089540

>>9085537
Most guys tolerate gothic or classic way better than sweet if they already think lolita fashion in general is a bit weird. Might want to test that theory out with him before actually jumping in. Show him some sweet photos and let us know his reactions.
I'm curious to see how it goes, actually.

>> No.9089782
File: 453 KB, 891x882, rad.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9087919
I feel your pain anon

>> No.9089790

>note to self: wear "I don't mind how much you spend on burando" shirt to next con

>> No.9090806

>>9085537
If he thought gothic was childlish then he'll probably find sweet just as bad if not worse.

Do you have friends or a local comm? Maybe someone can lend you something to test the waters before you invest in a wardrobe again. It's such a pain to start over, so if you don't know, this may be the best way to make up your mind.

>> No.9090809

>>9087919
Please tell me you paint your minis in cute colours to match your dresses

>> No.9090845

>>9089790
This would be funny, actually.

>> No.9091218

>>9086229
Hnnng now I'm imagining rokku gal + gothic lolita..I hope this is a thing you guys do.

>> No.9091366

>>9089790
Shawty, I don't mind if you spend all your dough
Just so you can buy clothes
Shawty, I don't mind when you work until three
Just to get that AP
Go get that burando, burando, burando
Your burando, burando, burando
'Cause I know how it is, go and handle your biz
And get that burando, burando, burando
Your burando, burando, burando
You can buy all those clothes
Long as you coming home, girl, I don't mind

>> No.9091390

My ex was really supportive and found it attractive in a non-sexual way before we started dating. In his is fb stalking phase as he called it.
He had no interest in wearing anything j-fashion related and desu I didn't mind so long as he was supportive of me.
He even bought me one of my dream dresses from Haenuli, as well as several accesories.
I fear I won't meet someone as loving, supportive, attractive, and caring as he was.
All this is made worse by the fact we were separated by distance rather than differences.

>> No.9091669

>>9090809
This is important, how do you coord your armies

>> No.9095687

bump

>> No.9096870

>>9082096
I was already married before I got into lolita. My spouse likes it and supports it, but he's not interested in dressing up himself. He also prefers that I don't wear lolita on our dates out, because he's uncomfortable with public attention put on him by our vast difference in appearance. I am OK with this, as I have opportunity enough to dress in lolita to meetups, the odd weekend day running errands or shopping, and casual Fridays at work.

While I prefer gothic lolita and classic lolita, my husband likes seeing me in sweet the most. So he rejoices when I add sweet to my wardrobe.

We handle the finances by each having a hobby budget that can roll over monthly, $150 each per month. We set the two budgets up in a single mint.com account, and set the email notifications to go to both of our emails. That way if either of us overspend on a budget, both of us get an automatic notification. This way we can keep doing our hobbies while still having shared goals like traveling or buying a house.

I think I hit the jackpot with him.

>> No.9099457

My boyfriend thinks lolita is adorable! We're just about to hit our year anniversary and I'm just now really getting into wearing the fashion. I've been wearing sweet and he loves it! He thinks it's so cute and innocent and he likes how much it contrasts how much of a punk I usually look like. He likes hearing about the dresses I'm looking into and he even wants to help me pick out outfits since he thinks it's a neat process

As for the price, I pay for my wardrobe and I stick to secondhand and mostly bodyline right now. He thinks the more expensive dresses are weird but he's into magic so he knows how expensive a hobby can get if you don't reign it in. I honestly love him so much.

>> No.9100030

>>9099457
He's into magic? Like he's a wizard? Or do you mean like a stage magician? I can see how the latter might be expensive, but the former not so much.

>> No.9100136

>>9100030
I think the she meant Magic: The Gathering, a trading card game.

>> No.9100150

>>9100030
Magic the Gathering, the card game. Some of the cards and decks are expensive especially since he's very into deck building and stuff. Some of the cards easily go for the price of lolita pieces.