[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

Due to resource constraints, /g/ and /tg/ will no longer be archived or available. Other archivers continue to archive these boards.Become a Patron!

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
File: 202 KB, 450x564, sherlock_holmes_outfit.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
9515519 No.9515519 [DELETED]  [Reply] [Original] [rbt]

Not a /cgl/ so apologies if I'm being a shitter and not seeing the stupid questions thread.

What are these little arm capes called and wear can I buy a cheap low-quality one?

>> No.9515522
File: 65 KB, 680x680, 1496705025544.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]



>> No.9515523

They're just called capes

>> No.9515527

a capelet.

>> No.9515528

Caplet, and you're probably going to need to commission it or make it yourself depending on what you need

>> No.9515532
File: 179 KB, 640x640, SHOWERSMILE-Brand-Sherlock-Holmes-Hat-Plaid-Baseball-Caps-Unisex-Deerstalker-Winter-Houndstooth-Cotton-Women-Cosplay-Accessories.jpg_640x640.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

I just need a sherlock holmes plaid hat and capelet as a prop. It's for a shitty video.

The hat is easy but the capelet (cute name) is impossible to find cheap. It needs to end before my elbows too.

>> No.9515571

If you can't find a capelet you should be able to make one quite easily. Here's a tutorial I googled: http://www.instructables.com/id/DIY-Circle-Cape-Stop-Motion-Tutorial/ - if you're not happy sewing you could glue the raw edges under instead of hemming. Just be aware that the tutorial doesn't use "proper" sewing methods so I wouldn't recommend using it for making a properly finished garment, but your purposes it sounds like it should be good enough?

>> No.9515575


Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.