[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 71 KB, 540x960, 19105495_1558514597554414_9198669901329567985_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9521367 No.9521367 [Reply] [Original]

saw these photos on facebook and thought you'd all like to see them if you haven't already
please share your hotel horror stories to keep this thread going.

>> No.9521368
File: 21 KB, 320x568, 19060196_1558514590887748_4093102806331481072_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

the post says that's syrup in the bathtub. Apparently they "made a giant pancake"

>> No.9521372
File: 50 KB, 540x960, 19059243_1558514627554411_1321575602929077742_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.9521373

>>9521367
>>9521368

It was one of the hotels at A-Kon. People are assholes

>> No.9521379
File: 45 KB, 540x960, 19149127_1558514640887743_3386585825612360069_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

the noodles on the window are a bit extra

>> No.9521385
File: 989 KB, 418x234, vomit.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Why do people think this shit is okay?

>> No.9521386
File: 84 KB, 348x505, 249.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

For grown adults to act like this.

>> No.9521388

Japan would turn its back on these disgusting weeaboos.

>> No.9521402
File: 37 KB, 720x960, IMG_3705.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.9521408

>>9521373
Of course it was Texas. It's always fucking Texas.

>> No.9521442
File: 182 KB, 476x842, 13567823354.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

God am I glad homestuck's not popular anymore.

>> No.9521490

>>9521442
jfc it's not like body paint is hard what the fuck. If you're really concerned about durability just do the medical latex and paint thing. why are homestucks so retarded. I went to a homestuck cosplay meet at Sakura Con one year and highly regretted it.

>> No.9521502
File: 17 KB, 480x368, 19047896_1931621093794296_272124225_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9521372
mfw one weeb signed as mikasa

>> No.9521526

I remember one year at Metrocon, some kids filled a bathtub with tons of ramen and coke(?). Also another group supposedly flooded a hotel floor. Trying to find images but it was like 2 years ago.

>> No.9521537

And here I was frantically scrubbing scrubbing tiny specks of fake blood and bodypaint off the shower walls.

>> No.9521542

Wow and I thought I wouldn't get my deposit back due to stupid feather fluff on the carpet.

Do people not understand shit like this will make sure they don't get that money back?

>> No.9521545

Fuck, I used to clean hotel rooms for a living and these pictures are giving me silent rage. I worked at a pretty upscale place and the stuff that I thought was gross pales in comparison to this shit. I can only imagine the horror of the maid when they found out what they'd have to be cleaning

>> No.9521547

>>9521542
Considering most of them are having it paid by their parents or are leeching off their con group; they don't care.

>> No.9521550

>>9521367
>>9521368
>>9521372
Shit like this pisses me off. It's not hard to behave like normal humans and I can't see how any of this would be funny to someone

>> No.9521559

Holy shit. I work in a hotel, our executive housekeeper would lose. his. shit. over something this. I hope they were charged out the ass.

I can contribute some hotel horror that isn't con related, if anyone is interested. People can be fucked up when they don't have to clean up their mess.

>> No.9521563

Honestly the worst I personally experienced was some rando guy "manscaping" in the shower and not cleaning up.

Worst I've heard from friends is the day after a con my friend saw a guy sitting outside his hotel room with an icepack to his head and hotel staff wheeling a toilet with a shattered bowl out of the room on a cart.

Absolute worst I've heard about (though not con related) was someone living in the hotel room and when they finally left, the whole place was covered in fast food trash and literal shit. I remember seeing pictures but I can't find the story anywhere. I think it was an Imgur or Leddit story.

>>9521542
I just assume parents paid for the room, dropped their kids off, and left. At least, that's my hope because it means those kids are getting they ass beat when the parents find out from the hotel.

>> No.9521566

>>9521388
They would be deported, easily. Thank God for Japan not putting up with foreigners.

>> No.9521568

>>9521367
I don't understand, have these people never seen a trashcan?

>> No.9521570

>>9521563
>I remember seeing pictures but I can't find the story anywhere.
Found it, though this wasn't where I originally saw it.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/worst-hotel-guests-ever-cleaners-6490840

>> No.9521572

This is nightmare fuel.

If the hotel I work at ever holds an anime con I'm going to be keeping tabs on what weebs room is whos.

That way I can name & shame when the time comes.

>> No.9521574

Nowhere near that level of WTF, but a while ago, my boyfriend and I shared a hotel with another couple we know fairly well. When we left to go to the con for the day, they would just leave their suitcases and crap on their side totally open and in the way of housekeeping getting around their bed. It really bothered me, and I would try to say stuff like "oh I'm just gonna move this out of the way for housekeeping..." but they never got the hint. Ever. It was just so inconsiderate, it really bugged me. We're not gonna be rooming with them again...

>> No.9521601

I roomed with a few seagulls like 5 years ago and the room "owner" refused room service the entire con so trash was flowing out of the trash cans and all the towels were used by 2+ people since we were room stuffing.
I will never forget the moment I walked into that room after everyone left. There was so much trash and it was everywhere. On the beds, on the floor, on the desk, you name it.

>> No.9521618

shit like this also makes it so
a) the room and/or deposits are so high
b) hotel no longer wants to work with the con so no more cheap con rates

>> No.9521628

>>9521574
Sounds like they're newbies to hotels and you were being passive aggressive instead of educating them. Not rooming with someone over something like that makes you pretty fucking petty, especially if it's someone you know pretty well.

>> No.9521643
File: 488 KB, 500x250, giphy.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>get a room with a bunch of people during a summer con
>they tell the hotel not to go to there rooms for housekeeping
>asked them why, as they clean things and I have luggage locks
>they tell me that they have a scat
fetish

>> No.9521645

>>9521643
Fucking mobile posting

>> No.9521658

>>9521559
Please tell us your worst.

>> No.9521669

>>9521658
To set the scene, I work at a modern luxury property in a large city- not a red roof inn or anything like that.

>man booked one of the best suites in hotel, and orders tons of in room dining
>multiple meals per day, hundreds of dollars per meal
>has DND on door
>checks out, bill is thousands of dollars for what seems like a staycation for a random rich dude
>nope
>he was bulimic, and was basically using the suite as a purge fest
>every container in the room was filled to the brim with vomit
>the water glasses
>the trash cans
>the toilet
>the sinks
>Everything that could hold puke was holding puke.
>no one could stomach going inside, executive housekeeper looks out for his ladies and flat out refused to let them in there- I think they actually had to have a designated person come out because it was technically a biohazard? But I could be thinking of something else
>the smell was stuck in the walls, the bedding, everything
>actually charged him for deep cleaning and a portion of the loss from having the suite out of order
>nonchalant about it "yeah sure, if you have to charge it's fine"

There's actually a note on his profile to make a manager aware if he's ordering food. Yes, he's still allowed to stay with us.

I wrote out my two most detailed ones, I switched from operations to revenue a bit ago so I can't remember everything right now. I'm going to ask the executive housekeeper if he can remember any insane stories I might be forgetting and write them out

>> No.9521678
File: 43 KB, 750x556, 1484547799993.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.9521679

1/3
>weird fidgety guy checks in with an older man one afternoon, into one of our higher category suites
>around 2am, they call night audit to request cleaning service
>"Sir, housekeeping doesn't service rooms this late. They should start around 9am. We can send someone up with some amenities if you need anything."
>man starts laughing
>"Just bring a towel and some cleaning stuff"
>security, the houseman, and the MOD go upstairs, he sounded strange over the phone
>they smell it the second they get off the elevator
>knock, man opens door
>human shit fucking everywhere
>shit handprints on the walls, on the men, everywhere
>worst is in the bathroom, all over the floor in the sink, every surface
>the trio cracks open one of the windows, try to help clean up what they can (get rid of the already soiled towels they'd used to smear the shit with)
>the guests are treating it like a joke. Sitting on bed watching TV: "yeah, we shit everywhere"
>hotel staff leaves, at a loss
>they write an email to GM, rooms division and exec housekeeper to explain the scene

>> No.9521683

>>9521679
2/3
>I worked AM, get there at 7
>the manager on duty that morning is fucking fuming- says we should have kicked them out the second staff opened the door and saw the room
>GM and rooms director won't kick him out, he's a high ranking rewards member. Say they should talk to him and tell him it can't continue
>the guests talk to manager over the phone, he asked them if they'd like to change rooms
>they say no and they just want to have their room serviced
>few hours later, it's a weekend so brunch
>bellmen rush inside
>"someone's throwing stuff out of one of the rooms"
>manager and security run upstairs, bellmen had counted the floors
>room is empty, apparently these guys threw their shit covered belongings out of the window and left
>the suite is on a corner, over the restaurant terrace, and they were a couple of feet away from hitting guests
>items included white new balance shoes covered in feces, shirts, some other items I can't remember, all covered in shit.

>> No.9521689

>>9521679
>>9521683
3/3
>manager is absolutely furious, can't believe something like this wouldn't get them banned immediately
>they could have hit a car, a pedestrian, something that would have ultimately fallen on us because we let them stay knowing they were acting this way.
Thinking back on it, I don't think we were allowed to leave windows open unless the guest is out of the room for this exact reason
>rooms director ends up coming in on a weekend, super weird for him
>has to tell two grown men to stop shitting on everything
>that night they get shithoused at the bar, the younger guy chokes and punches the older man (referring to him as his uncle)
>uncle booted from the hotel since younger guy has his name on the room
>shitty uncle stays across the street
>younger guy checks out like it was nothing the next day
>room has to be deep cleaned by a third party, executive housekeeper refuses to subject his housekeeping ladies to that

In this case, we didn't even fucking charge them for the cleaning, or the days the room had to remain out of order to air out.

>> No.9521691

>>9521628
There's other reasons we'd rather not room with them, but none of them are relevant to this topic, so I didn't mention them (personal hygiene issues, snoring, etc). They're not newbies to hotels in the slightest, they're in their 30s and go to several cons a year. But sure, call me petty if you want. I still like them just fine as friends, but I'd rather not room with them.

>> No.9521703

>>9521669
>>9521679
>>9521683
>>9521689
Jesus Christ these are horrifying, this is why I feel uncomfortable staying in hotels.

I'm glad you have such a nice team, most places I know of would make a min. wage cleaner spend the regulation few minutes on most things up to a total disaster. Even a lot of expensive hotels treat their staff like shit.

>> No.9521710

>>9521703
My managers have all been amazing, and I'm lucky enough to count a lot of my colleagues as good friends. The executive housekeeper used to be one of my managers when I first started, and he's one of the most kindhearted individuals I've ever met. In a way, you almost get used to the insanity and go with the flow. Shared misery and insanity grows friendship like nothing else!

At my last property, there was a time when we were running obscenely low rates. Like, $79 third party rates that included breakfast. They were hurting. These deals did not attract families as management had hoped.
>had drug addicts claim we needed to pay them for cleaning supplies they allegedly bought because their room was sooo filthy... AND breakfast for the inconvenience
>had a guest try to get several days comp'd because "housekeeping put a condom on his pillow to embarrass him since they didn't like him". He threw the condom at me.
>a prostitute tried to steal a guys money without performing, they beat the shit out of each other in the lobby. She'd bashed him in the head with a wine bottle in the room to try to run for it. Blood everywhere.
>mom screamed at me because there was a Persian New Year's Eve party at the property and people were having sex in the parking lot and smoking everywhere (my manager actually had me put on gloves and pick up cigarette butts off the front drive that next morning), as if I was out there having sex too

The prostitutes were actually typically the nicest guests during that period. Very low maintenance and spent a ton of money at the bar.

>> No.9521714

>>9521669
This is why I'm always super careful about not BPing on vacation. Dude is fucking inconsiderate. I thought it was like... common ED knowledge not to do shit like this.

>> No.9521718

>>9521678
Wasn't some of that unrelated to Katsu? I feel like I remember someone saying the flooding was there before the con started.

>> No.9521726

>>9521714
It was definitely one of the strangest things I've seen. Like a puke museum. They had to take pictures for evidence and I felt like I could smell the room just by looking at them. I don't know how he stayed in there for days.

>> No.9521731

>>9521718
The sink/flood was standard issue facilities failure, yeah. Could have happened any random day.

>> No.9521739

>>9521714
God damn. I'm bulimic but don't binge eat. I always, always clean my mess up if I end up puking in a public place. That's so unfair to cleaning staff and generally everyone. Yeah my ED sucks but fuck, I'm not going to ruin someone else's life.

>> No.9521748

My worst experience were usually caused by a former boss, not the hotels fault.

Sent me to a con six hour's drive away and give me no credit card info to give to the hotel. Had to scramble on the phone for an hour until her husband finally answered and faxed the credit card info to the hotel so I could get into my room.

Also sent a coworker and I to a con a few hours flight away, and forgot to give us CC info for the motel we were staying at the night before our flight back home. My coworker had to pay for the room and made our boss pay him back.

Non boss related but was chilling with a friend and their roomies. The guys were wrestling on the bed and one broke his nose. Blood on white bedding. We managed to wash the blood out with cold water and vodka.

Another case, a different friend and her roomies ended up in a room with MOLD in the bedding.

Hotel tried to say it wasn't there. One of the roomies had to pull a family name in who is part of a BIG corporate company to get the hotel to transfer them to a new room.

Also recently stayed at a Vegas hotel. If you ever wonder why the circus circus is so damn cheap. The rooms are literally on par with a cheap motel. Our room had peeling wallpaper on the window sill. Burnt out lamp, and there was MOLDY food in the buffet.

>> No.9521751

I've got two very minor stories compared to these ones.

One was the hotel gave us a room someone was already in. We just assumed it was empty so we bust it open and my friend opening the door shouted some stupid quote (early con days) only to have a naked man scream "what the fuck" as his girlfriend is trying to cover up. He screams at us through the door, my friend is freaking out, (she was 18 and hadn't seen a dude naked before) I have to calmly tell the dude to calm down cause it's the hotel's fault not ours. Hotel only comp'd us some sodas and 2 mini bags of chips.

2nd one
It was about 2 am and my group was all getting ready for bed, lights are out, tv is super low. We hear a knock at the door and think it's our friend who was gonna room with someone else.
Nope it's a drunk girl. She just walks right into our room and tries to climb onto our air mattress. "dude who moved our beds?" It took 2 friends 10 minutes to get her out of the room, and then another 20 to take her to the lobby to try and get her to the right room.

Because of all the horror in the thread I'm gonna share a short funny one.
It's one of the last cons of Sac Anime at the woodlake hotel. We have a mini grill for hot dogs and brought a ton. It's saturday night and we realize we have a good 20+ hot dogs left. It's about 1 am, we start grilling these hot dogs outside our room by the pool. Friend doing the cooking just starts offering random people from the rave hot dogs. We made like 15 friends that night. I miss the old hotel a lot

>> No.9521755
File: 17 KB, 480x297, brick-anchorman.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9521568
yeah, when they look in the mirror!

>> No.9521767

This didn't happen at a con, but on a large school event where we had to stay at a hotel for a few nights, one of the guys' rooms decided to fill plastic Easter eggs with Cheez-its and throw them at eachother like grenades all night, among other messes. They made no effort to clean it up whatsoever and the hotel managers were understandably upset. The entire group (over 90) had to wait on the buses for over an hour while the school faculty made the four people responsible clean it up.

>> No.9521785

>>9521368
oh god I saw this post on FB like 10 minutes ago, I thought most places would only let you pay with card so they can charge you extra for clean up fees>?

>> No.9521829

>>9521739
>I'm a bulimic but don't binge eat

I have rules about binging. Main one don't let other people be effected by fucking gallons of puke.

I get that when you're younger sometimes you have to keep it in bags to dispose of later to not get caught by parents but this guy sounds like he was surrounding himself in it as some trophy shit.

I can't think of why else he would keep it around and not just flush it? Usually you don't want people you'd run into again knowing about stuff like this but he was cool with people dealing with the aftermath?

>> No.9521844

>>9521829
He was storing it in case Mom didn't want to get his tendies.

>> No.9521845

>>9521829
Yeah, this seems like a really strange thing to do. I wonder if he sneaked in some hookers or something? Maybe he has a puke fetish and he was paying them to do it, because if he wasn't getting off on it somehow, I can't understand how any bulimic could be so nonchalant about leaving puke all over the place...

>> No.9521979

There's been some serious damage at kink-cons from people being bound off to TVs or Sprinkler Systems, and then the whole fucking floor flooded.

>> No.9522034

>>9521669
I've got Atypical Anorexia (one of those EDNOS/OSFED disorders) and reading shit like this just blows my fucking mind. When I binge it's usually not much more than the average junk food hungry person would eat, and I'm very anal about purging. Afterwards I'm way too sick to eat. I've been in Golden Coral with my husband (he likes it, I think it's gross desu) and there's this lady there who eats and eats and then purges loudly in the bathroom. Another guy was thrown out one because he had been there all day binging. ED is such a private and personal thing to me, the people make me sick. The cardinal rule of ED to me is not involving innocent bystanders in your disorder.

>> No.9522037

>>9521367
Random question: why does everyone seems to go to hotels for cons and not airbnb? especially if you're with a group of friends?

>> No.9522060

>>9522037
I'd assume its generally because cons are located in exhibition centres etc. which are usually adjacent to hotels.

>> No.9522122

>>9521751
>One was the hotel gave us a room someone was already in

This happened to me once at Colossalcon. We were checked into our room at a con when someone we didn't know unlocked the door and walked in. Cue mass confusion. She was a staff member for the con, and the hotel front desk had given her the key to our room and everything. We called down to sort it out and as best as we could tell the convention had never put her name into the system, and the front desk had just picked out the most similar-sounding name to hers from the guest list (ie her last name was "apple" and we had someone on the room with the last name "applegate").

The hotel was more confused than apologetic about it and didn't take any steps to fix it either, which blows my mind since they clearly didn't even check her ID before giving her a key to our room. Fortunately she was very nice but it could've been a bad situation if we weren't there at the time.

>> No.9522279

>>9522060
Also, sometimes in the case of larger cons, Airbnb owners figure out what dates people are coming to the city and jack up the prices for the duration of the con. They're usually good for smaller cons, though.

>> No.9522283

As someone who worked in housekeeping for years, this makes me furious.

Housekeepers have 15-20 rooms a day to clean and trashed rooms can take hours and multiple people to clean them.

I used to have to help with emergency cleans like this and was would be massively pissed if I didn't get a $20+ tip or OT reimbursement.

The horror stories I could tell from what I've seen.

>tldr; TIP YOUR HOUSEKEEPERS

>> No.9522292

>>9522034
People who BP in public are disgraceful hedonists who give bulimics an even worse name.

It's common knowledge you don't let other people know, just like you're supposed to rotate delivery places for binges so they don't think it's weird you order enough takeout for 10 people multiple times a week.

>> No.9522300

>>9522122
This happened to me once at a con that will remain nameless.
Even worse, we were all smoking up at the time.

We're friends now, many years later. I hope she doesn't remember that was us.

>> No.9522314

>>9522292
Man, bingeing and purging sounds fucking expensive.

>> No.9522317

>>9522314
It is. But I have an actual illness and can't stop myself.

>tfw you spend more in a week on shit you're just going to puke up than a new AP jsk

I could buy so much more burando if I wasn't so fucked up.

>> No.9522325

>>9522292
>>9522314
>>9522317
Y'all got nothing on my alcoholism. I'll fight with a nigga for not giving me back the 2 bucks I spent for his Reese's cups at the 7-11 but not blink an eye at dropping $60 every three days for another handle of Jameson's

>> No.9522330

>>9522325
Maybe you're just a really aggressive budgeter.

>> No.9522333

>>9522325
>60x3= 180
>new ap jsks are ~270
>realistically probably spend 320+ in a week bc it can't be cheap ice cream I puke up, only hagendaz or some other gourmet shit

You sure Ive got nothin on you?

>> No.9522383

>>9522317
I, uh, didn't realize how many of you have ED....

>> No.9522388
File: 325 KB, 477x351, 1443924937884.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9522325
>>9522333
Now now, snowflakes, you're both VERY fucked up. No need to flex disorders at eachother!

It really is not a contest.

>> No.9522401

>>9522037
>>9522060
Yeah. When I roll into a con, I do not drive for the weekend. Affordable AirBnBs are usually not within walking distance to most of the cons I do.

>> No.9522410

>>9522283
I wish it were common knowledge to leave tips for housekeepers. I didn't know about this until pretty late into my hotel hopping days. I'm sure the average con goer doesn't really know either-- or doesn't care.

>> No.9522601

>>9522317
Spend that money on therapy.

>> No.9522603

>>9522601
Therapy won't let me eat whatever my heart desires without going over 105 on the scale.

>> No.9522613

>>9522603
But it also won't destroy your esophagus like frequent vomiting will.

>> No.9522617 [DELETED] 

>>9522613
I'd rather die pretty from a hemmoraging esophagus than die fat. Everyone's going to die anyway so it's not like it matters when it happens.

>> No.9522646

>>9522617
Or you can just get controlled eating/exercise habits.
Eating $80 worth of junk food and puking it up takes a lot more effort than just eating a salad.

>> No.9522665

>>9522646
K I've been on a healthy diet before and I still wanted the taste of junk food. I'm not hurting you with my choice to shovel down pasta then puke so why are you trying to fix it?

>> No.9522672

>>9522665
Did you puke up your understanding of sympathy too?
I just don't understand the mindset of EDs and I'm trying to argue about it.

>> No.9522675

>>9522665
Because you'll either be dead in a few years or fat because you can't stop eating and you damaged your body so you can't purge it.

But ok, hope you're happy when you weigh 250lbs with a fucked up throat and teeth.

>> No.9522679

>>9522665
How long have you been bulimic, anon? It's surprising to see someone so happy to revel in their ED. You can eat your junk food in moderation. I have a massive sweet tooth, but I can still reign it in enough to keep my weight in check. Not judging you, just honestly curious.

>> No.9522685

>>9522672
>4chan
>sympathy

I'm confused.

>>9522675
Everyone dies eventually.

>>9522679
Off and on for almost 10 years. I wouldn't say I'm happy with it but I'm miserable no matter what so I might as well shove food in my face and puke. It's a control thing, so being on a normal diet isn't going to make me happy even if I can eat junk food.

>> No.9522696

>>9522617
Having bad breath, bulimia cheeks, rotten teeth and fucked-up organs isn't cute.

>> No.9522697

>>9522679

NAYRT, but honestly you really can't apply things like that across the board to everyone. What works for you isn't necessarily going to work for someone else. I'm not really condoning anon's bulimia, but I'm also not in their situation.

I had my own fucked up food situation where I gained weight super easily and couldn't get it or keep it off without really drastic measures, and doctors wouldn't really listen to me- plus anorexia type restriction was actually easier for me than "junk food in moderation." I don't know why, but it is. I got lucky and finally got a doctor that listened to me and gave me medication that helps so I can moderate a bit better and can go from 400 calories on a good day to a more healthy, steady 800-900 calories a day with an occasional snack or treat now.

>> No.9522718

>>9522697
Your situation is more uncommon, isn't it? For most people, just eating a balanced diet with occasional treats is enough to meet their goals. When you have an outlier like you, then yes, you definitely need to speak to a professional, which I understand can be a pain in the ass since a lot of them just say shit like, "Just eat less, it's not that hard."

>> No.9522723
File: 68 KB, 400x642, id rather die than be fat!!!11.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9522617
>pretty

you'll lose all your teeth and look extremely bloated in the face. But have fun ruining your life and being delusional instead of getting treatment.

>> No.9522732

>>9522723
It must be tiring to care this much about an anonymous posters personal business

>> No.9522734

>>9522697
I hope you're taking vitamins and iron and really watching your protein intake, that sort of calorie intake is otherwise nowhere near enough for adequate nutrition.

>> No.9522735

>>9522732
If she's gonna keep saying everyone dies, why doesn't she just die now?

>> No.9522737

>>9522735
>someone says everyone dies so why not kill yourself

i think you need a time out.

>> No.9522745

>>9522737
Haven't we spent this entire derailment saying that's exactly what she's doing?

>> No.9522748

>>9522732
This is kind of backwards logic since they posted their personal business here for everyone to see/comment on

>> No.9522749

>>9522718

Yes, you're absolutely right, my situation is very uncommon. It got incredibly frustrating hearing "LIFESTYLE CHANGES!!" and "HAVE YOU TRIED CUTTING OUT SODA?!!" when I haven't really touched a soda in like a decade, among other things I've tried and done and still do. Again, I understand my situation is extremely unusual, it's just cases like mine CAN pop up so I try not to assume.

>>9522734

Yes I am taking vitamins (with food that includes fat) and getting lots of protein, but I also have a blood disorder that means taking iron won't do shit for me but fuck me up so not much I can do about that I'm afraid. I am also checking in with my doctor and getting my blood work done on fairly regular basis too.

>> No.9522751

>>9522745
Not everyone with Bulimia dies from it anon. Telling someone to kill them selves when they're mentally ill is pretty fucked.

>> No.9522752

Boy howdy I sure love those hotel horror stories.

>> No.9522754

>>9522751
She has such an active disdain for the concept of ever changing or being healthy that you trying to help her is exactly as effective as me telling her to fuck off.

>> No.9522756

>>9522754
I'm not trying to help if she doesn't want it but I also have a moral conscious so telling people to kill themselves is not on my to do list. Really you might be as mentally ill as her if you think that's an okay thing to do.

>> No.9522757

Can we get this thread back on track please. No one cares if you have an obsession with your body image to the point of a mental illness.

All I can say about my hotel stay is one person ended up kicking down the joining room door thinking it wasn't linked to another room. Scared the crap out of us since it was like 3 in the morning and we where asleep.

>> No.9522758

>>9522732
>im gonna post my personal business online
>more than one person says this, must be a samefag

Whatever it takes to make you feel better about yourself anon.

>> No.9522761

>>9522758
Nobody said anything about samefagging. Where are you getting that from?

>> No.9522768

>>9522737
go back to tumblr.

>>9522665
Dude you could portion control stuff just as easy as forcing yourself to puke. Just buy your junk food and some ziplock baggies and do correct portion sizes. Also go for the healthier pastas, like the ones made of veggies and again portion control. Do some form of exercise too. You can burn a lot of calories fairly easy if you're willing to try. Cut back on food by $50 and get a gym membership shit.
You're gonna die at 35 instead of 65 at this rate. If you wanna die that soon fine, but shit think of the brand you'll be missing when you're dead.

>> No.9522781

>>9522768
I've done portion control and its not so simple just to do that, if I don't BP i have to do very low calorie restriction otherwise I star panicking, and if I low restrict I can't eat as much as I want. I exercise to begin with. Literally nothing you could ever say will change my ways.

>> No.9522787

>>9522768
If that anon wants to live an unhealthy life until they eventually learn the error of their ways or get so sick they have to change, then let them. Clearly they have no intention of changing, especially based on what some anonymous faces on 4chan say, so let this die and let's get back on topic before the entire thread gets purged.

>> No.9522794

>>9521751
>SacAnime
The Woodlake hotel was my first 2-3 SacAnimes right when I started getting into the convention scene, but since I lived locally, I'd only drive in for the day and never stayed past 6pm. It seemed like such a chill spot!

>> No.9522795

>>9522781
Then stop posting and replying.

>> No.9522799
File: 42 KB, 500x126, myswzAE6R1w6k9w6o1_500.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Just gonna skew this thread back on topic

>Usual con buddies aren't able to make it to a slightly out of town con
>Decide to room with distant friends
>Said distant friends are Homestucks
>Don't care about Homestuck but hey whatever, a cheap room is a cheap room
>Mention that I brought my PS3 + some movies
>Leave my PS3 and stuff in my luggage since I don't feel like hooking it up yet
>Go to bed early since I'm a vendor
>Or at least I try to
>Wake up at fucking 3am to a whole group of Homestucks singing along to The Lion King
>How in the
>Realize that they grabbed my PS3 out of MY bag without so much as asking
>Also realize that out of the group of 4 Homestuck roomies, three went with gray bodysuits and only ONE with bodypaint
>Guess who fucking handled my stuff
>"Oh, don't worry, anon! It washes right off, no one would even notice!"
>Pretty hard not to notice their grubby little handprints all over my underwear but w/e
>Go back to sleep
>Wake up at 11am
>Oh okay cool they turned off my alarm for 8am
>I can tell they turned off my alarm because guess who handled that
>Get my ass up and RUN to the bathroom
>Shit's locked
>Bout to bang on the door when I hear two different giggles
>Also hear a soft whirr
>Oh fuck this
>Pack up all my shit and just up and leave

I was able to find a different hotel room thanks to people in vendor/artist alley. Up until this experience I tried to keep a pretty neutral opinion on Homestucksbut oh well lol

>> No.9522802

>>9522795
no u

>> No.9522807

>>9522799
They were just brushing their teeth together, anon.

>> No.9522812

>>9522807
god i would hope so

>> No.9522815

>>9522768
Sorry but this is idiotic advice, recovery from an ED as serious as hers sound requires years and years of professional help, not just "buy some ziplock baggies" and "eat healthier food." And a lot of bulimics use exercise as a form of purging, so that's not the healthiest advice either. I get that you're trying to help but you really don't know what you're talking about.

On topic, what's with all the stories about people barging into occupied rooms, do other people not always use the manual lock and chain when they're in there? That kind of thing is nightmare scenario for me, so I'm always obsessive about it.

>> No.9522836

>>9522815
I've been guilty of not locking it without really thinking sometimes but I usually do.

I don't have any really awful hotel horror stories myself because I've been fortunate enough to room with close friends and, the one time I had to switch rooms last minute, there were no issues. These stories remind me of why I don't room with people I don't know well.

>> No.9522852

>>9522836
Not that anon but same, I have no horror stories because I've only ever roomed with close family or my best friend

>> No.9522862

>>9522815
I was the anon here >>9522757 and those room joining doors don't have that chain and lock. The other things that happen can be because someone was out of the room getting something or maybe they where waiting for the other people who where going to the room to show up. Other then that it's because some people are generally forgetful.

>> No.9522925

>>9522794
It was hella chill. Another year prior we were making burgers in the bed of a friends truck on our grill and people bought burgers off us.

The hot tub parties were fun too. Was probably the most social I was with other con people that weren't already friends. Hell we'd go out to it in winter and some dude from the rave threw a glow stick into the pool, my friend dove in and still has the glow stick since she beat a guy to it.

There is jack shit to do at the new con area. Unless you wanna play cards against humanity with a group for 15+. Hell can't even have a meet at the bar without normal hotel guests mean mugging the fuck out of you. The pool is so depressing too. I remember going the first year and the water was near white from all the gross bodies that had been in it.

>> No.9522970
File: 362 KB, 523x592, 1488711053115.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9521689
>shitty uncle

>> No.9523378

These threads are why I shell out $500 to stay in my own room for the weekend.

>>9522283
>tldr; TIP YOUR HOUSEKEEPERS
Why? All they have to do in my room besides making the bed and such is empty a few q-tips out of the trash in the bathroom. I'm not going to subsidize someone else's bullshit antics.

>> No.9523426
File: 212 KB, 675x1200, SkypePhoto_20170617_132655.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>otakon 2k16
>get hotel about allegedly 2 blocks from con
>its smaller and farther than they told us
>w/e were here and well manage
>get up at 6am to get cosplays on
>friend is getting a shower
>everyone else in the room starta to wake up at 6:15ish
>friend finishes shower
>here toilet flush
>yelling from bathroom
>"THE TOILETS CLOGGED"
>no one panics and just assume its a minor clog
>call down to room service to inform them
>more yelling from the bathroom
>"I NEED A TOWEL"
>still no one panics, we assume there might not be any clean towels due to several night shower people
>call down to room service again and ask for more towels when they come up
>yelling from the bathroom again
>"ITS FLOODING ONTO THE FLOOR!"
>look up
>water is spilling out from under the bathroom door into the room
>ohshit.jpg

>> No.9523435
File: 99 KB, 675x1200, SkypePhoto_20170617_132816.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9523426
>room wide panic as we now scramble to get everything of value off the floor onto the beds
>call down to room service a third time to inform them that the room is now flooding
>throw towels onto the floor to futilely combat the flooding
>holy shit the water is warm oh god ew
>hotel mateinence takes 10 minutes to arrive
>look into the room
>"oh this is gross"
>no fucking shit
>the get a call from their walky talky
>its now pouring down into the room below
>only 6:30 in the morning
>those poor people
>hotel scrambles to find us a vacant room
>finds us a smaller, shittier room 5 floors down
>we now have to make several trips to the new room with all our shit of 6 people haphazardly packed
>im half dressed in a wig cap
>other friends are just in pjs of boxers and tanks (all girls)
>talk to hotel about reimbursement
>they give us a refund for 1 night
>are you fucking shitting me

Possibly worst hotel experience for all of us

>> No.9523446

>>9523378
Then why even tip your waitress? They're preforming a service for you, so you pay them for their time.

>> No.9523451

>>9523378
>>9523446
I just clap instead of tipping.

>> No.9523498

>>9523435
>>9523426
Shit sounds crazy.

>> No.9523513

>>9522034
>>9522292
please kill yourselves

>> No.9523517

>>9523513
Lead by example.

>> No.9523521

>>9523498
Wasnt even the only batshit thing t
happen that year.
We were also accosted by a female flasher who tried to grab my friend.
A big black man started yelling at the flasher to leave us alone.
I never thanked him because we were kind of nervous and just wanted to get away.
He wasnt even a con goer, just a tough baltimore man.
Also if somehow, the people who were below us were seagulls and happen to see this- we felt so bad you were woken up to that hell of toilet water rain.
Even though the hotel admitted it wasnt our fault

>> No.9523664

>>9521367

>Fuck up hotel room.
>Sign your names on mirror.
>Think all of this shit is hilarious because who cares.

>Not realizing the hotel has all your info and is now going to charge you an extra $800 for your stupid shit and you can't come back.

>> No.9523674

>>9521751

At Youmacon last year there was a party ahead of me who informed the desk that if an Adam checks in at around 4 to give him a key. I have no idea why they would agree to that cause that entire time was a complete cluster fuck since everyone was trying to check in.

They gave both of our rooms a meal for the confusion and I made some pretty niffy friends for the weekend.

>> No.9523683

>Colossal Con 2015
>Me and friend sitting on belcony chillan.
>Room diagnal down from us starts going crazy.
>Apparently they where making a ton of cakes from scratch and then had a food fight.
>Entire room is filled with flower.
>One lone guy in his underware trying to get all the flower on to the belconey.
>Tell him to make a snow angle and he does it.
>His friends come out and all join him.
>Pretty much everyone in this room is fucking half naked.
>Not a single one of them know who actually owns the room either.
>Never find out either.

>> No.9523734

>>9523664
As some anons pointed out, some of the vandalism might've been caused by minors using a room that their parents are paying for.
I'm not sure if their parents just wouldn't bat an eye at an $800 charge for room damages or if the kids can't think ahead past 2 days.

>> No.9523767
File: 659 KB, 889x1018, 1495293423161.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9522799
>Also hear a soft whirr

>> No.9523850

>>9523521
Baltimore is such a shithole

>> No.9523871

>go to sleep late
>shortly after light turns off, roommate turns it back on and calmly says she was just bit by a bedbug
>everyone reluctantly gets up, we don't believe her at first
>till we start finding them
>and their feces smears

tl;dr had to trash and dry clean cosplay and brand and spend half a day in PJs due to fear of bringing anything into the new room (which they did comp for us)

moral of the story: CHECK FOR BEDBUGS. ALWAYS CHECK.

>> No.9523896

>>9521388
You could say that to troubled military personnel.

>> No.9523907

>>9523871
>and their feces smears
bed bugs leave behind visible poop?

>> No.9523922

>>9523907
The poop is actually what you're looking for when looking for bedbugs because they're so small, that and tiny things of blood.

>> No.9523946

>>9523683
Flour anon. He wasn't covered in tulips and roses.

>> No.9523948

>>9523664
>and you can't come back
Yeeeeah. Based on the stories up thread, and the things I've heard from a friend who manages a long-term stay hotel? Corporate doesn't give a shit unless you assault someone, or get caught committing a crime akin to kidnapping or murder.

My friend complained about a guy who would come in on a corporate plan and wreck his room a couple of times a year. His employers gave no shits and paid the bill, and her hotel's corporate offices basically told her the money from a trashed room was better than no money from an empty room.

I have to assume the repairs don't cost as much as what they charge for them, because those rooms have to be empty while they're fixed. But. Logic isn't really something I even try to apply to most corporate accounting schemes.

>> No.9523953

>>9523871
This makes my skin crawl just reading it. And I thought it was bad finding a roach on a towel at this cheap motel my friend and I stayed at for one night.

>> No.9523957

>>9523683

It's best never to find out

>> No.9523960

>>9523922
grosss

>> No.9524000

>>9523674
am i retarded for not understanding this

>> No.9524001

>>9523683
>belcony
>chillan
>diagnal
>where
>flower
>underware
>belconey (anon please)
>snow angle

are you even trying

>> No.9524058

>>9524001
Not that Anon, but sometimes people have disabilities like dyslexia that cause them to type poorly like that

>> No.9524074

>>9523446
>Implying I tip waitstaff
If they wanted a real paycheck they'd get a real job.

>> No.9524081
File: 34 KB, 450x500, franklinfail.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I was taking a dump when another girl came in and puked in the tub, then got mad at me for poopin'. That night she puked in my box of cereal and forced me to share my bed with her.

>> No.9524082

>>9521574
Most room stuffers don't use house keeping so they don't get caught, so they're probably used to that, I would think.

That, or they've got stuff you shouldn't bring. My friends would bring hot plates and mini grills (we always get a suite with a fridge) so we do that, but we bring trash bags and call to switch towels and all that, thank god.

>> No.9524090

>>9523378
because they control what gets reported as excessive damage to the room

>> No.9524092
File: 311 KB, 502x561, dwightontipping.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9523378

>> No.9524102

The stories from Rainfurrest before it died are truly horrifying.

>The roto-rooter company showed up twice over the course of the weekend. Somebody stuffed a bunch of towels into the hot tub drain and damaged the pump. Somebody else deliberately loosened a bolt in a bathroom, causing the next person who flushed the toilet to flood the room with two-and-a-half inches of water… directly above one of the hotel’s basement server rooms. Even the posters we put up around the hotel for the con game got vandalized or stolen. No act of destruction was too petty, or too grand.

Other incidents include:
>dirty diapers being thrown at cars
>bags of dirty diapers left in the carpark for staff to clean up
>hiding dirty diapers around the con for fun
>drilling gloryholes into their bathrooms
>shitting and/or jerking off in the hot tub
>putting dildo collections on full display in hotel room windows
>rampant drug overdoses and sexual assault
>fire alarms being broken so people could smoke weed

>> No.9524107

>>9523871
Stupid question from a Eurofag, but how are bedbugs still a thing in Burgerland? I've never ever heard of those animals aside from in history lessons about the 18th century (so apparently I just had to google what they are and how they look like).

>> No.9524116

>>9524058
you can turn on auto spellcheck for google chrome or get an add on or something if you're not going to make the effort to make your posts legible.

>> No.9524118

>>9523426
I'm most triggered about the woman in the picture not only walking around barefoot in the hotel room, but still walking barefoot on the carpet soaked by warm toilet water.

>> No.9524125

>>9524074
You're right. All waiters are going to eventually move up the employment ladder and eventually there will be no more restaurants since no one will staff them. No more fast food, no more clean buildings, public bathrooms will be a nightmare. Those people have real jobs now.

>> No.9524127

>>9524102
I missed the "fur" part of that first read through and was going "who could do something like that" then re-reading the name of the con I got it. fuckin furries.

>>9524107
Dirty people, humid areas, buying cheap mattresses from shady companies.

>>9524118
better than walking through it in socks? I wouldn't want my shoes ruined from it, and you can wash your feet off fairly easy since it's just water at this point.

>> No.9524130

>>9523521
>female flasher
now I'm curious. Its very rare for girls to do that type of shit. showing genitalia to those who don't want to see is typically a guy thing. what'd she look like? a walmart posterchild?

>> No.9524135

>>9524116
if you want to get triggered over shit that doesn't matter go to tumblr

>> No.9524137

>>9524127
I take plastic flip flops to walk around hotel rooms in. Watching too many hotel cleaning exposes has traumatized me. And the questionably clean carpet along with it being wet so floor debris can get stuck to the bottom of your feet. Just no.

>> No.9524287 [DELETED] 

>>9524058
I have dyslexia lol. I just put in more effort than most people to type legibly.

>> No.9524289

>>9524135
says the one crying over belconey anon's retardation

>> No.9524296

>>9524107

They're really easy to transmit and really hard to catch until it's too late and they've infested (and probably transmitted) to a bunch of people. My impression is Americans use hotels a lot more than Europeans do, just in general - those are the big vector for it. And not just shitty hotels, either, nice ones are fighting it too.

>> No.9524297

>>9524137
I learned this lesson after putting on some white socks right before getting ready to leave and needing to get some stuff from the bathroom. Just 10 minutes of walking left the bottoms black.

>> No.9524322

>>9524130
She was a drugged out looking black lady, actually

>> No.9524340

>>9524107
Bedbugs are hard as shit to notice at first. A friend of mine had them and said that for the first few months he only got bites and there was no other sign of an infection.

>> No.9524357

>>9524107
They've been a problem in Canada too, specifically in student dorms where they spread rampantly and are hard to control (since gross people can and will keep bringing them back). And on top of this, depending on your landlord, you can get totally boned if you get an infestation (my lease includes a clause that says the tenant is responsible for pest control). A friend moved into an apartment that was already infested because the rental company was a bunch of corner-cutting dickheads and had to fight tooth and nail to be reimbursed for the fumigation and lost rent costs.

Truly my worst nightmare. I can't imagine having to deal with bedbugs with the amount of stuff we have (brand, cosplays, boxes of fabric, stuffed toys...)

>> No.9524362

>>9523378
If you had to scrub shit stains out of toilets and pubic hair out of tubs, you'd want a couple extra bucks on top of your minimum wage.

Also how do you read this entire thread and not see how they don't deserve a tip? These disasters are more often than not, not just weebs are this disgusting.

>> No.9524371

>>9522383
Now I just want a Drawfag to craft a vomiting seagul in Lolita fashion.

>> No.9524390

>>9524074
I hope your food gets spat on constantly

>> No.9524402

>>9523446
Huge difference in making 2.15 an hour waitressing vs. the 10 some housekeepers probably make in nicer hotels cons are held in. why would I tip someone who makes a decent wage? I'm not the one shitting on walls like these filthy weebs, the most they'll do for me is empty a trash and replace towels. I won't tip to compensate someone elses terrible behavior.

>> No.9524405

>>9524402
You sound like a great person

>> No.9524496

>>9524130
You're assuming these women are attractive, anon.

Generally nobody who flashes is someone you'd want to see.

>> No.9524591

Nearly made my con room last year a horror story
> out at friend's room party and decide it's a good idea to drink Apple pie shots
> probably had about 3-4 red solo cups full.
> happy drunk time. Get back to room with bf.
> good until 6am when I wake up and vomit blood and black bile all over the sheets
> proceed to bathroom and puke. Miss the toilet a few times.
> looks like a horror movie.
> quickly realize it's check out day
Take all the sheets off the bed and bundle them nicely.
> clean floors with tissues to avoid staining more towels.
>leave a 30$ tip and an apology note.

Never got an extra charge for it

>> No.9524637

>>9524591
You're too good for this earth.

I accidentally pooped on some towels and snuck them into the maid's laundry cart while she wasn't looking.

>> No.9524717

>>9524637
>accidentally pooped on some towels

How

>> No.9524736

>>9524717
Puking up a bad hotel omelette in the toilet and lost control of my ass.

Luckily my bf was still asleep.

>> No.9524792

>>9524297
That is disgusting. They vacuum carpets, but they still need a good carpet shampooing done regularly.

>> No.9524796

>brought dog to fanime
>dog left in bathroom with me for 5 minutes while i showered
>chews off a significantly large piece of wallpaper
>fuck
>check out day
>left $25 tip
>never got charged for damage
>didn't even get charged for the dog's stay
tipping makes your life easier

>> No.9525026

>>9521785
What group was it on?

>> No.9525151

>>9524796
Or dont bring your fucking dog to a hotel? Especially if its so untrained.

>> No.9525158

>>9521402
KEK

>> No.9525164

>>9525151
There's plenty of reasons why they could have brought their dog, hush.

>> No.9525167 [DELETED] 

>>9524796
Why did you even have your dog with you? Are you one of those ~muh mental illness~ fuckers that thinks they need a dog with them everywhere they go? People like you are such attention whores.

>> No.9525177

Stayed with two seagulls a few years ago at Katsucon. It was me, a friend, my boyfriend at the time, and the two of them. We call them Overalls and Skinny, i think that they were both actually named Tom or something tho.

>Overalls showed up already reeking
>looked to be around 30
>oh yeah my mom dropped me off
>carried his waifu pillow literally everywhere the whole weekend
>didnt shower at all
>showed up and slept on MY bed for literally 15 hours straight, dont think he slept at all the rest of thee weekend
The agreement was that one bed was mine and my boyfriend's, the seagulls were to share the other bed, and my friend was fine taking the floor
>paid for a weekend pass but didnt go pick it up until Sunday afternoon
He wore this dirty pair of denim overalls the whole weekend, thus his name.

Skinny
>crossplayed, admittedly his cosplay was pretty good
>iirc he was a brony tho
>invited some dude and his sister? To the room, they were all like humping or some shit on the one bed while overalls was just kind of laying there with his waifu? And the rest of us are just awkwardly sitting around getting ready for the day
>sister goes into the bathroom
>she is literally on so many drugs, she's next to passed out slumped against the wall
>im fucking scared, she looks underaged too
>tell bf I cant deal with it anymore
>he tells them they need to get the fuck out
>they do
>Skinny and Overalls are much more respectful afterwards

Idk, it wasnt the worst thing that could have happened, bit it was definitely more stressful than it should have been.

If y'all are reading this, get fucked, you were both fucking awful.

>> No.9525181

>>9525167
Are you gonna comment this on anything mentioning a dog being taken somewhere in public because it's fucking annoying.

>> No.9525198 [DELETED] 

>>9524125
They're called "entry level" jobs for a reason. Same goes for fast food. Those jobs are intended to be filled by teenagers and maybe college students so they can A: Learn how to have a job and B: Build up a resume so they don't walk out of a university with nothing but a degree and a pile of debt.
>>9524390
>Triggered waiter
Seriously, how hard is it to write down orders and bring people food? If you don't like the pay then find a job that pays adequately. Nobody's forcing you to be a waiter.
>Inb4 "you've probably never even had a service job"
I'm an automotive technician and have been my entire professional life. I don't receive tips regardless of the job I do, be it changing someone's oil or replacing timing chains on an Audi V8. Even if someone offered me a tip I'd refuse out of professional pride. I make a decent wage because I know what my time and skills are worth and the shop owner pays me accordingly.
If you're a waiter making $2.50/hr. and you have no intention of moving up the chain or changing professions, you better believe that's all your time is worth.

>> No.9525217

>>9525181
Having a dog in public is fine (although they should stay outside of businesses and such for sanitary reasons) but I imagine that anon has a problem with the whole "service dog" fad like I do and yes, it's a fucking fad. I remember a time not too long ago when service dogs were used to guide the blind and that was pretty much it. Then they became supportive companions for folks with PTSD, mostly vets, and that was also fine. Now when I see a service dog there's a 90% chance it's leashed to some blue-haired landwhale for "emotional support" because she sometimes gets anxious when going outside to run errands. At this year's Sakuracon I saw no less than 10 service dogs and every one of them fit the above description. No veterans, no blind folks, all tumblrites.

>> No.9525229

>>9523871
Bedbug check is step 1 when I get to any hotel room. My brother is an exterminator so I have a whole checklist I go through every time.

>>9524107
My brother traveled to euroland for summer abroad class. Last day of the trip the entire class was hit by bedbugs. Literally a worldwide problem eurotard.

>> No.9525250

>>9524107
all the things people have said, plus the pesticide they used to use in mattresses to help prevent them became illegal to use some time ago. I remember being a kid and never hearing about them, then as a teenager I remember reading the articles about bed bugs spreading rapidly from east coast to west coast. Now as an adult living in california I see people's houses being fumigated regularly for them. It is horrible, they go from house to house sometimes, it is just one house on the block after another.

>> No.9525261 [DELETED] 

>>9525198
pffttt hahahaha!
what an actual retard over here!

>> No.9525269 [DELETED] 

>>9525261
t. asspained waiter

>> No.9525270

>>9525217
That sounds like a you problem, man. While I do agree, there's a time and a place for emotional support animals, I'm not going to shit on every person who has/needs one.

>> No.9525272

>>9525217
OT, but you do know that you just described three different classes of working animals right

>> No.9525273

Foreigners.
Bedbugs had been more or less extinct in the US until large influxes of third world unsanitary fucks brought them in and infested places.
If you don't have them yet you will soon, thanks to the "refugees".

>> No.9525274

>>9525229
What other steps are on the checklist?

>> No.9525275
File: 20 KB, 312x353, F7ABE445-FCBA-40BF-85C1-2BAE6C43CDD7-934-000000BDAA21E15F.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Thankfully, has nothing to do with roommates but
>Go to Midwest con
>There at 10am, find out they sold off our hotel room.
>absolute panic, start calling other hotels.
>find hotel #2 and it's an upgrade.
>next day, Saturday, on my way to a shoot I get a phone call.
>"Anon, they're kicking us out!!"
>Gotta haul ass back to the hotel
>due to either a computer error: they only booked us for one night and can't extend our stay because they're sold out on rooms.
>we have 30 minutes to get our shit and get out
>cue us calling around again while packing up.
>friend's little sister is crying
>two friends decide to leave early because fuck the bullshit
>hotel #3 is expensive but no issues whatsoever.

We weren't the only people with hotel issues but it was such a downer.

>> No.9525276

>>9523435
>takes monster shit that clogs hotel quality toilet
>gets pissy about getting comped a free night

>> No.9525288

>>9522718
It really isn't that uncommon. A lot of the fat itas that get posted on these boards probably have similar conditions. (Not all of them, but probably a good portion.)

After years of starving myself and getting no results, I was eating 500 calories a day and exercising as much as my body would allow me to without blacking out. I was still over 250 pounds. I just kept gaining and I was disgusted with myself at almost 280 pounds. I was terrified, because even though all of my levels were fine, I just didn't want to be that fat anymore. I could not let myself weigh 300 lbs.
So, not too far back, I found a female endocrinologist. First doctor to ever actually listen to me. Put me on medication.
Within five months, I'd lost 55 lbs. In twelve, 130. Now, I've been maintaining a normal, healthy weight at 1,200 calories a day, with sweets! I don't drink more than one sugary drink a week though.

>tl;dr anon's problem is more common than people like to think bc "you're fat so all of your problems can be solved with exercise!!" is what they've been conditioned to think.

>> No.9525289

>>9525273
>>9525273
Gr8 b8 m8
(7/8 only because you didn't use the word sandnigger)

>> No.9525306

>>9525273
That might be true, they also brought us back the scabies, which was a pretty much extinct thing over here...

>> No.9525309

>>9525167
>>9525151
you do realize that all the hotels at fanime allow dogs right?

>> No.9525573

>>9525217
>>9525270

There's definitely a time and place for comfort animals, and a crowded con isn't one of them. At Katsucon this year, I saw way too many small dogs being used as comfort/service dogs, including a fucking trembling chihuahua which seemed more distressed than its owner.

>> No.9525576

>>9525573
To be fair, chihuahuas are pretty much always trembling. I work in a boarding kennel and we had two chihuahuas recently who were 100% tremble, but they were SUPER happy and sweet. They generally tremble because of excitement or they're cold. Also, small dogs with a lot of energy= tremble.

Though I also agree that a con environment isn't good for most dogs bar professionally trained service dogs. (Blind, deaf helper dogs)

>> No.9525627

>>9525270
No service animals are overused, and not by people who need them anymore.
And thanks to the idiots who take their service animals where they don't belong any asshole can no bring their shitty dog into the grocery store. By law we're not allowed to ask if it's a service dog because they can sue us just for asking. It's bullshit. We all know your rat dog isn't trained.

>> No.9525634

>>9525306
It's really not, bedbugs are a lot like roaches, they develop resistance to pesticides in like two generations. Also, doesn't matter how clean you are. If even one of the little bastards gets in your bag, congrats, now you have them too.
Extermination has always been and always will be impossible because of their prolific breeding habits.

>> No.9525636

>>9525627
Small dogs are becoming more popular as alert dogs.
I'm just kind of wondering why people are so assmad about this

>> No.9525639

>>9524591
>blood and black bile

I hope to God you went to a doctor afterwards, you might have serious liver damage.

>> No.9525652
File: 52 KB, 500x667, toilet-water-shutoff-valve-1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9523426
>>9523435
Everyone should know where the shutoff valves are underneath toilets and sinks in case of emergencies like this.

Doubly so if you own your own home - and then you should also know how to shut all the water to the house off.

>> No.9525664

>>9525652

yes, good to know. In a hotel though sometimes they aren't accessible.

>> No.9525675

>>9525636
Because weebs/tumblr folk can barely take care of themselves, I don't trust their dogs to not be filthy and badly behaved.

>> No.9525693

>>9523734

If alcohol is involved (especially when they're underage and immature anyway), they may not be thinking about the consequences of their actions. They may not also have a lot of experience being away from their parents/teachers/handlers and may not have anyone there to tell them "this is a stupid idea - don't do it."

>> No.9525703

People on Lolcow are so hateful towards Nigri that they are saying her colosssalcon party is the absolutely most trashy con party ever recorded. Lol. This is why I love this thread. Her party was like any other con party. Give or take who actually attended, but by far nothing more extreme than other con parties Ive seen images, heard stories of. Body shots of hairy guys are tamer than half the shit I hear about from non-famous cosplayers/attendees.

Keep the horror stories rolling everyone.

>came home to hotel early because feet hurt from heels, its hot out, i need a rest
>fall asleep after taking makeup and putting on sleeping clothes
>im using the bed I have for the room
>the room in total has two beds
>wake up to some people making kinda quiet, but loud enough noises to wake me up
>I guess I rolled myself up in the blanket and just looks like a heap of blankets on the bed
>peek out to see what the sound is and two people Im rooming with having sex on the other bed
>awkwardly go back under covers, try to sleep
>they leave about 10 minutes later [because dude clearly couldn't last]
>wait another 15 minutes, get out of bed, change clothes, put on natural makeup
>get the fuck out of the room and don't come back until way late

I hate people who do this shit. Granted it looked like no one else was in the room, but what if one of the other 3 roommates wanted to come back to the hotel?

>> No.9525739

>>9525675
That sounds like a you problem

>> No.9525744

>>9525739
> wahh I should be able to carry my filthy animal around at all times

Those people need to get a personality so they don't have to fake one with a dog.

>> No.9525755

>>9525744
>wahh i can't stand other people having the audacity to bring their dogs into public places that dogs are allowed
pathetic

>> No.9525758

>>9524405
at least they arent a commie. I don't wanna pay for someone else's trash either.

>> No.9525761

>>9525164
No there really isn't. Any dog that's "needed" wouldn't be reckless.
>fucking dog obsession and dog white knights need to die

>> No.9525765

>>9525755
Most hotels do not allow dogs or any animals in general. Not just because of hygiene but because of allergies and destructive behavior. If you are bringing a dog to a hotel, you should be curteous and bring puppy pads with you. Also, always ASK first if you can bring the animal, regardless of if it is a dog or not. People who bring animals into grocery stores and apartments and claim "service dog" without any identification really bothers me. It puts a bad name out for people with actual service animals.

>> No.9525766

>>9525761
Dogs that aren't "on duty" are just normal dogs. Just because they've been trained for a special task doesn't mean they have no behaviors that normal dogs have. Usually service dogs are on duty in public spaces, but completely normal in their own home.

>> No.9525768

>>9525703

You were in the room. There might've been a sock on the door and you didn't notice.

>> No.9525770

>>9525765
The hotels in this conversation all allow dogs, so there's no real point that you're making here. Obviously it's bad to fake a service dog, but there's no actual identification for a service dog, either.

>> No.9525771

>>9525766
Normal trained dogs don't chew off wallpaper, sorry. Stop being a dog apologist.

>> No.9525774

>>9525770
You clearly didn't read my post. I am making a generalization, not merely referencing this convention. Also, while some hotels allow dogs, there is usually a waiver you have to sign. Problem is, some people just bring the dogs in without letting the hotel staff know. Also, a lot of fine print says service dogs only, not "Im going to show off my little mini-whatever" accessory dogs.

>> No.9525778

>>9525774
Hotels that charge you for having your dog stay are not service dogs only, as it is illegal to charge someone who has a service dog, and every single hotel is required by law to allow service dogs in the US.

>>9525771
This isn't true, I have a trained alert dog, and when he's off duty, he chews on shit like any normal dog.

>> No.9525780

>>9525778
But NORMAL dogs don't chew on stuff. NORMAL dogs are disciplined not to do that...if their owner isn't shit.

>> No.9525784

>>9525780
Normal dogs chew on stuff if they're bored anon... maybe get a dog before trying to make generalizations

>> No.9525785

>>9525784
I do have one. Have had 3 in my lifetime. Train your dog.

>> No.9525787

>>9525780
Sounds like you've never had a dog... time to stop talking.

>> No.9525788

>>9525784
Not on walls. Bring some toys or something if your dog chews on shit that incessantly. Are you saying if you take your dog to a friend's house it might start chewing on their furniture or walls and that's okay?

>> No.9525789

>>9525778
Jfc anon. You are completely blasting through anything I am saying and only reading what you want to read. You can't just bring a dog in without a signing some papers. They won't charge you if you say it is a service dog, but a lot of hotels have you sign a possible damage form if your dog destroys property. I am saying PEOPLE SNEAK THEIR INSERVICE DOGS IN AND THEY WRECK THE ROOM. They can ask if the dog is a service dog if they see you, but can't prod into documentation. Because of this kind of loophole, you have renters for homes/apts, people going into restaurants, and hotel/motel stayers who feign a dog being a service dog and you get these destructive issues other anons are talking about.

The loophole sucks for people with actual trained service dogs, who actually carry around documentation who are fully willing to pull them out if needed ever whether it is due to a hotel manager being unreasonably assholeish and demanding documentation, stores threatening to kick them out. Things like this. On the flip side, you have people with untrained dogs, pretending they are service, but know the laws and know that they can pretend and when asked for identification or why you dog doesn't wear a service vest or tag, say that you are going against their privileges as someone who needs a service animal.

There are so many topics on Tumblr that people agree to have used this loophole during conventions, for outings insides establishments. My mother actually has a service dog with a vest and everything, and it pisses me off when people pull this shit. It makes people untrusting because its so easy to just fake papers, or have none at all, or just buy a tag/vest and pay it off like your untrained animal is a service animal.

>> No.9525790

>>9525784
You sound like someone who lets their pets piss and shit on the floor because you can't be arsed to toilet train properly and then claim that it's normal.

>> No.9525801

>>9525789
You aren't listening either. There is literally no official documentation for service dogs. That's why people can't prod into it, because there is LITERALLY NONE. There is no service dog registry by the government, the most you get is a certificate from the trainer or academy that your dog is trained at, and some dogs are self trained. There is no official way to tell if a dog is a service dog or not.
And yes, you can bring a service dog in without signing papers; most hotels do not make you sign anything. Damage to the room is obviously dealt with just as any other room: if there's reported damage when you leave, you pay for it. There is no law that requires you to announce you have a service dog, just as you don't have to announce you have a wheelchair. Service dogs are treated as necessary equipment.
Again, fake service dogs are bad, but even service dogs can have destructive issues when they are off duty.

>> No.9525802

>>9525790
You sound like someone who has no idea about dogs.

>> No.9525804

>>9525785
chewing is a normal instinct for dogs, even those who are trained often will chew if they are given the chance to.
>>9525788
chewing isn't okay, but it's normal for dogs, which is the point being made.

>> No.9525862

My friend claims her dog is a service dog because the dog pulled her out of her depression, so she takes it everywhere. No just fuck off. Only those who really need it, such as people with epilepsy should be allowed to bring helper dogs.

>> No.9525870

>>9525804
That's some retarded semantics

>> No.9525871

>>9525804
No-one's saying chewing is bad, just that if your dog chews on walls that's poor training. I could understand if the dog was in a stressful situation or being neglected etc. but dogs should be trained to chew on dog toys or treats rather than furniture. Every well-trained dog I know (that wasn't a puppy any more) knew what was okay to chew and what wasn't.

>> No.9525927

>>9525862
saw someone pull that shit
>be at airport
>someone has 'service pug' on duty
>cop with drug sniffing dog sees it
>cop dog attacks, assumes pug is an eggroll with legs and breathing problems
>blood everywhere
I did my very best not to laugh, and damn it was hard

>> No.9525959
File: 138 KB, 387x555, Misato.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9521367
>.Go to con with driver
> Driver glugs 2/3rds of a bottle of strong whisky the night before setting out.
> Looks like death next morning.
> Drives clear across the state like a steely eyed missile man after barely keeping down the breakfast. .
> Collapses in a hung-over death-stupor when we reach the hotel.
> Not sure if Mad. Or impressed.

>> No.9525976

>>9524362
I understand tipping waitresses since here they don't even make minimum wage, just 2.50. And guess what? Usually they have to clean toilets too. Lots of jobs have to clean disgusting toilets. I don't tip people who work at botiques, and bookstores either. I wouldn't tip unless I made a huge mess for some reason, which I don't?

>> No.9526037

>>9525274
Depending on needs atm either unpack my bigger cosplay items and load cold foods to the fridge or wipe down toilet seats and tub with bleach wipes because I'm paranoid

>> No.9526068

>>9525976
I was gonna say, as a waitress I don't understand tipping your housekeeping staff, I don't trash the place and go out of my way to make things as easy as possible for housekeeping, is this a thing I'm supposed to have been doing omg

>> No.9526107

>>9526068
By that logic, I shouldn't have to tip you either then. I don't make a mess at the restaurant.

>> No.9526117

>>9525976
>here they don't even make minimum wage
Where is "here"
If it's the US the employers are required to increase the wait staffs pay to minimum wage if their tips dont cover the difference and the tips always cover the difference
I used to be a door man at a night club and would always get kind of pissed at the waitresses bitching about their tips after they just made 300+ dollars for 4 hours of taking people drinks

>> No.9526121

>>9524116
Spellcheck doesn't check for proper word usage, so half your criticisms would still be there regardless.

>>9524102
I thought I remembered seeing something about a lot of the more extreme diaper stuff being false rumours, but idk.

>>9524127
>fuckin furries.
For what it's worth, they were specifically "diaperfurs". I remember reading some of the tweets the last time this was shared and apparently they're like... one of the reject groups within the furry community that 90% of the furry community hates with a passion.

There were people walking around in nothing but bondage gear and diapers in the more public areas of the hotel, and that I remember seeing a picture of.

>>9525177
>carried his waifu pillow literally everywhere the whole weekend
Goddamn crossboarders.

>>9525703
>two people Im rooming with having sex on the other bed
Had this happen in my room, though I wasn't there to see it. Worst part was it was my (engaged) psychotic former housemate off her meds, and this creepy guy who literally lived in his parents basement surrounded by anime stuff. Apparently they were loud, too.

>>9525766
>Actually believes dogs are aware of when they're on and off duty
Dogs don't have the concept of "work schedules". Service dogs are thoroughly trained for not just their job, but behaviour as well, so they're not an inconvenience to their disabled owners. To them, they're "on duty" 100% of the time. We had an entire thread on the topic not too long ago and one girl mentioned how she was trying to do Yoga one morning and her friend's service dog kept freaking out thinking that her intentionally slowed breathing meant she was having a health issue.

Not only that, but when a legitimate service dog costs 20-fucking-thousand, they better be fully obedience trained enough to not chew random shit that isn't a designated chewtoy.

>> No.9526265

>>9524496
>I said the phrase "walmart posterchild"
>you're assuming I thought she was attractive

>> No.9526325

>>9525636
I work in a grocery store. We get idiots who don't understand "don't put your dog in the cart, we have to clean them if you do" and people who will not leash their dogs even though the city has a leash law. Had a dog try to get into our deli service area, and a little rat dog trying to bite customers, and the owner was mad we locked it in a room when we finally got it.
If your trash dog bite someone it's not only on you, our store has to pay out to, and that's why we hate your dogs.

I don't have a problem with dogs with the proper working harnesses, they're doing their job and are well behaved. It's the shitheels who think their ratdog needs to be with them just cause that bug me.

>>9525703
My group just shoots each other a text if someone needs the room for that, and a text for when it's safe to come back. I usually buy my friend a drink at the bar cause I go for quickies to not put my friends out for too long at cons.

>> No.9526339

>>9526121
Dogs are definitely aware when they are on and off duty. I doubt you actually have been around any service dogs, but they are well aware when they have to take care of their owner and when they are allowed to relax and play.
That story about the girl sounds extremely false, as service dogs are trained to notice specific health issues, not just general ones like "slowed breathing"

>> No.9526349

>>9523426
>>9523435
Lmao, thanks for the fun read anon.

>> No.9526352

Lol as someone with severe PTSD, yeah, playing with dogs is nice. I guess it helps. But I'd rather die than say my issues are as severe as a fucking war veteran's or that my would-be comfort dog is on the same level as an epileptic's potentially life-saving service dog.

>> No.9526355
File: 44 KB, 583x549, CVHFw7uXIAAwIvl.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>cant fucking believe a hotel horror stories thread turned into a thread about dogs

>> No.9526366

>>9526355
stepping in dog shit is the real hotel horror

>> No.9526375

>>9526355
sharing space with dogs if they're not yours sucks. They're loud, messy, and people rarely train them. It makes sense people don't like them in hotels

>> No.9526385

>>9524357
I have a friend who went through this just recently as well. She ended up purging almost all of her cloth goods, and the fear of coming into contact with bedbugs sends her into a panic attack. It was months before she was able to break her lease and get out.
I couldn't imagine being stuck with bedbugs because of a bad hotel.

>> No.9526387

What about we switch from dogs to furries.

>staying in hotel for a convention with my friend and her friend, who is a furry, i don't really know them
>didnt finish their fursuit, so they miss day 1 of con to work on their fursuit in the room
>i come back next day, jaw drops
>fur is embedded into ever crevasse of the hotel room. there is fur all over the beds. the floor has a layer of fur over it. there are pins all over the floor.
>furry has made an island of safety for themselves, only walkable surface in the room
>i discover wearing shoes straight out of the shower is fucking uncomfortable
>brush the fur off of my bed and go to sleep
>they miss the next day again to work on fursuit
>come back, step into hotel, take a deep breath of fur, my lungs are padded with plush
>this is hell
>they refuse to clean up the fur and instead have a breakdown over it in the bathroom
>ANON HELP ME I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO!!!
>notmyproblem.jpeg

I always tip the maids, I gave a bit more that last day because i felt super bad. Hotel wasn't in my name so i didn't know if they got hit with a cleaning charge. Never staying with people I don't know firsthand ever again.

>> No.9526392

>>9526387
>miss 2 days to work on fursuit
so they spent money on a hotel room and pass to sit around and go to one day of a con?

>> No.9526396

>>9526392
Yep. They didn't even wear it on the final day because it was still unfinished. They forced themselves out of the hotel room in tears and I lost them as fast as I could when we got to the convention center. I don't know how this person manages to feed themselves.

>> No.9526402

>>9526387
Theres something about people bringing and working on their cosplay AT the con hotel really bugs me, if its minor stuff thats fine, but pretty much making the whole damn cosplay? Just leave it at home and finish it for the next con
Sorry that happened to you anon, stepping in hair is something that really rustles my jimmies (and people with no decency for others)

>> No.9526416

>>9526392
>>9526396
>>9526402
That is my worst nightmare. As someone who has missed many hours working in the hotel room (but never a full day combined), and also can't afford in money or time to go to many conventions, and also only cares about cosplay and not programming, I see not having a costume ready that you've already slaved over as a nightmare. Perhaps it's similar to the furry.

>> No.9526420

>>9525784
Yes you are right that normal dogs chew, but that is why normal dog owners aren't shit and bring their dog a chew toy or two on trips longer than regular walkies.

>> No.9526428

>>9526402
I finished my friends fucking Papi wings for her in our hotel room the night before the masquerade of our con. She got crazy drunk and couldn't see straight.
She had 5 months to make these wings. Asked her multiple times if it was going well. Saw her boots that were turned into the tallons and they looked great. Don't worry about it and continue working on my Mia. Day to leave for con arrives. She comes out to our van with a box of feathers and the foam for the under wings. 1st night of con she spends 3 hours hot gluing feathers to foam, has about 1/4 of the 1st wing done. I took over the next night and did the the rest of the wings in about the same amount of time. She fell on stage when we did our walk on. I laughed real hard and still bring it up.

I've given up on doing group costumes with her.

>> No.9526432

>>9526416
Ok but you mentioned you dont go to many cons, unless you're going LAST SECOND like decided the day before the con (even then c'mon) you should plan ahead MAKE TIMEa nd work on it as much as you can BEFORE the con, and only need to do slight touchups in the room. Otherwise you're procrastinating and its your fault but don't subject your peers to a cosplay prep room they probably payed equal amount for. They wanted a hotel room not your cosplay mess.

This is also one of my nightmares tho, i have literal nightmares of me showing up at the con and not bringing a cosplay or forgeting a vital piece or cloth of my cosplay... ;_;

>> No.9526761
File: 156 KB, 373x327, 1376303198189.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9525927
>blood everywhere
>did my very best not to laugh

>> No.9526763
File: 60 KB, 600x450, 1495322260436.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9525927
Sounds fake, why would a trained cop dog attack for no reason?

>> No.9527261
File: 26 KB, 640x467, pleasedont.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

This girl soaked through the sheets with blood and ruined the mattress. Turns out she'd gotten an abortion days before the con and was still having troubles.

>> No.9527393

>>9522410
I think a lot of people don't know to tip housekeeping. I staffed a con once and we were staying in a very nice hotel in the heart of the city. It's usually people on business travel staying there since it's so close to a lot of major company headquarters. It's the last of the con and I catch the woman who was cleaning our room and I scramble to get cash out of my wallet to tip her. I forgot to get cash so I only have like $5 but I hand to her and she nearly bursts into tears. She kept saying "god bless you sweetie" and how I didn't have to do that. It wasn't until after I left that I realized that people must not tip her.

>> No.9527400

>>9527261
I'm no expert but isn't this something you should hold off on if you have any major events coming up...? Like unless there was a real medical emergency did she really need to have scrambled fetus scraped out of her days before a con?

>> No.9527565

>>9526121
>I thought I remembered seeing something about a lot of the more extreme diaper stuff being false rumours, but idk.

There were photos of bags full of diapers in the parking lot and thrown on cars. I seriously doubt trolls worked together to defecate in that many adult-sized diapers.

>> No.9527605

>>9527400
depending on her state/local laws, they might have legal restrictions that severely limit her ability to reschedule. Or she lives in an area where there's only 1 clinic within 100 miles and it's booked months ahead.

Better to ask why she couldn't just skip the con.

>> No.9527618

>>9524107
friend was bit by bedbugs in a hostel in Munich 2 years ago. Unfortunately, not only a murrican problem,

>> No.9527620

>>9527393
I used to be housekeeping at a nice resort hotel in my area and getting paid more than a dollar by any room was great. Hell, I'd even take the dollar. The rare occasion I'd get a 20 from a huge like 9 person suite, I'd be over the moon. Like even if you can only leave us 3 bucks, that is still a nice gesture, or at least it was for me.

>> No.9527750
File: 496 KB, 2448x1632, 4344.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9527620
Last year during Dragoncon I tipped the maid $50.

After that she set it up to where I didn't have to pay for the overpriced liquor and snacks in the room. She cam through and restocked me every day without it showing up on my bill.

>> No.9527774
File: 573 KB, 722x811, DUEAyWR.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Speaking of Rainfurrest, enjoy visible proof of the shit (pun intended) that went down there. NSFW btw

Part 1: http://imgur.com/a/qcPC8
Part 2: http://imgur.com/a/mkBay

>> No.9527817

>>9527750
Housekeepers don't actually do the food restock, so she probably was friends with the foodservice crew and asked them to do a solid or she used your tip towards that.

>> No.9527846

>>9527774
This shit doesn't even gross me out anymore, it just makes me so sad.

>> No.9527970

>>9525927
You should've switched which dog attacked in your fake story. A trained police animal would never attack another dog for no reason.

>> No.9527986

>>9527970
Yeah, especially a sniffer dog. They're especially trained from birth for delicate things like bombs, drugs, and even illegal animals. And even if that did happen, no happy ending, It got put to sleep because it had a psychotic break.
If anon's to make up a story then they should at least know what the hell they're talking about jfc.

>> No.9528033 [DELETED] 

>>9527261
Ugh, poor girl. When I was 18 I had an abortion and had to fly out to Maine for a "funeral" (memorial service on top of Mt Cadillac where we ate trail mix and said nice words about the fucker) the next day. Couldn't skip out because I didn't want to tell my parents that I had just had an abortion, and even though I had no complications flying on a plane and climbing a mountain is NOT a fun time after having a fetus sucked out of you.

>>9527400
I wouldn't have skipped the con if I already paid for it, but I wouldn't have done any cosplays probably. Also, depending on how early in the pregnancy it was, she might not have been able to wait. It sounds like she had a medical abortion, which need to be done sooner than a surgical abortion (taking a pill that causes a miscarriage vs getting the actual removal surgery). If she had waited the day after she got back, she might've had to have a completely different procedure, if any at all.

>> No.9528039

>>9528033
You sound like a garbage person.

>> No.9528047

>>9528033
Yeah man damn those fetuses, just appearing inside you one day out of nowhere and inconveniencing your funeral and anime convention plans. Can't get a break from life's little troubles huh

>> No.9528053

>>9528039
>>9528047
lol moralfags

>> No.9528064

>>9528053
This isn't /b/ circa 2007 anon. Wake up.

>> No.9528073
File: 44 KB, 616x382, 98798789797.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9528064
>isn't 2007
NO U

>> No.9528091

>>9528064
Get off 4chan

>> No.9528737

>>9521442
Had a few at a con I didn't attend in a hotel here a few years back. I was following the con's facebook page and they had to issue warnings each day because of them. The majority in the area were using either unsealed body paints or straight up watercolor paint. Then getting sweaty as a homestuck is going to and resting against walls transferring paint. Another group climbed into the hotel's hot tub in their shit paint.

>> No.9528911

>>9528064
Lurk moar post less newfag

>> No.9528913

>>9528737
As a homestuck who spent 3 hours on my body paint, sealing each layer,
I profusely apologize on behalf of honestuck cosplays

>> No.9529195

Had a roommate do baby's first troll homestuck cosplay and she managed to get grey paint on almost every towel in the room on the first day. And of course because a con was going on there were no extra towels. I usually bring my own towel to a con now.

>> No.9529206

>>9529195
Anyone who does a body paint cosplay should know to bring their own towels. People should stress this just as much as sealing.

>> No.9529224

>>9529206

If you're using cloth towels to deal with body paint you're doing it wrong.

>> No.9529226

>>9529224
At least you're doing it wrong on your own towels

>> No.9529229

>>9529206
Sugar scrub, bristle brush, and olive oil soap work better.
Then you make up wipe anything else.
Less mess and better for your skin

>> No.9529251

>>9529229
Not sure why you're telling me this

>> No.9529256

>>9529251
Because you seem to think people with body paint are going to soil more towels, when really, they dont need any more towels than anyone else if they know wtf theyre doing.

>> No.9529280

>>9529256
Still don't want them soiling the hotel towels, even if it's just one.

>> No.9529334

>>9529280
So... Do you have like... communal towels when you share rooms with people?
Because most people have their own designated towel to use.
This is either that you have a vendetta against anyone who uses body paint or you're nasty as fuck and share unwashed (IE soiled) towels with other people.
Because I consider any used towel to be soiled by default. Especially during summer cons when everyone is sweating like a pig.

>> No.9529346

>>9529334
The fuck is your problem?
Yes everyone in the hotel room gets their own towel. The person with body paint gets one too, yes, but if they're not a fucking cunt, they use their own towel from home so the hotel doesn't have to wash paint out of their towel.
Why is this so hard to understand? You keep assuming things that I have neither said nor implied.

>> No.9529354

>>9529346
But the way i mentioned how you wash of the body paint, you're getting next to none on the towel, so I still don't understand your beef.
The hotel tosses all the towels in bleach anyway. So a minimal amount of body paint isn't any different or harder to clean than a minimal amount out make up.
You're insisting that some how a small smudge of body paint is the worst thing imaginable ever on a towel and will be 9001 more hours for the hotel to clean out.
If you're not a cunt, you don't even need to bring your own towel. You wash it off properly in the shower.
It's you who are the one who is having difficulty understanding, not me.

>> No.9529370

>>9529354
You're the one going full-autismo about how to wash paint off. No Homestuck is going to do that shit.

>> No.9529405

>>9529370
Not that anon, but it doesn't hurt to let people know how to wash the paint off better, if not for Homestuck fans (as you got a point here) but hopefully less stupid fandoms that need body paint. Personally I think the make up wipe thing may be a little overkill as long as you use some kind of "scrub", but whatever works.

Besides a good chunk of homestuck fans are so entitled they may hog all the towels anyway

>> No.9529411

Homestuck who tried to dye themselves in the tub with sharpies and alcohol. The end.

>> No.9529418

>>9529405
Yeah, my point was mostly aimed at the people who use all the towels in the room to wash their shit off.
Anon made a valiant effort but no underaged kid is going to do this scrub/oil routine. It's cheaper and easier to just bring your own towels to soil.

>>9529411
Yeah there's a cap of it near the top of the thread.

>> No.9529774

>>9524736
>lost control of my
>ASS

>> No.9529949

>>9524736
>>9529774
Honestly, same. I have been laughing at that phrase for a good while now.

>> No.9529957

>>9527774
>Part 1
If you need a shirt that tells people you don't fuck dogs, MAYBE it's time to rethink your life.

>> No.9529975

>>9527620
Where is the best place to leave a tip for the cleaning staff? I would want it to be obvious that it is for them, and I didn't just accidentally leave money out. Should I leave a note?

>> No.9529996

>>9529975
I always leave my tips on the nightstand sticking out of a folded thank you note from the notepad the rooms provide! Any decent housekeeper will wipe down all surfaces and see it.

>> No.9530053

>>9525789
>>9525801
>both posts have "produce" autocorrected to "prod into"

Stop arguing with yourself.

>>9529975
Yes, leave a note indicating it's for the staff. Otherwise, even if you mean to leave it for them, they can get in trouble.

>> No.9530093

>>9529957
Oh you can tell he does, looks like a fucking creep

>> No.9530104

>>9530053
"prod into" is grammatically and contextually correct the way it's being used you walnut

>> No.9530166

>>9525288
Found the fatty.

>> No.9530195

>>9522034
>>9522292

>ED is such a private and personal thing to me
>It's common knowledge you don't let other people know

yet you still write about your little disorder on an korean massage parlor board like its an accessory.

>> No.9530204

>>9529405
As a former Homestuck, body paint was such a humbling lesson in hotel etiquette for me because I had never consciously realized what a bad idea it is not to bring your own towel to a room.

I spent an hour and a half scrubbing in the shower one of the first times I wore paint because a roommate had left streaks on her 2 towels. I have this retail knee-jerk to clean up anything I wiukdbt want to clean up while working myself so it was a wake up call.

>> No.9530222

>>9521372
Of course he's fucking fat.

>> No.9530227

>>9530195
Not them but geeze anon, 4chan isn't irl. It's anonymous. They aren't attaching it to their name, social media or some stupid status to garner attention. It just seems more like they're venting of something they usually can't talk about in public to most people but can in an anonymous message board.

How dense can you be.

>> No.9530228

>>9521689
>In this case, we didn't even fucking charge them for the cleaning, or the days the room had to remain out of order to air out.

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?
How fucking spineless can people be? Wtf is wrong with people? The people that were too chicken shit to give them the boot deserve to clean their shit with a smile on their face.

>> No.9530288

>>9522283
or you know, maybe your shitty country could get a basic minimum wage so you can abolish tipping like every other country in the world or w/e.

>> No.9530405
File: 86 KB, 449x401, occupier.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9530288
>yuros come to America
>routinely rave about how good the service is
>complain about tipping
Come on, is this really that hard to put together. I thought you guys were supposed to be smarter than us.

>> No.9530560

>>9530104
>you walnut
Anon with the food insults, you are always my favorite anon on cgl.

>> No.9530742

I once stained the hotel floor with fake blood and just left without saying anything. No more fake blood or body paint for me.

>> No.9530747

>>9530742
Omg why??! Did you get busted?

>> No.9530778

I think my only hotel horror stories involved a roommate doing full manscaping for his crossplay and the other was a petty catfight over underaged b8 from the "rave".

>>9530222
That guy taking the pictures is one of the con staff telling people to not do that shit. What did you expect? A-kon is 29 years old, so you've got older fat people running it.

>>9530288
I'm pretty sure most people in burgerland are not opposed to this concept, but.. y'know... we have a lot of greed in high ranks that don't feel like paying their workers this basic minimum wage in certain jobs.

>> No.9530798

>>9525801
>>9525789
https://www.ada.gov/archive/qasrvc.htm
https://www.ada.gov/service_animals_2010.htm

You don't have to have your certification or paperwork proving you disability. You do not have to provide it as it is illegal for people to ask you for it. HOWEVER people are allowed to deny you service or kick you out if your service animal acts threatening or misbehaves. Service animals may or may not have vests (although most do), and unfortunately people can buy vests online for their pets and claim they are service animals without the animal having any training. You can tell who is a real service animal and who isn't. Trained service animals are quiet, are always at the heel position when walking unless completing a task. Sits at heel or between owners legs when stopped and not completing a task. Does no lunge or pull on the leash/harness. Does not beg. Sits under a table or chair when in a restaurant. Basically like they are not even there unless they are doing a specific job in that moment.

Emotional support animals are different. They don't really need training and don't get certified. They can, but its different than a service animal. Most often its just a paper from the persons therapist stating that it is indeed an emotional support animal. This animal is not afforded the same things as service animals. They can get leniency for certain travel accommodations and certain boarding/renting situations. But even the its at the discretion of the business.

>> No.9530813

>>9525976
>>9526117
This. Their employer has to make up the difference if they don't make it in tips (in the US). They cannot legally make less than minimum wage at the end of the day. The starting base pay may be 2.50 but it is assumed they will make up the difference in tips, if not then the boss pays them whatever the difference is to make it minimum wage.

I think its bullshit to pay anyone below a living wage, let alone use a loop hole like 'they make tips so I don't have to technically pay them'.

However misrepresenting the law here isn't going to help your case.

Also I am not obligated to tip anyone. Tipping is a thank you for good service. If a someone gives the literal bare minimum when there is no reason to (not busy, staffed correctly) or is just fucking awful I don't tip. They don't deserve it. I Have had coworkers be the worst fucking possible servers, at different types of jobs, because they knew they were going to be tipped SOMETHING or because we pooled our tips at the end of a shift. Fuck them, fuck that. If they suck they don't deserve my money or yours.

Sincerely, service industry bitch.

>> No.9530820

>>9526121
>>9526339
Kinda both. Dogs know to behave when out in public and act a certain way. Dogs at home In a relaxed setting or allowed to (given release to) play will act relaxed and like a normal dog, but depending on what they are trained for, will still be working. Like dogs trained to smell hormonal changes in their owner. Or act a certain why when humans exhibit certain behaviors (fainting, changes in movement or breathing).

>> No.9530828
File: 84 KB, 650x878, 1498191968627.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9526375
I dog sit and I hate half the dogs I get because of how untrained and unsocialized they are. The owners always lie about it. How could their little angel have no potty training, chew everything, be aggressive and literally follow no commands.

Makes me appreciate the time and money I sunk into mine early.

>> No.9530838

>>9527393
I'll generally tip 5 bucks because I use the shit they put in the room and they have to restock it. And sometimes they have to go out of their way to restock certain things depending on the hotel (coffee stuff, snacks, ext.) If I leave a mess I'll tip more.

However when I first get in the room and shit is dirty (sheets not changed, shower gross, obvious stuff from last occupants) they aren't getting a damn thing.

>> No.9530879

>>9530798
Hotels/housing and traveling such as trains and airplanes aren't allowed to turn away esa though.

>> No.9530904

>>9530879
They can't be turned away, but you may have to follow stricter rules. Like they remain in a crate for the duration of travel. Or they not be allowed in certain spaces of the hotel.

My rental wouldn't have let my gsd be on the property unless he had his esa papers, because he is considered an aggressive breed and is 5 pounds over the weight limit. Because I have those papers they cannot refuse me the rental, but I'm not allowed to take him anywhere any other dog here is allowed to go. He cannot go to the pool with me, where as a service animal could.

>> No.9530907

>>9530904
sorry *not allowed to go

>> No.9531294

If I get junk housekeeping I'm not tipping. I once was in a hotel at a con and all the maids did was make the bed and deliver towls. Not even restock the much needed toilet paper. No way we're we going to too such lazy ass service

>> No.9532372

>>9521372
Dad?????

>> No.9532378

>>9521542

Deposit? A hotel room stay is not an apartment.
That "deposit" is you paying a portion of the total bill before the end of your stay. It's called a "deposit" in case you're a no-show for your reservation or didn't cancel it in time and it's only a 1 night charge. Some will "give it back" and then the recharge is the full amount.

>> No.9532684

>>9532378
The hotels I've stayed at are price of room at check in PLUS a deposit in case of damages. Least that's what Cali's hotels do. The hotel I book for my con doesn't charge you until you check in and always says the deposit is because of chances of room damage.

>> No.9533142

>>9532684
This was always the case with every hotel I've stayed at for Otakon here on the east coast, as well. Full room price+ $50-$100 deposit at check-in for potential damages, returned if the room wasn't destroyed.

>> No.9537673

>>9521386
>grown adults
It's an anime con

>> No.9537915

>>9537673
Grown adults attend anime cons. Maturity levels vary.