[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 219 KB, 720x380, cutemakeup[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9586890 No.9586890 [Reply] [Original]

Old thread >>9527330

>> No.9587234

What's the best sparkling pink eyeshadow out there?

>> No.9587256

>>9587234
Define "pink". Cool? Warm? Dark? Light? Do you have a specific shade of pink you want? Aside from that I like Colourpop's Bubbly, and Aritaum's Shine Fix Eyes line personally.

>> No.9587285

I want to buy a setting spray and of course the no1 recommendation is Urban Decay's All Nighter. However, I have oily skin and they recommend their De-Slick setting spray.

They're the same price, do you think i should just go with the All Nighter, which is for all skin types, or go for the De-Slick, which is specifically for oil control?

>> No.9588265

>>9587285
I am not sure about availability where you live, but I highly recommend Bobbi Brown setting spray. I use mousturizing cream in the morning and evening on top of that, and my skin stays looking fresh, unless it's really hot. Then nothing can save me.

>> No.9590236

I have combo skin with some acne and i'm not sure what contour would work better with my skin. Cream or powder?

>> No.9590243

>>9587285
I have combo skin and All-Nighter works fine for me but if they're all the same price, I'd give de-slick a shot!

>> No.9590485
File: 24 KB, 355x355, IMG_4571.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Looking for setting spray recommendations and general advice.

I have been using a setting powder (pic) which I guess I shouldn't because I have dry skin. I've been using Supergoop! Setting Mist because it's SPF 50 but it doesn't really keep my makeup in place.

Do I need a better setting spray? Are there any setting powders okay for dry skin?

>> No.9590498

>>9590485
Nothing wrong with using a setting powder with dry skin unless it accentuates your dryness. I find that a light dusting of translucent powder (would recommend Laura Mercier or the skinfood peach loose powder) set with a mist helps smooth over my dry areas.

I would recommend urban decay's allnighter or the loreal infallible setting spray, but use an instore tester if you can to see how they work with your skin.

>> No.9590532

>>9590498
I'll try the UD spray! I have a coupon and they sell travel sizes so I've been itching to try it. I feel the powder sets my foundation better than a spray so I'll look into the two you recommended.

I really wanted the Primed and Poreless to be a hit because that packaging is so cute but oh well.

>> No.9590540

Kind of a makeup newfag (mostly doing eyeliner and shadow), and I recently picked up some green neutralizing powder for my breakouts. At what point should I apply it for maximum coverage?

>> No.9590583
File: 102 KB, 1024x683, Skindinavia.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9587285
>>9590485

Have you checked out Skindinavia sprays? They actually produce for Urban Decay and I swear by their Bridal Fixing Spray. It can be a tad drying after extended use, but on the plus side your makeup won't budge.

Have a read of this if you're confused about the difference between setting and fixing:
https://www.reddit.com/r/MakeupAddiction/comments/3f42bu/enough_misinformation_the_real_and_actual/

Sorry for the reddit link, but it's actually super helpful.

>>9590485
If you have dry skin then setting powders can be hit and miss. I also have dry skin issues so I just apply the powder to my under eye area and to my forehead. Basically anyplace where I'm prone to creasing or sweating.
I opt for finely milled loose powder. My current one is from Australis and it's surprisingly good.

As for dry skin and sprays here's what I do:
Everyday Makeup
>NYX Dewy Finish Setting Spray
It's labelled as a setting spray but it's actually a fixing spray. The staying power isn't amazing but it doesn't leave me feeling dehydrated.

Big Events/meetups/etc
>Set with Models Prefer Finale Setting Mist
This gets rid of any accidental cakiness and smooths me out a bit
>Fix with Skindinavia Bridal
My makeup is fairly bulletproof after this, but using it 3 or so days in a row dries me out.

When you have dry skin your pre-makeup prep is also very important. I use a fair few products but it's really helped me:
>Spray face with Mario Badescu Herb Water
>Apply a few drops of cold pressed Rosehip oil
>Small amount of The Ordinary Natural Moisturizing Factors + HA
>The Ordinary High Spreadability Fluid Primer
>Apply makeup with damp beauty blender

>>9590498
Did you like the loreal spray? I found that the spritzer was really shoddy so it left me with giant drops of spray on my face. It also dried to a really chalky finish.

>> No.9590714

>>9590583
I liked it, however I live outside the USA and the l'oreal spray here has a different bottle than I've seen in American reviews. I find it mists really well and the bottle is transparent and shows that there's basically a bunch of powder/sediment in the bottom and it needs shaking up before use. I actually find the finish isn't that dry/matte either and my only complaint is that it smells a bit chemical.

Maybe I shouldn't actually go around recommending it to people now that I think about it, since the packaging and maybe formula could be different.

>> No.9590737

I have a question regarding eyes/lashes/mascara

For as long as I've been using makeup when I apply mascara of any type it's fine until about an hour in and the corners of my eyes feel like there's either a lash in my eyes or about to fall. so I end up pulling the product out of my lashes and it would still feel that lash in eye feeling. The center feels fine

Is it eye irritation? Allergy? Sensitivity? Other? If so what macaras would you gulls recommend

>> No.9590792

I'm getting mildly desperate regarding my eyelashes and am seriously considering a perm. Has anyone had it so far? It sounds like it really depends on the person's experience, so I'm planning to get it done in a place where they've done lots already.

Right now it droops down no matter what i do with curling in the morning and it's so frustrating to not have an open eyed look. The only thing that works somewhat is heat, but that can take a longer time and nobody aint got time for that.

>> No.9590886

>>9590714
Sorry if I came across as condescending. That totally wasn't my intention.
I was just really curious about how the product went for you since different products work for different people. Go ahead and recommend whatever you want.

>> No.9590890

>>9590792
I have dead straight, super fine lashes and I just gave up and got lash extensions. Perms here are a similar price ($60-80 for somewhere reputable), last a similar amount of time and don't give me the same look of thickness.

>> No.9591231

>>9590890
I got lash extensions and loved them, but they require fills every month or sooner and you can't use oil based products around your eyes or run them to harshly. The maitnence kind of outweighed the look, so if I want full lashes I just use falsies.

>> No.9591334

>>9590890

Extensions here are 250 for the first time in my area. I'm impressed with some outcomes but my colleague with fine lashes looks like she barely has average lashes after lash extensions, and has similar to mine so not sure if I want to spend 250 for something that doesn't show up too much. are lash extensions in your area really that cheap? I'm planning to go back home for whatever lash stuff I need because I don't trust beauty services where I am to be quite frankz

>> No.9591897

>>9590236
Powder is easier to work with but cream gives a more chiseled effect and can look beautiful if done correctly. I would probably go with powder though if you're more new to makeup!

>>9590540
Before you do foundation or BB cream/whatever. Although if you want maximum coverage, you may want to get a green cream product and set it with the green powder before your base.

>> No.9592352

>>9590583
Thank you for the link! I had no idea there were any differences between all the different sprays. I guess I'm actually looking for a fixing spray, which is what I ended up getting with the UD All Nighter I just ordered. I don't do many events and just want something that'll prevent my makeup from transferring onto my phone screen when I call someone.

>> No.9594544

>>9591334
For 1-1 lash extensions here, most places charge $1 per eye per lash including the more upmarket places - I generally get 60-80 lashes per eye and the infills are cheaper because they only have to put 30-odd on each eye each time. I think this is because everyone actually wants 2D-6D (2-6 lashes per eye and a fluffier, finer look) so the prices increment following that. 2D is generally $100 or so and the "Russian Volume" i.e. 3-6D generally goes up into the $300 region depending on what exactly you get. I guess the area I'm in has a lot of competition as well so it makes it cheaper.

>> No.9594962

I posted in the previous thread and didn't seem to get an answer so I hope it's alright if I ask again.

I bought a wig for a character that's a silvery blonde color ("victory blonde" from Arda). While I do have a bit of a tan from the summer, I generally have more medium (olive ish) toned skin. In terms of undertones I'd say I'm more warm? (sometimes I feel like I'm neutral but other times I feel warm?) When I put the wig on it makes me look kinda orange and pink and just basically more tan than I usually look.

I've seen that Japanese skin whitening cream/makeup stuff people use for cosplay, is that something worth trying or should I just color correct and experiment with a lighter foundation shade? the character I'm cosplaying is pretty much covered completely (long dress and boots, gloves) except for face and neck so thats really the only area I'd need to "fix". I'm not necessarily looking to be super ultra kawaii pale, just kinda make my skin tone look nice with the wig.

>> No.9594967

>>9594962
I think a lighter foundation could work depending on if you just need to go a shade or two lighter. Using a fair/white powder could also help.

>> No.9595004

>>9586890
I have super droopy eyes so mascara or eyeliner that I get on my eyelashes on accident will sometimes smear onto my face when I blink :(

>> No.9595171

>>9595004
get a facelift, ?

>> No.9595211

>>9595004
I have very deep set eyes, this happens to me too.

Put your mascara on slowly, keep one eye closed to let the mascara dry before you open your eye fully. Do the same with your eyeliner, don't open your eye all the way until the liner is dry.
Waterproof mascara will stay better than regular and you'll need to find long lasting eye liner (people like Kat Von D's tattoo liner and stila's liner too). Experiment and see what works for you.

>> No.9595646

>>9595171
sure anon, let her spend thousands of dollarydoos just cause you asked

>> No.9595977

I'm looking for a new foundation for cosplay, I've tried a few drugstore foundations but I've never been satisfied with the coverage and finish.

Right now I'm between a nice American foundation (Makeup forever ultra hd) and a significantly cheaper Asian one (Tonymoly Face Mix Skin Foundation) so my question is should I go for the expensive one that's more likely to be of good quality or do I risk it and try the cheaper one first?

Also if there's something else I should be considering that'd be good to know too.

>> No.9596005

>>9595977
Your skin type? That's probably the most important thing to consider when purchasing a foundation. You can't just purchase a foundation because it's more expensive and expect it to work well with your skin.

>> No.9596099

>>9596005
I have taken that into consideration, I have combination (but mostly dry) and afaik the more expensive one is good for that type, but I'm not sure about the other one.

>> No.9596171

>>9595977
For cosplay, if you're looking for a korean/affordable foundation I'd go with the etude house double lasting foundation. A lot of online stores sell sample packs that can help you shade match and try it out. It has really good staying power and coverage.

>> No.9596179

>>9595977
More information about what you're looking for in a foundation would be helpful. What kind of coverage are you looking for ideally? Light, medium, heavy? Are you looking to mask imperfections in the skin or just even out skin tone? What kind of finish? Matte, dewy, satin, just a powder? What left you dissatisfied in the past with coverage and finish? What is your skin type? Tone and undertone? What type of foundation do you want - a liquid, cream, stick?

All good questions to consider. I would highly recommend going to Sephora to try the Makeup Forever foundation in person or ask for a sample to try it out before you buy it. If you ask a worker Sephora can give you a sample of pretty much anything, and you might want to grab samples of other foundations too if you aren't sure what you want.

Based off what you said in >>9596099, you might want to try a liquid foundation with a satin finish. (But, feel free to play around with different types and finishes) In general foundations aren't necessarily going to cover up every little imperfection in your skin either so you may also need to consider getting concealer and color correctors as well for any problem areas you might have, for example, dark under-eye circles. Expensive vs. cheap doesn't necessarily mean one will be better than the other - everybody's skin is different and foundations have so many different formulas, so different things will work for different people and there's a lot more factors to consider rather than just geographic location and price. IMO you will get a much nicer product when it comes to foundation when you go more for higher-end brands versus drugstore, so I do think it is worth investing in.

All of that said though, I'm definitely a believer that starting with good skin will help your makeup the best. I don't know what your current skincare regimen is like, but things like properly moisturized and hydrated skin can give you a great boost to your foundation.

>> No.9597403

I know it's not exactly trendy right now, but does anyone have any cool blue themed eye palettes they could recommend?

>> No.9598442

How do I make eyeshadow last for longer than a goddamn hour?

>> No.9598472

>>9598442
Primer and a setting spray. And having a coat of white before applying the desired colours.

>> No.9599055
File: 406 KB, 500x519, FdkjOJ5NxD.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Uploading tutorials that nobody asked for. These are korean i think.

>> No.9599058
File: 179 KB, 286x400, fyuLkpEKRQ.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9599055

>> No.9599069

>>9590737
Do you use waterproof mascara? If it flakes in your eye it feels similar. Solution: stop rubbing your eyes.

>> No.9599134

>>9598442
It sounds like you might have to wash your eyelids when you wash your face, doing that before using your primer and/or setting spray can help a lot.

>> No.9600139

Still relatively new to makeup. Up until recently I've been using a dry/pencil eyeliner and then I bought Dollywink liquid eyeliner after watching a specific character makeup tutorial. It seems like for the first couple of minutes of use it works quite well and then all of a sudden it seems to not quite darken as it did (could also just be me). Am I just retarded or is dollywink notorious for this kind of thing

>> No.9600143

>>9600139
Never tried dollywink myself (I think some people say it's very pigmented) but you do need to store liquid pen liners with the tip down to keep the pigmentation consistent. Also if you're using it for minutes on end then maybe it's just taking a while for the ink to diffuse into the tip so maybe you should cap it and leave it for a bit and then see if the pigmentation improves.

>> No.9600264

>>9600139
I literally just opened a dolly wink liner that I bought a year ago and I don't have that problem, in fact I think it's more pigmented than the Love Liner and Heroine Liner that I had been using before that. I do my eyeliner pretty quickly though so maybe >>9600143 is onto something?

>> No.9600274

>>9600264
Of those three liners, which has the best staying power?

>> No.9600299

>>9600274
I've never had a problem with any of them not lasting, desu, I like them all. Dolly Wink is probably my current favorite because I think it's the most opaque. But if you're looking for something that will stick to your face through the apocalypse, Etude House's liner has been the best for me. It's just that it has kind of a weird, sticky texture until it dries down completely, so if you have hooded eyes or something it can transfer, but once it's on it's there to stay. It's also kind of hard to get off.

>> No.9600708
File: 37 KB, 640x480, palette.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9597403
this one is from hard candy

>> No.9600838

Does anyone know a good long lasting liquid lipstick in a shade of bright green? Like alien or lime green shades please.
Nyx Out of this World is too dark, if that helps color wise.

>> No.9600886

>>9600838
Limecrime Alien or Jeffree Star Venus Flytrap

Both brands are controversial though. Just two I could think of off the top of my head.

>> No.9600911

>>9600838
Makeup Monsters' Zombabe

>> No.9600922

>>9600838
Ofra's Hawaii Tropical

>> No.9600988

Anyone can reccomend tutorials on using make up to change your face shape like Alyson Tabbitha?

I love her work but she still has only the three tutorial videos up and I'd love to get some more practice.

By myself I'm still at that point where I'm too heavy handed and end up just making myself old by layering too many colors.

>> No.9601486
File: 74 KB, 736x736, IMG_9924.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

How does one get their eyeshadow blended perfectly and smooth like this? I'm so frustrated by it. I've tried different products, and priming my eyelids with all different types of methods, and they look okay now but never this smooth. My brushes aren't crazy expensive but they aren't bad either. Can someone please help? I'll post a pic of where I'm at now if that will help.

>> No.9601489

>>9601486
I'm going to assume there's some photoshop/camera/lighting tricks going on here. Alot of the time pictures like this look so nicely because they're on camera and they look not so good in person.

>> No.9601500

>>9601486
Are you blending with a clean fluffy brush no product?

>> No.9602019

can anyone recommend a good glitter eyeshadow palette?

>> No.9602041

>>9601486
Seconding a clean fluffy brush like >>9601500 said. Even so, that photo you posted (and probably just about any other you see like this) will be heavily photoshopped to smooth skin, lengthen eyelashes, etc. Don't beat yourself up about it.
May also be worth noting that clean, healthy skin around your eyes will make a huge difference too. Staying hydrated and getting good sleep, plus having a decent skincare routine will also help.

>> No.9602120

I usually have clear skin and wanted to start wearing makeup more but using a liquid foundation made me break out a bit with cystic acne. Because of that I don't really want to wear foundation, but what is a good daily makeup wear besides that?

Would filled brows, mascara, and eyeliner be enough?

>> No.9602141

anyone have a good BJD-style make tutorial?

>> No.9602170

>>9594962
I'm really into the Panda's Dream Magic White Cream at the moment. It looks horrendous when you first put it on, but once it sinks in it becomes very natural and flattering (at least on my NW20 skin).

>> No.9602405

>>9602120
I've found that using eyeshadow without a base looks kinda weird on me. I can do brows, mascara and a natural gloss/lipstick without base, but if I want to do more with my eyes or whatever, it looks a bit out of place. Here's what I do.

I don't use foundation since it emphasizes my texture, which isn't perfect. Instead I use concealer where I need it, which is mostly dark circles, cheeks, around the base of my nose and on the sides of my mouth. I only apply a little and blend out with fingers or sponge. This gives me a perfected look without having to deal with foundation making my skin look like the surface of the moon. I also use a skin coloured setting powder. The coverage it gives is negligible, but it also makes it look like I have more of a "full face" on.

>> No.9602905
File: 123 KB, 292x411, sohogloss.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'd like to find some dupes for this. Not much of a lip gloss person myself (I own a grand total of 1 atm) but this kind of dark red would look great over a darker matte lipstick that I have for a cosplay.

If you've personally used what you're recommending and can attest to its quality, then all the better.

>> No.9602970

>>9602019
The Too Faced Glitter Bomb palette might be good, but I'd say no matter what you buy . . . get a glitter glue with it. Glitter shadows generally tend to have poor payoff/fallout without it.

>> No.9602973

>>9602019

Supposedly Jouer's skinny dip palette is good, if that is still available. Urban decay's moondust palette is oft cited too, but echoing>>9602970 that you need a good glitter glue to make it stick (like all glitter eyeshadows).

>> No.9603002

>>9602905
Haven't tried them, but maybe Maybelline lip laquer in Retro, or Covergirl gel lipstick in Rasberry Gelly? Both have decent reviews

>> No.9603255

>>9602970
>>9602973
Thank you so much! and I had no idea about glitter glue so that's really helpful too. Unfortunately it looks like the Australian stores aren't stocking it until September so a bit of a wait.

>> No.9604163

>>9603002
The shade Classic in that Maybelline collection would actually be a better match, since it's also a burgundy, whereas Retro is purple.

Also, that line of Covergirl lipsticks doesn't have any burgundy shades at all, and the one you suggest is . . . purple.

Does the Sephora gloss look purple on your monitor, anon? It's burgundy on mine.

>> No.9604996

>>9604163
Sorry, yeah, I thought it looked kind of purpley

>> No.9605127

Any recommendations for a good site to get circle lenses? A trusted site and one's for those /badeyesight/

>> No.9607110

How does one learn to do eyeliner and find the right color foundation with in a two week frame?

>> No.9607112

>>9605127
eyecandys.com

>> No.9607113

>>9607110
Practice the eyeliner, watch tutorials, try different methods. There's pencil, gel, felt tip and brush tip.

For foundation colour, go ask for help from the makeup girls at the stores who specialise in finding the right shade.

>> No.9607463

What do you do with your eyebrows gulls?

I've only done the bitchy vk or the ombre drag ones and I'd like some inspo/tutorials for a softer look

>> No.9607552

>>9599055
>>9599058
>emphasizing eyebags
bless Korean makeup trends. at least someone in this world thinks my overworked, over caffeinated ass is cute

>> No.9607629

>>9607463
I already have fairly full eye brows, but they're a bit unruly, so if I'm going out, I use Brow Benefit's Gimme Brow gel to keep them in place. I'll do some tweezing for maintenance, but otherwise try to leave them alone.

In the past, I've used a brow pencil with spool that I picked up from a black beauty store because it was cheap, and the results are nice, albeit dramatic for my liking. The downside was that the bristles were pulling individual hairs from the follicle. The Benefit gel brush is much more gentler.

I suggest going to Ulta and seeing a brow consultant for advice. There are several different types of products out there for brows, and a consultant can suggest what works with what kind of look you want and what your brows currently looks like.

>> No.9607637

>>9607629
>>9607463
Oh shit I forgot specifics. I'm currently going for a more straight/"natural" brow vs a dramatic arch when I wear lolita. It also depends on what and how I want to coord. Dramatic pencil filled brow works nicely for gothic Lolita or my retro inspired coords, but I'll use the gel for classic.

>> No.9607727

>>9601486
After I prime my eyelids, I dust translucent powder over it. This prevents the eyeshadows from sticking to my base

>> No.9607815

>>9607552

>tfw no puffy eye bags
>just dark capillaries and ugly lines

Fuck me and my fucked up sleep schedule I'm aging so fast I'll look older than my mom soon.

>> No.9607875
File: 41 KB, 736x372, 0ace9f8d3a5b8e6e7db100a7fe132c63--brown-skin-dark-skin.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Does anyone have recs on a good pigmented neutral eyeshadow palette for someone with deep/dark skin? I'm about the same shade as earth 1-2 in the pic I attached.

>> No.9607878
File: 746 KB, 638x800, pX2Gt683Aj.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9607552
Ayrt.
I know right?! Mine are gigantic but this trend made me think they can look cute too.
This is a hair tutorial but i like the make up.

>> No.9607886

Do you guys have any recommendations for post-gym touch-ups? What is your post-exercise routine, if you have one?

>> No.9608289

>>9607815
A dermatologist you trust and restylene are a godsend for dark under eyes. It's expensive ($500 for both eyes,) but you'll save up on all the liquid concealer and powders and creams and eye creams you'll use in about a year.

Again, you have to find a dermatologist you trust who is willing to not let it go too far.

When it comes to discoloration there is no cream nor make up that will help. Genetics is a bitch.

>> No.9608387

Australians: which is better, mecca or sephora?

>> No.9608974

>>9607875
Juvia's Place has a neutral palette, and they give a lot of eyeshadow for a good price.

>> No.9609097

What ever happened to /cgl/'s makeup Google doc ? I bookmarked it forever ago and just went to look at it but its gone.

>> No.9609330

>>9608387
mecca

>> No.9611030

>>9608974
Thank you!

>> No.9614736
File: 151 KB, 1080x1080, IMG_6917.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Any gulls know of a blue liquid lipstick that is a match for moities blue? Not anything exact, just close enough. Nyx's jetset looks good but ive only seen photos, kvd's blue blooded also looks like a match but im on a budget

>> No.9615118

21 days of Beauty sale just dropped. Anything you have eyes on? Used any of the products featured and want to give us your opinion? I hoping for more eyeshadow options.

>> No.9617154
File: 41 KB, 663x351, klairs-moisturizer.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'm not really completely new to makeup, but I don't understand the concept of moisturazing or putting on a sun-block cream as the first layer even before foundation.

I've never really done it (I am really lucky with my skin considering that), so now that I've tried it a couple of times (even with korean products) I always feel like my pores and my skin in general is being clogged.

I walk to work or take my bike sometimes, but then by the time I get there, I'm sweating a bit.

It wasn't an issue that much, but now with the moisturizer (or sunblock-cream, I never use both) it is like I have a really really big oil-filter on my face.
So at work I need to wipe everything off so that I feel clean again. (Which is just a waste of makeup.)

It's not even that hot in here (Europe, Germany), and I have normal mixed skin.
Not oily, even though I have some pimples now and then (stress and bad eating habits).

Any input on that?

>> No.9617305

>>9617154
Use a lighter moisturiser/sunscreen and don't cake on foundation unless you absolutely need it. There's lots of really siliconey sunscreens out there with a blurring effect.

>> No.9617444

>>9590236
Im wondering if you're also doing skincare as well as educating yourself on makeup. I have the same skin type as well as it being super sensitive and most makeup breaks me out. I use powders now mostly because they seem to give me the least problems.

>> No.9619329

>>9614736
I don't know of any cheap dark blue, but i like Wipe Out from Makeup Monsters and the Everlasting Lip Liner in Poe, although it's not a liquid lipstick it's cheaper and really pretty, it's like $16 iirc

>> No.9619656

Not sure if contacts can be classified as makeup, but anyone know a good website besides honeycolor where I can find Snake pupil-like contacts?

>> No.9619755

>>9614736
If you're on a budget buy something before monday ends, most major makeup brands are having sales. Like if you want to get the kat von D one she's doing 2 studded lipsticks for $25, and Makeup Monsters is like 35% off. Colored Raine has two bright blues, one metallic and one regular matte, and they're doing 20% off. And for super affordable, Wet n Wild has a dark metallic blue that's not quite as bright but at like $5 you can't
really lose.

>> No.9620337

Where can I learn makeup basics in a good way? I don't wanna watch an hour long video of a THOT badly explaining how to use makeup.

>> No.9620691

>>9620337
Lisa Eldridge is one of my favourite YouTubers. She does nice basic looks as well as more "out there" and explains very well. She also doesn't put a lot of emphasis on brands but rather the type of product itself.

>> No.9620705

>>9620691
I meant like understanding what each type of makeup does and when to use it

>> No.9621007

>>9617444
Thank you, that was my concern. Mine is pretty sensitive too, and i do skincare, however i get stressed easily and that fucks me up.
>>9620337
Search for make up basics. Also not everyone who does pro make up is a thot. I think jkissa has a video on the color wheel so you might want to start there.

>> No.9621144

>>9621007

Jkissa is such a basic bitch who tries to come up with unique facts for each video, which fall flat. Drives me completely nuts. I know, I'm petty as fuck, but it's such a pet peeve of mine.

>> No.9621234

>>9620337
Search 'wayne goss beginner' on youtube.

>> No.9622448

>>9617154
it's to make your makeup apply more smoothly, plus you really should be moisturizing regularly to help maintain your skin in the long run. you're probably applying too much or not waiting long enough for it to soak in. try dabbing any excess with a tissue after letting it soak for 5 minutes

>> No.9622455
File: 16 KB, 295x679, 61hI1CX6a7L._SY679_.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9617154
Not original anon but a related question:

I bought pic related and I find it pills on my skin. Is this a problem with the product or how I'm applying it (i.e. not letting it soak in enough/ using too much/using it before primer)?
Haven't heard any other complaints about it pilling on here, but I've tried a couple of times now and I'm not getting the hang of it

>> No.9622457

>>9622455
i'm not sure what ingredient is the culprit but i've had more sunscreens pill on me when applying makeup than not. the only one i've found that i like is eucerin spf 30

>> No.9622595

>>9607875
I have Makeup Revolution's Too Faced Chocolate knock-off and it shows up pretty well. We're about the same shade.

>> No.9624884

I feel like whenever I put eyeliner on it makes my eyes look smaller. I only ever do topliner, usually using black, and I have fairly average eyes. Am I doing something wrong? Will a different color make it look better?

>> No.9624925

>>9624884
Nope, not everyone's eye shape looks good with eyeliner. Your eyes may be hooded or deep set and lining them may make them appear smaller. If you feel like you desperately need liner, try a dark brown or grey.

Personally, I can't really line my eyes unless I want them to disappear into my skull. Just something I've learned about my face.

>> No.9624934

>>9624925
>>9624884

You can also try only lining the outer (horizontally speaking) half of the top lid, with a softer natural color. I have half hooded half monolid eyes and that suits me best.

>> No.9624976
File: 136 KB, 752x278, 20170908_153618.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9624925
Sorry about the weird shot, but here are my eyes. They are somewhat deep set, is that the issue?

>> No.9624977

>>9624976
Nayrt but it looks like you have hooded eyes. Look up tutorials on YouTube, there's tons for hooded eyes.

>> No.9625250

Requesting gulls favourite tutorials/artists for goth looks, eyes, lips, whole face, whatever.

>>9624976
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoCWxK1153E
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lv04ZmFAz4k
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_utWAvBVhwY

Hope these help, I have hooded eyes, what a bitch!

>> No.9625419

>>9624976
Line just the outer corner of your eyes.

>> No.9625736
File: 63 KB, 600x896, cheesy vampire makeup.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Not sure if this is the appropriate thread to ask this, but I'm relatively new to using makeup and looking for some low-key makeup ideas for a vampire costume. My office has a Halloween party every year so it can't be too over the top/bloody, but I'd like to have some fun with it with my limited skill.

>> No.9626617
File: 84 KB, 237x340, tezuka style brown eyes.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Sorry to post that in the makeup thread, but there is no circle lens thread right now. I want to take the moonlite lens, but I don't know which color to take for a tezuka character ( I want to do uran ) I can't really see on picture which one look the most similar.

>> No.9627976

Best waterpoof black eyeliner?
I have a spastic tear duct, which makes my eye water pretty much constantly
Anyone know of an eyeliner that might be able to stand up to me?
I'm open to american brands, asian brands, antartican brands, whatever as long as it does what it claims to
Thanks in advance!

>> No.9628161

>>9621144
Can you name some non-basic make up artists? I'm currently following ruvikvinter, stultitiae laus and drac makens (yeah my style is pretty obvious) for simpler looks i follow a few korean chicks

>> No.9628166

>>9624976
Your eyes are beautiful but heavily hooded just like me. Just apply a very fine line as close to the lash line as possible,
with a felt tip preferably, and if you want to go thicker do it only on the outer corner.
>>9625250
>>9625736
I just did, sorry for double post but check these i mentioned
>>9628161

>> No.9628369

>>9625250
Favorite youtubers: drac makens, jessica haze, biohazardous beauty, reeree phillips.

>> No.9628465

>>9614736
MBA cosmetics has a blue that's pretty similar, although slightly more purple-blue/indigo and you can get them in sample sizes.

>> No.9628721
File: 96 KB, 500x750, brown1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9626617
Princess Pinky Eclipse brown is probably your best bet

>> No.9628836

>>9601486
like >>9607727 said, dusting some powder (either translucent or eyeshadow close to your skintone) in your crease and/or over your eyes helps it blend better.

use a transition shade in between colors as well
so that it fades nicer instead of being light > dark immediately.

>>9617154
try looking into the ingredients of the moisturizer you're using? there are water based ones that might work better for you. For sunblock I use Biore UV Aqua Rich so it feels really light on my oily skin and still works well as a primer before makeup and as a sunblock.

As for moisturizer, I say YMMV. Most moisturizers are too thick for my oily skin so I just don't moisturize lol. I get enough moisture from the serums I use instead.

>> No.9629567
File: 65 KB, 200x390, 200px-Sun_Moon_Olivia.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I am looking for a good lip color in veyr light pink, to cosplay Olivia, but mostly I find not-as-bright pinks.

Do you have any suggestion?

>> No.9629733
File: 163 KB, 600x1085, 33a840c75ff6f6be60b73c5583b36936.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Anyone happen to know the best body paint to replicate a kabuki look? Trying to cosplay the medicine seller, but want to avoid looking like I applied some sun screen on.

>> No.9629871

Anybody here dumpster dive for makeup. i just got back with a big haul of revlon and loreal stuff from a drug store

>> No.9629892

>>9629871
I'm just staring at your "name" and I literally see Francis raging as he dumpster dives for make up.
And I'm giggling.
Sage for ot

>> No.9629985

>>9629871
Why do drug stores throw away make up?

>> No.9629991

>>9629985
Stores and companies in the U.S have to throw anything like makeup, perfume if it's open since it might cause serious health concerns.

>> No.9629994

>>9629871
Dude, how do you dumpster dive? All I can think if that I'll get in huge trouble if I'm caught ;_;

>> No.9630408

>>9629871
God I wish that were me

>> No.9630488

the first 3 hours of my foundation looks great but then it goes a shade dimmer(like it foesnt go brown or anything, juat not as fair).

even with moisturizer, primer and pressed powder. do i get a new one or just get a shade lighter?

>> No.9630527

>>9630488

Oxidization?

I normally go a shade lighter, but usually I'm talking like 5 seconds with a BB cream, not 3 hours with a foundation. If you google "how to stop oxidization" you can find other people layering stuff over and under it to stop it happening. Personally I'd shop around for another brand that doesn't seem quite as unstable.

>> No.9630989

I'm not sure if this is the right thread, but I need some help. I like to help my friends cosplay, but one of them seems to be allergic to almost every solvent I use to remove adhesives.

Is there any adhesive that can quickly be removed using rubbing alcohol? I can't use prosaid or spirit gum for obvious reasons...any help would be greatly appreciated.

>> No.9630991

>>9629994
with thick boots

>> No.9631482

Does anyone know if its possible to attatch backlighting to an already existing mirror?
I got a really nice vanity beurea(sp?) From my moms friend but Id be really nice to be able to have backligting for when I put on my make up.
I looked up some things but all I could find was existing mirrors.

>> No.9632044

>>9628721
oh ! I didn't know those one exist ! Thank you anon

>> No.9632330
File: 244 KB, 407x316, Capture.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Need to pick up a new foundation. Really don't know much about makeup but I have been doing some google-fu, and I know what I'm looking for for a porcelain finish is a full coverage matte foundation. I've narrowed it down to a possible option: Innisfree's melting cover foundation in No 21. However they don't sell it in my country so I was wondering if anyone here had tried it before as reviews seem either extremely happy or unhappy, no real in between. Aternatively, what kind of full coverage foundations would CGL recommend for pale skin?

>> No.9632897

>>9632330
If you have nice skin you don't really need FULL coverage,with medium-high you would look as dolly imo. Kat Von D is good from what I've heard.

>> No.9632905

What's the best way to balance having good, clean makeup in person while also having that same makeup be able to show up on camera? I'm having a lot of problems where I need to practically do stage makeup in person for it to show up - I feel like I'm really missing something key.

> is using good products not drugstore crap
> Using primer
> Using setting spray

I can do decent makeup for in person but having it also able to show up on camera eludes me without resorting to putting it on very thick which looks terrible in person,

>> No.9633698

>>9608387
seconding mecca as well

>> No.9633700

>>9608387
Mecca, aus sephora is garbage - their range is limited and the good shit's always sold out.

>> No.9633752

>>9608387
I'm still clueless with makeup, and Sephora is always way too crowded. I can never find a staff member to help me out, and when they can, the item they recommend is always out of stock.

I prefer to go to Mecca since I can actually ask the staff for advice.

>> No.9634331

Why the FUCK am I still unable to use false eyelashes? I've watched so many YouTube videos and tried tons of times and I still can't do it right. Am I just fucked?

>> No.9634335

>>9634331
Try half lashes if it suits your eye shape, feels like a totally different game they are so much easier to apply.

>> No.9634339
File: 30 KB, 400x266, IMG_6991.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Anyone have any experience with clown makeup or face paint? I need high quality stuff that won't crack or smudge but I really don't know where to go.

>> No.9634341

>>9634339
Ben Nye is your best bet.
But for the love of god, make sure you seal it.

>> No.9634347

>>9634341
Of course. What's the worsr that could go wrong, do you think? Just for frame of reference.

>> No.9634371

>>9634347
Ben nye stains badly. If something cloth based rubbs up against your face while its unseales HEY ITS PROBABLY RUINED.
It also """melts"" down your face as the hours wear on.
If youve ever seen homestucks, youve probably seen it in action.

>> No.9634400

>>9632330
Try the new Fenty foundation?

>> No.9634442

>>9634371
Man, it melts?

>> No.9634503

>>9634400
This foundation sucks if you have any type of texture. I have oily/combo skin and it made me look like i was dry and flaky as hell. would not recommend.

>> No.9634721

Kinda hope you guys would have a suggestion about this. I'm a super acne-prone pale anon with combo skin who is constantly on the look for a good medium to full coverage foundation (I do watch Thataylaa, but she's darker than me, also oxidation is suffering). But anyays, on my problem - a few months ago I bought the Marc Jacobs Remarcable foundation in the palest shade, and I really dig the coverage and the shade once mixed with white as it's a bit too dark on me. Unfortunately I kind of let that blind me in the few times I wore it during the return window. For some reason it creases on me really badly, worse than any foundation I've ever had. Eye creases, laugh lines that I don't normally have, you name it. Regularly and mixed with my LA Girl white. Dermacol doesn't do this, but Dermacol gets super gross on me, transfers like crazy, and is way too dark (yes it's the second lightest shade). Neither does any other foundation I've tested.

Is there something I can do in prep to prevent this, a type of primer? Something to mix in? Is there a different white foundation mix that might somehow mitigate that property of the original foundation? I really do like everything else about it, just a huge bummer on how bad it creases.

>> No.9634771

>>9634721
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but you are setting your foundation right? If you're using a primer and setting everything already, try putting eyeshadow primer where you get creasing. When i wear my fuller coverage foundations that crease around my smile lines, i put a little bit of eyeshadow primer in those spots and it makes a huge difference.

>> No.9634783

>>9634771
No it's all good, I bet some people make some stupid mistakes and overlook some basics. I do indeed, powder on top (currently using the popular one from Innisfree) and Urban Decay All Nighter. Eyeshadow primer is a super interesting tip, I'll definetly try that today!

>> No.9634832

So this might be really dumb, I don't know, but up until now I've been using baby wipes to clean my makeup off. When I only wore makeup once in a blue moon it seemed fine, but recently I've wanted to do it more often and noticed that the wipes leave my skin feeling raw and irritated.

I asked at Sephora and they seemed to think I was probably having a reaction to one of the ingredients? She was pretty insistent that I didn't have sensitive skin (and checked it with some kind of tool/device) but didn't really seem helpful beyond that. So now I'm just not really sure what to do.

Any advice?

>> No.9634844

>>9634832
You have to figure out what is irritating your skin. My skin isn't sensitive, but I'm allergic to certain ingredients. It is apparent when I wear makeup more frequently.

It could be the baby wipes, but it could also be your makeup.

>> No.9634880

Could anyone recommend a bb cream for pale skin (with a rosy undertone). I can't seem to get Dr. Jart anymore and i prefer bb's to foundation.

>> No.9634886

>>9634844
Thanks. I looked up a list of common irritants, so I guess I'll start there

>> No.9634901

>>9634832
Have you tried using actual make up wipes? I've found that baby wipes on my face can be harsh or give me small hives sometimes (which sounds weird ,but I suppose it has to the face's pH level). Try something with soothing ingredients like aloe and cucumber. Have you also tried miscellar water to remove makeup?

>> No.9634935

Any UK anons know where to get shapetape without risking customs? Also any lip primer recommendations for super wrinkly lips?

>> No.9635027

Can anyone comment on the longevity of Urban Decay's comfort matte Vice lipsticks, particularly with a lip liner?

>> No.9635342

>>9634771
Just wanted to say anon, your tip seriously helped so much and probably saved my way too expensive foundation! Thank you so much! Using my Too Faced shadow primer hugely improved the longevity, instead of creasing almost immediately it lasted a good 5 hours and even then the creases were much less. Can I ask what eyeshadow primer you use? Might give it a shot and see if it does even better even if primers are YMMV.

>> No.9635426

>>9635342
I'm glad I was able to help! I use the Smashbox eyeshadow primer, but I don't really use that trick often since I don't wear foundation anymore.

>> No.9635495

>>9632905
Yeah, unfortunately make up for photos/camera has to often be applied much heavier to show up, so it never looks quite as good in person and vice versa--everyday makeup doesn't look quite as good in photos or on camera.

>> No.9635589

Are any of the Too Faced palettes besides Chocolate Bar worth it? Specifically I've been looking at Sweet Peach and Bons Bons but they don't seem to be as well-received.

>> No.9635597

>>9635589
I have the Sweet Peach palette, it's pretty decent. Definitely not my favourite palette ever, but was worth it. The two purple shades suck, but those are the only colours I haven't liked in it.

>> No.9635642

>>9635589
The new peaches and cream palette seems to have pretty good reviews, most people seem to praise the pigmentation and blendability. It also reminds me a little of the modern renaissance palette since it has a lot of browns and pinks so I'm considering picking it up myself.

>> No.9637281
File: 102 KB, 1000x563, mangarock.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Mascara advice needed here. I've been playing around with makeup for a few years, but mascara especially I'm honestly a bit at a loss. First used a garbage Maybelline one, but then the L'Oreal Manga Rock mascara came out, and it was instantly a perfect mascara for me. I've only tried Urban Decay Perversion (didn't really like it, nice enough but didn't do anything special) and Heroine Make (lengthens great, but I don't like the brush and, I don't know, I just don't like it as much as Manga Rock), and regular Miss Manga (hated it).

I of course curl, I own a mascara primer but don't really use it as it didn't work well with Manga Rock. The Rock mascara has been discontinued for a while, and while I can keep buying it on Amazon I really need to work towards finding a replacement, but I'm so inexperienced with mascara. I think what I like about it is how volumizing it is and how well it seperates my lashes into a more "false" look? Doesn't lengthen too amazingly but does okay. Waterproof is also necessary for me. I thiiiink I like the plastic brush more than bristles but, again, I've used so few that I don't know. Any suggestions for very similar mascaras, drugstore or high end?

>> No.9637286

>>9637281
What kind of lashes do you have and what are you looking for?

Currently I'm using Miss Manga in waterproof. I've tried other waterproof mascaras but so far Maybelline's the only brand that works for me.

You can look into Benefit's line of mascaras. Not my favorite, but I think a couple of them have large brushes that might help with volume.

>> No.9637309
File: 23 KB, 584x203, restofmyfaceisuggogomen.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9637286
Tried to google if there were "lash types", but I didn't see anything, so well, hope this is enough info. They're blonde/invisible, of an average length I thought. Shed a bit, I feel like they're thinner than most people's, and hold a curl okay. Very average. I do have very deep hooded eyes that are annoyingly sensitive, teary, and flinch/twitch badly, so I'm also kinda shitty with eyeliner. Um, here's a pic with one coat of the mascara on me. I could probably use more length to escape my cave eyes if I'm honest with myself as this was the best picture I could find to demonstrate the mascara on me.

I guess I just wasn't impressed by regular Miss Manga because all it did was make them a bit nicer than usual all around, which Heroine Make does for me but with more length. Only detractor for the Rock mascara was that it could get clumpy easily and I had to watch it, but I guess the seperation into nice defined chunks instead of just making all lashes a bit more nice was what made me happy. I'll definetly look into Benefit then, thanks!

Figured I'd ask since you've tried Maybelline, but have you tried the Spider mascara from them? It looks like it tries to go for a similar style but that wand is so weird, and pictures seem to range from fantastic to absolutely terrible.

>> No.9637419

>>9635027
I have the shade Rock Steady and use it with a transparent lipliner. It doesn't budge hardly at all! It even lasts for hours under stage lights. Feel-wise, it's a little drying, but if you moisturize your lips before lining them, it goes on much smoother and more comfortably. I really like it, and will probably buy some other shades in the future.

>> No.9637599

Anyone have experience with facelift tape?

I’ve just bought a pack of it to help with drawing up my brows/opening up my eyes a little more.

>> No.9637641

>>9637309
I just wanted to know if they can hold a curl or very straight, short or long, etc. I have straight lashes, so I actually use waterproof mascara to hold a curl, then layer on another mascara to add volume and separation, then finish off with more waterproof mascara for length.

There are some fiber mascaras that add length, but they may not be great for sensitive eyes. I did try a Loreal mascara (lash stiletto?) but since my lashes aren't that short to begin with, I couldn't tell how much length it actually added.

>> No.9640949

Any actual difference between threading and waxing eyebrows?

>> No.9640993
File: 453 KB, 565x643, 1504127819188.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

How do you gulls feel about indie makeup brands?

>> No.9641002

>>9640949
I prefer the quick pain of waxing over the longer pain of threading. Threading however is more precise in my experience.

>> No.9641007

>>9640993
It's nice if you have special preferences: Vegan, cruelty free, super sparkly or glam, custom colors, flavors, etc. Otherwise it's not usually worth it. I like Shiro although im not a big fandom nut, but their color payoff is pretty damn nice in most cases. If you aren't picky, just go high end drugstore.

>> No.9641057
File: 97 KB, 450x450, skin79Green.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Aw jeeze, my favorite Skin79's BB cream Green is now hard to find... Does anyone know of a good place to buy and have it shipped to the US? If not, does anyone have suggestions for BB creams that are as pale? I really loved this stuff and I am pretty sure I am not going to find it easily again. Nothing else has ever matched my skin this nicely...

>> No.9643972

>>9634341
I thought I read that as Bill Nye, that name keeps fucking me up

>> No.9644010

>>9641057
I am using Etude House's BB cream, but it might not be as pale as some Skin79 shades since they seem to have cooler undertones. If it doesn't seem like a good match, you can look into Holika Holika, Morty.

>> No.9644089

I've decided to fight back against my big nose and learn to contour. I've decided to pick up a cheap (but highly recommended) powder contour kit, but every tutorial I see has someone using expensive stick foundation for the highlight and expensive stick foundation for the bronzer. If you're using a powder contour kit, do you just blend it with a beauty blender or do you need a special brush to blend it?

>> No.9644913 [DELETED] 

>>9595977
I just ordered in A'pieu Triple Wear foundation. It's a knock off of Estee Lauders Double Wear, same as the Etude house one. A'pieu is honestly my favourite brand at the moment. The Moist Creamy concealer (a knock off of NARS) is actually better as well as much, much cheaper and the Frozen shade is the lightest I've found which is amazing for pale skin (what prompted me to buy the foundation in the shade Frozen).

I haven't received it yet but I would still recommend checking out A'pieu on Ebay. It's insanely cheap and everything I've gotten from that brand so far has been amazing value. I sound like a shill but I'm just passionate haha. Especially if you are pale I would so recommend grabbing a tube of the A'pieu Moist Creamy concealer. Amazing coverage.

I've also just ordered in their Air Fit foundation. Everything has SPF and PA++ so that's another amazing bonus (concealer with sun protection!). They even put in other stuff like collagen and plant extracts which I assume has antioxidants.

>> No.9644914

>>9595977
I just ordered in A'pieu Triple Wear foundation. It's a knock off of Estee Lauders Double Wear, same as the Etude house one. A'pieu is honestly my favourite brand at the moment. The Moist Creamy concealer (a knock off of NARS) is actually better as well as much, much cheaper and the Frozen shade is the lightest I've found which is amazing for pale skin (what prompted me to buy the foundation in the shade Frozen).

I haven't received it yet but I would still recommend checking out A'pieu on Ebay. It's insanely cheap and everything I've gotten from that brand so far has been amazing value. I sound like a shill but I'm just passionate haha. Especially if you are pale I would so recommend grabbing a tube of the A'pieu Moist Creamy concealer. Amazing coverage.

>> No.9644952

>>9644089
Beauty blenders wouldn't work on powder since they're supposed to be kinda moist. You can pick up face brushes for cheap in a set, but I'd say just get an angled one and a big fluffy one for blending.

>> No.9644953

>>9640993
Love them, prefer them to bigger brands, and I find they have comparable quality and price with a larger range of options. Also, there's a lot of larger brands I don't shop from because of their shit ethics.

>> No.9644980

>>9644952
Thanks, I picked up the kit and a flat contour brush. Now I just need to git gud at it.

>> No.9645098

I just got my Real Techniques silicone eyeliner brush and I'm so excited to try it out! Any recommendations for gel eyeliner in the pot? I have oily monolids, so I need liners that ABSOLUTELY will not smudge or smear since my lids fold inwards.

I figure gel eyeliner will last a while, so I'm willing to try both drugstore and the more expensive brands so long as I can easily find it at the Ulta nearby.

>> No.9648569
File: 90 KB, 1024x871, 0007123266_20.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Hi, MILK makeup anon from a few threads back. Thanks to whoever suggested the Tonymoy cooling stick as a dupe because I fucking love it. As gimmicky as they can be, would the sunshine skin tint and ubame mascara be worth it?

>> No.9648580

>>9645098
I thought the loreal gel liner was pretty neat. Then I started to get lazy with cleaning the brush everyday and moved on to liquid eyeliners. I used it for around 2 weeks, it didn't dry out during that period.

>> No.9650937

>>9622455
I thought I was the only one. I bought it because "all the bloggers" love it, but it gives me a white cast and peels like crazy.

>> No.9650977

>>9635589

Not sure why the Sweet Peach Palette is so lukewarm among people, I think it's some bitterness over the over hyped-ness of the palette. I have it and personally I think it's a great everyday palette with a pop of color. Only thing is that it smells like candy or something, not like peaches.

If you like mattes better, I do consider the peaches and cream palette better overall. It's got really nice blendability. I know some youtube reviews show major patchiness at the end of the day, but I personally have not experienced that.

Shitty purple shades are a meme at this point for TF, I don't expect them to ever make a purple shade that doesn't actually suck. Saying that, the purple shade in Sweet Peach sucks balls, so if you like purple, maybe not the palette for you.

>> No.9651022

>>9634339
Mehron's clown white. Also if you want clown make-up advice go see if Gropey is in the LARP thread, he was a clown.

>>9635589
Also recommending the Sweet Peach Palette. Its great for every day looks, although as everyone has noted the purples kind of suck.

>>9640949
I have sensitive skin to physical irritations and waxing left my skin red for days afterward. Threading its red for a few hours. I've also found threading in my area is much cheaper.

>> No.9651095

Is there any decent guide out there on how to do make up that makes my eyes look at least a bit less Western?

>> No.9651202
File: 16 KB, 450x450, d6710c13-f367-424d-894d-fec12603beae_1.71dde5df0a0b9c7abf7fe69b895ec0b7.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9614736
I have Jetset for this very reason and it's a pretty good Moitie match. Hard Candy makes one too that I like. It's called Night Queen, pic related.

>> No.9651490

What are some good eyeshadow palettes for sweet/old school lolita? I'm looking for something with warm neutrals in particular - I was thinking of getting Too Faced's I Want Kandee palette, but I wanted to see what other sweet lolitas liked.

>> No.9651662

>>9595004
Use a business card between your lashes and eyelid.

I'm a fucking mongolid who has super long lashes that nearly touch her eyebrows but gets mascara everywhere and I wear a Japanese waterproof brand so it doesn't come off my brow bone easily.

With a business card/old gift card it prevents the smudging and gets every lash!

>> No.9651666
File: 238 KB, 720x1280, Screenshot_2017-10-06-04-08-24.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9637281
This shit is amazing. Its super waterproof, you're able to build layers with it easily, doesn't make your lashes feel like straw and decent price.

>> No.9652193
File: 45 KB, 480x346, o0480034612499922998.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'm obsessed with the way Japanese lash extensions look- pic related. They look so airy and light/natural, but also dramatic at the same time, if that makes sense. They really define your eyes whereas Western lash extensions tend to look cheap and drag queen-ish.

i've been trying to find fake lashes that look like pic related, since I live in the US and can't find a place that doesn't use the shitty ardell individual wispies. Can anyone recommend a high quality Japanese fake lash seller? I'm talking top of the line- no Dolly Wink, no Diamond Lash.

>> No.9652373

>>9652193
It's pricy but you could import directly from Japan. Amazon JP ships internationally.

>> No.9654995
File: 134 KB, 439x519, tumblr_oebalw8zwZ1vhnsyko8_500.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9624976
your eyes are pretty anon

>> No.9655084

>>9614736
Nyx Jetset is really close.

>> No.9655086

>>9652373
wait, Amazon JP ships internationally? I didn't realize that, I always thought you had to use a SS

>> No.9655087

>>9635589
IMO get the Makeup Revolution dupes.

>> No.9655178

>>9651095
Tape your eyes

>> No.9655445

>>9651490
I have the Naked Basics 1 palette coupled with Urban Decay Smoke and Mirrors and it's super versatile. Theres a few colors that wouldnt fit what your going for on the UB palette but i use em for my goth daily look so it works for me

>> No.9655451

>>9622455
I've found that it pilled depending on the type of hydrating product I had put on prior. In my case it was whenever I put on mizon snail recovery gel cream right before and didn't let it dry for at least ten minutes.

I did find that it was less likely to pill when I patted it on rather than rubbed it on, so there's also that.

>> No.9656942

Best primers and foundations for pale combination skin with lots of PIH/PIE? My forehead gets oily, sometimes my nose does too. The skin between my brows is dry af, the sides of my face are a little dry and I have closed comedones on the sides of my mouth almost all the time

>> No.9656945

>>9656942
I've been liking the Ordinary High Spreadability Primer over the top of their Natural Moisturizing Factors + HA.
I've also bought their foundation but I'm yet to try it properly. However, the colour range for pale tones is great, and they have a choice of undertones to choose from.

>> No.9659410

bump

>> No.9659590

Wondering what you gulls favorite eye shadow palettes are for Lolita or other kawaii looks. I realized my modern renaissance palette is really the only palette I have and not great for Lolita looks

>> No.9659814

any good tips for cosplaying as very masculine characters? i have a fairly androgynous face (so at least i can crossplay as girls sort of easily) but i've never been able to pull off more bara looks.

>> No.9659864
File: 10 KB, 236x236, d808c1bb709054b30166f100b45b4cf5--canmake-flamingos.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9659590
What style do you wear? I remember seeing a video where someone used the Too Faced Boudoir Eyes palette or something similar for a sweet/classic look, so Too Faced might be a good brand to look into.

Basically you want to look for a palette with some lighter peachy and pink shades with small bits of shimmer and some more neutral shades of brown and pink. You might be able to get away with a small palette with 4 to 5 shades from Majorica or Canmake even (pic related.

>> No.9659879

>>9655086
Depends which stores/items, but yeah, you can have a lot of the stuff shipped directly to you.

>> No.9659938

I'm really good about washing my face and keeping it moisturized. I don't over-exfoliate, I drink plenty of water, and the only breakouts I get are around my monthly cycle. I've basically found what I think is a good routine for my skin.
Still, every damn time I go to put on makeup I have flaky bits of skin that make me look like a cakey mess even with minimal foundation. It's not insanely noticeable unless you're close up but it's really annoying and ugly to me. My skin looks fine before makeup but no matter how I apply it (I've tried brushes, beauty blenders, fingers, puffs, sponges etc) it. just. keeps. being. flaky. I've even tried adding an extra exfoliating day to my routine but that just made my skin irritated! Any advice?

Also while I'm asking for help: Does anyone have any tips for doing makeup specifically for taking photos of yourself? I'm trying to get really into Instagram lately but I'm a complete noob at modeling and photoshopping. Figured the whole thing would be easier if I just look better on camera in general (I'm unfortunately a little unphotogenic).

>> No.9661877

>>9659938
It's the type of foundation/makeup you're using. If you have dry skin, you have to use makeup for dry skin. Most foundations that aren't heavy are aimed for oily skin.

Another thing to remember is to let your moisturizer dry before putting on makeup, as that will cause it to flake.

As for being photogenic, you have to find a good angle, pose, and hairstyle for yourself. And, try to look more comfortable. If you're uncomfortable, it'll show in the picture.

>> No.9662428

Any good MUA you guys watch? A lot of the ones I find do really dramatic looks.

>> No.9662440

>>9659938
Are you doing primer/setting spray? Might not even be how you're applying it, but what you're applying like >>9661877 said.

>> No.9662452

I had a mild eye infection recently, should i throw out makeup that touched my eyes 2 weeks prior?

>> No.9662608

So from my experience, gel eyeliner rubs off very easily on cream eyeshadow but it has better staying power when it's on top of powder eyeshadow.

What about cream-to-powder eyeshadow? Any gulls have experience with their eyeliner rubbing off when it's on top of this kind of eyeshadow?

>> No.9662641

How do you choose eyeshadow colours to match your coord? I've heard of people matching eyeshadow to their dress colour but that sounds a bit old fashioned.

I just use the same-ish neutral brown makeup look for everything (since I'm mostly a classic lolita).

>> No.9662646

>>9662452
If it’s only you using it, nah. Just sterilize the makeup off possible (clean the eyeshadows, etc. for eyeliner and mascara there isn’t much you can usually do tho

Dunno how long the infecting agent would last outside the body

>> No.9662697
File: 912 KB, 767x827, makeupruboff.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

gulls I have this issue when wearing makeup and it drives me crazy. I have hooded eyelids and when Im wearing makeup around my outer eye, the outer eye corner area rubs off? It looks terrible and I hate it. I thought using a primer could help but it doesn't... My eyeliner is safe but if I wear concealer and power around there it starts rubbing off.

For now my solution is just forgoing concealer and powder and just doing eye makeup. But I miss my concealer because I have dark circles.

Has anyone else had this issue? How the fuck can I resolve this?

>> No.9662990

>>9662697
Benefit made a sealant called She Laq, but it has been discontinued. Do you have very oily skin? (Hooded eyes on their own shouldn't be an issue, but, boy, does oil not cooperate with them.) I'd keep trying for a primer or sealent. Worse come to worse, reapply as needed. I keep cleansing wipes and a makeup bag with me on really long days/important events because I know I have to reapply in about 4-5 hours give or take.

>> No.9662992

>>9662452
If it's really old makeup then I would if it maybe contributed to the infection. Otherwise, I wouldn't throw out anything that did not touch the infection. You can sharpen all your liners and wash your brushes to be safe. If you've had your mascara awhile then you might need a new one.

>> No.9662994

>>9662646
I've always been told it's safe 48 hours after starting an antibiotic.

>> No.9663013

>>9662641

It's whatever you want really. i will say for more understated coordinates neutral or sheer light pink eyeshadow is more suitable. For more out there coordinates you can break out the rainbow palette but again, it's based on situation. I've seen beautiful red based eye makeup for gothic as well as violet makeup, but also very dramatic black based eyeshadow. It also depends on eye shape - for instance, because my eyes are smaller, I do feel like eyeshadow doesn't show up as well so I will foil even for only semi formal coords. It takes a lot of experimentation and finding what you look good in.

>> No.9663074

>>9662646
>>9662992
>>9662994
Thanks. I found out my mascara is discontinued so I'm fucked on that. I've only used it a few times because I don't wear makeup often anymore but I'm going on a trip. I last used it 15 days before i had the eye problem and it seems like the incubation period is 2-14 days at most so like right there. Going back and forth on saying fuck it and finding a new kind or if I'm being overly paranoid.

>> No.9663109
File: 91 KB, 400x400, 0DD899B2-09ED-4582-A17A-99EEEDFA06C4-1901-0000019693329E44.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9662697
Maybe you could try Aprilskin's fixing shield? I've tried it on gel eyeliner that smudges badly and that bugger didn't budge the whole day. YMMV of course.

>> No.9663114

>>9663074
start finding a new kind now, one that is similar. You can find internet compares for that stuff

>> No.9663161

>>9663074
You likely need a new mascara. I'm not so stringent I get a new one every 3 months. However, if it's getting near a year then you maybe should toss it. I usually toss them no later then 6 months.

>> No.9663571
File: 36 KB, 660x810, 749A_HR_1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9662697
Yeah it happens to me. Maybe change the product? It worked for me and i also stopped rubbing my eyes.

It's probably a dumb question but what brush should i use for this powder highlight?

>> No.9664098

>>9608289
I have an appointment for undereye/nasolabial fillers tomorrow. Any anons have any filler advice?

>> No.9665196
File: 21 KB, 358x395, 75be4744acc4b41e00ef2863a6f402bc--ombre-lips-professional-makeup.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Can somebody help me out here? Have any of you heard of limelight cosmetics or have I been living under a rock?

Some literal nobody of a friend (has no social media presence) who's dirt poor and struggles to afford food has suddenly acquired several $20 liquid lipsticks and will not stop posting about them... like she's seriously posting at least two posts a day about these lipsticks that me and a friend have never heard of. So I'm assuming she's sponsored, but it's just really bizarre because she only has about 120 friends on Facebook and about 60 followers on Instagram.

>> No.9665202

whats a good primer for dry skin please help i am retarded

>> No.9665223

>>9662641
I think it's more about matching the feeling of your coordinate than directly matching your dress. Like with me, for something typically sweet, something light and fresh with a lot of pinks and rosiness. But if I'm wearing slightly darker sweet then I start bringing in brown eyeshadow to accent the pink, use a more striking lip color, use a more orangey blush, etc. It depends on the "vibe" you want and I think it'll be instinctual once you see it that way. Sorry for being abstract.

>> No.9665250

>>9665202
Clinique, dior, and chanel are, in general, good brands for dry skin. The most affordable of those is clinique.

>> No.9665275

>>9665250
Thank you!

>> No.9665375

>>9665202
I love hourglass veil mineral primer for my dry skin but it's kinda pricy.

>> No.9665868

>>9665375
I have that too and I love it. A little goes a long, if that's any consolation for the price.

>> No.9665871

>>9665868
>a little goes a long
A long way, I mean. Oops.

>> No.9666855

>>9665196
Anyone?

>> No.9666949

>>9665196
It's like every other pyramid scheme/MLM makeup company. It's essentially like Mary Kay

>> No.9666959
File: 37 KB, 500x395, 1440933001687.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Finally find a CC cushion that has the perfect colour, texture and coverage.
>Except it literally does not dry or set whatsoever and so transfers really easily on to fucking everything.
>Ends up sliding all over my face during the day.

>> No.9666960

>>9666959
setting spray or powder depending on the finish you want?

>> No.9666984

>>9666959
bake

>> No.9667132

Anyone who got laser hair removal can share her experience? Gonna do it for christmas on my face and maybe the legs too.

>> No.9667161

>>9667132
youll need to do it 6+ times for it to really work

biggest life regret was not forging my moms signature to have 6 months/sessions of armpits done for $200 (because i was 19 and legal age was 20 and my mom couldnt work a scanner without making it ant sized)

>> No.9668051

>>9666960
>>9666984
I've tried both with various powders and sprays; the CC stays wet in it's own layer and the powder/spray just smears off with it. It's almost like the CC itself is an oil.

I don't understand how they fucked up this one aspect so badly.

>> No.9668061

Looking for a foundation that has a really light shade that can handle a lot of oil! my forehead get's really oily out here in Florida heat
and while i do have bangs that cover my forehead i still need a foundation for my overall oiliness!

>> No.9668066

>>9667132
Both my mother and I did armpits. It took her 3-4 sessions to be hairless, but I'm going onto my 6th. Feels good to not have to shave though. I would start doing it now though, since you want to do most of it in the winter months where you can cover up/avoid sun exposure.

>> No.9668270

>>9668061
Actually seconding this. Once my NARS runs out I'll need something white, oil-resistant and medium-to-full coverage (leaning towards full). I don't want to buy from NARS again with the animal testing in China stuff. Don't bother arguing with me about that because anons won't change my mind lol

>> No.9668320

>>9667132
You are the first person I've heard of having to do hair removal on their face. I don't feel like a monster anymore. I wax though,but idk if it's hormonal or just "normal" hair. Laser doesn't remove hormonal hair right?(luckily my hormonal imbalance isn't bc of pcos or anything like that,mainly bc weight.getting thinner+birth control would probably get my hormones balanced)

>> No.9670379

>>9667161
I know, thanks!
>>9668066
I'll do it on december since i'll have more money and free time
>>9668320
Yes it's pretty fucking bad and being fair and sensitive doesn't help. I tried waxing and creams and it makes my skin so red and irritated so i decided to go with this. I'm really excited actually.

>> No.9671969

>>9668270
i hope you grow your own food and seeds, built your own house from wood you got from trees you grew and cut too, because there's animal testing in literally every aspect of your life.

>> No.9671994

>>9671969
If I can avoid animal testing in something that's a luxury like makeup then I will. Dumbass.

>> No.9672105

>>9665196
Your friend is a dumb one, isn't she?

>> No.9672107

>>9665202
moisturizer.

>> No.9672155

>>9632330
I highly recommend Milk Make Up Blur Liquid Matte Foundation.

>> No.9672156

>>9651202
Can this color look good on darker skin?

>> No.9672162

>>9672156
I think the better question is 'do I have the right undertones for this?'

>> No.9672197

>>9671994
Nice food is a luxury too, as is a nice house and nice clothes. You can avoid animal testing in those by making you own. Dumbass.

>> No.9672199

>>9672155
Even the lightest shade in this foundation is super dark, probably around an nc17

>> No.9673088

>>9634880
Seconding this.

>> No.9673761
File: 38 KB, 545x337, ddd.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Can anyone recommend a good white liquid eyeliner? I like to do a little pop of color above my wings (like so)

also if it's reasonably priced that's a bonus too. I see a lot on sephora for $20-30 but I'm looking for something that's around more a $15 or lower range.

>> No.9673816

>>9673761

I'm looking around for you anon, and best bet seems to be the l'oreal infallible paints eyeliner, which also comes in several other bold colors. Maybe try that?