[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 16 KB, 480x327, cantcomputer.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9311048 No.9311048[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

Goodbye, old feels thread. >>9306056

How is the cgl life making you feel, gulls? Share your stories.

>> No.9311072

>>9311048
>in my 20s so surrounded by peers who "love to travel" because it "opens your mind"
>I enjoy travel, but I enjoy lots of things I can do in my own country just as much so at my income level it's lolita or travel, not both
>even if I cut down my lolita spending I can't travel spontaneously because I have to think about where I would store my wardrobe while away (can't leave it with family), or if it would be possible to take it with me
>back in university I passed up two opportunities to study abroad that I know the old me would have leapt at, partly because of the hassle/expense of moving my wardrobe around
>not ruling out living abroad in the future but it'd have to be somewhere safe that I could afford a decent-sized apartment and still make savings
>co-workers and friends think I'm materialistic, even though I don't collect anything but lolita and other than this hobby I'm practically a minimalist
>know that if I sold off my lolita wardrobe I'd have very few possessions, several thousand in the bank, and the freedom to go anywhere but I'd honestly rather just keep buying dresses

I know rationally that someone of my income has to make careful choices about their spending and future, and I should just do what I enjoy without worrying what other people think, but I'm sick of people acting sanctimonious because they have different life priorities.

>> No.9311080
File: 65 KB, 480x420, fat-cat-meme-3938-4152-hd-wallpapers.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>down to a 27inch waist
>not a huge decrease but still feels good to be down! another half inch or so and i'll be happy.
>but my eating habits are fucekd to hell and back and i keep bingeing at night and starving myself during the day so lets see how long i can keep this up

>> No.9311081

>>9311072
Do what you love anon. It's your money, don't feel pressured to be some normie that likes to pretend traveling makes them some worldly person.

I also had coworkers that thought I was materialistic because I liked fashion and dresses. They spent their money on going to the bar and their accident children. We all have our vices.

>> No.9311112

>>9311072
I know this exact feel, anon. All my non-lolita friends, as well as the coworkers my age/without kids, are all about travel and *experiences* which mostly translates to ski vacations, holidays in warmer climates and attending music festivals. I'm more of a homebody and like to collect dresses and books. People tell me I'm too materialistic and need to open my mind instead. I've travelled to other ends of the world several times and enjoyed it but I have no intention of making it a regular thing, and for some reason I'm supposed to feel ashamed of that. Like if you don't hit up Nepal every few years you'll lose your zen or something. And if I have no interest in getting beer splashed on me at festivals for bands I don't even like I don't understand culture. It's not like I'm one of those people who's never left their hometown, but that hardly matters because if you're not living your life exactly like they want to live theirs, you're doing it wrong. You're always doing it wrong in someone's eyes.

>> No.9311114

>>9311080
Good job getting your waist down to 27 inches! That's my dream size. Mine is currently 35 inches.

Unsurprisingly, I'm eating as I type this. I should stop.

>> No.9311138

Might move to Colorado next year, fuckin' excited to get out of shitty Florida; but the only con is high living cost and the conventions there seem like utter shit, like way shittier than Florida's cons. It's surprising since Colorado seems so hip you would think the cons are good. I really love cosplaying and going to cons, but living in Colorado may limit me to going to one con a year out of state. Why Colorado, why do you have to have shitty cons? Plus I really don't know how to pack and carry huge props through airports, I could imagine the baggage fees are outrageous.

>> No.9311176

>>9311080
FYI-this is bulmeia. you should get that checked out, because it can get out of control very quickly.

tips:
>stop starving yourself NOW. you're launching your body into a binge/purge cycle where your brain is starving yourself and your body is forcing you to over eat the second it gets a chance
>buy a lot of healthy snack food and keep it on you
>set a timer and eat every 3 hours at the MOST (I aim for 2.5 just in case)
>watch as the binge/purge needs fade

trust me, get this in check now. you don't want to be 5-10 years in wondering how it's even possible to eat like a normal human again

>> No.9311182
File: 56 KB, 640x1018, IMG_1412.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Every time I feel depressed or lonely I tend to impulse-buy a lot of crap.
>feeling pathetic because my life is a shithole right now
>pic related's looking pretty good
Someone take my card away from me

>> No.9311183

>buying too many things online
>only have $1500 in savings
>every time i get a package in the mail bf opens it and throws my items across the room
>excitement of getting packages is now replaced with anxiety and fear
>hates lolita, calls me and everyone in my comm freaks.
>moved away from my family to the other side of the country to be with him. So i guess im stuck now. :/

>> No.9311187

>>9311182
Cute, but worth $68 cute.

>> No.9311188

>>9311112
I never know how to counter it without going full edgy-chan "memories don't matter because you forget most of them anyway", since around the time my peers started doing this I had two relatives suffering from dementia. It really drove home how physical objects can be triggers for memories and happiness but even the strongest of memories can easily be forgotten with nothing to remind you of them. Plus, I feel like I'm only going to have the freedom to enjoy lolita without too many barriers for about ten years, so if I want to travel I can do it when I have to give up most of the frills.

I like to travel to visit museums and historic sites when I can afford it (like once every five years) but apparently going to tourist traps (or wanting to live abroad for 1-5 years for work) doesn't give you the ~real experience of a country~ that taking drugs on a beach with strangers does. I know it's fun for other people, but I'm not a very social person and trying to cram a lot of activities into a few days or meeting a ton of new people is not fun for me.

>> No.9311189

>>9311183
Anon, please try to get out, this sounds scary. How long is left on your lease? What are your options for moving out? Will your family take you back?

>> No.9311192

>>9311183
get a new apartment if you can and get out. even if you are spending too much he sounds like an abusive fuck that you need to get the hell away from. chances are there's something in that town to make it worth while; else move home.

>>9311182
don't spend $68 on novelty jewelry. you'll wear it twice a year and regret it. if you feel the need for dinosaur earrings pick them up on aliexpress, but if you have shopping addiction do your best to not buy them at all

>> No.9311199

>>9311183
That sounds like a hard place to live. Try to get out and to somewhere safe with friends or family maybe. Your safety and happiness is more important.

>> No.9311209

>>9311112
>you're always doing it wrong in someone's eyes
I feel this so much. I actually have almost the opposite problem in that I love traveling but am a HUGE homebody in my hometown and everyone gives me shit about it. all I spend my money on is travel, clothing and comics and everyone's constantly telling me I should go out more! make some friends! when frankly I'd rather just fly out to see my old friends and chill with them for a few days.

(on top of that, I'm always told that I don't travel properly because I'd rather sit at my friends house or a swanky hotel or a random coffee shop and read for a few days than ~see the world~ like bitch this is the world I want to see leave me alone)

the fact is you will never spend enough money on the right things to make other people happy. just do you.

>> No.9311216
File: 261 KB, 634x1008, 1468567520252.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9311048
>give myself a cute manicure
>ruin it a day later while crafting

>> No.9311222

>>9311189
I'm not in a lease with him. we live with his parents and i'm not sure if my mom has any room for me back where they are because they moved when I left home. We live in a big city so rents hugely expensive and he refuses to move anywhere else. We also have to move out of his parents house soon because they are haveing a baby, and kicking us out. Right now were only playing $600 for our tiny room, thats about what a room goes for here so they aren't giving us a wonderful deal. His parent also wont really be able to adore the costs of living because his mom refuses to get a job. The place were looking at is about $1220.
We both work for minimum wage and hes going to school. Im also under pressure to go back to school because one of my deceased relatives left me money for school I can only use before I turn 25. I also suffer with heavy learning disabilities so I never finished with high school. Im going to have to try to finish high school via adult school or GED. But im not looking forward to it.

>> No.9311235
File: 1.93 MB, 245x140, tumblr_ogsnp0RC2V1qb64kco7_r1_250.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9311187
>>9311192
I know but why is it so hard

>> No.9311250

>>9311176
Oh yeah, I know :( I'm already in the beyond fucked up stage so right now I'm just glad that I have kept my binges to within my daily calorie limit at least. I really need to get back on the healthy snack train and recalibrate my eating schedule. Unfortunately I can never get healthy habits to stick.

>> No.9311259

>>9311250
okay, yeah you need to stop calorie counting and you know it. even if you can't get healthy habits to stick, you need to try. really, please try. you can't get anywhere near better if you just keep doing the same old.

>> No.9311262

>>9311222
Jesus, if your relationship is that bad absolutely do not move in with him or make big financial commitments with him.

>> No.9311270

This is gonna sound really obnoxious, but I've been wondering if I was bipolar for a while. I dismissed it because I was diagnosed with borderline when I was 18 and the two are similar enough that it sort of voided the idea of me bipolar? Well, the reason I thought I was bipolar was because in addition to my crippling depression, I would go through phases where I take on a whole bunch of tasks, become a lot more extroverted, and change a lot of my personality. I dismissed it as being a "manic" episode after starting to talk to a therapist, but I just got out of a very depressive funk at the end of the semester and I feel like I can describe what I'm going through as a "manic" episode.

Right now typing this, I have been up for 27 hours with minimal aid from caffeine (I've had about 2 cups whereas when I'm depressed I need much more to get me through the day before I'm fatigued), doing 5 different tasks at once. I'm working on my cosplay, which is good but I'm making a lot of careless mistakes because I'm rushing, making me redo them over and over (I'm painting a pattern on a pair of pants that's taking me twice the time because I didn't think to look at a reference because "I know what they look like!"), I decided that I should write a lengthy fanfiction for the first time in 10 years because "I'm such a good writer, I should have been an English major," I've made about 5 really shitty memes in Photoshop that are based off of inside jokes I've made up with myself, on top of working a 6 hour shift at my job, and this is just today! This has been going on since a little before Christmas, I've been getting minimal sleep and just doing EVERYTHING at once. I mentioned it to my therapist, in a way. I told her I was having problems sleeping, and she told me to limit distractions and drink tea.

I'm really hoping I'm just overreacting. Any bipolar anons out there that can reassure me that I'm just an obnoxious insomniac?

>> No.9311274

>trying on cosplay
>sneeze with arms in the air when pulling over my head
>not only do I rip my sewing [because I suck at sewing], but I also threw my back
>No SacAnime anymore this week

>> No.9311279
File: 76 KB, 600x674, trashwaifu.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>cute girl at the con starts flirting with me
>she only speaks Russian

>> No.9311282

>>9311270
I don't know much about bipolar but a lot of these mental illnesses are codominant and having a diagnosis of one thing absolutely does not mean you don't have another.

I only know about autism-related conditions really, but if I remember correctly people with autism also have an increased chance of having a diagnosis of anxiety, depression, OCD and ADHD. Are bipolar and BPD similar? With my personal experience, I was diagnosed with generalised anxiety for three years before a psychiatrist realised my symptoms were because of undiagnosed aspergers, and I have two acquaintances with bipolar and depression/anxiety/insomnia.

>> No.9311290

>>9311279
You going to give her a green card, or nah?

>> No.9311312

>>9311274
Damn, Anon, start doing stretches in the morning or something.

>> No.9311313
File: 120 KB, 1920x1080, nonsense.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>mom always wanted a daughter
>guilted me about it growing up
>mfw she doesn't like me cross-playing

>> No.9311316
File: 50 KB, 354x282, 2f059cd1-aa4f-45b6-a174-e04aa2ff8c5a..png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I notice a lot of people in these threads above 24 emphasize their age at some point. Is quarter life crisis a thing?

>> No.9311320
File: 955 KB, 300x162, cry.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9311316
>quarter life crisis
M-maybe...

>> No.9311325
File: 43 KB, 500x347, callthecops.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9311316
Cosplay and (especially) lolita are thought of as young-people hobbies, so sometimes gulls get self-conscious.

You can cosplay when you're a little older though. You can become one of those cool 30-and-ups who help run the con!

>> No.9311326

>>9311316
yes, my therapist talks about it all the time. Young adults doubting their life's decisions and worrying that they're too old for things.

>> No.9311333

>>9311312
I think it had to do with the angle I was at when putting on the blouse. Then I hunched when I sneezed. Ugh... Just sucks. -_- Going to try to take a super hot bath, maybe go to the gym and hang out in the sauna, and then stretch after. Or before. I dont know.Reverse that whole thing.

>> No.9311338

>>9311326
How do I fix it?? I'm so fucked up, man.

My therapist killed himself last year, so he's of no help.

>> No.9311340
File: 88 KB, 310x464, kill myself.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I need to get this off my chest; After getting to know his best friend, I feel like I made a mistake by dating the guy I'm in a relationship with.

>> No.9311341

>>9311326
On the flipside to this, there's also the feeling that
>I've already gone through this much of my life and still feel like a kid
>I still don't have my life together
>I'm this old and haven't experienced X yet (usually relationship related because fulfilling relationships are actually hard to meet in hookup culture)

>> No.9311342
File: 49 KB, 500x325, 11d758a5-daac-403b-80d2-c1121f910d3a..jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9311340
After getting to know my ex boyfriend's best friend, I began realizing they were really closet gay for one another. Guess why we broke up.
>lol let's play strip smash brothers, bro!
>lol let's go in the hot tub naked like we're in a Japanese onsen, bro!
>lol not a flashlight, I'm just happy to see you bro ;)))
>bro this is weird but I trust you more than anyone, am I freaking out do you you feel a lump on my balls???

>> No.9311345

>>9311340
How long have you been dating? You can always break up....Even if you don't get to be with his friend if you are having serious feelings for someone else it's probably not a good sign about your relationship.

>> No.9311346
File: 93 KB, 500x224, noo why.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>comm recently doing a lot more group purges
>pretty understandable since the comm had 500+ members and less than a fifth were active
>try to be more engaged in comm activities
>all meet ups are to bars, expensive tea parties, or are on days i'm busy
>tfw stressed broke college student
>last meetup i was even able to attend was in october
i want to get off mr bones wild ride

>> No.9311350

>>9311345
Not too long yet things took off rather quickly and part of me feels I'm in too deep.

>> No.9311351

>>9311313
She wanted a girl, not a sissy boy.

>> No.9311355

>>9311346
Our comm is literally the opposite.
Too many meets at shitty cafes and free museums/sightseeing places.

I don't mind them, but I'd just like a nice meal every now and again where everyone can look their best instead of every meet being a 'casual meet'.

>> No.9311366

>>9311338
>My therapist killed himself last year
Fuck anon.

>>9311342
sounds like a great plot for a manga

>> No.9311378

>>9311338
I'm shit at explaining myself, but I was able to get over mine by realizing that age isn't everything. I reflected on my regrets, analyzed my decisions and realized that I did what was necessary to get myself on the right track, even if I screwed myself over in some departments. Life is what you make of it, even if there's people half your age who are twice as successful as you are, I went at my own pace and have paced out the next few months of my life to make everything manageable and to make sure I don't slip into old habits.

There's no quick fix to this sort of thing, and what works for one person won't work for another. I'm pretty laid back and have a "we'll cross that bridge when we get to it" mentality, which really helped deal with some of the anxiety. So instead of "why don't I have a house, a well-paying job, a husband and a family", it's "what's the first step I need to take?" and then doing and only focusing on that instead of getting caught up in everything else.

>> No.9311395

>had to move cities for college
>no cons or friends who are into anime/cosplay in new city
>see friends doing things together and going to cons together back at home
>haven't cosplayed in months
>end up spending most friday nights and weekends staying at home watching anime and eating junk food alone
I just want to go home ;_;

>> No.9311424

>>9311222
Guy here. I know this is not the advice you want to hear but GTFO. You cannot support yourself like that making any future investments will fuck you both to shit with debt 0/10 meme

>> No.9311428
File: 51 KB, 450x675, leaving.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9311183
pic related
Are you happy with him overall? If so, then you need to talk to him. If not, save up and move back to your hometown. There is absolutely nothing stopping you

>> No.9311448

>>9311428
>unironically quoting john green

>> No.9311610

>>9311355
My comm tried to do a fancy meet at a beautiful historic restaurant that's one of the best reviewed places in the city and no one showed up since it was $50 flat instead of our usual free/cheap places. Maybe something like that happened in your comm in the past. It was so awkward only having a few actual lolitas and then random old people not wearing lolita

>> No.9311611
File: 459 KB, 600x700, bonnbarf.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Quitting my job on Tuesday, and have nothing new lined up.

How do I get lolita now??

>> No.9311614

>>9311611
Sell your organs

>> No.9311620

>>9311250
You might find snacking throughout the day on a set (healthy!) calorie limit better then consuming everything at night. Like, try grazing and see if it works for you to prevent those nighttime binges.

>> No.9311621

>>9311259
Calorie counting is perfectly okay and central to any healthy diet! It's only bad if that calorie counting is a number that is unhealthy. (If you are going below 1200, there could be major issues. Even the most sedentary person dieting needs 1000-1200 calories per day to function.) I'm hoping it is a bit higher then that though. Try applying the calorie counting to grazing throughout the day.

>> No.9311626

>>9311614
But I only have a grand piano.

>> No.9311629

>>9311183
Anon, you need to get away from him. You are not stuck, you can move here, you can move there, you can move anywhere. Sure, you could move back home... you could also see about cheaper suburbs and small towns in your area to get a place to live. (Please, don't let him catch you looking.) Consider subletting if you need to. Your family will always be there even if you are a million miles away. They are only a phone call away. Have you told your family what is happening?

>> No.9311631

And girls, when getting apartments, make sure the apartment is in your name only! Girls don't belong on the street, and having the apartments in only your name will avoid so many problems down the road, especially if your partner's well being is not an issue. By that, I mean assuming they are in the place to care for themselves. That way you got more options when boyfriends start flinging your brand across the room.

>> No.9311641

>>9311270
>tl;dr I'm not a psychologist.
Do remember that insomnia can be a common sign of major depression. Borderline is the diagnoses for people who experience mood and personality changes on a quick cycling basis (alongside a couple other diagnoses). Your 'ups' could be your true personality coming out; a personality normally shrouded by depression/anger... Bipolar people go through ups and downs lasting at least weeks at a time... but more commonly months or even years. (They may be depressed for 9 months, manic for two weeks, depressed for 4 months, and manic for one month... this is just an example. Some examples would also includes being depressed for one year, manic for two years, and depressed for two years.) Bipolar is not a quick cycling mood change over a day or a week. The feeling doesn't subside the next day to depression then flare back up into mania the next.

>> No.9311642

>>9311080
hi friend.

i have an ED but before it got really bad, i lost weight in a healthy way by cutting out alcohol (i was drinking a LOT of beer), drinking a lot of water, and staying away from certain carbs (i used to eat a lot of pasta and bread). i had a huge waist for my body, around 31", and got to 25" relatively easy by walking and eating right. fruits and veggies are great, and just eat when you're hungry. don't go into starvation mode because it FUCKS UP YOUR BODY, and people will get super concerned about you and say horrible things. your breasts and butt will change, your skin will get bad. your muscles will atrophy. just stop.

seriously. my waist is 23/24" now but my body is so unhealthy because of how i treated myself. please be good to yourself.

>> No.9311659

>>9311338
First I'll say it's hard to help without knowing exactly what bothers you.

I bring it up if I think it applies to the situation such as letting another anon know they aren't the only person within that age range. It's also important because a 25 year old with relationship problems may likely be in a more dire situation then an 18 year old with relationship problems. (This is not always true.) You have to stop comparing yourself to others or at least begin comparing yourself realistically. I have a family member younger then me traveling the world while I've never moved further then 60 miles from my town. The other family member is married in a beautiful house with children playing for esteemed orchestras. Their father is also the CEO of an international corporation. My father is a farmer. The comparison is unrealistic and unfounded. Why should I feel unsuccessful? That's just one example. Also, everyone has weird hobbies. They may not buy frilly dresses, but they may have spent more then they care to admit on designer shoes or handbags. These hobbies are no different except one is more socially ostracized. Same goes for binging on an anime series versus freaking out over what happened on Orange is the New Black, Game of Thrones, and Breaking Bad. There's also the simple fact that when we get older that we have to survive. No one can tell us how to live except ourselves. If you want a house, spending thousands on clothing might actually be the source of your issues. Maybe you need to spend half on the clothing and put the other half in the bank.

>> No.9311669

>>9311659
I'm about to turn 29 and have done nothing with my life.

I tried all my life to be an artist, but to no avail. I finally gave up last year. I hate art, and I hate myself for wasting my life with it.

>> No.9311681

>>9311641
Except rapid cycling bipolar is also a thing...

>> No.9311685
File: 65 KB, 480x411, 1479644480040.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9311395
>tfw no qt lolita/cosplay gf to spoil with cords and cos.

but seriously if your SO doesn't support your hobby and is actively going out their way to make you feel bad about it then no matter the circumstances you gotta leave it will be a never ending battle with them. And you gotta do what makes you happy you know. I was never into cosplay was always cars and modifying that for me, but my ex loved it always supported her and helped make props etc, if she had asked me to cosplay fuck yeah I would have, because it was simple what she liked that made her happy I liked, but she left me for a guy who's fully into cosplay and more weebish then she'd ever care to admit. Oh well still come here to browse whats happening with local cons and regulars.

>> No.9311687
File: 144 KB, 500x475, skating.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>sent my dead con crush a message on Christmas
>now, whenever, I open my inbox, I have to see it on the list

It's been over a year, and I still think about him sometimes. What's wrong with me?

>> No.9311694

>>9311681
It would still have to have mania lasting at least 7 days at a time, or hypomania lasting at least 4 days at a time interspersed at times with longer lasting major depressive episodes. Rarely is it short 4-7 day depressive episodes interspersed with at least a 4 day hypomania cycle. It's still not a cycle from day to to day or 2 days to 2 days.

>> No.9311696

>>9311669
Man, I'm 30 and know that feeling. I spent most of my life trying to be a photojournalist and just about made it before the industry collapsed.

I recently finally figured out what I want to do with myself but it means years of school, and I can deal with that, but the fact that it means moving back in with my parents and being broke for years sucks.

>> No.9311697

Plus rapid cycle bipolar is argued to actually be cyclomania with arguments it is distinct. (Kind of how manic depression is now called bipolar) Type 1 and 2 bipolar are what is usually referred to in media as 'bipolar'. There's also psychotic depression (depression with psychotic features) that could play at hand. It'd be really hard for us to say, that takes a psychologist.

>> No.9311705 [DELETED] 

Sage because this because this is really off topic, also, be warned if about medication changes... some medicines can instill mania symptoms in depressive patients.

>> No.9311706

Sage because this is really off topic, also, be warned if about medication changes... some medicines can instill mania symptoms in depressive patients.

>> No.9311708

>>9311696
>I recently finally figured out what I want to do with myself but it means years of school, and I can deal with that, but the fact that it means moving back in with my parents and being broke for years sucks
I'm 25, and am doing this. It sucks. A lot.

>> No.9311710

>>9311669
You could potentially live 50 more years. You could easily have 50 years to achieve your accomplishments. Don't hate yourself for a mistake. Also, any artist should realize that they don't need a degree to do art. Really it is quite pointless.

>> No.9311714

>>9311710
I do have a degree.

It's the biggest regret of my life. Huge waste of time and money, all because I couldn't admit that I'm too stupid to be a graphic designer.

>> No.9311721

>>9311611
Go to /soc/ or /r9k/ and find a sugar daddy. That's literally what I do for brand and I don't even need to do anything more than provocative swimwear poses with the occasional short vid of me jerking a dildo off or something.

Getting a dress for literally just a taking a video of you giving a footjob to a dildo is piss easy and not even too disrespectful to yourself since you're not naked or anything.

Though I was tempted to make a dildo usage video when he offered to buy me one of those special wedding dress frill monster dresses that retain at like $1500. This close, until he mentioned like "I'll be eating only ramen for a whole month but it will be worth it <3" and I felt bad.

>> No.9311722

>>9311721
That's gnarly.

>> No.9311730

>>9311669
>>9311696
>>9311708

I met a guy in school who was 40, had gone through a recent divorce, and couldn't draw his way out of a goddamn paper bag. He was also overweight, poorly socialized but he worked his ass off, got healthy, made friends, and in the end landed a gig with Imagineering.

For those of you trying again, I believe you can make it and I wish you the absolute best of luck too.

For those of you thinking of giving up because you think you know anything about the future plays out, I hope you find your way eventually and also wish you best of luck.

>> No.9311734

>>9311721
But I have a penis. Will they care?

>> No.9311735

>>9311734
That may work in your favor if you make for a cute girl.

>> No.9311738

>>9311734
loads of weeb guys actually prefer it

>> No.9311744

>>9311721
I've been jobless for nearly a fucking year...

could I use a fake name or are they going to expect to add me on social media and shit?honestly my SO probably wouldn't even care if I wasn't doing anything super lewd... do you have to commit a lot of time to chatting with them or are they pretty much just cool with semi-lewds and some flirty messages?

>> No.9311746

>>9311744
If you are willing to chat, you can reap the rewards. I mean posting lewd photos and flirty messages will catch some fish. The real money is made by actually offering services on par with the conversation of a close friend or even partner. Not that anon by the way. I just know some people with, to some, questionable money making routines.

>> No.9311748

>>9311746
I'm a bit too autistic to commit to that sort of thing.

Fuck. Plan B, remain a broke NEET.

>> No.9311749

>>9311738
lol this is a lie. traps or dudes get shit on in the sugar threads. good luck.

>>9311721
this is probably bait.

>> No.9311764
File: 8 KB, 235x217, 10941036_10202971379640391_3255703537882750899_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Be me, weeb still green around the collar, fresh off of finishing Bleachigo in 2010, felt like king of the world
>One of my high school friends starts talking to me about these cool japanese cartoons he called mon-ga and on-ee-may, and I just so happened to mention that I'd heard of them before
>we spend that entire summer marathoning shitty shows, one piece, Narutard, Hellsing, whatever caught our eyes
>He asks if I wanna go to a local con, I say sure!
>We go, and it was the most pathetic con, but we still had so much fun
>we make plans to do cosplay for the next one, he of course goes with Bleachigo, I do something from Yugioh
>go again, have a blast
>We have super deep heart to heart, "yeah, lets keep doing this forever, its awesome!"
>foreveryoung.mp3
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFEWBm_3yK8
>time goes by, I have a better hand for costuming so I have him do most of the grunt work, we share the results
>we start getting noticed
>he gets a girlfriend
>college picks up
>we do a con, one of our favorites, and... he's different. distracted, always on about what his gf wants to do, spends half the day out of costume because "it's uncomfortable", and the other half playing pelvic spelunking with his gf in the room I paid for
>he starts getting more and more distant, letting text messages hang, ignoring me
>friends with his roommate too, so it's awkward when I see his roommie and the convo switches to him
>this last summer, finally do my first solo con without him, and... I had a lot more fun than I had in years
>just two weeks ago, something comes up on FB, he's engaged to his gf, and he finishes college this spring
>send him a congrats
>no response

>> No.9311813

>>9311744
If you want to keep your identity secret, don't let them buy you brand directly - it's too easy for someone to stalk lolita media and figure out your real identity that way. Even if you never post pics of yourself in lolita online (unlikely if you want expensive pieces), someone could figure it out by cross-referencing your sales posts to what they know you own or something, and that shit gets linked to your real address. If you want to have a fake identity, use headless videos and make sure you don't show the same background or bedding in your regular selfies and lolita coord shots.

>> No.9311852

>>9311685
This guy has it right, if you care about someone you want them to be happy and support their hobbies.

>> No.9311870

>>9311610
I've been a part of my comm from the beginning and I go to nearly every meet.

We do have a lot of flakes though.

>> No.9311882

>>9311621
>>9311620
guys they admitted they had bulimia, stop fucking telling them it's okay to count calories. they are NOT on a "healthy diet."

for that matter, they shouldn't be measuring their waste right now either. it's going to be too hard for them to regulate eating when they have numbers floating in the back of their mind irrationally scaring them.

holy hell.

>> No.9311892
File: 670 KB, 900x579, sanic_heor__s_v2_____by_xxsupercoolartistxx-d4rtv2i.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9311669

I thought this one was pretty good anon..

I hope you weren't drawing yurishit

>> No.9311946

>>9311183
So your bf is opening your mail and throwing your stuff. So literally hes breaking a serious law and you arent going to the police? Why not have video evidence give a copy to friends or family and tell him to quit or you will leave. If he doesnt, go to the police quickly. If you are scared and hes throwing your stuff theres obvious power issues in your relationship and i wouldnt be surprised if you were scared of him hurting/yelling at you if you tried to get him to stop. Get out now anon. Save your dresses and yourself.

>> No.9312027
File: 40 KB, 219x248, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I went out wearing alone for the first time last week! I wear lolita often, but usally i stay pretty close to home and have friends with me. Im normally too distracted by talking with my friends to notice any reactions but being alone made notice a little, but nothing much really happened thankfully. However I did bump into a group of tumblr-y looking teens who keep whispering amongst themselves shit like 'omggg its a lolita!! so kawaii!! lets talk to to her omgomg!' but i shuffled away away fast

Also the amount of times I got stopped and asked for directions was crazy? One old guy got really mad at me that I didnt know where the court he was going too was, and he got even madder when he tried to talk to me in polish and i didnt understand kek

>> No.9312032

>>9312027
Were you in a historic/touristy city? They probably thought you were a tourist attraction.

I've been going out alone in lolita a lot more recently but holy shit do people stare. I'm starting to wonder if there's any point wearing casual non-print stuff or if I should just go all-out and wear prints for everyday, since I honestly don't notice a big difference in the amount of sideways looks I get. It does mean I get more "I like your style! I wish I had the confidence to dress like that!" than "I like your costume! Are you in a play?" though.

>> No.9312033

>>9312027
Do tumblr-y teenagers scare you, anon? :^)
In all honesty though it's good you finally went out on your own. That wasn't so bad, was it? I hope next time you'll feel more at ease.

>> No.9312036

>>9312032
>Were you in a historic/touristy city? They probably thought you were a tourist attraction.

Nothing says "Polish culture" like EGL.

>> No.9312066

>>9312036
>>9312032
I figured that maybe they thought I was one of those people who stand around in tourist loctions dressed up as different shit like Michael Jackson or those guys that look their they are floating on canes or whatever. who knows!

And yeah if youre going to be stared at anyway might aswell go all out i think!

>>9312033
they terrify me! Nah, I just couldnt be arsed to engage in awkward small talk. Im glad it went pretty well, im going to try and have 'me days' like this more often :)

>> No.9312070

>>9311882
And if they become overweight, they may end up reverting back to old methods, fucking their body up more. You gotta' avoid that as well.

>> No.9312071
File: 81 KB, 182x249, 1465504170734.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>tfw no Polish right-wing lolita gf

>> No.9312465

>>9312027
i rarely go out in the winter because i havent padded my wardrobe with lolita boots and coats yet, but i decided to do some shopping today and 8 or 9 year old kids can be fucking vicious
like what am i supposed to do? i cant tell off a kid and i didnt see their parents around

>> No.9312499

I always want to get new tattoos but I know how much people dislike them with lolita. Personally, I do too. But only on me, if that makes any sense. And it's only because my lolita style is sweet but my tattoo designs are polar opposite...
Sad life

>> No.9312505

>>9312465
Just ignore it. There used to be a lot of 10-year-old chavvy little shits hanging around on the streets swearing at passers-by where I used to live. There's nothing you can do about it because they pull the kid card/"I'll get my brother to beat you up!" if you threaten them, and they ignore anything but outright threats.

I want to know how you politely respond to people asking how much your dress cost without looking like you're evading the question. Some anons say that you should just tell them it's rude or that they wouldn't say that to someone in normal clothes, but in my experience most people genuinely don't think it's rude and are just curious, and will get pissed off if you imply they're being impolite.

Every wardrobe post season I see all the beautiful wardrobes full of prints and consider getting more AP in my life for everyday, but I hate having to tell people who ask that my dress cost $250 when they already react badly enough to hearing something was $50-90. People can go 180 from seeming friendly and interested to getting mad that I'm wasting money or think I must be a stripper or something to be able to afford it, and depending on the area and who's asking I sometimes worry that admitting what I'm wearing is expensive puts me at risk of being robbed. I don't like downright lying or misrepresenting the cost to people that really might get into the fashion, but I'm not sure how to deflect questions without making it look like it must be expensive from the fact that I'm avoiding naming a price.

>> No.9312508

>>9312499
Get them somewhere that wouldn't be visible while wearing lolita but you can reveal in normal clothes? Like thigh or stomach or shoulder.

>> No.9312525

>>9311424
How is your being a guy at all relevant here??? Fuck off cuck

>> No.9312529

>>9312070
>thinking bulimia makes you thin
>not realizing it's probably why she was overweight in the first place
you very clearly have no idea how EDs work, and she is way better off not counting calories (which will trigger binge purge cycles) and eating healthy foods regularly without letting herself calculate anything

>> No.9312543
File: 29 KB, 722x349, nightmare.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

This con has a billion chicks showing boob-cleavage, and not one showing butt-cleavage.

Why can't that be a thing? It would be the best.

>> No.9312546

>>9312529
>>9312070
>>9311882
>>9311642
>>9311621
>>9311620
Hi considerate people. I've had EDs (anorexia, ednos, bulimia, you name it) most of my life so I know all the tricks, risks, etc. Right now it's relatively under control (binges aren't as big as they used to be, my calories limit is higher than it used to be, not exercising obsessively, eating a wider variety of food and letting myself enjoy it, I skip counting sometimes) but life is stressful lately which is why my eating times/amounts have been less than ideal. I grew up with loving parents that unfortunately were always talking about dieting (dad used to be obese, mom had bulimia herself) so considering my family and personal history I do feel somewhat doomed to always have an ED mindset, but I have been progressively getting better. Just in a rough patch now.

Also I'm not and have never been overweight, my BMI is average as fuck lol. I just want a smaller waist for MM dresses but should probably give that dream up considering all I just said lol.

Sage for blog post.

>> No.9312548
File: 1.53 MB, 500x367, 1481049436744.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9312546
Also today I brought a bunch of healthy snacks to work and ate them spread out thru the day. Just for you guys.

>> No.9312555

>>9311138
Fuck, anon, that feel. I moved to CO from DC which had excellent access to most major NE cons. I have absolutely no desire to go to any cons in CO whatsoever. It's a great place to live/work otherwise.

>> No.9312566

>>9312543
Because they'd get chased around like a Benny Hill movie with memers trying to do the kneeling palms together pose in front of the asscrack.

>> No.9312570

>>9312548
Yay! I'm the ED anon who's been a little too overzealous about helping and I know that 'I'm going to deal with this for the rest of my life feel.' But when you have things handled it feels so good, and I hope you get to have that for as long as possible. Good luck, anon!

>> No.9312572

>>9312543
Ass cleavage is my favorite thing

>> No.9312652

>>9312505
lie and say its handmade ;)

>> No.9312654

>>9312546
im so fucking sure youve had "all the EDs" pls go and stay go, youre just overfeeding your ego here

>> No.9312665
File: 31 KB, 600x565, CZiq32pUUAA_6pg.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>all my friends are making cosplay group plans and stuff like that among each other
>will be talking about series we all like
>say "Oh man I've always wanted to do a group of ___!"
>Silence

Every time.

>> No.9312713
File: 49 KB, 500x480, courage.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9312546
Okay. I just don't want you in a position that make it harder to heal! Just remember that everyone has different healthy body types and we don't all have 25 inch waists. I don't want you to exercise excessively, but there are a lot of exercises that target just the waist like the corkscrew which is not an aerobic exercise at all. Actually, you'll have a good laugh if you see what I'm talking about because you might remember doing them in elementary school P.E. class.

>> No.9312721
File: 56 KB, 500x500, aw.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9312548
Speaking of cats, I'll be making less of a fashion haul this February then planned because I must put aside enough money for 6 months worth of medication for my kitty to be safe. The vets want me to try holistic methods first, but I just watched her lick a wall for 5 minutes straight... I guess I'll have a Prozac kitty. Time to set up another appointment... BTW, this is more a feel for my cat then anything.

>> No.9312756

>>9311188
Who are these people? I can take drugs on a beach with strangers at home. Living in a different country for a few years is a much better experience.

>> No.9312765

>>9312756
Ive gotten this from people too. I blame it on the weird "buzzfeed says 20 things to do in your 20s so were all gonna do it" mentality of most people or the random new wave of "heady" "woke" people trying out all the holier than thou bullshit that comes along with being a shitty millenial at the time. Dated a guy one time that was super naive and went aboroad for like 6 months or a year and he got pepper sprayed in france and got sexually assaulted and almost raped by a woman in england i think it was. I know its a slim chance but Im glad i never went anywhere for those reasons.

>> No.9312772
File: 180 KB, 499x561, reallife.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>get my period
>start crying at Kroger because there are homeless women who can't do lolita

Hate being a grill sometimes.

>> No.9312774

>>9312570
>>9312713
Thanks guys. I am trying hard to keep a relatively healthy mindset.

>>9312721
Lick a wall??? Poor baby. Is she stresses/anxious? My cat licks the fuck out of herself to the extent that one side of her is bald and I've been considering prozac for her too since I've ruled out fleas. Fucked up owners -> fucked up cats I guess lol

>>9312654
You ok? Something you wanna talk about?

>> No.9312777

>>9312774
yea im ok. but you cant have anorexia AND bulimia. diagnostically.
it honestly sounds like youre a lil too proud of yourself menhera-chan

>> No.9312781

>>9312777
I've had them at different points in my life. I was diagnosed anorexic at around 12/13 and slowly built up binging behaviors after that, partially as a reaction to being told to eat more. Probably wasn't full blown bulimic until college thanks to alcohol. I'm not proud but it's a big part of me and has had an unfortunately large impact on my life and has been a huge struggle to fight against. I am proud that I'm relatively healthy now.

>> No.9312784

>>9312781
ever heard of OFSED?

>> No.9312792

>>9312784
No but I did include ednos in my post which seems to be about the same. I'll concede that as it stands I have Ednos/ofsed but in the past Id gone thru periods where i leaned more towards anorexia or bulimia. Generally I just say that I have disorderEd eating and disordered thoughts about food. Sorry if it seemed like I was trying to be a Ed special snowflake. I was just trying to convey that i've been thru a lot of shit regarding food.

>> No.9312847
File: 31 KB, 604x604, 67364_801797289881802_7498501017201686704_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>eating disorder problems, gained weight over the holidays, and a con in a week which I'm wearing a skimpy outfit for
Well, lads. This'll be fun.

>> No.9312861

I fucking suck at lolita, every time I get something I think will look good it winds up looking like shit as a co-ord. I think I at least know what looks good/what doesn't when it all comes together, but it's frustrating to suck ass at actually picking it out.

Also I want to come up with a good cosplay but I haven't worked out in like half a year and I'm feeling terrible about my appearance. I want my fucking abs and ass back, dammit.

>> No.9312862

>>9312774
I posted in /an/ about it. It's not stress exactly.
>>9312777
Actually it is ED-NOS. It's where someone pukes up everything they eat. They literally don't eat since they just puke up what little they do eat. Anon stated this isn't the case, I'm just saying it is actually a thing that can exist together.
>>9312847
New album, new album...
>>9312861
It's okay, only through repeated failure does one find success in most cases. Try again. I believe in you and your dresses.

>> No.9312873
File: 159 KB, 746x982, Born to feel.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9311764
I know that feel brother

>> No.9312881
File: 587 KB, 625x918, What is this weak shit bruh.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9312529
>not counting calories
Its like you don't want to make it bruh

>> No.9312924

mfw
>be at normal BMI range
>my bf says I'm chubby
>try to lose weight
>I see him adding some thin brunettes on fb and liking their pics
>all his exes were brunettes
>tfw he never likes any of my picture
>he's a drug addict "I'm not addicted"

Also
>showed him lolita dresses
>"they look cool but can they get more edgy techno style"

I yelled at him lolita and 'techno' don't even go together and never will.
>Also he says that he doesn't know if he loves me (but then says things like "in a year we will do this and that") and so on.

Sorry for this rant, I just feel so much insecure I can't even

>> No.9312939

Who else /suicidal/ here?
>just want to end it
>tfw no energy left to actually do it
>just spiraling deeper into depression until I numb down even more
>still haven't reached zombie level of numbness yet
>feels won't stop torturing me
>wakemeupinside.jpg

>> No.9312940

I feel in limbo. Most of my hobbies feel so distant from myself, cons and cosplay especially. I used to go with my sister and a couple friends but as many other people have said, they move on and get busy.

Last con I was at I saw these parents with their kids at one of the late night 18+ panels. They were clearly just chaperones but they sat with this kid who could be no older than 13 and watched a hentai showing with her. I don't think it was anything in particular about it, it just filled me with disgust and dread.

>>9312924
I'm sorry that's happening to you, my sister went through a similar situation and eventually got cheated on, ex fucked a conthot in their hotel room.

I kind of feel like a piece of shit because I wish my girlfriend would lose a little weight or at least pretend to eat better but I have no idea how to address it without coming off like a dick.

>> No.9312943

>>9312939
Anon, go visit a doctor (psychiatrist the best) they will prescribe you some pills and you'll get better!

>> No.9312946

>>9312939
Aside from talking to a doctor, get a dog or a cat or some kind of animal.

>> No.9312948
File: 204 KB, 540x676, tumblr_ojd9650KzQ1qewacoo5_540.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>lost 20 pounds
>tits and waist still same size

>> No.9312949

>>9312652
Are normies really stupid enough to believe a custom AP print could be hand-made?

>> No.9312952

>>9312943
>>9312946
I don't take pills and I don't really like animals.

>> No.9312954

>>9312756
>I can take drugs on a beach with strangers at home.
Northern Europe is too cold for that, lots of Americans live inland.

>> No.9312957

>>9312949
I was asked if I made a Baby print dress a couple times, so probably. Normies are fucking dumb.

>> No.9312986
File: 83 KB, 425x558, 87825001.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9312939
>>9312952

>> No.9312988

>>9312765
Im sorry anon but that made me chuckle. Ive been there too though

>> No.9312989

>love cutesy mahou shoujo
>love moe idols
>tfw mature (and ugly) face and hourglass figure
>tfw best friend is tiny, flat and cute and can pull off my favorite characters better than i'll ever be able to
hold me anons i want to be kawaii
my big hips kill my crossplay game too

>> No.9313016

>>9312652
The one time I tried this, I got caught up in a discussion about sewing that was way out of my depth, do not recommend.

>> No.9313030
File: 12 KB, 225x225, 1483733092646-pol.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9311072
>>9311112
>>9311188
I feel this. My parents and especially my dad kind of attack me for not going abroad in college. I'm in the last semester of my senior year and just got interogated by half the family at dinner last night. I've been to England and being a medievalist would love to go back and visit the rest of Europe too, but it's just not in the cards right now.

My girlfriend and I have been together for 3 years, she's not a big travel person either and we want to focus on pulling our life together and starting a family. I also like guns and playing dress up too much to drop so much money on a vacation.

>> No.9313031

>>9312765
>Dated a guy one time that was super naive and went aboroad for like 6 months or a year and he got pepper sprayed in france and got sexually assaulted and almost raped by a woman in england i think it was. I know its a slim chance but Im glad i never went anywhere for those reasons.
Of all the places to travel as an American (assuming you are an American), England is going to be one of the safest because it's culturally similar and there's no language barrier. It's shitty that that happened to your friend, but it could easily happen to him in his own country too - don't let it put you off going abroad (maybe not for 6 months tho). The main issue I can think of you having is being pickpocketed/mugged in London because you look like an obvious tourist, or not having the same ability to sense danger as you would in the US because you're not aware of the nuances of British class signifiers or what a bad area or safe area looks like here. If you're travelling with friends there's not a huge issue in holidaying to first world countries IMO, it's more of an issue with people treating third world countries like their personal playground then acting surprised that somewhere so ~inspirational~ could be really unsafe.

I wish it was easier to connect with lolitas in other countries to ask what it's like to wear lolita there, I like wearing lolita when I'm on holiday but I'd like to hear from lolitas that have tried it in those countries first.

>> No.9313111
File: 25 KB, 500x376, 8d40fa430c6ec3dd0e5f9e08002a6248.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I wish I was cute and looked like a doll.
I also wish I was petite and never gained weight.
I'm "average" weight and "average" sized by European standards (5"4 and 121lbs) and I look "slim" to other people from what I heard but I feel so big,even huge sometimes,I want to be light and take less space.
I just want to be a cute petite doll who'll never age or gain weight.

>> No.9313118

>>9313111
Have you tried counting calories and exercising

>> No.9313130

>>9311659
Being over your mid twenties without a relationship isn't about comparing yourself to others. It's hard not to feel impossible to love and very psychologically damaging even if you don't compare yourself to others. I've already conditioned myself to not even seek out people and accept loneliness. There's always the "just be confident, you're not in relationships because low confidence can be smelled a mile away! Fake it until you make it!!! :)" advice that always stings because it doesn't take into consideration that many people WERE confident at some point.

Many people I know in my position weren't always so cynical about the idea of finding someone who would love then back, they aren't bad looking, they aren't bad people, they just got unlucky with finding partners. After years of failed attempts, it becomes really emotionally damaging to just "fake it" when every single encounter with a potential partner is immediately met with the thought of "it'll be just like every other attempt" because you have years of experience to solidify that viewpoint that no rhetoric can break.

I'm confident I look cute. I'm confident o have a good personality that many people like. I'm confident I'm funny, smart, and generally fun to be around. I don't have confidence that I'll be able to click with anyone though. On one hand I've already cynically accepted my loneliness, on another hand I'm deeply disheartened by it. I don't seek others for validation, but I do want to experience mutual affection for someone.

>> No.9313135

>>9313031
>because you're not aware of the nuances of British class signifiers or what a bad area or safe area looks like here
just avoid the knackers, scobes and London and you're good to go, there isn't much to get

>> No.9313136
File: 945 KB, 500x281, cri.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

All of my friends go to cons and meet up and hang out and I'm... so fucking jealous. I feel so childish but I wish I had the money to afford traveling and cons and cosplay and shit but I don't and I live in the ass-end of Sweden and the only friends I have live in California and New York.

I feel like a child but I don't have the money to spare and I'm so fucking sad about not being able to meet my friends, probably ever.

>> No.9313145

>>9313031
> it's more of an issue with people treating third world countries like their personal playground then acting surprised that somewhere so ~inspirational~ could be really unsafe.
Holy shit this pisses me off to no end. So many of my friends are going on careless eat, pray, love-esque trips to busk and 'find themselves' and a few days ago one of them was found dead because the imbecile thought 2 girls hiking in the Andes in booty shorts would be a fantastic idea. I'd be scarlet for her if she wasn't dead.

Another was presumed dead because she hadn't bothered to call her mother for 2 months while she was in Nepal. She basically responded with an 'oops' and then got all huffy when her brother called her selfish and irresponsible.

My hometown breeds mouth breathing cretins, I'm just a different, safer sort.

>> No.9313148

>>9313111
You've got a BMI of 20.4 anon, you're slim. All this stuff about wanting to be small and light and fade away sounds like anorexic thinking.

>> No.9313152

>>9313135
From personal experience, Americans can't distinguish between middle-class guys trying to dress "urban", average working class guys, and drug dealers or other dodgy people willing to rob you. They either think everyone in trackies is a threat or nobody is. Sage because it's barely relevant.

>> No.9313160

>>9313145
>I'd be scarlet for her

Dub detected

>> No.9313171

>>9313152
I'm not from the US (mainland Europe here) but everyone in the UK dresses like the dregs of society do in my country, can confirm I pretty much suspect everyone of wanting to mug/rape/kill me.

>> No.9313177

>>9313171
I think it's hard for everyone to go to a different country and be forced to get by without pre-judging everybody on appearance. I got thrown for a loop when I went to Berlin because everyone dressed so differently that I couldn't assume "oh, that person looks like they might be in a gang, best be careful", "those teenagers look like gobby little shits, best avoid" on sight. I'd like to say it made me a better, less judgemental person but it actually just made me confused.

>> No.9313178
File: 740 KB, 2116x2938, 9e298ab0-beb1-49e2-9d5b-95f5533dbb6b..jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Good feel:
>new boyfriend encourages my lolita
>tries looking up nice tea houses, pastry shops, etc in the area to take me out on dates to because he feels I should show others
>every other boy I've been with has been too embarrassed tl be seen with me like this
>he likes fucking me in lolita
>he has a really thick cock that makes me cum about 3 times before be finishes
>that amazing head spinning feel when thick cock cums and you feel the pulsing of each spurt
>really kind and sweet on the street but a primal degrading beast in the sheets that isn't afraid to be rough and mean, best combo

I've never had a high sex drive before him.Always had guys pretty much begging me for at least once a week, but I'm like begging him for at least twice a day.

>> No.9313183

>>9313178
>tfw no lolita gf to creampie

>> No.9313186

>>9311072
I'm the opposite. A lot of times I wish I didn't like to travel so much because it makes it hard to afford brand. And it leaves me with way less time to wear lolita. Should I just give up on ever trying to have a good wardrobe? Sometimes I don't see the point of being a lolita if I don't have one. And my friend accused me of being a fake since I mostly wear offbrand pieces.

>> No.9313190

>>9312939
lol just do it already you lazy fuck

>> No.9313191

>Talking about sizes in cosplay with person supposed to be good friend
>Friend goes on about how everyone always thinks she's super hot and in good shape and compliments her on her figure all the time. She's 5'5 31-28-34 and doesn't want to lose weight for cosplay because she thinks it "selling out".
>Talk about how I'm quite happy where I am 36-27-38 and it works out well for most my costumes. 5'5 and 150lbs (Lots of leg muscle from activity at work)
>Mention that I've been working to lose weight and lost 9lbs
>Need to lose weight for medical reasons also but say it's because I'd like to feel more comfortable in my costumes (I'm not gonna sully the mood with bleak medical talk)
>Friend starts going on about how none of my costumes will look good if I lose weight, how I'll be boring at conventions and how wanting to show skin in costumes is disgusting.
>She gets in a huff and goes back to how good looking she is while throwing put downs at me where she can

>Know I'm not going to see her for 4 months with con break
>Gym fees are worth it knowing how mad she'll be if I do any sort of self improvement.

Pissing off toxic people gives me the willpower to do a lot of things

>> No.9313192

>>9313186
Gotta have balance anon. If you like to travel, travel. Just set aside something in your budget for lolita if that's also important for you, and try to build a wardrobe in a sensible way so you can have something cohesive without huge investment.

>> No.9313196

>>9311611
Semi-related to feels but-
Thanks for using my garbage art, anon.
Seeing something I drew so long ago makes me feel happy to see my growth

>> No.9313197
File: 78 KB, 550x550, 1483778116333-co.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9313178
Nice

>> No.9313203

>>9313178
nice

sieg heil

>> No.9313212

What's the best cosplay to wear to get neckbeards thirsting after me? I've recently lost a fair amount of weight and I want to show off my nice new body and feel attractive for once in my damn life.

>> No.9313215
File: 882 KB, 496x277, 1467277122489.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

It's dumb but I want to be noticed on social media. Not to be an attention whore or something, it's mostly that I want people to answer when I post something so I can get new fujo friends online who have the same hobbies as me. But I don't dare replying to posts on twitter and tag my own stuff because I don't want people I now irl or annoying SJW to find me and bother me. I'm talking about SJW because the first friends I made online became just that and it was really terrible, and they just stopped talking to me altogether after a while.

>> No.9313235

>>9313191
This is the most thinly veiled attention whore story ive seen in a while.
Fucking cunt. Your gonna look great anon and that bitch is gonna be so jealous. Updates on her pissy attitude please, this is gonna be a riot.

>> No.9313361

I have a huge crush on this guy I met at a con this year but I'm not very confident. I'm kinda cute even if I'm chubby but he has this friend who lives out of the country and she's a cosplayer and is super hot and thin. He always looks happy to see me (but he's nice to everyone) and we bonded a little at the last con. I don't feel cute enough to tell him, plus I don't know him enough. I'll probably see him again at the next con and I'm petrified. I'm awkward and don't know how to build relationships with people. I hate interactions. Just notice me senpai ffs.

>> No.9313373

>>9313215
>I'm talking about SJW because the first friends I made online became just that and it was really terrible, and they just stopped talking to me altogether after a while.
I mean, I know a lot of SJWs, and while some are very enthusiastic I can't imagine them cutting you off unless you were genuinely just annoying and/or racist. Most of the people I met who sound off about SJWs only do so because they hate not having people accept the casual homophobia/whatever they spout.

>> No.9313401

>>9313373
I think I phrased it weirdly. It's more that we gradually stopped talking to each other because instead of replying to each others's posts and messages they started just liking my posts from time to time to the point that the few last times I tried to talk to them it was really awkward. But they stayed close to each other. I never acted any different than usual and it would be weird for me to be racist or homophobic since I'm not white nor straight, but they started changing without me noticing at first so when I noticed I moved on. Last time I checked they legit think drawing genderbent fanarts of fictional characters is as bad as insulting and threatening real people.

>> No.9313420

>>9313401
Oh, I see. I empathise on not wanting people you know IRL to see you on Twitter, I don't use Insta for the same reason. Instagram is really popular with Japanese girls now and seems like it's going to become a big lolita platform, but I hate the fact there are so many normies on it and all your tagged stuff is easily searchable. I hoped Amino would fill the void but it's not there yet.

>> No.9313432

>>9313178
This sounds extremely written by a guy
7/10 for hotness
2/10 for believability.

>> No.9313438

>>9313420
Yeah, I get you on instagram, as soon as I made my account recently it recommanded me the accounts of people I know irl, I guess it's because I use the same mail adress for insta and fb. On twitter I'm unknown and barely have followers, don't post selfies or personal details that could out me, but I easily found 2 guys I know irl on twitter by accident. Since then I'm worried it happened to me too.

>> No.9313450

>>9311313
>TFW considering crossdressing and crossplaying
>Not gay though
How does someone even explain they are not gay for doing it but they just like to feel cute?
It never seems to work.

>> No.9313540

>>9313450
I've heard in some places that wanting to be cute doesn't mean want to fuck guys.

>> No.9313544

>>9313136
Make friends in your own country, you autistic fuck. Also, aren't there any conventions in Sweden?

>> No.9313547

>>9313450
I guess explain that men's clothing sucks and lacks variety. I suppose some people just love fashion? I love cute fashion, pastel candy colors, skirts, make up, and nail polish. If I had been born a dude then my love for such things would not be accepted by society.

>> No.9313548

>>9313450
Crossplaying is a lot more accepted than cross dressing generally, start with that.

>> No.9313629
File: 242 KB, 1280x1219, tumblr_o4vf1lXVMH1s9q1j9o2_1280.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Get photos taken over 6 months ago with a photographer that I and friends have had a great interaction with in the past
>still haven't seen photos
>paid good cash for them
>has publicly said they're behind but still has time to post photos of their bffs, even from cons that were only a few months ago
>has taken more photos at other cons
>hasn't posted any of my photos or my friends despite being told mine were being worked on

i get people have outside lives but when you're already paid one would think someone could find the time to at least post or privately send one photo

at this point im considering just asking for the raws and getting a friend to edit them desu because im tired of not even having anything to see for the money i paid for, especially after being told mine were being worked on. how come none have shown up, then?

>> No.9313634

>>9313178
girth > length any day. had dudes gloat about their 8 inch cocks that were long with no meat. best fuck I've had was from some dude packin only 5 inched but thick as a fucking coke bottle.

>> No.9313652

>>9313178
Oh I thought you said you could feel the cum hitting inside, I was like nah, but then I got reading comprehension

I'm too paranoid to have guys in cum in me even with the IUD, like what if it fails

>> No.9313659

>>9313634
There was a kid at the skatepark in high school who always asked me what it'd be like to have a dick like a tuna can.

>> No.9313669

>>9313652
>I'm too paranoid to have guys in cum in me even with the IUD, like what if it fails

why even get the IUD then, just use a different form of birth control

>> No.9313682
File: 40 KB, 290x290, gwenoutrage.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>tfw when the girl at the con who thinks she's a cat always finds you

I should bring a laser pointer to distract them.

>> No.9313684

>>9312948
>Implying thats a bad thing
Losing flabby arm is always good, tubby
>>9311313
Stop consuming soy products and start lifting some weights. Fuck your mom, your a male, you move mountains.
>>9313191
Its best when you start looking better than your accusers. Make sure you dont focus on her too much, an overall "im better than you and you know it" attitude.
>>9312939
>women
>depressed
Just end it.
>>9312924
Feels bad when he doesn't understand you hobbies and might come off uninterested.
>doesnt love you
>druggy
Leave him

>> No.9313687

>>9311764
He grew up, found a girl and married her and now moving on with his life.
Your still playing dress up with chinese cartoons

>> No.9313688

I'm gonna sound fucking stupid but...

how does one actually take crit on here? like if someone says the shit I chose doesn't look cute and that I should get something else instead... isn't that like telling someone what to find cute and what not to find cute? how is that crit?

>> No.9313689

>>9313688
what

>> No.9313692

>>9313689
So you post a coord somewhere, and then someone is like "get rid of those gross ass shoes", and then lets say they're actually being heartfelt and want to help someone quote unquote get better at something like lolita or any jfashion, really -- they suggest some other kinds of shoes.

Aren't you going to be like "what the fuck? I thought that was cute, and the thing they are recommending isn't cute to me?" and then anons are always like "ugh that bitch doesn't take crit"
how the fuck does that help someone improve?

>> No.9313693

>TFW I was planning on working on cosplay this weekend
>Stomach bug instead

I feel like I'm dying, CGL, physically and emotionally. I wanted to finish my sewing up today and instead I'm lying in bed rolling around, my stomach is aching so badly I can't move.

>> No.9313697 [DELETED] 

>>9313692
Like... were the shoes old or something?

>> No.9313698

>>9313684
>men
>depressed
Just end it.

>> No.9313702

In all seriousness though, don't end it. Male or female.

>> No.9313706
File: 543 KB, 500x379, stupidfry.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

You don't know con cringe until you witness two massively obese chicks twerk to Sexy and I Know It in the middle of a hallway, singing "I'm senpai and I know it."

>> No.9313728
File: 1.64 MB, 400x400, scootypuff.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>dressed as Len from Vocaloid
>some grill dressed as Rin wants to fuck me
>turn her down because I fear strangers

I still wonder if I made the right decision.

>> No.9313733

>>9313728
>not fucking a cosplay slut into incest

Ehh probably a good choice.

>> No.9313740

>>9313728
can only speak for myself, who never had sex, and will never have it (except if I pay a hooker, but loosing your virginity to one is somehow sad, and I don't have the money for it), but...
...you made the wrong choice...

>> No.9313741

>>9313659
kek

>> No.9313744 [DELETED] 

>>9312765
>tl;dr - I'm becoming a pastel homebody celibate. Give me my cartoons!
I keep getting plagued by my peers with anecdotes such as, "Destroy the belief that intimacy must be reserved for monogamous relationships, be more loving, embrace platonic intimacy," and, "Monogamy is a social construct that goes against human nature." I'm like... man, why you all trying to push your lifestyles on me. You are a 'skank'. You aren't some enlightened human breaking free from the mold to your primal roots. Less then a week after a 5 1/2 year relationship, I had friends trying to hook me up with people for sex less then a week upon breaking up. I'm like, "What the fuck is wrong with you people?"

>> No.9313747

>tl;dr - I'm becoming a pastel homebody celibate. Fuck the millennial lifestyle.
I keep getting plagued by my peers with anecdotes such as, "Destroy the belief that intimacy must be reserved for monogamous relationships, be more loving, embrace platonic intimacy," and, "Monogamy is a social construct that goes against human nature." I'm like... man, why you all trying to push your lifestyles on me. You are a 'skank'. You aren't some enlightened human breaking free from the mold to your primal roots. Less then a week after a 5 1/2 year relationship, I had friends trying to hook me up with people for sex. I'm like, "What the fuck is wrong with you people?"

>> No.9313755

>>9313740
Why will you never have sex?

I'm not interested in it myself, but you sound like you want to.

>> No.9313756

Got a refund on a blouse so bought a dildo instead.

I feel so much regret for some reason because I'm not an overly sexual person, just bought it on a whim when I was turned on. I feel so irresponsible.

>> No.9313765

>>9313756
I shouldn't be laughing, but I am. I don't know why that's so hilarious.

>> No.9313767
File: 2.16 MB, 3264x2448, IMG_2919.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Just found my first "lolita" creation shoved to the back of my closet when I was cleaning my room. It's a flannel bow. I don't even remember making it but I'm nostalgic anyway for that time when I was so eager to be in the fashion that I would do such dumb things.

>> No.9313768

>>9313767
D'awww. How old were you? I didn't discover lolita until 23.

>>9313756
Lmao. Cute.

>> No.9313776
File: 161 KB, 1280x960, IMG_2921.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9313768
Likely 14 or 15.

>> No.9313784

>>9311182
the price is what makes them worth it

>> No.9313785

>>9311338
thank you for this

>> No.9313807

>>9313692
so you take the crit into consideration and don't get offended so damn easily

>> No.9313812
File: 83 KB, 420x500, 1407617395063.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9313687
I'm... I'm living my dream, anon...
;_;

>> No.9313829

>>9312505
I'm in a bit of a different situation since my secondhand brand dresses were all around or below $100, but I tend to just shave off twenty or thirty bucks.
$60-75 is reasonable for a detailed, frilly dress with lots of fabric even to normies who can't tell the difference between BTSSB and Hot Topic in terms of quality.
For me, telling people I got it secondhand already makes most of the "aren't you wasting money" reactions fade.
Besides, people don't really have to know how much your dress cost. I have no problems lying about it to avoid a disapproving reaction or meaningless argument.

>> No.9313833

>>9312924
Try to explain to him how you feel about those things. Be very clear and straightforward and make sure he knows it's important to you.
Something like "Hey anon, we need to talk. I've been feeling insecure about a couple of things. You told me to lose weight and then went on to like some pictures of thin brunettes on facebook. Can you understand why this makes me feel bad and is this insecurity justified according to you? Could you try giving me some more affirmation about our relationship?"
Seriously, explain it like you would to a five year old. Some guys really don't understand where you're coming from if you try to be subtle. Try to make it less like a confrontation about what you think he's doing wrong, because he can get defensive and might not listen to you properly. Make it more like you're having a heart to heart.

As for the drugs, what exactly is he addicted to? I have some history with drug addicts and I might be able to give advice.

>> No.9313835

>>9313756
I've been laughing about this post for hours.

I don't know what it is that makes dildos so inherently funny.

And it's OK, we've all done similar stuff.

>> No.9313839
File: 166 KB, 500x672, large.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9312989
>tfw exact opposite
>like cool, mature characters
>with elegant personalities and looks
>have major babyface
>round eyes, round face, big round cheeks
>pretty short and small
>into gothic and classic lolita but everyone always tells me I would look so much better in sweet
>just want to cosplay pic related

>> No.9313843

>>9313692
If it's constructive criticism the person suggesting something else might tell you why they think the other things looks better or matches with your outfit more. Criticism is obviously a lot more easy to understand if you know the reasoning behind it.
If the person doesn't give you a reason, just a suggestion, try to compare the two options yourself and think of things that contribute to a good coord besides "these shoes look cute", because cuteness of individual items doesn't really determine how nice the coord looks.

>> No.9313853

>>9312989
>>9313839
Grass is always greener on the neighbors lawn, anons.
Rock out what you got, rather than pine for what you don't.

>> No.9313856

>>9313111
>yfw i'm a cute and petite hafu

feels good

>> No.9313862

>>9313835
>I don't know what it is that makes dildos so inherently funny.
maybe, the same reasons, why the word penis is funny

>> No.9313864
File: 245 KB, 960x720, M4paJcm.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>tfw no friends to go to con with
>tfw no gf
>tfw have nothing
>feels bad man

>> No.9313866
File: 7 KB, 243x207, images.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>tfw you are alone at con and eating
>tfw you feel even more lonely
>mfw a homeless guy is sitting next to me outside con and his cigarette smoke is hitting my face

>> No.9313867

>>9313755
yes of course I want to have sex (who doesn't)
unfortunatly, no female would ever want to have sex with me
and as a I mentioned, a prostitute isn't an option, cause losing your virginity to one is pathetic, and I don't have that much money
another option would be rape a woman, but that's wrong, and I am too weak for that...

>> No.9313877

>>9313866
give him a mean look and tell him to go be poor somewhere else
>>9313864
you have me anon. /hug/

>> No.9313879

>>9313867
>>/r9k/
Please go back to your containment board and stay there

>> No.9313891

>>9313866
>not befriending the homeless guy and going on homeless con adventures with him

>> No.9313913

>>9313659
Probably a lot like a dog knot.

>> No.9313919

>>9313215
>and they just stopped talking to me altogether after a while.
That's sad, but better than them siccing their fellow cult members on you or your employer.
>>9313401
They probably found it difficult to deal with an oppressed class that didn't conform to their born-again worldview.

>> No.9313926
File: 318 KB, 553x576, 1480814895597.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>convention coming up
>get super pumped to take photos
>spend hours watching my favorite photography related youtube channels for inspiration
>finally at con
>have zero desire to take photos for the first three or so hours
>just kinda walking around twiddling my thumbs and looking absolutely miserable because I'm a temperamental faggot
>finally force myself to start taking pictures
>convention ends
>end up with two photos I like enough to consider adding to my portfolio with the rest of the photos just being kinda eh
Every fucking con.

>> No.9313933

>>9313835
I'm glad I'm making someone laugh.

>> No.9313954

>>9311080
The problem with eating at night is that your body won't burn calories while you sleep. It's far better to eat something 'bad' during the day because you'll be more active. 1500 calories p/d is all we need to eat to lose weight, 2000 to maintain your current weight. Be kind to yourself and your body will thank you back by losing weight. 27 inches is a fantastic achievement, so well done for that! I've been ana/mia since 2010 and I've been maintaining a healthy weight since 2013. It's difficult because I'm still 'fat' when I look at myself, but I know deep down I'm thin now, but not dying.

>> No.9313959

>>9312862
I like dancing around to that "D.I.S.C.O" song but I'll sing "E.D.N.O.S" to that tune when I'm having a bad body image day. Laughing at your ed sometimes helps.

>> No.9313963

>>9312924
He legit sounds like my ex, are you dating my ex haha?
Seriously though dump him. Dump him, block him, lock up all the memories and throw away the key. I'm still dealing with the psychological damage from my relationship which sounds scarily like yours, 5 years later.
There are so many better people out there anon, people who will treat you nicely and won't bang every other girl that isn't you and then put you in debt 'cause he owes so much money on tick but has no money of his own because he spends all his money on tick

>> No.9313966
File: 119 KB, 608x407, ugh.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>be fairly androgynous female
>want to cosplay cutesy female for once
>try on wig and outfit
>look like a guy in drag
>don't want to be a guy, am not trans
>really want to be cute
>forever male characters I guess

I don't know how to feel right now. Maybe I should stick to cosplaying girls like Sailor Uranus or something.

>> No.9313988
File: 262 KB, 600x849, ad92a5c973c2f2831a404379fca9644b.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9313728
Your loss anon

>> No.9313991

>>9313966
Make up is your best friend, but try some light make up instead of something heavy, since that's what can give you a drag look. Also, I think Sailor Uranus is cute!

>> No.9313998

>>9313833
Thank you Anon. He takes mostly pot, pills, amphetamine and acid. Also tells me he's not addicted and I'm making it up he's addicted.

>> No.9313999

>>9313926
Do photoshoots with people, even if they're just friends.

>> No.9314000
File: 11 KB, 259x194, images.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9313991
I guess my problem is I'm a bit out of touch with makeup? I use some Korean BB cream with powder over it but I'm starting to think that's the problem? I just can't into cute feminine unless someone sits me down and does my makeup for me. Maybe I'll start lurking in the beauty topic for tips.
But yeah Sailor Uranus is dream self so it's not so bad.

>> No.9314006

>turning 30 this year (well, actually I'm not too bothered by that)
>my favorite band that I've poured my everything into for the last six years has changed so much in the past year, their instores are becoming more and more restrictive which takes out most of the fun, my favorite member just feels fake lately when talking to him which is making me all kinds of sad and wondering where the old genuine guy disappeared to (I'm not the only one noticing the difference btw). Basically I just desperately want to go back to circa 2014. But despite all this I just love them with all my heart and while I constantly think about just not going to their lives and instores anymore I can't move on
>the only thing that still makes me genuinely happy is Lolita
>spent around $600 during the new year's sales but I got Princess Cat OP, Heavenly Cross special set and Dolly Dot and Checkmate skirts among other things and they're all so cute
>I regret nothing (although I will admit I'm probably developing a shopping addiction to fill the void)

Also Heavenly Cross is poorly made but oh well I guess that's to be expected for such a cheap set. Still, was a bit of a bummer.

>> No.9314007 [DELETED] 

>The optician in your country doesn't share your eye measurements
Looks like I won't be getting cosplay lenses any time soon.

>> No.9314012

>get excited to meet with old friends again.
>they went together while I had to get my own space.
>maybe meet up once for lunch on day 1, get stood up every time plans get made.
>while waiting for them, they went to high profile parties.
>drinking only fueled my seething rage and desire to punch them in the face.
>next day was a repeat.
I should really look into getting new friends.

>> No.9314013

My best guy friend is a cuck and it would easier for me to handle it if he just admits it already
>new girlfriend
>crazy as fuck
>listen to his whining about how she mistreats him
>she broke up with him
>gets mad and said that it was just a suggestion
>flats out ignore him and hangs out with other dudes
>call him her bf
>back together

If I have to do another shitty ass pow wow session about how she keeps mistreating and emasculates him, I'm not gonna listen to it.

Fucking hate territorial girls or them gamer gurl xds

>> No.9314018

>>9313692
Not everyone picks each item because they think they're cute, a lot of people know that they're half-assing it or making do with what they had even if they'd prefer something else and crit just acts as a reminder that that'd be a good thing to focus on to improve.

There is really sanctimonious crit out there that's just anons talking about their personal taste, but it's not like every item in a coord is always a considered decision aligning perfectly with what a girl likes.

>> No.9314019

>>9313692
i would look at it objectively, but also it depends on where it was said (cgl, FB, reddit, tumblr, discord, irl) and how they said it. if it was on fb and i thought that girl's taste was shit, i probably wouldn't take her advice, sry2say. but i'd take most people's advice into consideration and ask why they didn't like x item -- did it not fit with the coord?, they're just ugly?, etc.

most people just improve over time by lurking and seeing new coords and getting inspiration. also, by talking to other lolitas. plus, the items themselves are important but makeup and hair is a HUGE part of it.

>> No.9314038

>attend second con ever last weekend
>attempted to dress in pleb cosplay, "just for fun"
>plan to meet this guy I had been chatting with for a while on Saturday
>it's his first con ever and has no idea what to expect
>he arrived on Friday night because he "couldn't wait to meet me"
>instant connection, perfect 10/10 on both sides
>hold hands all day Saturday, except when people (surprisingly) asked to take my picture and he respectively stepped out of the shot
>he was very reluctant to leave Saturday night, but we have been texting non-stop since
>already making plans for couple cosplays for the next con this summer
>he owns a 3D printer and is already making suggestions to help me make props and things
>feel the happiest I have ever felt in the last half decade

I no longer feel bitter and empty. We already have inside jokes and make each other laugh so much. I always doubted the possibly of "soulmates" but now I'm a believer. The best part is, I know the feeling is mutual.

>> No.9314045

>>9313839
I always think gothic looks great on babyfaced girls, cute and spooky at the same time is part of the aesthetic.

>> No.9314047

>>9313954
Sleeping burns calories, it just burns less than being active would.

>> No.9314052
File: 774 KB, 276x220, animatedazn.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9313867
>yes of course I want to have sex (who doesn't)
I just said I don't...

>> No.9314060

>>9314000
Blusher is the key IMHO and absolutely do not follow current trends for contouring the hollows of your cheeks if you already have a skinny or masculine face, it'll either make you look skeletal or like a guy. I'm not particularly androgynous but contouring or draping always makes me look manly. Try a few different blusher application techniques and placements to see what has the best effect at rounding out your face.

CBA searching out a cosplay/jfash specific video but try a few of these to see what looks best.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4GiCywMi38
(this video actually doesn't include typical jfash style blush right under the eyes, so you can try that too)

Another good thing about blusher is that it's one of those products where you don't have to get something super expensive to look good. Ignore advice on mimicking your natural flush and try a few colours out until you find what looks best on you (I got some from MUA lately that were nice even though they're super cheap). Using powder blush and a make-up brush is going to be easiest to achieve different effects with for cosplay - for lighter skintones, something like a peach/orange, a pale and hot pink and a reddish blush are probably going to cover most bases.

Also try seeing if light or heavy layers look better - heavy blush is popular in jfash for the cute effect but like >>9313991 said, going too heavy might make you look more like a drag queen. Pinks with a bit of shimmer in them are also very cute, but shimmers might look juvenile or drag on you as well so YMMV.

>> No.9314072

>>9314060
You're a life saver, anon. I do have some blush but it's either in a very subtle natural color or a bright pink that I was always under the impression would make me look like a clown. All the makeup I do (which is rare aside from BB cream/foundation/powder/etc) is subtle just because I was never taught how to do makeup or anything and the other women in the family don't wear it aside from the basics.

Believe me I won't even touch contouring because I haven't the faintest clue how to even do it and I have a feeling it'll do like you say and just make matters worse.

Well, if all goes well and I feel a lot better about myself I'll selfpost the progress with a before and after. I don't often do that outside of the crossplay topic and that's all FtM character stuff.

>> No.9314078

>>9314072
I mean, not all contouring is bad since it adds depth back to your face after applying foundation (should have clarified), but trying to highlight your cheekbones by putting an artificial shadow in the hollows of your cheeks is something you should absolutely avoid.

I was scared of hot pink blush at first too but it's more natural worn than it looks. I'm glad I could help - I've been going through the process of learning how to do natural, cute make-up in the past couple of years too, since in high school I rarely wore it and always looked flat when I did because I never used blusher.

>> No.9314081

>>9314038
I know this feeling, anon. And I'm really, really happy for you. Soulmates do exist, not as in something pre-destined or some 'there can only be one' scenario, but sometimes you find someone you click with so well on very level that it's truly magical. I wish you luck!

>> No.9314104

>>9314081
Thank you! It still feels so surreal.. I honestly though I met "the one (who was good enough)" for me, but he was basically garbage and I was generally just making excuses for how shit he truly was
>he discouraged me from cosplaying for years, because it was strange and he didn't understand it
>he often took over the consoles, so I couldn't play much vidya while with him
>anime was basically outlawed at my apartment
>called my manga garbage and hid most of my collection from me
>ended up cheating on me last year after 3 years of dating
But this new guy is a trip. He doesn't know much about anime but he is very open-minded and since we already enjoy most of the same tv shows and music that not a lot of people around here know (like MST3k and psychobilly), I am excited to see what we could do together in the future.

>> No.9314108
File: 248 KB, 417x439, meanie.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>meet grill at out-of-state con
>chat with her online
>hit it off; perfect gf material
>she lives 20 hours away

Maybe I should take that baggage handler job, so I can fly to see her for free.

>> No.9314114

>>9313998
Run. Run from this as fast as you can.Everything else you mentioned about acid and stuff coupled with the way he treats you and what hes doing on fb seems like he likes you but hes trying to lock you down while he dicks around with other girls. Imho hes opening the door for flirting and maybe cheating on you with thinner girls. He wants the fantasy of being sexual with a thinner girl but isnt strong enough to break things off with you. I think hes using you or gonna use you for the good person he sees you as but wants a fantasy about being with others in some capacity. He says he doesnt know if he loves you but plans a year in the future? Hell no. Break things off before he cheats or continues the bullshit on fb. Nobody deserves to be treated like that anon hes clearly not really into you. I hope you can avoid being cheated on but to me it really seems like thats whats gonna go down.

>> No.9314117

I just went to a con and even though it was snowing it was pretty alright, joined a their facebook page and i was able to go with a group. We even went to karaoke which I normally dont do.

Also i didnt entirely stutter the second time i acted during a larp at our con and our small little con in nj supposedly came close to magfest this year so thats great even though it snowed.

>> No.9314119
File: 22 KB, 481x438, 0a3dee45bb755706db7605158477420e.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Decide to finally learn how to draw
>Everything looks like weeb art

Well, you have to start somewhere. Few years forward and I can finally draw my waifus

>> No.9314126

>>9313111
>All the physical stats are fine
>"I feel so big,even huge sometimes"
I think you might got body dysmorphia, you have to get it checked out

>> No.9314131
File: 277 KB, 612x344, image.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9311176
This is why you women are fat, you got tricked into thinking dieting or intermittent fasting is a disease.

You're all such special snowflakes and need to have at least one label attached to you, how else can compete in the victim olympics?

There's fat people here right now who actually identify as anorexic/bulimic, if you were you wouldn't be fat stupid. You're as crazy as other "transabled" people like pic related.

Stay fat.

>> No.9314138

>>9313693
You mean a literal tapeworm, or what?

>> No.9314148

>>9313867
>another option would be rape a woman, but that's wrong, and I am too weak for that...

Please start lifting weights and revenge rape any loose women.

These women will promiscuously have sex with attractive high-status men, but not even give you the time of day. No reason to feel bad about raping them, they've had sex with dozens of different men, you deserve your turn.

>> No.9314149

>>9314038
>I no longer feel bitter and empty
I hope one day I'll get there too.

>> No.9314166

>>9314114
Not really, he doesnt talk to any other girls. He's more interested in drugs though. Plus he spends every time he gets with me so I guess that would be nearly impossible for him to cheat on me. He's not the kind of cheater - he's more afraid that I'd cheat on him.

>> No.9314175

>>9314166
>he's more afraid that I'd cheat on him
Probably projecting his own insecurities, people who don't have the impulse to cheat don't usually worry you'll cheat on them unless they've been damaged by an ex.

>> No.9314186

>>9314175
>people who don't have the impulse to cheat don't usually worry you'll cheat on them unless they've been damaged by an ex.

Complete bullshit, a man who would never cheat, and who has never been cheated on before, should still be rightfully concerned about his girlfriend/wife cheating.

Throughout most of history women faced severe punishment for cheating, adultery could be punished with death. Now women can freely cheat in the western world with no punishment, and in fact in the divorce could even be rewarded custody of the children, the man's house, and half the man's money.

In the sexual marketplace women are in far higher demand, there will always be men competing to have sex with them. Combine that with the current adulterous feminist modern society, a man who isn't concerned about his girlfriend/wife cheating isn't a man at all.

>> No.9314197

>>9314186
When the fuck did this place turn into the red pill? Don't you need to be obsessing over your T levels or your muscles or something? The internet is for weak betas, remember?

>> No.9314216
File: 27 KB, 500x300, anime-girl-black-and-white-sad-school-uniform-Favim_com-3990756.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

> relatively known on the east cost cosplay scene
> ppl only see my follower count and never get to know me
> ppl either too intimidated to get close to me or use me to gain notoriety
> paranoid of everyone in the community because of being used too many times
> come off snobbish because I don't get close to people other than my close friends
>losexlose

>> No.9314218

>>9314131
bulimics can be fat though. Anorexics can't.

>> No.9314289

>>9314148
>Please start lifting weights and revenge rape any loose women.
sorry, to lazy doing that

>> No.9314301

>>9312772
you need therapy, that isn't normal

>> No.9314320

>>has friend who just got out of horrible and abusive relationship that she lied to all her friends about until she got evidence he was cheating on her
>>she jumped immediately into a new relationship with a new creeper looser
>>always says she wants to hang out
>>awesome, these are the days im free
>>literally almost everday since i usually work mornings
>>she never makes plans
>>if she does, cancels on me claiming shes gotta meet her family suddenly
>>i know shes blowing me off to see her boyfriend
>>i also know she's super depressed based on what she messages me and posts on her fb
>>not a damn thing I can do about it since she wont hang out or talk about it bc shes determined to pretend shes in a fiary tale perfect relationship until the guy cheats on her.

...quit dating looser, please, just be since for a while or get to know the fucker first.
QUIT DATING 24 YR OLD GUYS THAT LIVE WITH THEIR PARENTS OMG

>> No.9314324

>>9314320
...sigh, I spelled 'losers' wrong multiple times...
damn

>>losers*
>>Fairytale*

>> No.9314325
File: 197 KB, 605x490, tumblr_ojh8t2xBy31tjyeywo6_1280.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>stuck at shitty job
>can't afford to move out
>want to get out of my relationship
>can't enjoy any of my old hobbies anymore
>shopping is one of the few things I still feel happy about
>constantly anxious because no money
>no energy to do anything to fix this shit

I should probably see someone about this but I don't have the energy to leave the house except for when I actually have to

>> No.9314328

>>9314301
Nah, I'd say that's pretty normal. A while ago near my period, I started crying with happiness because I saw a picture of dogs in a ball pit.

>> No.9314339

>>9314320
>QUIT DATING 24 YR OLD GUYS THAT LIVE WITH THEIR PARENTS OMG

Yep, unless a man has enough money for it to make sense to buy/rent a house at 24 years old in the current western world, he's a loser.

"I'm not a whore though, I would just never be with a man unless he has a high enough financial status"

Yes, you are quite literally a whore/prostitute.

>> No.9314347

I had a cold sore crop up the week before a con, but it just returned near the old spot today, right as I was getting ready for an interview. I didn't do so hot at the testing portion, but at least they were nice enough to invite me back to try again.

That aside, I'm pretty bummed that in spite of taking precautions from con-crud, my immune system still managed to take a dive.

>> No.9314352

>>9314320
24 isn't even that old... that's a couple years out of college, tops. fuck if you have loans and can that's the SMART thing to do

>> No.9314358

>>9313998
>>9314166
What kind of behavior makes you think he is addicted?
How often does he use these drugs and does he get visibly nervous or cranky if he hasn't used any in a while?
Acid is not addictive, but pot, pills and amphetamines are increasingly more likely to get someone hooked (in that order).
If he actually can't function or be happy without using these drugs (often) it would be best to get out of the relationship while you can.
The dependencies and emotional manipulation of a drug addict is no joke.

>> No.9314367
File: 1.99 MB, 350x197, 1478073291705.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>gf said she'd help me with my crossplay makeup

>> No.9314370

>>9314339
>>9314352
Its really weird for me to see the people that shit on being out of high school and still with your parents. My families dynamic has always been loving and close knit so I was never kicked out at 18 or told I had to be out. I moved out when I could and moved back in when I couldnt.

My dad loves me and wants me to know that I will never be homeless. My cousin lives with our grandparents right now and its great for them to have her and her kid so close!

My dad also understands and encourages me to save my money while im in college. He thinks the idea of me moving out while im still in school is frankly retarded.

>tfw my family loves me and supports me
>tfw people think im creepy or a leach even though I work, go to school, and buy my own shit

also to keep it cgl related
>tfw I finally bought a hoop skirt to give me an extra boost of poof and I love it

>> No.9314373

>>9314325
You can either choose to see someone and start making changes or choose to stay exactly where you are, anon. It's your own fault if things don't get better.

>> No.9314374

>>9312940
>I kind of feel like a piece of shit because I wish my girlfriend would lose a little weight or at least pretend to eat better but I have no idea how to address it without coming off like a dick.

Try and make it a group thing between you and her.

Like, you are both going to eat better and do some gym. Maybe cook some good meals for her.

>> No.9314376

>>9311270
>>Not a licensed professional

I have bipolar type I, I'm lucky enough to have early onset so I've had it since I was 12. I'll be honest it sounds a bit like you have bipolar, but the manias don't sound severe enough. Honestly, when I get mania I go through money like it's nothing. Some people go on huge binges of different things but it's usually really detrimental. Yours doesn't sound all that bad to be honest, but it does sound like a mania so if you do have bipolar it's the less serve type 2. If you're concerned enough go see a licensed professional, but it's going to be a long road until a. you get diagnosed and b. you get meds that sorta kinda help.Also to be honest if you're bipolar you're incredibly sucidial, or at least if you have type one you typically are. I've been seeing doctors since I was 11 and it's a fucking journey let me tell you that. Good luck though.

>> No.9314377

>>9314320
>>9314339

My cousin didn't move out until he was 28 because of debt from optometry school, but he was actually pretty successful and bought a house once he saved up for it. He's the most normalfag dude now with a wife and two really cute well behaved kids now, and with a successful practice which keeps him busier than he wants to. Different strokes for different people.

My friend's brother took a while to move out as he didn't do great in school and took a while finding a career he liked. But once he found that career, everything took off. I wouldn't consider him a 'loser' either, just a late grower. Same with my friend actually. She majored in history, couldn't get a job, stayed with her parents who are loving and kind, worked at programming, and is now employed at google. She's my age, which is 25, and it took her a while to find herself, so clearly she's not successful at all.

Defining success as doing x by y age is the stupidest shit I see here on /cgl/, or in general.

>> No.9314380

>>9314373
I'm 100% aware of that, but finding the energy to even get out of bed is hard but if I don't do it I'll always hate myself
Everything just turns into bad cycle
>no energy to do something
>get anxious about not having done that thing
>gets even less energy to do whatever

Kids, never become like me
It's no fun

>> No.9314381

>>9314186
Understand that it takes two to tango. The men they cheated with are equally guilty. You think those men aren't aware they are with someone? This is where 'if they are willing to cheat with you, they are willing to cheat on you,' comes into play.

>> No.9314387

>>9314166
This isn't true anon. I lived with my partner for 5 1/2 years, and he spent 'every bit of time he had' with me. One day, he came home from work and I was wasn't home. I was upstairs with a neighbor discussing getting vinyl stickers created because they had bought a machine. First time I'd ever even ventured in this neighbor's house. They freaked out and accused me of cheating. I was devastated. I rarely ever talked to people as it was. Worse, they went and asked the landlord if I was cheating. Cut to two years later, it turned out they were cheating on me. Sometimes if someone is accusing you of cheating, they are projecting the fact they would upon you, and it terrifies them. I'm not saying he is cheating, and sometimes it really is insecurity. Don't believe they can't get the chance just because you 'see them in their free time'.

>> No.9314392

>>9314380
I made my comment as someone who lived in that cycle for years. You have to make the choice and forcibly MAKE yourself do these things, or you'll keep making the same excuse forever. If you're aware of it, and not making yourself do these things despite being tired has never worked before, do something different. It's difficult, I don't mean to make it sound like it's not; again, I went through it for YEARS and wasted my twenties being anxious and severely depressed. When you do things, you like yourself more, and a professional can help you. Speaking from experience, you're going to hate yourself more the longer you avoid doing these things and look back on all the time you wasted.

>> No.9314393

>>9314000
If you think you look cute when other people do your makeup then the way you do your makeup is the issue. Ask a friend who has done your makeup to sit down one day and explain what and why they are doing what they do. You'll learn some things!

>> No.9314395

>>9314381
>The men they cheated with are equally guilty.

I don't like these guys either, but a single man having sex with a woman who's married isn't nearly as bad as a wife who cheats with that man.

In Ancient Rome a man who found his wife sleeping with another man was legally permitted to kill them both if he wanted to.

>This is where 'if they are willing to cheat with you, they are willing to cheat on you,' comes into play.

Of course, I really hope that a wife who cheats ends up with the kind of guy who fucks people's wives, know why? They're going to cheat on her or leave her the second something better comes along, exactly what these stupid bitches deserve.

>> No.9314398

>>9312924
Those are all red flags and you haven't given us any indication there's anything good about this relationship.
Get the fuck out, you know you need to.
He doesn't love you, he's an addict, he's probably using you until he can upgrade, and he's never gonna do any of that shit in a year. All of those things especially what he's saying to you about love and then making long term plans is bordering on emotional abuse, and is definitely emotional manipulation even if he doesn't see it that way. It's like how he doesn't see his drug issues as addiction, but I know very few people who use that much stuff and aren't addicted to at least one of those things, even if they are like "I only use if I'm stressed" or "I only use if..." and somehow the if circumstance is every week, it's your fault for "stressing me out" or they find another excuse.

>> No.9314402 [DELETED] 

>>9314395
No, it's equally guilty. Whether it is a woman cheating with a man who has a spouse, or a man cheating with a woman who has a spouse... they are equally guilty and should feel like terrible human beings.

They can't put themselves on a pedestal and say, 'Well, I only fuck taken women, but I myself am not taken so I'm better in some way then them.' Whatever happened in ancient Rome does not change this moral fact.

>> No.9314412

>>9314395
No, it's equally guilty. Whether it is a woman cheating with a man who has a spouse, or a man cheating with a woman who has a spouse... they are equally guilty and should feel like terrible human beings.

They can't put themselves on a pedestal and say, 'Well, I only fuck taken women, but I myself am not taken so I'm better in some way then them.' I'm actually not sure why you mention ancient Rome. They also didn't permit wives to kill their cheating husbands more then likely.

>> No.9314425

>>9314412
>'Well, I only fuck taken women, but I myself am not taken so I'm better in some way then them.'

They can, they're two different crimes. A wife cheating has committed a crime far worse than the single man who slept with her.

The wife is the one who decided to betray her husband and destroy a marriage. The man is just looking for sex, and if he didn't do it, then she would just cheat with someone else anyway.

>> No.9314431

>>9314425
No, he's equally guilty. He is just as much a miscreant as she is. Just because she'd go ahead and do it with someone else doesn't make it any more acceptable.

By the power of all the salt contained within /cgl/, I banish anyone who has willingly slept with a taken person to a lifetime of only finding cheating, terrible partners regardless of gender.

>> No.9314446

>>9314431
My dude, it's shitty to sleep with someone who is in an exclusive relationship, but surely you can see how the person in the relationship is more at fault. They're the ones who are breaking an agreement with their partner. The outside person is definitely doing a bad thing worth judgment, but they did not make any arrangements with anyone or specifically say they wouldn't do something. I'm not even the person you're talking to, and I think either being the cheater or the cheatee is super shitty and wouldn't date someone who had done either, but they aren't equal.