[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 55 KB, 400x600, xcoordinate-contest-05-rufflecon-2016-400x600.jpg.pagespeed.ic.8lpxSiDh56.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9663291 No.9663291 [Reply] [Original]

Who the fuck is going
what the fuck are you wearing

>> No.9663689

I'm going! Panels got approved yesterday afaik, anybody running panels?

Also, is there a vendors list anywhere, or is it limited to just the blog posts on the website so far?

>> No.9663740

who's the special guest this year? I heard they had to cut Simplicity for stealing patterns from Indie designers.

>> No.9663746

Someday I'll make it.

>> No.9663856

>>9663740
They didn’t “steal” anything. Personally I think it was blown out of proportion. I think Meta is a guest this year I’m assuming 3F too

>> No.9663870

>>9663291
I'm going and it's going to be my first time. Still not sure what I'll be wearing however, rushing to put together three coords.

Whats everyones thoughts/ideas about the theme of the con? Seems like maybe Harry Potter-ish?

>> No.9663960

I'm going but as like last year I was too late on the ticket level I wanted so no tea party for me. I wish We could just buy it separately because I don't care about the other perks.

>> No.9663961

>>9663960
I'm wearing an Alice in wonderland coord and still trying to figure out what others to wear. I have a snow white, witch or book theme

>> No.9663967

>>9663870
It is Harry Potter-esque, yeah. I basically never dress for the theme and probably won't do it this year, either.

If I liked my HP house colors more, I'd do that, but since I'm a Hufflepuff it's kind of a no-go.

>> No.9664015

>>9663856
They literally bought items from indie designers and copied their patterns. How is that not stealing? From a legal standpoint, sure, they're fine, but it's fucking rude to work in the same vendor's hall as someone, to be a sponsor at that event, and then copy someone else's patterns and sell them for profit with no credit given.

>> No.9664017

>>9663967
I always just substitute yellow for gold, so if you want to run with that black with gold accents is doable

>> No.9664058
File: 116 KB, 1186x1014, 72EF950D-D0E4-4956-B9AD-3942FDC7464F.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9664015
Yeah it’s not like that doesn’t happen all the time in fashion. I’m certain nothing you own was ever knocked off /sarcasm >>9663967
I tried to dress for the theme last year but I’m not sure I’m going to this year. I don’t have much in the way of that style

>> No.9664063

>>9664058
nayrt but there's a big difference between taking from expensive big name designer fashion and taking from small indie brands

>> No.9664067

>>9664063
Oh I agree but it still happens all the time in normal fashion. Urban outfitters is known for doing just that with indie designs. In this case I honestly believe simplicity was under the impression they were helping the community not hurting -especially if you look at their relationship with the cosplay comm

>> No.9664075

>>9664058
You realize those designers work with the fast fashion industries to make cheaper garments and items, right? They do get paid for those "knock offs".

>> No.9664078

>>9664015
And you’re telling me the bear hat was an original design because it absolutely isn’t

>> No.9664085

It will be my first time attending. I'll be wearing mostly Ouji AATP.

>> No.9664088

>>9664017
Unfortunately I really don't wear black very much. Honestly I own way more Gryffindor color pieces anyway, haha.

>> No.9664570

>>9663689
I'm peeved that they accepted panels so late -_-

They have been really behind on vendors this year. Which vendor are you interested in? I can probably tell you if they are going or not

I'm probably going to wear handmade stuff and menhera the whole weekend because I'm lazy, but if my Elegy dress gets in before it somehow I'll wear that

>> No.9664824

>>9664570
I'm also very annoyed that they accepted panels so late. I'm running 3 panels and didn't want to complete any of them before knowing if they were going to be accepted or not, so now I have 20 days to cram three panels worth of research and writing into something presentable. ugh.

I'm not entirely sure what I'm interested in, desu. That's part of the problem, haha! I like to browse vendor lists, but it looks like we won't get that for some time.

>> No.9665227

I cant go this time sadly. I've heard rumours that Vierge Vampur might have a booth there, if anyone sees the Alice legs jsk I'm super interested in paying someone to get it for me

>> No.9666880 [DELETED] 

>>9663856
Legally, no, but if you don't think that what they did was tacky then I'm assuming your IQ points can be counted on one hand.

I agree that there were a couple folks who probably exaggerated what happened but if anything, this really demonstrated how out of touch Simplicity was with the audience they were trying to connect with. I certainly don't believe they were doing it with malicious intent, but I think it says a lot about their understanding of the community when they didn't think about the fact that they were purchasing items from small businesses and independent designers to frankenstein into commercial patterns. It was a very silly and ignorant move, regardless of legality.

>> No.9666883

>>9663856
Legally, no, but if you don't think that what they did was tacky as fuck then I'm assuming your IQ points can be counted on one hand.

I agree that there were a couple folks who probably exaggerated what happened but if anything, this really demonstrated how out of touch Simplicity was with the audience they were trying to connect with. I certainly don't believe they were doing it with malicious intent, but I think it says a lot about their understanding of the community when they didn't think about the fact that they were purchasing items from small businesses and independent designers to frankenstein into commercial patterns. It was a very silly and ignorant move, regardless of legality.

>>9664067
Right, but that's the point. This isn't normalfag fashion. People's standards are way different, and so are the (sub)cultural norms of any alternative fashion or niche hobby. Like I said, even if it wasn't malicious it demonstrates how out of touch they were/are.

>> No.9666891

>>9663291
I decided to splurge and got a deluxe membership this year!

I thought I knew what I wanted to wear but now I'm unsure. I'm planning on wearing Fortune Tarot from meta for the tea party.

I was thinking about doing meta all weekend which I think I still want to do, but I think the blouse I wanted to wear with one of my coords got lost in the mail ;_; I have other things I can wear with it but I'm a bit bummed. Oh well. Either way the next thing I planned to wear was Dozing Cat. I wanted to wear Night Carnival as well but I'm not sure anymore. Thinking about Wonder Carousel as backup.

Anyone else wearing meta all weekend? They're one of my fave brands so I'm super excited for them to be a guest this year!

>> No.9667223

>>9666883
Its amazing that people still dont get how it works after it being talked about so much.

The pattern was made by a 3rd party and sold to simplicity. At best the only thing simplicity is guilty of is not checking the source of the idea (as if that's a thing that can actually be done).
The people working the simplicity booth don't always work for the company, so even if someone from simplicity purchased stuff from the booths (two of the people complaing later went back and admitted that they couldnt be 100% sure that someone from the booth did purchase from them) its gonna be hard as all hell to prove that they used it to reverse engineer a pattern.
Two of the "copied" patterns have also been published in previous OnS editions as well so they aren't anything that isnt instructions for out there already.

>> No.9667241

>>9664824
I withdrew one of my panels because I had some tech accommodations I needed that I asked about /months/ ago which they never responded to -.- I'm so done with this con.

They don't even give you a badge for panels!

All of the standard people from last year are going to be there again this year, minus Lolita Collective, and there's a few new people + people who vended with LC coming by themselves.

Looks like they are finally getting around to announcing vendors, though I don't know why they can't just have a list and a map up on their site.

>> No.9667263

>>9666891
I only have enough Meta for one day since I'm wearing ouji.

>> No.9670324
File: 367 KB, 384x499, cherry.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I am excited as fuck
Wearing meta, AP, triple Fortune
My body is ready

>> No.9670994

has anyone ever volunteered/staffed for Rufflecon? I'm thinking about doing it to see how the con is like.
I've never been before and I'm a goof who forgot about tea party ticket deadlines, but I'm no stranger to staff volunteering.

>> No.9671068

>>9667241
>They don't even give you a badge for panels!
nayrt but I mean, they do offer a badge for the following year if you contribute 3 or more panels. That's why I made sure to have three panels this year. But, that being said, since I've heard some rumors about this being the last year...

>minus Lolita Collective,
oh no, they're not vending this year? That sucks. I really wanted them to be there.

>though I don't know why they can't just have a list and a map up on their site.
Honestly I think they're trying to build hype but it's really not working. Seeing a list of all of the vendors at once would hype me way more.

>> No.9671256

>>9671068
It's been known since last year that Lolita Collective wasn't returning; I don't think it was widely publicized but I remember it was discussed in last year's thread. I'm bummed too. Seems like it's possibly due to the cost of space not being worth it.

Also yikes I hope those are just rumors and not true! Rufflecon isn't perfect but as an attendee at least, I really enjoy it. I mean even if it became just a one day event it might be nice still. There's not many larger events on the east coast (especially northeast) that cater to lolitas like this.

>> No.9671855

>>9671068
>they do offer a badge for the following year if you contribute 3 or more panels

>this being the last year...
That's a shame, I hope it won't happen. This would be a fantastic event to be hosted in another state next time if that is true though, maybe on the West Coast.

Sounds like a good way to make sure you have an over saturation of crappy panels.

>> No.9671895

>>9664570
>>9664824
>>9667241

I know a lot of the higher ends on staff quit after getting death threats for the whole Simplicity thing. That's probably why things are so slow. Whosever left had to pick up the slack.

>> No.9673744

>>9671256
>Seems like it's possibly due to the cost of space not being worth it.
If that was the case, surely the better option for them would be to choose a smaller space to rent?

Anyway, the schedule is out now! Any panels you're excited about? Scheduling conflicts?

I'm annoyed because one of the few games this year is during the Meta fashion show, which is really disappointing. I'm also sad that the person who organized several games last year isn't hosting anything.

>> No.9673765

>>9673744
Damn, there are barely any panels this year.

>> No.9673922

>>9673765
I know. I'm pretty upset about that, too. It really seems like the con is dying, which is highly depressing... I wonder why so many people who ran panels previously chose not to this year? The people I have in mind are attending, so attendance isn't the issue.

>> No.9674764

>>9671068
>>9671068
Three panels is a lot though, and you get /nothing/ for less than that.

LC has to sell a lotttt to meet costs since they only a small percentage of sales actually goes to them. I'm sad about them not being there as well, but I totally understand why.

Nothing will get me hyped for this show, I think it's going to be awful and I'm so mad. I'm just going because of all my friends going.

>>9671895
Damn I didn't realize they got death threats! wow ._. I blame CandyHolic for a lot of the craziness around that issue.

>>9673765
It's almost like giving panelists no time to prepare means a lot of people had to withdraw their panels.

I really want this to be Rufflecon's last year so a competent group can run a good show instead -_-

>> No.9674823

>>9671895
the Simplicity drama was mean-spirited and pointless. nobody should be issuing death threats over bullshit like that. i am not surprised people would withdraw. i am angrily disappointed anyone had to put up with that shit from leeches in the first place.

>> No.9674824

>>9674764
>I think it's going to be awful and I'm so mad.
this is what is called a self-fulfilling prophecy.

>> No.9674837

>>9674764
>I really want this to be Rufflecon's last year so a competent group can run a good show instead -_-

That would take *years* to start up, and I doubt anybody is going to put in that much effort. I'm not saying the RC organizers are perfect, but you can't really deny how much work they do, and I highly doubt anybody else will put in that much effort. I know I wouldn't.

>> No.9676573

>>9674764
>I really want this to be Rufflecon's last year so a competent group can run a good show instead -_-

Holding my breath for you to go ahead and step up to the plate anon. For that matter, do you think ruffle cons existence prevented other groups from trying this? Nope. So that puts paid to the idea that there are "Competent groups" out there willing to make a better one.

Spoiler: Competent groups know how much work these things are and how ungrateful Lolitas are about everything so be prepared for a lot more starburst buffets in your future.

>> No.9676582

>>9671895
It's really disappointing that Rufflecon hasn't made a statement about that in support of their staff, or are you just making it up?

>>9667223
I don't understand why anyone would defend Simplicity. It's amazing their lolita stuff still looks like shit even after going to lolita events. If I had a small brand I wouldn't go to the same places as Simplicity out of precaution.

>> No.9676629

>>9665227
Omggg... really I love them. They were there last year I had no clue they were attending again.

>> No.9676741

>>9676629
They aren't listed on the vendors list so I don't know if they're attending or not.

>> No.9676993

>>9676629
>>9676741
ill be sad whether they are or arent. goddamn i just want the alice dress so badly. they changed the design of it a bit but i still want it...
they really dont answer inquiries at all. i used their message form on their site in polite japanese and didnt get a response, tried their fb as well. i dont have twitter but i doubt theyd reply there either.

>> No.9677081

>>9670994
I have a friend who is. Heard you have to do 20 hours which is pretty excessive for such a small con. You’d pretty much have no time to do anything else.

Oh. And staff aren’t allowed to attend the tea party.

>> No.9677315

>>9676582
They did actually mention it in their official statement about the Simplicity drama.

https://www.rufflecon.org/statement-regarding-rufflecon-simplicity/?platform=hootsuite

I'm also friends with a lot of the staff members too, so I know from their postings on social media and stuff after the matter that a lot were upset and left.

>> No.9677442

>>9677315
Like who

>> No.9677621

>>9676993
no they wont respond , don't know why either they have some really awesome and unique pieces people in the U.S really want. I feel like last years Ruffle Con was the only chance to get things unless if you go to a con in Japan.

>> No.9677802

>>9677621
its really fucking depressing. ive never had a dream dress before. i have tonnes of sewing experience and i could totally make my own version and even tho its not for profit i feel like itd be wrong to do so. instead ill just suffer about it

>> No.9677805

>>9677802
If it helps, you could get a ss and try for it

>> No.9677829

>>9677805
not even sure how an SS would help since they dont have anything available on their shop

>> No.9678078

>>9677829
I know theit stuff used to be on a well known website with other nice indie brands, sadly the website is down which really sucks.

I really liked their paper cut doll dress it's so different that not many would think to buy it, but that's what made the print so fun. I don't even know if they still have it , if anyone has worn it other than the model.

But dont they have their own shop in Japan? I think I saw in a kawaii Japan video

>> No.9678626

Just a feeler but if anyone is going from NYC on Saturday or needs a lift back to NYC I have three seats open in my car.
Not a creep, 22 year old female I work as a chef and my best friend and I are going together for a day and thought I'd put this out there if anyone needs it

>> No.9680472

Bump
It's literally next week the lack of hype is making me sad

>> No.9680577

I was excited until I saw the lack of panels for Sunday. I am modeling on Saturday so a huge chuck of my time will be going into that. Sunday is so pathetic that I would rather spend my money exploring shops in NY then waste it on gas to get to CT. And if this really is the last year I am super annoyed I didn't pay the extra for a three day pass because Friday panels look pretty awesome. No fucking clue as to what I'll be wearing.

I'm told Simplicity has been a huge part of Ruffle since the beginning and after this year it will be going. Super depressed about it. I'm glad Ruffle took a stance against the theft, but ultimately it may result in the convention being closed down after this year. I pray these rumors as just that.

>> No.9680586

>>9678078
>>9677802

They often have a booth at Design Festa in Tokyo, which is actually coming up this month. Saw the Alice dress there in May, and it didn't sell till around 1pm ish, whereas the damn cutlery dress sold within minutes of the place opening...

>> No.9680801

I know there's the general feeling of disappointment about the number of panels, but what is everyone's feelings on the panels themselves? Anything you're looking forward to or worried about?

I'm excited for the planning / journaling panel. I'm getting into planning now, so it's perfectly timed for me.

There's a /cgl panel which..... I can't see going well. Thoughts?

There's also the "panties panel", which, I get it, it's about undergarments, but the title of it rubs me the wrong way. Makes me think of creepy old perverts.

I want to go to the Newlyweds Game pretty badly, but it's during the Meta fashion show...

>> No.9681487

>>9680801
The /cgl/ pannel sounds dumb and exactly like the community meta-discussion no one really enjoys. As a panelist, you make yourself look like an edgelord. We know you use the internet my dude we don't need a whole lecture about it

The panels look better-curated than last year's. Like there are fewer panels but a greater percentage of them sound interesting.

Really excited about the meta fashion show. Really excited to shop. Really excited to just hang out with a different group of lolitas in person and be fancy and beautiful and get our party on.

>> No.9681513

>>9680801
>>9681487
Hi! I'm the panelist doing the /cgl panel. I just want to say that what I'm attempting to do with this panel is to explain to newbies that CGL isn't the big, horrible place that a lot of people make it out to be. Basically the whole panel is demonstrating the usefulness of /cgl, and showing different types of threads that are genuinely helpful to lolitas.

Of course I understand it's not going to be something everyone will enjoy, and I was a little hesitant to run the panel in the first place, but I do honestly believe that /cgl has a worse reputation than it deserves at times, and that most lolitas could benefit from using it.

>> No.9681676

>>9680586
its a shame that if i managed to find an SS to nab it id probably end up paying their entire electric bill

>> No.9681833

>>9680577
the Simplicity sponsorship has already ended, amid a lot of backlash that continues to this day, with staff members receiving nasty threats and harassments. i am angry that a handful of lolitas are making it their mission to sabotage the only frilly event in the area.

someone upthread expressed the hope that with RuffleCon gone, something better would take its place. no, you dumb cunt. everyone who had the ability to run this level of event was already involved. nothing will take its place. if you wanted a better con, you should have joined the effort instead of working against it.

>> No.9681846

>>9681513
I think that a /cgl/ panel is a fantastic idea, it's risky sure but I applaud you for being brave and going for it. I've benefited from /cgl/ in many ways, it's helped me learn how to coord better and grow a thicker skin.

>> No.9682029

>>9681846
Thank you! I've also benefitted from it a lot over the years. I realize that its reputation has definitely become less bad over the years, but I still think a lot of people avoid it due to past drama or straight up fear.

One thing I worry slightly about is that if the panel is well-attended by people who aren't already using cgl, it might bring a lot more newbies and the bothersome questions and comments that come with them. But I don't really picture this panel being very well-attended, especially by people who aren't already on /cgl, so I'm not too worried.

>> No.9682037

>>9682029
If you don't want noobs to show up then who is this panel for

>> No.9682114

>>9682037
I do want newbies to show up for the panel, but what I'm saying is that I hope they do some lurking and don't flock to /cgl/ blindly and full of typical noob questions.

>> No.9682125
File: 116 KB, 971x754, sad.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9680801
I'm one of the panelists for the newlyweds game. tfw no one is gonna show up because of the meta fashion show... really disappointed in how we were scheduled this year.

>> No.9682158

>>9682125
I'm p sure I know who you are and yeah, it really sucks... I'm considering coming, I just haven't decided yet. I don't really like meta much as a brand, but at the same time, it's a major event...

did you consider asking the organizers to reschedule you? They might do it.

>> No.9683855

Bump!

I realize everyone going is probably too busy to be checking cgl right now, but I want more hype!

Any last-minute preparations you need to get done? Personally, I haven't done any packing yet and I'm trying to make a new JSK between Tuesday morning and when I leave on Thursday morning. Wish me luck!

>> No.9684081

Has the hotel they're staying in taken care of the mold problem?

RuffleMold 2016 was bad.

>> No.9684104

>>9684081
We can hope...

>> No.9684831

>>9683855
My local post office sucks so much and they lost a bunch of my shit I bought specifically for this con. I live in the PNW so I'm actually leaving tonight to spend a couple of days in New York. So much stress.

>> No.9684834

What kind of food do you get with a plus membership? I had to buy a deluxe plus membership because I wanted to go to the tea party and the other tiers were sold out

>> No.9685203

>>9684834
Last year it was the restaurant in the hotel for the meal tickets. Okay food not great. I wanted to go to the tea party but I didn’t know I was going soon enough to grab the regular vip and I noped our at the price for the highest.
>>9682125
I wanna go to your panel anon! I’m helping my friend with her table so I’ll probaby miss most the show and your panel anyway though :(
>>9683855
Not packed myself either. I’ve had 4 hard test this week at school and I’m seriously stressed. Not really wanting to work my friends table but I did promise...hope the dealer room is as good as last year!

>> No.9686085

>>9683855
I've been repacking every day. I'm tempted to just pack most of my wardrobe.

>> No.9686402

>>9686085
Alaska airlines lost our bag with literally all of our fancy clothes. We thought that this trip was absolutely wasted when they said our bag was permalost. Turns out they sent it to Newark

>> No.9686490

>>9686402
My nightmare anon. At least they tracked it down.

>> No.9686552

Anyone rolling in Thursday night

>> No.9686688

Is anyone going to the Lesbian Lolita Orgy (LLO Society) on Saturday night?

>> No.9686706

>>9686688
yep, im shaving right now and eating pineapples

>> No.9686739

>>9686402
Luckily I'm just taking a train there, but ouch that sucks. At least they found it 2 states over, lol. Wondering how it ended up in New Jersey

>> No.9687437

I'm arriving tonight in the later evening from my flight, so I'm praying I'm not going to be a total zombie for tomorrow. I also brought outfits to match the themes for the weekend, but didn't get a tea party ticket before it was too late :/ But gives me more time to check out, it really sucks that people have to get ready for the tea party and pack up in the same morning.

>> No.9687550

>>9686739
We flew in through JFK and apparently Alaska has been sending all new york-bound luggage to Newark. Sounded like a chronic issue.

>> No.9687552

Super excited for 3F lucky packs!! Anyone else gonna pick one up?

>> No.9687844

Hope everyone packed warm. It's supposed to be super cold.

>> No.9687994

>>9687437
It was super annoying last year so me and my roommates are staying an extra day and leaving on Monday. So happy to have a nice long weekend for myself.

>> No.9688181

>>9686688
...??? is this a thing?

>> No.9688189

>>9686552
yeah, i will arrive around 130AM

>> No.9688205
File: 1.89 MB, 200x267, 1435197197533.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9686688
Sounds really interesting.

>> No.9689177

Hey has anyone seen my friend's black Blizzcon backpack? She may have misplaced it at the hotel lobby and she's torn up. If you find it, please give it to hotel management.

>> No.9689353

>>9689177
I haven't seen it but I hope you find it!!

>> No.9689528

How is the mold situation?

>> No.9689597

>>9689528
They fixed the mold situation a long time ago, so no mold here as far as I've heard.

>> No.9689826

>>9689597
Wish I would have known that, it's the only thing that kept me from going.

>> No.9690034

Is there gonna be a cgl meetup?

>> No.9690244

>>9689826
yo that is the kind of thing you can call the hotel to ask about, like, any time

>> No.9690300

>>9690034
I think the /cgl panel would have been the best place to do that, but it was too early in the morning for some people

>>9690244
yeah but as if they would be honest about it?

Also, anyone hear about the salt about the premium and deluxe "swag bags" this year? Spoiler: they're fucking worthless

>> No.9690301

>>9686688
Don't leave me hanging here, need more info

>> No.9690303

>>9690300
What's up with the swag bags?

>> No.9690319

>>9690300
Give me the salt this thread is dead and I need entertainment

>> No.9690331

>>9690301
If you didn't get the room number, you weren't invited.

>> No.9690339

Yes this thread needs more salt. Any other drama going on?

>> No.9690415

What was up with the fashion runway by the 17 year old that was like normie runway stuff? Don't get me wrong, it was cool and all, but it had nothing to do with lolita and felt kind of jarring.

>> No.9690460
File: 367 KB, 659x427, oh noo.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Work prevents me from going. I'm so jelly of you bitches, I hope you all have fun.

>> No.9690467

>>9690301
Just knock on every door until you find it anon!

>> No.9690483

>>9690300
>salt about the premium and deluxe "swag bags"
I haven't heard the salt, but yeah it was worthless especially when I had seen last years

>> No.9690485

>>9690483
Worthless how?

>> No.9690490

>>9690244
Yeah but, like, they would most likely, like, lie about it. And like, I wouldn't have gone after the Lolita Collective wasn't going because they know what's worth going to and obviously that's, like, a sign if like, they aren't going.

>> No.9690493

Did anyone info worth go? It seems like the efamous stay away from it

>> No.9690495

>>9690485
Just postcards and flyers. Two vouchers to pick up things from the specified booth. Mossbadger did give out a nice pendant, but my other voucher was just another postcard. This year's pin was very poorly done compared to last year's beautiful enamel pins.

>> No.9690497

>>9690493
*Anyone worth anything damn autocorrect

>> No.9690504

>>9690415
It's a jfashion con, not just lolita.

>> No.9690505

>>9690490
I use 'like' a lot in speech but it's unnecessary if you're typing

>> No.9690507

>>9690495
yeah cause you went after Simplicity

this is why we can't have nice things

>> No.9690564

>>9690493
Mostly just drama cows (Naturally-Racist-Chan anyone?) and itas in frazzled wigs.

>> No.9690587

>>9690504
Yeah but her stuff wasn't jfashion. She claimed it was "steampunk inspired" and in some pieces I could sort of see the influence, but overall it was just runway fashion. I'm not saying that's necessarily bad, just unexpected and a little jarring.

>> No.9690621

>>9690564
Sounds like you didn't attend at all or you're just self-projecting lmao

>> No.9690641

>>9690495
It definitely wasn't worth the price, that for sure.

>> No.9690660

>>9690504
>jfashion
*alternative fashion

the dance tonight was fucking awesome. wtf was with the maracas?

>> No.9690672

>>9690621
So I'm guessing you haven't checked the rufflecon tag on instagram huh?

>> No.9690684
File: 111 KB, 640x1136, 1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9690621

>> No.9690685
File: 79 KB, 640x1136, 2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9690684

>> No.9690686
File: 120 KB, 640x1136, 3.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9690685

>> No.9690687
File: 109 KB, 640x1136, 4.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9690686

>> No.9690688
File: 106 KB, 640x1136, 5.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9690687

>> No.9690690
File: 91 KB, 640x1136, 6.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9690688

>> No.9690691
File: 70 KB, 640x1136, 7.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9690690
No itas huh? No horrible wigs like I said?U blind?

>> No.9690695

>>9690688
god damn i love that dress but she makes me hate the coord so much

>> No.9690714

>>9690695
Are u kidding me ?
she looks frickin amazing

>> No.9690721

>>9690695
She is literally the best one out of all these photos. She looks fucking great. Not gonna defend the rest.

>> No.9690815

>>9690691
I didn't say they weren't any, just saying it isn't all itas lol. And why do I need to check the Instagram tag when I'm fucking already at the event? Youre just acting like no other event has itas attending before lol. Just get the salt out of your panties.

>> No.9691007

Is it just me or were prices in consignment even more insane than usual? Someone was trying to sell two of Meta's window print OPs for $400 each. The hell?

>> No.9691031

>>9690691
You can't blame her for this outfit. She was clearly in the fashion show and it was the designer who put her in that. Its not her fault the designer has shit tastes.

>> No.9691032
File: 17 KB, 320x320, 1510364165753.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>mrw looking at "rufflecon after dark" pics
I'm getting so much secondhand embarrassment. Amazes me how people can be involved in fashion hobbies but overall have no taste when it comes to other apparel.

>> No.9691095

>>9691007
Well they get to choose the price so can't really do anything about that. There was also a lot of cheap items too so what's the complaint about?

>> No.9691100

>>9690714
>>9690721
I think I just don’t like the hat and jester wand. I’m a picky fucker

>> No.9691101

>>9691032
God forbid people have fun or dress down after spending the whole day wearing uncomfortable dresses ::rolls eyes:: Who called over the no fun police.

>> No.9691104 [DELETED] 

>>9690691
Also you're picking all the shitties outfits in the tag. There's a lot of amazing outfits, you just can't notice with all the sand in your vagina.

>> No.9691105

>>9663740
This whole situation pisses me off, that indie designer didn't invent the idea of bear-ear hoods or whenever but she was acting like she was the first person to ever dream of that shit.

Get over yourself

>> No.9691106

>>9690691
Also you're picking all the shittiest outfits in the Rufflecon tag. There's a lot of amazing outfits, you just can't notice with all the sand in your vagina.

>> No.9691111

>>9691105
They also copied The cat ear bonnet from another indie Japanese designer and that's not something you find everywhere like bear headbands. Stop defending a shitty company or else just admit you're just a shit person who doesn't give a fuck about major companies stealing indie designer's designs all the time. You do you, boo.

>> No.9691139 [DELETED] 

>>9691101
Yeah, because noting your clothes makes them look like distasteful slobs is *really* just the fun police trying to shut down their good time. God you're sensitive.

>> No.9691145

>>9691101
Yeah, because noting that their clothes makes them look like distasteful slobs is *really* just the fun police trying to shut down their good time. And they're totally not trying to get attention from said clothes by posting all over social media or anything. God you're sensitive.
This convention has an insane amount of whiteknights.

>> No.9691206

>>9691145
Yeah I'm the sensitive one lol. You're the one giving grievance to people you don't even know. Like you're literally complaining about the littlest things that no one gives a shit about.

>> No.9691237

>>9691206
Afaik I'm posting an opinion on 4chan. If you're one of those people and you feel what I said is a grievance and confrontation, you should grow a thicker skin, o fragile one.

>> No.9691248

>>9691206
>no one gives a shit about
Evidently, you do.

>> No.9691273

>>9690621
Check Instagram

>> No.9691277

The Rufflecon whitenights are strong in his thread.

The two of them. Lol

>> No.9691300

>>9691277
I'm just tired of people nitpicking this event because this is the reason why events like this doesn't happen anymore. I don't give two fucks about Rufflecon ( I've had my own terrible experiences>>9691237
here at the hotel so I'm not whiteknighting at all lol ), and my skin is indeed thiccc. Just remember this when you all start bitching about how there's no more events like this anymore.

>> No.9691319
File: 985 KB, 500x281, really.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9691300
>why events like this doesn't happen anymore
Pretty sure it's a funding and attendance issue that has nothing to do with the criticisms of after hour clothes.

>> No.9691335

>>9691319
Attendance was actually higher than last year so...? And they also have brands like American Duchess and Arda Wigs as sponsors, so I don't think they're doing as badly financially as you think.

>> No.9691356

>>9691335
Oh honey, it's not because of internet bullies lol.

>> No.9691361

>>9691100
but you said:
>but she makes me hate the coord so much

what does that have to do with her? the jester hat and wand make the coordinate amazing. its OTT but this is a lolita event, thats the point.

>> No.9691481

>>9691106
Honestly, no one looked good this year.

>> No.9691485

>>9691031
im sure she brought her own shit petti, most "models" do
ita designers makes for an ita con so thats no excuse either.

>> No.9691487

>>9691106
literally took me a couple minutes to grab 7 examples. thats not digging around for the bad ones i barely had to scroll through. look at the time stamps.

>> No.9691509

>>9691481
You're fucking lying there were tons of good outfits, stop being a salty cunt.

>> No.9691517

>>9691509
Stay mad lmfao

>> No.9691572

>>9691517
Nahhhh that's work

>> No.9691608

Really enjoying the one jealous samefriend who didn't go to the con and wants to bash it anyway.

Highlights? Lowlights?

>> No.9691827

>>9691608
i dont know why you think i didnt go to the con for posting instagram screenies? did you expect me to post creepshots or something?

>> No.9691831

>>9691361
Perhaps I wasn't clear, by "she" i meant "what she did", specifically "how she coordinated it". And yeah it is OTT, I acknowledge and accept that, but in this specific instance I don't love it. I often pictured people wearing this in a totally different way.

Also this is hyper picky but I don't like the hair or makeup. If you're gonna put so much work into the hat and scepter thingy then a llittle more on those things can't hurt.

It's not a bad coord by any means, I personally don't like it and it didn't suit my own interpretation of the dress? Thats kind of super stupid to type but that's the best way I can explain it.

>> No.9691832

>>9691335
Higher than last year sure, but they lost a huge sponsor without a huge replacement that I'm aware of. And you can still bleed money while trying to grow a con, even as income increases.

>> No.9691929

>>9674764
There isn’t anything preventing anyone from making another Lolita specific con though. It just takes a ton of work, money, several people with good organizational skills, and people who will commit and having enough staff so as not to be overtaxed. And if anything, Rufflecon needs a staff person with better organizational skills and the ability to make executive decisions in a timely manner. I think it can be salvaged but like I said that’s really what they need. That and a better hotel.

>> No.9692054

>>9691608
>Highlights
Meta fashion show and exclusive RuffleCon wedding dress, Undressing the Witch panel, Behind the Bows dramatic reading, tea party with good food, Saturday night dance with free macarons, the Ruffle Royale, and socializing with lolitas from all over the world. The social aspect is always my favorite.

Also, seeing other jfash besides lolita is great. It's still mostly a lolita con, though.

>Lowlights
Cold, not a lot in the area to do or eat at, drunk normies being assholes at night time, no game room, not enough panels, some stuckup people, long-ass consignment check in (still better than previous years).

Like 90% of the low points can be fixed with a better location, imo.

>> No.9692092

>>9692054
>not a lot in the area to do or eat at
>some stuckup people
>long-ass consignment checkin
Interesting to see how things haven't changed in the couple years since I've been.

>> No.9692113

>>9692092
Most people weren't stuckup. However, some people obviously do better with social media than real life. They stuck out because of their attitudes--most everyone else was friendly or just obviously shy, not outright snobbish.

Even some of the more famous lolitas who seem to attend every major lolita event were cool to talk to. I'm glad to be reminded that /cgl/ is a really condensed saline solution compared to the margarita of big lolita events.

>> No.9692121

>>9692113
>"I have to remind myself that people act different when they're anonymous compared to irl when they have actual face to lose."

Ooooookay.

>> No.9692122

>>9691100
iirc this was for the coord contest so it was OTT. gonna give her props for going for that crazy ass aatp jester hat. some of the winners of the coord contest were def ita

>> No.9692125

>>9691929
most of the staff are the worst part of the con. theyre all incompetent, blame the congoers who spend $$$ to be there for THEIR OWN mistakes. Had multiple issues throughout the weekend with staff incompetence and will not be returning next year

>>9692054
>long-ass consignment check in
they always blame the hotel wifi every year. like, ask for a fuking 20' ethernet cable then and stop wasting everyones time

>> No.9692126

>>9689353
She never found it. It was either misplaced or stolen. :(

>> No.9692172

>>9692125
This is what happens when you don’t train your staff. I would love to take over one of their departments and whip it into shape

>> No.9692277

>>9692122
THANK YOU , I thought the same thing

>> No.9692279

>>9692125
What did they blame on con goers

>> No.9692282

>>9692172
Do it , I dare you

>> No.9692334

>>9692172
double-dog dare you to

>> No.9692413

>>9692172
Please. Con staffing is so unforgiving but this year there seemed to be a lot of miscommunication with the staff, more so in other years. I know someone said they lost a lot of staffers right before the con. If someone becomes staff that knows what the fuck they're doing it'd be really great honestly.

>> No.9692436

>>9681513
So how this one went?

>> No.9692459

>>9690507
The biggest problem is that the deluxe and premium members bought their tickets BEFORE the simplicity drama went down. It's not like we could have known beforehand how shitty it was going to be.

>>9691007
There were tons of cheap prices too, though. I got a BABY cutsew for $10, BABY bolero for 10, and an IW cutsew for $15. All of those were on Friday, before the discounts on Sunday. On Sunday I got even more insanely cheap deals.

>> No.9692460

1/2

So here's a rundown on the premium/deluxe member swag. Keep in mind this is coming from a deluxe member with two premium member friends, and who went to the feedback panel:

The premium gift bags were set up "lucky bag style", according to the staff on Thursday night, so basically some premium members got 2 tickets to get things from the marketplace, some got 3, some got 1 (but that was a mistake that was corrected. There should have been 2 or 3 per bag.) Every premium member got the same pair of socks, and some people got two of the same pair (because "lucky bag style"). HOWEVER nobody was told it would be "lucky bag style", so a lot of people were pissed because some people got much more value than others.

Deluxe bags were almost completely worthless. The bag material itself was very cheap in comparison to last years (imagine one of those reusable grocery store bags.) There were fliers for Wunderwelt, Atelier Sucré and a few other brands, and a sticker sheet. We had coupons to get things from Miss Danger and MossBadger (more on this in a second). We also had a tiny perfume sample which I immediately gave away. Finally, there was a 10% off Arda coupon. But that's it.

Consider last year's bag, where we received: two rolls of lace, two brooches, a pair of wristcuffs, a perfume sample, a mug, and three tea samples, plus some postcards.

I have photos of both of the swag from this year and last year, if anyone is interested in seeing the comparison.

Note: The lapel pins weren't in the swag bags on Thursday night. When we complained, we were originally told that there weren't any lapel pins. We immediately said that we were promised them (because we were.) Eventually they found them and we were given the pins.

>> No.9692463

>>9692460
From the feedback panel, it turns out that someone had accidentally thrown all of the pins out on Thursday night, and the staff had to literally go dumpster diving in order to retrieve the box (the pins were in bags, in a big bag, in a box, so they weren't contaminated or anything.)

Also, though, the pins were SO cheap compared to last year. Last year we had large enamel pins. This year they were tiny and plastic, and mine broke within the first 5 minutes of wearing it.

When we presented the coupon to Moss Badger, we were given a pendant. Miss Danger gave us a postcard. That obviously pissed people off because we already had so many postcards, and last year, when we gave our coupons to the vendors, they gave us actual items.

Then, we are given MORE things at the tea party. Last year, we recieved a second tote bag (Vierge Vampur), a Putumayo keychain, Putumayo sticker, a two-way hair pin from Pastel Parade, a compact mirror from Vierge Vampur, Triple Fortune pin and handkerchief. We also had postcards.

This year at the tea, we were given more postcards and a brooch from Meta.

So, the stark difference between the value of last year's swag versus this year was obviously very upsetting to many people.

From the feedback panel, we learned a lot about why this happened and how they intend to fix it. I don't know if anyone is interested in the "why", but if you are, let me know and I'll type it up.

I will say that around 75% of the problems come because they were extremely short on staff this year. They NEED more people to volunteer as staff, plain and simple. I've already recruited a few people to volunteer for next year.

If anyone has more questions or wants to know if things were talked about in the feedback panel, let me know. It might take me a little bit to get back to you because I am basically a corpse today, but I'll check periodically.

>> No.9692475

>>9692463
I'd love to here their reasons and more details about the feedback panel! I had to leave early to avoid traffic and am grateful for you your detailed notes.

>> No.9692492

>>9692463
thank you for the breakdown. can you post the comparison pics? and explain the "why"?

>> No.9692493

>>9692460
It's so sad that they made some bags bigger than others; obviously that's only going to lead to bad feelings. What was their intention?
I'm so glad I skipped on this year. If it's as bad as it sounds, I would've felt cheated after last year.

Please post pics! Pic of this years pin, too.

>> No.9692499

>>9692463
I would gladly volunteer, but it's not like they make it worth it. For me, Rufflecon is already a ~250-400 event in travel expenses alone.

>> No.9692500
File: 59 KB, 750x750, 23507568_329067877568594_7258300692207501312_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

small pic dump from social media. no official photos yet.

>> No.9692501

>>9692463
Could you explain how the low quality of the swag bags was related to the staffing issue? I'm not seeing it.

>> No.9692502
File: 134 KB, 521x1199, DOTOtOfWkAMjb7Q.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9692500

>> No.9692503
File: 51 KB, 528x960, 23434722_2009521005725546_5723747115687842611_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9692502

>> No.9692506
File: 189 KB, 1200x1200, DOUaBqfXkAAXRFh.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9692503

>> No.9692509
File: 58 KB, 960x960, 23380213_2009520662392247_8882898940999502916_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9692506
I am too lazy to separate the lolita coords from the non-lolita ones

>> No.9692513
File: 169 KB, 900x1200, DOZd8irV4AIzng-.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9692509

>> No.9692517
File: 48 KB, 640x640, 23498871_297484107423221_2153673773910327296_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9692513

>> No.9692522
File: 119 KB, 517x1199, DOd6xMiVQAIUL66.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9692517

>> No.9692524
File: 113 KB, 750x852, 23498775_128735724467881_3303207056126771200_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9692522

>> No.9692526
File: 41 KB, 640x640, 23507768_266860247172878_2099088781142392832_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9692524

>> No.9692527
File: 94 KB, 675x1200, DOgBWDCW4AA8gOq.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9692526

>> No.9692529
File: 111 KB, 750x750, 23498338_370314223381915_8635116578507063296_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9692527

>> No.9692530

>>9692460
Yeah, I was someone who bought deluxe after I saw what my friend who was premium got in her bag last year and other deluxe friends' swag. Like aside from the early seating and early access to consignment + marketplace I definitely wanted in on the swag and was a little disappointed/confused when I opened my deluxe bag, because I also felt immediately that there were things missing that were promised on the website under the membership tiers. A friend of mine who was deluxe got her badge Friday morning instead of Thursday night like me and another friend and she did get her lapel pin, but I remember in the hotel room she held it up and we saw that it had already snapped in half after one day.

I know they had a lack of funding this year so I get why that's the bags were a little light this year but some of this was just kinda ridic. They only sold 5 premimums last year and this year it was initially like that too but it seems like they opened it up to 5 more for some reason (rumor I heard is to grab extra cash after they got rid of Simplicity) and because vendors were only contracted for 5 items, plus probably due to funding issues, people's bags became lucky packs. For $450 I'd be pretty damn annoyed too.

As for Miss Danger only giving out postcards, I saw another deluxe friend actually have a brooch from her as her gift for the coupons/tickets people got that were told to present them for gifts. What I heard what happened was MD had a miscommunication: the brooches were supposed to be for premium members only, and they didn't know deluxe also got the gift tickets. So people started handing them the coupon to get their free gift, and they gave them to deluxe members when they should've been for premium, then ran out. I also heard there was supposed to be postcards for premium as well but they got lost in the mail or something when trying to ship them from Russia to the USA? IDK, maybe the other anon has more info on that.

>> No.9692531
File: 61 KB, 480x480, 23498219_127963907893234_2165964617396781056_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9692529

>> No.9692534
File: 108 KB, 750x640, 23417160_1503005306487696_1926122919054802944_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9692531

>> No.9692537
File: 75 KB, 750x750, 23421729_470743513320484_8503202559295488000_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9692534

>> No.9692538

>>9692530
That said I did have a nice time but yeah, there was a ridiculous amount of communication issues among staff it seems. Personally I would say half the problems were staffing issues, and the other half was absolutely an issue of funding due to the loss of Simplicity as a sponsor.

Wunderwelt bought out Moitie which leads to me believe they have a decent amount of money; I wonder if they would consider becoming a major sponsor for the event? I think someone told me they were a sponsor at some level but it doesn't seem to me like they were a major one.

>> No.9692539
File: 145 KB, 750x936, 23416940_239204663279381_3523033906221678592_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9692537

>> No.9692542
File: 118 KB, 750x937, 23498704_131686430827897_917763850353246208_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9692539

>> No.9692545
File: 142 KB, 750x750, 23421235_1485936261490093_7559573470992924672_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9692542

>> No.9692547
File: 123 KB, 750x750, 23507561_157030925040266_8981107882468573184_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9692545

>> No.9692548

>>9692475
This was the first year I was able to go to the feedback panel, and I'm glad I did!

>>9692492
>>9692493
I gladly post the pictures! It'll take me a little bit to compile them though, but I will try to get them to you all asap.

>>9692499
Well, you do get free admission. So you're saving yourself $80 at least. But that may be something you can take up with staff.
Plus, for example, the people who I've recruited to volunteer are my non-lolita partner and family. They all appreciate lolita but aren't interested in going to panels, for example, so the at-con time-requirement isn't a problem for them. I know a lot of people who could easily bring their partner along, if it works for them in their situation. It's also a case of "do I want this con to have the best chance of continuing?" I understand how hard staffing is, especially if you're someone who models or does panels or vends. But there are many, many attendees who don't have those requirements who would qualify to staff.

>>9692501
I think the quality of the bags is probably the ONE thing that isn't necessarily related to the staffing issue. But, actually, in a way, it is - because so much staff was lost (not just enforcers or registration people, but organizers as well) that people who normally were in charge of just one or two things (like coordinating the Japanese guests, or in this case, coordinating the swag bag prizes) had to take over more duties that 1. they weren't familiar with running and 2. possibly weren't qualified for. Some of these staffing changes happened months ago, but some of them happened just weeks before the con. So basically people had a lot of work piled onto them and were stretched too thin.

>> No.9692549
File: 91 KB, 750x937, 23417253_129908011049402_7982475952619782144_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9692547

>> No.9692551

>>9692548

I would also like to take this chance to say that a couple of the events that people were sad to see go, particularly the game room and karaoke, were actually panels that nobody signed up for this year. So these things weren't run by Rufflecon itself in previous years, someone would submit it as a recurring panel (as a panelist, I'm not quite sure how that would work) and this year nobody signed up for it. However I will say I think that could have been fixed if Rufflecon made a social media post once panel applications closed and expressed that nobody signed up to run them, so someone could have volunteered to do it. I know that one person in the feedback panel said that she would run karaoke next year, but of course it's a little early to decide that with 100% certainty.

>>9692538
Wunderwelt was a sponsor, but from an outside standpoint it seemed that they were a sponsor in name only, excepting the fliers the deluxe and premium members were given. I do wonder if they funded the event at all, or if that was something that could be made to happen.

With that being said however, getting Japanese guests and sponsors takes literal years to get into place (getting meta took three years, according to the feedback panel) because they only have two translators. That's another thing they really need qualified volunteers for.

>> No.9692552
File: 69 KB, 750x750, 23507092_953233881494003_9166018817405485056_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9692549

>> No.9692555
File: 73 KB, 750x937, 23421308_1882565738724169_4757069939842482176_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9692552

>> No.9692556
File: 81 KB, 750x750, 23507832_135833127009535_9204251065791283200_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9692555

>> No.9692559
File: 85 KB, 750x750, 23417120_133240417440850_7568441706580803584_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9692556

>> No.9692562
File: 129 KB, 750x937, 23417162_157681331633163_3443058776196775936_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9692559

>> No.9692565
File: 110 KB, 750x750, 23507898_1711867992212575_9165080740713463808_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9692562

>> No.9692567

>>9692562
I love the ubiquitous selfie mirror. I made it apart of my routine every morning once I came down from my room to the con to go into those damn bathrooms to get a good outfit pic. The lighting is amazing and the mirror is so big.

>> No.9692568

>>9692530
And yes, what you said about Miss Danger is 100% true - the one Deluxe member who got a MD pin wasn't supposed to, and actually one of the premium members (who the pin was supposed to be for) missed out on it because of that.

It wasn't just a communication issue - one thing that has happened in years past and been fine became a big issue this year. Basically, the sponsors / vendors who donate to the swag bags are comissioned for X amount of items, at Y total value. The problem is that you may end up with 10 items worth a total of, say, $200 (so $20 per item), and then 150 more items valued at a total of $100. The feedback panel agreed at our suggestion that they should proposition X number of items at Y value PER ITEM so this doesn't happen again.

Another problem was the shipping - because of the loss of staff, the person who is normally in charge of double-checking that the sponsors had sent out their items on time didn't get a chance to do so because she had so many other responsibilities thrusted onto her last-minute.

Another thing to mention is that there was talk of possibly compensating the deluxe and premium members something post-con, which was brought up by someone in the feedback panel, but of course no official decisions could be made without consulting the chairwoman and the rest of the team. I personally don't want any compensation, even though I am disappointed. I would rather they keep the money and use that to make next year's con better.

>> No.9692569
File: 75 KB, 750x750, 23498154_279703742538147_2214419158529998848_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9692565

>> No.9692572
File: 84 KB, 750x750, 23421192_154593411940816_794469147604942848_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9692569

>> No.9692574
File: 85 KB, 750x750, 23498222_1996888203898545_2795209371011776512_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9692572

>> No.9692575
File: 107 KB, 750x750, 23498723_1991184447769170_6169276541344677888_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9692574

>> No.9692578
File: 104 KB, 750x936, 23421701_689033341292763_7144979461866258432_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9692575

>> No.9692581
File: 103 KB, 750x750, 23421245_1475242599211375_9148201046793781248_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9692578

>> No.9692583
File: 81 KB, 750x750, 23421982_225705001301954_7620692831299960832_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9692581

>> No.9692584

>>9692568
>I personally don't want any compensation, even though I am disappointed. I would rather they keep the money and use that to make next year's con better.

Agreed. And I'm definitely willing to give deluxe another shot next year as well. This is all a huge example of how funding makes or breaks a con. It's unfortunate what happened with Simplicity and I am definitely trying to brainstorm ideas myself for additional sponsors to maybe suggest in the post-con feedback form they send.

It all sucks because I love this con and don't want to see it fold ;_; there's no events like this for lolitas in the northeast and it's also nice to have an event focused on us specifically (as opposed to sharing the stage at an anime con).

>> No.9692587
File: 75 KB, 750x937, 23421805_142565323167717_1038132185724354560_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9692583

>> No.9692591
File: 107 KB, 750x750, 23498954_1480746112008788_7997206204386377728_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9692587

>> No.9692593
File: 66 KB, 750x750, 23421797_155580311853346_5617630641198727168_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9692591

>> No.9692596
File: 80 KB, 750x750, 23507344_523009058079775_2109744264291287040_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9692593

>> No.9692597
File: 54 KB, 480x600, 23417332_647968905592583_3144129657985564672_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9692596

>> No.9692598

>>9692551
I was wondering that too, because usually they would announce or have a note on the schedule saying who sponsored what event and I didn't recall seeing their name anywhere.

Also seeing the translators and some of the other attendees who spoke japanese made me wish I could too. I think I am going to try to start studying the language because I'd love to be able to speak with guests like that and although I'm not interested in a regular volunteer position I think I'd probably volunteer to be a translator/interpreter if I become adept enough.

>> No.9692600
File: 71 KB, 750x822, 23594507_2058039977758970_4233179582947131392_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9692597

>> No.9692604
File: 73 KB, 750x750, 23594440_802118279992810_2230310417266114560_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9692600

>> No.9692606
File: 61 KB, 750x936, 23507403_175145236399752_6806839409661444096_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9692604

>> No.9692611
File: 54 KB, 750x937, 23507402_1566574156752780_1143687754417176576_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9692606

>> No.9692614

>>9692598
I'm one of the guests who speaks Japanese as well, and I REALLY wish I could volunteer as translator. I was actually asked to by an event organizer at a meet earlier this year, but I was honest with her and said that I don't think I'm good enough. Even though I understood about 80% of what was being said by Natsumi-san and Matsuoka-san at the history of the brand panel, that's not enough. I would need to be able to understand 100% in order to volunteer. I'm going to try to study harder this year and hopefully get better, because I think translating is one of the only things I'd be able to volunteer as...

>> No.9692616

>>9692598
Anyone know what the reqs for being a translator/interpreter are?

>> No.9692618
File: 62 KB, 750x750, 23594702_190407331506219_3329783136933380096_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9692611

>> No.9692619
File: 94 KB, 750x750, 23498153_126273194713792_4663072695078879232_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9692618

>> No.9692621
File: 91 KB, 750x750, 23594773_159616128114691_5554311621980979200_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9692619

>> No.9692624
File: 128 KB, 750x886, 23498580_1366044606839767_8963394655655821312_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9692621

>> No.9692626
File: 89 KB, 750x750, 23421696_347415315722890_8726046675455442944_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9692624

>> No.9692627

>>9692614
Even professional interpreters need to ask questions for clarification from time to time. If you expect 100% from yourself before you try, you're never going to do it. Just my 2 yen.

>> No.9692629

>>9692597
Source? I love this and want to follow on Insta, if that's where this came from.

>> No.9692630
File: 88 KB, 750x750, 23421583_1993912994211669_7382023684799594496_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9692626

>> No.9692631
File: 125 KB, 750x750, 23421855_125258608170379_5735352108484395008_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9692630

>>9692629
@yoshiki_noir on Instagram

>> No.9692634
File: 66 KB, 750x750, 23498161_1659774444073729_6665732730212319232_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9692631

>> No.9692636
File: 58 KB, 480x569, 23498752_301202567033285_3874352816466165760_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9692634

>> No.9692640
File: 70 KB, 750x937, 23417003_138395706815755_8534752384029556736_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9692636

>> No.9692641
File: 86 KB, 750x750, 23498566_1775425906083467_1785053249338867712_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9692640

>> No.9692642
File: 75 KB, 750x824, 23421635_1274726846006918_8912623915969282048_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9692641

>> No.9692644

>>9692631
Aw, this photo is somehow really endearing.

Thanks for the dump, anon!

>> No.9692646
File: 82 KB, 750x750, 23421258_133079260685295_9065543713987493888_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9692642

>> No.9692649
File: 65 KB, 750x936, 23416666_145448286208705_1262441091890675712_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9692644
I feel like it captures the feeling of getting your dream dress so well. I wish there were more like it, but most of the candids I find so far are blurry and generic.

you are welcome!

>> No.9692651
File: 62 KB, 750x750, 23421809_1526817910737322_3050627549936746496_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9692646
forgot to link

>>9692649

>> No.9692653

>>9692627
No, what I mean is more that there were a lot of technical words that I didn't know, that the volunteer translator did. Of course she asked questions as well, but I would have had to ask around 30+ questions, whereas she asked around 5. I definitely need to study more before I'd be comfortable translating (I also have anxiety, and me feeling that inadequate at my "job" would not be good for anyone)

>> No.9692655

I'm curious: how much did you spend on this con, not including your outfits?
I'm looking at $900, and I feel like I spent a lot less than some others over the weekend. My travel expenses were higher than my friends' from new york tho.
My trip to Japan last year only set me back $3k, and I splashed some cash then. Reviewing my finances for the weekend this morning made me question whether I felt it was worth it. I would like to go to Rufflecon at least once more. Hopefully we will be able to learn from the mistakes of this year, adequately prepare some back up plans, and drum up enough support, determination, and interest to pull off a great event. I haven't volunteered in the past but plan to next year.
If it's like this or worse, though, I likely won't go again.

>> No.9692656
File: 97 KB, 750x750, 23417158_1491751624233932_2074844137433071616_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9692651

>> No.9692657
File: 82 KB, 750x937, 23416891_1976728972542626_5615106153911418880_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9692656

>> No.9692660

>>9692653
Just FYI, translators deal with writing; interpretors handle speech.

>> No.9692661
File: 105 KB, 750x750, 23498867_492035661195991_4534557408042680320_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9692657

>> No.9692663

>>9692653
I understand not feeling good enough to translate for a panel but maybe good enough to help with hosting the guests? They were talking at the feedback panel about having to have people to fetch them from the airport and make sure they’re taken care of and helping run their booths and maybe you know enough Japanese to help with those kinds of things.

>> No.9692664
File: 157 KB, 750x937, 23416819_286258105227569_5687850311356514304_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9692661

>> No.9692666
File: 80 KB, 750x750, 23417047_538727416482263_8069186738121080832_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9692664

>> No.9692668
File: 78 KB, 750x750, 23416378_179037799343910_3315616264616935424_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9692666

>> No.9692672
File: 138 KB, 750x750, 23416569_2012283082361217_3560256266062266368_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9692668
end of dump. I can't wait for the official pics.

>> No.9692673

>>9692655
I'm too afraid to calculate the collective total as I know I spent about $1000-1200 over the weekend just in the marketplace and consignment room alone.

>> No.9692674

>>9690684
Bro how did she walk through doors

>> No.9692675

>>9692614
Were you the girl in the IW bolero on Saturday?

>> No.9692680

>>9692673
Do you think it's worth it? For me the consignment is cool, but I curate my purchases quite a bit. I've spent a lot of time in brand and second-hand shops, too, so it's not that novel of an experience.
Maybe I'm just falling out of love with these sort of events, or jaded by going to some really good ones, but I feel like I have more fun traveling to places than spending that money on cons and whatnot.
I do enjoy the industry aspect, but that's why I'd like to find work there, either as a small business or an employee. I still don't feel like these events have helped me in that respect, though, which is part of why I want to volunteer.

>> No.9692686

>>9692675
Nayrt, but which girl in the IW bolero are you referring to? If you're thinking of a girl wearing a green floral jsk and red IW bolero on Saturday, that was me. I ended up helping out a little at Triple Fortune and the other kanzashi booth next to it. I was also thinking I'd like to be a translator next year, but I'm in the same boat as the other anon where I feel my Japanese isn't good enough. I'm fine with conversational interpretation, but some of the technical terms Natsumi used I didn't understand in her explanation so I'll need to study more.
What is it like to volunteer/translate at rufflecon, for those in this thread who did? I'd like to do it but I'd want more info first.

>> No.9692691

>>9692660
I'm aware of that, but the staff all call the interpreters "translators", and that's what the official staff title is.

>>9692663
I have a physical disability so I definitely couldn't help with escorting. I have a hard enough time getting myself to and from the con, lol. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

>>9692675
No, I was not.

>>9692655
As a rough estimate, I think I spent around $1,150, which is WAY more than I thought, oh my god

Also, 2016 and 2017 Deluxe swag pictures incoming.

>> No.9692693

>>9692538
>they were a sponsor at some level
Rufflecon tweeted that they were a sponser, but it doesn't seem like they were a large one.

>> No.9692694

>>9692680
For me, yes. A lot of my friends go and while CT is only the next state over from me, I always personally have a lot of fun hangout with my friends and comm members in this type of setting as well as meeting new people - the small convention setting makes it really easy for me to just strike up conversations with people.

It's also worth it for me personally to be able to see certain items in person or be able to buy things in person that may be harder to find online. In the consignment room I found 2 meta sailor pieces that don't always come up for sale online for really great prices. For pieces I didn't buy, it was still nice to see them in person, feel the fabric, etc. or even try certain things on. In the marketplace, I also purchased brand items that are either currently sold out online or hard to get a hold of, and purchased items from sellers who don't always update online or don't sell online at all (last year I finally got my hands on a Moss Marchen necklace - she doesn't sell online and they're hard to find secondhand). I've never been to Japan nor have I had a chance to visit the brand shops that are in the USA, so I suppose for myself, the experience is still kinda fun. Like, Sunday morning I remember I rushed down to the marketplace for the Meta fashion show pieces. I bought a dress/headbow set for $160 that would've been $300 had I bought them new from the website.

I suppose it just depends on what you personally are trying to get out of it. For me, I think it was definitely worth the money, minus the deluxe member blunders. I would absolutely love to travel to Japan or to one of the nice European events but for where I'm at right now the con is something I enjoy a lot.

>> No.9692697
File: 2.45 MB, 1200x1200, Rufflecon 2016 Swag.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Here's the deluxe swag from 2016. Starting at the top left corner and going from left to right, we have:

Belladonna wristcuffs, Mossbadger brooch, wooden brooch, Phoenix alchemy lab perfume sample, RC tote bag, Tea & Absinthe tea samples (we actually got three more of these at the tea party, so 6 total), Pastel Parade 2-way clip, 3 rolls of Simplicity lace, Vierge Vampur compact mirror, Putumayo x Show By Rock keychain, Morun x Muuna Stoik tote bag (which I initially misremembered as Vierge Vampur, sorry!), fluffy bat thing which nodody knew the source or use of, Putumayo sticker, Triple Fortune handkerchief and pin, Tea & Absinthe Mug (it wasn't this exact design, but same size), Vierge Vampur postcard, Morun x Muuna Stoik postcard, and Pastel Parade Postcard.

2017 picture incoming.

>> No.9692701

>>9692686
Yeah, that's who I'm referring to, haha. I was just wondering because I stopped by the kinzashi booth to buy a second hair clip after the owner/designer's panel and she was trying to tell me to pick out a gift but I didn't understand and I remember she had grabbed you to help interpret. I just wanted to give you a shoutout and say thank you for helping out hahaha I had kinda guessed she was trying to tell me to take something for free with my purchase, but I didn't want to just assume. I was getting ready to pull out my phone and bring up google translate when you had appeared!

To the both of you, I definitely think it may be worth trying to contact them and ask about what the job entails. Like another anon said, there may be other roles as an interpreter that you could still partake in somehow.

>> No.9692702

This might be a stupid question but do people really go all out to travel to this convention? I've never seen so many people into jfashion on the east coast like this. I live in CT so honestly I'd be interested in volunteering if it's here again next year but I've never worked at a convention before.

>> No.9692706

>>9692702
I've seen girls from Texas, Chicago, and Cali all travel out to come to this con so yeah, definitely.

>> No.9692707
File: 1017 KB, 900x675, Rufflecon 2017 things2.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9692697
2017 Deluxe "swag"

(Note: I'm not completely unpacked yet, so I may have missed something. If I did, please feel free to chime in.)

Rufflecon 2017 tote bag, Printed ribbon, Princess Henna business card, Rufflecon sticker (which we got last year too, I believe) Wunderwelt flier, Miss Danger postcard, Arda Wigs business card, I Do Declare postcard, Voodoo Dolly(?) Sticker sheet, Arda Wigs postcard / coupon, Atelier Sucré postcard, American Duchess postcard (which actually has a coupon on the back that I didn't originally see), postcard for a brand I'm unsure of, poorly-photoshopped-in Mossbadger pendant (they all had different designs), and Meta brooch & postcard.

The difference in value is really stark. This year it was mostly all advertisements and coupons, which is kind of depressing.

>> No.9692708

>>9692702
I met a girl from Toronto, Canada, and know some from Georgia and Florida, so yes. Almost all of my MA comm go, too.

>> No.9692709

Does anyone know what they're planning to do with those gorgeous banners? I'd definitely buy one. Maybe they could auction them off for some extra cash next year.

>> No.9692710

>>9692707
I believe it's actually a cloudberry lady sticker sheet

>> No.9692712

>>9692709
The staff are keeping them. Auctioning them would have been a better idea imo but I think it's too late. Also they really shouldn't be giving away all the decorations for free, since they're in a financial situation, too.

>>9692710
I think you're right! Thanks for the correction.

>> No.9692716

>>9692707
That's lame. Makes sense why the $400 tickets were still available to buy.

>> No.9692719

>>9692701
Aww thanks for thanking me, that's really sweet. This was my first rufflecon and I had a wonderful time. Hopefully by next year I'll be better at Japanese and will be able to formally volunteer.
One thing I thought that was kinda odd was that the Japanese designers' booths didn't have interpreters with them to help out. I was talking with Kaie and Babi on Saturday and they were saying that they had interpreters Friday, but not Saturday, and that it was really difficult and tiring to run the booth with their limited English. Did rufflecon just not have enough interpreters to help with that?

>> No.9692720

>>9692702
Yeah, I came from a rural farm town in Illinois and another friend flew in from California.

>> No.9692721

>>9692716
nayrt but the $400 premium tickets weren't still available because the bags were shitty. Last year's deluxe and premium were amazing. This year, premium (the $400 membership) sold out the fastest (as they do every year) and to my understanding (this is not confirmed by any means), the number sold is usually 5. It was 5 again this year, but it seems like they randomly released 5 more premium tickets in an effort to make more money for the financial loss of losing Simplicity. (And thus some were still available because not everyone knew there were more)

>> No.9692722

>>9692719
Probably bad planning on their part. The translator translating Natsumi was so so. They could've make it scripted, so they'd have the time to be able to translate it better.
Same thing with the Triple Fortune fashion show.

>> No.9692723

>>9692721
That would go along with why they had more tea party tickets in general this year. They definitely need another sponsor.

>> No.9692726

>>9692722
Yeah, when I was listening to what Natsumi was saying, the translator occasionally left out some of the things she said. It wasn't anything huge or important, but she tended to forget small details.

>> No.9692730

>>9692719
You're welcome! I hope that's something you are able to do too!

I found that weird too; I think I heard from someone (either here or somewhere else) that there was an interpreter who quit. Not sure if that meant there was originally 3 and they were down to 2? Or if one of the two people they had for the weekend was picked up and that's it because they couldn't find any. I know when I first got to the kinzashi booth, the lady actually used Google translate on her phone to thank me for buying something the previous day, and I was thinking about why they didn't have interpreters that just stuck with the guests the whole weekend. I believe there were only two interpreters, and they may have been stretched thin trying to translate stuff at the booths, panels, and fashion shows. I felt bad for the Japanese guests and even the interpreters.

>> No.9692731

>>9692716
You literally don't know what's in the bags until you get to the con, though, so that definitely isn't a factor. As >>9692721 said, they randomly released 5 more tickets after the original 5 and all deluxe sold out.

>>9692719
Rufflecon only had 2 volunteer interpreters for the whole con, so yeah, they just didn't have enough people to help.

>> No.9692732

>>9692722
Especially if it's a talk, not an open QA, there should be discussion of what's generally going to be said, if not a loose script. Simultaneous, spontaneous interpretation is very challenging.

>> No.9692734

>>9692726
Which one - the red haired girl, or the one in wa-lolita all weekend?

>> No.9692737

>>9692734
The wa-lolita one was the one translating Natsumi during the fashion show, right?

>> No.9692740

>>9692732
It was part talk, part Q&A, but even during the "lecture" portion, the translator was live-interpreting and was missing certain details of what Natsumi-san and Matsuoka-san were saying.

>> No.9692751

On a different note, because I feel like bitching about it here: I was at the Meta Q&A panel and things were going well, then an ita walked in. She came in when there was like 15 minutes left to go. She had on this awful frizzy pink cosplay wig, was wearing some stretched out taobao or bodyline JSK that didn't quite fit her in a flattering way at all, with stretched out socks and flats and some fugly stuffed animal purse. She got to ask the last question and fucking asked "Does Metamorphose have plans to make more affordable items for people such as high school students?"

I wanted to slap her DESU. The whole room had this collective silent groan + I heard some whispers around the room as soon as she asked that. Natsumi and Matsuoka gave her a pretty good, reasonable answer though, saying that it can be hard because the cheaper you try to make an item, the more details you have to remove, and the less cute it gets, and it loses what makes the item Metamorphose.

So basically, if you don't want to look fuckin fugly, don't be a cheap ass ita bitch.

>> No.9692752

>>9687844
So that's why all my coats in consignment sold so fast.

>> No.9692763

>>9692751
hey, I was in that panel too, and I don't think anybody asked that? I was there the whole time and didn't hear a question even remotely close to that, or maybe I'm blanking it out? Unless you're just exaggerating to built salt l o l

>> No.9692766

>>9692763
Maybe it was at the history of meta panel? There was at Q&A at that one too so I might've gotten them confused but it was the very last question that was asked.

>> No.9692771

>>9692763
>>9692751
It was the history one

>> No.9692774

>>9692499
They cover your hotel stay

>> No.9692783

>>9692771
I was in the history panel, and that's why I'm saying nobody said that in that panel. The other anon is saying it was the history panel but it definitely wasn't...

>> No.9692803

>>9692783
No? I said it was during the Q&A panel in my initial post, then after you said you don't remember that, I responded saying there was also a history panel with a Q&A component during the later half, and said I may have confused when it happened because the both of them had Q&A sessions, but the first panel was strictly Q&A only, which is when I said I thought it happened.

>> No.9692807

>>9692751
I was there for that too. I thought that was so fucking rude. Itas gonna ita I guess.
I thought most of the other Q&A questions were really good and interesting. Even though I don't play the mobile game that was asked about, I found it interesting to know that other companies seek out to collab with lolita brands.

>> No.9692810

>>9692803
I misread your first post and thought you meant the history panel. I'm saying that it wasn't because the other anon, >>9692771 insisted that it was. I mistagged it but that's what I meant. sorry for the confusion.

>>9692807
I wasn't in that panel, may I ask what mobile game it was that was mentioned? Love Nikki, maybe?

>> No.9692811

>>9692774
and your ticket, I thought?

>> No.9692815

>>9692803
It was definitely the Q&A panel earlier in the day. I was there too anon.

>> No.9692822

>>9692810
The one they keep posting about on Twitter. They designed the dresses.

>> No.9692833

>>9692810
Bandori is the name of the game. It's an idol game like LoveLive. Meta was asked to design a dress for one of the characters.

>> No.9692838

>>9692811
yeah I'm a little confused too
if its the hotel and ticket, volunteering is seeming more worth it. I mostly want to bye stuff there

>> No.9692839

>>9692838
It’s hotel and ticket

>> No.9692840

>>9692838
If you volunteer for a staff position you get free hotel room (Thursday - Monday), ticket, and break and lunch tickets for the weekend.

>> No.9692842

>>9692751
Something similar happened when Baby came to Animenext several years ago! Some ita asked what they think of replicas. How do you THINK two designers and the owner of a brand feel when someone knocks off their work?

>>9692691
Oh I see. Maybe just sticking with them at their booths then since >>9692719 was saying they needed the help.

>> No.9692843

>>9692707
>that Mossbadger pendant

Did she do them 2 weeks before the convention or something? What a difference from the previous year's pendant from her.

>> No.9692845

>>9692843
I was told (jokingly I assume) by one of her friends that she gives away things that don't sell.

>> No.9692855

>>9692845
I've never seen those uploaded online (the ... handful of times she actually uploaded merchandise online in the past 3 years) so it was probably a joke. But definitely not the quality you'd expect!

>> No.9692868

>>9692686
There's been something like three or four people total over four years who worked as Japanese translators for ruffle con. Unlikely any of them would out themselves on cgl

>> No.9692871

>>9692843
I heard she was finishing them literally Thursday night and that's why they weren't in the bags.

>> No.9692894

>>9692871
I don't think that's the case, because they're resin. If they weren't done on Thursday night, there's no way they would have been done on Friday morning.

>>9692855
>so it was probably a joke
I really don't think it was, though, haha. I think it was the truth. Regardless, I'd prefer having even the things that don't sell from brands than having a million postcards.

>> No.9692905

>>9692843
The reason they were shit this year is because the owner of Mossbadger went on a London trip and has been doing multiple collaborations with other businesses, plus had to do something for a Blythe convention... so I guess she just didn't consider Rufflecon a priority. Shame because if this were my first exposure to her work I'd had no interest in looking up the shop for more. Then again she rarely has anything for sale on the shop so I guess that wouldn't matter much.

>> No.9692988

>>9692697
>Trichronika keychain
Oh man someone in the itabag general would kill for that.

>> No.9692991

>>9692707
>>9692697
Yeah I can see why people would be upset. Last years had more emphasis on stuff and this year looks like it was just advertisements for the stuff.

>> No.9692995

>>9692720
>rural farm town in Illinois
My sister from another state.

>> No.9692999

>>9692840
This is a pretty good deal. I've never been to RuffleCon due to the timing (right at the end of semester, can't take time off with exams around the corner) but since I'm graduating next semester I might contact them about volunteering since I worked as staff at a large anime convention for a few years before hiatus (also due to college).

I own some lolita but I don't wear it often because of living in Bumfuck, Nowhere but if they need the help and are nice enough to offer ticket/room in exchange for hours I'd be glad to help.

>> No.9693133

>>9692905
Possibly, but if what others have been saying is true, if she was only comissioned for a certain value, she may not have been given enough money to make enough high quality items for the amount she had to produce, although I agree that time and not prioritizing the con could've certainly played a role as well.
I mean even the charm we got from meta at the tea party - I bet if RC had more money, Meta would've totally given us all like bow clips for our hair or something.

>> No.9693137

>>9692624
Every picture I see of her makes me want those old school stripper shoes. Love her style!

>> No.9693146

>>9692894
Uv resin, cures quickly and is super clear.

>> No.9693150

>>9692988
Non deluxe members got a lot of these items too. I also have it and some of these things were given out at the tea party.

>> No.9693179

>>9690660
The maracas were so random! I heard they were used for some panel and they had extras so they gave them out at the dance for some reason.

>> No.9693183

>>9690688
I love this coord so much.

>> No.9693189

>>9691007
There were 3F bonnets in consignment priced more than new ones in marketplace! There were also a few absurdly priced pieces. That being said, there were also some good deals. I think most of the best deals were snapped up by members with early access to consignment.

>> No.9693191

>>9693189
Yup, consignment was largely overpriced. Too many taobao used brands being sold close to $200

>> No.9693236

>>9692988
Seriously? Because I've been trying to sell mine for fucking months now and nobody wants it lol

>> No.9693251

>>9693179
They were used at the Mystery Science Theater panel haha

>> No.9693358

New thread >>9693243

>> No.9694717

>>9692626
this is stunning
first farutetto coord I've seen that I really-really love