[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 596 KB, 983x700, 1489621567822.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9710335 No.9710335 [Reply] [Original]

Old one is saging >>9671649
Discussion time, tomorrow is ILD. Nows your chance to plan a last minute coordinate and spend time with girls you may or may not actually enjoy the company of.

>> No.9710338
File: 7 KB, 624x91, soo anon.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Back in august an anon was asking if there were other lolitas in Sault ON
Whoever it was never ended up replying back... if you're still here ill give you my email
>lonelita desperately looking for a friend

>> No.9710350

>>9709100
>including one that had formerly been part of the group but only stuck around to post other members to CGL
Could you give me a hint who this was, or just an initial or something? Because I can think of multiple people this would apply to.

>> No.9710353

it's our first ild meet ever (our comm is very sparse) there's only going to be about 4-6 girls but i'm pretty excited, we're going to go to the museum and have tea afterwards!

>> No.9710576

>>9710335
>spend time with girls you may or may not actually enjoy the company of
Why do we do this? I tried it for awhile but my god. I want to leave but I like going to parties?

>> No.9710582

>>9710350
I didn't get a chance to post this in the other thread.

I don't want to know who it is but rather, express my skepticism. I don't know if I'm in the comm they're talking about but one of the mods of my comm said she found someone who was posting us here. We were talking once and she just mentioned it in passing because I was actually telling her I go to 4chan for more than just cgl so I didn't ask her how she supposedly found out who it was in our comm. I kinda feel like it wouldn't be my business but I also feel like it didn't actually happen.

Like are people really just taking anonymous claims and throwing blame at someone who might be innocent. Where are they getting proof? Also people from my comm still get posted here, so a lot of good removing that person did.

>> No.9710619

>>9710582
I'm skeptical too, because off the top of my head I can think of almost 20 people in the comm who talk about cgl as if they're regulars and a few of them are notoriously salty, too. If someone from the comm gets posted here, how do you know it was that one girl who had drama like five years ago and not one of the many other people who post here? Of course they'd lie and play innocent if you asked them.
I'm not against removing people who no longer wear lolita and have no more interactions with the community, but don't pat yourself on the back and act like everything is fixed now. Not all drama is caused by one person, and if they want to cut out all the "snakes" who talk shit here on cgl then they're going to have to ban a good chunk of the active members, too.

>> No.9710701

>>9710619
I think meets will be really small if they would ban everyone who is on CGL. But it would also be a bit hypocrite if they do so, so I don’t think it will happen.
Also curious who the anon in the last thread meant. I can’t remember any drama that had to do with someone shitposting on CGL.

>> No.9710715

Does anybody else just have no idea how to make lolita friends? I have gone to a couple meets with the local comm, but it's like they are already very close and I am very shy/quiet so I always just end up being that very awkward lonely person on the side while everybody else is already having their own conversations.

>> No.9710724

>>9710715
Just try to talk to at least one of the girls. I understand being shy but try stepping out of your comfort zone while you're at a meet, because chances are slim that someone approaches you when you're distant and reserved.
Compliment one of the girls on her dress or accessory or her choice in makeup, ask her where she got it/was it rare/where did she get her idea for her coord, ask how long she's been into the fashion or how she discovered it; there are plenty of things to talk about with new lolitas. And don't worry too much, just go for it, remember meetups are meant to be fun.
You can reconsider your options if the girls are too close-knit and don't socialize with you at all, but don't worry about rejection before you even tried approaching them.

>> No.9710744

>>9710715
Hey, at least you made the step to go to meets. I'm forever a lone lolita because I'm too afraid of going to meets. Hope you are able to mingle with them and make friends eventually.

>> No.9710766

>>9710715
In my experience people are always happy to talk to someone new at a meetup (as long as you're not obnoxious or ita). But they won't approach you first, you have to make the first step yourself.

No one goes to a meet to coddle the new shy person through social interaction.

>> No.9710802

Is anyone else weirded out by their comm members? I have the same problem as >>9710715 except for me my comm members are just... off? For example I was wearing my dream dress to a meet, and a girl came up to me and complimented me on it. I told her it's my dream dress and she said 'Oh, it's cute but if it were mine I would hate the print.' Like thanks but I did not ask?? Also one girl I met for the first time started telling me about how a friend of her died in a plane crash and she has a hard time coping with it. I know that's terrible but this is litterally the first conversation I'm having with you? I can't remember any more examples right now but I've had more instances of girls dissing my coord or telling me super personal stuff out of nowhere. Of course not everyone is THIS weird but I've had at least one conversation with almost every one of them that was at least a little bit off in some way. Anyone else experienced something like this?

>> No.9710812

>>9710802
There is one girl in my comm who says spergy, oversharing shit like that. She also doesn't seem to understand the concept of an inside voice or that when you're having a conversation with someone you're supposed to give them time to reply.

I put it down to autism.

>> No.9710822

>>9710802
Lolita does attract a lot of socially awkward people. Many of the girls in my comm have a broken filter and will say rude shit right to your face or go super TMI right after meeting you. I've had a girl I hardly knew come up to me, compliment my coord, then say that she is disappointed in the print quality of my dress, that she would never have paid full price for it and that I got the ugliest colourway. Okay, thanks? Another girl has a lot of issues with her father and will tell absolutely anyone all about it in graphic detail after literally meeting them 30 minutes ago. Inside voices are a big problem, too. There are three girls who have loud voices to begin with and get even louder once they really get into a conversation. This is okay if you're only dealing with one of them and you're outside but if you're in a closed space or have more than one talking over each other you'll wish you brought earplugs.

I've actually been diagnosed with Aspergers and lolita meetups with my comm make me feel like a completely normal person by comparison.

>> No.9710859

>>9710701
You probably didn't hear about it because it was in a comm you're not part of. Not everything makes it to cgl and rc.

>> No.9710910

>>9710802

I experienced someone oversharing their child rape story on their first meeting with me. It was at work. She later got fired for being a pathological liar and undermining people for like 1.5 years. So be careful?

>> No.9710936

>>9710576
humans are a social animal, dont question it just try to fit in with the popular lolitas

>> No.9710944

>>9710936
Gross.

>> No.9711193
File: 152 KB, 401x499, 37d6353c44.jpg.500x500.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

This is my first ILD in a long time where I've been part of a comm and had lolita friends I'm actually excited to see! But even though some of us are having a tea party in a couple of days, we're not doing anything specifically for ILD. I'm a bit sad about that to be honest... I used to love celebrating every ILD with my old comm back home. I'm considering going out in frills on my own today, but it's not as fun.

>> No.9711197

>>9711193
It's better than nothing at all, honestly. Go out in a fantastic coord that you love and have some fun on your own, treat yourself to something nice to eat, listen to music you enjoy, and text your friends to wish them a happy ILD. You can make the most of the day even if you're on your own.
Have a good one, anon!

>> No.9711326

>>9710859
I’m in the ghost members comm.

>> No.9711338

>>9711326
I don't think they are going to ban people because they are checking cgl or active here. I think most of the active comm members know about cgl and check it once in a while or even more often.

Unrelated to this, but I'm sad to see one of our active mods go.

>> No.9711353

>>9711338
I'm sad about this too. Now literally only one of our mods actually wears the fashion and participates actively in the community. Why don't the literal whos that were active only years and years ago just step down as well? I'm sure some active members would be interested in a mod position, me included. Although I'm not relevant in the comm enough to feel qualified, I'm already more qualified than girls whom half the community has never even met.

>> No.9711355

>>9711338
I am sad about it too. Suspicious that only one of the mods thanked her on the post and that she left just after the ghost members discussion in which she was in favor of cleaning the group..

>> No.9711390

>>9711338
I am sad as well, but I am happy she will still continue with Lolita. I am curious who will take her position. I hope someone who is active and goes to meets as well.

>> No.9711393

>>9711338
I'm sad too, but I can also understand it. We have a bunch of mods but few ever actually do anything so it must have been a bigger responsibility than it looks from the outside. I feel bad for the girl who's left, since now it's all on her. Hopefully they will find one or two new active members to take over.

>>9711353
I don't think you need to be 'relevant' to be a mod, just be actively involved with the comm/lolita and be able to maturely deal with conflict situations. I don't care if the mods have a big IG following or whatever.

>>9711390
I think mods going to meets is more important than people realize. Often if there's tension or something happened that a mod has to deal with it's easier to talk to them in person than only via FB, and if there's a problem member attending meets then it's important that mods have also met this person and not just heard about them secondhand. Someone who only ever interacts with the community on FB might be able to accept/reject member applications or delete offtopic posts but when it comes to the rest of the community, they need to actually be there.

>> No.9711455
File: 457 KB, 180x166, 1501088854839.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Oh the ILD thread is saging. Please keep me updated on the LA event gulls! Im sitting up here in Canada popcorn ready

>> No.9711462

>>9711326
False claim. My comm has the same exact issue- you are assuming you're in that comm.

>> No.9711465

>>9711455
There's no drama

>> No.9711467

>>9711465
People here really do get excited over nothing

>> No.9711495

>>9711462
Okay, but did your comm have a post and poll about ghost members at the exact time anons were talking about it? Did your comm also have a very inactive mod pop their head into said thread to admonish the OP? Did one of two active mods in your comm also step down yesterday evening?
Just saiyan’, there are enough details for anon to know for sure if she’s in the comm in question or not.

>> No.9711499

>>9711495
Those details were posted after and I'm the OP and don't think you guys are in my comm lol

>> No.9711521

>>9711499
OP of what?

>> No.9711606

>>9710802
You seem to be the problem. You take everything personally. lolita is a safe space for people so we get a lot of overshare'rs. Then you have fashion in general which you get a lot of blunt people. Lolita meets are to talk about fashion. She liked the outfit but SHE wouldve gotten a different color. You arent looking for a meet you are looking for a con.

>> No.9711610

>>9711606
>lolita is a safe space
lolwut

>> No.9711627

>>9710822
>Inside voices are a big problem, too. There are three girls who have loud voices to begin with and get even louder once they really get into a conversation. This is okay if you're only dealing with one of them and you're outside but if you're in a closed space or have more than one talking over each other you'll wish you brought earplugs.
As someone who frequently speaks loudly without even realising, I wish people would just tell me. I'm never offended and it's really useful to have the reminder because a lot of the time I honestly can't tell. (I sometimes tell people but it's not like I can introduce myself to everyone I see at a meet with "PSA: I know I sometimes end up unintentionally speaking louder during conversation - it's embarrassing for me and if I'm doing it just tell me, I won't be offended.")

>> No.9711629

>>9711606
What are you talking about? Telling someone to their fact that they'd hate owning the print that they're wearing is such a strange, uncalled for comment to make. Do you not know how normal social interactions work?

>> No.9711646

>>9711627
Maybe not introduce yourself like that but I do think it might be helpful to mention this to a few people. Most people I've encountered who talk very loudly do get offended when someone brings it up, so I tend not to unless I'm already very close to the person. I don't want to risk asking someone to pipe it down when I don't know if they'll take it personally and get upset or not.

>> No.9711671

>>9711627
A friend and I were nearly assaulted when he asked this group of 4 middle aged people to please tone it down while on the designated 'quiet carriage' of the train.

It's an extreme example, but you can't expect people to predict how you're going to react.

>> No.9711749

>>9711465
Diff anon but I'm still generally curious how the event will be. Food, socializing, raffle, etc

>> No.9711915

>>9711521
Chain of replies

>> No.9711957

>>9710812
The volume thing makes me think it's adhd, or a form of it, people always forget it's kind of a spectrum too. One of the most active members in our comm does that too..

>> No.9712048

>>9710724
Not OP
I'm at the stage of reconsidering because they are so tightly knit that it's still difficult to get close. Not sure what to do now.

>> No.9712049

>>9712048
Sorry your comm is unwelcoming, sounds like a counterproductive thing for a comm to be. Does your comm have a facebook page? Have you tried interacting with them there?

>> No.9712051

>>9712049
Yes! I've been interacting with them for a few years now and a lot of people I used to hang out with either moved, stoppers wearing Lolita, or have other interests and rarely come anymore to meets. Everyone left is in their own groups. I know then, I just don't fit in.

>> No.9712054

>>9712051
Know them. Autocorrect.

>> No.9712061

>>9712051
Imo your best bet might be to reconnect with your old friends that moved, assuming you're still on good terms, or settle for being a lonelita for a while until you make other friends outside of the comm.

>> No.9712098

>join local comm a little while back
>heading into summer here in the southern hemisphere
>lolita is barely wearable in this weather
>essentially no meets planned until jan

I'm getting retardedly worried about being kicked out for being a ghost member, even though i know its just bad timing and I haven't been there for long.
Hopefully a nice casual meet pops up, i'd really like to attend one soon.

>> No.9712100

>>9710335
Anyone here from the Ohio com? What's the deal with the dude who got posted on secrets?

>> No.9712133

>>9711455
Literally nothing except a good event happened.

>> No.9712274

>>9711455
No drama because S is banned. The event was excellent though. Venue and food were awesome. View was great if you ignored the angry traffic in the background. They had assigned groups in regards to who could come in the shop and buy one item..but that rule flew out the door fast.

If you’re looking for drama, S will be at the OC comm’s event today. L isn’t there so there’s a huge chance that nothing will happen.

>> No.9712284

>>9712098
Why not make a meet up.

>> No.9712564

>>9710619

The shitposter that had been a member of said community made a really revealing statement: "I was visiting X community and we went to Y restaurant." Because that particular meetup was a smallish group and there was pretty much only ONE individual that had been visiting that day, one of the mods figured out exactly who that person was because they remembered who was in attendance. Also, the shitposter already had a reputation of making backbiting comments against multiple comms that she is/was part of.

>> No.9712599

>>9712564
So it was someone from another comm that had visited ours, not a local?

>> No.9712774

>>9712599

Yes, that person was part of the comm when they lived here, but moved away. But since they now live one state away, they easily came back for a visit & attended one of the meetups, which is the one that they were complaining about.

>> No.9712853

>>9710582
>>9710619
If you guys are in the same comm as me, then I’m surprised the mods are only stepping up just now, and not a couple years ago when IT was stirring drama.

>> No.9712864

What do you when there is someone in the comm you really dislike for non petty reasons but dont want to be a drama queen and start shit talking them?

Ofc there is always ignoring them but when they do another thing in a series of annoying things and you are just way too salty?

>> No.9712870

>>9712853

Some mods have a 3-strike policy or they already suspect someone of being two-faced but need a little more time & proof before that person slips up.

>> No.9712871

>>9712864

It depends on what that person has done to you. You either be the drama queen, start shit-talking and hope that you'll be able to defend yourself if they confront you or stay salty.

>> No.9712879

>>9712100
He posted to a fb group called EGL chat box, and someone there posted him to the Ita thread here on cgl. He was asking for concrit, and still got posted not only for being ita but because he's simply a guy. It's ridiculous. He's one of the nicest people in the comm and always open to concrit. I wouldn't be surprised if M posted him, since she's known for posting others here.

>> No.9712885

>>9712879
Which M? J got banned for posting the guys in that group to the ita thread

>> No.9712930

>>9712100
Also said dude does not even live in the state. He lives in another but comes to conventions and will attend lolita events there where members of the comm are present. It's allowed, so long as you are participating in events in the state, even if you don't or can't attend regular meetups.

He's a very nice person. But issues of dating woes and what not should probably not be discussed. Mostly because of the age difference and it's just weird. But then again, cons are known for awkward people. It's not like you're going to encounter him at a usual meet. But you might see him at Ohayocon, Matsuricon and Colossalcon.

That said, it goes back to guys not being well accepted in the community at large if they are non-passing. They get lumped in with sissies and fetishists, which is something we don't want in the fashion. But in this guy's case, he does love the fashion and wants to improve. Also the case for the other notorious brolita that everyone seems to have issues with.

>> No.9712954

>>9712885
Did the mods actually catch whoever posted members in the ita thread?

>> No.9712958

>>9712885
The M from Columbus.
She's known for being a cunt to newbie lolitas as well. Not afraid to walk up to someone and tell them they should try harder. Not in a nice tone but nasty. Happened to someone I know on the elevator, got slammed for wearing Bodyline. She was also cold to newer lolitas that had questions for her, at the Crush one year.

>> No.9712959

>>9712954
J was never a part of the Ohio comm, to my knowledge. She did however attend the Halloween Tea, with some of the PGH comm.

>> No.9712987

How was that Texas statewide meet? I couldn't find a lot of photos

>> No.9712988

What are the Colorado comms like? I may have an opportunity to move to Denver in the spring and I've never been part of a lolita community before.

>> No.9713000

Gimme the deets on that OC meet

>> No.9713039

>>9712564
Couldn't someone not very easily fake that?

>> No.9713086

>>9713039
Yes, I know someone who did that and almost got a girl banned, forced her to apologize and got off with a warning I think. She had the nerve to say the apology was half-assed too.

>> No.9713095

>>9713039
Yeah, and you wouldn't even have to have attended the meet, just be in the comm and have seen the event page and who was there. In my comm it's really common for people to put themselves on "going" or "maybe" even if they don't plan on coming, just so they get all the notifications and can see the photos after. It would be super easy for any of them to anonymously post something like
>oh yeah I was at [meet] and I was the only person wearing AP and all the ugly fatties were so jelly of my burando they bought 50 dicks off eBay and sucked them all
and implicate that one girl wearing AP as a raging bitch. The only thing a post like that proves is that the poster had access to the event page, nothing more.

>> No.9713165

>>9713000
Nothing happened

>> No.9713188

>>9712958
You sure it's an M from Columbus? Are they even still in the group?
I know of two M's from there and neither would be the type of person to do that.

>> No.9713191

>>9713039
>>9713086
>>9713095

The points that you have are all very valid & I agree. However, I attended that same meetup and another incriminating thing that the shitposter touched upon was that the mod asked that everyone leave a review for that establishment because it was a one woman-run business & she had been very accommodating to our party. Had someone marked that they were attending but did NOT actually intend, there isn't any way for that person to actually know that particular detail--they'd only know if they had been there in person.

>> No.9713210

>>9713191
So then you know that it was someone at the meet or someone who heard about this from someone at the meet, but you still can’t be sure that it was this one specific person.

>> No.9713214

>>9713191
It was definitely someone from the meet. I think I know who it probably was. She had her nose stuck up the whole time and thought she was hot shit.

>> No.9713222

>>9713210
>>9713214

That person complained that the mod "demanded" that everyone leave a Yelp review for that restaurant but didn't feel that she should since she waited too long for the food & called the place an "overglorified crepe stand." In reality, it was only a suggestion because the woman that was running that establishment was doing everything by herself--she took the orders AND cooked for 10+ people AND was incredibly patient & kind to our party. Personally, making that kind of a statement only shows how rotten & spoiled an individual is.

So of course, when it comes to anon posting online we can't always be 100% sure but in this case, I'm 95% sure of that person's identity.

>> No.9713237

>>9713210
I once told someone about something that happened at a meet up I went to and that person ended up posting about it on /cgl/. I wasn't even complaining about the instance but she thought it was bad enough to bitch about. Really broke my trust with her. The meet up only had a few attendants so those that went would have thought it was me if they had read it.

>> No.9713242

Another mod from "ghost members" comm left because she didn't want to be actively involved in the comm??
Weird, but I never saw her anyway.

>> No.9713243

>>9713188
This is not the work of M. M can be direct to people who are in her way. She's not super active and spends more time with other lolitas outside of Ohio.

>> No.9713246

How's the San Diego Comm? Moving down there next week and I think it's a good opportunity to stop being a lonelita.

>> No.9713250

>>9712988
Colorado Lolita here! Our comm is chilled the fuck out with little to no drama. Girls are actually very well dressed across the board and meets tend to be down to earth and fun. People are quick to make friends too!we don’t do a ton of meets here, but we encourage planning and get to know you meets! Meets are pretty chill and girls are sweet and caring overall.

>> No.9713260

>>9713246
SD comm is fantastic! Monthly swap meets and a good number of bigger meets too. Everybody is super nice. Members are a little younger than other comms. They're very welcoming.

>> No.9713261

I wish the UK had bigger meets, maybe county or region wide. I know we were very lucky and had the TPC but even whilst that was happening the UK lolita scene felt very disconnected. The UK as a whole isn't that big and sometimes being in the smaller sized communities in the country feels very isolating. Sure we can travel to bigger comms but then you feel a little bit like an outsider even if you attend regularly you do feel a little bit like an intruder.

>> No.9713262

>>9711627
Most loud people are ghetto

>> No.9713282

>>9713261
Are you based in the south of the UK? I know in the North people regularly travel between comms for meets, there's no sense of 'intrusion'

>> No.9713286

>>9713261
Which area are you in? Most comms are nominally region-wide even if they only ever hold meets in one or two cities in that region. Scotland, Midlands, North West, etc. It's challenging to host large meets so few people want to step up.

I used to think I felt a isolated from the group because I lived outside the main city, but after moving to the city centre I realised the main "issue" is close friendship groups you're not part of. Most comms only have meets once a month, so even if you live far away you can make it to nearly every meet as long as you don't work weekends. The real isolating factor is close friendship groups hanging out a bunch outside meets, which you're not necessarily going to be a part of even if you live nearby. You're not going to become best buds if you have no common interests and they have years of shared history with other local friends. When I lived far away, I saw these girls once a month, and now I live close by I...still see these girls once a month (bar the odd birthday or other event a couple of times a year).

>> No.9713290

>>9713242

Maybe better she left: she hasn't been an active lolita in years.

>> No.9713327

>>9713222
Expecting a place of business to be professional is spoilt and rotten? If the owner can’t handle it by herself she should hire an employee to help.

>> No.9713342

>>9713327

The venue seemed to be a small restaurant, relatively brand-new & thus the owner probably wasn't used to getting larger crowds of people. But my mistake, wanting to have a good experience at a restaurant doesn't make one spoiled & rotten--however expressing your opinion in a certain tone or manner can indeed make you come across as snobbish & ungrateful. Wanting immediate perfection from a business that's just started & has yet to become established isn't realistic imo.

>> No.9713348

>>9713242
>>9713290
I literally didn’t recognize her and I’ve been in the comm for years. Never seen her at a meetup or even in a discussion on the FB group, except for a few days ago when she scolded the OP of the ghost members post for not contacting her first. T b h I wouldn’t think of contacting her either bc I didn’t even know she existed.
Her post made it seem like people were demanding that she start organizing meetups. Did that happen? To me it felt more like people wanted the mods to be a bit more active, attending meets or just joining discussions, so we can get to know them. I didn’t see anyone say that every mod needs to organize meets. If you’re going to complain take your ball and go home just because people wanted to know who the mods of their community are then why did you apply for a mod position in the first place? It’s not supposed to be an anonymous thing.

I think it’s funny that these “ghost mods” are apparently so uncomfortable with sharing in the discussion, posting coords to the group, attending meets etc because isn’t that where all this started? Lolita’s not feeling comfortable in the group because of the hundreds of quiet lurkers? You’d think they would see where the complaints were coming from but instead they call us ungrateful and walk away.

>> No.9713351

>>9713348
Last paragraph should say she instead of they, I didn’t mean to imply J did the same thing. I really respect the work she did as a mod and don’t blame her for wanting to take time to herself. I really only meant the second one who stepped down.

>> No.9713358

>>9713351
apparently the second mod that stepped down didn't want to be visible, attend meets or share anything lolita related.

this is the complete opposite of J, who said she needed a break from all the work and organised a ton of things.

>> No.9713360

>>9713358
Did she even wear lolita? Like who is she, why was she modding a community she didn’t want to be part of?

>> No.9713362

>>9713290
The bitchy tone in her message really bothers me. I thougt we weren’t allowed to create unnecesary dramatic leaving message. But I am glad she left, we don’t need a mod with such a tone.
Also I completely agree with >>9713348

>> No.9713363

>>9713360
I have never even seen her and am part of the comm for years. Good riddance honestly.

>> No.9713365

>>9712930
>Also said dude does not even live in the state.

Why is he in Ohio EGL? Did he do something to get banned from the Indiana Comm?

>> No.9713373

>>9713362
That good bye message is really something. Who told her to be more visible and do more with lolita?? the other mods?

>> No.9713391

>>9711606
>lolita is a safe space
since when, bitch

>> No.9713394

>>9713373
She was probably lurking cgl lol

>> No.9713471

What is Chicago comm like these days? I remember there use to be a ton of drama

>> No.9713479

Tbh I didn't even really notice that the first one was a mod. I mean she posted a lot of wardrobe stuff but nothing important about the community. I noticed more about that from the second one. I'd be fed up too if I'd have to do things that I didn't want to do. It's still voluntary work and if people are gossiping behind your back it wouldn't make it more alluring to put in the time or effort.

>> No.9713482

>>9713373
Yeah. Because people want them to do so.

>> No.9713505

>>9713391
Lolita in general isn't a "safespace" but isn't a community more functional and productive when there's not a bunch of two-faced bitches stirring up drama?

>> No.9713507

>>9713365
I can imagine the Indiana comm really sucks. Indiana in general sucks imo.

>> No.9713591

>>9713507
Indiana has a comm that is full of people who are much younger and he doesn't feel comfortable around them, plus he has coworkers in that comm and could run into problems with that. Most of the cons he goes to are in Ohio and many of his friends are in the Ohio comm.

>> No.9713674

>>9713591
Oh.. well.. I don't blame him. As a female I don't really like coworkers seeing my coords either. I can't imagine the stigma cross dressing has in the workplace, especially in a conservative State like Indiana.

>> No.9713679

This is a very first world problem but... My comm's raffle went on for so long. It was really boring and I won a couple things so I can't imagine what it was like for people who didn't win anything. I'd rather have more time to shop at vendors or just socialize. I think maybe next year cut down on raffle prizes or spread them out so we're not sitting there and clapping for more than an hour.

>> No.9713692

>>9713471
P chill. It's also pretty big and most active members are older, so there's a chance that people might fall back into their own group of familiar faces and friends, but otherwise everyone is quite welcoming which probably explains why I often see members from other surrounding comms attend meets here.

Meetup quality is pretty good too, whether it's out in the burbs or in the city-proper, and most events are free or affordable.

There's usually a meetup once a month, and, lately, more people are making the effort to post casual outings in between official events.

There's been a change of hands and haven't been any drama in a while, but I'll occasionally see false rumors and salt from anons who've obviously never attended a meet.

>> No.9713695

>>9713679
LA comm?

>> No.9713726

>>9713479
Hello I, nice to see you are active here.

>> No.9713838

>>9713679
I've noticed this as a problem in general at a lot of meetups. People buy too many raffle tickets (or space out because the raffle is taking so long) so it takes them ages to go through their numbers and find the winner. Raising the price of raffle tickets so people buy fewer, but the same amount money still goes to charity, would be a good solution.

>> No.9713841

>>9713479
You're either her or one of her friends. The first mod who left was one of three mods who ever posted anything to the group and one of the main meetup organizers. Do you not consider meetups and discussions important to the community? Because that would explain a lot.

The second mod who left was someone most members I talked to had never even met who was I guess doing janitorial work behind the scenes? That's important work too, but mods need to be approachable and she was not. Anyone who went to her with questions or problems was brushed off. Which makes sense, because what help can she be if she doesn't know any of the people involved? Might as well ask a random stranger on the street to help me sort out a community issue. It's a good thing she stepped down. She no longer has to have anything to do with a community she clearly doesn't care for and we can replace her with someone more willing to actually be a mod.

>>9713726
Not surprised. I met her once at a meet and she spent almost the entire time talking about /cgl/ with her friend. I had no idea she was a mod, I thought she and her friend were cosplayers who were new to lolita and this was their first meetup.

>> No.9713857

>>9710812
Oh god yes the inside voice. I was mortified when a girl like this started "talking" about her yaoi and other innapropriate topics, in a rather small and busy desert shop. I was so embarassed on the behalf of all lolitas in the world.
>>9710822
> diagnosed with aspergers
>feel completely normal at meetups
Same feels man. It's exhausting.

>> No.9713955

>>9713838
I sometimes think instead of giving out tickets at the start and then letting people mingle, they should assign a specific number to each seat so where you've ended up sitting is linked to your ticket. Then the organizers instantly know who's won because they know what the numbers are according to the seating plan. It would cut down on time a lot.

>> No.9713974

(1/2)
OPEN LETTER TO THE MODERATORS AND NO-LONGER-WEARING-LOLITA-LOLITAS IN THE DUTCH LOLITA COMMUNITY.

Hello,

This letter goes out to people of this description:

You once wore lolita actively, you visit meetings and had other friends who were active in the Dutch lolita community.
Currently, you no longer wear lolita to meetings. You do not actively comment or post on the facebook page. Members that have joined the Dutch community in the last few years (let's say 3 or 4.) do not know who you are.

Does this describe you? Then this letter is aimed at you.

Dear [Your name]
It is nice to see you again. How lovely of you to come flocking to the Dutch community Facebook Page now that people are wondering why our community is being led by people who no longer enjoy our fashion.

The issue is this: Right now, there are only 3 moderators left. Only one of these moderators wears lolita, visits meets, and posts and participates in topics.

The other two moderators are hanging on by a string, desperately trying to keep their position of power. But why?
Why do you want to stay moderators? It's only work! There is no reward, because you don't go out and meet the people you do this work for: The active lolitas.

It is time for you to step down.
There is a huge group of new lolitas who desperately want to make this community work. They actively want to create topics, arrange meetings and help other members solve their problems.
There is no need for you to linger, because there are so many young members who would gladly do the work you do.

We appreciate all the work you've done over the last few years, but we long for new faces; people we can relate to, to help organize our community.

Moderation work isn't a lifetime job. You do it whilst it is relevant to your life. And when you stop being an active member of the community you step down and you give the new generation of lolita's a chance to create and mold a community that they feel welcome in.

>> No.9713976

>>9713974

(2/2)
As a lolita who is an active member of the community, it worries me that the people who are supposed to make us feel safe are mostly people we do not know, and will never meet.
My goal is not to replace you.
My goal is to keep the community alive, relevant, active, etc.

And new moderators – who know about new trends, who want to create a safe space, not just for the woman who've been wearing the fashion for years but also for the teenage girls, curious to try something new – are what the community needs right now.

Stop trying to keep the old forum-community alive. Move on, and let the new lolita's who wear the fashion and actively participate take over.

We really care about lolita fashion.
Whilst you no longer do.

>> No.9713984

>>9713976
Preach it!! Thank you, this is what I have been thinking since second mod left and that topic with suggestions opened. Where do all these random people I never met come from?? All lingering to old traditions.

I feel so sorry for the only active mod, trying to defend herself. Luckily active ex-mod is backing up as well.

>> No.9713987

>>9713976
Fucking amen.

>> No.9714011

>>9713974
>>9713976
Thank you. I'm confused that some mods are complaining. If you don't like the community and don't want to do this work, then why are you still doing it? Nobody is forcing you, I can think of several people who would love to take over. Why are they hanging on so hard if they don't even enjoy the work? Wouldn't them stepping down and us appointing new mods be a win/win? J managed to do this very gracefully so I don't know why the others can't.

>>9713984
Honestly I'm old af and remember a time when these girls were more active and it made some sense for them to be moderators when we moved from the forum to FB. I appreciate the work they did in the past and don't want to seem ungrateful. But it's obvious that they've become disenchanted with the fashion and our community and there's really no good reason to hang on to the reigns like this if you're going to half-ass it. That benefits no one.

>> No.9714014

>>9713976

If you are who I think you are, I even love you more now than before.

I see everything that it's happening in the community and totally agree with what's been said. If someone is not that involved now with the community as she was before, just leave your position of power and give space for new members who really wanna work and do activities inside the comm.

That said, I am still a little bit freak out about that second mod that left... As a mod, you must keep the community safe from unwanted lurkers and creepers, fights, shitposting, etc. If you see that the comm is quiet, as a mod you should try to create some interesting content and/or conversation. And, as a mod, let people know you. You don't need to attend EVERY meet, but at least show your face a little. There are people who don't like to organize meets, and in my humble opinion, that's not a mod's job to do; but if you wanna make people feel safe and listen inside the community, show yourself. It's not that complicated!

>> No.9714033

>>9714014
I agree 100%. I don't think mods should all be expected to organize meets, especially in a comm like ours where there are enough active members who organize things themselves. IMO it should even be possible to have an introverted mod who mostly does behind-the-scenes stuff. HOWEVER if you're in the position of a moderator you need to be available as an um, "aanspreekpunt" and let people know who you are and show them they can talk to you. You don't need to be the life of the party or have a big social media presence but you also can't be so private that you're a complete stranger to the majority of the comm. Why would anyone even want to be a mod if they don't like socializing with the community? It sounds unnecessarily stressful.

>> No.9714035

>>9713838
>>9713679
>>9713838
>>9713955
Another problem I see with Raffles is wayyy too many meh prizes. I wish people would stop accepting raffle prizes from literally everyone who offers and just use part of ticket sales to get a couple of nicer things.

>> No.9714044

>>9713857
uuugh I feel you,I'm >>9710802 and your story just reminded me of another one. once a girl from my comm started proudly telling me about how she slapped a little boy across the face because he was making fun of her lolita clothes. Yes, proudly. Are you seriously expecting me to compliment your for assaulting a random kid? It's especially embarassing when girls like this are looking to get praise for their shitty actions.

>> No.9714045

I recently moved and tried to join the local comm but it looks like I was rejected. I filled out all of the application and I’ve been wearing lolita for years. I’ve mainly kept to myself in the past so I don’t have any drama attached to me or anything like that.

I don’t understand what the problem was.

>> No.9714052

>>9714014
I feel like she could have so easily said ''Hey guys *insert explanation who she is, what she does* ''. Instead she just bailed because she got criticism.

>> No.9714066

>>9714045
Try messaging the mods, explain your situation. Maybe they were just not paying attention and made a mistake?

>> No.9714070

>>9714044
Ugh wtf. I understand not anyone likes children but you don't get to assault them or anyone else, even if they're being an asshole. She sounds nuts.

>>9714045
That's weird. Do you think you got rejected because they haven't gotten back to you, or is there another reason? If you just haven't heard anything then it could be that the people in charge haven't seen your application or haven't gotten around to it yet. When I tried to join my local general Jfashion comm it took two and a half months and a lot of prodding before a mod even looked at my application.

>>9714052
Yeah she made it sound like people kicked down her door and invaded her privacy. Holy overreaction.

>> No.9714079

>>9714052
She had quit before, didn't she? I believe she rejoined to kick that one person out of comm last year.

>> No.9714098

Do we ever acknowledge what a thankless task it is modding our asses by getting gifts for our mods?

>> No.9714103
File: 57 KB, 680x680, b7d.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9714098
I have actually, yeah, but only the ones who I've interacted with. It's kinda difficult to find a thoughtful gift for someone you've never seen and don't even know what style of lolita they wear.

>> No.9714111

>>9714103

Same here! I think that, even if it's a voluntary work, a little token of appreciation is always welcome... But you should at least know those people a little bit, right?

>> No.9714146

>>9714103
>>9714111
I was thinking gift cards, which I know, is impersonal. I was going to ask the comm to chip in too, rather than having it just be from me. I could probably make or commission something for each of them, but I doubt there would be enough time.

>> No.9714149

>>9714146
For Christmas? That's nice of you. I'd personally be happy to chip in if someone in my comm wanted to do this.

>> No.9714163

>>9714146

I think this is a lovely idea and you've got my support on it!

>> No.9714217

>>9714103
Honestly, the inactive ones have always given me bad vibes. The last time I saw them was ages ago, but they came off like they didn't want to be among the rest of us. Wouldn't mind chipping in for the active ones.

>> No.9714225

>>9714217
There is only one active Mod left:

Let's hope they hurry up with picking a new one

>> No.9714228

>>9714217
There are only 3 mods left. Which ones do you mean?

>> No.9714238

>>9713984
Ugh, that topic. I liked the girl who came in being super sarcastic and snarky and then complained about the tone of everyone who politely disagreed with her.
>you’re all discriminating against my opinions because I’m old!
lol what

I’ve been around since Mfashion was at its peak and I think it’s interesting to see a bunch of these older members shaking their cane and going “well in my day mods weren’t expected to interact with the community at all” because the biggest criticism about the people running the forum back then was that they were elitist, cliquey and unapproachable. I vividly remember being snubbed by a few of them despite having bought brand from L’s shop and having my messages ignored when I tried to ask a question. Just because things were even more antisocial back then doesn’t mean we aren’t allowed to want a pleasant community experience now.

>>9714217
I think giving the mods a gift is a nice idea, but only picking one of them to give a gift to while consciously ignoring the other two will just start unnecessary drama and we don't need that right now. Maybe a parting gift for J, though?

>> No.9714244

>>9713505
True, anon, you got me there. I agree.

>> No.9714249

>>9714225
The other active one just left, though. I would still include her.

>>9714228
The two that don't go to meets and the second that left. All I remember was that they seemed like ghosts at the meet-ups.

>>9714238
The forum was awful. How anyone could see it as the good old days is beyond me. Maybe I just joined too late, but as a newbie it felt like there was no place left for me.

>> No.9714260

>>9714249
Nostalgia is a powerful thing but not powerful enough to make me forget how unwelcoming and full of drama the comm was back then. There were secrets about our comm almost every month. I'm a salty oldfag when it comes to the fashion itself and maybe the online community, but as for our local community I wouldn't go back in time if you paid me.

>> No.9714296

>>9714249
didn't K organize the ott goth meet together with some other girls?

>> No.9714306

>>9714296
She did in theory, but never saw her posting on the event page and she barely talked to people at the meet. I never realized she was a mod.

>> No.9714308

>>9714238
A parting gift for J sounds like a cute idea! It doesn't start drama with the other mods, while still thanking a mod for her hard work. It shows we appreciate them.

I am willing to give some money if someone organises it.

>> No.9714317

>>9714249
I don’t remember anything bad from the forum. I never had trouble getting accepted, eventhough I was pretty Ita and didn’t attend meets. I really liked the format, it was very clear and offered a lot of topics to talk about. (Also ones that weren’t Lolita related.) You were also able to chat with the members, etc. I always felt like I was in a community with only similair minded people. I actually really liked posting on it and so I posted a lot.
But I have to admit, I didn’t read btb or sites like these in those days, so I also wasn’t aware of the drama. I also don’t think anyone, except for my close friends, remember me from the forum days. And when you are not memorable, you will most likely not get involved in anything.

>> No.9714340

>>9714317
I think the difference here is that you didn’t attend meets. We’re not really complaining about the forum itself (I prefer oldschool forums to FB actually) but the way people acted in person around the time when the forum was the main hub. I went to a bunch of meets and each time, that little club of people who ran the forum, owned the shop, organized fashion shows, got in the paper etc. would completely ignore anyone who wasn’t already part of their friend group. I got along fine with the other newer people but I always wondered why you’d try to run a community if you weren’t willing to get to know any of the people in it. It’s the same question people are asking now. If you want to keep to yourself and not interact with anyone but your close friends that’s fine, but why then put yourself in charge of a large group? It’s counterproductive and doesn’t benefit anyone.

I was never involved in drama either but if you followed egl it was hard to miss sometimes. Every few months someone would be rolling around on gravestones, selling dresses NWT after they were worn in fashion shows, inviting sensationalist tv program makers to meetups, etc. It was annoying, even from a distance.

>> No.9714345

Does anyone know if there will be any lolita event/meet for AX? I might be in LA around that time so I was wondering.

>> No.9714600

>>9714345
AX is for animes. There will be people wearing lolita but try hosting a meet or something. Also wtf AX is like 8 months away.

>> No.9714700

>>9714340
But, isn’t that the same as now? People still have their own groups, also the mods. I didn’t attend a lot of meets in the forum days, but from my experience it was exactly the same as it is now. People still don’t communicate a lot outside of their own group at meets. The groups are still kind of cliqueish, secretly gossiping about others and we still have regular drama on cgl. And the mods participate in this as well! A lot of newbies still feel what you felt in those days, but you won’t notice much of it because you are already part of a group. People still complain about how hard it is to make friends and get in an existing group.
But I am glad we no longer have any of these program makers at meets and that most Lolita’s became wiser in not accepting offers from them as well. (The girl who used to run the forum didn’t became much wiser though, it seems like she still wants television fame.)
Now I just hope they would stop with the Youtube videos as well, the refinery video was good, the other one so so, but in the end you are still on YouTube were the people are going to make fun of you either way.

>> No.9714718

>>9714308
I'd be down with a parting gift for J, too! Let's hope she isn't on here much these days, or the suprise will be spoiled.

>>9714296
K was also at the gift swap meet earlier this year and she hosted a small museum type activity meet.

>> No.9714747

>>9714700
Is it really still that hard nowadays? I make a point of having a real convo with at least one newbie at every meet and know several others who do as well. One girl even lends out dresses to newbies so they can be on theme. Several members of my ~clique~ (lol not really, but we do end up sitting together often) only became active in the community in the last year or something so they're still kinda newbies as well. Do you go to meets often? I recommend going for smaller ones with <10 attendees so you can actually really talk to people. It's definitely harder to get to know anyone at the really big meets because then people do separate up into groups since it's just not possible to have a group convo with like 30 people. I don't think anyone is consciously being excluded, it's just that nobody wants to yell across the room.

And yeah I'm also really glad people aren't inviting the media anymore because that was super annoying. After one of those episodes my classmates were talking about it and saying how lolitas are clearly insane pedobaiting fetishists even if they deny it. Nobody knew I wore lolita outside of school so I wasn't directly bullied for it, but ouch.

>> No.9714755

>>9714747
I go to meets very often, both bigger and smaller ones. But I did notice some things this years, that were definitly not very welcoming to others. Like you can’t sit here and someone who would bash into a conversation between two people and then completly ignore the outsider. (Both things happened this year.) But I have to admit I mostly stay in my own group as well, especially at bigger meets. I sometimes switch between groups as well, but it were things I noticed. That’s why I can now understand the complaints some people had a few months ago.

>> No.9714762

>>9714755
What were the complaints people had a few months ago? I don't come on here very often.

I've noticed some rude behavior at meets too, but it's usually the same few people and I put it down to them being socially awkward. Some people see no problem with interrupting or talking over others or don't even realize they do it. Unless these people with bad manners are mods, I don't think you can say it's a community-wide issue. You get people like that everywhere. If you see a newbie being treated rudely though, you can always step in and try to help. I did that one time when a new girl was talking and this other girl who's always really loud came out of nowhere and started talking over her and completely derailed the convo. Rather than telling her to shut up (and causing drama) I waited it out and when she left, turned back to the new girl and asked her to continue her story. It's a small effort but I hope that made her feel a bit more welcomed. (plus I wanted to hear the end lol)

People were talking upthread about inappropriate or socially awkward people in lolita communities who say and do weird/rude stuff, so I don't think this is unique to our comm. You probably get people like that in all geeky hobbies.

>> No.9714786

>>9714762
The usual thing about us being elitists, because of the groups at meets. I think the drama of the private meets is already a long time ago, but those people also felt like it was hard to get into the comm. And that we tried to get them out of our friend groups by organizing private meets.

Those weren’t mods indeed, but I still think it really scares of the newbies when other Lolita’s do this. Must add I have had a bad experience with one of the mods, who gave of a not so welcoming feeling to me. And I know another mod talks trash behind people’s back, but I am not here to make drama. I just feel that people should be aware that not everything is nice and perfect in the comm. And to come back to my original point we are actually not that much different from the old comm.

True, there are a lot of socially awkward people in the Lolita Fashion scene. You also notice this online. But it’s indeed the same as in other hobbies.

>> No.9714810

>>9714786
I think we've come full circle and agree with each other. The only reason I brought up the old mod situation in >>9714238 was because some older members (oh no age discrimination!1) were acting like everything was great back then, even though we had the same problems and people weren't happy about it then, either. I wasn’t trying to say that everything is great now and there are zero problems, I was actually pointing out the similarities. It’s not surprising, because the most unapproachable mods are the ones who were around back then, too. I guess that means they learned from the pros when it comes to snubbing us plebs.

I’ve personally had bad experiences with all three of the (inactive) mods. One of them completely ignored me and would apparently rather stare off into space than acknowledge my attempts at conversation, one of them spent an entire meet gossiping and making mean-spirited digs at random people and one snickered when her friend made a nasty comment about a really sweet girl in the comm who happens to have autism. All three give off the impression that they’d rather hang out with their own friends than even be in the same room as the rest of us, so I don’t understand why they’d stay mods all this time. At least things are changing now, so that’s good.

>> No.9714819

>>9714810
>>9714786

I've also had similar experiences with those three and heard the same from others. Makes me wonder who they would pick since they don't seem to want to hang out with any of the newer girls. I wouldn't want to work with them either.

>> No.9714826

>>9714819
Are any of us gulls even gonna apply to be a mod? A friend asked me if I was interested so I thought a bit about it. Conclusion is I really don't want to, nor do I feel qualified.

>> No.9714828

>>9714819

New? or Young?
There's a few new girls that made friends just fine with some of the older lolita's. Not talking about the mods specifically, since most mods never turn up for meetings.

They generally don't want to talk to the 16 year olds. Can't blame them, I prefer talking with people my own age too.

>> No.9714843

>>9714826
I'm thinking about it, but I'm generally pretty quiet on social media so I don't know if they want me. People who attend meets will know who I am but to the 400+ members who are FB-only I'm a total stranger.

>>9714828
New. Anon was talking about the mods specifically, not older lolitas in general. I'm the same age as one of the mods but she straight up ignored me while we were waiting for other people to arrive at the meet. The one thing she said in my direction was complaining that there wasn't anyone else there yet.
>okay thanks, I don't enjoy your company either

>> No.9714844

>>9714826
>>9714810
>>9714819
I think it's important to apply as mod if you want to change something or at least ask your friends to apply. Things aren't going to change by talking about it here.

>> No.9714872

>>9714810
True! There are so many similarities between then and now. And I can’t imagine the older mods not seeing them as well. I do have the feeling they tried to be more open and everything, but that it just didn’t turn out great and withdrew in the silence.
I can relate to that feeling. I also don’t understand why they would continue if they aren’t getting muchsatisfaction from it. I hope the changes will be good.

>> No.9714877

>>9714826
I want to, but I don’t think I am capable of it. I can’t really pretend to be friendly when it comes to annoying people. I would be really good in kicking people out.

>> No.9714883

>>9714844
But those that apply will need to interact with the two that are left. Those that have had bad experiences with them probably don't feel confident that working together with them will go smoothly.

>> No.9714884

Trying to plan my first meet in this comm is like pulling teeth...I gauged interest beforehand and everyone was into it but now it looks like it will be just me. Huge bummer.

>> No.9714896

>>9714844

I totally agree with you, and I think it's important to apply if you want things to change. I can understand people not feeling comfortable by applying for being a mod as there are two other mods that they may dislike, but isn't this a way to still give them power? You shouldn't let those feelings tear you apart from something that you really want to do.

As for the old comm, I guess that is much the same everywhere. I hear in so many different countries the same: the old days were better and now everything is shitty when the truth is that there was shit back then too. Shitty people have always been around inside and outside Lolita fashion. Of course, you can feel nostalgia, there is nothing bad about it, but we shouldn't try to look at the present and not complain about the past (which btw is gone and it's not coming back).

>> No.9714903

>>9714877
I don't think that is a bad thing because dealing with inappropriate behavior is really important, too. It just needs to be balanced out by other mods who are more diplomatic who can then call you in to deal with problem people.
I didn't see a problem with having one mod who's private and prefers working behind the scenes, imo the problem was that the majority of mods were this way. You can have specializations but there needs to be a balance.

>> No.9714927

>>9714345
Dunno if officially, but me and a bunch of my lolita friends are going to be there

>> No.9715027

>>9714896
Mods need to work as a team though. So If you can't work with one of the mods, you should at least try to be able to get on the same ground. Disliking them isn't going to make the comm better...

>> No.9715173

>>9714844
I kinda want to apply but even though I've been wearing lolita for some time I've been real inactive the past year because life happened in a bad way and besides that I manage another group totally unrelated to lolita that brings enough drama and stress on it's own.

But I very much agree with you. Change starts with us. Though I can understand not wanting to interact with the two remaining old timey mods I still hope people will apply and provide the comm with a much needed breath of fresh air.

>> No.9715247

Here's the video of the fashion show from LA's ILD meet.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGlBs4UjDy4
Everyone is cute enough but someone please tell some of these girls to stand up straight.

>> No.9715267

I have a scar on my face and whenever I go to meet ups or post my picture people accuse me of trying to be an edgy lolita, then things get awkward when I explain to them that the scar is real. They think I'm trying to be a female Venom Snake in Lolita.

>> No.9715290

>>9715267
have you ever posted to cof? that sounds cool who cares about edge. just roll with it its your face

>> No.9715293

>>9715247
was that last girl girlypoot? she looks really wobbly or something is she ill?

>> No.9715297

>>9715293
Yeah she's been a bit sick recently

>> No.9715384

>>9715297
aw poor girl. is it a neuro thing or physical? she should start using a cane if shes going to be wearing heels like that and attempting to walk around before she breaks something

>> No.9715500

>>9715384
she has a nerve disorder and said it's been flaring in her story on insta

>> No.9715517

>>9714884
i feel this. i’ve planned my first couple meets recently and they haven’t garnered much interest outside of newbies and their non-lolita friends. my actual friends in the comm haven’t reallt come to my events, i don’t know how to handle the embarrassment

>> No.9715521

>>9715500
Nayrt but that's so sad. I have nerve damage in my fingers and toes from a car accident/head injury and it's really tough to deal with, I can't imagine my whole body being affected like hers.

>> No.9715530

>>9715521
Yeah, I feel awful because she's really nice and I've been in company with her where she's visibly in a lot of pain and it's hard to watch

>> No.9715541

>>9715517
Can’t you just ask your friends why they aren’t interested in the meets you organised? Maybe there’s something about the timing or location that made them less interesting to more experienced lolitas.
I have one friend who keeps trying to organise fashion walks through the most touristy part of town and yeah.... no.

>> No.9716243
File: 188 KB, 1426x2015, FB_IMG_1512703435560.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Saw this in rufflechat. Is this 'Harajuku Underground' group associated with the Colorado Comm? I'd consider traveling for a Lolita con in CO, but their page has only like 80 likes, and it looks like they've only put on one event in the past. Their con announcement has no date or place, either... Not good signs DESU.

>> No.9716247

>>9715517
Awe that sucks I'm sorry! I have a friend in my comm that's in the same boat. I always feel so bad when I don't come to her meets, but she lives 2 hours away. It's just hard to drive that far for a couple hour tea.

If it's a distance issue, have you considered inviting your friends to sleep over, then going to the meet together? It's a lot easier to justify a lot of driving if it's not all in one day.

>> No.9716251 [DELETED] 

>>9714927
Oh ok. My com occasionally have a meet if there is an event that pulls in a lot of out-of-town people, so I was wondering.

>> No.9716293

>>9716243
My feels exactly; no date or place sounds to me like no actual event

>> No.9716302

>>9711606
>You arent looking for a meet you are looking for a con.

Im looking to meet people who are well socialized and dressed up for the occasion.

>> No.9716312

I live in california bay area and from what I know the only nearby comm is the San Francisco com which is about 2 hours away from where I live. Can any locals tell me what the scene is like? I've been to SF a lot and visited AP and BTSS but I'm relatively new to the fashion. I'm also super intimidated to go because I assume the girls are held to a higher expectation because the big brand stores are there. I feel like it might be super isolating and dangerous to go by myself, is it frowned upon to bring the bf?

>> No.9716333

>>9716243
Until someone who is more active in the community possibly comes along to give you better info...

I think Harajuku Underground was born of our biggest local convention going to shit in the lolita department --i.e. few or no brands/lolita guests booked to have pop-up shops or to do panels and such, etc. The convention-which-must-not-be-named has been lacking in a lot of areas for a while, though. For one thing, it's been held in WAY too small of a space for the number of attendees in recent years. Funding problems I think since I vaguely recall AA vendors being upset about booth rental prices unfairly going up.

It's hard to get a good feel for the current vibe from the publicly available page for the Colorado community, but I can promise you the uh...the look of the Harajuku Underground page is not an accurate representation of the effort our mods have been putting in to get this idea off the ground. It's just still in the beginning stages, and it's tough work going up against one of the very few conventions our state has. Even though cosplayers and lolitas alike are yearning for a better convention.

>> No.9716337

>>9716312
SF Comm is pretty friendly! It's large enough that most meets have a good mix of personalities. No one's ever snobbish or rude (aloof, maybe, because some people are just awkward or shy). Your best bet would be the monthly meets, since they're the most laid-back. Lots of the girls bring their significant others as well, so don't feel weird bringing your bf along!

>> No.9716339

>>9716333
I’ve lived here for a bit now and have never heard anything about this....

>> No.9716340

>tfw you spend 2.5hours to get to work and exactly the same amount of time to come back home EVERY DAY
>yeah, 5 hours in total to get to work and back every single day
>some pussies on 4ch whining that 2hours ride once a week/month is too far away and they can't meet their friends or loved ones because of that
Pathetic

>> No.9716357

>>9716312
Where in the bay area? A lot of people live all over the bay so there's meets on the penisula and in south bay from time to time. Bay area comm is very friendly and relaxed, and I think compared to other comms we're also loud and drink a lot. I wouldn't be worried about going to events alone, people will definitely talk to you, but if you bring a boyfriend that's fine too!

Honestly I don't think people are held to a higher standard because the stores are here, if anything people are more relaxed about brand because it's not as big of a deal.

>> No.9716418

>>9715267
I feel you I'm actually missing a leg (am a lonelita and doesnt post or am in a comm) and the only time i went to a meetup i had some girls snickering about how I was so edgy then when I explained I lost most of my leg in an accident and it had to get amputated the whole meet got super awkward

>> No.9716466

>>9716418
what
Did they think you were faking, or that you had your leg amputated willingly for edge points? That's bizarre.

>> No.9716470

>>9716243
I hope this works out and gets off the ground a bit better, it's a really interesting concept and I would totally travel to this.

>> No.9716581

>>9716337
>>9716357
I live close to monterey and Santa Cruz. I was hoping perhaps There's be more of a scene closer to me since I've seen one or two girls dressed up before in the wild.

>>9716337
That's good to hear. I was just weary because there was that thread moons ago about girls wanting to keep men away from meets.

Maybe I'll see you guys there if I work up the courage. :)

>> No.9716592

>>9716418
Did they not realize you had a fake leg? I could never imagine someone actually doing that, same with the scar in >>9715267
In my area (country?) it's rude to comment on someone's personal looks (that are seen as negative like scars, acne, handicaps, etc).

>> No.9716742

>>9716466
I actually had trouble with my prosthetic leg that day and had to walk with crutches and they thought i was "exaggerating it"

>>9716592
Yeah me neither,I was astonished by how rude it was of them. They were like 14 though.

>> No.9716959

>>9716581
SF Comm in particularly can be a little suspicious of men because we've had a history of creepers in the past, but I don't think there's been a single significant other who's tagged along to meets who's been any sort of trouble for the rest of us. It's the lone wolfers you gotta be careful of.

>>9716357
>loud and drink a lot
Yeah. Also eating. We love to eat haha. I hope you have a lot of shirred dresses!

>> No.9717066

So I'm a pretty new lolita in LA trying to find any information on the comm? the FB page and meet up pages aren't active anymore, but I can see from this thread that events are still happening. Can someone fill me in?

>> No.9717072

>>9717066
The LA & OC comm groups do post all events and are active. Are you in the right group?

>> No.9717074

>>9717072
Apparently not. The last post I see in the LA one I joined is from August.

>> No.9717173

>>9713260
Nayrt but that's fantastic news! I've been thinking about joining

>> No.9717176

>>9716592
Isn't that rude anywhere? Especially if it's something the person has no control over. People in my country have a reputation for being blunt and never sugarcoating anything but even here you'd have to be the worst kind of trailer trash raised by feral raccoons to shit talk someone with a handicap.

>>9716742
Ugh. But if they were only 14 there's a chance they might still grow up.

>> No.9717224

>>9717176
I don't think so. Maybe handicaps yes, but I know it's really common in Korea to make comments about weight and acne.

>> No.9717279

>>9717074
You're definitely in the wrong group. The active one is called LA Lolitas.

>> No.9717319

>>9716340
thats just dumb though? would it even be worth living that far from your job or is your time just so worthless you are ok wasting 25 hrs a week (most part time jobs are 20 hrs). i agree that whining about driving 2 hours for a meet up is a joke, but your life is the real joke.

>> No.9717373

>>9716581
SF is the place to be for meets. I think there are other small comms around the area but they're all completely overshadowed by SF. If you think 2 hour drive to a meet is too long then at least try to make it to one of the bigger meets, they're worth making the trip.

Otherwise the monthly meets are all very friendly and great for beginners/lonelitas. Bringing the SO is fine, most of us have them at least dress in nice shirt + slacks.

>> No.9717400

>>9717319
Nayrt but that's really common in my country. Real estate is a bitch, so it's often cheaper and easier to travel 4 hrs a day than to move closer to your job if your job is in a major city. And if you're using public transport, you can work in the train too.

>> No.9717413

>>9717319
Pretty common in my country regardless of where you live and whether you study or work. I know people who travels 6 hours daily for seminars and lectures at uni.

>> No.9717718

>>9717373
I just got accepted into the fb page, 1,000 members holy shit. I thought maybe 100 would be a lot ton of members. Some of the events are fancy stuff, I feel so uncultured but it looks like a lot of fun. I'd def be down to drink with some ladies in frills.

>> No.9717768

>>9716418
Um the obvious answer to that is to take your fake leg off and hit them with it

>> No.9717769

>>9717718
Yeah, some meets are very casual, but we can get fancy, too! Still, people aren't usually stuck up and still have a lot of fun at fancier meets. I agree with the other anon, if you have trouble going to meets often, it's worth it to go to the big ones! Also there probably lolitas near you so you can host your own meets, or if you don't feel up to that you can at least meet people that might live closer to you and hang out with them casually.

>> No.9718099

Sometime I wonder if my love of the fashion and the aesthetic of it is worth it. I'm a guy, and I get it, me wearing the fashion pushes some into a rage. Enough of a rage that they will make up lies about me, say I was at meets doing xyz when it is easily provable I was elsewhere in another state. I mean, I have a ton of cords and quite a bit of brand, but I still get hate. I've made some awesome friends in the fashion, but then again also gotten slammed a lot lately. I sometimes wonder, should I give up something g I enjoy so I don't have to put up with the haters?

>> No.9718228

>>9718099
Sounds like people just don't like you? You don't have to be in a comm to wear the fashion. Post a picture so we can get a better sense if it's just your personality and not your fashion sense.

>> No.9718265

>>9717768
underrated post

>> No.9718281
File: 56 KB, 670x950, IMG_3469.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9716243
Interesting logo choice

>> No.9718285

>>9718281
Those are not similar in any way except pigtails??

>> No.9718316

>>9718099
are you S from dallas because you keep mistaking your gender for the reason why people don't like you when it's actually your personality instead.

>> No.9718330

>>9718316
If it's Dallas he's either S or Z. Both of them have issues.

>> No.9718391

>>9717279
Speaking of LA, didn't they have a Royal Princess Alice Tea Party today? Anyone want to share how that went?

>> No.9718393

>>9717769
Hah. I tried to get a small comm going in my town, or rather I tried to convince my friends to look into the fashion and I'd let them borrow some of my clothes and we'd go out. I remember this jewellery shop owner saw us walking by and kept asking us what the occasion was and my friend and I kept getting flustered by the questions. She was nice tho and it was a good time.

>> No.9718423

>>9718391
The RPA tea party was today, but I didn't go. I saw pictures from friends and haven't heard complaints so I'm just gonna assume nothing went too poorly.

>> No.9718713

>>9718316
Nah, I'm up in Indiana. I actually have plenty of friends in the comm, and I've asked for concrit, I just sometimes feel like I don't belong. Been posted to the its thread a few weeks ago, then had a person make shit up about me and post it to btb.

>> No.9718719

>>9718713
Do you go to Chicago meets?

>> No.9718721
File: 121 KB, 528x960, 2017-05-20 01.54.30.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9718228
Here is one of me from last year. I don't have any others on my phone.

>> No.9718722

>>9718719
No, I have never been to one there. I have been to ACen

>> No.9718724

>>9718391
S here. I went to this and the OC meet up. Both were pretty nice. Still don't know why I got banned for "harassment" when I was just telling people about what L had done to me, but I think she's pretty much an LA mod now so I was too late to warn them before she infiltrated them. I already moved on from being banned over something so dumb, and it's hard to stand up for yourself when you have someone that is constantly lying about you all the time. Also Royal Princess Alice announced a collaboration with Automatic Honey for next Halloween too for those who would be interested.

>> No.9718725

>>9718721
Sorry to say, this coord isn't good enough to get you out of "possible creeper/sissy" status. You're missing a hair accessory, the wig isn't great, and it doesn't look like you're wearing makeup? We do have some male lolitas in the midwest that are doing a good enough job that their motives aren't questioned, but you need to step it up. If you were a girl dressing like this, you wouldn't be getting the red carpet treatment either.

>> No.9718727
File: 233 KB, 1224x2048, FB_IMG_1513017928847.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9718228
Wait, recent pic of me wearing it out in Bloomington at the end of October

>> No.9718729

>>9718724
Why won't you learn that coming here and bitching about people, regardless as to whether they are mods or not, isn't getting you anywhere? I'm not L and not in your comm but your constant posting is making you look crazy and nobody wants to be around someone like this who shitposts so much. You clearly haven't "already moved on".

>> No.9718731

>>9718729
I didn't even say anything bad in this post. I just wrote what happened and how I felt about it, maybe you need to chill out a bit? I haven't even posted since then so I don't know why you are saying I am constantly posting because I am not?

>> No.9718732

>>9718725
Posted a newer pic below. I had to look up some of the fetishes things to see what they were talking about and yuck, not for me at all. I do have plenty of brand pieces, just no recent pics. I should probably get the girl who is my roomie to get some decent pics in that. She was the one who picked the outfit below.

>> No.9718734

>>9718724
Wow, let it go. Nobody cares about your personal drama. Learn how to use an anon board.

>> No.9718735

>>9718731
NAYRT but talking about someone "infiltrating" and "constantly lying about you" and that you were banned for "something dumb" makes you sound deluded and certainly does count as talking shit about whoever you're talking about. If it was so dumb and you've moved on, why are you bringing it up when nobody asked about it? "How did the event go" isn't "how are your personal problems coming along"

>> No.9718738

>>9718735
Just wanted to say what happened is all. It is all the truth and you can choose whether to believe me or not, I just don't want it all to be one-sided is all. And there was people asking about it earlier in this thread if you bothered to read it.

>> No.9718744

>>9718727
You desperately need to practice your makeup and do more dramatic eyes - falsies will help a lot I think. Also learn to trim your wig bangs, having fake hair hanging in your face will make anyone look greasy.

Like it or not, being a man means people will question your motives for being there. Plus this hobby is focused entirely on your looks so naturally less pretty people have a harder time and have to go the extra mile with grooming and styling, which it looks like you're not really doing. Watch some youtube videos on makeup and wig styling, maintain a skincare regimen, and never ever bring up at a meet how much you love petticoats.

>> No.9718752

>>9718316
S here and no I didn't post that :D

>> No.9718755

>>9718744
The wig and makeup are the difficult things for me. If I do it I look dead, if Tiffany does it for me (girl roomie) it looks awesome. She just can't get off for many cons.

Also, I hate to admit it, it the tights, petticoats, corset, and layers are annoying, too hot, and I generally end up dehydrated after a full day in it all at a con, but I have to have them because it doesn't look right without it. I really don't get any kind of fetish for it because it isn't exactly comfortable.

>> No.9718770

>>9718755
>The wig and makeup are the difficult things for me. If I do it I look dead
That's why you gotta put in the the practice, anon. Eventually, with enough practice you'll start looking decent, and then later, hopefully, even excellent. But you gotta work for it.

Some people look naturally cuter than others, but nobody crawled out of the womb knowing how to do make-up. Even cute girls had shitty make to begin with, but they have years of practice compared to you. Have your roomie teach you instead of doing it for you, watch lots of tutorials, try different looks. It'll go miles toward helping you look more polished.

>> No.9718793

>>9718727
you should quit lolita. you arent welcome in the comm because youre an old man and have nothing in common with anyone else. youre ita and give off a sissy vibe for sure. if you showed up to one of my comms meets id leave. this fashion isnt for you.

>> No.9718797

>>9718727
cosplay wig, ugly shirt, poor accessorizing, fugly old man face. youre a real winner.

>> No.9718807

>>9718793
>>9718797
Easy to tell you're the same person, probably one of the Pittsburgh ones who lied about stuff because you have some twisted fetish that causes you to be a salty bitch. It is people like you who are going to make me perfect it just to show you I can. Meanwhile, karma will catch up with you.

>> No.9718812

>>9718099
Stop using your sex as an excuse for how others treat you. There are a bunch of guys in lolita who don't get shit on because they either keep low enough of a profile that nobody cares enough about them to say anything, or they dress well enough that nobody suspects their intentions or think they're a creep.

I don't know what your interactions with others online and in person are like, but you're clearly not well-dressed enough to not set off sissy radards.

Your coords suck. You don't know how to do hair or makeup. You don't know how to pose. The only thing you have going for you is apparently owning brand, but brand itas and sissies with brand are a thing.

If you want to be accepted, either improve your social interactions or learn to dress properly. Otherwise feel free to leave. We wouldn't be losing much if you did.

>> No.9718818

>>9712100
I know this is an old post but someone from that group is a giant cunt. Both that guy and some of the itas who have been posted here are lovely people who are very open to concrit, yet someone is not doing it to their face and wants to post everything here. I'm about to stop going to Ohio meets if this shit keeps up, I hate drama

>> No.9718829

>>9713507
Indiana comm does suck, unfortunately I think it's just a Midwest curse. There are plenty of cute places to go and things to do, but no one wants to leave their shitty college town or city and go to the cute little towns and rural areas. Get ready for sushi bar/ crappy """high tea""" meet up #1000 if you move to the Midwest, no one wants to do anything else

>> No.9718838

>>9718099
i think as a guy you will be judged harder and it sucks. but isnt lolita fashion all about not giving a fuck and just do what you love? wear what you find beautiful! if it makes you happy do it! hang out with those awesome friends you made and stay away from judging haters. i agree that you need to learn how to style wigs and how to do your make up. learn the basics first. then learn the lolita basics, follow the rules if you want lolitas to like you. if you want to break them then go ahead but yeh people will always judge, learn to deal with that as well. i wish you luck on your journey! dont give up.

>> No.9718882

>>9718838
I am going to learn it, do it right, and follow the rules. If I can't get it right then I'll go aristocrat, even though to me that isn't as aesthetic at all, bit I still want to be involved because I do have a lot of friends in it.

>> No.9718948

>>9718882
Might be better to stay away from sweet or sweet-like wigs like bright pink, even if it's your favorite style. I feel like it's easier not to be confused as a sissy/fetishist if you wear something more classic/gothic if you get what I mean. Also just gotta suck it up and learn how to do your own make-up, we all had to and it's something that really completes the look. I would recommend looking up some drag tutorials too just to see how best to contour the face if you want it to look like a more feminine shape.

>> No.9718955

>>9718948
Well, I know what I am doing at least once per day every weekend until Ohayocon. Also, I guess I will need to find a good source for a natural colored wig in a dark brown or something that fits my complexion. I've been buying my wigs from booths in the dealer room.

>> No.9718959

>>9718955
I've been buying from DreamHolic, it's pretty decent wigs for a decent price. Usually browns and honey blondes usually compliment a range of skin tones, and you can also compare your skin tone to others in that wig color to see if it would work with your complexion or not.

>> No.9718963

>>9718959
I will check them out. I want to do this right, because secretly I hate how I can get the shape of the dress and all that stuff right, but then it seems I am stuck behind the times on the wog stuff. Then again I've been getting too much coord advice from cosplayers who are friends rather than lolitas.

>> No.9718980

>>9718724
Can NYC take her back please? So embarrassing

>> No.9718989

>>9718807
Wow where is this anti-pittsburgh hate coming from, we didn't have any issue with you.

>> No.9718996

>>9718727
I'd probably switch out that top for something more lolita. I know blouses are one of the hardest things to find because of shoulder width, but some indie brands do very reasonable custom blouses, off the top of my head I can think of Lady Sloth, and I'm not sure if The Floral Notebook is a thing anymore? But I'd avoid peter pan collars or round collars, high neck and round neck is elegant and doesn't say "I want to be a little girl" and you can get ones with princess sleeves that will add a lot to coords. I agree that the wig could be switched out, and probably work on accessorizing in general (bracelets, necklaces, different kinds of headwear...) but your dresses look like they fit well and the color matching seems solid to me.

>> No.9719002

>>9718724
You are not helping your case here. You’re looking crazier than L now and you are totally not over it. The question asked about the RPA tea party not your stupid fucking drama. I used to be on the fence about both you and L being batshit but I think you came out as the most immature in this whole shitshow. Good thing you’re banned. You are a fucking embarassment.

>> No.9719006

>>9719002
I'm pretty sure you're just the same person posting the same comments over and over again, so I'm just going to ignore you as a troll, because it seems you keep beating a dead horse over and over again.

>> No.9719008

>>9718391
The RPA party was pretty good. I don’t understand why they had to wait for the late people but whatever. The designer was so adorable and peppy. She was very personable and even tried to speak English at some points. I hope she visits again. She also made certain dresses and certain dresses in cuts or as skirts for LA specifically.

>> No.9719016

>>9718829
seconding this, indiana is a clusterfuck, when I lived there meets were not existent and so were the mods. The mods don’t even wear lolita or go to meets, what a mess

>> No.9719018

>>9719006
Nope, I’m a different person. If anyone is beating a dead horse, it’s you. This finally blew over and then you brought it up again. Let it fucking die. Grow up and maybe you can be admitted into the comm again. When it’s two comms that hate you, maybe it’s you thats the problem, not everyone else. Especially when 40+ people liked the post mentioning you were banned. Lay low and grow the fuck up.

>> No.9719020

>>9718989
2 friendsd of mine PMed me and said it was a member of the Pittsburgh comm who did it, and whoever it was showed up at the Ohio High Tea one (which I missed BTW), and then started posting about about me. They wont tell me who though.

>> No.9719022

>>9719018
I'm not hated in two communities, I actually just visited the New York City community not too long ago. And I still have friends in California, and even still around the states and around the world, so I think I'm pretty safe to assume this is an isolated incident.

>> No.9719024

>>9718996
My roomie picked it out because she thought I'd be too cold that day. I should get a blouse from Lady Sloth because this dress is from there, and I also have the Look at my Dreamy Sky night from her too, but I am unsure what style to get with this.

>> No.9719052

>>9719018
S was banned over a personal dispute with another member in the LA comm...which is questionable and makes me think that the LA mods don’t actually care or know how to be decent mods. There were photographers and other people who actually needed to be banned and were given more a slap on the wrist. In NYC she wasn’t banned...whether or not S was liked is an entirely different story so I don’t know why that is even being brought up..

>> No.9719054

>>9719024
Why did you keep bragging about your brand but you haven't posted a single good coord yet?

>> No.9719102

>>9719020
If your friends have evidence that it was a particular person from our com, ask them to report it to our mods. That sort of behavior isn't tolerated :/
However I still am unconvinced; If your friends know who it is why don't they tell you?

>> No.9719109
File: 819 KB, 3228x2016, wardrobe.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9719054
Because pics of me in it are far and few between. Here's my wardrobe. Most are the full sets, but even so that doesn't help with the wig, shoes, accessories, etc. I think I've established that I should stop listening to my cosplayer friends and start asking lolitas.

>> No.9719113

>>9718724
Lmfao I can’t brlieve you took caps of your cgl speeg fest posted them to your Facebook page and tagged all the mods in it. Stay away from LA meets you crazy bitch. There’s a reason why no one wanted to sit with you at the RPA tea and veered away from your table when we were sitting down.

>> No.9719116

>>9719102
The main friend telling me this says she is hated by many in the comm. I'll ask her to tell you, even if she wont tell me, because I do have friends in your comm too. If anything I'll ask her to DM mutual friends on FB and have them report it to your mods.

>> No.9719127

>>9718980
agree, what a shitshow
LA comm is better off without this drama

>> No.9719133

>>9719113
Actually I had a bunch of people who sat next to me at my table so I'm assuming you weren't there at all. I also know and are friends with about half of the attendees that came including the event organizer so not sure where you are getting the notion of people "veering away" from me.

>> No.9719135

>>9719116
I think there's only one person the com dislikes, but I'd still be surprised if she went out of her way to post someone to btb. Either way, please have them tell our mods.

>> No.9719144
File: 358 KB, 2607x1558, Capture.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9719135
Here's the screenshot where she said she reported it. I hid her name for privacy sake.

>> No.9719145

>>9719024
>my roomie picked it out
Who's the lolita, you or your roomie? Honestly, it doesn't sound like you're actually into the fashion at all if you can't be bothered to learn how to style yourself. You don't do your own wigs, you don't do your own makeup, you don't even coordinate your own outfits.

You sound like a sissy who likes to be dressed up by girls, not a brolita.

>> No.9719150

>>9719133
Can’t believe you haven’t made a trip yet with all these posts. Keep embarrassing yourself, we’ll be sure to have a good laugh about it at the next LA event.

>> No.9719155

>>9719150
Don't need a trip just for a thread like this. And I'm pretty sure this is all you L still talking and trying to deflect hard and constantly accusing me of being crazy and hated and what not. You are really just repeating the same attacks towards me so it's not hard to tell it's you. You're just trying to silence me by constantly squawking at me and pulling lies out of your ass about events you weren't attending and communities you are not a part of.

>> No.9719156

>>9719145
Nope, you're wrong. I do the lolita stuff, the roomie wanted to help. When I've tried doing makeup I end up having a face that looks really flat and I know it doesn't look right, but I can't figure out how to make it look right. Up until recently I thought my wigs were great, but that's because my cosplay friends tell me it is, and even some of my friends in the comm tell me the same. I did set up my DDC coord with accessories, a blouse, etc, but no pics, and in fact I don't have any pics of me in full coords other than what I've posted.

I will never be a "sissy" who likes being dressed up by girls. No thanks, I saw people in that lifestyle, and it isn't for me. Nah, until lately I thought I was doing good with the fashion,but then again I have only done it at conventions and one time outside a con. Okay, fine, I need to put more effort into it because what I thought was good wasn't good, probably because the actual exposure I get to lolitas IRL is only at conventions.

>> No.9719158

>>9719156
Maybe you should actually lurk CoF and inspo threads. Because if you actually spent any time looking at good lolitas/brolites you'd see the difference between you and them in an instant.

It's not the fault of your cosplay friends or your roommate that you're ita. You're the one who's supposedly into the fashion, you're the one who should be researching what does and doesn't look good. Stop relying on other people and stop making excuses.

>> No.9719159

>>9719156
Could you please stop flooding the thread? This isn't even comm related at this point, and I'm not here to read your blog.

>> No.9719164

>>9719158
I am going to start doing that. I hadn't ever been on here until recently. Being posted to an ita thread and having crap made up about me is going to make me get good with it to show all the haters. I pretty much have every weekend free, so I can practice, and I am going to start asking coord advice in my comm, which is something I have not actually done yet

>> No.9719169

>>9719155
Not the anon you're talking to but please tone it down. Let L appear as the snake she is, you don't have to keep posting your side of things after that whole thread. From one person who dealt with big dramu to another, it will die down as long as you ignore it and don't defend yourself/bring it up more. That's why the LA comm was getting shit. THEIR whiteknight was constantly defending every little bit of criticism. There's a reason anonymity is a staple of this website.

>> No.9719183

>>9719156
Hey dude. I know you're having trouble with drama, but you're digging yourself into a hole ITT and you're not helping yourself. I'm a brolita myself and you need to leave /cgl/ for a while. It's full of catty gulls who can't have sex with husbandos IRL. Start looking up makeup practice videos on Youtube and watch them.

Go to Sephora and get some help. They'll help you find the right foundation and skin routines.

>> No.9719210

>>9719109
Is that Fancy Egg and that Qi dress from Strawberry Witch next to it? I like you, anon.

And for the love of god don't let cosplayers tell you how to coord. Even people who have fashion sense can make some weird choices for lolita, it takes a bit to train your eye/coording skills.

>> No.9719233

>>9719156
Seriously, you kinda sound pathetic and it makes sense why people in your comm don't like you. I'm not even really sure why you're in a comm. Your gender has nothing to do with the fact that you're an ita, it just makes it worse. Please grow up a little, learn the fashion, learn how to make yourself pretty, and stop making up excuses. We don't care if you say you're not a sissy, but you wear bad coords and love your roomie playing dressup with you.

>> No.9719262

>>9719155
I’m one of the people who posted here telling you to cut it out and I’m not L. I’m not even in your comm. You were drunkenly ranting about this even at Rufflecon. I felt bad for you then but the more you post, the more embarrassing it is. You sound insane and you need to let it go or at least stop posting here because you aren’t helping your case at all.

>> No.9719303

>>9718724
girl, you need help. please go see a therapist and complain to them about L and not the threads. no one here cares about this. you wanna prove how big of bully L is? go get proof. post it everywhere. otherwise, keep it to yourself. you’re embarrassing yourself and digging yourself deeper into a hole.

>> No.9719317

>>9719113
The reason why everyone went to that table was because there were no other tables free and had no choice. Your table was the reject fatty table lol.

>>9719303
Seriously. She keeps spouting this shit, bringing it up when it finally died down, and hasn’t shown ANY proof. Not even her “friends” are coming up to help substantiate her claims. As one anon said, if L is truly a “snake” let L prove it on her own. Otherwise her credibility is just going downwards and most likely at this point without any proof she’s pulling shit out of her ass and is just projecting it onto L at this point.

>> No.9719376

>>9719020
Lol, ever since M and her crew dropped you from NYC you've been a damn mess. You're a brat, grow up already.

>> No.9719404

>>9718807
not pitts lol. you nasty old man youre really disgusting. ive seen your posts looking for a girlfriend, the group is full of much younger girls. i repeat. this fashion IS NOT FOR YOU. youre a disgusting old pervert and thats all youll ever be, youll never be accepted in the fashion because youre not a girl. and please. dont pull the mana card again because he doesnt look like a bulldogs ass like you. saggy faced old wretch.
i hope someone sees you in public and calls the cops before you get near their kids. if you cared about the fashion, which i know you dont, youd quit because you give it a horrible reputation.

>> No.9719409

>>9719008
>She also made certain dresses and certain dresses in cuts or as skirts for LA specifically.
What, no way? Which ones? Aw, now I totally wish I went.

>> No.9719411

>>9719404
if you cant see why and how youre an ita, youll never get any better and we dont want to help you here. if you cant see why an old man who cant dress himself isnt welcome in any lolita comm, then we cant help you here.
youre an old sissy trying to hang out with college age or highschool girls. if you dont see how fucked up that is you should go become a neet for the safety of everyone around you. were SCARED of you because of how aggressive and offputting you are. we will never trust you.

>> No.9719412
File: 49 KB, 1037x587, IMG_20170212_183324.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9719052
>There were photographers and other people who actually needed to be banned
Like who? Nayrt, but I don't recall any other drama that should have ended with a ban.

>> No.9719429

>>9718807
>perfect it just to show you I can
doubt.jpg

>> No.9719584

>>9719409
I unfortunately don’t have a picture of the new dresses she made which haven’t been released in Japan yet but she debuted them here in LA and had them for sale. I do know that one dress she made into a skirt was Dark Night Hospital.

>> No.9719615

>>9719109
Hey I'm the girl who friended you recently on FB. You can pm me if you want and I'll help you.

>> No.9719618

>>9719411
How is he aggressive and off-putting? I'm in the comm and I've never seen him act aggressive. You're such a fucking drama queen. Why can't we enjoy our fashion in peace?

>> No.9719760

>>9719618
I'm convinced they hate men and is willing to attack and spread rumors about them if it's true or not.

>> No.9719779

>>9719618
Can confirm. I know him. He's not aggressive and harmless. Enjoys the fashion. Willing to take concrit. Not everyone is suited for it, but that doesn't mean that they can't enjoy it or being a part of the community. I know that's an unpopular opinion on 4chins, you must be kawaii desu ne sugoi and shit with twiggy bow legs and an uguu face to boot just to even look at an 8th hand burando ring.

I will say, the talking about not being able to find a date in any lolita outlet can give that vibe. Especially when we are surrounded by creepers, have sissies trying to make our fashion look like a fetish, and every normie man (and woman) assuming that we are doing this to attract pedophiles. When an older guy is around in the fashion we collectively assume this even if the intent is never actually there.

My advice is to please keep the relationship woes to personal facebook pages rather than bring it elsewhere, especially when most everyone is much younger. I get what you are going through. I have friends going through similar situations. It's not an uncommon problem. You're not alone. But it does not help with making people feel more comfortable with your presence in the comm or at convention events.

Also please cut your bangs, my dude. <3

>> No.9719784

>>9719760
If men behave like this on cgl why shouldn’t we hate them? I’m not even in your country and I already hate this loser from his behaviour here.

>> No.9719790

>>9719779
There’s also the expecting women to pick out his clothes for him like they’re his mommy. Tell him to cut that out, too.

>> No.9719798

>>9719784
Yeah seriously, this person just sounds like a pathetic loser and doesn't get why he's an ita and no one likes him.

>> No.9719808

>>9719376
Did you reply to the wrong thing?

>> No.9719863

>>9719760
I'm sad that this guy's comm seems to be ignoring all the red flags he is presenting.

>Every mention of outfits is accompanied with a comment about someone else dressing him.
Very common sissy behavior/ fantasy.

>Despite buying a lot of brand he refuses to learn about the fashion on his own or better how he looks in it and requires others to make choices for him
Again this hint toward sissy play with the enjoyment of others 'forcing' him to dress up.

>He posts about his need for a gf in public lolita fashion groups.
Showing a lack of understanding and/or respecting social boundaries.

>He makes every situation about his maleness, not accounting that he seems to be tolerated in his comm and hasn't made an attempt to better himself in anyway.
Again pushing boundaries and putting the blame for his lack of social awareness and poor dressing on 'being a guy'

>Responds to every negative comment and barely comments to people supporting him
Sissy/humiliation seekers often enjoy talking to those who berate them online often seeking it out.

>> No.9719907

>>9719863
Agreed. I'm trying to read his posts while imagining them coming from a female just to make sure it's really not his maleness that's pinging my radar, but even as a girl or woman he sounds annoying and extremely immature at best.

My comm actually had a forty-something woman join who sounded very similar to this guy. She wanted us to decide all her coords for her, got too personal too fast including with minors, focused on "haters" while ignoring everyone who tried to help her and then blamed her age as the reason nobody wanted to be her BFF. She actually ended up being banned when it turned out she'd been harassing and threatening several members via PM after they gave her good but non-sugarcoated advice. Apparently she still hangs around local anime cons and tells anyone who will listen that our community is full of horrible bullies who banned her for no reason.

>> No.9720212

>>9719808
whoops my bad, I meant to respond to >>9718724

>> No.9720518

>>9719210
Yes, that is them. Many of them have the tights or otks and headbow that came with them. I'm a little scared on the bangs thing because I've ruined a couple wigs trying that. I'll just trim a little bit at a time.

>> No.9720534

>>9719183
Oh yeah just go to Sephora as a guy and ask them to do your makeup. It's totally not awkward at all.
Moron. If he's not confident as a lolita how do you expect him to be confident going to Sephora to get his makeup done?

>> No.9720538

>>9719863
Oh my god the strawmen you just created. He didn't say other people were actually dressing him they were helping him coord properly.
Second, he said he was going to try to improve. HE JUST SAID IT.
3rd. Asking for advice is not "making others make choices for him". And it doesn't prove he's a sissy. Obvious Strawman is obvious.
4th. I've never seen this in the group and you have no proof that he did this. Shut the fuck up about it until you can prove it.
5th. Well that's all you gulls seem to complain about when it comes to his coords so...
6th. He did respond to my earlier comment. So another Strawman.

>> No.9720539

So a new admin of my local page keeps using our comm page to promote her personal page. Like she'll link posts she makes on her personal Lolita/Cosplay page under the guise of "it's Lolita related", but it's not really discussion posts and more seemingly promotional. It seems annoying, but do you all think it's really that big of a deal?

>> No.9720550

Unless you can all prove that He is a sissy, and prove that he actually has been a creep towards members of his comm, you have no bearing trying to smear his reputation. You're just trying to put innocent people down and cause drama. It doesn't help the Ohio comm and it doesn't help the lolita comm in general. Just fucking stop.

>> No.9720554

>>9720550
I know several brolitas who are closeted sissies. I have enough information to take them down and willing to spread it on here.

>> No.9720563

>>9720554
Okay as long as they keep it to themselves why do you have any reason to expose them? It's none of your fucking business. You shouldn't even be asking about it. Especially if you don't like involving it with lolita.

>> No.9720596

>>9720554
Oh and it makes you just as much of a creep as you think they are. A different kind of creep but a creep none the less

>> No.9720635

>>9720563
If someone else is aware that they're sissies then they're not "keeping it to themselves" are they?

>> No.9720696

>>9720534
Are you an idiot? Anon said to go to sephora and get help such as foundation match, not to ask them to do his makeup. If he's not confident as a lolita then he should just quit, honestly. His terrible coords show it, too.

>> No.9720698

>>9720550
We don't have to prove that he is a sissy. Other than saying he's willing to improve, he still comes off as a creep and a pathetic loser. His coords look terrible and he kept making up excuses. He kept saying that his roomie helps him do makeup and get dressed and that he prefers it that way. That's pretty fucked up, and it validates his original complaints that people just don't like him.

>> No.9720781

>>9720554
>I know several brolitas who are closeted sissies. I have enough information to take them down and willing to spread it on here.

Wait, did you just admit you're stalking brolitas to try to gather info on them? That is pretty creepy.

>> No.9720883

>>9720698
Maybe he doesn’t want to deal with Lolita’s who treat him like shit so he asks his cosplay friend/roomie. I don’t blame him. I blame closed minded and ignorant people like you.

>> No.9720919

>>9720550
You don't even know much about sissies. You just think sissies to perverse things. Most sissies want to be feminine, but also value their feminity and refrain from perverse activity. The real threats are the men who stalk and solicit sissies for sex.

>> No.9721053

>>9720883
Good. Maybe he can go back to only hanging out with the cosplayers, too.

>> No.9721143

Looks like we have a full with a salty vagina who is full of hate. I know the person from the Ohio comm. He is not a sissy at all and not a creep. He needs to work on his skills, but didn't we all need help on the beginning?

>> No.9722660

Anyone have deets on the Las Vegas comm? I want to join their FB group, but haven't gotten a response to my request and it seems really small, are they still active?

>> No.9722944

>>9722660

They are still active & are now a smaller comm as a good amount of formerly inactive members were removed. There were also some possibly problematic members as well that were included so the mods may be a little more picky with who they allow into the group.

>> No.9723103

>>9720538
stop defending yourself, old man
lol this is fucking pathetic just get the fuck out of the community you dont even do your own makeup - that IS part of your sissy fantasy isnt it?

>> No.9723107

>>9720883
>all this obvious self white knighting

>> No.9723483

>>9723103
>>9723107
You're a fucking idiot.

>> No.9723496

>>9723103
I'm his friend and you're a retard but what the fuck ever. Believe what you want but I think you're all making ridiculous assumptions about a person only based on appearances. Until you have proof that he's a pedo or is acting like a creep then fuck right off.

>> No.9725288

>>9720539
I can kind of understand if she's using her blog posts to pose questions and it's sparking actual discussion, but just posting 'check out my wardrobe post from my blog!' Or whatever I agree, that's annoying.

>> No.9725812

Are there any active PA comms? I don't see too much (recent) info on any. The most I see near my area is a Philly comm that hasn't posted anything since 2013.

>> No.9726048

>>9725812
PGH Lolitas and Frilladelphia are the two main Comms in Pennsylvania.