[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 126 KB, 740x441, Korean Beauty Steps.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9240843 No.9240843 [Reply] [Original]

Old Thread >>9174197
Basic Western Routine:
>Cleanser
>Toner
>Moisturizer

Starter Asian Routine:
>Oil Cleanser
>Foaming Cleanser
>Moisturizer
>Sunscreen

Some basic tips:
>Introduce Moisturizer first. As much as you want to introduce a cleanser to clean, a moisturizer helps control oil production
>introduce one product, two weeks at a time
>Unless starting BHA or AHA, you should not be getting new breakouts while introducing products
>YMMV always. Just because it worked for others, doesn't mean it will work for you.

See below for some product suggestions

>> No.9240844
File: 1.58 MB, 657x1920, Asian Skin Care Chart.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Basic skincare products are:

Cleanser: Cetaphil, CeraVe
Toner: Thayers Alcohol Free Witch Hazel
Moisturizer: Aloe Vera gel, Cerave PM Cetaphil moisturizer, Eucarin

Asian Beauty Starter Pack:
Oil cleanser: DHC Deep Cleansing Oil, Kose Softymo Speedy Cleansing Oil, Banila Co Clean It Zero
Second Cleanser: Hada Labo Foaming, Cerave Foaming, Tosowoong Powder Enzyme, CosRx Good Morning Gel
Moisturizer: Cerave PM, Benton Snail Bee Steam Cream, CosRx Honey Ceramide Full Moisture Cream, CosRx 92 Snail AIO
Sunscreen: Biore Watery Essence, Shiseido Senka Anti-aging, Canmake Mermaid UV Gel, Biore Perfect Milk

As always, YMMV. Just because other people like it, doesn't mean that you would

>> No.9240860
File: 686 KB, 3063x4592, Korean Routine.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9236941
Sunscreen. Find a body one or you can also use one for the face but you would run with the issue of super tiny bottles (most are around 50ml)

>>9236889
Kind of have to think that serums are there to target specific issues. Brightening seems to be the next go to if you don't have a lot of acne desu

>>9237696
Honestly, either one would be good for you to start with. You really need a moisturizer though and the Cerave PM is a good one to start with. Your cleanser might be a little too high or rough for your skin too, iirc. I would switch to a foaming or a gel cleanser. If you feel that this works for you though, feel free to ignore.

>>9239828
Meh. The only product with charcoal that I remember is The Yeon's Lotus Flower Charcoal Foam Cleanser. There are some really good charcoal konjac sponges but thats about it

>> No.9240866

>>9240860
Thank you. I went and bought some earlier. Hopefully this works.
I hope it becomes cold enought to wear a long sleeve shirt under my uniform top to stop some of the tanning.

>> No.9240868

So my sebaceous filaments/pores are huge on my cheeks. I sprung for Paula's Choice BHA and this volcanic clay mask thing, waiting on them in the mail, but I still need a cleansing oil. Should I buy an asian one or does anyone have experience with using something I can just pick up at a store (like sunflower/coconut/mineral oil) for cleansing? What do you suggest?

>> No.9240909

>>9240860
Thanks anon!

I'll check out Cerave PM, I see it has great reviews on Amazon.

For the cleanser, I can totally see how it might be overkill, I just defaulted to that after trying a lot of different cleansers from that brand and finding either I don't like the smell or they left my face feeling a little oily. This is the first one I've found that feels like it really strips away the oil. I'm willing to try alternatives though.

I did end up picking up the panda eye stick and it feels as good as everyone says. No regrets there. I was at Target tonight trying to find the rosewater witch hazel anon liked but my location is stupid apparently and doesn't carry it. So I bought regular witch hazel to use as toner for now.

>> No.9240929

I'm 26 and I have been noticing more wrinkles under my eyes. What products can I use?

I'm looking for brands like L'Oreal, for example, since I can't buy outside my country.

>> No.9241110

>>9240866
If you really want to go all out on it, you can also get the UV shirts too.

>>9240868
Among those three, mineral oil would be your best bet since the more popular cleansing oils' base is this. With that said, if you find that you react to them, I would also look at Garnier Micellar Water. Honestly, double cleansing is still new in the US market so I don't think you would have much of a local selection

>>9240909
Do you feel squeaky clean to the point it feels dry? If so, thats really not a reaction you want from a cleanser.

>>9240929
What country?

>> No.9241192

Foaming cleanser isn't great because it often has a high pH. For morning cleansing and double-cleaning use a low-pH cleanser

>> No.9241214

I've only very recently discovered that most skincare advice is a meme.
Like I've had bad skin for a couple of years now, just closed comedomes out of the ass, blackheads, pustules, dryness etc. Over the years I've tried virtually everything from AHA to BHA, derma rolling, vitamin E, vitamin C, coffee scrubs, cocoa butter, sweet almond oil, coconut oil, suncreams, sun blocks, Cetaphil, Avene, oat masques, exfoliation etc. You know what finally cured my acne and my dermatitis? I stopped putting shit on my face outright and it just... stopped. Now I just use retin-a and nothing else and my skin is perfect bar a few dimples from scarring.

>> No.9241228

>>9241214
You're using retin-a without sunscreen?
Good for you that your skin is doing well with minimal product. I try to keep my skincare routine from being overly cluttered as well. But if you're using topical retinoids that make your skin extra photosensitive you should really be protecting yourself against the sun. Do you at least wear big hats and stuff?

>> No.9241239

What are some good vegan products to cop on Chile? Combination/Oily skin plz

>> No.9241246

I have some snail gel moisturizer on the way and a long-awaited refill of BHA at the post office to pick up. Kind of bummed since I don't want to restart the BHA and start the snail simultaneously but glad I'll finally have more to put on my skin besides face wash, toner, and aloe vera gel.

Since I have used this same BHA before do you think I could wait a little shorter than 2 weeks after re-starting it to start the snail moisturizer?

>> No.9241247

>>9241110
Argentina

>> No.9241281

>>9241214

Do you clean your skin at all? Or do you just use water?

And how do you moisturise afterwards?

I'm just curious because I forgot to clean my face yesterday (I took a bath but then due to feeling like flu shit I forgot to clean my face completely)... it's oddly clear? Sort of on the dry side but no breakouts.

>> No.9241340

>>9241110
Yes, to the point that it feels dry and tight - I just assumed that meant it was working correctly. Oops. I'm guessing with a name like "Deep Action Scrub" it's not something I should be using every day, is it?

>> No.9241361

>>9241110
Ill think about it. One step at a time

>> No.9241362

>>9241228
I actually looked into that prior to getting my script and the tretinoin causing photosensitivity thing is legit a complete myth. I mean I live in the North of England and we get fuck all sunlight as it is, but I'm wearing a little when the sun is out, nothing too heavy.

>> No.9241363

>>9241281
I wash my face with cold water at night before I go to bed and sometimes I'll splash on a LUSH face masque as a treat (even though they likely do nothing), but other than that I use nothing. This is crazy for me because I used to have one of those retarded 10 step routines with the micellar water and the ampoules and the Missha yeast extract thing, I can't even remember. All that time it was actually clogging my pores, irritating my skin and fucking my face up further.
I mean I'm not saying moisturising and sunblock is bad, but we need to keep it in moderation and not go HAM on the products.

>> No.9241364

>>9241110
Oh! I already have micellar water. Does that work the same way, then?

>> No.9241387

>>9241192
Foaming cleansers can be drying for people who have dry skin but all the ones listed have a pH of 5.5

>>9241214
That's awesome for you. Goes to show that skincare is really YMMV. Some people are good with having super minimal routines while some need to have a more extensive routine. I mean, really, you should be following what your skin wants

>> No.9241539
File: 149 KB, 900x599, 1244123112.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I have abnormally rough hands; I've even gone to my GP and they prescribed some lanolin cream and it did nothing. I've tried loads of different methods of making them softer but nothing works.

Does anyone have any ideas of what I could do?

>> No.9241700

>>9241539
I have exzema and when it starts healing and flaking i use pure argan oil and a thick layer of vaseline and massage it in, then leave it on over night ruining my sheets. But it works.

>> No.9241741
File: 35 KB, 490x368, led-light-therapy-forehead.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Has anyone ever tried LED light therapy? After looking up the .gov studies on it, I want to try it out to diminish some fine lines, even if it's just a bit.

>> No.9241976

>>9241539
Put on a heavy-duty treatment at night and wear gloves over it, those thin cotton ones

>> No.9241985

Any advice for perpetually dry, flaky lips?

It seems like no matter what balms I use, how often I apply them, how much water I drink, or how often or not I exfoliate, my lips always end up extremely dry and flaking off/cracking. I don't have dry skin elsewhere and I don't lick my lips. I have noticed that they get worse after talking a lot since my job has a public speaking component to it, and after my public speaking days they are significantly worse.

Any ideas on which products I should be using or other care techniques?

>> No.9242013

What's a good scrub? I ran out of the one I was using and was thinking of trying a charcoal scrub. Also, before anyone starts, yes I use chemical exfoliants, I just use a scrub once a week to help get off the flakey dead skin.

>> No.9242022

>>9242013
I find a konjac sponge does the job for me

>> No.9242033

>>9241214
how old were you when your bad skin began, how long did it take to progress to the point you describe, how many of the products did you use at once/how long did you stick with each, and how old were you when you discontinued all use of meme products besides retin-a and was it a gradual or sudden reduction?

asking for scientific purposes

>> No.9242107

>>9240929
el rapid wrinkle repair de Neutrogena tiene retinol, que engrosa la piel y te rellena las líneas finas. Está aprox 200/250pe en farmacity, seguro en farmacias o perfumerías comunes sale un mango menos.
sino lidherma o niza cientifica tiene productos copados, están en precio parecido.

>> No.9242141

>>9241985
I had a bumpy itchy lip for a while and I gave medicated balm a try. The classic Carmex formula cleared it up in a week.

I applied it twice a day when needed.

>> No.9242186

>>9242141
Thanks, anon! Classic Carmex is probably the only product I haven't tried. I use medicated Blistex (the kind in the white squeeze tube), but it doesn't seem to do much. It makes my lips softer, but then they dry out again within about 20 minutes, and it makes the flaking worse when my lips are flaky.

I would assume that I would need some sort of balm that acts as a really good barrier for when I have to do public speaking, but I haven't found anything that lasts long enough through talking for an hour or two straight a few times a week.

>> No.9242212

>>9241985
I use balms which are very rich in shea butter, like from l'occitane and the body shop. I think they're pretty good, neutral, barrier-like balms which are also moisturising and survive through drinking a bit of water. Also nivea's lip butter (in that raspberry rose flavour mmm). But I think like with the skin on the rest of your face, different things will work for different people so good luck with finding something that works.

>>9242186
I think most balms seem to'make flaking worse' because it helps the dead skin come away from your lips. Which looks worse in the short term but is better in the long run. And yeah, stay away from blistex, it only makes your lips drier.

>> No.9242277
File: 156 KB, 464x437, 1439785351360.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Buy Tonymoly Panda's Dream Sleeping Pack purely because it's adorable.
>End up using it twice daily as my normal moisturizer.
>Stop using it for a week because I ran out and for some reason decided to order more online from Korea instead of just going out and buying one.
>Skin a dry, scaly, breakout-y mess immediately.
>Start using it again.
>Back to baby-soft and clear.

Mother fuckin' pandas.

>> No.9242313

>>9241985
Castor oil and then lanolin on top

>> No.9242315

>>9242212
nivea's lip butter thingy smells so good but my last tin went bad and I couldn't see it anywhere afterwards
now I'm stuck with some fairly shitty eucerin balm which isn't really doing anything for my lips.

what do you guys use for spot treatment? I've previously used some sebamed cream but it's coloured and way too dark for my skin so I can't really go out with it. also, this is more suited for the makeup thread, but anyone got any sensitive skin friendly BB cream recommendations? both western and asian products are fine by me. how do you colour match when shopping online?

>> No.9242333

>>9242315
I've read good things about
>Etude House AC Clean Up Mild BB Cushion
>Holika Holika Clearing Petit bb
>Mizon Snail Repair BB (comes only in 1 very pale shade though)
>Maybelline Dream Pure BB
>Garnier Skinactive BB
>Skinfood Aloe Sun BB
>Dr. Jart Gold Label BB
in that they tend to be kind to sensitive skin, or at least don't make anything worse.

Knowing your skin's undertone helps with trying to color match online and searching for reccs. Innisfree's BB cushions as an example tend to lean more yellow, while others can lean more on pink.

On any spots or forming pimples I get, I dab a somewhat thick glob of Paula's Choice Redness Relief 1% BHA over the spot before I sleep and it's better by morning. It's not really meant for that though and I'm sure there's better. I've been wanting to try out Etude House's pink powder spot treatment.

>> No.9242335

>>9242333
I feel like Garnier is the satan of skincare.

>> No.9242338

>>9242335
I used to use their micellar water to remove makeup without issues, but their gel moisturizer slightly burned my skin. So my personal experience has been 50/50.

I don't go out of my way for that brand, but I've seen worse when it comes to companies loading up tons of fragrance and potentially irritating and photosensitizing essential oils and other ingredients in their skincare stuff.

>> No.9242344

>>9241214
>>9242033

If it is helpful to know, retinoids have been recommended for moderate to severe acne since 1971. Retinoids are still commonly recommended by dermatologists if other treatments have not worked.

>>9241362
Photosensitivity is a risk, but I think many forget photosensitivity is a condition where the sunlight exposure actually causes pain.

Tretinoin is amazing stuff. My grandmother has used it for years and she looks very young to be 86 and very ill.

>> No.9242358

>a month ago, outer left corner of eye where hooded eyelid crease is/where winged eyeliner would go begins to act strangely
>normally don't wear makeup, wore some for an event and noticed shadow/liner wouldn't stay on in that corner, and skin looked weird there, kind of red
>rest of makeup stayed fine but kept vanishing from that corner when i tried to reapply
>thought maybe primer did not cover that corner of my eyelid crease
>next day, both outer corners itchy
>see nothing, do routine as usual
>forget about it
>next event, apply makeup, same thing happens but now on both outer corners
>area the shape of winged cat-eye liner on each side basically won't hold makeup and is irritated, left side in longer area than right
>never even put eyeliner out that far, but it's kind of that shape/location
>worry new metallic Nyx eyeliner is causing it, maybe watering eyes funnel the new liner to those corners where it reacts badly with skin?
>use Mizon snail cream to soothe the area after cleansing
>Halloween weekend happens
>do makeup again, without new stuff, just trusted products in simple, non-experimental ways
>pay close attention while applying
>trusted liner goes on, seems fine
>by the time all makeup is on and i am doing final set, liner and shadow is gone from outer corners
>neither liner nor shadow will stay despite reapplying so i stop trying to fix it, afraid it will just get irritated
>next day
>eyes itchy as fuck
>painful too
>worry i got pinkeye
>check in mirror
>outer corners of my eyes and my tear troughs below my eyes are irritated and scaly
>SCALY
>eyebags from fucking hell, starting well below where any eye makeup would have been
>apply Mizon cream to soothe the area, stings at first but then feels better, redness reduced
>only outer left corner itches and is watery

ctd.

>> No.9242359

>>9242358
>lasts from Sunday to today
>switch from snail cream to vitamin E oil
>meanwhile avoid any harsh products
>wear no makeup like usual
>left eye corner continually watery, painful, low-kew itchy
>tear troughs and outer right corner fucked up but only hurt/itch in the morning

if it does not clear up i will see a doctor, but meanwhile if anyone has any ideas what could be causing it... my normal routine has not changed in months and never caused me problems. my makeup products were also not a problem before, but i only wear makeup a couple times a month so if one was problematic i might not have noticed before now. i just do not understand why whatever is happening is only affecting what seem to be tear-related places, the places tears might go if my eyes were super-watery, which they haven't been.

>> No.9242360

>>9242358
>use Mizon snail cream
to clarify, I mean the stuff made for use around the eyes. i find it helps soothe small irritations and tend to only use it for that purpose, not as a regular thing

>> No.9242370

>>9242358
Damn that happened to me once and I never did figure out what caused it. It was crazy because, like you, I'd run my eyeliner over and over and over that spot and it would adhere on every other place besides those one spots which remained pink and shiny. Couple of days later I woke up to scales and stinging. Never did find out what caused it.

>> No.9242378

>>9242370
well it is a relief to know someone had it and survived!

after much research, it may be allergy-related eczema. i found an image that resembles my issue somewhat, though my irritation is in a smaller area of the tear trough and outer corners, not the whole eye. pic related was found to be due to her mold allergy.

http://www.luxlife-blog.com/2012/11/my-struggle-with-eye-eczema.html?m=1

i will... keep an eye... on the issue and report back. since my left earlobe is cracked (another possible eczema sign) and i have experienced dry, flaky spots elsewhere before, eczema seems likely, if depressing.

>> No.9242379
File: 167 KB, 1600x683, P1100041.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9242378
forgot pic

>> No.9242381

>>9242333
woah thanks for that, great list, I'm gonna start looking through them. I'm a true or clear winter according to those chart things, so blue veins and don't blush that easily, so I should go for a pink tinted one...?

>> No.9242426

>>9241700
You could wear disposal gloves, anon.

>> No.9242430

>>9242426
Disposable, wtf.

>> No.9242484

>>9241985
Which ones have you tried? Personally, anything made with beeswax and Carmex works for me

>>9242315
AB reddit has a spreadsheet that matches popular BB creams to Mac's system

>>9242358
Go to a doctor

>> No.9242500

>>9242484
>Mac's system
not really a thing over here, I'm an eurofag and I think mac isn't even sold in my country

>> No.9242519

>>9242500
What country? Worst case, go to any higher end department makeup store, ask to get your face matched, and go online to find matches.

I do find it strange that the standard in makeup isn't available in your country

>> No.9242663

>>9242519
Estonia, and now that I think of it, I think they actually juuust came into the country but I haven't visited the only store they're in. guess I should find a time to go see them now..

>> No.9242771

>>9242381
Yeah, if you're more cool toned, there's more visible pink/red in your skin color.

>> No.9242800

>>9242333
Maybelline fucking sucks, barely any pigment and still goes on unevenly. Garnier is okay but nowhere near as good as the other ones you named. It makes my dry skin super oily

>> No.9242960
File: 99 KB, 448x537, 1476128699556.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>buy Mizon's snail bb cream
>acne is magically better
Oh god, this is wonderful. Should I buy Mizon's recovery gel or go for a real moisturizer like Benton's steam one?

>> No.9242980
File: 665 KB, 245x400, choi.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>out of all my makeup at once
>spend $80 on makeup/skincare last month ( a record!)
>skin is dry and flaky
>forgot moisturizer
>only have anti acne foundation
>skin is flaky as hell
>ask husband if i can go out to get moisterizer
>answer is hell no

fuuuckkk

ok, a couple questions, for those of you who wear makeup daily, how much do you spend a month on it?

and what is a cheaper but good moisturizer you'd recommend? (gonna get cash and buy one, i have Asian beauty stores locally)

>> No.9242986

>>9242358
Oh I had this before! I didn't know what it was either, but it started on my right eye and spread to my left. I didn't use makeup either, it just started by itself. It went away after a couple months, and the good thing is that it changed my eye creasing on my right eye so it was now even with the left eye. I never found out what caused it, though lol

>> No.9242987

>>9242980
I've spent $120+ when splurging on high end stuff before, but on average I only do $20~35 thanks to how cheap korean beauty products are. That covers replacing something that has run out (eyeliner, BB cream, etc), and trying something new (usually new lip colours or eyeshadow).

If your husband isn't letting you go out to get moisturiser for your face, one of the most important and least frivolous products, he probably needs some beauty education. (Or maybe is trying to control your spending or you in general?). I recommend mizon's snail range or etude house moistfull collagen creams.

>>9242986
I have eczema on my eyelids, and it made one of my eyelids double while the other has remained monolid. Good to know it has done the opposite magic for you anon lmao

>> No.9242988

>>9242980
If I were to have to buy all my makeup at once it would be like $400. But I don't need to buy everything monthly, I end up doing big hauls a couple times a year. I'm not sure how cheap you're looking for moisturizer but as someone with insanely dry skin I love benton steam cream, its ~$20

>> No.9242993

>>9241985
Don't know if you've tried it, but the Malin & Goetz mojito balm is my hg lip product. It cured a case of wind burn overnight and is the only thing that works for me with the brutal temperature changes, ice and overly drying indoor climate of a NE US winter.

>> No.9242996

>>9242980
I've heard good stuff about The Ordinary and it's super cheap.

>> No.9242997

>>9242358
Anon!! I have the same eye shape and something similar used to happen to me a lot when I was using cetaphil to cleanse! My eyes would get dry and puff up after washing off makeup. Flakes of skin were peeling off my eyelids. Any and all creams burned terribly. Try making a cup of green tea with hot water and two tea bags. Once it steeps and goes from hot to warm, put the bags over your eyes (I like putting a cloth over them so they don't dribble) and soak them back in the tea when they get dry. Keep going until the irritation chills out. Don't put any lotion over it. I like to throw sun/glasses over when I'm done to keep stuff from getting in there again.
If it hurts at any point, stop.
It's a temporary solution, though. You need to figure out whatever it is in your routine that's causing this fuckery to begin with. +1 to seeing a doctor. Good luck!

>> No.9243002

>>9240868
anon, i use to have that problem

i cut alcohol out of all my face products and i don't have that problem at all anymore

i have to be super careful about it, though

none of my makeup can have alcohol in it either

>> No.9243004

>>9241741
seconding this

I read awesome stuff about it online, but nobody posts true before and after pictures

>> No.9243039

>>9243004
a good sign of sponsored reviews

>> No.9243052

>>9242378
My old roommate had eczema, and it looked exactly like this when it flared up around his eyelids. Fortunately, many cases are caused by allergies or undue irritation. Wind, cold, and bleach would cause him to flare up.

It likely could've been a product you tried. I'd maybe think of anything new you've used down to what you clean your brushes with. Otherwise, just be gentle for a couple months around that area and it'll go away.

>> No.9243076

>>9243039
Does the ncbi get paid off by companies? I thought they would be more 'pure' since they're gov funded (I think?).
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3926176/

>> No.9243080

>>9243076
Wait, that's not the right link
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3799034/

>> No.9243081

>>9243002
Same here on cutting out alcohol, but for me it was less the pores and more the redness and blotchiness on my face going away. I don't think alcohol is that big of a deal as long as it's low on the ingredients list since it's a useful solvent in many formulations, but I still try to avoid it as much as possible.

>> No.9243092

>>9243076
>>9243080
Anon, ncbi just hosts pubmed, which is a database of published scientific journal articles from many different peer-reviewed journals. you actually want to be checking whether the authors of each study (or the laser surgery journals) have conflicts of interest, not the ncbi.

For example in the first study you posted, they disclose that they were sponsored to conduct the study. The second one seems to be of a 'review of current evidence' sort of thing.

>> No.9243093

>>9243092
I had no idea. I guess I'll try looking into the authors, then, for the hell of it

>> No.9243099

Anyone have tips or more info about the serum, essence ampoule, etc. I'm tryiing to build myself a korean skincare routine, but I don't know what to get... I have a lot of blackhead on my nose and chin, big pores on my cheeks often clogged, but dry skin at the same time... I have psioriasis on my forehead. I'm 24. Thank you for your help !

>> No.9243123

>>9243099
Do you already have a cleanser and moisturizer secured? You don't need to jump in all at once, going with the bare basics and building up from that is fine. For clogged pores I see cosrx's bha blackhead power liquid recommended often

>> No.9243133

>>9243123
Thank you, I will look into this one ! Right now, I use a simple antibacterial face cleanser and Garnier moisture rescue gel-cream as moisturizer. But I kinda change often ?! I've never find something that work wonder for my skin.. I also have a japanese oil cleanser, I don't think it's that good tho, I should get a better one... so yeah. Not secured. ^^'

>> No.9243145

>>9243133
If you're not satisfied with your cleanser or moisturizer, the first post in the thread has some common recommendations.

Personally I like the Cerave Renewing SA cleanser since it's a little less drying for me than the foaming, but I have oily skin so I have no idea how it would fare for dry skin.

>> No.9243155

>>9243093
It happens on more of a per-paper basis so it'd probably just take skimming the article to find out rather than looking up authors.

>> No.9243249

I'm dry as fuck. I have very dry skin, lips, hair, mouth, and even eyes. I have to moisturise my face and lips twice a day or else it hurts when I smile (and even then my skin still looks dry and flaky) , I use coconut oil in my hair, and I have to use eye drops several times per week. I don't think it's my diet, I eat plenty of vegetables, fish, and I drink plenty of water. I've also lowered the temperature when I shower, and tried to exfoliate less and not at all (but I got super dry when I stopped exfoliating). What else can I try? I just get the feeling that there's a general imbalance in my whole body. I've seen people suggest air humidifiers, but I'm allergic to dust mites (who love air humidity), so I'll only try that as a last resort.

>> No.9243261

>>9243249
Go see a doctor and check you don't have Sjogren's or something else autoimmune?

>> No.9243340

>>9242960
Do you have a heavy moisturizer? The Snail Recovery is a lightweight gel cream whereas the Benton is heavier and can clog skin. Personally, because you like Mizon, I would go with the snail recovery or even the black snail AIO.

>>9242980
Which stores do you have around?

>>9243133
Actually, more popular oil cleansers are Japanese ones. I would switch out to a better second cleanser. Before you try BHA, it's like you have to pamper your skin so I would make sure to find a hydrating toner before adding BHA

>>9242663
You can also take your current foundation, find a mac match online and then take that to match everything else too.

>> No.9243534

>>9243340
I prefer light moisturizers. My go to has always been Clean and Clear's Dual Action moisturizer with salicylic acid.

Does the snail recovery gel have the same texture as like, aloe vera gel?

>> No.9243537

>>9243534
NTA but I recently became obsessed with the Snail Recovery Gel Cream. It starts out os a pretty viscous gel like aloe that smells like glue, but after spreading it starts to sink in easily like a serum. I use it as a last step in my morning routine, and at night, I follow it with 100% petroleum jelly on my driest areas to occlude, because the Snail Gel on its own is not super occlusive.

>> No.9243635

I went drinking on Halloween and now my face looks like a pizza and I'm 26 christ... my face was mostly clear back in Canada but it breaks out every other day while I'm in America and I don't know what to do. It's killing my self confidence.

>> No.9243671

>>9243635
Move back before the 8th and your face should clear right up.

>> No.9243683

>>9243635
Well, do you have a routine or any products you regularly use right now? Skin reacting badly after moving to a different place and climate happens to many, so you're not alone. If you want something fast acting, nothing much beats spot treating with benozyl peroxide (something with 2.5%).

>> No.9243748

>>9243635
Are you moving from a clean to a smoggy environment? You could try layering an anti inflammatory serum with a barrier cream. It might also be a change in diet or stress levels.

>> No.9243793

>>9241214
That's good for you. Unfortunately, I have oily ass skin and have to wash twice a day, moisturize, and use AHA/BHA or I get bad breakouts.

>> No.9243821

>>9242333
Seconding Dr. Jart, hands down best BB I've ever used.

>> No.9243825

I know that following a skincare routine is good for anti aging, but does anyone know of any products that are especially good for it? Should I just use cetafil everything + Thayers for toner?

Also, best way to clean makeup brushes?

>> No.9243863

>>9243793
Anon I have the same problem with my skin, would you mind to explain about aha-bha? I am also very allergic and I only use oat soap and barely a hydrating cream, not even try to put it on all my face.

>> No.9243909

>>9243825
The biggest thing is a good sunscreen and using it properly. After that, there's retinol, niacinamide, vitamin c, and probably several other kinds of ingredients that help with preventing aging. But sunscreen and using it every day is probably the most important thing

>> No.9243923

>>9243340
>Which stores do you have around?
Korean beauty stores, Japanese ones, regular american ones, names like skinfood

>> No.9244629

>>9243923
Cerave PM is probably the best one to pick up right now because of the AB stores markup and it's like $16 and available everywhere

>>9243863
AHA and BHA are chemical exfoliants and they are really strong. You sort of have to layer it afterwards with a good hydrating toner and moisturizer. Since you have sensitive skin, I would look into konjac sponges since they are gentle but effective

>> No.9244711

>>9243863
https://www.reddit.com/r/SkincareAddiction/comments/1fx45x/ahas_and_bhas_whats_the_difference_and_how_to/
http://www.paulaschoice.com/expert-advice/anti-aging/_/how-to-exfoliate-skin-and-why-its-so-important

>> No.9244726

Any toner recommendation for me ? A have large pore, kinda oily skin but dry skin around the nose. I'm wonder if I should go with Etude House Wonder Pore ? I've seen Skin Food Peach Sake one too ( offered also as a serum... ) Would It's skin Power 10 serum be good too for me ?

Thank you !

>> No.9244763

>>9244726
the top two that I can think of is Hada Labo Gokujyn Hyaluronic Acid Lotion and Kikumasamune Skin Sake Lotion Moist. The It's Skin Power 10 serum and Skin Food Peach Sake serum are liked. I think the Skinfood is used more as a primer than anything. The Etude House Wonder Pore is more or a pH balancing one

>> No.9244959

>>9240843
I want to get into skincare but I don't know where to start and it's difficult to google my issues because everything I'm reading is saying you can't have both dry and oily skin.

But, I have dry patches of skin where my skin is flaking off and other patches that have pimples. I don't know what happened to me recently that is causing this but I think it's time I start washing my face better but I have no idea what to use?

>> No.9244974

>>9244959
>everything I'm reading is saying you can't have both dry and oily skin
It's called combination skin, and is actually pretty common. You might want to try a AHA/BHA combo if you feel like starting at the deep end >>9244711 . Or you could just with the standard gentle cleansers that people recommend, and use different moisturisers for the oily and dry parts of your face? >>9240844 has some good starting recommendations, and you can always slowly introduce products into your routine rather than using them all at once.

>> No.9245003

Where's the best place to get azelaic acid and tretinoin without a prescription in the US?

>> No.9245032

I have oily skin with dryness/perpetually dry/red skin around my nose. I also have redness and some acne scarring. I get a minor breakout here or there, and it almost always leaves scars even though I never pick at it.
My biggest concerns are reducing my redness, fading scarring, controlling oil production on my nose, and most of all, getting my sebaceous filaments under control/improving the texture of my skin.

My routine currently consists of using Dermalogica's Clean Start Breakout Clearing Foaming Wash. It contains salicylic acid and claims to deep clean and clear out pores. I follow up with Dermalogica's Active Moist moisturizer.

I just bought Paula's Choice 2% BHA liquid and I don't know if it's okay to use it with my current routine. I worry the salicylic acid and BHA might be overkill. Also- if I use a chemical exfoliant, is a physical one unnecessary?
If anyone has any other recommendations, I'd be happy to hear them!

>> No.9245286

>>9244959
You can have combo skin or you can have dehydrated skin. The difference is that one isnt fixable while the other is. Dehydrated skin means that you don't have enough moisture so your skin produces oil to compensate. I would look into finding a hydrating toner suggested in >>9244763 first to make sure that your skin isn't dehydrated

>> No.9245288

>>9245003
Get curology

>> No.9245353

>>9245032
I would check the pH of the foaming wash. It may be stripping your skin too much and not helping with the dryness.
You know BHA and salicylic acid are the same thing, right?
Also most of the time physical exfoliation is unnecessary full stop for skin. Massage is about as physical as you should get unless you're doing microdermabrasion or something specialised with a derm.

>> No.9246617
File: 35 KB, 491x450, 1448189221166.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>run out of cleanser for 3 days and immediately have a breakout

whoopee. Can anyone rate my routine / suggest changes?

>25M still getting bad acne
>Once a day after shower begin routine
>get clean facecloth
>wash face with facecloth
>apply CeraVe dry skin cleanser and wash off with same facecloth
>Facecloth goes into washing
>Once skin is somewhat dryer apply CeraVe dry skin moisturiser
>Change bedsheets once every couple weeks, flip pillows over every few nights

One concern is that my facecloths are very cheap bulk ones from Amazon. They're not very soft and my skin is sometimes red after using them.

>> No.9246630

>>9246617
Irritation from physical abrasion can aggravate whatever problems you already have. First off, get some soft microfiber cloths (or tissue if you can't get them immediately) to dry your face with (gentle patting), and stop using rough washcloths on your face

>> No.9246635

>>9246630
Thanks Anon. Will something like this do: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Cheeky-Wipes-Micro-Fibre-Cloth/dp/B00A8HWNV4/ref=sr_1_2_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1478425924&sr=8-2&keywords=microfibre+face+cloth

or should I go for a more expensive lot?

>> No.9246639

>>9246635
Looks like people use it on their kids with no irritation problems, so they should be fine

>> No.9247059

>>9246635
you could just gently massage cleanser in with clean hands as well, there is really no reason to be scrubbing at your poor face

>> No.9247078

>>9247059
Cleanser needs to be removed afterwards doesn't it? And I need to gently wash my face before applying it

>> No.9247080

>>9245353
Thanks for the reply, anon.

This might be a stupid question, but how does someone check the pH of their skincare products? Do I need to go out and buy those strips of paper we used to use in high school biology class?

>You know BHA and salicylic acid are the same thing, right?
I actually thought they were 2 different things, oops. I'm going to hold off on introducing the BHA liquid until I can switch to a cleanser that doesn't contain it just so I'm not "double-dosing", so to speak.

>> No.9247140

For those anons who have some Western skincare saved on their Amazon wishlists: If you spend $50 on participating products and enter the code BEAUTYGIFT25 at checkout you'll get a $25 Amazon credit that can be used on a future "luxury beauty" purchase.

Here are the qualifying items for the initial and second purchase:
https://www.amazon.com/b/ref=as_li_ss_tl?_encoding=UTF8&node=15566835011&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-2&linkCode=sl2&tag=wwwhip2saveco-20&linkId=36e991d17b637c1aa72fcc9a0f8af856

I haven't tested it out yet but they've held promos like this in the past and I've read they work. I'm posting this in the makeup general too since the sale includes some Western makeup brands too.

**I'm not a shill and I don't get anything for sharing this code. I just figured I'd share and help save some seagulls money if I can.

>> No.9247230

For an oil cleanser, can I just use any facial-appropriate oil, like sweet almond or jojoba?

>> No.9247253

>>9243863
what >>9244711 said. Read those. Generally, you start with a BHA if you have oily skin. BHA cleans the gunk out of your pores and prevents build up in them. People with dry skin tend to start with AHA, which helps loosen dead skin cells, "exfoliating" your skin in a gentle manner. You can definitely use both if you feel you need to. I have scarring from cystic acne so I use both.
Main brands for BHA are stridex, paula's choice, and cosrx. I use cosrx because it is the gentler brand. It doesn't use salicylic acid, which is too harsh for my skin, and includes willow bark water, which is very gentle. Read this for more info:
>https://fiftyshadesofsnail.com/2015/06/10/review-cosrx-bha-blackhead-power-liquid/

For a good lotion, I suggest trying First Aid Beauty's Ultra Repair Cream. It's hypoallergenic and helps with things like eczema and sensitive skin. For a cleanser, have you tried Cetaphil's Gentle Skin Cleanser? It's the most gentle skin cleanser I can think of, but like other people said, YMMV

>> No.9247315

>>9246617
Have you tried products with ingredients that fight acne? Lotions with BHAs, face wash with benzoyl peroxide, sulfur, etc? (Don't use all of those together, though. Pick one ingredient you like.)

>> No.9247330
File: 32 KB, 504x548, 10073270.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Anyone ever used an eye cream that made lines and whatnot worse? I've been using pic related for a few months and I swear I have new lines under my eyes and a little more puffiness. I'm getting plenty of sleep and following a decent routine outside of that.

>> No.9247362

Has anyone tried hylamide products yet? I keep seeing them at cvs, but I can't find any reviews about them. I've been thinking of incorporating the boost serum into my routine.

>> No.9247406

Can I prevent new moles from appearing? I don't get a lot of sun exposure but lately they've been popping up like mad. Nothing dangerous, just those tiny ones but they're still annoying. I got one on my pinky finger this morning and I swear it wasn't there yesterday. I really hope I just pricked myself on a needle or something but it looks dark brown...

>> No.9247529

>>9240843
Go to a dermatologyst? I dunno.

>> No.9249734

>>9247529
Then why are you replying?

>> No.9249940

Are there any cheap sunscreens that are light and don't burn my eyes and aren't too greasy? I've thought about mixing sunscreen with a bit of lotion but this reduces the effectiveness. I basically want a sunscreen that I can use on my face that feels like a moisturizer. Does such a thing exist?

>> No.9249954

>>9249940
Look into physical sunscreens instead of chemical sunscreens if eye burning is a problem. I use Bare Republic's facial sunscreen and its fairly light and dries to a powdery finish rather than a heavy sunscreen finish. I'm pale asf tho so I can't comment on whether it leaves a white cast or not.

>> No.9249971

Is it terrible that I never moisturise my forehead? It doesn't look dry, and as I have a fringe I don't like to get my forehead oily (which it tends to) as it gets my hair grosser in the morning.

>> No.9250307

>>9249954
I'm pale as hell too so it wouldn't be a problem anyway! thanks!

>> No.9250949

>tfw only dealing with pih
>eat some soft cookies and milk since who-knows-when
>break out
fucking hell, now I dont know if it was the milk or the cookies that did it

also, how do you gulls deal/prevent hormonal acne without BC?
I get a few pimples under the chin every once in a while
Im thinking of applying BP to the area more often, I rarely get them and my period has been irregular so I dont really know what to do other than deal with it and spot treat, but I'd like to avoid getting them in the first place

>> No.9251038

>>9247230
yep

>> No.9251057

>>9250949
Could've been both, as both too much sugar or dairy give me a cystic pimple a day or two later. It sucks since I love cheese.

My hormonal acne was never that bad, but jogging more frequently with consistency has helped it to be less severe if it shows up.

>> No.9251061

What is a good spf to wear under makeup that won't reflect so much light I look like a corpse in photographs?

>> No.9251065

>>9249971
I'm the same. Any time I do anything more than just wash my forehead it breaks out. If it ain't broke don't fix it, I guess.

>> No.9251267

>>9247330
I started using an eye cream with vitamine E a few days ago, and I've been noticing the same. I wonder what causes it.

>> No.9251320

>>9243821
If I'm pale as fuck can I still use Dr. Jart? I heard that it leans yellow and I can't want to look like I'm trying to Asian-face as a pale white girl.

>>9240860
So, white power before blackhead serum from Cosrx?

>> No.9251384

What's everyone's morning routine?

>> No.9251917

>>9251320

What white power? There is the AHA and the racist essence

Either way, it will be black head then whitehead then racist.

BHA takes care of the pores while AHA takes care of the surface

>> No.9252475

>>9251384
>Cerave Renewing SA cleanser
>Cetaphil (green cap)
>Blue Lizard Sensitive SPF 30
The Blue Lizard is kind of waxy feeling, but it doesn't break me out or give me strange skin irritation. I haven't had much luck trying out other drugstore physical sunscreens, and even some pricier ones, so I gave up and ordered some asian ones to try (which are on the way in the mail).

>> No.9252983

I'd like to hear some thoughts from people with drier skin. It seems like foaming cleansers such as the CeraVe one are always the kind being recommended after oil cleansing. Does that mean non-foaming, less stripping cleansers like the CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser aren't effective at removing oil? I'm currently using that one and I want to introduce an oil cleanser to my routine soon. I like this cleanser because other ones dry me out really bad, especially foaming ones, but I guess the oil would be kind of a protective barrier against that.

>> No.9254001

Any recommendations for a good daily moisturizer for the winter?

I use CeraVe daily moisturizing lotion SPF 30 but I don't think it's strong enough for the incoming dryness of winter. Eastern or Western brands are fine as long as there's some SPF in them.

>> No.9254466

>>9254001
belif moisture bomb or mizon returning starfish cream if you want to feel fancy. you'll have to add another spf on top if you want to be like true aidorus~

>> No.9254495

>>9254466
I've been interested in trying the Belif line and starfish extract sounds very exciting. I'll look to these for my night cream but I'd still like some SPF in my morning moisturizer.

>> No.9255041

>>9252983
It's all YMMV. Some dry skinned people call Hada Labo Foaming Cleanser as a holy grail but personally, all foaming that I've tried were really drying to me

>> No.9255046

>>9252983
Fuck...maybe I should have read your question. Oil cleanser and water based cleansers work the same but not really. Oil cleansers are better at breaking down makeup and sunscreen while a water-based cleanser somewhat cleans up the rest. You shouldn't be looking for something to remove natural facial oil but rather something to normalize it's production You can go ahead and introduce an oil cleanser with your current one and find one that matches. I use a gel cleanser because foaming is too stripping for me.

>> No.9255049

>>9254001
Starfish returning hasn't been in stock for a long time. I really like CosRx Honey Ceramide Full Moisture Moisturizer. Rosette Ceramide Gel makes for a really good sleeping pack too

>> No.9255216

>>9255049
>Starfish returning hasn't been in stock for a long time.
Bummer! Now I see why there's just a few listings on ebay. Speaking of few listings: is TonyMoly's I'm Real Avocado Rich Cream getting discontinued? There's maybe 4 listings on ebay (as opposed to the numerous when I ordered a few months ago) yet I've seen it at my local Ulta with some other Korean skin care products.

I will look into the other two for my PM moisturizer!

>> No.9255323

>>9247330
Can't say anything about the eye cream, but Simple is a major irritant for me. Tried their moisturizer and my skin completely broke out. For 'sensitive skin' indeed!

>> No.9255360

>>9241214
It's the same for me. I have extremely dry but acne-prone skin, and every product of the 50 or so I've tried seemed to make one or both worse. I quit my skincare regimen about six months ago and it cleared up almost immediately. My skin is still fairly dry and I get occasional pimples but it's nowhere near as bad as it used to be. The only thing I do now is use a light exfoliating soap every other day (I get flaky so easily, it's insane), and oil as a makeup remover.

>> No.9255372

>>9241985
I have a beekeeper friend who makes a really simple lip balm out of just beeswax, olive oil, and a little bit of aloe. It's my holy grail lip balm, whereas like the Burt's Bees does nothing for me. You could maybe try checking out farmer's markets in your area or something, see if you can find anything similar? Less ingredients seems to be better with lip balms

>> No.9255781

Please help. 25, moisturizer day and night (usually day routine is witch hazel + red raspberry seed oil or paula's for sunscreen + a moisturizing lotion, current one has collagen but is cheap so dunno; night routine is witch hazel + snail (sometimes) + rice bran or argan oil + same moisturizing lotion or aloe). I'm starting to get smile lines, any product recs to stop this shit?

Also dunno if anyone knows, but my teeth tend to stain quickly, within 4 months of a dental cleaning. What do? The dentist uses metal stuff to scrape discoloring off, can I just do that at home? I did it once and it worked for a bit but the brown came back within 2 months. I'm also nervous of scraping off enamel. It isn't even coloring, I get a brown band around my front two teeth, improper medication as a child... But does anyone know something to prevent tooth staining? I've stopped drinking coffee and only drink two cups of black tea a day, the rest green tea or water.

>> No.9255921

>>9244763
Hello anon !

I received the Hada Labo Gokujyn Hyaluronic Acid Lotion today. The english instruction on the back said to use a pea size of the toner and rub it in your hands to heat it. Is it really supposed to heat ? I've rub it but I just feel like it was all absorbed by my hands so I pat it on my face before it heat... is it okay ?

Thank you !

>> No.9255926

What's your morning routine looks like ?

Should Oil cleanser+Water cleanser is necessary ? Or just doing Water cleanser+toner+moistoi+sunscreen is okay ?

>> No.9256720

>>9255921
No...more like use it to spread easier when you put it in your face.

>>9255926
You don't really need oil cleanser for the morning. The latter is correct

>> No.9257957
File: 17 KB, 220x330, sunscreen-for-brown-skin-blog.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Any advice for discolored skin? Like, darker marks around my mouth/chin that sort of looks like 5 o'clock shadow (shows up really bad in photos). I've been told lemon juice is too harsh on the skin & I've tried water diluted apple cider vinegar but it remains. It's not peach fuzz but I really can't notice it up close; it's like it disappears when I'm actually looking for it.

Pic related is the closest I could find on google to what it looks like. My skin is lighter but it's a similar discoloration.

>> No.9258426

>>9252983

if you're like me and you don't wear makeup the Cerave hydrating cleanser is really good on its own. However I think the oil cleanser for me is too much with the cerave hydrating cleanser and reserve it for when I put makeup on. I also step in the shower and wash off excess oil with just water (I know oil and water don't mix, but it helps to strip the oil a little) and then apply the cerave cleanser afterwards. I haven't had any breakouts with that method. Good luck.

>> No.9258634

>know i'm not supposed to pick at blackheads
>spend 30 minutes last night using a bobby pin to extract them
At least I use a BHA and clay masks regularly so they take less pressure to get out but I know it's not for my skin, they just drive me nuts

>> No.9258660

>>9245032
I personally wouldn't trust salicylic acid in cleanser to do much since you wash it off right away. I'd recommend switching to a good low pH cleanser (you can check with pH strips or just google for lists of good mildly acidic cleansers, I like the CosRX one) without salicylic acid and then following up with the 2% BHA liquid. That way you're letting the cleanser do the cleansing without messing with your skin's natural pH and leaving the exfoliation to the exfoliant. Make sure to remove all excess water from your skin before applying the BHA, too, since a layer of water might prevent it from entering your pores properly.

>>9247253
I LOVE this stuff. I started using it two months ago and have not broken out since. Granted I was never very acne-prone, but still!

>> No.9258693

>>9258634
Thought about adding an AHA?

>> No.9258756

>>9257957
Vitamin C, Niacinamide, and Arbutin are great for hyperpigmentation. AHA can also help as well. Lemon juice is too harsh, and ACV won't get you any serious results.

>> No.9258772

>>9255781
For the wrinkles: Retinol/retinoids, though nasolabial lines are sometimes just a sad consequence of genetics. But in my experience as an old hag, 2% Retinoid every night has reduced their prominence, and halted just about all of my fine lines.

For the teeth: Crest Whitestrips. I get whatever is cheap on Amazon, and use it 1-4x a month. Start slow, and be cautious of the 1 Hour Express ones, and the off-brand kits. They work for some folks, but left my sensitive mouth uncomfortable for days. Also, make sure to brush often, to keep gunk from turning into the hard plaque they scrape off.

>> No.9258946

>>9258693
Yes. Probably going to do it next time I get paid. Not sure which one to pick though, I'm pretty new to this whole advanced skincare thing but I've had my eye on the Paula's Choice one. Any others I should consider? I have no problem buying overseas

>> No.9258957

I feel like I'm doing skincare wrong. I'm a 19 y/o female with very oily skin/hair and mild discoloration from acne and spider veins (but know the spider veins can only be fixed by the laser). And my blackheads are extremely stubborn. My acne was pretty bad before cutting dairy out of my diet.
This is my routine
Morning
>shower every day so i do this all in the shower
>galderma foaming cleanser with exfoliating gloves
>clean and clear blackhead scrub
>10% benzoyl peroxide wash from the dermatologist on a spinning brush thing
>kojic acid soap on the exfoliating gloves over my discoloration (also have some on legs from bug bites)
>if i'm wearing makeup that day (pretty rare now a days), i'll shave my face to remove peach fuzz to make a smoother surface for the makeup
>get out of the shower, tone using some cheap cvs toner
>cosrx blackhead liquid on nose, skin, and any forming pimples
>if i have time i let that sit for 20 minutes and then do a clay mask, either the milky piggy one or the aztec clay one mixed with apple cider vinegar
>once a week i use a sheet mask
>use prescription acne medication as a spot treatment (benzoyl peroxide and clindamycin gel)
>moisturizer using some cheap facial moisturizer
>biore watery essence sunscreen
Night:
>use same foaming cleanser to remove sunscreen
>toner
>prescription acne medication (tretenoin cream)
>moisturize using same moisturizer

>> No.9258980

>>9258957
This is just my unprofessional opinion, but it seems that you are doing a lot of cleansing steps that could dry your skin out. I understand that these are to clear your skin and reduce oil but together with the shaving it sounds potentially irritating to your skin. If you're already on tretenoin maybe you don't need to use so many cleansing products with the dehydrating masks too.

>> No.9258988

>>9258772

Thank you, I purchased a rosehip oil with added vitamin E, it has retinol and other good stuff in it. Yeah, I have really sensitive teeth, not sure if those whitestrips will work. I guess I could brush 3x instead of 2x a day or maybe rinse after drinking black tea. That's the only thing I eat that could be causing it... Thank you.

>> No.9258996

>>9258957
>>galderma foaming cleanser with exfoliating gloves
>>clean and clear blackhead scrub
>>10% benzoyl peroxide wash from the dermatologist on a spinning brush thing
This seems like way overkill, especially if you're also using a chemical exfoliant, a clay mask, and a tretenoin prescription at night. I used to have exfoliating gloves and I would never use them on my face because of how physically abrasive they are.

For starters, I would only use 1 cleanser in the morning and cut out any physical exfoliation like gloves and the scrub, and restrict use of clay masks to 1-2x per week.

>> No.9259202

>>9258996
Do seagulls have any recommendations for an ampoule that's suited for sensitive skin?
I'm allergic to most tree oils out there as well as bee derivatives.

>> No.9259741

Not the typical subject of this thread but still skincare related:
Has anyone here had laser treatments for discoloration or veins? I'm considering it because my dermatologist's office offers it.
Also on the topic of advanced skincare treatments: I got a peel there (sorry can't remember which once but it was for acne) and it was definitely worth the ~$100, peels are great and I recommend looking into them because there are ones for different skin concerns, just make sure you get it at s reputable place

>> No.9259774

>>9240868
I use the "nuance" oil cleanser and I like it a lot. You can get it at target or cvs or most places, really.

>> No.9259780

>>9241985
Burts bees balm is great

>> No.9259787
File: 277 KB, 940x525, 1451735573986.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I've tried out 2 aloe vera gels. One is kinda sticky and the other one is rather fluid. It feels like the fluid one is tighten my skin. Is that good?

>> No.9260029
File: 280 KB, 590x317, 7627c174a34aa1cfaedc777edae2f6aa1378189594_full.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9240860
Anon just wanted to thank you for recommending I ditch the Deep Action Scrub and go with Cerave. My makeup-less face looks 200% better. You are doing the Lord's work.

New routine:

>Cerave Hydrating Cleanser
>Plain witch hazel as toner
>Cerave PM Moisturizer

The one thing I have noticed is a greater instance of blackheads and whiteheads, I'm not sure if that's normal or not. They're not that noticeable right now but I need to be careful because I have OCD tendencies and want to minimize the likelihood I damage my skin by picking at it.

Wat do?

>> No.9260216

>>9258957
The others anons already stated that your overcleansing and irritating your skin, but you also need to prioritize your moisturizer. As an oily skin gal myself, I can not use just any cheap moisturizer or I will be an oil slick. You need something that performs well for oily skin and will cut down on excess oil production. I don't have a current HG or I would recommend one, but there are plenty of reviews by oily skin people that could help you.

>> No.9260318

>>9260029
Start using a BHA

>> No.9260320

Have you guys used Jurlique's skincare products before? I just switched over from Kiehl's, but I don't know if I'm feeling it. Any other recommendations? I don't really have a budget. I just want something that works. Should I wait it out a little longer? I don't think it's even been a week yet. My skin type is dry.

>> No.9261156

I have skinfood rice wash off mask, their new pumpkin sleeping pack and the papa recipe honey mask on the way and the milky piggy carbonated bubble clay mask on my wish list. I have a problem

>> No.9261157

>>9260029
>>9260318

Seconding a BHA, Cosrx is really effective however if you want a western brand there's Paula's Choice or Bravura.

>> No.9261163

>>9258957
Girl you're over cleansing and overexfoliating way too much, also the blackhead scrub is fucking awful and way too much. If your chemically exfoliating you don't need a scrub too, maybe swap out the exfoliating gloves for a konjac sponge.

Get a decent moisturiser for oily skin. Emulsions are also good as they're slightly lighter.

Cut down on the clay masks to once or twice a week.

>> No.9261166

>>9259202
I've heard good things about the skinfood watery berry, it's skin has a decent range too that I find doesn't irritate my skin.

>> No.9261168

>>9259787
If your skin feels tight it's too dry.

>> No.9261599

>>9241539
My hands used to be super dry from working retail and handling cardboard boxes all day. I started using Kiehl's Creme de Corps Whipped Body Butter, specifically the lavender scent, and they're baby soft now. It's a little pricey for hand cream, but I swear by it. Ymmv, though.

>> No.9261608

>>9251384
>Fresh Soy Face Cleanser
>Clinique Moisture Surge Face Spray
>Caudalie Vinoperfect Radiance Serum
>Kiehl's Blue Herbal Spot Treatment
>Kiehl's Rosa Arctica Cream
>Lancome Genifique Yeux

My foundation has SPF 21, so I'm not worried about sunscreen in my skincare. This routine changes once every six months, as I run out of skincare samples and get new ones.

>> No.9261613
File: 1.86 MB, 3264x1836, 20161120_110426.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Recently went on a small shopping spree at Forever 21 and Target. Hoping these masks will help with my dry skin, especially since the milk ones are all in Japanese on the back.

>> No.9261629

My skin is sensitive and bruises for anything, and I have some ugly scars/spots on both my legs because of that.
Could anyone help me out? I need something potent to even out the skin tone.

>> No.9261665

>>9258946
CosRX. I'm starting to feel like a shill but they have some good stuff.

>> No.9261669

>>9261629
If the discolouration is under the skin, like with bruises, topical creams may not be able to fix that. If it's post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation from scarring I'd recommend a strong vitamin C serum. The C20 one has really faded the acne scars on my jawline and I think they now have a stronger 21.5% one too.

>> No.9261969

Tried out a sample of skinfood's egg white pore foam and it's broke me out like crazy.

>> No.9262057

>>9261608
Wow. Name brand whore. Very original. How much dick did you suck for these products?

>> No.9262091

>>9251384
Garnier micellar cleansing water and a store rand sun cream. I save most of my products for an evening.

>> No.9262112

>>9262057
1) they said sample size, wash the sand out.
2) they're my wife. They work for Lancome/Kiehls/YSL/Giorgio Armani.
So fucking chill, you salty, nasty, sour human. Even I have an entire brand name line of skin care. Don't be sour because you can't afford nice skincare.

>> No.9262335

>>9251384

>Cerave hydrating cleanser
>Skinfood peach sake toner
>skinfood peach sake emulsion
>Shiseido bioperformance cream every 2 days or if my skin is still feeling dry

I know the routine is weird because it's all relatively cheap products and then BAM a $100 dollar cream, but I swear by that stuff. It made my wrinkles so much less prominent and does a lot to keep my skin soft and moisturised.

I kind of like the toner and emulsion actually. Both are easy to use and seem pretty easy on my skin. But I found out both contain alcohol so I might switch to another one.

>> No.9262450

>>9261629
If your skin is bruising so easily you likely have an iron deficiency which is common with women for obvious reasons. Are your gums or inside your lips pale? Do you feel thirsty and still feel so after drinking plenty of water? These are common tip of to being iron deficient.

>> No.9262506

>>9262335
How do you find the peach sake toner anon? I've been eyeing it up for months now

>> No.9262562

>>9258946
I prefer AHA creams to serums, my current HG AHA cream is Bravura London's 15% glycolic acid. It can be really drying though if you aren't particularly oily.

>> No.9262743

>>9262506

Gosh, I don't know what to say. I've only been using it a few days so I want to say it's nice. My skin does look clearer as it does take away some of that extra overmoisturised feel that I get from my oil cleanser and even from the cerave cleanser. But I looked at some photos of myself recently and I look haggard af. I wonder if it's due to the dehydrating quality of the alcohol, hence why I want to switch.

>> No.9262747

>>9262743

That being said, I do have to add I'm currently doing night shift which = absolute crap sleep. So I have some confounding factors going on.

>> No.9263271
File: 26 KB, 937x274, IMG_20161122_010606.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Dark circle help? Mine are pretty bad, products or remedies needed! I sleep plenty and drink loads and zero caffeine

>> No.9263423

just posting here to say that la roche posay effaclar duo, and alpha skincare 12%aha cream (and their ph neutral cleanser) are the only real breakthroughs ive had after 8 years of annoying mild acne.

just wanted to post that because back then i wish i had someone recommend these after so many years of ineffective drugstore products

>> No.9263457

How do I get rid of closed comedones?

>> No.9264809

>>9258957
Like other anons said, you're cleansing too much. You're probably drying your skin and making it oilier. I'm pretty oily myself (and have semi-sensitive skin), let me tell you my routine.
>Cetaphil gentle skin cleanser
>Thayer's rose petal toner
>Mizon snail ampoule (think I'm gonna try their hyaluronic acid one next however, second repurchase of this)
>random "Skin Lab" under eye gel from TJ Maxx since my main moisturizer makes my eyes water.
>98% Aloe Vera MOISTURE REAL Soothing gel (also from TJ Maxx, it was $1. very light.)
>Fruit of the Earth aloe vera gel, my main moisturizer.

WHY?
>Cetaphil: doesn't make my skin feel tight, is gentle like it says. I even use it as a second cleanser if I don't feel like using my foam one.
>Thayer's rose toner: the rose one is said to be moisturizing. I have the feeling it's a step that does moisturize a bit more than other toners, but you'd only notice if you took it out your routine.
>Mizon snail ampoule: for more moisturizing and to try and prevent wrinkles. I'm 19 as well but want a head start with prevention.
>Skin lab under eye gel: FOTE aloe vera burns for some reason under my eyes. I can use the thinner one under there however.
>Moisture real soothing gel: bought as another step for moisture, but also can be used without FOTE on top if it's extra hot/humid.
>FOTE aloe vera: gel moisturizers are better for oily skin. Creams can clog us up and be too heavy, especially during summer.

>> No.9264811

>>9264809
Extras:
>rice water bright cleansing oil: removes makeup well, has a scent but doesn't irritate me.
>an aloe vera cleansing foam from the same brand as the moisture real gel (Welcos): the only cleansing foam I've tried that didn't dry me out. Got it at TJ Maxx randomly.
>Boscia tsubaki oil exfoliating powder: I bought this on a whim from, again, TJ Maxx. Used it to get rid of my flaky areas. Use less than you need, first time I overexfoliated a tiny bit.
>Sheet masks ranging from Naisture, Jean Pierre, Welcos and The Creme shop.

I tend to not get acne very much (I had most of mine at a young age) so I'm not much help in that department. But are your blackheads blackheads, or sebaceous filaments? Google each and see. SF's come back, so I just don't worry about mine anymore.
Basically, don't forget that even as oily skinned people, we need to moisturize. I've noticed that when I do my skincare routine and moisturize well, I tend to not be as oily in general. However, my routine isn't perfect. If I sweat, obviously my skin becomes oily because of the layers.
Obviously you don't need to use the exact shit I use, but I put an emphasis on moisturizing because when I was younger I was a fool. I washed my face with bar soap, used alcohol with toner in it, used Stridex, didn't moisturize. I dislike most acne products because they're too drying (or perhaps it's my own bias.) I hope this helps you anon, to at least give you an idea of what you might want to look out for. I'm no expert, I just don't want people to suffer with bad skin if I can give at least a little bit of help.

>> No.9266151
File: 848 KB, 1040x353, Nigga removal cosplay soap.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

so im a light-brown (tan) mostly in face,neck and arms but my skin in legs-belly is white
which Soap is the best to get an uniform look

has /cgl/ make a top 10 soaps?
also any cream like tomako or something? thats not make up (im male)

>> No.9266219

>>9241539
Exfoliate them once in a while, especially before applying cream

>> No.9267419

So, my skin is usually pretty okay, but once I get close to period time, it freaks the fuck out due to hormones. Like, perpetually greasy no matter what I do, prone to clusters of small pimples and one or two of those really large pimples deep under the skin, etc.

I do all the usual precautions: wash pillowcase, don't touch face, drink water, but it gets so bad sometimes. Anyone else have this issue and have any suggestions?

>> No.9267451

>>9267419
I up my veggie intake and cut out junk food/fried food the week before. It doesn't stop all the acne from appearing, but it does have a noticeable difference.

>> No.9267477

>>9267419
Also, take a look at your birth control if your using any. Spirolactone is commonly prescribed for horomonal acne. Its a blood pill that happens to help acne.

>> No.9267566

>>9266151
doesn't that just mean you have a tan? if you want to match, either start applying sunscreen on your tan spots or go out and tan the pale spots. that being said, most everyone is paler on their torso region compared to their limbs.

>> No.9267617

>>9267419
I switch my routine up to include more exfoliating/actives and serums and less thick moisturiser.

>>9263457
Chemical exfoliation. Glycolic acid cream does wonders for mine.

>>9263271
Other things that contribute: rubbing your eyes, iron deficiency, other chronic illness, allergies, genetics, sleeping on your face.
If it's a pigmentation issue, vitamin C and niacinamide can help.
If you have thinner skin there retinol can possibly help a little.

>> No.9267618

I have bad sinus issues and have spent my life blowing my nose. I have tiny red broken blood vessles right around the corners of my nose. Is there anything that can help heal this?

>> No.9267993
File: 282 KB, 1448x1500, 91WeXXiZl6L._SL1500_[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Anyone tried this before?

>> No.9268343

>>9267618
Are those broken blood vessels the source of nose bleeds? I broke some blood vessels in my right nostril from constantly blowing my nose and I would wake up with dried blood in it every morning. I went to a doctor specializing in ears, noses, and throats and he was able to cauterize the vessels shut. It's been a little over a week and the blood has greatly decreased and in turn the amount of mucous (to combat the dryness) has gone down as well.

>> No.9269702

>>9267993
Love it. Been using for a few years. I use this one maybe once every few weeks when my skin really needs it. Otherwise I use queen helene's mint julep mask.

It is very drying so I wouldn't recommend it for someone with very dry skin. And definitely use it at night or on a day you won't be going outside because your face will be quite red afterwards.

>> No.9269718

>>9267993
use it with apple cider vinegar, but also remember that it is clay so if you wash it off it into your sink it will clog your sink.

>> No.9269722

i ran out of a bunch of skincare stuff a while ago and just restocked, and i cant tell if it's actually helping or not but i've only been using it for a few days.

could someone rate/ make some suggestions on this?

>19 y old girl, sometimes acne pops up and i have a problem picking at it but i'm trying to get better
>same thing morning and night
>clinique anti acne cleanser
>exfoliating lotion from same clinique line
>all over treatment from same line
>clinique moisture surge moisturizer
>some sort of spot treatment sometimes idr what its called oops
>use a sheet mask 2-3 times a week

?

>> No.9269725

>>9269718
I just leave the water running as I rinse and it's fine.

>> No.9269809
File: 16 KB, 500x500, 41uVcMlXKLL[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9267617
>Glycolic acid
Thanks. I got the 15% lotion.

>> No.9269887

Is anyone else using Corsx snail 96 mucin? I feel like I'm applying it wrong or using the wrong amount. It takes about two pumps to get enough coverage because of the texture and absorption rate, but that seems to be eating it up fast.

Also
>general complexion has cleared up
>forehead is still disgusting and covered with closed comedones even with periodic AHA application
I just want to have nice skin.

>> No.9269889

>>9269725
How often do you use it? Unless you're running the water for a good five minutes afterwards, it's going to still clog up gradually

>> No.9270095

>>9269887
I always thought that CCs was more of a reaction rather than something to clear up using AHA

>> No.9271035

>>9269887
What else are you using? How often do you use the AHA? Have you tried using it more frequently on your forehead? What about a BHA?

>> No.9271041

>>9242980
You're in the US I assume so shipping might be an issue, but I've used of the Bravura London moisturisers, cheap as chips and worked really well for me.

Btw, I need your help gulls. I've got a Christmas dinner coming up & even though I normally have clear skin I now have three painful swollen spots right above my chin. Is there anything I can do to mitigate them a bit before Thursday? I use the Cosrx natural BHA every evening and I've usually found it really helpful at keeping any acne at bay but I imagine it might've been stress this time.

>> No.9271065

>>9271041
Benzoyl peroxide + hydrocolloid bandaid.
Also, not that anon but I got my last Bravura London order shipped to Australia for something like $10 or $11 so I don't think it'd cost any more to ship to the US. Probably only worth it if you order a few things at once though, I quite like their actives so ordered a few of those.

>> No.9271076

>>9271065
Thanks I haven't heard of that, so do you apply the benzoyl first and then put the plaster over it for awhile? Would the plaster alone help it heal faster?

>> No.9271108

>>9269887
>periodic AHA application
What's the product, and how often are you using it?

Also, what hair products do you use? I know that silicone can lead to pore clogging for me, so I try to avoid conditioners with it, and apply serums only on the bottom half of my hair to ward off the forehead disaster zone.

>> No.9272461

I've been wondering, with the online sites (excluding shipping) how much should I be expecting to spend? NGL, I've been the use bar soap on my face cause it's there kinda person most of my life. I don't break out much but I'd like to start taking better care of my skin and start wearing make up from time to time too.

>> No.9272512

>>9272461
It really depends on what you're interested in getting. Personally, I've never spent more than 50 and if your starting out, I'd recommend decants and samples prior to investing full size products

>> No.9273711

I'm a dark skinned person.
Like around Beyonce's skin tone.

Would OP's routine fit for me?

>> No.9274083

>>9271076
Yes, and yes because it will draw out fluid and stop you picking it

>>9272461
$50 seems about right to start out, but as the other anon said definitely buy samples first to check your skin doesn't react. You shouldn't buy your whole new routine at once either, start with a gentle cleanser and moisturiser and build up from there.

>>9273711
Yes

>> No.9274734

If any seagulls are having issues with breakouts, I've been using this to help with sorting through my products. http://acnemantra.com/comedogenic-ingredients/ If you just copy and paste the ingredients list it helps a ton!

>> No.9275167
File: 36 KB, 975x315, kill me.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Starting to build a better routine, emphasis on STARTING...

Please tell me it'll get here sooner than that?!

>> No.9275860

>>9275167
When did you place the order? Is the seller located overseas? It's typical for all items coming from Japan or Korea to take a couple of weeks to arrive.

>> No.9276041

>>9270095
Hm, I've had CCs on my forehead for a while now (maybe since I was 18, two years now), even with overhauls of my entire skin routine, so I'm not sure what it could be reacting to... I thought AHA was a common way to clear up CCs?

>>9271035
>>9271108
Advanced Clinical AHA, about every 2-4 days, depending on how 'sensitive' my skin appears. I have rosacea and the pustules that come with it doesn't really seem to manifest on my forehead, but I'm still spooked of triggering that, but I'll try to use it a tad more frequently. Is BHA milder but still effective? People seem to say AHA is for current CC/acne treatment, while BHA is for preventative measures.

I checked my shampoos and there's no silicone, so I think that rules them out.

My current routine is made up of:
>Cetaphil gentle cleanser
>Benton Snail Bee High Content Skin/Toner
>Finacea (azelaic acid, 15%)
>Aczone (dapsone gel, 5%)
>AHA
>CosrX 96 Snail Mucin
>Scinic Honey All in One Ampoule
>Cerave PM
>A'pieu Pure Block SPF 45

I switch things around depending on how my skin is feeling, but cleansing, using Finacea, and moisturizing is done daily. I'm planning to start double cleansing, with Cerave's gentle cleanser and the Clean it Zero Purity oil cleanser.

My forehead is just really odd because the rest of my skin is smooth, even my chin now, which had really bad pustules from when I wasn't treating my rosacea. If anyone has any ideas or advice, I'd really appreciate it.

>>9275167
The Korean products I ordered came a week earlier than Amazon anticipated, but your order might be affected by the holiday seasons.

>> No.9276135

>>9275860
>>9276041
The order was placed a few days ago and it's coming from Japan. It makes sense that it will take a while but I was just shocked because I haven't seen such a long estimated date before.

>> No.9276138

>>9276041
I'm not an expert. It is advisable to either wash your hair separately or make sure to tilt your head back in the shower so there is no run-off on the face/forehead. There's not a single hair product out there that isn't pore clogging. Keratin, oils, and weird pH levels are all things our skin hates.

The only other advice I have is be wary of hairsprays and dry shampoos, these can really break out the forehead when applied near the front.

>> No.9276139

Oh, and if you are a no-poo person or shampoo infrequently (as most with good hair do). Do wash your 'scalp', the front of your hair every other day. This will prevent your face from breaking out. Wash the part that tends not to want to stay in a ponytail.

>> No.9276142

>>9276139
wow i dont know why i havent thought of this sooner. my hair is fried from dying it, but my forehead always breaks out from my bangs, i guess i will wash them seperatly from now on

>> No.9276170

>>9241214
We have this post every thread, We get it, it's great for you but realise for most people they need basic to decent care and attention when it comes to skin care. It's not a meme or shill conspiracy, some people are like you where they're luckier or others need to spend some money to keep up with their shit skin.

>> No.9276804

I've suffered with seborrhoeic dermatitis and accompanying acne since I was 17 now. For years I've invested so much in useless products and absurd 10-step routines, and none of them worked, and yet I refused to let go because I kept reassuring myself "well your skin is bad now but what if you stop using them and it gets REALLY bad!".
A few months ago, after reading consistent glowing reviews, I bit the bullet and ordered some non-prescription Retin-A/Tretinoin online, ditched the excessive skincare routine and wow. Just wow. The seborrhoeic dermatitis is just gone, along with the acne. I'm 25 but even so have yet to really develop any wrinkles, and even so my skin is positively glowing and supple, and any acne scars I once had are beginning to fade. GUYS, MY FACE IS AS SOFT AS A BABY'S ARSE. IT'S SO SOFT.

Now my routine consists solely of (after showering), a light covering of sweet almond oil and a heavy SPF moisturiser in the morning, removal using baby wipes and witch hazel as a toner, and every 3-4 days applying some Retin-A overnight.

>> No.9277340

What are some recommendations for a good undereye cream for dark circles? Mine seem to be hereditary but I'd still like to try creams. Right now I'm using Etude House's Moistfull Collagen eyecream, but it doesn't really seem to do much.

>> No.9278159

>>9277340
idk about creams but sweet almond oil applied around the sockets morning and night can lighten them gradually over time.

>> No.9278919

>>9241214
Good for you.
Retinol caused scabs to form on my skin and I'm just fine with my Korean creams

>> No.9278980

>when you're a dude & have flawless skin so you don't need to worry about any of this

topkek nerds

>> No.9279046

Could anyone suggest how to reduce the appearance of the dreaded "number 11" wrinkles? I'm 21, with a combination of dry and oily skin. Unfortunately frown lines are quite prominent throughout my family. I also have extremely sensitive skin, and I'm from the UK.

My current routine is;
>apply mineral oil to a damp face
>remove mineral with a damp washcloth
>apply rose water to tone
>apply a day/night moisturiser

>> No.9279069

>>9278919
How long did you use it for? Did you get past the initial adjustment period?

>> No.9279228

I'll admit that I don't frequent these threads and am an absolute noob when it comes to skincare.. Sadly I've never used any skin products and used to have serious acne which has left me with some nice marks on my face. The few times I've looked into these threads or other sites I've read good things about Paulas Choice but a dermatologist I talked to spoke of Neostrata. Has anyone ever tried that brand for acne scars and anti-aging?

>> No.9279427

>>9279046
Try an AHA spot treatment? You can get a Lactic Acid + HA cocktail in a couple different strengths from The Ordinary for cheaps.

>> No.9280557

>at college i don't wash my sheets as often as i should, every 2-3 weeks
>come home for winter break
>sheets are always changed once a week here, even a detergent free of fragrance and shit is used here because my sister has eczema
>start breaking out everywhere my face touches the pillow
wtf is going on? isn't this supposed to be the opposite way around?
Sleeping on a towel isn't comfortable, should I just bandage my face every night?

>> No.9280590

>>9280557
That's very odd. Instead of bandaging your face, try laying a soft t-shirt on your pillow and switching it out every night.

Is everything washed with that detergent free of dies? How do your clothes and rest of the sheets feel?

>> No.9280921
File: 650 KB, 920x615, fanaloka_1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Some questions hopefully someone can help me with;
>Can I introduce any brand of moisturiser if I don't have access to a "good" brand yet and then swap to the good stuff later?
>What are some good brands and stores within Australia, or should I order online?
>Is skincare mostly to prevent wrinkles? Are there other benefits? I don't really have wrinkles/blemishes
>How long is the space between applications of cleaner/toner/moisturiser?
>Are these applied daily? Before any makeup? What about eye makeup?
Here is a fanaloka in return for any assistance

>> No.9281015

Anons who use Retin-A/Tretinoin, how did you ask for the prescription? I've been wanting to try it for a long time to help with my lines and the occasional cystic acne I get, but I was always too much of a wimp to head to the doctor's and ask directly for the prescription. I want to bite the bullet but my skin is not bad enough to warrant seeing a dermatologist. Is it weird to outright ask your PCP for a skin medication?

>> No.9281087

>>9280921
>Can I introduce any brand of moisturiser if I don't have access to a "good" brand yet and then swap to the good stuff later?
Look at the first few posts, you should be able to find good pure aloe vera gel. Not sure what you mean by the "good stuff"as many people get as much benefit from generic drugstore moisturisers as they do from super expensive ones

>What are some good brands and stores within Australia, or should I order online?
Again see the second post. Pretty sure you can get all of the 'basic skincare products' in Australia.

>Is skincare mostly to prevent wrinkles?
No, skincare is to address any skin issues you might have - dryness, wrinkles, acne, blemishes etc. Some people are genetically blessed with their skin and don't have to do much. Others only need 1-2 products. Still others have incredible improvement with multiple step routines.

>Are there other benefits? I don't really have wrinkles/blemishes
Again, depends what particular skin issues you have. Some routines try to help with prevention of ageing, some target acne, some oily skin, some dry skin etc.

>How long is the space between applications of cleaner/toner/moisturiser?
I generally dry my face after cleaner then apply toner straight after, wait until the toner dries then moisturise.

>Are these applied daily?
Generally yes

>Before any makeup?
Again yes, no point cleaning your face after you have makeup on

>What about eye makeup?
What about it?

>>9281015
Went straight in and asked to try it, it's not weird to ask outright for something like that - only weird if you're asking for drugs of potential abuse by name (e.g. going in and asking for Dilaudid and you've never even taken tylenol regularly before)

>> No.9281200

>>9280590
Yes everything here is washed with it, I'll test the T-shirt thing and see if it works, if it's the detergent, it should still happen, if it doesn't, then i don't fucking know what is going on
Idk if it helps but back at college i use tide pods for the sake of convenience

>> No.9281702

idk if i should ask this question here, but how do i get rid of the darkness on the edges of my lips ?

>> No.9282381

Not quite sure if this is a relevant question, but do you guys have any under eye patches that you like in particular? I have terrible bags under my eyes but I see a lot of mixed reviews on different brands.
Also, has anyone tried IT's bye-bye under eye enough to vouch for it? Or is it a waste?

>> No.9282509

>>9281200
There may be something in the fragrance-free detergent that doesn't agree with your skin as well as Tide Pods do. I wouldn't say it's completely unheard of since some people's skin responds better to generic face wash as opposed to highly regarded face wash with all natural ingredients and whatnot.

Could you get your sheets washed with the Tide Pods while at home? That would rule out if there's any significant difference in the water too (maybe the water at home is harder than the water on campus).

>> No.9282606
File: 596 KB, 990x1000, 1353878586481.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9241214
Holy shit same, I was just thinking: Why do people use this ? A person with good skin shouldn't do this I thought .

>> No.9282699

I bought Dickinson's Witch Hazel to use as a toner... it claims to be for the face but it has alcohol in it. Many people online swear by the stuff but the alcohol concerns me. Is it bad to use, like will it cause any premature aging or is it just because it might be too drying or irritating?

>> No.9282711

>>9282699
If you're concerned about the alcohol or it irritates your skin, there's the Thayer's alcohol-free toners. Some people react badly to it (particularly if they have dry skin), some don't have any problems.

>> No.9282751
File: 2.73 MB, 4128x2322, 1481287283081-763195236.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9282699
Dickinson's has an alcohol free one that I got at the drugstore a few days ago, look for this one, anon. It smells nice too, I was using the generic cvs toner for forever and it smelled so bad

>> No.9282753

>>9282509
Actually the campus water is hard, at home we are on well water. I'm going to try setting aside my sheets and washing them separately with tide pods and see if that works

>> No.9282822

>>9281015
I buy mine on eBay from an Indian seller.
Initially having purchased it I did have the worry that it might end up being some dangerous counterfeit, but it ended up being the real deal.
As it turns out Tretinoin is available via prescription only in a minority of countries. In other countries such as India, Mexico etc., it's available over the counter no questions asked, so you can buy it easily online. The only reason it requires a script in countries like the UK and US is due to the fact it has links to foetal developmental defects, but ofc if you're not pregnant and have done all your research it's not going to be a problem.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/toothdepot/m.html?

>> No.9284050

I noticed Forever 21 is now selling some Korean cosmetics when I was in the checkout line yesterday, including huge bins of sheet masks. (I ended up buying $20 worth of them)
So if you need some inexpensive (some were as low as $1) and fast sheet masks, check your local Forever 21

>> No.9284254

>>9280557
Do you have a family pet? Does it sleep only on your bed and pillows? n=1, but acne was an issue only for me within my family, which I attributed to male puberty. My acne cleared up when I was in college, which I simply attributed to adulthood. However, acne became an issue once again after I moved back to my parents' (new) home while starting my career, which I attributed to stress. My acne cleared up once again some time after the family pet died. Although I was still stressed, the acne was gone. So, I presumed that the cause of my acne was coincidental with the family pet sleeping on my bed and pillows (rip meatball)

>> No.9284278

>>9284254
We have 3 dogs, however we are very strict about not letting them on the beds because they spend a lot of time in the woods (ticks), they rarely are even allowed in the bedrooms. I used to be allergic to dog a long time ago but was cured with allergy shots and occasionally they make me sneeze in the spring with the pollen that sticks to their fur (but it's winter now and everything is dead)

>> No.9284364

>>9284050
yikes I would never get anything beauty from from Forever 21

>> No.9285381

Can anyone recommend something for lightening up/getting rid of my freckles? I've googled around some lightening creams but I don't know the first thing about how to choose a good product.

>> No.9285407

>>9285381
A vitamin c serum and an AHA

>> No.9285684

I used too much BHA on my nose and now it's peeling. What should I do (other than stop using it for now obviously, I mean can I speed up the healing?)

>> No.9285732

Does anyone have any experience using the skincare brand, Sukin?

I'm interested in trying their facial toner mist, and possibly one of their moisturisers. As I can purchase their products locally– I'm not a fan of ordering skincare products online, especially from overseas. Their products are also free of alcohol and parabens. Which is just what I'm looking for. I have very sensitive skin, so I'm always a little nervous to try new products.

>> No.9285737

>>9285684
I liked using a gel or cream with snail (like the Mizon stuff or Cosrx snail essence) after a salicylic acid peel since it immediately soothed any tingling. I think the best you can do is make sure your face stays moisturized and wait for it all to shed off on its own.

>> No.9285753

>>9285684
dat snail serum heals anything

>> No.9285757

I just picked up Pixi Glow Tonic at Target because I heard it was a good toner and now I'm confused... is it supposed to exfoliate or moisturize my skin? The aloe vera is throwing me off

>> No.9285902

Do you gulls have any favorite hand creams? I've been using fold bond intense healing hand cream for a while but my recent bottle of it smells fishy for some reason.

>> No.9286127

>>9285732
I'm guessing you're an Aussie? Priceline has a 3 for 2 sale on right now. Sukin is also vegan and cruelty free if you're into that sort of thing.

My skin is sensitive and combination, but I'm leaning more towards the dry side right now. Here's what I've used from them:

>Hydrating Mist Toner
This is my daily toner and I haven't had any issues with it. It's low fragrance but I wouldn't say it's super hydrating. The Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs & Rosewater is much more effective and really helps with redness and my acne scarring. You can buy it at larger Mecca stores.
If you have oily skin then try the Lush Breath of Fresh Air Toner Water. It has a higher salt content so it's a little more drying.

>Facial Moisturizer
This is my daily moisturiser. It's low odour and doesn't feel sticky or heavy once it's adsorbed.

>Super Greens Nutrient Rich Facial Moisturiser
I haven't used this one in a while but from memory it had a much stronger scent and felt a lot heavier.

>Moisture Restoring Night Cream
This comes in a big tub which I wasn't too fond of for hygiene reasons. It's an alright night cream but I would usually put a few drops of rosehip oil on my face before I applied it.

>Purifying Facial Mask
I've been using this for a few weeks now and I've noticed an improvement in my skin. Other masks make my face feel overly tight or irritated but this doesn't do that. But if your skin is *very* sensitive I would still proceed with caution.

>Super Greens Detoxifying Clay Masque
I felt that this was too drying but I guess it would be good for those with bad breakouts?

>Renewing Body Scrub
I've been using it on my legs and I haven't noticed much improvement.

>Rosehip Oil
Not much to explain here, other than the fact that their 50ml bottles are the best value I've found in stores so far. It lasts forever and I bought my last bottle on sale for a good discount.

>> No.9286151

>>9285381
Try the Holy Snails vitamin C serum.

>> No.9286171

>>9285757
It's an AHA, so exfoliate but it probably has aloe vera in it so it's not as drying

>> No.9286207
File: 509 KB, 1920x1080, 20160708_151213.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9242378
Holy shit I had the exact same issue. I got it after trying MAC eyeshadow.
The doctor first told me it was eczema triggered by allergies. She prescribed me an eye cream with cortazone, and that was a godsend.
"Cortate cream" was the name. Make sure to get o.5%, or else the cortazone will thin eye skin.

>> No.9286246

>>9286127
Thank you for taking the time to reply, anon! I'm from the UK, but all the products you mentioned are readily available in the UK. Your skin type sounds very similar to mine. Therefore your recommendations were really helpful.

I've just placed an order for some Sukin products. I was eyeing up the Mario Badescu spray, but decided to try out the Sukin hydrating mist toner first. I purchased the following products, I can't wait to try them out– thanks again anon!
>Sukin Facial Moisturiser
>Sukin Hydrating Mist Toner
>Sukin Sensitive Calming Night Cream
>Sukin Organic Rose Hip Oil

>> No.9286836

I have super dry skin, and it gets even worse in the winter, so this is what I have been doing lately:

>oil cleanser (jojoba and sweet almond)
>shea moisture's rose oil cleanser (it acts more like a water soluble cleanser, so I've been using it in replacement of my summer face wash)
>rose water
>paula's choice bha
>re:p's 3 in 1 toner, essence, and emulsion
>pore refining serum (I forget the brand but it's cvs's in store brand)
>sheet mask
>sheabynature's rose rehydration moisturizer
>spf 30 sunscreen

I am still searching for an ampoule, ultra-hydrating sleeping pack, and a better serum. Does anyone have any suggestions for these items from cruelty-free brands? Also, does this sound like an okay routine? Thanks, all!

>> No.9286849

>>9286836
I use the scinic honey ampoule, the face shop green tea serum and the laniege water sleeping pack I'm not sure if they're cruelty free though. I found paula's choice bha very drying and switched to cosrx aha and bha on oily days

>> No.9287428
File: 21 KB, 213x314, deep-renewal.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9242186
>medicated Blistex
That one's meh. I've tried many lip balms and honestly pic related is the best I've ever had. Baby smooth lips. The next best is Twist n Pout, whichever one that's lemon flavor (I got it for free a long time ago and forgot what kind it was). Baby Lips Medicated aren't too bad, but I'm not too fond of the scent.

I don't really keep track of how long the effect lasts (I prioritize how it makes my lips feel over how long it works), so maybe my recommendations aren't what you're looking for.

>> No.9287444

>>9249940
>I basically want a sunscreen that I can use on my face that feels like a moisturizer. Does such a thing exist?
Buy or import Asian sunscreens (Japan or Korea). They're not very cheap, but they're affordable and the stuff is like magic. Biore Uv Aqua Rich Smooth Watery Gel seems to be a beginner favorite. Personally, I find it a bit drying on certain days and prefer Biore Kao Aqua Rich Sarasara.

I literally cannot go back to western sunscreens on my face after using these. They sink into your sink really quickly and they're not heavy at all.

>> No.9287461

>>9241228
>>9241362
I've taken medication that caused it and it's not a myth, it can be very real. Even if it was overcast or I only went outside for 30 minutes I could be burning up in the evening during late autumn. Sunblock helps but not completely, glass and sunhats are pretty much useless.

>> No.9287541

Could I use a sheet mask as a sleeping pack? Ran out today and have a Christmas party to go to next week so really don't want to skip a day just in case.

>> No.9287573

Do I use AHA or BHA first?

>> No.9287591

>>9287444
I personally use Beach Bum (it's got a monkey on it and smells like bananas). Its a western sunscreen, nongreasy, nondrying, and sinks in quicker than any other sunscreen i've used (which does not include asian brands mind you).

If you can't spring for the asian one right away, I suggest this one as a western placeholder. If you like the smell of the tonymoly banana products you'll like the smell of this (and even if you don't it fades quick).

I like it because it sinks in quick and doesn't interfere with my foundation like my old sunscreen did.

>>9287541
You could except it's probably going to either fall off in your sleep or dry out within a couple hours. If you have a gel sheet mask that might work better.

That said, skipping one day isn't going to ruin your face and a lot of people don't even use sleeping packs to begin with.
What sleep pack do you normally use? If it's for moisture you might be able to get away with using a thick layer of moisturizer temporarily.

I'd just skip it and be more thorough with the rest of your routine until you can replace it.

>> No.9287599 [DELETED] 

So since weight loss threads aren't allowed here anymore (Been awhile since i've been on this board) and /fit/ is more geared towards 20 somethings who think having a good body is going to get them laid even though they're fedora tipping neckbeards at heart regardless of what they look like....can anyone recommend a kind of meal plan or supplement that helps?

My biggest problem with losing weight is i just don't know what to eat. A lot of "healthy" recipes online are actually loaded with calories and aren't that healthy unless you only plan to eat once that day.

i'm just tired of being fat and this board kinda made me feel even worse about it.

I don't overeat and a medical issue is preventing me from exercising (aside from taking short walks), but my body is clinging to my weight because i'm still not eating quite right even if i'm not eating unhealthy.

what works for you guys?

Mods please let me ask it here, /fit/ is really not a welcoming place for a woman who can't exercise. They take everything as an excuse even though i was told by a doctor to focus on diet and it's hard enough to put yourself out there and admit you need to lose weight without meatheads asking if you even lift.

>> No.9287610

>>9287573
BHA

>> No.9287611 [DELETED] 

>>9287599
This is a skincare thread, dipshit

>> No.9287625 [DELETED] 

>>9287611
No shit, retard, but i can't make a new thread about it. Learn to read, you autistic fuck,.

Skincare, bodycare, it's the same shit at the end of the day and skincare can start with what you put inside your body, so fucking answer the question or stop being a titty sucking little bitch.

>> No.9287651 [DELETED] 

>>9287625
>>9287599

gtfo fatty, this isn't the place to ask

>> No.9287653 [DELETED] 

>>9287651
Suck a dick, cunt, you could've ignored it instead of flooding your precious thread with messages arguing about it you dumb little slut. Why don't you go hop on daddy's dick and see if he'll tell you you're beautiful okay?

>> No.9287677 [DELETED] 

>>9287599
Why not ask in /fa/'s thinspo thread?
>>12040087

>> No.9287680 [DELETED] 

>>9287599
Try the feels thread, anon. These kinds of questions are usually fine there.

>> No.9287684 [DELETED] 

>>9287599
>i just don't know what to eat
It's more about what not to eat, and then basically all you have left is what you should eat. I'd also say losing weight is more about diet than exercise, so that's not really an excuse either.

Cutting out processed sugar, bread (especially white bread), dairy, soda, sugary juice, and red meat for starters. Drinking a ton of water and fibrous vegetables (like broccoli) helps with satiation.

Keeping some kind of daily food diary (there are now apps for this too) also makes you reflect on whether or not you were a fatty fuck that day in your eating, unless your warped perception of what's a normal diet that got you in this situation is too far gone.

I'm suspect that you actually did much research yourself when there are multiple med websites that are at least somewhat reliable (like webmd) that have advice on this topic. If you want a meal plan, that's what consulting a doctor or dietician/nutritionist/whatever is for.

>> No.9287690 [DELETED] 

>>9287653
>>9287625
Jesus, are you so salty because you're fat? this is why no one likes fat people

>> No.9287696 [DELETED] 

>>9287625
>>9287653
Wow, before demanding that seagulls spoonfeed you the answer I can think of something even more dire that you need to lose stat.

Also, saying that you absolutely cannot do any exercise whatsoever is an excuse so stfu with your whining. Even people with medical issues are advised to do light exercise. You say you can only take short walks? Then get to it, it'll do you more good than spending your time on this board being a whiny piece of shit and maybe the fresh air will offer you some clarity of mind and sort out that attitude of yours.

>> No.9287697

>>9287610
What if my aha is a toner and my BHA is something you're supposed to leave on? (Cosrx blackhead power liquid)

>> No.9287703 [DELETED] 

>>9287599
>>9287684

Oh, and diet soda isn't much better than regular soda, just in case you're thinking about getting your sausage fingers all over that. Tea, water, and black coffee should basically be it when it comes to liquids. Drinking calories is a notable part of how people end up overweight.

>> No.9287720 [DELETED] 

>>9287684
I don't eat processed sugar (i use coconut), i don't eat a lot of bread (maybe one sandwich every other day?) except for last week when a friend made me homemade french bread for me), i'm lactose intolerant so i can't eat dairy, i drink a lot of OJ because i get sick easy otherwise, and i need to eat red meat because I have thalassemia (tl;dr my red blood cells are mutated and don't carry iron correctly. I can't donate blood because of it, it's different from anemia) and eating a steak once every couple of weeks keeps me from having fainting spells without having to take iron supplements which are mostly a nasty mystery filler. I try to eat clean.
I drink a lot of water already because I live in a high altitude, and broccoli is my favourite vegetable along with peas.

Not everyone who's fat is eating like trash my friend.

I was wondering if anyone had a food item that was good for jumpstarting metabolism because I think mine is just having trouble after years of abuse before I started eating clean.

>>9287690
No I just am not taking shit from a dumbass who thinks the word "fat" is an insult.

>>9287696
I can walk. My hips are misaligned and so is my spine. My doctor told me walking is all I should do until I get my weight down further. I already walk because I have a doggo, and sometimes i'll run with her until i feel like someone jabbed an icepick into my hip and i need to stop.

>>9287703
I don't drink soda. I drink chai tea sweetened with agave and coconut milk (and for reference: It'd take me four coffee creamers of regular cream to make a tea, only takes me a teaspoon of coconut milk in comparison. also lessens how much sweetener i use).

My allergies also keep me away from a lot of high calorie foods and sweets because almost everything, even things you wouldn't think about, have fucking milk in them for some reason (I tried buying my husband a specific kind of potato chips he wanted recently and THEY had milk in them.

>> No.9287722 [DELETED] 

>>9287703
Keep insulting me baby mmm yeah, that'll make me less fat. Oooh yeah.

Genuinely curious how many of you cunts are butt ugly with how much salt there is on here over a fat chick asking for advice. A post you couldve, as stated before, ignored instead of letting the conversation clutter up your shitty AB thread.

>> No.9287725 [DELETED] 

>>9287722
>>9287720
No one cares if you're fat. People care because you're entitled and rude. They're just using fat as an insult because it clearly bothers you.

>> No.9287729 [DELETED] 

>>9287720
You're making excuses for all the foods that make you fat. Cut the juice, take vitamin C. Cut the steak, take iron supplements. Honestly imo steak isn't that bad (as long as you're avoiding the fats), but OJ is terrible and definitely unnecessary. Cut all the bread. All of it. Cut the foods and cut the shit attitude.

>> No.9287743 [DELETED] 

>>9287722
I don't see anything wrong with being rude to buttblasted anons like you who come in with a huge chip on their shoulder from the get-go on a chinese puppet show imageboard with no discernible reason, and then have the gall to ask for advice on anything.

>> No.9287748 [DELETED] 

>>9287720
Well then I dunno why you're such a fatass, I suppose you're doomed to stay that way.

>> No.9287751 [DELETED] 

>>9287725
This. Maybe people like fat-chan should get hopped up on that body positivity/'health at any size' wave instead. If there's no use changing the body, might as well change the mentality and bury that self loathing under layers of delusion.

>> No.9287762 [DELETED] 

>>9287720
You sound like someone who thinks they "eat healthy" (OJ and bread isn't eating healthy btw) but then eat 50 pounds of "healthy" food every day. Protip: eating 60 servings of broccoli is still 3000 calories and you'll still be a fatty even if you're only eating "healthy foods"

>> No.9287770 [DELETED] 

>>9287762
I eat A salad. I drink 1-2 glasses of juice. and I eat ONE sandwich every other day, if that.
You act like i'm eating fifty sandwiches a day and two gallons of juice in a sitting. Are you fucking retarded?

Eating 50 servings of broccoli is still 3000 calories yes, and eating one slice of bread is 50 (for my brand anyway) which is what I fucking use for my sandwich.

The juice is probably my problem though as i forgot how much sugar can be in OJ so, yeah, I'll probably switch to vitamin C, so thanks skanks. BTW you are all the saltiest cunts in the whole world. Everyone knows chicks into lolita are ugly even if they got hot bodies lmfao. At least I got a cute face and can lose my fat ass if i really need to (Cause yknow i'm not poor and could just get surgery if you really think it matters THAT badly that I be skinny).

Whatever cunts, enjoy your skincare conversation that you allowed to be derailed. Boo hoo, look how angry you got over one little fat-chan (Eh even japan has marshmallow girls what do I care with a cute nickname like fatchan?)
Btw you guys started with the cunty attitude first, not me lmfao. Maybe get the fuck over your ugly ass selves and learn to ignore shit you don't want to see instead of bitching like twatty little babies.

No one cares about you guys lmfao and it's so obvious with how angry you are on this site. No one likes your cosplay, no one thinks you're hot, so you shit on people looking to better themselves because you can't afford the surgery to fix your fucked up faces.

Am I wrong? Prove it you scared little bitches. Post yours and i'll post mine. Prove you guys aren;'t ugly skiny twigs lmfao.

>> No.9287771 [DELETED] 

>>9287762
You sound like someone who ate a raisin and had to throw up because there was too much sugar in it. I hope you go down like a winter girl (Collapsed esophagus)

>> No.9287773 [DELETED] 

>>9287770
I just realized I made the wrong assumption all along about you anon.

You have to be 18 and older to post on 4chan, you know.

>> No.9287777 [DELETED] 

>>9287770
>>9287771
Did your feefees get hurt because people didn't pat your rolls and tell you it's alright? It must hurt to hate yourself so much :^(

>> No.9287780 [DELETED] 

>>9287777
kek quads speak the truth

>> No.9287781 [DELETED] 

>>9287770
Look here folks, we have an internet warrior coming through.

>stooping to name calling and erupting in a volcano of salt because some meanie on the internet called you fat
>not just ignoring those posts like you're telling everyone else to do

>> No.9287784 [DELETED] 

>>9287770
Man, and I thought posts like these on /cgl/ were a dead breed. I can feel my blood pressure rising just from all the salt in this post, I can't help but be impressed.

>> No.9287785 [DELETED] 

>>9287770
new copypasta?

>> No.9287807

I started making the transition to Korean skincare towards the end of summer, introduced one product at a time but I had the realization while looking in the mirror today that my acne is honestly far worse than before. I never had closed comedones. I rarely used to get whiteheads. I never used to get spots on my chin.

Fuck this seagulls, I'm out. Going to go back to drugstore products.

>> No.9287813

>>9287807
By that logic, someone as well condemn everything that CVS happens to stock because one of Neutrogena's products gave them pimples. There's no big or inherent difference between eastern and western stuff besides possibly price point and which fad ingredients companies like to peddle around in their marketing.

>> No.9287847 [DELETED] 

>>9287770
Jesus Christ this is the second angry fatty I've seen this week, first the "enjoy your genetically perfect body" girl and now this, what the hell is going on? What board am I on again?

>> No.9287874

>>9287847
Maybe it's the same troll. Feels like forever since I've seen that level of mad in one post, so I'm doubtful it's genuine

>> No.9287923 [DELETED] 
File: 806 KB, 1080x1920, 7fd3533a-d364-4ef2-b5bf-d4f0cde3d092..png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9287720
OJ doesn't prevent illness, dipshit. That's an old wives tale and you're under placeebo. Vitamin C does nothing for your immune system. Don't take supplements either, those are also a fucking scam unless you seriously are deficient in something (and even then, take prescribed shit because the regulations on over the counter vitamins are ass).

Anyway, you wanna lose weight? Keep track of calories. Eat whatever the fuck you want, but make sure your caloric intake is proper. "Health food" shit is another industry that takes advantage of people like you by throwing shitty buzzwords and misinformation around. It's really a lot more simple than they make it to be. Of course there are proper and healthy meals, but your best starting point for weight loss is calories; dropping everything but veggies and fish means nothing if you eat a whole fucking whale for breakfast.

You can't gain wright if you're not eating too many calories because your body literally doesn't have the excess material to maintain your fat. Eat burgers if you want, whatever, but make sure you balance out the rest of your meals for the day around that calorie beast you threw in. Respect your cravings, but don't overindulge on them.

>> No.9287971

>>9287807
Since you introduced everything one at a time, was there a certain point where you noticed your acne getting worse? Anything you may be using too frequently that could cause irritation like scrubs? Any alcohol in your products?

It's common to have a sort of "purge" period where your skin looks worse due to all the gunk finally surfacing but now that it's been a few months that stage should've ended already.

>> No.9288405

I have fairly bad hyperpigmentation from years of acne and I was curious to see if anyone's using a whitening creme of hydroquinone?

I know some places say it's a little dangerous, but I have awful skin from years of cystic acne, and the only place I don't have scarring is on my eyelids, which are significantly whiter than the rest of my face.

I have much better skin now with minimal breakouts thanks to the ease of not messing with my skin and using Tazorac (which I fucking love, and it's the only thing that saved me from the nightmare of being a freddy kreuger impersonator.)

>> No.9288448

>>9287697
Then you apply your AHA toner, let it sit for about 20 minutes for the pH to settle, then apply your BHA, and let that sit for a while as well. But generally, you buy the BHA and AHA as its own products for full benefits of the products, and then do it in order of pH. Which would then be BHA > AHA

>> No.9288541

>tfw on isotretinoin
What am I in for, lads?

>> No.9288638

>>9286246
That's alright anon. I didn't realize Sukin was available outside of Oz but I hope that what you've bought works well for your skin.

>> No.9288712

Thinking of trying a sleeping pack for the first time, and both Cosrx Ultimate Nourshing Rice Mask and Tonymoly Intense Care Dual Effect sleeping pack are of a similar price point and review average on Amazon, would people suggest one over the other? I have combination skin of dry patches with fun adult acne for reference.

Or is there one of a similar price point people would recommend more? Some peope in this thread mentioned the Cosrx Honey Mask though it has no reviews on Amazon, is it better than the rice one?

>> No.9288739
File: 108 KB, 300x300, Naamloos-1.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'm 21
I have dark underbags, and pretty bad wrinkles under my eyes. My skin is combination skin, with an oily T-zone, though I've noticed that it's dryer in the winter. I have break-outs all the time! I did just change my foundation brand to one that supposedly helps skin, because my older one made me break out super bad. But even if I don't wear make-up for a few days, I break out! I get little to big whiteheads. I have discoloring in my face, and quite a bit of red. I also have bad blackheads on my T-zone.

I can post a picture too if that helps anyone. I would like something to help with blackheads, toning, acne, and my moisturizer has to have a SPF to it.

>morning
Yes to Carrots cleanser
Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer with Broad Spectrum SPF 15

Night:
Offbrand meijer towlettes to remove make-up

If I wore make-up, I use
Aveeno Positively Radiant Skin Brightening Daily Scrub

If I didn't wear make-up, I use
Cetaphil gentle cleanser

Then I use the same moisturizer I used in the morning

Cetaphil moisturizers feel super heavy on my skin, and Yes to Pomergranite didn't work either. Help me, gulls. I also consume a lot of dairy.

I scrolled through and so far I am considering mizon's snail bb cream, cosrx, and products from Paula's choice?

>> No.9288747

>>9288739
>But even if I don't wear make-up for a few days, I break out!

what kind of routine were you adhering to when not putting on make-up? were you still washing your face every morning or using serum? You might be allergic to some kind of common component used as a common base in most cosmetics. It would definitely take longer than a few days for your skin to calm down and find equilibrium. I'd try going product-free for like 30 days, including cleansing routines, sunscreens, and soaps. Try to not get soap run-off from your hair onto your face when you shower. On top of that, you may want to try literal baby shampoo for your scalp and maybe to gently wash your face when it gets too much to bear.

I used to have extreme dandruff and nothing helped, until I started using baby shampoo. I think I'm allergic to the base soap used by all gel based soaps.

You should also strongly consider going to your doctor and asking to be referred to a dermatologist. For specialists like that sometimes you need to make appointments months beforehand, so might as well ask for that appointment now.

>> No.9288748

>>9288747
for clarity: I mean don't use soaps sunscreens or cleansing products on your face (and swap your pillow cover every 3 days). Of course the rest of the body should still be ok to wash (duh).

>> No.9288760

>>9288739
Don't use the scrub for makeup, use an oil cleanser.
I hate cetaphil moisturiser; makes me break out like anything. I don't know why you are using an SPF moisturiser at night or why you specifically need SPF moisturiser (you can use sunscreen separately) maybe try just plain aloe vera gel at night.
You could consider trying retinol/retinoids as they can help you with acne and wrinkles. I definitely think you need some actives in your routine and also consider the Aveeno moisturiser might be breaking you out.

My current routine - skin is combo with oily forehead and chin, hormonal whiteheads on forehead/chin, eye/forehead wrinkles, prone to blocked comedones that come up as little lumps but aren't inflamed.

Morning:
Wipe face with cotton pad soaked in Cosrx skin returning a-sol
Cosrx BHA power liquid
Benton snail bee steam cream
Biore Aqua Rich Watery Essence Sunscreen

I use Maybelline Dream Pure BB cream or Canmake Perfect Serum BB cream 1-2 x per week, they don't break me out

Evening:
If I wore makeup - Face Shop Rice Water Cleansing Oil
Toosoowong Milk Oil cleanser
1-2 x a week Tonymoly green appletox mask
Cosrx AHA 7 Whitehead Power liquid
Bravura London hyaluronic acid serum to dry areas
Bravura London Pore Perfection gel to oily areas

If dry:
+/-Tonymoly red appletox honey cream

If oily/acne:
Bravura London 15% glycolic acid night cream

What I have tried:
- Nothing but water
- Acne-targeted cleansers - neutrogena grapefruit, neutrogena scrub
- tea tree oil spot treatment
- benzoyl peroxide spot treatment
[forehead like pizza, 1-2 deep cysts at any one time]
- cleanser-BHA/AHA-gentle moisturiser [slightly better, less frequent cysts]
- retin-A cream alone, adapalene gel alone [flaky, oily, breaking out all at once]
- OCM [worst skin of my life]
- Doxycycline [no improvement,thrush]
- Combined pill [sort of helped but now I have migraines so can't have it]

>> No.9288763

>>9288739
My acne has been bad since I was 12 and I'm 23 now. Finally got on some doxycycline and jesus the difference is like night and day. I didn't see a dermatologist, though, because that would have been a giant pain in the ass and I'd have had to wait forever. I just went to the walk in clinic at CVS and told the ARNP I wanted doxy for my acne and she gave it to me.

Aveeno always made me break out. I use Cerave AM sunscreen (~$14) and it works well. It's SPF 30 and also broad spectrum. Cerave moisturizing lotion (~$14) is also pretty great for when you don't need sunscreen (it's also much lighter than cetaphil moisturizers). I had nothing but issues with cetaphil lotions and was never a huge fan of their cleanser. I also don't really like cerave's cleansers, though.

As for cleansers, I'd say try Garnier Micellar water ($7) along with something gentle like baby soap, purpose, or a just bar of neutrogena cleanser ($2).

You also may want to grab some acne meds, especially if getting on doxy isn't an option (though topical creams + doxy does an even better job). Neutrogena on-the-spot benzoyl peroxide cream is pretty inexpensive and lasts a while if you don't use too much. It's meant for spot treatments but I use it all over my face at night, just a thin layer.

Experimenting with different stuff is the key to controlling acne because we're all different. As for undereye wrinkles, I recommend investing in a good eye cream. If you're really worried about them, you can venture into luxury brands like La Mer or La Prairie - they make miraculous eye creams but they will send you to the poorhouse.

>> No.9288770

A bit off topic but sort of skincare related still?... does anyone have advice for dark knees and armpits? I'm pale but those areas are so annoying. My knees used to be the same shade as the rest of me but recently they've gotten darker. Aside from the typical natural treatment advice and stuff like "change your deodorant", do you have any recommended products that help with discoloration?

>> No.9288775

BF bought me the face shop mango seed lotion off my wishlish but my dumb ass didn't realize it was a facial lotion. Now I'm hesitant to use it over how fragranced it is

>> No.9288779

>>9288770
Have you tried just heavily moisturizing them? Gold Bong ultimate healing cream is pretty cheap if you think dryness could be a factor.

Also, this might sound weird, but maybe get a salycylic acid scrub and/or some salycylic acid gel? Salycylic acid whitens/brightens skin without being harmful like other skin lighteners.

>> No.9288780

>>9288779
Gold Bond. not Gold bong. heh

>> No.9288891

>>9287807
The reason why you introduce one product at a time is to see if your new product is reacting with your routine. If you're getting the reactions that you are, there is something that you're putting on your face that it doesn't like.

>>9288712
I don't really rely on amazon for reviews and tend to google for reviews since they can get more in-depth. The honey is better suited for oily skin whereas the rice is better for dry skin

>> No.9288920

Which sunscree is suitable for dry and (very) sensitive skin? Would Biore be a good choice, and if so which one?

I've tried both regular (body) and facial drugstore sunscreens, and I've had a terrible reaction to them all– burning, eyes watering, etc. I recently tried a kids facial sunscreen, and it's brought my face out in milia and terrible dry patches. I thought kids products would be more gentle on my skin, but no such luck.

>> No.9289334

>>9288920
My mom is really sensitive to stuff and the only thing that doen't break her face out is Coppertone for babies

That stuff does make me break out, though. I can only use CeraVe sunscreens. Their waterproof one is great but not if you're putting makeup over it. The CeraVe AM sunscreen is fantastic, not waterproof, and great for using under makeup.

>> No.9289402

>>9288920
Is it the chemical sunscreens you're reacting to? Some people can only tolerate physical sunscreens (ones with only zinc oxide/titanium dioxide).

>> No.9289511

wow thank you for the three awesome responses! I have so much to look into and try! Thank you!!

>>9288747
I wash my face every morning, and every night. I only alternate between the three, and usually only use a "gentle" cleanser in the morning. That could be true, I could see if there's a common ingredient between the three, and try to find another product that doesn't contain the ingredient?
I honestly don't think I can go product free, because I am really pale, and I'm outside walking around for a good several hours every day. I get sun burnt in the winter if I don't use a sunscreen. But I will look into specific ingredients and make an appointment with a derma. Thank you!!!

>>9288760
For me it's only out of convenience that there's a two in one moisturizer and sunscreen combo. I.... It went over my head that I can use a different moisturizer at night. Thank you, I'll look into that.

It could be breaking me out. Do you recommend any sunscreens? Thank you a lot for your list and your advice!

>>9288763
Thank you! I'll look into those products, especially those eye cream products!

>> No.9289574

>>9289511
Biore Aqua Rich Watery Essence and Biore UV Perfect Milk (blue bottle) are 2 I can definitely recommend, in my opinion they are great summer sunscreens but can be a little drying in the winter.
Simple Kind To Skin Protecting Moisture Cream was okay in the winter but broke me out in summer.
I also tried Neutrogena Sensitive Skin sunscreen - it was okay, but I disliked the texture and their Dry Touch sunscreen for oily skin ironically broke me out badly.

>>9288920
Biore tends to target people with oily skin (I mean one of their iconic products is pore strips...) so I would say no. Have you looked at the sunscreen ingredients to try and figure out the ones you might be reacting to?

>>9288775
If I break out from face lotions I just use them as body lotion. No harm done right?

>> No.9289776

Idk if I should ask here or not, but Google has been pretty useless and my FB hasn't been too helpful.

Basically I went to a wax place and my skin really reacted (never had that happen before). I've dealt with the rash it caused, but now my skin is covered in white heads where the rash was.

I used E45 to calm the rash, so I don't think it's that. I've tried to continue my normal routine but that's not helped at all. Presumably because they're to deal with my very dry and sensitive skin type?

What can I do to deal with it? Are there any products that help?

>> No.9290086

>>9289776
What is your normal routine? What other things do you react to?

>> No.9290127

I don't currently wash my face at all (no real acne problems, blessed with naturally alright skin). I'm looking to start a simple skincare routine just so my skin looks smoother/fresher. I know you're not supposed to add multiple products at a time. What order should I start using my products in? I have cleanser, toner, and moisturizer.
Also I've seen mixed things about when to clean your face. Should I start just doing these steps before bed, and add morning steps as needed if my skin isn't looking any different with just the night stuff?

>> No.9290144

>>9288760
That is way too much product. Your skin must be awful without you even realising.

>> No.9290200

>>9290086
Normal morning routine is a shower, cleaner, toner, moisturiser and eye balm. Evening is the same except without the shower (I wash my face with a washcloth) and I use a lip oil instead of an eye balm.

As said, they're all for dry skin. The lip oil is specifically designed to deal with fact my lips split in cold, harsh winds (it doesn't get used in summer)

I'm outright allergic to lavender, but also react to products containing rose oil, mint and rosemary if applied on my face. Also heavily perfumed products in generally usually cause a reaction.

When I called the wax place, they said they think it was the lotion as the receptionist reacted to it too. However, they couldn't tell me what was actually in it, just that it was an "Australian tea tree oil product"

>> No.9290626

>>9290144
"Hurr durr my knowledge of skincare only extends to the ol' gel+toner+moisturizer so I will be rude to people who knows more than the sad little bits I get from commercials"

>> No.9290630

>>9290144
It works for me so I'm not going to change it without good reason. Skincare is such a YMMV thing that I'm not sure why you have such an issue with me using multiple products. As you can see, I've tried with less products before and I had less than stellar results; others can just wash with water, use retinol and moisturise and swear by it.
I've been struggling with these same issues since I was 18 (so nearly 10 years) and I tried going back to less products/no products early this year thinking that I'd surely outgrown some of this... with results as noted below. My only current issues are the wrinkles and the hormonal acne; I can't take the combined pill, and I don't get cysts on my current routine, so that's about as much as I can ask for.
However, if you think there are ways to improve I'd be open to suggestions. I know I use a gazillion different Cosrx products right now, this is actually in an effort to use them up before I switch to a single toner as they don't do any more or less for my skin than other pH adjusting toners.

>>9290200
I'm guessing the whiteheads are related to irritation following the rash, since my experience is related more to having oily skin and acne I am better versed in products for that. My thought would be maybe patch testing an AHA serum like glycolic or lactic acid to see if it helps, but proceed with caution given your multiple skin sensitivities.

>> No.9293605
File: 302 KB, 675x900, 27b74aa68cbddf2543d1393804849dbd.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Am I supposed to wash my face before I go to bed and apply aloe vera to it? I'm not using any makeup, just moisturizer