[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 52 KB, 1024x768, 1417207296145.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9230715 No.9230715 [Reply] [Original]

Okay kids, it's (almost) that time of year yet again!
Time for another good ol' /cgl/ Secret Santa!

If you've never participated in an online Secret Santa before, it's pretty straight-forward:
>Fill out this handy form!
>Your details are sorted into groups and matched off with other anons.
>You're given your list of matched Santas with their name, address and a list of interests to choose their gifts from.
>At the end, everybody ends up with some awesome gifts and that warm, fuzzy feeling inside from being excellent to eachother.

>The Google forms link is:
dnhIrorfHyziqDIu2

The deadline to sign up is the 6th of November.
I'll try to have everybody matched by the 13th (Hopefully sooner) and that gives everybody a good five weeks to find the perfect gifts and ship them out.

Don't panic TOO much - A late gift is better than no gift at all!

>> No.9230736

And if you can't get the Google forms code to work, email for the link. The spam filter is way too strong this year.

>It does say 2017. I messed up.

>> No.9230777

Link didn't work for me. Try pasting the full thing with periods swapped out for commas?

>> No.9230792

Thanks Seagull Santa for organising this! I've sent an email to request the link.

Now that I'm more familiar with ordering from Taobao, I hope that I'm able to provide better gifts than I have in the past.

>> No.9230796

I wanna participate but heard about people getting grinched and i'm scared of my gifts not being good enough

>> No.9230798
File: 71 KB, 500x500, form link.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9230792
Sent!

>>9230796
Last year I think we only had maybe two people get grinched, and other anons were on hand to help them out! It's a pretty rare occurrence on any board.

>I made a handy image with the shortened link. Problem solved!

>> No.9230809

What are the price brackets?

>> No.9230812

Are handmade gifts allowed? I work at a store with great gifts but it's also a lot of DIY and I'm working on handmade cards and art pieces.

>> No.9230815
File: 101 KB, 333x500, 4176145219_aa6cd76076.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Signed up! It'll be my first year doing the cgl ss, i'm so excited!

Hopefully I get someone I can make something cute for to go along with bought gifts.

>> No.9230833

>>9230809
10-15, 20-30, 40-50 and 50+. I figured that under $10 and shipping would likely cost more than the gift anyway, haha.

>>9230812
Absolutely! I can't believe I forgot to include that! I just added another option for "Handmade: Y/N?"
It isn't a mandatory field, but the default will be yes; If you've already signed up and want a hard 'no', just shoot me an email and I'll mark it off!

>> No.9230970

>>9230833
Aw shame, I thought you might have a cards bracket like the /a/ one does

>> No.9230979

Hi, I might be interested in joining but I have some questions.

I live in a country where shipping is disgustingly expensive to anywhere outside the EU, and I can imagine it might also be very expensive for people to ship stuff to me. Will location be considered in matching people up?

What kinds of gifts are typical/expected? What kinds of gifts are frowned upon?

In the price bracket, is that just the value of the items themselves? Or let's say I buy something from Japan using a shopping service, would the shipping from there and shopping service fee be included?

>> No.9230994

Hay friends, I am 100% Mrs. Over Share and hear is some info from the white day exchange that may also help you over share if you want to?

*MY INTERESTS:

*JFASHION STYLES

*FAVORITE BRANDS:

*DISLIKED BRANDS

*FAVORITE COLORS

*DISLIKED COLORS

*ANIME BULLSHIT AND OTHER INTERESTS:

*STUFF I ALREADY HAVE:

*WARDROBE LINK (or how to get one)

*ALLERGIES:

*AMAZON WISHLIST (If you have one)

*ANY OTHER COMMENTS:

I'M SO EXCITED THIS IS A THING OP!

>> No.9231068

I was hoping this would be back! I'm so excited for this after I had an awesome experience last year.

>>9230979
I'm not Santa-Anon but I participated last year so I help answer this a bit.

1. You can opt to only be matched to people in your country.
2. Gifts are usually /cgl/ related. Crafts, jfashion, cosplay, anime/manga, etc. The only kind of gifts I can think would be 'frowned upon' would maybe be food? Depending on allergies and how long it would take to reach your gift-receiver.
3. I think that would depend on you? Personally, I bought items that were $10 bracket but paid more because I got them from Taobao and then had to ship them to my gift-receivers which cost more as well. So it entirely depends on you, I think.

>> No.9231070

>>9230970
We had a cards-only option last year I'm pretty sure.

>> No.9231095
File: 268 KB, 500x281, giphy.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9230994
Bless, anon!
Also stating this now for any USA anons!!
>If you like cute BENTO products, please list it!!!
I bought way too many bento/cute food DIY supplies last time I did and order so I'd love to toss some stuff at people because I have a bunch that haven't even been opened. I made a special note on my form to send out 2 extra gifts to anyone from the USA who lists Bento as an interest.

>> No.9231186

>>9231068
My country is tiny as fuck, so I doubt that would work out. Guess I'm not in.

>> No.9231191

>>9231186
You could do the card category?

>> No.9231306

Sorry guys, I'm in Australia and just woke up~

>>9230970
Oh right, there is a separate card bracket! Just leave your gift option as 'other' and choose how many cards you'd like to send.

>>9230979
>>9231068
This sums things up really well!

I am prioritising national pairings, but being able to ship internationally opens things up when we have an uneven amount of people left in their respective areas.

>>9231186
If you still want to fill out the form and just put a note about other EU countries (or even specific ones you know that you can ship to) in your shipping details I can definitely work around it, anon!

>> No.9231416

I don't want to be the anon to bring it up, but wwould it be possible for last year's organizer to disclose the grinches to the new organizer? Especially with that Meixcan anon that signed up for a shit-ton of gifts then grinched a load of people, I thought it was hella unfair given they had put in a lot of effort.

>> No.9231420

>>9231416
This would be definitely be appreciated, if the last organizer sees this!

On that note, I do have some back-up gifts ready in the unlikely event of confirmed grinchings or somebody being otherwise left out.

>> No.9231427

>>9231420
Different anon but you're amazing for taking this up and especially for having back-up gifts just in case.

I think the rest of us can help out by providing proof of shipping for gifts. Even if you send it untracked you still get a receipt for postage from your post office that you can take a photo of.

>> No.9231436

I really love secret santas but I had such awful luck last year; grinching, small items with zero relevance to anything I listed, and dollar store items that were dirty and really wtf kinda stuff. I'm tempted to enter as I love shopping for other people and having the mystery of waiting for things to arrive in the post, but I feel like it's just a poor choice for me so I'll probably opt out. Is there maybe an option to state whether you'd prefer one item, or a bunch of smaller things?

>> No.9231444

>>9231436
You can easily list likes and dislikes in the last section. I know as a gifter I scoured that section over and over and tried to keep things relevant.

>> No.9231447

>>9231444
I listed loads of likes last year, but literally had a bunch of weird things from one person with no relevance to my list, or CGL in general. It was super bizarre. Just not sure if asking for one thing instead of a lot of smaller cheaper things would be rude?

>> No.9231464

>>9231447
Different anon but that sounds so bizarre.

Makes me a little paranoid about what I sent last year even though I tried to stick to my giftee's likes but just got them silly stuff for their fandoms.

>> No.9231471

I just submitted my form and I'm so excited! I missed out on last year and I love shopping for others and giving gifts I think someone will really like. Fingers crossed that this year's gifting goes smoothly for everyone.

>> No.9231475

Ahh! I did it! My first secret santa ever! Also, I really think its a good idea to list food allergies, last year I saw a few people get snacks, one person got something expired iirc?

>> No.9231510

Will we be able to sign up later in the year? (Say... mid-November?)

Curious because I'd like to make sure I have the money already set aside before signing up.

>> No.9231532

Hey guys! I asked secret santa via email but I realized it would make more sense to ask here.

Its my first cgl SS and im super excited.

Just wanted to know if makeup is appropriate to gift? I'm not talking like shitty makeup, but nice makeup like ABH palettes, Too Faced palettes, nice lippies, etc.

My store is right beside a sephora and we're super buddy buddy and I get nice discounts + I'm a huge makeup junkie., etc? (Obviously not swatched, brand new stuff, etc).

>> No.9231545

Also ^, I don't understand "How many cards would you like to send:" ?

I mean I'd like to send a card to each one of my secret santa-ee, but that's it? Does this mean additional cards?

>> No.9231555

>>9231532
Personally I don't think sending makeup is a good idea. I have very sensitive eyes and skin and have to be careful with what I use and I'm sure I'm not the only one, and you have a chance of being matched with someone who doesn't use makeup. Plus even the people who do wear makeup might not be able to wear what you send them due to colours clashing with their features.

>> No.9231560

Will probably opt out this year since I went a bit above and beyond last year and got some cheapy items despite being in the $50+ bracket.

>>9231555
>>9231532
That's something to put in your sign up sheet, then. Additionally, anyone who WANTS makeup has the option to put it in their wishlist. I'd be happy to get some basic things like lipstick or glitter or even Sephora samples or GC.

>> No.9231569

>>9231436
>>9231447
Kind of the same thing here. I got a ton of small things in the mail one-by-one from Taobao or Ebay last year from my SS. It was a bit of a hassle having to walk 30 minutes to the postal office for a small package more than once.

>> No.9231591

>>9231545
Yeah, cards are additional. Especially meant for exchanging with other card brackets and those who didn't get matched up/uneven numbers. I also sent assorted gifts to cardees. (I half wonder if those were anons like >>9231447 because for cards we didn't get their list of likes.)

>> No.9231593

>>9231420
I've messaged you with some grinch information.

If anyone else got grinched last Christmas SS speak up in this thread and I can try help sorting it out since I have some information still.

>> No.9231655

Where is that form link again?

>> No.9231656

>>9231655
Right here
>>9230798

>> No.9231677

>>9231656
oop thank you

If we sign up to give more than 1 gift, I'm assuming we get matched with more than 1 secret santa?

>> No.9231699

> still bitter my card santa wrote me one sentence on a cut piece of stationary
> spent a week crafting for them
Have fun y'all I hope it works out for y'all!

>> No.9231725
File: 22 KB, 239x232, 142046.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I got grinched twice in 2 different secret santas last year but they weren't cgl-related. Here's hoping to break the streak!

>> No.9231746

I've been grinched in other secret santas like >>9231725 including a work secret santa, signing up and hoping I get a good match or two.

> tfw you get that bubbling and nice excitement to get your match

>> No.9231770

>>9231532
If they were smaller sizes I think make-up would be okay. It can be hard to tell what someone would like/ use so full sizes might go to waste.

>> No.9231776

>>9231699
>>9231725
>>9231746
I refuse to put in much effort to these because of getting grinched. That is to say, I won't go purchase dollar store shit (looking at you, last year secret santa) but I won't bend over backward getting a gift for anons. Just something safe and nice and simple.

>> No.9231779

>>9231776
I actually enjoy putting cute gifts together so it's not any less fun for me to put effort into picking stuff out. I'm kind of a shopaholic and I dig finding weird or original stuff for people.

>> No.9231846

Of the 3 matches I had last Christmas (or was it white day?), I was only grinched once and things went fine with all the other and previous ones, so I think I'll give it a go again.

>> No.9231901

What happens when we get matched? Do we get their email or something?

>> No.9231949

>>9231901
No e-mails, just mailing info and wishlist stuff.

>> No.9231954

hi clg, I fucked up and rly don't understand how to find this google form using the code from op post
plz halp

inb4 newfag confirmed

>> No.9231968

>>9231420
Hi anon, I got grinched last year (only received 1/3 things). If there was a way to contact you I will tell you my name, no idea who grinched me though.

>> No.9231980

>>9231954
See this post for the link
>>9230798

>> No.9231992

>>9230715
>dnhIrorfHyziqDIu2
im comfused how do I get to it

>> No.9232017

>>9231901
You'll get their name, shipping address and their list of Likes/Interests!

>>9231954
>>9231992
There's a shortened link in >>9230798. Just type that exact line of text into your URL bar.

>>9231968
Sure thing! You can send it to seagullsanta2017@gmail.com.

>> No.9232159

>>9231532
>>9231560
>>9231555

Whether to send makeup I think would depend on your gift-receiver because of what the first person said but the second has a very good point. If someone wants makeup sent to them, definitely they should put it down along with any info they have regarding their tones and stuff.
Personally, I wrote down that I was getting into makeup and skincare and that I loved those cheap little samples you get in mass from Korean beauty stores. Some people may have an issue with getting stuff like that in the mail but I figured since I personally didn't mind, I'd write it down in case anyone lived near a store. I also wrote down last year that I liked Daiso trinkets because while they're cheap, we don't have a Daiso here and one of my santas did so I got a package full of random Daiso stuff that I still use even now on my cellphone.

So yeah, I wouldn't go tossing makeup at any random person you get but if they have makeup on their list, go for it! If they don't give you any info as to what kind/color, get something anyone can use.

>>9231677
Yeah, that's how it works.

>>9231776
Are you the same anon as further up or was this a common thing last year?
>tfw still think it's me
I know I got good gifts for one person but I can't remember what I bought my second person and that's what's bugging me... if I remember right they were into Aristocrat and I was thrown for a loop for what to get them since I had the $10-15 range... you didn't get a pair of stag head earrings, did you? I sent them more than that but it's the only part I remember.

>> No.9232163

Just to clarify, the "how many gifts" option is how many people you would like to send gifts to, right? But multiple items can be inside one 'gift'?

>> No.9232164
File: 352 KB, 415x268, 1475338675795.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9232159
Actually had to go back through the archive and find out. They said they liked cats and kapibara so I got them a cat purse and a kapibara squishy and just two little extra accessories as bonuses.
>suddenly feel less bad

Still, I'm going to try better this year since I did toss some random stuff in with both gifts alongside their main gift so it might've been confusing.

>> No.9232165

>>9232163
>How many gifts
How many people you want to send presents to.

>multiple items can be inside gift?
Yes. You're just agreeing to send gifts in X-Y price bracket to Z amount of people. Your price amount can be one gift of that value or a couple little gifts that add up to that value.

>> No.9232176

Is it frowned upon to just order the items, mark as gift, and simply send them to the gift receiver? If I get matched before the last week of November I don't mind sending them to myself to personalize them and add cards to ship in one big package but any time after and I'd be worried about shipping times and costs.

>> No.9232184

>>9232176
This is a good option to keep international shipping reasonable - I live in Australia, so if I were ordering a gift for an American from America it would be easier and cheaper to just send it directly to them.

As mentioned up-thread, it's better to do with just one or two larger gifts than to send a barrage of tiny separate things to someone, haha.

>> No.9232186

>>9232176
If you're worried about timing you can probably just send as a gift, just make sure you let them know in their card that it's arriving in multiple lots etc.

Of course if you can though, it's always much nicer to recieve something really nicely wrapped that has a lot of care put into it.

>> No.9232188

I wasn't really paying attention to these threads last year, does anyone have examples of the stuff they received that they really liked? How were the packages done/what was in your card/what did you get that you loved etc? I'd like to hear people's stories

>> No.9232196
File: 2.89 MB, 1328x1664, oh yes.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9232188
I can't find the photo.. One anon put together the most gorgeous pack for me, including resin glitters, a sweet vintage fox plush and ETC's Fairytale Frames jsk. It's my most treasured piece now; I'm too paranoid to wear it except on special occasions because it feels so irreplacable!

I have this picture framed on my wall and wear my ArtemisxLuna earrings and Magical Girl shirt all the time! Hand-made things are some of my absolute favourites.

>> No.9232197
File: 409 KB, 1231x2182, 1450132496752.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9232188
For me see >>9232159 where I got a package full of Daiso goodies that included cute socks, cellphone charms, and hair accessories.
Some of the packages I got were doodled on with cute little /cgl/ related stuff to identify who sent it. I got a card with each of my gifts and was surprised to get them and felt bad that I didn't write one myself so I'm going to do that this year.

But yeah, I loved seeing all the doodles on people's packages last year so I'm going to do that this year and I'm going to look for cute cards to send along with them or make my own silly /cgl/ cards with my terrible photoshopping skills.

Here's a pic of an anon's packages from last year that did drawings for each of their people.

>> No.9232198

>>9232188
I've never participated in seagull santa before, but I've been in several lolita gift exchanges on tumblr (more risk of regretsy-kei, but less risk of grinching so it's a good starter experience).

typically I prefer recieving one big gift over lots of small ones, mostly because it's taste insurance. it's easier ensure your sending something nice and quality if it's more expensive. however, a tasteful "gift basket" of sorts is my absolute fave to get, and I'm guilty of putting at least one of these together. the key is to pick a theme, a color scheme and to shop sales (not the dollar store!!!). if you've got good taste and are pretty handy with black Friday or 11.11 then go for it! otherwise, just buy one big gift.

favorite gift I've recieved: a box of gorgeous vintage decorations that was somehow the exact purple of my couch. my entire living room is more or less based off that gift, haha.

>> No.9232659

sent mah shit in, hopefully thisll be fun.

>> No.9232869

>>9232159
I'm not the person you're responding to, but I'm >>9231447 so I guess there was a few of us getting dollar store things. The things I got were similar to the items you'd get out of those christmas crackers you get with the small plastic knick-knacks inside.

I had 3 gift exchanges and 5 card exchanges last year. For my gift people, I ordered them one item that filled the money quota, and for everyone I ordered them a custom printed christmas card. One of the packages I received had some really lovely items inside and some beautiful artwork which I have on my wall (Jackalope Anon if you're still here, thank you, your parcel really made my Christmas last year) , and one of my card exchanges had literally folded a sheet of paper in half and just wrote a note inside, so last year was very mixed for me. I think i'll just spectate this year. Even my country's comm secret santa gift I was meant to receive last year disappeared in the post so maybe I just have poor luck.

>> No.9232996
File: 76 KB, 1280x720, so yeah.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'm picking 50+ and i seriously hope i don't get grinched. Here's to my first cgl secret santa.

>> No.9233000

Just curious, do you get matched with the same person for your secret santa? Or is it all a big random pool?

e.g. if I get matched with A, A is also my secret santa?

>> No.9233174

I'm going to be in Japan Dec 14th-29th(Tokyo and Osaka mainly). Would you gulls rather receive a gift from the states and get it on time or something I find in Japan but get it in January?

>> No.9233222

>>9233174
I don't mind a late gift, desu. January and February are depressing because it's still winter and shitty.

>> No.9233251
File: 1.55 MB, 320x218, 1473741581145.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9233000
It'll be a mix of both! You might get directly paired with somebody, you might not. Anons who are in the same country and have opted not to ship internationally are more likely to be paired this way.

I'm surprised by how many entries we have so quickly! It's so exciting, haha.

>tfw I accidentally sent an important email about adopting a cat using the SS email.

>> No.9233253

>>9233251
How many signed up so far?

>> No.9233254

>>9233253
39 so far! A pretty good mix of countries, too.

>> No.9233258
File: 38 KB, 269x270, 1468196065768.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9233254
when will everyone be matched? i'm getting antsy and excited to start, this'll be my first secret santa

>> No.9233304

>>9233251
Hey, I messaged you about possibility to being matched with an European. Did it come trough?

>> No.9233331

>>9233258
Same. I'm super nervous that my match won't like their presents. I'd like plenty of time to get things together.

>> No.9233447

>>9233174
By then you should be long-since matched with your gift partners so I'd get Santa-Anon to email them and ask personally if they'd be alright with waiting.

>> No.9233449

>>9233258
>>9233331
OP says November 13th but they'd like to get it sooner. That still gives you over a month to shop and wait on shipping.

>> No.9233470

>>9233258
>>9233449
Yup, it'll be the 13th at the very latest!
Entries will cut off on the 6th, and Mon/Tue are my days off, so ideally it'll all be finished and sent out by the 8th.

>>9233447
This is a good idea!

>>9233304
Aaaand I did! Sorry, I've got all of the automatic "You've got a new form!" emails going into the same folder as everything else. I replied, though~

>> No.9233472

>>9233470
Bless you, Santa Gull. I'm excited to hopefully be matched before I place my big 11/11 Taobao order but if it's a few days after I can still toss some gull gifts into my cart anyway. Thank you so much for doing this!

>> No.9233561

Yeah, I don't think I'm gonna do the Reddit Secret Santa this year so I'm excited that I didn't miss this

>> No.9233683

I am really struggling with which teir to pick. It's like I can't decide between the 10-15 range or the 20-30. What tiers have you gulls been picking?

>> No.9233718

>>9233470
Different anon but I sent you an email about not getting a confirmation and possibly changing my form details and was also wondering if you received it? Just wondering if I should try submitting it again.

>> No.9233735

>>9231306
>Just leave your gift option as 'other' and choose how many cards you'd like to send
Oh good, thanks!

>> No.9233767

>>9233683
My second year doing this and I've just picked 3 gifts for the $10-15 tier. I'd rather do that than one $20-30+ tier.

>> No.9233769

Woo just signed up for my first SS on here. I signed up for 3-4 cards, a 10-15 gift and a 20-30 gift. I'm excited to start shopping for you gulls!

>> No.9233791

>>9233470
You probably replied to another anon because I haven't gotten an email. I answered on the form thing tho, so I will resend it. I just somehow thought it would be easier for you but that doesn't even make sense.

>> No.9233792
File: 86 KB, 816x447, IMG_2232.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I wanted to participate so bad but the shipping in my country is so expensive that I'll spend 3 times the gift value with shipping. And I also doubt that someone from my country will sign too.

I... I t-think I'll sign for some cards only.

>> No.9233795

>>9233683
2 from $10-$15, 2 from $20-$30 and 1 from $50+. I like having an open budget for one big gift.

>> No.9233796

never done a ss before. For the cards part, are these sent to separate gulls than our gift gulls?

>> No.9233797

what is the big difference between cosplay gifts vs j-fash gifts?
I'm not into lolita but that magical girl shirt in >>9232196 is fucking precious and I'd love to get something like that

>> No.9233805

>>9233797
I imagine if you sign up for a cosplay gift you might ask for crafting supplies, whereas in j-fash you'd be asking for accessories related to your fashion. I signed up for j-fash, but I also put my general interest as background info. I don't think it'd be inappropriate to ask for something like fandom shirts if you sign up for cosplay.

>> No.9233826
File: 1.29 MB, 1257x1920, 20151226_031047.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9232188
pic related is my haul from the Christmas SS. i was not grinched, nor matched directly with my santas (so the gulls who gave me gifts were not the gulls i gave gifts to). many drew a seagull on the package, and encouraged me to either open it immediately or wait.

for a year i have procrastinated sending follow-up cards/letters to my dear Santas. if you included a return address on your package to me, it is possible you may receive a holiday card outside of this SS. this goes for White Day gulls also!

>> No.9233831

>>9233797
a lot of people put their general interests, such as favorite characters and shows, and received figures or fandom merch. it depends on your Santa and your own listed interests.

>> No.9233910

>>9233826
>dat Hannibal activity book
Hello last year's match! It's totally fine on the follow-up card, I personally was just happy to see pics of my gifts getting to everyone and seeing how happy they were in the comments!

>> No.9233914

Ended up signing up anyway. I think I was too detailed? I always feel weird going on and on about my wardrobe because it implies that I think someone is going to buy me something huge.

>> No.9233940

>>9233914
It's better to give too many details than have just a few sentences that doesn't help at all.

>> No.9233968

>>9233914
I put down my favourite motifs and a couple pieces I own in case someone wanted to get me a matching accessory or something!

>> No.9233970

how does the card part work vs the gift part? are these separate people were sending the cards to? can we say '0' for other?

>> No.9233990

>>9233914
I'm the opposite. I basically just typed two words. I don't really care for what I get though since I just really want to shop for things.

>> No.9234103

>>9230798
Last year we actually had around 7 people grinched or so.

Secret santa helper from last year here. What would you like to know from last year? I can send you an email later tonight.

Sorry I don't have time to organize the event this year so thank you very much for taking the helm.

>> No.9234143

I cant wait to participate, i moved recently to a new country and am quite lonely coupled with an obsession with cutesy usefull stuff and stationary. I'd love to recieve items from other countries not available in mine, not necessary lolita related. Will be filling out the form later and hope to find a good match :3

>> No.9234510

>>9230715
> I will email you to confirm that I have recieved it.
>If you don't get a confirmation email, LET ME KNOW or you might get forgotten!
I've gotten the automated google forms email, do you mean you will email us confirmation individually as well?

>> No.9234750

Could someone please post an example of how they only recieved things from the dollar store? I saw some cute clips that were one dollar each that work very well with decora and would love to send a seagull some.

>> No.9235530

>>9234750
anyone?

>> No.9235532

>>9234103
Did anyone make note of the email addresses of the grinches and put them on a no gift list?

>> No.9235550

i filled out the form on monday but didn't get a confirmation

>> No.9235694

How much does international shipping from outside the U.S. cost? I think I can get partnered up with someone outside the U.S. but I just want to get a small estimate before I fill in the form.

>> No.9235706

>>9235694
It depends on size and weight of the package. 6in x 9in manila envelopes under 4ounces are about $13.50 outside North America. $10 to Canada.

>> No.9235710

>>9235530
might not have actually happened.

>> No.9235930
File: 92 KB, 866x469, CGL_SS_SignUp_Stats.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9235532
I'm going to do that.

If you were grinched last year, send me an email to fluorescentblue@hotmail.com with your name/email you used last year and what price category you suspect you did not receive. I've asked Seagull Santa 2016 to forward me any emails about this.

I'm not sure how accurate the list will be since some of you signed up for multiple cards and or gifts. Cards will be harder to track.

I've also included sign up stats from last year, pre grinch checked.

>> No.9235937

Some more tips to help out, be as detailed as you can in your wishlist in order to help out your SS, especially if they don't share interests.

International cards will still cost money to send.

Shipping is not included in your price bracket.

You may not get someone who has the same tastes or affiliation as you since its a small group especially if you take in account the people who can't ship internationally and whether or not the price range matches.

>> No.9235948

What's great that I noticed from last year is that interests are not limited by the genre, medium or style. Which is what made matching up people who shared the same niche fandom as Hannibal or j fashion substyle or brando, fun. But unfortunately we didn't have a large enough group to relevant pairings.

We had people give feedback links last year but I'm not sure how you would go about implementing quality control with that. Almost everybody had an lace market or ebay one. You could also try to make posting a gift strongly "encouraged".

I had a notion to include a unique id with every pairing for the secret santa to include in their gift somewhere. That way the recipient then can later post it via picture or email or a feedback email to confirm whether or not they grinched. But its up to this year's santa if they want to implement it. You could also create a "whitelist" for the bigger brackets like the secret s/a/nta's.

>> No.9235961

>>9235930
and include the ones that you did if you can recall

>> No.9236025

>>9235930
Thanks for the graph, it's pretty interesting to see all the stats.

>> No.9236264

>>9233470
Did you happen to get an e-mail from someone with the initials ASH? I did not get a reply from you!

>> No.9236267

>>9233718
Different anon, but I also sent an e-mail about something like this and did not get a reply

>> No.9236293

>tfw putting no for handmade

Last year of a Lolita exchange I got a bunch of thrift store knick knacks and gross candy. If you can't spend a lot, just get one nice thing dammit.

>> No.9236298

aaaaah, I just signed up! I really hope that I gave good information to my SS D: I mostly signed up cus I love shopping for gifts for other people. Also wondering if there's a way go to and edit my submission? (was thinking about doing a $50+ to someone in addition to the other ones I put down -- also wanted to mention that I prefer apparel to character figs and fandom swag)

>> No.9236326

>>9234750
A couple of cute cheap clips as part of a larger gift or as an extra sent with cards is different to a gift consisting entirely of tacky crap though. If you pair them with a nicer item then it won't be a bad gift at all imo.

>> No.9236336

>>9234750
>>9236293
I got a bunch of obvious thrift store shit. Like a gross tea cup, tacky smelly jewelry, little knick back shit all individually wrapped.

I wanted to cry. It all smelled so gross. It was all garbage.

>> No.9236385
File: 170 KB, 570x760, 0bb1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9236293
I hope not many anons put 'no for handmade'. I want to make them the perfect accessory or two for their wardrobe.

>> No.9236392

>>9236385
I've been disappointed by handmade gift exchange stuff too often. I craft myself and has stupid high standards

>> No.9236453

>>9236385
>>9236392
Maybe this is bitchy but I'm really not a fan of handmade items. I'm sure there are good quality items out there but it's difficult to find something that a.) matches my wardrobe, b.) won't fall apart, and c.) doesn't look cheap. Also to be fair, I like brand name items for the sake of being brand.

>>9234750
Not sure if dollar store-tier, but I did receive some cheap makeup that padded my gift.

>> No.9236483

How do you guys feel about your match including their insta/tumblr/whatever in their description so you can get an idea of their style? Or is that weird...

>>9235930
Has no one signed up for 50+ so far?
I was gunning for that one o:

>> No.9236497

>>9236385
i love giving and receiving handmade. making something for an anon based off their interests is a great creative exercise. yes, i have received some flawed items and maybe given some, but that does not bother me. Taobao merch is more likely than handmade to fall apart in my experience, and even some of my brand has had structural issues.

what i love is the thought put into the item, be it handmade or purchased.

>> No.9236500

>>9236483
>How do you guys feel about your match including their insta/tumblr/whatever in their description so you can get an idea of their style? Or is that weird...
not weird.

>> No.9236506

>>9236483
I signed up for just one $50+
I like to splurge on one big gift

>> No.9236512

>>9236453
>>9236497
Well, my thoughtful custom handmade things are going to the 4 I signed up for in the cheapest price range. I'll be thrifting burando and some NWT taobao pieces for my higher bracket giftees, with some handmade accessories on top.

>> No.9236520

Last year I was pretty sad because my match didn't post photo/ said anything
Crow lover anon, you didn't like my presents...?

>> No.9236547

>>9236520
Maybe she did, but you missed it. Glowing reviews and everything!

>> No.9236550

>>9236520
or maybe she died.

>> No.9236554

>>9236520
Maybe it never got there because you're incompetent and put the wrong address.

>> No.9236773

>>9236520
Yea mine didn't either but i think she was one of the people who signed up for a bunch and never posted anyone's. Still kinda sucks though.

>> No.9236806

I kinda want to make changes to my entry now. Why'd I enter so early!

>> No.9236809

>>9236806
i am purposefully waiting t b h

>> No.9236811

>>9236550
no lie, that happened in a tumblr gift exchange I was in. the mod asked if someone would be willing to donate a second gift to a matchless anon due to special circumstances. turned out someone in the gift exchange died and she needed a replacement...

>> No.9236821

>>9236806
>>9236809
Tried to purposely wait but I'm too excited and I just submitted

>> No.9236825

>>9236821
I did the same thing anon

>> No.9236858

Any Canadian gulls participating??

>> No.9236860 [DELETED] 

>>9233767
Is it 3 gifts each worth $10-15 or 3 gifts all together worth $10-15?

>> No.9236862

>>9236860
3 worth $10-15 each. Totaling $30-45.

>> No.9236888

>>9236858
Canadian reporting in! Also according to >>9235930 there's a few others :)

>> No.9236921

>>9236888
that's last years stats

>> No.9236923

>>9235550
Same. Is SS anon going to send us all emails individually or does the automated one count?

>> No.9236926

>>9236888
Another Canadian anon thinking about participating.

>> No.9237120

>>9236483
I also signed up for a $50+ one (along with a $20-30 and a $40-$50 for good measure.) I think we'll be in good company

>> No.9237140

>>9236926
same here, glad there's a few :)

>> No.9237209

Hey everyone! I'm so sorry, we've just been getting absolutely slammed at work this week.
I'll go over the thread and address everything ASAP, including emails!

If you got an automatic confirmation you're all good! Some of the earlier submissions didn't receive the auto-confirms for some reason, so I'll double-check everybody who has asked/emailed so far.

>> No.9237328

>>9236858
I signed up! I'm hoping more will as well because shipping to the US is too expensive so I chose to just ship in Canada.

>> No.9237383

>>9237328
That was my reasoning too, I'm glad there are Canadians to balance it out!

>> No.9237401

>>9237209
On my confirmation email, all my typed stuff is there but there was nothing selected like the gift amount or international shipping. Will you know which one I've chosen our should I do it again?

>> No.9237435

I signed up for a few $50+ gifts, I felt like I should probably have just done a bunch of smaller ones but I always end up overspending on secret santas...

>> No.9237627
File: 76 KB, 300x300, 1407636627830.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>tfw I thought I made some really nice presents for the $5-10 category and two people didn't post pictures of what they got
>tfw I really hope they didn't get lost in the mail and think I grinched them
>tfw they could've just thought they were shit

Whelp, good thing the lowest price bracket is upped this year. I signed up for the higher brackets too and am so excited to find the perfect gifts!

>> No.9237704

Any UK gulls entering?

>> No.9237706

>>9236385
I put down no to handmade simply because for every good craft, there are 10 shit ones.

>> No.9237735

>>9236483
I thought I did? I believe the graph is from last year.

>> No.9237781

>>9236483
>>9237735
The graph says 2015 so it's last years.

>> No.9237809

This is my first time for a secret santa and I am wondering how do the price brackets work. If I sign up for the 2 gifts/ $50+ does that mean I am going to give two people $50 gifts or just one person 2 gifts that are in that value of $50?

I am sorry if this is a dumb question, I never been in a secret santa and want to make sure before I sign up.

>> No.9237812

>>9237809
Two gifts that are worth $50+

>> No.9237869

>>9235930
why is there two englands on the list

>> No.9237871

>>9237869
Great Britain and Not-So-Great Britain.

>> No.9237872

>>9236385
I'm debating putting 'no' for handmade. I'd love to get something beautiful and well-made, and I'm a crafter myself, but like everyone's said it's more likely you'll get shitty buttons hotglued onto felt than something genuinely lovely.
Then again, handmade stuff can really be stunning, and I'd rather get something unique and made specially for my interests than a bunch of Ali stuff.
It'd be easier if people planning to send handmade gifts had to post pictures of their work, or progress pics, so they could get feedback on whether their stuff is shit or good enough to be given as a gift.

>>9237704
I am, as soon as I get paid and can see how much money I can spend on this.

>> No.9238009

>>9237872
No reason not to have that happen in this thread. Secret Santa threads should have planning, ideas, and advice too since it'll be a while until we can share our sweet loot.

>> No.9238021

I'm so excited, this is my first secret Santa. I can't wait to buy cute stuff for someone

>> No.9238023

>>9237869
On the form someone typed in England and England(space) and I didn't catch that.

>> No.9238044

>>9238023
I sent you an email about sending out Chistmas Cards to everyones that is participating. Not sure if you've had time to read it.

>> No.9238084

>>9237812
shit, really. where did it say this in the sign up? how did people sign up for multiple gifts then?

>> No.9238086

>>9238084
multiple gifts meaning multiple people to send to, sorry

>>9232163
there's contradicting info here. can the organizer confirm the price bracket meaning? I signed up for one gift, $50, and want to send a handful of gifts to one person. did I sign up for the right thing?

>> No.9238096

>>9238086
As long as all the gifts in the box are worth $50 then it's fine. If you put 2 on the $50+ that means you are sending gifts to two different people. The items in the box must add up to $50+ or you can just send one thing that's worth $50+.

>> No.9238102

>>9238096
>>9238086
>>9237812
>>9237809
Sorry I'm super shit at explaining things. The 2 means two different recipients not two gifts only per person. So if you put 1 $50+ then only one person is getting a gift or gifts worth $50+ from you. The numbers correspond to how many people you are sending gifts to.

>> No.9238195

it didn't even occur to me that handmade would be shitty arts n crafts kind of stuff. I assume it was more for like the anons in the AA thread (including myself) to like, send fanmerch or drawings or something. Well fuck.

>> No.9238247

How do you guys even function in real life? These aren't hard concepts. lol

>> No.9238251

>>9238247
Honestly.

>> No.9238420
File: 14 KB, 221x437, gift.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9238247
Well to give them the benefit of the doubt, they may be doing this for the first time this year. I know there was some confusion last year over the same thing.
But tl;dr here's the info to clear things up

>WHAT DOES 1 gift/$10-15 OR 2 gifts/$10-15 MEAN???
The numbers alongside your price range "1 - 5" mean how many people you want to send gifts to. NOT how many gifts are in a package that add up to your price range!

>Example
I want to send 2 people gifts that value $10-15 and 1 person a gift for $20-30.
I'd fill out the form like pic related and buy my gifts. I can buy as many gifts per person as I want, they just have to all equal up to the price range I selected.
>The amount of gifts I send each person does not matter on the form!
I can send each person as many little gifts as I want to value the price range I selected, which values 1 Gift aka 1 Person.

>Super basic version: The "1 Gift / 2 Gifts / Etc" part just means People. Gift = People You Want To Gift.
>Selection 2 Gifts for $$ means "I want to send $$ value gifts to 2 People"

>> No.9238584

>>9238247
I agree, but there should have been details in the form at least.

>> No.9238779

>>9238247
Anon might have been from another country and gotten confused. English isn't my first language and I was a bit puzzled until read it again.

>> No.9238845

the hype is killing me already

how are you gulls handling this even

i'm gonna write super lovely cards and decorate it with washi tape and everything aaaahh

i'm lonely irl so i hope i become penpals with some of my matches

>> No.9238851

>>9230715
Question, I'm a Tripfag that has been on some of the other boards on 4chan for years but just started lurking /cgl/. I've been helping coordinator /k/'s Secret Santa the last two years. I don't want to distract at all or take any of the hard earned credit from Seagull Santa.

I would like to send out Christmas Cards and a /cgl/ sticker to everyone that's want one. I want to help spread some Christmas cheer but I don't want to cause any trouble or drama.

I would need a suggestion for the sticker design, if anyone is interested. I thought about using the Derpy Pony as I wouldn't be profiting since Derpy Pony should be used in a nonprofit manner.

Is anyone interested? Seagull Santa you never replied back to my email, I imagine you're busy, but I don't want to be a burden on you. If you say, no thanks, I'll gladly back off.

>> No.9238863

>>9238845
I'm working on /cgl/ themed cards to toss in with my gifts and send off. I'm too awkward to make penpals though.

So far I'm trying to decide whether or not to make them all seagull themed or do /cgl/ culture cards like YandyMan and some PT-Santa stuff.

>> No.9238876

>>9238851
A Derpy-chan sticker would be super cute, anon!

>> No.9238879

>>9238195
i have liked all the handmade i have received, and it has always been tailored to my interests.

>> No.9238880

>>9238845
It's easy to handle because from my experience with Secret Santas and gift-giving in general, once the gift is sent, there's nothing but a void at the end! Build up, build up, post office, poof, nothing.

>> No.9238885

>>9238879
I hope I get some handmades! I went for more expensive categories so maybe not :( but i'm a sucker for resin and handcrafted stuff in general

>> No.9238894

First time thinking of participating in a secret santa. Is it normal to send untracked packages or no?
I can definitely take a picture of the receipt like >>9231427 stated.
The answer will just depend on whether I'm open to international or not.
Im in Canada and tracking costs for Canada and USA is okay for me. But it gets absolutely ridiculous to overseas, like $40+ . While untracked to many countries for me is about $20, which I'm okay with that price desu.

>> No.9238915

>>9238885
I'm going to try to send some handmades, hoping that someone I get paired up with has food-themed items in their wardrobe they want accessories for.

>> No.9238940

>>9238845
If you want, you could always message me. I'm from SE USA. The only caveat is that I'm not sociable, not interesting, and probably won't relate to anything you have going on in your life. Even worse, I'm a guy.

elegant.lolita.works@gmail.com

>> No.9238958

>>9238940
dogging on yourself doesn't make anyone want to approach you dude

>> No.9238960

>>9238958
I don't actually want anyone to approach me. I just want to think that I did something so I can continue shitposting on the internet.

>> No.9238981

>>9238960
Different anon but please get out of this topic and don't enter this event because I don't doubt for a second you'd sign up for a ton of gifts just to grinch for amusement.

>> No.9239000

>>9238960
cringy af

But staying on topic, I'm so happy that so many seagulls want to send and recieve handmade. Will def send some paintings and drawings out!! (and hopefully you gulls like my art style).

>> No.9239004

>>9239000
I said yes to handmade! I've been really into buying from artist friends and other local artists lately so if anyone gave me something they made I'd be so happy.
There's just something so cool about having an original piece made by someone.

>> No.9239032

>>9238981
I already signed up. I don't really care about what I receive unless it's really well-executed; I'm just in it to send stuff. In a way, I regret signing up for the $50+ tier because I feel like I'm depriving someone else of the $50+ tier due to matching. Good execution isn't money-dependent so for people who care more about sending stuff, $10 tier is the best. People are way too concerned with grinches in this thread. Not everyone's out to get you (or not get you gifts).

So for handmades, I'm open to receiving them, but I'm going to judge the hell out of them. How are they made and why do they work? If the idea is really good, I'm probably going to steal it for myself in the future.

>> No.9239302

>>9237704
Britanon reporting in! I usually do /toy/ secret santa but I fancied switching things up this year. Hoping to receive some kawaii shit.

>> No.9239307

I'm confused, it says I have to pick how many cards I want to send. Does that mean additional cards besides the gifts? Because I only want to send gifts.

>> No.9239334

>>9239307
If you just want to send gifts leave the card part blank.

The card option is for if you just want to send cards to anons and not gifts. Eg. I'm sending 1 anon a gift but choose to send 3-4 other anons just cards.

>> No.9239506

Is there any way to change my form?

>> No.9239518

>>9239506
Not at the moment, no. The only options is for the form owner to manually change things in the spreadsheet or reinvite everyone at a later point to do a "confirmation" form.

>> No.9240792

Santa, just asking when confirmations generally go out. Is it before or after the deadline? I just want to make sure when to keep an eye on my junk mail folder so I don't miss anything.

>> No.9240798

All these dumb questions are making me worried that I'm going to get matched with a dummy who's going to fuck everything up.

>> No.9240811

>>9240798
From just skimming the posts it sounds like the only issue was with how to fill out the number of gifts part of the form which was also an issue last year.

>> No.9240897

>>9236453
I sent my SS makeup from my monthly subscriptions that wouldn't suit my skin tone and I thought they could put it to better use. Sorry if that was me and you didn't like it. I won't do it this time around.

>> No.9240902

>>9236483
I did the $50+ last gift exchange and loved my gifts. I'm choosing the same amount this time and would rather have one/two big things than a dozen tiny, tacky things that add up to $50.

>> No.9240916

>>9240902
What did you end up getting last time, anon?

>> No.9240960

How do people feel about getting brand items/accessories? I tried to include a new item or a second-hand one in good condition along with some smaller items in every gift, but I don't know how well they went over since only one giftee posted theirs. What about candy/snacks?

>> No.9240991

>>9240960
I'd be okay with getting second-hand things brand if my secret santa thinks it would suit my style!
Even some taobao brands accessories that are in good condition (for example, a headdress or whatever) can be passable, as long its not like half-assed used shitty earrings or a thrifted shirt or something.

I'm a little iffy on the snacks since I have always preferred not getting food. I know some anons really love getting snacks like japanese candy though!

>> No.9240999

>>9240960
I'm planning to send some if the giftee is open to it because I have japanese shopping orders going pretty much all the time so I might as well throw in some burando for my SS.

>> No.9241078

>>9238851
Nobody wants ur dumb patches go back to /k/ get off my board this is my turf you shill!
Jk I love you Creep you seriously do too much for everyone I swear. I think the derpy Chan sticker is a cute idea! I don't see why anyone would be opposed to you sending out cards and stickers I'm sure Seagull Santa has just been busy or something.

>> No.9241092

>>9240960
I prefer them and have always sent out brand items to fellow lolitas.

>> No.9241226

>>9240991
I figured out that some people wouldn't like them so I thought that I could include some as extra so it wouldn't be a loss if the receiver didn't like them that much. What do you think about that?

>> No.9241386

Santa Anon, or someone else. Could you link me to the form? I can't get the link to work for the life of me. I emailed Santa Anon a few days ago with no reply.

>>9238851
I'll send you a card in return! I'm down for stickers.

>> No.9241496

>>9240960
I'd like that! I put down a bunch of preferences for brands, items, and colors in my form and I said that I'm fine with second-hand goods.

>> No.9241666

>>9240991
What's your thing against getting food?

>> No.9241671

>>9241666
>melting
>out of date
>just gross
>humidity wrecks everything

>> No.9241677

>>9241671
As if dried squid melts, goes out of date, is gross, and can't be vacuum sealed.

>> No.9241689

>>9241677
#triggered
I'm vegetarian

>> No.9241697

>>9241386
see >>9230798

>> No.9241711

>>9241677
see
>just gross

>> No.9241757

Is there any way I can sign up to just rematch for anons who didn't get gifts? I'm not interested in receiving, but I'm happy to help make sure everyone who signs up gets one in case someone gets stiffed.

>> No.9241762

>>9241757
Try emailing Santa's helper. The email is in this thread.

>> No.9242099

>Fill out form, never get confirmation
>Send email asking to double check
>Nearly a week goes by
>Send email again
I tried ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I just wanna send my fellow gulls gifts

>> No.9242105

>>9242099
me too anon, maybe santa anon decided to just send out confirmations in bulk near the end

>> No.9242114

any canadian anons who sew or would like to start (who preferably can read japanese or get someone to translate)? i'm stocking up on copies of otome no sewing off cdjapan and am already sending them to three friends outside of canada so i'd prefer to limit it to canadians only. posting here instead of submitting a form because it'll probably be quite late. if you don't mind waiting feel free to drop a throwaway

>> No.9242143

>>9241666
I'm not totally against getting food, I think >>9241226 's idea is pretty good about popping just some as extras.

It's just that for me personally I like permanent gifts? I've never liked receiving chocolates or whatever, since once I eat em they're gone. Even if it's lesser in value, I'm more content having something that I can always have.

Also with things like >>9241677 food is really dangerous because people have different preferences/allergies. I for example, hate seafood.
I think small cute things like cola hard candy or matcha kitkat or whatever fancy kawaii candy you guys have is fine though.

>> No.9242188

>>9242099
>>9242105
As >>9237209 said the automated reply from google forms is your confirmation. So emailing santa anon if you didn't get that one is the right thing to do.

>> No.9242392

>>9242099
Santa did say they only have Mondays and Tuesday off so they might only have time to check it then.

>> No.9242965

>>9242099
Me too anon

>> No.9242989

>>9242099
I sent she Santa one because I had a very vague likes box and wanted to make it more detailed. Emailed back to no response, hoping I am still in this because I was very excited.

We should cut Santa some slack though, must be super busy.

>> No.9243648

>>9241666
>vegetarian, and most people don't know about cochineal being in pretty much fucking everything bright and sweet
>unexpected differences in taste, eg American chocolates taste weird af and Indian chocolates are super sweet so you might end up with food that you asked for but can't eat without gagging
>you get a solid lump of melted sugar/a bag full of chocolate shards/opened packaging because the post is shit and delights in making everyone's Christmas a living hell
>you might get paired with a tard who thinks that £10 worth of almost expired granny sweets and a packet of crisps they found in the back of the car is perfect for a $50 gift bracket since you asked for food

>> No.9243872

>>9243648
Dude, I am going to include a pack of saltines in my gift because of this post. I hope you're happy.

>> No.9244111

>>9242143
My idea was just to include a snack and some small candies because I thought it would be nice to munch on something while you unwrap a gift. But I think >>9243872 has the right idea. Or I might just send bread for anon to soak up their salty tears.

>> No.9244143

>>9243872
>>9244111
I'm sure y'all are joking but not all anons who don't want food are picky bitches. I asked for no food because I'm deathly allergic to way too many things, but I can still appreciate the sentiment and would consider adding snacks as extras myself if the recipient doesn't mind.

>> No.9244709

>>9244111
yes! i think this is a great idea :)

I'm also thinking of just popping some japanese candy as extra into my presents now haha

>> No.9244722

>>9244143
You're so nice thinking I'm not socially retarded enough to actually include saltines in my Secret Santa package. I'm sure you are well loved in your personal life.

>> No.9244908

>>9235550
hi! if for some reason, my form didn't go through, could you please e-mail me another one? the link isn't working anymore. I really want to participate. Thanks!

>> No.9245070

>>9244908
Link still works.

>> No.9245204

>>9238876
Ok, I'll get working on them soon.

>>9241078
Fight me at the next NuggetFest Mugi! lol, I'll try to make sure to send you a couple in your /k/ secret santa card.

>>9241386
Awesome, sounds good!

Anyone that wants a /cgl/ card and derpychan sticker email me merchant@thecrimsoncaravan.com

>> No.9245287

how many gothic jfash types are participating? we may not have our matches by 11/11 so i was thinking to grab some extras based on the type of person i would be likely to be matched with.

>> No.9245499

>>9245287
I'm mostly gothic lolita with a 95% black wardrobe! Don't know who else.

>> No.9245524

I hope we get matched soon. Getting in on a group taobao order, but the deadline is monday for full payment.

>> No.9245526

>>9245287
Gothic is my jam.

>> No.9245547

>>9245070
all it says is "no forms yet"

>> No.9245593

>>9245524
I'm still working on my order but it would be nice to be matched before 11.11 so I can grab some stuff for gulls.

>tfw buying more gifts for gulls than family+friends combined
I'm a lonely person.

>> No.9246155

Tomorrow is the last day to sign up!
Any gulls who want to tell what they asked for, more or less? I asked for headbows and menhera stuff.

>> No.9246333

>>9246155
I asked for stuff for my itabags!

>> No.9246377

>>9237872
I would be down for something like /r/craftexchange but in cgl secret santa form. I do worry that in addition to weeding out bad crafters, that there is just too diverse taste in crafts. I'd love sewn stuff but resin isn't my thing and it seems popular here. I do a lot of paper craft but I know that's comparatively kinda niche relative to things like plushies.

>> No.9246379

>>9246155
Gothic themed stuff and some books I really wanted

>> No.9246381

>>9238845
I'd love to have a cgl penpal to exchange cute cards with! Maybe this could become it's own thread in the future. It would also help me justify my cute stationary and sticker addiction.

>> No.9246386

>>9246155
I asked for larme and menhera stuff! Can't wait to start buying gifts.

>> No.9246388

>>9246381
*stationery, fuck.

>> No.9246777

>>9246155
Asked for fandom or EGL stuff. I'm pretty chill about what I get and just like the surprise so I said I was pretty much for anything.

>> No.9246814

>>9246155
Asked for craft stuff and food, and some fandom stuff. Hopefully I'll get matched with someone who likes handmade stuff, I love making gifts for people.

>> No.9246942

>>9244111
Please don't send sweets if your giftee didn't ask. I forgot to put no candies on my form because I'm diabetic.

>> No.9246957

>>9230715
I hope it's not too late to hop on? Just sent an e-mail asking for a form. Promise to fill it quickly (though it would be so much more convenient if there was a working link ITT in the first place)

>> No.9246959

>>9246957
Whoops sorry I'm just being stupid. Found it

>> No.9247309

A reminder that day lights saving is here to give one more hour to wait for our Secret Santa.

>> No.9247311

Has anyone even heard from Secret Santa OP lately?

>> No.9247318

anyone else start preemptively buying stuff as fillers for your gift....?
I love multi part presents so i've bought some little extras which I hope are general enough to appeal to at least one of my giftees.

>> No.9247332

>>9247311
>>9247309
I feel a little worried. Hope SS anon hasn't disappeared on us.

>> No.9247347

>>9247318
Fillers are afterthoughts. But since this hasn't happened yet, they're beforethoughts. I see something and think "this is awesome; I want to share this with someone." I have two filler items already..

>> No.9247349

>>9247311
>>9247332

>>9230715
>I'll try to have everybody matched by the 13th (Hopefully sooner)

Calm down yall.

>> No.9247369

>>9246155

i used >>9230994 as a template to describe my style and tastes. i did not ask for anything specific because i want to be surprised, and because i hope to have some crafters as my Santas and i would love it for them to make what they want that they think i would like. i included information on my jfash styles, favorite brands and colors, and some coord themes, as well as my hobbies and fandoms and food/beauty preferences. i signed up for 4 matches so i expect each Santa may think of different things to send! i worried if i asked for a specific item, i would restrict them too much and they may stress.

>>9247311
they are usually free Monday and Tuesday, and we may not all hear from them before the 13th.

>>9247347
i have saved many such "beforethoughts" as fillers. i hope to at least get one giftee with a wicked sense of humor, because i need an excuse to buy some real whack shit.

>> No.9247379

>>9247349
The only reason why I brought it up was they haven't posted, no one has gotten a confirmation, emails to them have gone unanswered..

>> No.9247380

>>9247311
Santa just emailed me yesterday. I'll be helping out a little this year

>> No.9247382

>>9247379
>no one has gotten a confirmation,
? i think most of us got the confirmation email since it was auto-sent.

>> No.9247399

>>9247382
Shit, seriously? I didn't get anything and I emailed them last week about a confirmation and didn't get anything in response.

Oh well.

>> No.9247435

>>9247380
Hey, any way that I can specify that I can mail things internationally, just not for Europe, Asia or Oceania? Can I email you?

>> No.9247542

>>9247399
I never got a confirmation either. I'm about to give up on it...there's always next year.

>> No.9247566
File: 67 KB, 375x360, sticker,375x360.u2.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Is it bad that I did a lower bracket but I'm going all out for my person? Honestly if they list a dream dress, I most likely will buy it. I want someone to have a nice Christmas.

>> No.9247585

>>9247566
this is the beauty of secret santas, anon. as long as you know you may not have such a nice surprise you should be ok.

>> No.9247592

>>9247566
>tfw did higher bracket
>tfw no goodguyanon buying me dream dress

>> No.9247608

>>9247592
Sorry, mate, you're gonna get Saltines.

>> No.9247609

>chose mid-tier bracket
>immediately thought of a bunch of stuff I should have put in my wishlist after hitting send

Darn it ;_;

>> No.9247634
File: 69 KB, 340x372, 1473080528415.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>mfw all of this overtime at work.
A-at least it means I can buy more gifts.

At this point everybody who asked about confirmation should have received a reply!
There were actually only a couple, so some people may have emailed the wrong address? It's SeagullSanta2017@Gmail. The year is wrong because derp.

>>9247435
You're the anon who asked about international but only within the Americas - Mexico, USA and Canada? I'll sort this out now!
(Likewise for Iceland anon, you'll only be paired with other EU nations!)

>>9247609
Shoot me an email real quick, anon! I'll start matching ASAP but you still have time.

I've just closed off submissions now, at 3pm 04/11 AEST~

>> No.9247635

>>9247634
I don't know why I just typed 04/11. I meant 07/11.

What am I even doing with a keyboard.

>> No.9247654

>>9247634
Sad to have just missed this T_T
Can we sign up to send gifts to grinched anons?

>> No.9247684

>>9247592
>Did highest bracket.
>Going to buy my anon their dream dress.
>Probably going to get a box of daiso hairclips in return.

I-it's the spirit of the holiday that counts.

>> No.9247688
File: 108 KB, 774x1032, 1466924500209-371.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9247634
Did you get the mail about me asking to be matched only with giftees that are okay with handmade in my lowest bracket choices?

>> No.9247693

>>9247634
Thank you for everything. You are a saint!!!

>> No.9247700

>>9247634
I'm that America (continent) anon. Thank you santa. I'll leave the rest to you. You are the best.

>> No.9247708

>>9247684
I am going to laugh so hard when you match with me and there's NO dream anything.

>> No.9247712

>>9247708
Jokes on you, anon. I fuckin' LOVE saltines.

>> No.9247717

>>9247712
Please no, Anon. You're making me blush.

>> No.9247726

>>9247688
i hope we are matched together but i fear we are not in the same shipping zone.

>> No.9247736

>>9247726
I said yes to international shipping, so that may not matter!

>> No.9247738

>>9247684
>Did highest bracket
>Didn't list dream dress
fk me

>> No.9247808

>>9247566
>tfw I didn't list my dream dress
I-it's impossible to find anyway...

>> No.9247842

All you are be gonna grinched

>> No.9247860
File: 57 KB, 450x254, sure jan.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9247842

>> No.9247877

>>9247634
Thank you Santa anon!!

>> No.9247893

>>9247634
Santa anon, I sent you an email 2 weeks ago about not receiving a confirmation and never got a reply so I sent another one just now, can you let me know if you got it? Thanks!

>> No.9247896

>>9247566
Honestly I would probably feel bad and guilty about getting an expensive gift while I gave a cheap one. I think that you should just sign up for the higher bracket if you really want to go all out.

>> No.9247914

>>9247842
if we all send gifts....technically none of us will be grinched.....

>> No.9247946

>>9247688
Painting anon here. I hope we get matched (and I hope you like paintings!)

>> No.9247973

I'm already hunting for bonus gifts for my giftees and so far I've got a bunch of lolita shop accessory fukubukuros saved

>> No.9248023

>>9247896
No need to feel guilty. For stuff like this, people know what they're signing up for. For example, I wanted to sign up for a low tier despite wanting to spoil my Santa. The reason for that is because I don't feel like it's possible for me to maintain happiness. So having someone spend a lot on me feels like a waste when it could've gone to someone else. Someone who's normal. I was so excited about getting people stuff, I forgot about myself and how I'd probably react. So I'm signed up in the high tier. But almost immediately after, wanted to be in a low tier. Other people thought it through and are where they want to be.

>> No.9248053

>>9236385
>>9236392
>>9237706
>>9237872
This got me thinking, if I order something from indie jewelry brand, will this be considered as handmade if it's handmade?! I mean, even Moss Marchen stuff is handmade after all, and I'm really puzzled what to do as I know many cool jewelry crafters out there. I've got my own jewelry brand too, it's well-known in my country, and I was also wondering if my gifts should be considered as handmade or not at this point.

>> No.9248231

>>9248053
I think the important part of handmades is that you, the sender, made it. The fact that hands were involved in making it doesn't really mean much as most tennis shoes would be handmade.

>> No.9248256

>>9248053
>>9248231
i think it is a grey area. if you made it and wish it to represent a brand you receive income from/pay taxes for, it might not count as "handmade" depending on how well-known you are. if people think of your products as Indie Brand X instead of Anon-chan's Brand, you might be at the point where you can consider it "not handmade" for the purposes of a gift exchange. but a lot of people will protest that.

handmade items also cost more than store-bought usually, if you pay yourself a living wage. so the recipient may feel cheated if the $50 necklace they receive looks like something they could have got for $15 at a mass-production retail outlet. so, people who say "no" to handmade would probably not enjoy receiving a well-constructed and fairly-priced item even if your brand is well-established.

>> No.9248272

>>9248231
>>9248256
Oh, I see. There is no big difference to me in buying gifts or making them (because of my income from sales), I just love sending people stuff that I think would please them and fit their wardrobe. I mean, not like I were trying to get off easily.

>> No.9248291

>>9247946
I absolutely love getting art. I hope I get you too, anon.

>> No.9248858

>>9247634
I never got a confirmation so I'm still waiting for it. I entered the right email I just never got a confirmation is all.

>> No.9248864

>>9248291
>>9247946
What's stopping the both of you from just sending gifts to each other outside of Secret Santa? You yuri-baiting shits.

>> No.9248942

>>9248864
Let us have our fleeting christmas romance, anon.

>> No.9248945

>>9248942
Don't drag this out for an entire season. Give the viewers what they want.

>> No.9249510

>tfw I missed the deadline to join be cause of constant work hours

Maybe next year gulls. I hope everyone gets something nice out of this.

>> No.9249827

>>9247318
I've been thinking about it.
>stickers
>face masks
>false eyelashes
>sample/travel size makeup

Anyone else have ideas to toss around for extras?

>> No.9249829

>>9249827
ooh, face masks and falsies are a really good idea! I'm a professional makeup artist, and I frequent a shop where real nice discounts on good makeup, skincare, and makeup accessory stuff like this. I really hope whoever I get is ok with getting makeup or skincare things, cus I really want to give nice things I actually know are nice!

>> No.9249837

>>9249827
for cosplayers, I could see stuff that would be good for a travel cosplay repair kit. Stuff like
wig tape
wig cap
bobby pins
tide pens
shout wipes
cute thread snips
superglue
fashion tape
etc....

These aren't really "giftlike" in and of themselves, but are certainly very practical for a cosplayer to have at the ready, so YMMV

>> No.9249845

>>9249510
Same, work ruins everything

>> No.9249847

>mfw I realize putting so much on my interests list means I don't know who I'll get paired with and I've got to submit my Taobao cart tonight
God I hope it's lolitas because I just tossed a bunch of accessories into my cart. If it's cosplayers I have brand new wigs on hand I can send them? And I've got plenty of cute stationery filler for everyone.

>> No.9249852

>>9249827
>Anyone else have ideas to toss around for extras?
cute (or gothic) office supplies and tools to organize one's hobbies: a budget book, zippered pouch, mini stapler, paper clips, cheap little travel conveniences. package a whole convention or ILD rescue kit, like >>9249837 mentions.

be daring: include underarm pads, gel insoles, CosRx pimple patches. this is /cgl/; "teasing but helpful" is our brand. include a tube of decoden burn cream. or a storage container outwardly decorated as such but inside is a sturdy little organization space.

...i've lost the plot, this has gone from filler ideas to useful jokes.

>> No.9249857

Has everyone been assigned yet?

>> No.9249868

>>9249857
Nope. Probably won't be for another few days.

>> No.9249955

ugh, realizing only now that it's too late that I should have put the specific makeup palette that I really want on my wishlist ;;; I don't think I put down anything specific gdi

>> No.9249981

>>9249955
Post it here and maybe it'll get to your Secret Santa. Gotta roll the dice.

>> No.9250103
File: 364 KB, 636x466, Screen Shot 2016-11-09 at 1.13.32 AM.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9249981
ugh yes ok

I'm the anon who's a professional makeup artist and wants to cosplay Ulala. That should make it pretty specific if anyone happens to get me. The palette I'm really pining for is LunatiCK's contour palette (pic related.)

>> No.9250561

I send out an email for you all to check your submission, and give us the exact number of cards you want to send.

If you need to make any last minute changes, please submit the information now.

Also apologies to those who received any duplicates, it was a mistake on my end.

>> No.9250593

>>9250561
What if you submitted the form and haven't got this email?

>> No.9250612

>>9250593
Did you apply late? Or maybe I have the wrong email address. Send me or Seagull Santa an email.

>> No.9250622

>>9250612
Nah I applied way before the deadline, using my gmail account. I also sent an email from that account because I didnt put much info in the likes section.

>> No.9250665

>>9250622
I think I found it. Check your email again.

>> No.9250672

Thank you Elf-chan for the confirmation and chance to do any adjustments! The email template is also very cute.
I replied to the email with some changes.

>> No.9250738

>>9250665
Sorry for the late replies SS's helper! And thanks for helping out! Do we need to do a new thread soon or are we gonna wait until it maxes out?

>> No.9250842

>>9250738
Let it max out and make a post linking to it at the end of this thread. Like every other general thread.

>> No.9250955

oh shoot, so we CAN ask for changes to the wishlist? I wasn't sure with the email's wording, so I only asked for a tiny change, when I would have included more if I had known it was ok! is it ok if I send a second followup email with the wishlist information?

>> No.9251044

>>9250955
You're better off sending your changes through email again than waiting and asking through the board. The worst that could happen by sending the email is that it won't be changed.

>> No.9251579

Got a bunch of cute Starbucks gift cards for the gulls getting xmas cards from me, and some draw-your-own gift cards for the people I'm exchanging with. I just hope the people who get them are down with coffee/tea

>> No.9251583

>>9251579
You are a gift to seagullkind.

>> No.9251686

Excited for matches! They can't come soon enough.

>> No.9251693

>>9251686
Why wait? We're already a match made in heaven. ;)

>> No.9251731

>>9251686
Right? I can't wait to start writing cards too <3

>> No.9251774
File: 944 KB, 500x299, giphy.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9251686
>mfw waiting for matches

>> No.9252053

I really hope we get our matches before 11/11 is over, I'm doing a huge order and would not mind throwing in some small gifts along with the cards I want to send.

>> No.9252269

>grabbed some lolita stuff on Taobao
>got little beauty stuff at Forever21 today
I hope I did good for when I get matched otherwise I'm gonna have to grab more stuff.

>> No.9252414

>>9252269
oh god f21 makeup is garbage why would you do that

>> No.9252473

>>9252414
Not that anon, but beauty stuff can be shit like knockoff beauty blenders or eye masks and shit, too. Fingers crossed f21-anon knew better

>> No.9252482

>>9252473
I'm having trouble parsing this comment.

>> No.9252585

>>9252473
I can never get enough cheap ass beauty blenders.

>> No.9252616

>>9252414
>>9252473
Actually I got some face masks (no one else sells them anywhere near me) and a cute lipgloss, just little cheap stuff. I figured you could get beauty blenders everywhere and I don't like buying makeup for anons since I don't know what they like.

>> No.9252807

MATCH US ALREADY! AGRVHSHSHHDHDHHD

>> No.9252813

>>9252807
Chill out dude. There's over 122 of us commenting in here so who knows how many people they have to actually match.

>> No.9252821

>>9252807
I feel the same, but matching everyone (especially after having to amend some people's submissions) must be sheer hell.

>> No.9253344

>>9252821
I hope they're not trying to sort people by interest and just keep it to location and tier level. It would really take the fun out of it. It's not like there were questions to pick who we wanted to gift to so they'd be making assumptions we didn't want them to make.

>> No.9253572

>>9253344
I assume they're factoring in other stuff too, like people who said yes to handmade with people who put down crafts as an interest and so on. I'm personally hoping they did, since I really want to make cute stuff for people, and I'd be really disappointed if I didn't get something handmade.

>> No.9253581

I'm feeling super creative and I'm just so excited to assemble each little box like???

Anyone else have an idea or theme just yet?

>> No.9253608

>>9253581
>idea or theme
Hope it gets to you before Christmas and to be festive I doodled some shit on the box, enjoy.

>> No.9253677

>>9253581
I want to make cushions based on what people like. If I don't get anyone who has specific likes/dislikes I'm just going to make a Christmas themed one and hope they like it.
I should clarify that I am going to get stuff they want, too, I'm just really in the mood for sewing.

>> No.9253730

>>9253677
Damn gulls like you almost make me regret putting "no" for handmade

>> No.9253797

match us already pleaseeeeeee

>> No.9253886

>>9253677
I was thinking of doing some embroidery with a tiny wreath with something they like inside it. I'm in a huge mood to embroider because I'm working on my new nephew's little plaque.

>> No.9253958

>>9253797
Right. It's the day were supposed to get the email so I really hope we get see it tonight. Waiting is hard.

>> No.9253986

She said 13th at the latest.
ASSIGNMENTS WHEN

>> No.9253998

>>9253958
>>9253986
Hawaii time

:^)

>> No.9254007

SMASHES REFRESH BUTTON ON EMAIL

>> No.9254022

I swear waiting on getting your match is almost more fun than getting the gifts. I just love the surprise of not knowing who you'll get.

>> No.9254071

I hope I don't get a trump supporter :^)

>> No.9254081

>>9254071
That would be a nightmare, honestly. Then again, it's not something you'd really put as an interest, so I suppose if I do there's still no way of knowing.
>>9254022
I disagree entirely, just give me my matches already! I need to work tomorrow and this is keeping me up!

>> No.9254241

It's ~4 PM in Vancouver right now. So there's potentially ~8 more hours of nothing that can still be considered the 13th.

>> No.9254273
File: 1.66 MB, 480x270, 1358285711500.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

the suspense is killing me

>>9254071
>>9254007
same

>> No.9254290

Sorry guys; I originally intended to match you all manually but had to wait for Helperanon's lists and tools.
Turns out I couldn't use them anyway and had to go back to manual at the last second, using my phone and a good ol' pen and paper.

I still tried to use their (alphabetically ordered) list as a reference point but apparently that wasn't good enough because now too many people share the
same first letter in their name, despite being fine in every other regard.

So I guess you'll all have to wait for her to redo it and get you the perfect matches.

>> No.9254297

>>9254290
How many anons signed up?

>> No.9254299

>>9254297
98 this year, up from the late fourties last year.

>> No.9254323

>>9254290
Can you at least read the email I sent you or at least discuss with me before you posted this?

Everybody do not worry, the matches will go out as planned today. The card matches, however will be sent out a different day. I hope you all can understand.

>> No.9254326

>>9254290
>>9254299
Holy crap that's a lot of people.
It sucks getting matched is delayed but you and Helper are doing this for free and just out of festive cheer so thank you just for bothering to get all this done and take your time! It won't kill us to wait a few more days.

If anyone can help with something, please let us know!

>> No.9254327
File: 154 KB, 221x253, lol.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9254323
>>9254326
Errr.. or not? Still, thank you both for doing all this and I guess huzzah for getting matched today?

>> No.9254371

>>9254326
You don't know that. People die all the time.

>> No.9254430

matches when

>> No.9254446

>>9254430
It's still the 13th in places of the world.

>> No.9254513

I'm just reloading here and my email all the time. I feel so impatient.

>> No.9254674

>>9254007
STILL SMASHING

>> No.9254729

>tfw 14th

>> No.9254740

Has Christmas been canceled?

>> No.9254766

We're still working on it. Should be done in a few more hours.

>> No.9254890
File: 30 KB, 298x403, Waiting-Skeleton.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.9254913

What are some good places to look for secret santa gifts for a classic lolita?
I found mine a vintage brooch on etsy, however it takes up almost my entire budget for this event, so I'm struggling to justify it, and looking for alternatives.

>> No.9254919

>>9254913
>found mine
You've got your matches already?!

>> No.9254924
File: 390 KB, 1016x744, match me.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.9254963

Someone might need to make the next thread because we're skirting closer to the end of autosaging into oblivion.

>> No.9255000

>>9254963
Meh, I'd rather wait until the matches have been sent out and start off the new thread with that announcement.
>Please hurry SS-sama!

>> No.9255002

>>9253344
>Keep it to location
I really hope they don't for the gulls who stated "yes" in "will you ship internationally" section.

>> No.9255007

>>9255002
Pretty sure it won't happen that way. Usually you'd match the domestic only people by interest and then when you've done all the domestic matches you turn to the international ones and do them by interest.

>> No.9255012

>>9255002
The way I interpret that is as "would you be willing to ship internationally (if there are no local matches)" not as "do you want to be matched internationally". It's for people who live in like Yemen or something.

>> No.9255084

>>9255007
>>9255012
Oh crap. Seems to me we'll be exchanging with my friend after all. It sucks to live in such a small country
>tfw matches' thrill killed before actual matches

>> No.9255150

>>9255007
I hope its not very strictly by interest. I'm wrote down gothic style and I would love to buy kawaii af things for a sweet girl

>> No.9255193
File: 32 KB, 495x330, i can&#039;t do this anymore.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

pls santa-senpai & helper-chan

>> No.9255229

>>9254919
Oh sorry, it's for a different secret santa event. I just posted here because I figured you gulls would have some good insight and I'm really struggling,

>> No.9255306

>>9255229
Lesbianist, you just wanted to rub it in our faces that we don't have matches yet.

>> No.9255307

>>9255084
>not being thrilled to get double gifts and giving double gifts to the one you like

>> No.9255423

>>9255150
I ship goth anon and kawaii giftee

>> No.9255582

>tfw grinched by the organizers

>> No.9255583

WHERE ARE THE MATCHES
REEEEEEEEEE

>> No.9255591

>>9255582
>tfw empathizing with whatever stress is probably happening unseen behind the scenes

i hope it is not as painful as i imagine, organizers.

>> No.9255592

>>9255591
>tfw the organizers said a date and they didn't do it on time

>> No.9255602

>>9255592
They said today, didn't they? It's only 8PM EST so there's still time.

>> No.9255612

>>9255602
Originally said the 13th and then backtracked and said 'a few more hours' at 12 am PST today.

>> No.9255623

>>9230715
>I'll try to have everybody matched by the 13th (Hopefully sooner)
yeah sure

>> No.9255629

Seriously people, chill out. They had double the amount of people that entered last year and some issues. This is why we can't have nice things.

>> No.9255637

>>9255629
Only because the nice things have been delayed.

>> No.9255643

>>9255629
>tfw nice things don't arrive on time

>> No.9255649

Idc if this is salty. I hope we have more competent coordinators next year.
>inb4 they're busy/lots of people to match/they do it for free, etc.
If they don't have the time or capacity to handle this operation, then they shouldn't have committed to it. It's really inconveniencing me because I'm leaving for a few weeks tomorrow and I need to buy my match's gifts before I go.

>> No.9255654

>>9255629
I somehow imagine most impatient ones to be the type that longs for presents and then gets everyone grinched.

>> No.9255655

>>9255649
It's secretly a Secret Valentine's.

>> No.9255656

>>9255655
Time to get seagulls sexy lacy lingerie.

>> No.9255663

>>9255654
>tfw the entire thread is impatient
Guess everyone's getting grinched

>> No.9255666

>>9255654
May no one get grinched this year. At least we'll have an early warning system with one person's name popping up a ton like last year's.

>> No.9255668

>>9255655
>a Secret Saltine's

>> No.9255673

>>9255666
what name?

I feel like the organizers are having a real hard time and that we are ruining this activity for them. But they're also ruining it for us and being a little incompetent

>> No.9255677
File: 45 KB, 596x628, KEKSIMUSMAXIMUS.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9255668
KEK

>> No.9255705

I guess if there's no secret santa...I can save some money and buy myself a gift.

>> No.9255711

>>9255705
Whoa there. You don't know me so I'm functionally the same as a Secret Santa anon. Just use that money to buy me gifts!

>> No.9255738

>>9255582
>you spelled cucked wrong
jk, hope the best for the organizers, be a little more patient guys

>> No.9255740

>>9255738
Being patient and shitposting aren't mutually exclusive. You can appreciate the organisers while making jokes about the situation.

>> No.9255746

>>9255738
no

>> No.9255763

>>9255740
I didn't mean everyone, why're you making it sound like I'm trying to stop people from posting at all lol

>>9255746
pls

>> No.9255764

I just want to make some cute custom things for people.

>> No.9255768

>>9255763
Because you're the grinch who stole Christmas. I'm onto you. Ever since you showed up, all the matches failed to appear. That's no coincidence.

>> No.9255772

>>9255768
( ; -;)

>> No.9255787

RREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>> No.9255788

>>9255768
I just want my heart to love again bro

>> No.9255791

I'm done matching guys, there are some slight changes to some of your price brackets. Email me and I'll explain why.

Be aware, next year there will be max gift limit.

I just need to format the email template and then it will be sent out.

>> No.9255793

>>9255791
Yay! Thanks, looking forward to getting my matches!

>> No.9255796

>>9255791
>max gift limit
Please and thank you, seriously. I seriously think everyone should be limited to 5 gifts of any bracket and that's it.

>> No.9255797

>>9255791
Why is there an empty post?

>> No.9255814
File: 101 KB, 800x473, I CANT HANDLE THIS.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9255791
REFRESH REFRESH REFRESH

>> No.9255818

im having a deja vu

>> No.9255827

I've got to be up for classes in 8 hours but this is more important.

>> No.9255832
File: 34 KB, 514x384, 5.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9255791

>> No.9255836

I won't get a dissapointing gift b/c I'm not a gril, r-right guys?

>> No.9255837

>>9255836
rip my dude

>> No.9255839

>>9255791
Are we just getting gift matches or card matches too?

>> No.9255844

>>9255837
I just want to be fashionable and cute too… oh well, at least I know I'll finally be able to give gifts to people who'll appreciate the effort I put into the presentation and all that.

>> No.9255854

>>9255839
see
>>9254323
>The card matches, however will be sent out a different day. I hope you all can understand.

Unless shit changed again then I don't know lol

>> No.9255864

tfw no email

>> No.9255868

tfw no email

>> No.9255876

>>9255868
>>9255864
tfw no email

>> No.9255879

>>9255876
wtf no email

>> No.9255892

tfw no qt matches

>> No.9255893

No emails, no Secret Santas, no gifts. But at least we have each other.

>> No.9255895

>>9255892
if i dont get a sweet rori to fulfill my kawaii dreams ill be so sad

>>9255836
splsh is that you?

>> No.9255902

>>9255895
Nah, I'm >>9250103

>> No.9255922
File: 205 KB, 648x341, suffering.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

tfw no email still

>> No.9255934
File: 9 KB, 148x135, To_Love-RU_laugh_1215-1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

mfw someone's getting a heart attack waiting for a match and they end up with me

Was it worth it, Anon?

>> No.9255937

My heart jumps every time I get a new email, but it's all just spam!

>> No.9255959

>>9255836
i have participated in past gift exchanges and nothing has disappointed. it depends on what your interests are.

>> No.9255962
File: 12 KB, 222x251, 1352749846631.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Can we just get a time estimate on when the emails will be sent out? Because I'm getting really sleepy waiting for them...

>> No.9255965

>>9255962
Be a good kid and go to bed or Secret Santa Santa will make sure you get nothing but Saltines. Christmas will still be there when you wake up.

>> No.9255975

GOT AN E-MAIL!!!

>> No.9255976

ME TOO!!!

>> No.9255977

Oh god… all my matches are j-fash people and I'm a cosplayer… oh no…

>> No.9255978

OMG GOT IT

>> No.9255979

Jesus Christ, I feel like I under-performed when writing up my what I wanted.

>> No.9255982

NEW THREAD PLS

>> No.9255983

>>9255981 New Thread

Gift emails are out.

>> No.9255986

>>9255977
same here! i'm kinda excited though, I love online shopping. I'm just worried i'll get them something they hate or doesn't match their wardrobe.