[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 145 KB, 648x431, 26320.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9399412 No.9399412 [Reply] [Original]

>>9371906

Last one autosaged.

>> No.9399425

Just want to say thanks to the NYC mod who started making public meets. I know the NYC drama thread was a shit show but we really appreciate you putting in effort into making this comm better.

>> No.9399437

Does anyone else have that one group in their comm that only seem to go to meets to take pictures for Instagram and then take turns to all compliment each other. I think some of them refer to each other more by their Instagram names than their real names.

>> No.9399460

>>9399437
Not in my comm but it does remind me of that scene in Deerstalkers with Milkyfawn.

>> No.9399487

>>9399437
Almost everyone I know posts pics from recent meets on Insta, but I don't think they go to meets just to take pictures. Our comm is not huge and we all follow each other. I think it's just nice to like or complement each others coords, builds a good comm atmosphere.

>> No.9399501

>>9399425
I mean the first one was a crowd of the usuals at the tea party. But the second one sees friendly. Just sucks they needed to feel warm under the peter pan collar to get their shit together.

Their obligation to their image as this perfect comm still outweighs any motivation to make it a perfect comm.

>> No.9399516

Any fun, non-traditional meet ideas? My comm is getting a little tired of the cafe/high tea/museums/themed party/movie circuit.

>> No.9399517

>>9399501
>first one was a crowd of the usuals

Yeah makes me wonder if they planned it, but its probably just because those are the rich girls who can drop reservation $$ instantly on a spot.

Like I'm just glad Y is making an effort. I don't know how much she actually cares for the comm vs her image, but she seems to be the only who is doing something vs just whining.

>> No.9399518

Does anyone know anything about the Los Angeles Lolita community? Is it worth getting to know them or is there a lot of drama? For a big city I don't hear much about them, which I suppose is a good thing.

>> No.9399535

>>9399518
This gets asked every fucking thread. Check last thread and the archives. FFS.

>> No.9399536

>>9399517
The tea party was sold out in under an hour. I'm thinking it had to be pre-announced to that inner crowd.

That aside. I'm looking forward to SM. Was hoping to run to to NY local gulls and lone lolita rather than the usual cliques

>> No.9399546

>>9399536
Join the fashion show. Lots of people say it's cringe but it is the best way to meet a lot of lolitas and make friends. Yeah there are some itas every year but also some amazingly dressed girls. I find that is where a lot of the cliques intertwine.

>> No.9399556

>>9399536
Ok I'm glad I'm not the only one who had that suspicion.. Like "see we made a public meet but I guess its only our friends that paid and want to go"

>> No.9399569

>>9399516
Mod of an average-sized comm here! I'm giving you a few suggestions at the top of my mind of things that have been done in my comm or that people have suggested we do in the future :
(sorry about the long post)
Bowling
Karaoke (ideally with private rooms)
Laser tag
Treasure hunt or photo-rally across the city
Indoors ice skating
Escape room
Go apple-picking in the fall
Playing board games or card games (lolita-themed or not)
Craft/sewing meet. You can either have someone teach everybody a new technique (embroidery, felting...) or make the same item (writcuffs, beret decorating) or each bring your personal projects to work on
Going to a shooting range/archery range/axe throwing range
Hair/makeup workshop where you all teach each other your tips and tricks
Botanical garden, aquarium, farmette or zoo visit
Ghost tours
18+ : visiting a winery/brewery, going to a burlesque show in ero lolita, have a drink at a place with cute cocktails
Swap meet to buy, sell and trade dresses
Going to a fair or festival in your town
Keep an eye out for the public events hosted by other street fashion communities in your area (other j-fashions, goth, steampunk), a lot of the time they will be happy to have you and it makes a great excuse for crossover coords.
Also, themed meets depending on the place you're going and the time of the year can always be fun! (making the theme non mandatory so that everyone can attend)

>> No.9399834

Really am tired of SQ in HLC. She got into a bitch fit because the other Houston comm scheduled their meet the same as their Easter meet up. I was so uncomfortable at the meet and greet she hosted as well. She has fucking ADD or something because she kept missing at the mall and forced us to play in the cold. We're freezing our asses of playing stupid games...

>> No.9399860

>>9399437
My comm has meets where they do end up being a photoshoot. Everyone asking for their photo to be taken and to take selfies. Can last an hour or be the whole meet depending on where and what the meet is.

>> No.9399883

>>9399569
New tag... I'm taking these ideas :3

>>9399834
I'm sorry anon. I heard about this. :( I hope next meet treats you well. I don't think there's any conflict going on but I have been hearing rumors that Stevie is being a cunt. Not just towards HLS mods but others too.

>> No.9400218

>>9399546
I've actually done it before and was planning on applying in a few days when I get my camera lol

I did it two years ago and the only person I could talk to was a girl who didn't exactly know what lolita was at the time but she was very sweet and eager to learn via the show. Other than that it was awkward jojo posing from the cliques and loners who knew better and kept to themselves.

>>9399556
There's no way it couldn't be. As a mod I'm sure she pitched the ideas to her friends first who immediately put up the money. Save like the last few seats, the waiting list is everyone who caught the post in time and could immediately pay up.

I don't care either way. I can't go to these first come first serve event because my last sale on lacemarket fucked up my PayPal til may. Which made me realize how unfair it was to those without PayPal but had money.

>> No.9400240

>>9400218
They wouldn't allow venmo or anything? Unfortunate

>> No.9400252

>>9399834
What's SQ doing in Houston? Doesn't he play music on the internet on a show called Midnight Snacks?

>> No.9400262

>>9400252
wrong SQ. nice attempt at a namedrop tho.

>> No.9400279

>>9400252
Who is this?

>> No.9400387

>>9400252
No you're thinking of Goku Sanchez

>> No.9400453

>>9399834
This is why I stay in the other comm.

>> No.9400494

>>9399834
Her attitude is so annoying. She's much older than the other comm members and feels like she has to be bitchy towards everyone. You would think an almost 30 year old woman would have better things to do than boss around younger high school/college age people.

>> No.9400506

>>9399437
We certainly have this group of girls who are popular online and care more about doing photo-worthy things than actually interacting with the rest of the comm. One meetup organised by one of these girls we ended up spending two hours in front of a building taking coord shots and selfies - yet no group shot. The building was right at a very busy street in the middle of downtown and we were super exposed to the midday weekend foot traffic and kept being approached by random people asking wtf was going on and taking photos without asking. I'm not someone who cares about posting to COF and was standing to the side in a rather toned-down outfit so I was the one constantly being approached by curious people asking for an explanation. When I go out in lolita alone I never get this much attention. It felt kind of like being roped into a street performance against my will. It made me so uncomfortable and, being super introverted, I was exhausted before the meetup even really got started. At least some girls got a coord picture with a fancy backdrop, though.

>> No.9400511

>>9399516
Aquarium, laser tag, at our recent meet we got together and played Pokémon go.

>> No.9400517

>>9400494
Wait what?! Stevie's that fucking old? BITCH TOLD ME SHE WAS 24.

>> No.9400521

Hi! NY Gull here. I tend to keep to myself. As people have said, it's probably for the better.

>> No.9400589

I feel like there are only 2-3 good lolita's in my community, myself included. I'm sick of seeing ita-tastic coordinates at meets, half assed bullshit. even the "special" group have so many ita's i don't even want to join them, even though its damn tempting

>> No.9400635

>>9400589
Feel this. There are only like 4-5 good lolitas in this COUNTRY. Everyone else is a cosplay mess. It's a pity.

>> No.9401428

>>9400453
The other comm isn't that much better, but it's improving. Be careful though, a few of those mods aren't perfect angels either.

>> No.9401500

>>9401428
In my honest opinion HLS mods are alright compared to the HLC mods, they're pretty chill. But seriously it's better than being apart of HLC, the drama is getting to be a bit much. HLS is not perfect of course but at least they're trying their best I guess.

>> No.9401599
File: 98 KB, 709x765, 608.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

> blogpost incoming

I'm a lone lolita and my city/country has a comm but from what I've seen it's mildly ita so I'd rather not join. I also recently found out that some extremely well dressed and slightly e-famous (because of good coords, not because of drama) lolitas live in my city. I don't actively browse the comm's social media but at least when I stumble upon their pics, those well-dressed lolitas are never on them.

> tfw I'd like to get to know them but can't approach them since I don't have any social media

> tfw forever alonelita

>> No.9401609

>>9401428
The only one I can think of is K. She gets offended by everything but at least apologizes. I don't think they're perfect but none of them are lying, manipulative bitches like SQ

>> No.9401619

What are the communities in SEast UK (outside London) like? I saw a lolita on the train last week and my lone lolita heart skipped a beat.

>> No.9401655

>>9401599
This is why I always tell people in your situation to just join the damn comm. Clearly there are well dressed people around but they don't have the chance to see each other. Be a visible well dressed person. Maybe you will attract more of the same. I hate when people bitch about how ita the comm is without joining or doing anything to improve the lolita community in their location.

>> No.9401659

>>9401609
Although she has a tone, she's pretty sweet.

>> No.9401662

>>9401609
Seriously what evidence you have to back up that claim about SQ? Geuinely interested. You can't point fingers at SQ and let K get away with being an actual cunt. She's blocked so many of her fellow comm members, including me, over the stupidest and smallest shit. Most comm members in both HLS and HLC either avoid her or outright hate her for her shitty attitude. Honestly wouldn't be surprised if one of y'all is K talking shit or selfposting.

>> No.9401679

>>9399536
>once attended an NYCgulls meetup
>only like 6-7 girls total showed up
>2 girls didn't talk the whole time
>2 annoying itas who didn't wanna talk about anything but CGL and dramu
Honestly with how awkward that meet was I don't blame people for sticking with their cliques or lonelita-ing, I love CGL but so many of us are better behind the keyboard.

>> No.9401696

>>9401655
huh... I guess I really needed to hear that. Thanks anon, now I feel more confident about joining the comm!

>> No.9401711

My tiny local comm went to cat show on Saturday and an old man came up and showed us photos he took of the Portland comm. They must have been to a cat show in the Portland area too.

>> No.9401953

>>9401662
K is too proud to be here. So she wouldn't give it the time or day to salty bitches. She has a stick up her ass but she still doesn't spread false rumors. You want proof? Tell her to take out her fucking ID and stop telling people she's in her twenties. You want proof? Talk to the Japanese Festival staff and let them tell you the reason why she didn't get to host the J-Fashion show. You want proof? Why is she throwing shade at the HLS Mods on her personal fb. She was the one starting shit and putting everyone on blast and still acts all innocent. She's nothing but a lying and manipulative bitch. It would not surprise me either if she's the one starting crap on this thread and making it seem people are "attacking" her just so she can be relevant. She's even a proud "salt mom" which she didn't shut up about at the meet and greet.

>> No.9402011

>>9401953
She's still in her twenties. Want proof? Her birth year is on her FB profile. Also, you must not have any context as to how we and the Q's were treated both years by the Japanese Festival. I was in several of the Festival's Jfashion shows shows and no matter who is running it, the Festival screws them over. Were you not there to see what happened when Kate W was in charge? Obviously not, because we were treated TERRIBLY. SQ left, the show wasn't taken from her - take it from someone who has seen the Festival show's drama unfold over a few years. Facts. Throwing shade at HLS mods? Please, please provide screen caps because that's a giant fucking lie. What happened with the planning conflict was an accident and you can easily check the event page and HLC page with Zaid's comments to see that there was no "drama". So try again. "Salt mom" is a damn joke. They have this thing where comm members throughout the South call them their parentals, it's an ongoing joke that pretty much everyone knows about. It seems to me that you're either a salty member of HLS who has a vendetta/reason to clear K's shitty reputation or some newb to the comm who has a stick up their ass. Get over yourself. Honestly, you sound like you're K or Neko.

>> No.9402065

>>9402011
I volunteered last year at the Japanese Festival. SQ stopped working with us because she was bad mouthing Dugfinn. That's not a lie. Whatever happened between the staff is on them but that was going around for awhile....

>> No.9402070

>>9402011
You know people lie on the internet right?

>> No.9402095

>>9402011
Dropping names and accusing others. Are you sure you're not SQ? K does talk shit here I'll give you that. I don't know the other one to be honest. She always seems quiet.

>> No.9402148

>>9402011
Lmao is this Bree

>> No.9402200

>>9402011
Shut the fuck up Bree. They talk shit about you too.

>> No.9402268

>>9402011
Sounds like it. Show me the receipts where SQ hasn't? Please prove me wrong because even Dugfin has heard about SQ's fucking mouth. Most of this shit might be lies, but it doesn't hide the fact that SQ is seriously deluded. Sounds like you are too.

I also live in the south, no one says that shit honey. No one.

>> No.9402338

>>9402011
HLS doesn't do anything so stop dragging them into your fucking drama.

>> No.9402692

>>9399518
Majority are nice

>> No.9402890

Not from HLC but from a com SQ was in before. I was an ita those days and our com was a mess, but SQ was always genuinely nice to me and everyone. One of the few legitimately nice-to-everyone people we had those days. We had a nasty spread lies about her and I think since she was newer at the time, she's had a hard time shaking them.
I'm not anywhere near HLC so I don't know what's going on there, but I find it hard to believe she'd drastically changed.

She's definitely in her 20's, lol. I've also seen/heard mutual friends refer to her as 'salt mom' in an endearing sense.

sage to not bump drama

>> No.9402977

>>9402890
I don't find it that hard to believe but it could be a stretch. More than one person has claim this and when I went to the source, said source claimed that SQ was not being the nice person ever.

>> No.9402987

I don't even think there is a comm in my small ass town. So I'm a lone lolita.. And if there was it would be ita tastic.

>> No.9403022

>>9402890
If source is H, H is crazy. This is common knowledge. Idk about any other issue.

>> No.9403874

Is it worth trying to start a local community? I know there are several lolitas in my city and doing a search, I couldn't find any establish lolita communities in my entire state.
What do they usually even do?

>> No.9403961

>>9402987
Usually there is one or two statewide comms. Congratulations, you are the ita comm in your town.

>> No.9403971

>>9403874
Usually comms are for making meetups and finding lolitas nearby. If you want to meet lolitas near you and don't mind managing a community. Keep in mind that you would probably have to host the first couple of meets, be prepared for itas because you can't kick them out. Be prepared to screen for creeps.

You should prepare to commit to it for a little while since you can't just make a comm and leave if you discover it's all itas.

>> No.9406553

>>9400218
It's such a shame, I had the money but caught the post too late and am on the waitlist.

>> No.9406665

>>9403961
Unless you live in Texas or California, where there's a comm for every major city, XP

>> No.9406673

>>9399834
HLS scheduled their easter meet first so she only had herself/hlc to blame for the controversy.

What I want to know is who's sick she sucked to get oni

>> No.9406847
File: 72 KB, 564x469, a8d5fbe02d2634840f71bf2396a142b3.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

How often do you and/or the people in your comm rewear coordinates and main pieces to meetups? I have a mid size wardrobe and my comm is very active so I'm approaching, and wanting to, rewear some of my favorite coords. I usually have no problem re-wearing them when on my own or with friends, but I'm a tad embarrassed doing so with my comm.

>> No.9406853

>>9406847
As often as they want. No one gives a shit as long as you look nice. They are clothes. Meant to be reworn.

>> No.9406854

>>9406853
I totally get that, and like i said, i re-wear them often on my own. I'm just wondering specifically about how often others do it specifically for meet ups.

>> No.9406888

>>9406854
I think you're expecting people to notice/care more than they realistically would. No one is going to take a mental inventory of your previous coords and judge you for it. If they do, they're the weird one and not you.

>> No.9407001

>>9406854
I've seen a few people in comms I've been in rewear coords, and at least three or four non-itas who wore the same one or two dresses to multiple meets in a row (usually OTT sweet girls on a tight budget who have a couple of AP coords and nothing else).

There's one dress in particular that I've worn to five different meets with three different comms in really similar coords, I just didn't post pictures online after the first time. Most people didn't even notice. Usually people remember the dress and not the coord, so even if you make an effort to switch the coord up the second time, all they'll remember is that you're wearing the same print.

>> No.9407006

>>9407001
Thanks, this is the kind of answer I was looking for! Would you say people usually care or mention it?

>> No.9407523
File: 277 KB, 1440x1267, steviebitchingagain.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9406673
She sounded so fucking butthurt.....

>> No.9407527

>>9406673
Whose dick did she suck? Kek Here's hoping she was actually being nice and not talking shit about or screwing them over.
>They are not welcomed for J-Fest
>They are not welcomed at Comicpalooza

HLC is literally ruining everything. We may not have John or AM involved but this comm is already being ruined by the mods.

Same fucking shit. Different person. That's literally what this is.

>> No.9407529

>>9407527
*Staff members

>> No.9407611

>>9406847
I re-wear dresses at least twice a year but try to mix up the coord itself so it's not 100% the same. My comm just announced a meetup with a theme that I have one specific coord for, but I wore that coord to the last meetup already. I'm going to see if I can play around with hairstyle, head accessory and footwear so I won't be wearing the exact same coord twice in a row. Most people probably won't notice, but I will.

There are a few girls in my community who only have like two dresses that they wear over and over again and I personally don't care. The only one who bothers me is the brolita who has one ugly Bodyline coord that he never deviates from, even a little buit. It gives me the impression he sees lolita as more of a tea party costume than as a fashion.

>> No.9407784

>>9406847
I've never repeated a coord entirely but it's because I've only been in the fashion about a year and change and have only been just honing in on a style I really like. I'd have no qualms about repeating a coord though, and certainly rewear main pieces as often as I want to. Friends in my comm have repeated coords, and no one cares. One of my regrets about when I first started is that I was so afraid of repeating a coord that I wore some halfassed, bad ones for the sake of wearing something new.

>> No.9407820

>>9407006
No, as long as you don't wear the same dress more than 2 times in a row, most people won't even realize it, much less mention it.
Personally, I would find it a bit weird if someone wore the exact same coord more than twice and would assume that they don't care enough about lolita to switch it up a bit. But I would never mention it or give them a hard time, because most likely money is an issue in this case, and I wouldn't want to embarrass them by pointing this out.
Especially when it comes to new lolitas, people tend to just ignore re-worn dresses. Nobody expects that you buy a new dress for every single meetup. With people who have been in the fashion for a few years, it might be a bit weird if you only own and wear 3 dresses, but, as I said, since monetary issues are likely to be the reason, people don't mention it either.

>> No.9408480

>>9407820
Really? I'm in the fashion for many years now and wear it quite regular and honestly I don't bother or I'm too lazy to change my coord, so I actually re-wear the exact same outfits. When I was a newbie I always tried to change my outfits a little bit even when my wardrobe was small, but now I guess I'm not so much interested in "creating" outfits anymore, I just want to wear them and look pretty.

And at the end of the day it's just clothes, maybe you are also very fashionable outside of Lolita fashion, but I don't really have time or energy to put effort into my everyday normie wardrobe, so like many other people I wear the same outfits as well, so for me it's no big deal if someone does it in Lolita fashion as well.

>> No.9410088

>>9400506
Funny. And girls are so catty so you couldnt just go inside.

>> No.9410190

>>9401953
>>9402338

This was some pretty defensive shit for not being K lmao. Everyone who says K isn't petty af' is full of themselves. She started 75% of the drama in HLC because she was mad she didn't get into the AM fashion show.

The only people who should be mod for HLS is O (because she is mature and has been in the fashion a long time) and M & C because they actually host fucking events and GO TO THEM.

>> No.9410210

>>9399412
Can I vent a bit? I know that I sound like some elitist bitch, but I really wish that my local comm were a bit more well-dressed. They are all sweet and lovely girls, but most of them straddle the range between ita and nitpick, despite having been in the fashion for years. We're talking no makeup, simple t-shirts under dresses, sneakers as footwear & stuff like that.

I won't claim that I'm an expert myself, but I just wish that I was surrounded by well-dressed people, who could inspire me to improve my coord skills.

But yeah, I live in a tiny European country with few active lolitas, so this will most likely never happen unless I pull myself together and go somewhere abroad as an exhange student...

>> No.9410272

>>9410210
I saw the tiny European country and got somewhat excited as I'm a lone lolita and pretty new here but I don't think anyone in this country wears sneakers. Steampunk crap, yes. T-shirts and sneakers, no.

>> No.9410304

>>9407523
This is stupid to me b/c HLC and HLS are two separate comms. Why does it matter who is having what meet on what day if that isn't your comm?

>> No.9410361

>>9410088
I couldn't go inside because the building was closed. It was just a random building with "aesthetic" exterior, not the place where we were supposed to have the meetup. It was so awkward.

>> No.9410370

>>9410304
There are a lot of members who are in both. Conflicting dates can hurt both comms.

>> No.9410373

>>9410190

Correction: HLS didn't even host that meet. It was HLC with mostly HLS members.

JUST MAKE IT ONE COMM AGAIN. THIS IS THE DUMBEST SHIT EVER.

>> No.9410876

>>9410373
You must be fucking new.

>HLC meet and greet had mostly HLC members
>HLS is 21+ and up so they can do adult meets
>HLC+AM drama happens
>HLS decides to cater all lolitas and those who boycott AM/HLC or don't want to be part of HLC's drama

>> No.9410882

>>9410373
Not sure why you're so angry anon. Relax.

>> No.9410896

>>9407523
lol holy shit, not in that comm but i got the feeling she was a crazy bitch based off of my short interactions with her on amino

>> No.9411707

>>9399412
My comm just made a public page in addition to our existing secret comm group on Facebook.
It seriously feels like a e-fame grab by the new mods because before they became mods, we were a much smaller, selective comm that actually held meets often. Now everyone's in their own cliques and there's the e-fame-ers clique that hold their own private meets.

I'm really starting to think about becoming a lonelita now.

>> No.9411798

>>9410876

>HLC meet and greet had mostly HLC members

Most recent meet was not the meet and greet, it was the movie frill thing, but let's talk meet and greet?

HLC meet and greet had mostly HLC members because almost all HLS members originated from HLC.

>HLS is 21+ and up so they can do adult meets

HLC AND HLS have the ability to host 21+ meets

>HLC+AM drama happens

Yes. This happened.

>HLS decides to cater all lolitas and those who boycott AM/HLC or don't want to be part of HLC's drama

HLS decides to cater to lolita's who want to boycott AM/HLC, but the HLS members still go to HLC meet ups, AND AM so what is the point of having both.

Also, If HLS was made to get away from HLC, why are two mods of HLS going to this movie meet?

Plus, HLS rarely host any meet with more then 5 people.

So why do we have two comms again? because everyone wants to be a special snowflake mod? When both HLC + HLS mods don't do shit anyways?

>>9410882
Not angry, just think it's stupid. What is the point of having two separate comms in the same city, when most states, only get to have 1-2 IN THEIR ENTIRE STATE.

>> No.9411912

>>9410876
I think you're the one that's new, honey. HLS is not 21+, they recently hosted a 21+ event stating very specifically that it was 21+. Coming from a <21 yr old member.

>> No.9412043

>>9410370
Anon, that's when you put on your adult pants and choose which meet to go to -- it's not that hard.

>> No.9412126
File: 276 KB, 1435x1343, hls.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9411798
21+ up only before. I've been in both comms since both were created. HiS had older lolitas, HLC had teenagers at the time who are now of age or over 21.

>> No.9412130

>>9411798
HLS is a lot more relaxed. HLC was always eccentric to put it nicely.

>> No.9412133

>>9411798
Unless you've gone to the meets, how would you know?? Shut the fuck up anon. Some people don't feel comfortable with HLC and their past drama. HLS doesn't have that kind of reputation so people want to get away from them. Just fucking choose and be an adult.

>> No.9412177

>>9411707
is this about CFLS?

>> No.9412196
File: 94 KB, 1255x543, hlccopieshls.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9410896
Looks like someone is copying HLS again. Stevie you're making yourself look like an idiot.

>> No.9412201
File: 2.05 MB, 1422x1753, hlsplans.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9412196
HLS had their shit down first.

>> No.9412294
File: 203 KB, 640x949, IMG_6982.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9412201
Actually HLC did an egg hunt in 2016 as well, and if you really want to split hairs, it was the NOLA comm who did it first, idiot.

>> No.9412363

>>9411707
Was this a secret comm in a city that already had other comms?

>> No.9412374

>>9412201
>neko akatsuki
>cat redmoon

why?

>> No.9412378

I live an hour away from the main city the comm is centered in and I want to make an event for a meet where I live (~3 other comm members also live in my town)
But help I'm soo anxious and I'm worried to step on the toes of the comm mods.

>> No.9412380

>>9412294
So what you're saying is HLC is copying other comms? Wow. They really can't be original at all.

>> No.9412388

>>9412294
Nah. They copy their dates, they copy their itinerary, they copy their meets, they copy their posts even.

>> No.9412437

>>9412380
Wow, having the same kind of meet for a holiday is such an offense!! donut steel my meet idea!!!

>> No.9412582

>>9412380
They openly stated that they borrowed the idea. Your argument is that HLS is soooo original for making an egg thread when the fact is that they aren't. Get the fuck over yourself.

>> No.9412603

Jesus christ can we just ban mention of Houston comms? This drama is so petty, it's boring.

>> No.9412662
File: 100 KB, 1280x720, gyhtrgh.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I just went to my first meet, and it was kind of surreal.
I didn't dress up, but seeing everyone else in clothes that I've only seen pictures of before was awesome, and the comm leader even recognized me from my FB post and welcomed me! I can't wait to get my first coord together and take kawaii pictures with everyone.

>> No.9412687

>>9412294
>>9412201
>>9412196
>>9412388
>>9412380
When the fuck did an egg hunt meet around easter become intellectual property? Do the churches accuse one another of stealing for hosting egg hunts?

Y'all are petty.

>> No.9412704

>>9412603
I'm in HLS and HLC and I second this notion.

>> No.9412706

>>9412662
Hope your first time wearing a coord is just as surreal, anon

>> No.9412727

>>9412378
does your comm not allow members to make events? thats fucking dumb just do it

>> No.9412786

>>9412603
>>9412704
Agreed, I'm pretty sure half of the anons causing this shitfest aren't even in Houston. Mostly everyone's sick of the drama here.

>> No.9412792
File: 242 KB, 1920x1080, CGL STICKER FINAL.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Who else /Kansas/ ITT?

>> No.9412814

>>9412786
True.

>> No.9412927

>>9412786
Absolute truth.

>> No.9412932

>>9412374
On the plus side, you can report users with wanky weeaboo names so they have to think of something less moronic and watch them whine online about it

>> No.9413006

>>9412932
Why would you do that? Neko is nice.

>> No.9413032

>>9413006
Nayrt but because it's a retarded weeb name. We're not on Gaiaonline. Fake names are fine but I'm not going to talk to someone calling themselves Neko Akatsuki.

>> No.9413075

>>9413032
Then don't? No one wants to talk to a shitty anon who judges people by names or appearance. Pretty sure you're not too pretty yourself.

>> No.9413077

>>9413075
It's not like it's a name given to her by her parents, anon. It's a cringy decision that chick made for herself and anyone is well within their rights to judge her for it.
Do you also think /cgl/ should stop having ita threads?

>> No.9413121

>>9413077
Neko Akatsuki is a really nice person. They are easily offended by people like you posting mean things about them. I see her at meets and she is very sweet and does not deserve this. Bullies like you are just mean.

>> No.9413129

I'm about to attend my first lolita meetup. I've been a lolita for many years but I've never gone to a meetup.

I'm slightly worried about my comm judging me for my line of work (camming). Should I just lie and tell people I do something else? Or would it be better for me to be upfront so they don't find out later and think I'm ashamed of what I do? I'm going to make friends, not alienate people, so idk. I don't want it to be some big dramu later on down the road if I do integrate within the comm, though.

>> No.9413135

>>9413121
>bullies like you are mean
what the fuck am i reading and why would anybody care how offended she gets? her fake name is stupid and weeby, i'm going to go ahead and report her (your) profile now

>> No.9413136

>>9413129
I don't know, I personally think it'd be more weird if you just flat out told everyone, "Hey I cam for a living" lmao, alot of the people in my comm that I've met for meet ups only, we only ever have superficial convo. If you get close with a few lolitas I'd say tell them if it comes up, but honestly it's your business and most lolitas don't give a shit if you look good and don't act fucking autistic.

>> No.9413141

>>9413121
A weeb that's easily offended? Say it ain't so
Seriously if she's a mod she needs to get rid of that ridiculous af name, all that shit does is become a magnet for itas and cosplay assholes

>> No.9413144

>>9413129
comms can have underage members and imo it would be really inappropriate if you brought up camming whatsoever around them. it's probably best to just keep quiet unless somebody asks you directly but questions like those are easily dodged if young members are around. don't be THAT GIRL who brings up her cam stuff all the time because it's just like anybody else's work--it gets boring and annoying to hear them talk about it all the time.

if you connect lolita with your cam show or do any kind of ageplay shit i would recommend not bringing it up at all because you'll probably be alienated

>> No.9413145

>>9413141
that ita is a mod? how in the hell did that happen

>> No.9413146

>>9413129
I wouldn't bring it up if you aren't asked about it, if you tell them you cam/if they find out you'll be judged regardless. If there are underage lolitas in the comm a prude mod might give you some shit. How do you think they would find out? Are you one of those people that post about how you're not ashamed to be in sex work? Unless you're the one bringing attention to it I'm not sure god they would find out unless they accidentally stumbled on you when they themselves were looking for camgirls.

>> No.9413149

>>9413136
Fair enough, I was mostly just asking because "what do you do for a living" is common small talk. It's not info I'd offer up just because, just seems like thin ice for future dramu if I lie

>>9413144
And here comes the thin ice part. Yeah, I've done lolita stripteases before, it gets me lots of tips. dunno if it's better to be straight up when asked "so what do you do?" or have them see clips of me eventually or ever and be like oh shit it's so and so from my comm, fuck her for lying

>> No.9413151

>>9413149
>Yeah, I've done lolita stripteases before,

In that case I wouldn't bring it up. At all. I'd say the chances of someone finding out are a lot smaller than them being uncomfortable because it got brought up in conversation.

>> No.9413152

>>9413149
I don't think it'd be so much as 'fuck her for lying' as 'ew wtf she's using lolita as a kink' and then get accusations of ageplay, eventually being alienated. I mean if you wanted to eventually join a comm that was pretty stupid of you to wear lolita while stripping

>> No.9413153

>>9413149
why would you ever connect your face with that if you wanted to join a comm in the future? assuming face is involved. i don't mean to be mean per se but people are going to talk, and it'll be just as bad if you're up front about it as it would be if they stumbled across it somehow. not meaning to slutshame or whatever because i anticipate doing this kind of thing myself and i know well that by doing so i'll alienate myself from most of the lolita community. it just comes with the territory.

>> No.9413160
File: 32 KB, 600x668, 16114950_1201004460013044_5919801921889953591_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9413152
>>9413153
Pic related. Damn.

I'll just lie and hope the can of worms doesn't open up and I guess bail on the comm if it does?

>> No.9413163

>>9413149
If you've worn lolita while camming you shouldn't bother joining the comm. They'll find out either from some drama queen or from you acting sus about the work you do, when they find out people will stop talking to you and you'll be exposed either here or on BTB. If you hadn't worn lolita you would have been fine.

>> No.9413168

>>9413135
You're a fucking cunt anon.

>> No.9413169

>>9413168
I'd rather be a cunt than a fat weeby ita

>> No.9413173

>>9413163
I mean, I wasn't ageplaying while doing it, just treating it like normal clothes. I've done nanchette stripteases and it didn't seem too different, basically was my train of thought.

>> No.9413176

>>9413169
Lol you probably are and that's why you feel the need to jack off and say horrible things about someone you don't know.

>> No.9413178

>>9413169
Calm down Stevie.

>> No.9413180

>>9413176
>someone i don't know
>implying i don't know them
sorry i hurt your feefees neko, see you at the next meet you lard :^)

>> No.9413182

>>9413180
Not her but good try anon.

>> No.9413185

>>9413178
stevie is a gross fat sjw too. she always looks like a stuffed sausage in every dress she wears lmao. is being overweight a requirement to run the comm?

>> No.9413186

>>9413185
It's probably the same anon starting the same shit with everyone. Most likely doesn't even come to the meets and stirs shit.

>> No.9413188

>>9413185
Stevie isn't even fat you fucking newfag.

>> No.9413190

>>9413173
I believe you, but ageplaying would be the allegation since it was lolita+sex stuff and that's the insult of the year. If someone ever throws it in your face I think you should just own it like "yeah I did it once", I feel like someone owning it like an adult would be better than bailing on the comm (that and reacting calmly will make whoever dropped the bomb look like a cunt), because I'm sure neighboring comms would get wind of it. Probably best not to do lolita again though, or if you do lolita do super ita looking stuff vs actual lolita.

>> No.9413192

>>9413188
how does calling somebody fat equate newfag? you must have really low standards or some bad eyesight if you don't see her fluttering arm chub.

>> No.9413195

>>9413192
Provide me pictures and I'll believe you. Never seen it.

>> No.9413202

>>9413195
she's in your fatty-chan comm, go ahead and look for yourself. her legs are gross and she overstuffs her dresses. keep defending yourselves though

>> No.9413207

>>9413202
Not in the comm. She doesn't look fat.

>> No.9413209

>>9413202
Are you this fucking stupid? Everyone is fat in this fashion according to the Japanese. It was never meant for us. Just asians.

>> No.9413212

>>9413190
I don't think it matters desu. We end up being adults and end up doing adult things. If you're of age, you do shit and get your shit done. Just understand people will ban you because they don't understand sex is a normal human desire.

>> No.9413217

>>9413180
You probably don't because who would want you?

>oh look at me, I'm an edgy try hard

Get the fuck out of here you piece of shit.

>> No.9413222

>>9413212
Didn't you know that lolitas only do missionary in the dark with the blankets on?

>> No.9413223

>>9413222
Don't you know that lolitas are kawaii desu virgins? Sex is a disgusting thing!

>> No.9413225

>>9413190
Yeah this makes more sense than bailing, thanks anon.

>>9413217
I wish everyone had this mindset.

>> No.9413226

>>9413217
>>9413209
seems like i TRIGGERED something

please continue to prove that your comm is full of whiny crybaby autists. reporting everybody with a fake name on their profile :)

>> No.9413235

>>9413209
There are plenty of girls who fit the fashion just fine, I know you probably don't believe it but there are girls with 25-28" waists. Stay mad, fatty

>> No.9413249

>>9413212
>because they don't understand sex is a normal human desire

Or they are tired of lolita being associated with fetishists and think that someone camming while in the fashion reinforces the idea?

>> No.9413253

>>9413249
^^^

>> No.9413261

>>9413173
>nanchette stripteases
For someone with an underage fetish?

>> No.9413263

>>9413261
Lot of dudes are into the school girl look, not necessarily an age thing

>> No.9413407

>>9413129
Depends on the comm. Most of us don't care cause work is work. Say you make videos in general small talk or that you work from home doing computer stuff. It is computer stuff.

>> No.9413416

>>9413121
You need to be 18+ to post here, anon.

>> No.9413422

>>9411798
Not everyone can just get along and dismiss the past. Unless you really sat through the fallout that split the comms, them being split is more for a personal comfort. Otherwise there would be a lot of girls as lone Lolitas in Houston.

>> No.9413424

>>9413212
Anon wouldn't get banned for having a sex drive, they'd get banned for using the hobby as a kink to get money from thirsty dudes. There's a difference.

>>9413222
>>9413223
>if ur not into my specific kink u must b boring vanilla prude virgin lol

>>9413249
This. I already get people on the streets asking if I'm "one of those sex dolls" when I'm wearing VM. We don't need any more of this shit.

>> No.9413460

>>9413149
Don't mention it to people, but also who cares. As long as you aren't trying to make a fetish out of going to meets how you make money is on you. I know multiple girls who've done similar things and most people don't care cause they are normal at meets

>> No.9413470

Looking at colleges in Philadelphia and Boston... how are the comms in both of those cities?

>> No.9413486

Pretty sure my community hates me for some reason. I haven't said any thing or ever been involved in drama. But every time I'm at a meet or even try to compliment someone on their cordinate I get the cold shoulder. I don't dress bad and get posted in the inspirational cords threads often here. Is my comm just a bunch of bitches or am I doing something wrong?

>> No.9413514

>>9412177
nope
>>9412363
there's our comm, then an ita public comm that's full of cosplayers.

I can't really say much without outing myself but I don't see what's the harm in just wearing our frilly dresses in private instead of turning it into a fame grab. I get that they want to make our comm more well known outside the country, but damn, its just so tiring to take photos at every single meet knowing that they'll be posted everywhere for the sake of attention grabbing.

>> No.9413522

>>9413032
Let's not pretend we didn't know Akatsuki was just from Naruto. But seconding on the weeb name; at least pick a cuter or more realistic-esque last name if you're going to have people calling you Neko. I'd even prefer Neko Jones to that.

>> No.9413692

>>9413460
This is reassuring. I'm not a gross cringey motherfucker who talks about sex shit in polite conversation so I think I should be alright.
>>9413407
This is true. I'm good at not acting suspicious, I already have a specific alibi for what I tell people I do. A friend owns a company (nothing sexual or weird lol just a normal business) and I can say I work with them without anyone being able to find out otherwise, lest they explicitly find my cams.
>>9413261
Dude literally what >>9413263 said. It's just clothes and the school girl look is a thing and has been a thing since like, ever. Probably one of the most common fetishes.
>>9413249
>>9413424
it's literally clothes. You will never get rid of the link between lolita fashion and sex, because guess what? Guys really like sex (and lots of girls do too) and think about it a lot. Anything can be fetishized. I do most of my shows in shorts and a t shirt - am I using that as a "kink" to get money? Are you going to blame sex workers for you getting cat called in normal clothes?

but like I've been wearing lolita since I was a teenager, I feel like the people who think it's just a fetish are always gonna be around no matter what, camgirls wearing the fashion or not.

>> No.9413750

>>9413692
>>9413263
>school girl look
>girls who still go to grade school
>grade school meaning middle school/high school
>wearing uniforms that look like the ones girls wear in middle school/high school
>not ageplay

i don't even have an issue with it but don't try to kid yourselves lmao

>> No.9413759

>>9413750
man you lolitas think everything is ageplay, jesus. are you all projecting your daddy issues or something?

>> No.9413767 [DELETED] 

>>9413759
don't get mad because people are calling you on your shit. i hope they all find your videos, whore.

>> No.9413768

>>9413759
seconded

>> No.9413773

>>9413759
it's not wrong though? putting the uniforms that literal children and teens wear in a sexual context is ageplay. that's what ageplay is.

>> No.9413774

>>9413767
see this is the shit that pisses me off, that probably wasnt even her fucking autist

you dont know her, you dont give a shit if they find her videos, so dont say you do

you dont wish someones life would fall apart after a short anonymous interaction with them, normal people dont do that so youre obviously projecting some insecurity irl thats making you target people online anonymously

so get a grip on who really has their life together, the one with a job no matter what she may be doing, or you coming here insulting people to make yourself feel better

>> No.9413775

>>9413767
sorry you're so deluded you can't look at clothes and just see clothes lol

>> No.9413776

>>9413514
I wish we had a separate comm for people who just love wearing the clothes. My comm has over 600 members,most never show up at a meet and the last two meets I went to were 50% photoshoot

>> No.9413777 [DELETED] 

>>9413774
i actually do wish that. all whores deserve that if they're stupid enough to pull that shit and think that they'll be able to join a comm with no problem. sorry i have a respectable job! whores should feel bad.

>> No.9413779

>>9413486
Does your breath smell?

>> No.9413784

>>9413777
shes not a whore, she has a real job and is happy with herself about it lol

>> No.9413787

>>9413470
From the pics of seen of the Philly comm, you might do better in Boston.

>> No.9413791

>>9413185
>>9413188
>>9413192
>>9413202
>>9413207
>>9413235
Lol half of her dresses are old releases without shirring, but lets go on about how fat she is. Also, SQ is an sjw? Are we not going to talk about K's sjw rampages? Where the fuck did this even come from??

As someone from both comms, it's clear that y'all starting this shit are an incredibly small minority and possibly only two or three people. The majority of the HLS and HLC members want our names to not hold a drama-filled stigma anymore. Fucking shut up and sit down; you're literally pulling shit out of your asses to make drama. You're making our comms look like they consist of 5-year old children. This entire thread is cancer, I hope a mod bans this Houston drama bullshit.

>> No.9413798

>>9413759
School uniforms are literally children's uniforms. Uniforms worn only by children. How is wearing a child's uniform not a form of age play?

>> No.9413820

>>9413779
No. I brush my teeth regularly and have good oral health.

>> No.9413843

Well damn s in hlc has been in her 20's forever FYI you can change your age on Facebook

>> No.9413977

>>9413470
Boston comm member here. You'll probably be on the younger side since most of us are on the tail end of college or graduated and working. We're a very relaxed group so if you're bent on efame or drama you're going to be disappointed. We tend to have a meet once a month (more or less) and they tend to be very chill. We're firm believers in lolita being just clothing so you'll find more of the causal side of things and no OTT.

No one is outright ita but we're about to get an influx of newbies (Anime Boston) so the demographics my temporarily changed. That being said we do let some things slide that cgl would bitch at since we're just girls hanging out at the end of the day.

Also don't be fooled by the amount of members we have. Only 20-30 are active tops.

>> No.9413988

this thread is trash

>> No.9414015

>>9399834
What bother me the most is she kept doing inside jokes like girl salt mom isn't a thing people in the south do.... honestly sounds like some dumb white people shit....and now she is posting the same shit the other group is so wtf y'all

>> No.9414023

>>9413977
I wish my comm was more casual and had more older, working members. Instead it's full of teenagers and early twenties kids who still live with their parents and use every meetup as a photoshoot opportunity for social media likes. Plus it's hard to schedule meets because the majority of members who do work have part time weekend jobs.

>> No.9414052

>>9414023
%

>> No.9414062

>>9414052

>> No.9414071

>>9413750
>what is nanchette

literally though are you gonna say all girls who wear nanchette (and lolita) are ageplayers??? That makes no sense. It's a cute fashion, same as lolita.

Why is wearing a school uniform or lolita fine in public but automatically becomes ageplay when done in a lewd setting? Like you do realize by saying that you're equating just wearing lolita/nanchette for non-lewd reasons to ageplay, yeah?

jfc guys I'm an adult, everyone knows I'm an adult, and I don't tee-hee I'm <insert underage age here> ever. Ya'll DO know that pretending to be underage is like, actually against the rules on most cam sites?

Sorry for getting #triggered ech

>>9413767
>>9413777
3edgy5me

>> No.9414086

>>9413988
All it is about is the Houston comm. Vendetta Chan really has a hate boner for Neko and Stevie.

>> No.9414096

>>9413791
This. Vendetta chan needs to get the fuck out already. Leave Neko and Stevie alone.

>> No.9414104

>>9413791
There both sjw but force their own opinion to people and have the attitude of fuck you you better be on my side or else

>> No.9414114

>>9413129
Yeah I'd stick with a general "I do freelance computer stuff"

>> No.9414115

>>9413692
Lmao, if you were gonna be this salty why even ask in the first place? Did you want ass pats?

>> No.9414139

>>9413486
If you get posted a lot online they might falsely think you're an e-fame whore and be giving you the cold shoulder because of that

>> No.9414282

>>9412727
they have a rule that a mod (one of three) must attend meets hosted by other members.
So I'm basically forcing someone who might not be interested in driving out of town an hour away.

>> No.9414287

>>9414282
Lol fuck that rule, just make the meetup, surely there's a lot of other lolitas who are sick of having to drive that far and would love a meet nearby.

>> No.9414400

>>9414071
you're bringing it into ageplay territory by broadcasting lewd shit while wearing it

sorry you're so mad about it, i hope your future comm members manage to find your shit and kick you out for being a disgusting whore

>> No.9414454

>>9414139
This, especially if you are active on social media and have lots of followers/likes. Could also be someone/cliques who is jealous of you and are spreading rumors within the comm. If this is the case, better stay out of the comm because it's toxic.

>> No.9414460

>>9414454
>9413486 Oops supposed to tag this.

>> No.9414478

>>9413149
youre everything that's wrong with the community. dont join the comm, you give lolitas a bad name and no one will like you

>> No.9415791

wanted to know if theres any lolita events going on at megacon in florida

>> No.9415794

>>9414282
Why do they have that rule?

>> No.9415909

Meanwhile, how is ILD coming for everyone? Do your comms have plans?

>> No.9416133

>>9415909
I'm attending Paradiso the weekend before, but I'll be solo'ing ILD.

>> No.9416136

>>9415794
Probably to prevent cliques from forming and hurting ita feelings.

>> No.9416365

>>9415794
My comm talked about having that rule due to hosts flaking. I think it was instituted for ticketed meets after someone hosted a meet and took ticket money then didn't actually pay the bill.

>> No.9416788

>>9413470
Frilladelphia member here, we're a chill and friendly comm. We've been a bit slow on meets lately but it usually ramps up in the spring/summer. But generally it's about once a month. There's a lot of things to do in and around the city and we have a cute tradition of going to chinatown after almost every meet for bubble tea. I think most of our meet pictures are posted on personal fb pages now, not the group page. Our age range is pretty wide, we have a mix of college kids to working adults in our late 20s/early 30s, and a majority of our comm is sweet. City-wise, the only advantage I can think of for Philly over Boston is that Philly is a much cheaper city to live in.

>> No.9417032

moving to montreal soon. how is the comm there?

>> No.9417036

>>9413470
Please don't decide on a college based on a city's Comm.

>> No.9417071

>>9417032
Shit. Full of itas and entitled bitches. I was surprised at bad they were.

>> No.9417333

>>9417036
I don't think that's the point of their question.

>> No.9417366

>>9400635
Are you my country? We have 3 good lolitas in total. Another two escaped to the UK a long time ago.

Damn I am so jealous of comms that have enough members and activity that they can muster up drama

>> No.9417420

>>9400635
I was once at a meetup where the girls at my table were flabbergasted that I WASN'T also a cosplayer. Like, they couldn't comprehend how I could be into lolita, or even know about lolita, without also having been into cosplay at some point in my life. They weren't badly dressed, though. But still they were the types to only wear lolita to meetups and never just out. I didn't connect with them at all.

>> No.9417426

>>9417420
I feel very similarly disconnected from most lolitas because I don't go to cons. I like anime enough but don't bother with the new stuff or obsessing over it, don't care about meeting guests, overpriced con teaparties, etc. I don't know jojo poses and I feel lost when we take group photos and people scream "let's do jojo poses!!".

They look at me like an alien, and I just wish there were more lolitas like me..

>> No.9417549

How is the central florida comm? Nice, accepting, well dressed? Or are they a bunch of prudish ita bitches?

>> No.9417559

>>9417549
they usually host meetups a few hours away from where i am so im not really "active" but theyre generally civil and have a few mediocre lolitas sprinkled in.... i havent heard of any drama from them but i just might be ignoring it

>> No.9419321

Do any NY lolitas go to Toracon or any other smaller cons? I really want to go and meet some other lolitas, but I don't think there's really a whole lot of upstate lolitas to begin with

>> No.9419853

>>9417426
I feel the exact same way, anon. You are not alone.

>> No.9419862

>>9417426
You're not alone, at my last meet the main topic was upcoming anime/manga series, cons, and general weeb stuff; none of which I'm into. I basically spent the better half of the meet with my phone in my hand because I wasn't able to participate in the conversation.

>> No.9420476

>>9417366
I don't even really miss the drama because my old comm was really chill (it's admittedly kinda fun to watch other comms bicker) but I do miss being part of an active comm.

>>9417420
I wish that was the case here desu. I can't stand steampunk and it's a major part of the comm. I want to try hosting meets here to see if I can help make our comm more active and hopefully change the image a bit.

>> No.9420907

>>9417071
ok but like... frequency of meetups? usual activities? average number of attendees?

>> No.9420937

>>9414071
There is a ton of competition for camgirls, so if you're smart you're using your fashion style (dressing in a uniform meant for minors) to stand out and attract fetishists. That makes it age play. I love nanchatte but don't think the men watching camgirls in schoolgirl uniforms look for them because they like ribbons/ties/blouses etc.

>> No.9420950

>>9410361
Cat cafe meetup?

>> No.9421055

Is anyone going to the Philadelphia cherr blossom festival on Friday? I know frilladelphia is likely going Saturday, but i cant take Saturdays off without wasting a personal holiday.
Just wondering if Id be a lone lolita with my normie friend, or if anyone wants to meet up

>> No.9421120
File: 70 KB, 400x400, 1420235296860.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>solid half hour of meetup turns into autism and disability Olympics
why is my comm like this

>> No.9421123

>>9421055
Frilladelphia is meeting on Sunday, would you be able to go then? Otherwise, you'd probably have more luck posting on our comm page asking if anyone would be interested in meeting up friday. I know a lot of people can't make it sunday, so I'm sure someone would want to meet up with you on a different day.

>> No.9421291

I'm going to be selling some main pieces with shirring at a swap meet soon, am I allowed to tell a fatty no if they want to try something on out of concern for the dresses condition? I don't want them stretching or damaging it and then not buying.

>> No.9421441

>>9421291
Say you know the max measurements for it ahead of time and apologize but it likely won't look flattering.

>> No.9421443

>>9421291
Ask them their measurements or if they know it. Let them know you don't let people try the clothes on and there's no area to supervise them even if they find a restroom.

>> No.9421655

>>9419862
And then people complain that you spent time on your phone instead of talking with them... My comm does this with anime and my boyfriend and his friends do this with work. They talk for hours straight about something I don't understand, often using words or acronyms I'm not familiar with, completely ignore me when I try to join in with a slightly different subject, then call me rude when I give up and pick up my phone. I TRIED. But I don't have an anime waifu to squeal about and don't know shit about programming so it gets boring really fast. The only thing they talk about that's accessible to me is drama and workplace gossip but even then it tends to be about people I don't know, and nobody bothers to explain who anyone is so again I can't join in on the conversation. If I pick up my phone in the last 5 minutes of the meetup people still act like I spent all my time on it and it's my own fault I didn't participate. It's so frustrating.

One day I'll find another lolita in my comm who isn't into anime or weeaboo maymays and we'll talk about literally anything else and it will be a good day.

>> No.9421776

>>9419862
>>9417426
Though I like anime stuff, 99% of conversations I've had with lolitas (who aren't close friends) are just talking about brands, styles that are in, new releases, and coordinate planning for upcoming meets.

If someone's ignoring you to be a dick, this won't help, but you could always try to divert the conversation back to what people are wearing, and what brands people like? The Mana interview just went up, so that's some conversation fodder.

>> No.9421812

I wish my comm would stop collaborating with Vice. It's going to if not already drawing too much attention and ire.

>> No.9421847

>>9421812
You're in the comm with fake-hijab-chan? I'm so sorry.

>> No.9422047

>>9421847
Yea, Never encountered her-mostly due to work keeping me from most meetups. Hell didn't even realize she was in my comm until that last video.

>> No.9422090

>>9421055
Are you talking about Sakura Sunday? If you are, it's on Sunday...

>> No.9422449

I'm going to ACen for the first time next month. How's the Chicago Comm?

>> No.9422521

>>9422047
that video was a collab between southern ontario and london, so if youre from toronto that might be why youve never met her. shes all over the london comm every second so you cant really miss her

>> No.9422543

>>9422521
You're from London? What's the story behind racial slurs at Ripley's Aquarium lol?

>> No.9422545

>>9422449
pretty well dressed and nice. this was discussed recently.

>> No.9422610

i plan to move to north carolina this summer (near ashville) and near seattle washington next summer how are the comms there???

>> No.9422636

>>9422543
NAYRT, but to sum it up, a member new to the comm got herself banned on her the first meet for calling a security black guard a n*gger. She did a lot more than that too. There's more details in the archives.

I was the one who lent her a coord. That was a pretty nightmarish day for me ngl, I thought she'd get herself arrested and I'd never get my shit back. In retrospect, we really shouldn't have taken a new member to a huge cross-comm meet. Well, hindsight is 20/20 and all that.

>> No.9422638

>>9407611
>a meetup with a theme that I have one specific coord for
Similar thing happened to me when I moved to a new area. String of messy/casual meets in a row so I ended up wearing the one Bodyline dress I own like four meets in a row. I didn't want people to assume I was a noob but just couldn't wear brand for the activities we were doing. I wear a lot of kuro anyway though and I made theeffort to switch up hairstyling/wigs, shoes etc and surprisingly few people noticed (I'm sure they would have done if it was a print, but I guess all the sweets in my comm just assumed I was a goth black blob and didn't look too closely).

I've also known two girls who had literally two dresses for nearly an entire year - one started as a Bodyline-chan and eventually sold it all, but only made enough from the sale to buy two AP dresses, the other had started with AP but was poor. Nobody said anything.

>>9408480
>>9407784
>One of my regrets about when I first started is that I was so afraid of repeating a coord that I wore some halfassed, bad ones for the sake of wearing something new.
Thisss. I'd rather wear the same thing twice than wear something that looked weird just because it's new, especially since the general public are going to judge you on how you appear that day, without knowing whether you were trying to switch it up or not.

>> No.9422663

>>9414023
Have you tried doing two meets a month, one larger and one smaller? Could be good because the one more lolitas with 9-5 jobs can make is more likely to have more people on the same page. I've been the college teen who works weekends in a comm before, and I organised some midweek meets in the late afternoon/evening for other people who can't make the weekend one. They were usually really small and chill and it was easy for us to get on because we all had similar life situations (whereas the weekends get a weird mix of proper adults and high-schoolers too young to have a job). Just put your foot down, have the meet on the weekend, and tell the girls complaining it clashes with their schedules that they can organise their own if they want.

>> No.9422666

>>9419862
>>9421655
Stop being such autists and find a tactful way to bring up other common interests. If you don't have anything in common except lolita, it might be time to develop some - nobody is going to be able to spend six hours a day, every month or fortnight, talking about literally nothing but lolita, especially if you're being tactful and avoiding discussing petty drama.

>> No.9422707

>>9421120
I tend to interrupt these with "I'm so happy I don't have any of these issues and can be successful and happy" and they eventually shut up

>> No.9422729

>>9422707
if anything, that's even more autistic

>> No.9422749

>>9422729
Idc, I have no shame

>> No.9422829

>>9422729
It's really not

>> No.9422874

>>9422666

Stop being such autists and find a tactful way to bring up other common interests. If you don't have anything in common except *anime in a fashion community*, it might be time to develop some - nobody is going to be able to spend six hours a day, every month or fortnight, talking about literally nothing but *anime* especially if you're being tactful and avoiding discussing petty drama.

Ftfy

>> No.9422885

Does anybody else have a comm that only has casual meets? I'm dying for something interesting, but every time I organise something, it all just falls flat and people can't be bothered.

Just tired of going to the same cafe every month.

>> No.9422888

>>9422874
This is literally what I said though? I told you to talk about non-anime non-lolita stuff you have in common, not to suddenly start talking about anime. I'm not a weeb but I don't have a problem finding other things to talk about with weebs in my comm.

>> No.9422917

>>9422666
>>9422888
I don't think you read my post properly. I do try to change the subject, often using something that came up in the conversation (e.g. oh that character is a catgirl? I love cats but can't have one in my apartment. Has anyone here ever been to a cat cafe?) but people look annoyed or flat out ignore me. They literally do spend hours talking about anime, cons, con drama and how stupid normies are. That's it. I'd be happy if someone brought up health issues or even politics at this point because at least it wouldn't be screaming about oppai waifus.
Everyone I'm talking about is 16-21 and I get the feeling that the older members, who have lives outside of watching anime at their parents house and going to cons, do have other things to talk about, but they never come to public meetups anymore and only have private ones. I feel stuck.

>> No.9422991

>>9422885
Make your own meets

>> No.9423024

>>9422991
>but every time I organise something, it all just falls flat and people can't be bothered.

Learn to read, anon.

>> No.9423088

>>9422636
The only real mistake you did was loan an untrustworthy girl a coord. Whether it's just your community or a larger cross meet, she should have still been respectful and decent, so I wouldn't blame you at all for that one. I hope you got your shit back though.

>> No.9423196

>>9422885
What do you try to do instead? Think about why the meets failed when you did it. Was it expensive? Hard to get to? Not everyone's cup of tea?

>> No.9423224

>>9423088
I did, thankfully. She totally ruined the magic for me though, I'm paranoid about losing my stuff now so the magic of dressing people up is pretty much gone. whoops! At least I can still do it with very close friends I guess.

>Whether it's just your community or a larger cross meet, she should have still been respectful and decent, so I wouldn't blame you at all for that one.
Actually, it makes me happy to hear that. I feel like the day got really fucked up for everyone because of it and I was pretty embarrassed and sad lol.

>> No.9423956

>>9401599
what city?

>> No.9423959

Any Latin Lolitas here? :)

>> No.9424019

Has there ever been a member of your comm that first attended a meet as a lookie-loo so to speak? Just a plus one of an active comm member that wanted to see what they got up to? Have any of them become full fledged lolitas?

>> No.9424034

>>9424019
Yeah, I can think of a few. Some even ended up being more active in the comm than the person they first came with. We don't have a lot of plus ones that aren't the boyfriend/girlfriend of the member (who are usually actually very fun to have around and actually carry on conversation, I've seen some people mention guys in particular who sit on their phones looking bored the whole time) but when someone does come along for the ride they seem to stick around. Helps that our comm is very friendly to new people. If you aren't embroiled in the online drama here, you'd never know we had any.

>> No.9426489

>>9422636
she also tried to smoke weed in the bathroom and screamed wears in a kids face "cuz edgy" iirc

>> No.9426508

>>9424019
oh hey thats me
my friend introduced me to the fashion and i went to a meetup and now im more active in the comm than she is and have more in my wardrobe

>> No.9426833
File: 25 KB, 250x250, just fucking stab me.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9426489
Yep yep. In fact she did the latter because I asked her to stop swearing in public lmao.

I threw the stuff she'd worn into a corner of my room where it sat for a week because I didn't want to deal with that shit, and then I washed it to purge the negativity from it. And the weed.

Maybe one day I'll do a Danger-chan type write-up about it. I'm sure y'all would get a kick out of that.

>> No.9426870

>>9422707
lol are you me

>decided to go to larger comm meet and test the waters
>get to the venue a little late from parking
>cliques already all sat together
>one table left
>sit down, introduce myself, small talk, drink tea, munch on tiny cookie
>'Honestly.. I almost dissociated I was so stressed today.'
>'OMG same but my aspbergers really gets in the way of it.'
>'Luckily im high functioning but that doesn't stop from having a meltdown, so happy my friends remind me to eat!'
>'UGH these fluorescent light bulbs are really triggering my {insert some fancy sounding eye problem}, I'm about to have a migraine!!'
>'Careful!! Don't touch my arm!! My Raynauds is acting up today!!'
>'Oh man, I'm about to go down, my blood sugar is about to bottom out I have to eat like all of these Mackah-Ruins!!'
>'and then I had to schedule another appointed for my lupus testing because you never know, my cheeks are always flushed so it could be a butterfly rash you know.'
>hello darkness my old friend
>dry cough from dainty sandwich crumbs
>'I had a cough like that for 6 months the doctor had NO idea what was wrong no antibiotics worked and then I had to get an X-ray to see if I-'
>"I was just clearing my throat."
>'OH I KNOW but you NEVER know what it could turn into, see my mom got a nasty cough once that seemed like nothing BUT THEN she got several opinions-'
>"It was a normal cough. Im perfectly healthy, thanks."
>'oh. Well it must be nice not to-'
>"Being healthy is pretty nice, yeah."
>ignored for rest of meet
>enjoyed many a Mackah-Ruin

>> No.9427020

>>9426833
pls do, anon!!

>> No.9427050

>>9424019
Once. She, her annoying boyfriend and the lolita friend talked shit about the other attendees the entire time and I haven't seen her since. The lolita friend was a mod, too.

>> No.9427057

>>9426870
I'm so glad my comm only has one hypochondriac. She's still annoying as fuck though, will straight up interrupt people to talk about her (undiagnosed) #fibromyalga #fatigue #invisibleillness and won't let anyone change the subject once she gets going because that's erasure and how dare they! I once mentioned that my aunt has ALS (it was relevant at the time) and it's like she took that as a fucking challenge because she would not shut up about all her illnesses for like thirty minutes. I try to avoid her at meets now.

>> No.9427074

>>9426870
bunch of fuckin munchies

>> No.9427076
File: 135 KB, 749x1118, nospoon.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9427057

>> No.9427282

>super sweet and adorable mod moves to Japan to teach or something
>gets replaced by a total bitch with a majorly inflated ego
>mfw

>> No.9427300

Let's not forget Dom feeling sexually assaulted by accidentally eating real eggs instead of vegan ones at a restaurant.
Her words, not mine.

>> No.9427301

>>9427300
Story please

>> No.9427303

>>9427057

>undiagnosed fibromyalgia
>trying to do chronic illness olympics with lou fucking gehrig's

Ouch, anon. I feel for you.

She probably doesn't want to go to the doctor's because she'll be told she's full of shit.

>> No.9427307

>>9427301
Long story short, loudmouth vegan in the LA comm accidentally got served real eggs at a restaurant and flipped her fucking shit on Facebook beyond what the situation called for, including saying that she felt sexually assaulted.

>> No.9427336

>lone lolita in big city
>socially awkward and terrible in convo but I really want friends so I force myself to be interested in meaningless shit to try and meet people
>local comm is cliques and itas
>not sure if I'm desprate enough to try and mingle with either.
>boyfriend went to college with a lolita in my city
>she's friendly but I'm nervous since she's so nice and well dressed.
>decide to say fuck it and try to befriend her. She's receptive and encouraging.
>I decide to be more active and I'm planning to go to meets whether I have someone to talk to or not.
>2 coming up, including sakura matsuri.
>suddenly nervous. No reason just am.

What do I do to calm myself, anons? I don't want to rely on her to emotionally boost me to do things truly but I'm tempted to ask if shell be at either event so I have someone to crutch on when I feel nervous.

>> No.9427338

>>9427057
A lot of us have anxiety and make offhand jokes about it but generally only in company who know it's a joke, but one girl is exactly like that about it. A whole meet up could go past with her making everything about anxiety and illness and doctors and whatever else, fake diagnosing shit for people, it's actually quite embarrassing because there's no way to steer the conversation and some girls are visibly uncomfortable with it.

>> No.9427422

>>9427300
Little ironic that she feels "sexually assaulted" by eating eggs when she gets naked in front of horny guys for a living

Stay classy, flannel-chan

>> No.9427424

>>9427336
Don't feel bad about asking her if she'll be there, that's completely normal! Could you take your boyfriend with you to the first meet? I know an outspoken minority think SOs at meets are a no go, but most don't mind and it's great to have someone familiar with you if you're nervous.

>> No.9428797

>>9427307
sounds like Dom. got caps?

>> No.9428961
File: 995 KB, 500x375, evil witch laugh.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9427307
Enjoy Dominique!!!

>1am
>cackling at the misfortune of LA

>> No.9428964

>>9428961
I don't think she ever even moved? Her bf probably got sick of her shit and didn't let her move in

>> No.9428984

>>9428964
please tell me you have something indicating this being true because nothing would make me happier

>> No.9429067

>>9427336
It's your first meet so I can understand why you're nervous and I'm sure this girl will too. She seems nice so just ask!

However if your first thought was that they are cliques and itas maybe that negative view can impact too.

>> No.9429804

>>9428984
one of my irl friends is/was fucking Dom on occasion to my horror (along with other girls), I don't think we're talking about the same guy, but now I'm wondering if maybe she thinks they were an item. They definitely weren't according to him.

>inb4 having no taste

He knows, he just doesn't care bc she's an easy fuck

>> No.9429853

>>9429804
not unlikely, given her talent for boasting about how sex positive and nsa she is and then immediately trying to attach strings right after boning

but I think there was a picture of the dude posted somewhere on her insta so you might check there

>> No.9429897

Does anyone in SF comm know why chanel has been showing to some meets lately? I thought the girl was banned.

>> No.9430009

>>9429897
Which meets? Have you talked to a mod about it?

>> No.9430211
File: 174 KB, 750x1334, image.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9428797
Yup! She also threw a big hissy fit when someone else capped her to laugh about on Twitter or something.

>> No.9430212

>>9430211
>eating eggs= sexual assault
Must have been some terrible eggs

>> No.9430224

>>9429897
>>9430009
She's not banned, she flounced. More concerned about Phil being at J's meet.

>> No.9430239

>>9430212
What's ironic is that I (and I assume most non-vegans) find vegan eggs nauseating.

>> No.9430241

>>9430211
Someone should tell her that sucking dick isn't vegan

>> No.9430251

>>9430224
Phil was the foot fetishist creeper, right?

>> No.9430261

>>9430211
Lel, looks like she deleted it already
I wonder if someone called her out for being an insensitive moron

>> No.9430594
File: 52 KB, 456x604, 14803076619890.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9421120
>It's a meetup that turns into fatty bitching episode

>> No.9430799

>>9430224
The monthly one or the cherry blossom fest?

>> No.9430946

>>9427076
Omg the fucking spoon army. I love the metaphor but the tumblr spoon people have ruined it for everyone else.

>> No.9431034

>>9430211
>(which I have been sexually assulted)
>fyi
>in case you were wondering
>or in case you missed it
>I *have* been sexually assulted

Why does she say this like this sets her apart or something???

>> No.9431304

Moving to the Portland, ME area from the southwest later this year. Anyone know what the comm there is like?

>> No.9431315

>>9431034
She knows she'll be called an insensitive clod for comparing something so minor to sexual assault so she tries to prevent that by saying she totally knows what it feels like to be assaulted so it's okay for her to say dumb shit about it. If anything, it just makes her sound even more insensitive.

>> No.9431358

>>9431315
This. Going through something awful doesn't give you a pass on being aninsensitive shit about it.

>> No.9431439

>>9431358
It almost makes it worse. Like it couldn't have been all that bad if she's seriously comparing it to accidentally eating chicken eggs... She's trivialising it.

>> No.9431477

>>9430211
Did she eat the eggs with her vagina? And eggs if they are from free range chickens that don't get fed any weird stuff, I don't see what the big deal is. You don't harm a chicken when you eat an egg.

>> No.9431502
File: 50 KB, 810x462, 1440443737676.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9431477
ummm shes a VEGAN sweaty???? that means she doesnt eat ANY animal products bc thats basically supporting a holocausft :o) sry ur meat-clogged brain is 2 dumm to understand

>> No.9431505

>>9431477
>>9431502
She's one of those people who uses veganism as a way to feel superior to everyone else, so of course she has to play the victim now and save face after this horrible atrocity.
>note how she's claiming SHE feels assaulted and makes no mention of the chicken

Can't every comm in her region just ban her for being an obnoxious dramacow? She's had plenty of chances and clearly has a long history of being a sloppy mess and kicking up trouble. I find it hard to believe anyone still likes her at this point.

>> No.9431546

>>9427282
Are we in the same comm?

>> No.9431681

>>9424019
Sounds like we're in the same boat. I'm really hoping that someone's plus one decides that Lolita is for her and will go on to build her own wardrobe. The guest in question seems painfully normie that I'm worried that she won't have a good time at the meet since the comm is full of weebs (decently dressed as far as active members go, but we have a lot of nerdy conversations).

>> No.9432100

>>9430224
Wait, is this something that happened or is going to happen?

>> No.9432272 [DELETED] 

gook

>> No.9432273 [DELETED] 

i'm a 25 y/o virgin how do i have sex now?

>> No.9432276 [DELETED] 

hello? i want to fuck

>> No.9432280

that one ita
you know the one....

>> No.9432347

>>9424019
I got invited to a meet after some comm members saw me in babby's first ita (replica, rainbow twintail wig, ill-fitting bodyline items) and I just wanted to see what being in the comm was like. Later become one of the mods and has probably one of the largest wardrobes. Outlasted the person who originally invited me along.

>> No.9434844

Nu thread >>9434843