[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 80 KB, 480x640, IMG_2613.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9735399 No.9735399 [Reply] [Original]

Things in Lolita or Jfashion that ruffle your pettis.

>these fucking baby socks
>fatty-chans wearing food prints
>people thinking it's okay to wear unflattering cuts or colors just because it's Jfash

>> No.9735703

>>9735399
>fatties stretching out brand,having to alternate it or sew two dresses together
>sissies and kinksters in general (especially fucking ageplayers and littles)
>newbies that just don't seem to want to learn (no concrit pwease :3 that's mean)
>how soft and sensitive the community has become aka not being able to tell kinksters to heck off because it might hurt their feelings

>> No.9735705

>>9735399
People on cgl voicing their opinions really kills it for me honestly.

I'm embarrassed for you guys.

>> No.9735707

>>9735705
t. fatty

>> No.9735711

>>9735703
>how soft and sensitive the community has become aka not being able to tell kinksters to heck off because it might hurt their feelings
Seconded, and I hope the community snaps out of this "no kinkshaming uwu" delusion soon because this shit is hurting us. Kinksters give up their right for basic respect when they decide to shit on everyone else and share their degeneracy with the general public.

>> No.9735714

>>9735707
>not aware that someone is currently trolling the board with the same "foto" shit over and over.

Anon. Get with it.

>> No.9735715

>>9735714
Sorry I don't spend my whole day lurking?

>> No.9735716

>>9735705
You shouldn't let others' opinions ruin something for you. Since you can't control others' actions, maybe you can control the way you feel or react to things you don't like.

>> No.9735727

>>9735705
Foto-anon, aren't you tired of shitting up threads already? No one buys into your bs.

>> No.9735730

>>9735399
>these fucking baby socks
what's wrong with them? unless you're a fatty chan with thunder calves or can't coord for shit they look fine

>> No.9735732

>>9735730
>people can't dislike how something looks without being fat

>> No.9735736

>>9735732
>being this defensive when no one called you a fatty
they were saying the socks look bad on fatties, dumbass

>> No.9735738

>>9735730
At one point they were a meme accessory like madonna crowns, pegnoirs or star clips that people would add in even if it didn't look good with the coord.

>> No.9735751

>>9735727
They obviously do and you are all retarded for replying, even you

>> No.9735757

>>9735751
What? this reply doesn't even make sense.

>> No.9735763

>taobao
>All the lolitas that support it
>Can't say anything negative about it or people assume I'm calling them a poorfag
>Cheap chubby ita walking in late to q&a with Japanese brand and asking about when they'll offer affordable dresses for a younger audience
>Polyester
>Acrylic fur
>Plastic jewelry
>Cheap unsustainable materials in general

>> No.9735769

>>9735763
>>taobao
>All the lolitas that support it
>Can't say anything negative about it or people assume I'm calling them a poorfag

THIS and anyone who insists it's the same quality as brand.

>> No.9735773

>>9735769
I don’t think I’ve ever seen anybody say that, I’ve only ever seen people say it’s good for the price or it’s not as bad as people say it is

>> No.9735774

>>9735773
You need to lurk more if you've really never seen someone argue about Taobao being on the same level as brand, it happens all the time.

>> No.9735782

>>9735773
Plenty of people in my comm insist that some Taobao brands are on par with Japanese brand, and I’m pretty sure I’ve seen anons say it here on cgl too.
I do own several pieces by Chinese brands that are considered “top tier” (Krad, Dear Celine) and while I like them, they’re still not as nice as the pieces I have from Japanese brands. But I’m not allowed to say that anywhere because it’s elitism and budget-shaming or whatever. People take everything so fucking personally nowadays.

Also To Alice is actual trash and it makes me a little angry to seeing pop up on Closet Child.

>> No.9735784

>>9735782
>budget shaming

This is the dumbest argument when there's AP and Baby on LM for literally $60 and I get so salty every time they try and use it as an excuse.

>> No.9735792

>>9735784
>there's AP and Baby on LM for literally $60
Honestly though, the cheaper items on LM are usually ugly as fuck, plain (nothing wrong with plain, but the newer taobao lolitas seem to buy the ott sweet dresses), or damaged beyond repair. The nicer looking dresses at that price get bought within minutes. I have yet to buy a nice dress that's one I actually like off LM for under $120. Just because a dress is by AP doesn't mean it automatically = a dress people will want. I personally hate taobao dresses and think the quality is 9/10 pure shit, but people always arguing that you can go on LM and find an endless amount of dresses you'll WANT for $60 is bs too.

>> No.9735796

>>9735784
Those aren’t the popular prints or OTT shit, though, and that’s what these people tend to want.

>> No.9735798

>>9735792
That's because buying on LM is in fact bullshit. The Japanese market is far superior, LM is overpriced as shit.

>> No.9735799

>>9735796
>taobao has "popular prints"

Lel

>> No.9735802

>>9735799
anon they were saying AP and Baby popular prints aren't being posted for $60 on LM

>> No.9735804

>>9735798
Agreed. It's much easier to find good dresses cheap from the Japanese market if you put in enough time.

>> No.9735805

>>9735763
>>9735769
Agree with all of this. For what it is, taobao is never worth the hassle even if it is cheaper. I get that people have different budgets but I don't get the people that hoard novelty meme dresses that will fall apart after a few wears. Taobao is like the fast fashion counterpart of lolita. An overwhelming amount of trendy over designed crap that is inexpensive but isn't made to last. It feels so disposable and cheap to me with little to no thought or attention to detail put into the design or construction at all. Most of all I hate seeing girls whine about struggling Japanese brands closing down when they don't even support them and instead buy every taobao axolotl print of the moment to take instagram photos.

Idk, I got into lolita when taobao wasn't really a thing and there was only really burando and bodyline. But the thing is people knew bodyline was cheap and it was just that, a cheap alternative to build a wardrobe or what people bought when they weren't ready to commit to the fashion/a substyle. No one ever creamed themselves over it the way they do with taobao, claiming it was the same quality as brand (except a few newbie itas). The people who do it with taobao are delusional. Yes there may be some good pieces and sometimes jp brands put out shit, but jp brands are just better overall and probably always will be.

I don't really care if people think I'm an elitist brandwhore, but I don't see why we automatically get crucified for being classist horrible cunts if we criticise taobao and state the obvious, brand is just better and probably always will be.

>> No.9735807

People that refuse to show you a dream dress list, but are constantly buying dresses off LM and proclaiming how each and every one was THE dream dress they had been looking for. It's only one person I know that does it but it really gets me going.

>> No.9735808

Any time someone with thicker legs wears some OTKs that end up being too small and turn into UTKs instead. There are around 5-10 girls in my comm who do this with every coord and they look so bad, I feel embarrassed. The rest of their coords tend to be fine if boring (full sets, white blouses, etc) but their fat legs look so bad in the too short socks. How do you not notice how bad it looks!? Take them off and wear some opaque tights or something!

>> No.9735810

>>9735808
Fat girls also warp printed tights and it makes me embarrassed for them.

>> No.9735815

>>9735807
I mean, I tend to like plain solids and simple patterns so I don’t really have much of a dream dress list. Like I know I would like a jacket in x cut and in x color but it doesn’t matter if it’s excentrique or iw to me.... not everyone has a list of pieces they ~need~ to have

>> No.9735820

>>9735815
Well I complained it was specifically one person, it's just specific salt I needed off my chest. And all of her "dream dresses" are easy-to-get AP prints (listed often) so I seriously doubt that's the case with her.

>> No.9735831
File: 383 KB, 608x296, 248928-109-2014-12-30141060.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9735399
Back when I was a fatty (more like whale) chan, I was afraid to wear food-prints and honestly, I'm glad I didn't wear them cause now I too laugh at how ironic it is when a fatty wears a donut print.
I'm a size (western) XS now though so I can can wear a donut print if I wanted but now I don't want to wear sweet lolita any more kek.

This print is still really cute though.

>> No.9735835

>>9735831
It's best you avoided it really.

>> No.9735846

>>9735703
>having to alter or sew two dresses together
Not a problem, brand is not communal property and you're allowed to do whatever the fuck you want with your clothes.
>altering brand in a shit way
Problem.
>stretching out brand and then reselling it for undamaged prices
Problem.

>> No.9735851

>Age-players/kinksters/nymphets/sissies/furries/snowflakes/attention whores/pervs annoy me.
>People defending horrible ita coords..
>People that can't take polite concrit and get all defensive and pissy.
>People sjw-ing in comms, just fuck off with your politics, the point of this fashion is to have fun wearing pretty dresses for fucks sake, bitch elsewhere.
>People wearing super ill fitting things, doesn't matter what shape you are, if it's ill fitting it's gonna look like shit.
>Really bad wigs, especially with uncut bangs or unstyled, flat, unkempt, greasy, fried, unloliable neon/bright/unnatural colored, unloliable cut natural hair.
>Dem ugly ass baby socks.
>No make-up, seriously even badly applied make-up is better than nothing.
>Ita's messing up otherwise nice comm pics.
>Fandom shit. Or anything that looks like costumes.

>> No.9735853

>>9735851
>even bad makeup is better than no makeup

I agree with you on everything else. I've seen some fucking terrible makeup with otherwise good coords. A girl in my com tried to do a "melty chocolate" drip out of her lips and if looked like she smeared literal shit over her face.

>> No.9735858

>>9735853
I meant girlyhoot type of badly applied make-up, but damn that sounds awful!

>> No.9735861

>>9735805
I agree 100% anon. I also got into lolita when all there was was brand and bodyline (and shitty milanoo garbage).
Taobao is fine for accessories but the dresses aren't very good. If they were like 10 dollars, hell, maybe. But the fact that a lot of Taobao dresses are still 50+ dollars is ridiculous considering the quality. There's secondhand brand dresses available for that amount.
I bought my first Taobao dress a few months back because the print was cute. Within 2 months of owning it and only wearing it twice the zipper broke (I'm quite small, so it's not like I was squeezing myself into it)
Taobao is killing brand and I wish more people understood that. Newbies are getting into Lolita and being told how ~wonderful~ Taobao is. Taobao is only good for looks- wearability and longevity is garbage. Fuck, even Bodyline's dresses are better quality than Taobao's and that's saying something.
Taobao is "cute", but not good quality and certainly not worth the price. People should be pushing for newbies to get older brand pieces rather than support low quality Chinese brands. Some Taobao is fine and good quality, but a majority of it is absolute shit. Japan puts more love into what they make (Not all of Japan, but a majority, especially lolita brands) and China is.. well.. not so caring.
My biggest pet peeve is girls who wear only taobao dresses, so I feel you anon. I really do.

>> No.9735872

>>9735805
>Most of all I hate seeing girls whine about struggling Japanese brands closing down when they don't even support them and instead buy every taobao axolotl print of the moment to take instagram photos.

All price and quality issues aside, Taobao print designers filled a niche that had been in demand for a very long time but very few Japanese designers were rising to meet: novelty prints. And especially after OTT sweet had saturated the market and left little room for experimentation with print themes other than dessert, people were clamoring for something more and Taobao gave it to them.

I've been happy to see AP moving in a more trend-driven and novelty-driven direction without sacrificing their more signature AP pieces alongside the more trendy pieces. IW too has been exploring trends, especially the celestial trend, which has been really cool, while never losing their IW feel. I think if more brands had tried to fill that niche that Taobao filled instead, they would have been more successful.

>> No.9735873

>>9735399
I guess I'm the cancer killing lolita, because I love those socks. I think they're extremely versatile and add a nice level of detail to most coords they're worn with.

How to tell the taobao replicas from the originals though?

>> No.9735874

>>9735873
>how to tell the taobao replicas from the originals though?

lol newfag

>> No.9735876

>>9735805
Yes, exactly this. I feel like we could be friends, anon.

>> No.9735880

>>9735872
All AP has been doing is trendy shit like galaxy prints and Fancy Hospital and rehashes of previous popular designs, like Misty Sky -> Khronos Utopia.

>> No.9735881

>>9735880
>All AP has been doing is trendy shit

This isn't true, but even if it was it would make sense a brand would release things that are in demand. Go be triggered that you can't afford brand elsewhere.

>> No.9735887

>>9735880
>all a brand has been doing is stuff that sells well

wow

what a shock

clearly this is an outrage

>> No.9735891

>>9735881
>>9735887
I don't think it's a bad thing necessarily, because it is selling well, but it's kind of dumb to say "I wish AP was doing X" when that's exactly what they're already doing.

Only tangentially related but I only have 3 taobao dresses, brand makes up most of my wardrobe.

>> No.9735894

>>9735880
I am literally on AP webshop right now and this isn't true lol

they do plenty of trendy shit but plenty of classy shit and traditional AP sweets vomit shit

they're doing good business because they know how to cater to all facets of their audience

>> No.9735897

>>9735872
I disagree anon. AP and Baby both have their novelty prints, and they are releasing quite often now. Taobao just has it at a cheaper price and faster turnover (because China).

>> No.9735901

>>9735874
well how do you tell then?

>> No.9735908

>>9735861
>Taobao is killing brand and I wish more people understood that. Newbies are getting into Lolita and being told how ~wonderful~ Taobao is. Taobao is only good for looks- wearability and longevity is garbage.

Exactly this. I also think with the rise of social media people are more focused about their coords looking good in photos and not much else. But as a real person that wears the fashion I want things that stand the test of time and I can actually wear outside. I don't wear fast fashion either for the same reason. Maybe I just value different things when I shop for clothes than others.

>>9735876
I'm glad to hear others agree with me, I sometimes feel like the only person that doesn't like the effect taobao has had on the fashion. Sure it's nice that lolita is more accessible but not at the expense of the (now struggling) Japanese brands that pioneered the fashion in the first place and still continue to release well designed, high quality pieces. Seeing brands like VM and even magazines like the GLB suffer and eventually die off really depresses me.

>> No.9735923

>>9735792
I've gotten a Rose Toilette skirt in fantastic condition for $60 and Dream Fantasy JSK for $70 (including the matching headbow) albeit with a nearly invisible stain.

I've gotten like 4 printed AP jsks/ops in the 90-130 range this past year.

>> No.9735927

>>9735705
Oh well
>Shugs.jpeg

>> No.9735928
File: 13 KB, 236x314, cab1bacd144811dabb8a017c43834dab--schoolgirl-style-japanese-models.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'm salty that lolita models look so similar. Anna Tsuchiya modeling for BABY was such a breath of fresh air, and she isn't even far from the mold. I genuinely miss Moon Kana and IW's Draco-chan. I hope we get some interesting new lolita models next year.

>> No.9735929

>>9735763
I love plastic jewelry I just wish it was sold for cheaper.

>> No.9735930

>>9735928
This is racist

>> No.9735932

>>9735928
>Look so similar
Maybe you're not used to Asian faces, anon. They look pretty different to me.
I'd like to see some less uguu~babyvoice models, though. Misako and the girls who sound like her really bother me.

I will say: why doesn't Yumi Fujiwara ever model for her own brand? She is so elegant and also looks very different to other lolitas on account of her age.

>> No.9735934

This has been mentioned a few times, but taobao. I've seen tons of reviews of taobao items, tons of pictures and I'm not impressed. I honestly do like some of the designs at times (specifically military designs, since they seem to be less common for brands and it's my favorite lolita and what I wear most often] but I'm definitely not impressed with any of it that I have seen in reality. Subpar lace, shitty construction, cheap.. I mena, I guess you get what you pay for, but just about everything in my wardrobe is 2nd hand brand, most of it only worn supposedly once or twice, and quite a bit still had the tag on it when I got it... most for cheaper or similar priced to taobao shit.

>> No.9735955

I'm so sick of polyester chiffon blouses. Why did cotton go out of fashion? I don't understand.

>> No.9735956

Lolitas that constantly whine on social media and in person about how broke they are, how they can't find work, please buy their crappy handmade/ art because they need it oh so bad, and then turn around and buy a brand new AP release in the same week.

Rinse and repeat.

>> No.9735981

>>9735955
For me, I prefer chiffon because cotton wrinkles badly and always lays really... weird? I don’t like how stuffy it looks. I’ve always preferred chiffon or cutsews so I don’t mind

>> No.9736000

>>9735901
Buy them new from Baby duh

>> No.9736010

>>9736000
How do you tell when they are on other people?

>> No.9736014

>>9736000
>>9736010
this, and how do you tell if you buy them secondhand?

>> No.9736021

>>9736010
>>9736014
Look at the quality of the material and structure of the garment. If you buy secondhand and it's hard to tell in photos, ask for pictures of the tags as proof. Match it up with what's on lolibrary if it has a listing for it.

>> No.9736036 [DELETED] 
File: 73 KB, 720x960, IMG_2585.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Hiiiii everyone ^_^ my name is kat! I was wondering if someone could do a read on me and my bf? :3 we've been together for a few weeks and I want to marry him.

uwu he's shy about his looks but here we are doing an Evangelion cosplay!!! I think it's a good picture.

>> No.9736093

>>9736021
nayrt but you clearly didn't read the context of what they were talking about, did you?

>> No.9736095

>>9736093
I'm >>9736014 and what >>9736021 said was very helpful so I don't know what you're implying

>> No.9736109

>>9736093
You're an idiot.

>> No.9736112

>>9736021
>>9736095
Socks (especially secondhand) will not have tags, or measurements to match on lolibrary, and they're gonna look the same in this case.

>> No.9736114

>>9736112
well shit, I guess I'm stuck buying new from baby then

>> No.9736116

>>9736114
why would you even want to buy secondhand socks

>> No.9736123

>>9736116
because I want a design that isn't available anymore

>> No.9736126

>>9736112
>they're gonna look the same

The quality on baby vs knockoffs is noticeably better despite how shitty the design is.

>> No.9736151

>>9735798
Disagree, the Japanese market is getting more expensive for oldschool while the western market is getting cheaper as more people get lucky packs and dresses change hands more and more. At least in what I'm buying. I went from buying almost monthly from secondhand shops in JP to buying maybe twice a year now, they are overpriced compared to western sellers

>> No.9736159

>>9735872
AP designs suck lately though. They are uncreative and other than the Halloween release, misty sky, and fancy hospital, didn't even sell well. I was surprised the bunny LP was so popular but maybe it was the price?

People buy taobao because you can buy retarded crazy shit that brands don't make like zombie prints, wild west prints, bunnies in tanks, cats with rifles, and Doge. If Metamorphose released it, I would but it. But they are releasing literally nothing I want anymore. Everything is so bland and boring. The last print from them I liked was the matryoshka doll, but even that was not that unique

>> No.9736162

>>9736159
What I’m hearing is you have terrible taste

>> No.9736164

>>9736159
>I was surprised the bunny LP was so popular
With all the bitching about how the new generation of sweet lolitas only like print pieces, I was surprised at this too.

>> No.9736173

>>9735808
>>9735810
This. I'm not fat, but I do have wide, muscular calves so I have to be careful. I'm short enough that most OTKs are still OTKs, but not all, and printed tights need to be high denier so the designs don't fade or warp when stretched.

It kills me when I see other girls with big calves ignore the problem like it doesn't exist and proceed to wear whatever. I know they have mirrors, but it's like they're in denial that it looks bad.

Most girls in this fashion have no clue how to dress for their body type in general.

>> No.9736181

>>9736159
>People buy taobao because you can buy retarded crazy shit that brands don't make
Despite what normies think, lolita isn't supposed to be some joke. Now, stay with me anon, but some of us actually want to look elegant and well put together. If I want some crazy design, I'll go to listen flavor not try to incorporate it into lolita. Most jp brands have too much pride to throw away their values to knowingly create retard meme dresses.

>> No.9736188
File: 2.65 MB, 4640x3480, IMG_20171230_001629.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9736112
Socks usually have the brand name printed on the foot and/or sizing information for the lace socks.

>> No.9736258

>>9735930
no its not.

>>9735932
>Maybe you're not used to Asian faces, anon. They look pretty different to me.
Its not it

>I'd like to see some less uguu~babyvoice models, though. Misako and the girls who sound like her really bother me.
Its IS it.

>> No.9736261

>>9736258
This reply doesn't make sense

>> No.9736263

>>9736126
yeah, but HOW do you tell that something have better quality over the other thing?

>> No.9736265

>>9736263
You can't be serious? Do you not have eyes or

>> No.9736267

>>9736261
its not about "asian faces and people all looking the same", but about how I'd like to see some less uguu~babyvoice models, and more variety in presentation and models when showing stuff

>> No.9736323

>>9736151
Oldschool is making a comeback but I haven't seen any outrageous prices, except for the red Elizabeth OP set. Westerners and Eurofags still think it's okay to make a profit off secondhand items. 5 years ago no one would have cared. But the secondhand market is barely moving now. It's pointless to buy from Westerners trying to recoup their money when you can just buy the same dress for half the cost off Mercari or Y!AJ

>> No.9736335

>>9735956
In that vein (although I love sewing), lolitas who have an ‘indie brand’ and constantly talk about how much better/more unique handmade is, but only wear brand and rarely their own handmade stuff. A girl flounced from my comm a while ago because us ~toxic brandwhores~ weren’t buying her mediocre handmade pieces. Which she seemingly only sold so she could use the money to buy brand herself. If you don’t stand by your own product, why should anyone else?

>> No.9736345
File: 317 KB, 800x1422, 2213198074808.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9735932
>why doesn't Yumi Fujiwara ever model for her own brand?
Holy shit, seconded. She's stunning and everything I aim to be.

>> No.9736349

>>9735932
>>9736345
Silly anons, then she would no longer have any time left to shitpost on cgl!

Joking aside, I’d love to see her model her own pieces more often. She’s such an inspiration to me.

>> No.9736351

I love AP and most of my stuff is from them, but I'm mad at their quality. Most of my stuff is older, but I also own and hve seen plenty of their newer releases. All of their things are made in China and it's showing. You have to resew buttons before wearing a dress, you hve to bring dresses to professional places to get them cleaned. The fabric choices in general are pretty meh.

When I see baby in comparison, their quality is pretty high as most of their stuff is still getting produced in Japan, hence why i can understand their prices.

Also, fatties/landwhales who ruin the fashion for girls who aren't fat but might have bigger boobs or so. Yes, you fatties ruin it for us. Because everytime one of us says she has a +90cm bust ppl will assume we're fatties and squeeze our selves into dresses damn. It makes me so salty.

>> No.9736354

>>9735805
I have a surface spell velvet dress that i absolutely love. I take care of it as much as my brand. And I have to say, the quality is waaaay better than my 2 other taobao dresses.
I also have a diamond honey jsk that i like to wear casually, even if the quality is way plainer than brand.
The thing is, you can get emotionnally attached over clothes if you wear them often, even if it's not top tier quality.
I only buy brand nowadays, but sometimes having cheaper, plainer stuff is good to wear at concerts, parties etc where you could get your brand dirty.

>> No.9736362

>>9736351
>everytime one of us says she has a +90cm bust ppl will assume we're fatties and squeeze our selves into dresses damn.
This is me anon, I’m sorry. I know that girls with large boobs on smaller frames exist hypothetically, but every single person I’ve ever heard complain about their boobs not fitting brand was obese and had a waist measurement that was probably only a few cm smaller than their bust. A lot of them claim to be like you, that all the women in their family have large boobs so even if they lost weight their bust measurement wouldn’t change. But they don’t even try! Like even if their bust doesn’t change much, they could fit into more skirts and other pieces if they lost weight, right? They’d also be healthier and probably feel better about themselves, so where’s the downside to trying? But they won’t. I wonder if they secretly believe that their chest will shrink if they lost weight and don’t want to be proven wrong, or something.

>tfw one of only two skinny cousins in an “everyone in our family is obese, it’s genetics, we can’t help it!” family so this subject makes me extra salty

>> No.9736372

>fandom lolita
>sissies and ageplayers
>hamplanets who are so fat they don't need a petti. for the amount of money you're spending on getting jumbo custom sized lolita pieces, you could get a gym membership instead
>messy bedrooms/backgrounds in photos. clean your fucking room!
>piercings, tattoos, edgy short haircuts, or "tumblr-core" aesthetics mixed into sweet lolita
>those wigs with the clip-in curly twintails, they almost always look cheap. itas ruined them for everybody
>"busy" prints that hurt to look at. cream cookie parade is a good recent example, especially the blue colorway
>"xDD random" poses in photos
>bib collars
>cat tights

>> No.9736373

>>9736372
>bib collars
Personal favorites of mine, though they have been oddly everywhere recently.

>> No.9736374

>>9736372
People still wear cat tights in 2017? Yikes.

>> No.9736382

>>9736372
>piercings, tattoos, edgy short haircuts, or "tumblr-core" aesthetics mixed into sweet lolita
IMO these are even worse in classic. Nothing annoys me more than hardcore tumblr types with green pixie cuts and bad tattoos putting on a brown dress and suddenly acting like they’re so elegant Victorian Marie Antoinette UwU

>> No.9736403

>>9736362
Nah the thing is I can fit 90% of brand without squeezing. It's because my waist is indeed a lot smaller than my bust and many brands especially ap and baby have things that fit a +100cm bust.

But I see your argument. Most of the girls here complaining they don't fit brand because uwuu large bust mainly don't fit it because they're indeed fat around the waist, arms and so on.

>> No.9736405

>>9736403
I have a wide ribcage (and luckily tiny boobs but still... bust is 93cm) and I can fit most brand because my waist is small, too. I agree that most people who complain about brand not fitting are too big in the waist, or haven't even tried... there are quite a few pieces with shirring and not that will fit as long as your waist isn't huge

>> No.9736408

>>9736405
You're forgetting that bodies are different in more than just measurements. For example, my bust and waist measurements are great for lolita but my long torso makes many pieces fit awkwardly so I have to be very picky about the cuts and pieces I wear.

>> No.9736415

>>9736408
I'm 5'10, so I know how it is, but I can still wear brand

>> No.9736417

>>9736415
So can I, I'm just saying that finding things that fit nicely in these circumstances takes more trial and error and willingness to try and make mistakes.

>> No.9736420

>>9736382
Yourpervert, katzixx .... You sound jealous

>> No.9736426

>>9736420
nayrt but they both look good because they know how to style themselves. hardcore tumblr types by default don't know how to style themselves, they're just a mishmash of poorly executed ~alternative~ attributes.

>>9736405
i don't know why people think it's so difficult. i'm 33b 24w now and my options are pretty open, but when i first got into lolita i was 38b 30w and didn't have an issue finding pieces that fit me. measurements are listed everywhere, especially since we have lolibrary, fatties have no excuse being like "bawww nothing fits meeeee" like bitch there's plenty of shit that will fit you and it's not hard to find

>> No.9736467

>>9736351
>All of their things are made in China and it's showing. You have to resew buttons before wearing a dress, you hve to bring dresses to professional places to get them cleaned. The fabric choices in general are pretty meh.
>When I see baby in comparison, their quality is pretty high as most of their stuff is still getting produced in Japan, hence why i can understand their prices.

No? A lot of Baby is also made in China. And AP still produces some releases in Japan. Almost all of AP's blouses are made in Japan as well. Check the tags before you make such claims.

>> No.9736470

>>9736467
not the anon you replied to but all my baby stuff is made in japan. granted, I haven't purchased anything new from baby in... well.. I think my oldest baby piece is 2009, so I'm probably just talking out my ass lol

>> No.9736476

>>9736467
I know that baby gets their kumyas and some blouses/releases produced in China, but it's mostly done in Japan. Like, more of baby is made in Japan then AP. And AP releases definitely lack quality but I'm.still throwing my money at them. Probably they have the same problems as LizLisa had (they now hve a new manufacturer)

>> No.9736480

>>9736323
What are you buying on y!j because that's the worst offender imo. I used to get great deals on mbok but now it's dead. I got a few good deals on Fril and Mercari but they go fast. Whereas on LM I can get main pieces under 150 every time compared to paying 160-170 after fees and shipping for a dress off y!j. I mostly buy baby, so maybe that's why. I have bought a couple of AP mains on y!j but only saved maybe 30$ compared to the western market and probably not after shipping and fees

>> No.9736483

>>9736408
asians actually have much longer torsos than westerners so you’d think they’d design the dresses to accomidate

>> No.9736485

>>9736483
Don't know, standard cuts in lolita don't line up where my bust and waist are. It's simple enough to solve but it does mean I can't wear absolutely everything I want.
>inb4 stop whining lol
>not whining, just saying

>> No.9736764

>>9736372
Cream cookie parade isn't busy.

>> No.9736771

>>9736420
Neither of those have genderkweer danger hair, though?

>> No.9736858

>>9736470
I've bought a lot of new baby and aatp stuff (from their website) this past year and it's all been made in Japan. Mostly skirts and jsks (both printed and unprinted) and I bought an aatp blouse last month, all made in Japan. I also bought an aatp blouse last year that was made in China though so I think while it varies, I think it's safe to say the majority of their clothing is still made in Japan. Their accessories, kumyas etc are probably mostly made in China. There probably are other random series that get produced in China for some reason or another.

As for recent AP I can't say much as I only own a few cutsews I bought last year that were made in Japan, and and a printed OP from early this year that was made in China. Overall I just like Baby's designs more so I just tend to buy from them more, I trust that their stuff is mostly made in Japan whereas with AP who knows.

>>9736476
What happened to Liz Lisa?

>> No.9736880

>>9736858
LL had huge quality issues, mainly such as buttons falling off in an instant, loose threads etc, but that was due to a bad manufacturer, now they got a new one.

I do think that AP might have a similar issues as I do believe that the stuff which is made in Japan (though I've never seen any, but maybe because I'm mainly i terested in their dresses?) doesn't have issues quality wise. But the stuff produced in china is questionable. Eg whenever I see holy lantern or halloween treats, I know they look lovely on photos but in reality they're not much better than a trashbag (doesn't mean that I don't love these to bits because they're pretty, I'm just talki.g quality wise here)

>> No.9736892

>>9736405
>small boobs
>wide ribcage
>93 cm bust

what the hell... are you a man?!

>> No.9736894

>>9736892
I've a a friend who's stick thin, who has similar measurements. She literally has zero boobs, but nearly the same circumference as I, because ribcage.

>> No.9736897

>>9736880
Ah that makes sense, I used to buy a lot of LL back in 2012-2014 and their stuff was decent, but I eventually got sick of their style and haven't bought much in a while to know about their manufacturing change or anything.

I get what you mean about AP, I only have one dress of theirs and it's well sewn and has custom lace and stuff, but it is made in China and the fabric itself (thin polyester chiffon) is kinda scratchy and uncomfortable to wear for a long period of time. It's really pretty but quality and fabric wise I was kind of underwhelmed compared to my past purchases from baby. Right now I just have it on a dress form so I can look at it since it's pretty but just not the most practical or comfortable to wear.

I think compared to AP, Baby/aatp have a lot more variety in both the fabrics they use and the amount of cuts for each series they put out so I'm always more inclined to buy from them. The fact they're more likely to be made in Japan than China is a plus too.

>> No.9736900

Just got AP's Lovely Snow Fantasy the other day. It says it was made in Myanmar. I adore the quality, personally. It's really nice for a chiffon printed piece.

>> No.9736905

>>9736892
Sadly, nope. I'm a tall-ish female. It's weird because my mother and my sister both have at least C/D cups and are 5 inches shorter. lol

>> No.9736912

>>9736470
Older stuff, I could believe it.

>>9736476
I just looked in their store this past month and I didn't find anything made in Japan. I always check tags before I buy firsthand when I can. Maybe you've just been lucky.

>> No.9736916

>>9736900
wow! congrats on getting that dress anon, i wanted it really bad but it was far out of my price range after holiday spending.

>> No.9736950

>>9736372
what are you talking about. cream cookie parade is fine.

>> No.9736951

>people who post second hand links and auctions outside the WTB and dream dress thread
>that shitty cheap looking satin fabric that Baby uses to ruin every single release I like
>hoarders with a wardrobe full of beautiful dresses they never even intend to wear
>"tea party vlogs" that only show the face of the person walking and talking the entire time
>Lonelitas who are especially vocal about not being in a comm
>normies who need some kind of special proof that we are humans and deserve basic respect too
>unboxing videos with shitty cameras or angles that barely show anything. For what purpose? Why waste time on it if I can't see what you bought?
>every comment on Rufflechat on every topic. It really is worse if you can see the people who are commenting.
>when a thing in your japanese second hand order smells really good and there's no chance you'll ever know what smell or perfume it is

>> No.9736960

>>9736951
And I forgot:
>Lolitas with bad posture. I'm guilty of this too sometimes, but at least try to sit/stand straight for pictures

>> No.9737055
File: 34 KB, 480x640, P13JS207-rose_1024x1024.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9736951
>that shitty cheap looking satin fabric that Baby uses to ruin every single release I like

yes ugh. that shit looks milanoo as fuck. and for that matter, so does AatP's weird fascination with asymmetrical skirts. that shit just gives off a "gothic lolita costume from ebay" vibe to me.

>> No.9737149

>>9736403
Whenever I mention having trouble fitting into a dress because of my bust I always get the "are you sure you're not just fat" comments. Yes! I'm sure! I have a nine inch difference between my waist and my bust! It's a problem!

>> No.9737153

>>9737149
Congrats, but you are a rarity.

Btw are you SURE you aren't just fat?

>> No.9737159

>>9737149
9 inch difference doesn’t really mean much lol
I’m 32-23-34 and I still look like a rectangle, 9 inches is not that big of a difference.

>> No.9737214

>>9735716
Its like there's no one else in the fashion that is worthwhile tho.

>> No.9737215

>>9735715
You don't have to post if you don't know what's going on.

>> No.9737218

>>9735799
They have prints that gain enough popularity to be sold on second hand sites.

>> No.9737219

>>9737215
I made the thread faggot

>> No.9737221

>>9735835
I kind of think its goofy when anachans wear sweet food prints. Like its obvious they don't actually like food.

>> No.9737226

>>9737221
How do you know someone is anorexic by looking at them? Thin =/= anorexic. You sound like a mad fatty.

>> No.9737259

>>9737221
Plus dresses like melty cream donut and baked sweets parade aren't exactly the smallest sided. They are more for average to chub sized girls, especially if you compare to other AP jsks like Astro Regimen and Milky Cross

>> No.9737264

>>9737259
Look fatty, people are going to laugh at you if you wear chocolate prints. If you're cool with people making fun of you for being disgusting and lacking self control then go for it.

>> No.9737267
File: 129 KB, 920x960, IMG_0996.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9737259
clearly this girl is fat and that's why she fills this out so nicely!

>> No.9737270
File: 132 KB, 768x1024, IMG_2629.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9737259
What a couple of fat fucks, fitting into MCD

>> No.9737271

>>9737267
Damn anon, how many Danielle pics do you have saved?

>> No.9737272
File: 96 KB, 768x960, IMG_2630.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9737271
I don't know, I'm googling coords for these. nice fucking argument though you cow.

>> No.9737274
File: 51 KB, 295x400, IMG_2632.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9737272
CLEARLY all these girls are THICC and that's why they fit!

>> No.9737276

>>9737259
fatties only say this because there's shirring.

MCD isn't TINY by any means but with the shirring unstretched it can conform to thin, human-sized bodies.

>> No.9737278
File: 99 KB, 526x960, IMG_2631.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9737274
As someone who owns both MCD and BSP I ask that you kindly keep quiet and shovel more food down your face. Just because it zips doesn't mean you fit. 99% of the time fatties look like sausages bursting from their casings in these two prints with a cherry made of irony on top.

>> No.9737281

>>9737226
I was just joking actually. I knew I'd get replies though.

Of course you can't tell someone is anorexic just be looking at them, they could be bulimic for all you know!

>> No.9737284

>>9737281
>I was only pretending to be retarded

Nice try fatty.

>> No.9737285
File: 154 KB, 1387x960, mintkismint other MCD coord.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9737271
That wasn't me, dillweed. See how you don't know who is posting.

I have quite a few. I like her coords. Her MCD coord was pretty popular though and it got posted a lot on cgl in the past. You can check the archive if you're not a neutral minded pansy.

>> No.9737289

>>9737281
Bulimics are usually at a normal weight or overweight but nobody blames you for not knowing this, normally fat people are rather dumb.

>> No.9737290
File: 307 KB, 1357x2048, 1438274577421.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9737284
How original of you.

You didn't get my second joke either because you're probably a sperg who doesn't understand mean humor. Ironic considering you come here and are having some conniption fit over fatties because you're so fucking triggered.

Here, have a chocolate print I like on a skinny girl. Don't want to keep offending you after all,

>> No.9737291

>>9737289
Source?

You seem inexperienced in the medical field. Forgive me for not just believing your obvious expertise, I just don't know about blindly accepting facts from anons.

>> No.9737292

>>9737290
Jokes are supposed to be funny. I got it, the bulimia "joke", but it's not funny and you literally are trying to pass your retardation off as

>t-twas a ruse

>> No.9737294

>>9737291
>source

Literally just use google and you'll find this. Keep being dumb and fat. But it's because often you can't vomit everything up and some calories are inevitably digested.

>> No.9737320

>>9737292
No, I've definitely gotten laughs before. Most people who are here have very low brow humor and enjoy memes from 2010 because they never actually left that year mentally.

I'm sure you get it now that I've pointed out. That's the convenient thing to do.

>>9737294
I know plenty of bulimics that are thin. Just because that happens doesn't make it so. There are some girls that are anorexic and bulimic too. Tell me all about their body weights.

You're only assuming I'm fat because that would give you the upper hand in the non existent argument that you just want to have.

We could all have a good laugh but eating disorders are a touchy subject for you.

>> No.9737327

>>9737320
>I'm sure you get it now that I've pointed out

Surely you're not up your own ass to this extent for real? If you are you should kill yourself.

>there are some girls who are anorexic and bulimic

technically you can only be one at a time. There is a binge/purge subtype for anorexia but they aren't diagnosed with both at the same time.

>> No.9737498

>>9737320
Anon, why are you letting some dumb ana talk to you like that?
Don't pay so much attention to people with mold growths and bad teeth, it's unhealthy by association.

>> No.9737500

>>9735738
Agreed, and they still kinda are. They're neat I guess, but I see them way too much.

>> No.9737537

>>9737159
Same here. If anon has a large bust and only a nine inch difference between her bust and waist, her waist is probably still quite big.

>> No.9737567

>>9737285
Get help for your obsession anon, she's not going to be your friend even if you save every picture of her.

>> No.9737580

Why do people write "leaving lolita!" in sales titles / posts. I don't care if you're leaving the fashion, I'm ultimately looking at the price. I assume that when people write that they're leaving their prices will be lower but they're not, I don't get it.

>> No.9737649

>>9736159
>muh lol so random!! XD prints
God I hate this shit with a passion. Lolita is a fashion with specific themes, not a drag and drop base for whatever stupid concept you find amusing. This goes for everyone who gushes over stupid niche themes when there's an 'ideas for prints' thread. No, AP does not need to release a cambrian period/molecular gastronomy/Star Wars themed border print so please fuck off back to plebbit with your insufferable le nerd girl bullshit.

>> No.9737652

>>9737580
It may be so people don’t ask for trades.

>> No.9737655

>>9735851
I can not understand how one can spend 300~500 usd+ on an outfit but not take the time/money to get some make up?? What the fuck. Just go to the drugstore, spend 20 usd and watch 2, maybe 3 YouTube tutorials, it's not that hard. If you can invest your time and money in nice clothes, you can definitely do the Same for make up. There's no excuse.

>> No.9737673

>>9735851
>>9737655
Where I'm from, it's not common for people to wear makeup. Office workers will at most only apply foundation and lipstick. Not even for weddings (unless you're getting married), prom and graduation. Point is, different societies have different expectations for wearing makeup. If wearing a $200 prom dress without makeup is fine, then why not lolita too?

>> No.9737674

>>9737567
I don't want to be her friend- I just like her coords. We have nothing in common, plus she is getting into classic which I don't really care for.

>> No.9737675

>>9737327
>If you are you should kill yourself
You are so fucking triggered it hurts.

>> No.9737682

Some people don't like wearing makeup, anons.

>> No.9737687

>>9737682
Then they probably shouldn't be in a fashion that's all about dressing up?

>> No.9737746

>>9737673
I..really wonder where you are from. Can you give a hint? Like continent wise. Sage for OT

>> No.9737751

>>9737746
AHALLU SNAKBAR

>> No.9737794

>>9737673
>>9737746
Curious about this too. Are you from Indonesia/Malaysia by chance? I've been to the middle east and while young girls don't wear makeup, women are all about it.

>> No.9737801

>>9737751
Really the middle east? I always had the impression women over there use more makeup that I could ever own. Or maybe indonesia? Malaysia?

>> No.9737803

>>9737687
some people don't like how make-up looks and look at your face and think it looks tacky and gross and it's a shame you're wearing that with such nice clothes

>> No.9737806

>>9737803
LOL, who?! And honestly this only could ever apply to caked on makeup cause light makeup always looks better than no makeup and people don't even recognize it as makeup.

You sound like a butthurt anon who got posted to the ita thread or told to wear light makeup or something. Just because your mom and dad tell you you look better with no makeup doesn't mean it's true. git gud with makeup

>> No.9737812

>>9737803
Honestly unless you cake it on most people look better with makeup. There's subtle ways to apply it too, that people wouldn't be able to tell you were wearing any unless they were makeup artists.

A well matching cream blush, some eyebrow powder to fill out your brows, a lip colored lip balm and a natural brown mascara can do WONDERS.

>> No.9737817

>>9737682
God. You remind me of every bitch I've come across that felt the need to tell me all about how they DO NOT wear make up, as if I ever fucking asked. No. It's always annoying cunts that see how much make up I have and instantly get upset.

What is your fucking deal anyway?

>> No.9737821

>>9737806
I know, I've been told to wear make-up when I was already wearing light make-up. The thing is, the person telling me looked really bad lol. In pictures she might look okay but irl it was gross and way too much, and I don't feel entitled to give her concrit about that. I prefer minimal make-up, but I don't go on CoF and start telling people to wear less make-up. Maybe you'll get nasty comments on CoF if you don't wear make-up (or appear like you don't) and maybe you'll look ugly but whatever. I'm not into this fashion to look appealing to others.

>> No.9737844

>>9737821
>i'm ugly and grumpy about it so I want to ruin makeup for others

>> No.9737852

>>9737806
>You sound like a butthurt anon who got posted to the ita thread
Oh here we go again. You can only be upset about something if you've been personally attacked.

>> No.9737853

>>9737682
Whenever I wear lolita with no makeup I just don't take pictures, easy

>> No.9737857

>>9737852
foto anon pls go

>> No.9737922

>getting upset about people not wearing make-up or about what other people wear
mostembarrassingbehavior.png

>> No.9737942

>>9737922
Hi newfag

>> No.9737955

>>9736164
Same, about 40% of my comm tried to get it. I had no clue why since it looked pretty boring to me, and not in a simple old-school kind of way.

>> No.9738019
File: 1.92 MB, 540x304, cowards.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>People who complain about taobao anonymously but never speak up about it on their social media/blog/in person.
You aren't doing anything to change the situation. Quality is just as important to lolita fashion as wearing a petticoat. If you can tell someone she has to wear a petticoat to be a lolita, you can tell somneone she has to wear better quality clothes to be a lolita. If you to convince people that your taobao purchase wasn't as good as brand or even worth the money, post a short review with pics.

>> No.9738028

>>9738019
I've spoken up about it but had to delete my posts on it after I got harassed by a bunch of bitter poorfags and fatties.

>> No.9738034

I'm a sweet lolita but I hate it when girls put their hair up in high pigtails (or pigtails in general but high ones are the worst offender). It looks terrible and childish on everyone and not in a cute way.
Double buns are cute,two braids are cute,but pigtails are awful.
Also tea party shoes. I used to love them but now they kind ruin a coord to me. They usually look bad.

>> No.9738040

>>9738028
Imagine if someone harassed you for saying lolitas should wear petticoats or lolitas shouldn't wear skirts of 30 cm long, would you have deleted your post then?

>> No.9738048

>>9738040
If I had people telling me to leave lolita forever or they'd smear my name/that they would damage my brand/that they would contact my employer for shaming those who had to deal with (insert some bullshit) for it like I did with this then yeah.

>> No.9738050

>>9738048
Weird, if that happened to me I would out the people who messaged me those things and they would probably get kicked out of the comm.

>> No.9738052

>>9738050
Wasn't someone in my comm, it was a group of people over insta/tumblr.

>> No.9738053

>>9738052
So the new people in your comm wearing taobao have no idea about it and still don't think quality is important

>> No.9738055

>>9738053
I'm sorry am I suddenly supposed to be a den mother who attends every meet and forces newbies to wear brand? I wasn't aware this and will rectify the situation immediately.

Jesus anon, even if you explain it to newer lolita's they won't get it. They didn't get it with bodyline, with shitty ebay dresses, and now taobao. what makes you think this is different? Are you even a lolita?

>> No.9738060

>>9738055
I mean you started with >>9738028 so I'm sorry I got confused and thought you had actually spoken up about it in your comm

>> No.9738063

>>9738019
kek, how bitter can you be

>> No.9738064

>>9738060
>>People who complain about taobao anonymously but never speak up about it on their social media/blog/in person
>social media/blog/in person
>social media/blog

That post said nothing about bringing it up to your comm specifically. Are you dumb?

>> No.9738067

>>9737955
how cheap it was? the ears maybe? it looked like a to alice design kek.

>> No.9738070

>>9738067
>looked like a to alice design

Not this shit again.

>> No.9738072
File: 98 KB, 480x640, 0b9eb5f4b96e769654f264fd7fe8f285.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9738034

>> No.9738079

>>9738064
Okay so you did you write an informative blog post about the importance of quality for lolita fashion and why taobao isn't as good as brand, and people on tumblr/instagram found out where you work? That's crazy scary. I'd think twice about posting any opinion on there ever again.

>> No.9738081

>>9738079
I don't feel comfortable revealing everything but someone I trusted who knew where I worked because they were a "friend" got mad at me for it and decided to get others on social media involved.

>> No.9738082

>>9738072
even misako cant pull them off

>> No.9738083

>>9738082
Misako is getting old and haggard looking so it's not shocking

>> No.9738084
File: 19 KB, 236x314, c79abd86565d5b1d0ba8b37e711bf97b--lolita-style-gothic-lolita.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9738072

>> No.9738088
File: 60 KB, 600x450, coio4jdukaasm1o.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9738084

>> No.9738092

>>9738088
Midori suits them best. Risa just looks creepy in them with her constant "fuck me daddy" pout and Misako looks too old.

>> No.9738094

>>9738019
Anon, you know nobody will listen. People who think Taobao is amazing aren't going to get out of their daydream because a few people complain about it.
>"b-but brand is too expensive!"
>"taobao is just as good!!"
I've tried getting on the Taobao train and ordered a few dresses, but fucking hell the dresses are so poor quality I can't wear them. I showed how shit they are to a Taobao-lover friend of mine, they didn't care. I've tried.

>> No.9738098

>>9738019
Doesn't >>9738081 prove that people don't want to learn? Plato said this shit with the allegory of the cave two thousand years ago. The itas will kill us when we tell them about the goddamn sun. You'd think that to understand quality you'd need exposure to quality but these fuckers absolutely don't think like that.

>> No.9738102

>>9738098
>>9738094
If beginner guides and help blogs focused on quality as much as other aspects of being a lolita, it would be better. Now people actually recommend taobao and bodyline to newbies for some reason.

>> No.9738108

>>9738102
I think it's alright to use Taobao and Bodyline as a newbie to get used to the style and not completely devote lots of money to it, but it seems most people push for Taobao all the way now. But at least Bodyline is fucking dead. I always feel awful seeing an experienced Lolita wearing Taobao all the time.
I remember buying my first dress and it was from Bodyline back in the good old days, and after falling in love with it despite how awful it was, bought my first brand dress and was shocked at the difference in quality.
If only people would branch out from their shitty $50 Chinese dresses.

>> No.9738112

>>9738102
I'm with you on wanting guides that emphasize quality, but our desire to be "inclusive" means that the guide writers tend to provide BL as an entry-level brand (and I remember this being a thing as far back as 2004 when I was getting started) for people who can't stomach the actual prices of brand. Taobao just happens to be the new BL.

Technically we have no excuse to do this anymore because the secondhand market is so ridiculously rich in its selection and pricing now, but it's very difficult to convince a population that's grown up on fast fashion that great clothing is worth the investment.

It's a fine line. I don't want to discourage genuinely interested people, but fuck I also would love to drive out the people who insist that they're wearing lolita in "their style."

>> No.9738113

>>9738092
I agree, Midori looks the most youthful and actually looks good. I don't think they're bad on the other too but they would look better with a different style

>> No.9738114

>>9738034
I think most Asian girls can pull it off, it's non-asians (mostly white girls) that can't.

>> No.9738118

>>9738108
because they started with taobao, it was acceptable, and there is no reason for them to move on from it

>> No.9738119

>>9738108
I think if a noob was to get some 2nd hand brand dress they'd find out that brand is definitely the way to go. I loved lolita but constantly felt shafted by bodyline. I don't know. they have a few okay pieces, okay cotton torchon lace sometimes, decent cut/style. But for literally the same price I can puck up some barely used brand pieces with a VAST improvement in quality. Wearing bodyline, I dunno... I felt disillusioned with lolita. it was uncomfy and sounded crinkly when I walked, didn't look that great up close... I felt pretty... from afar. it felt more like a costume. I still loved lolita though, and didn't want to waste more money on bodyline or waste any on taobao, which despite more variety, still looked to be bodyline quality to me. So, I got my first 2nd hand meta jsk. I was blown away by the quality. the seller had supposedly only worn it once and packed it away for nearly a decade. it made me fall in love with lolita. I will never waste money on bodyline or taobao again.

Also: something that makes me salty: people selling second hand bodyline/taobao (especially damaged pieces, but any of it really) for 50+ dollars. Almost every brand piece in my wardrobe I have purchased for 50 or less.. some in nwt/worn barely quality. 2nd hand is definitely what newbies should be told to hunt for. Not shitty bodyline, not taobao

>> No.9738123

>>9738114
pretty much this. i'd argue it's more of the typical super young kawaii girl look that can pull them off, not just any asian girls though.

>> No.9738124

>>9738123
>>9738114
>most asians can pull them off

Most CUTE asian girls can. As someone who's lived in Japan I can tell you none of the average girls there could pull it off.

>> No.9738130

>>9738119
I've never seen secondhand BL go over 30 but even that is ridiculous. I've always thought about selling my old squirrel party OP for like 10 bucks, it's not worth shit. And there's definitely old secondhand brand that you can get for 50 (cough cough wunderwelt is a lifesaver). I've seen people selling secondhand Taobao for more than the original price of the dress, though. What a ripoff.
>>9738118
Are lolitas who have been into the fashion since before Taobao blew up not...you know... telling people that they should move on and promoting brand? Do people just not give a shit anymore?

>> No.9738132

>>9738034
delet this

>> No.9738136

>>9735792

Prices I've paid:
Dream fantasy $60
Magic princess $60
Milky planet $80
Decoration Dream $30

This is why people are buying from the japanese market. Things are way cheeper, even if you factor in shipping.

>> No.9738141

>>9738130
>telling people
This is what started this whole discussion, that telling people that taobao is shit tends to yield poor results. It's rough going if you repeat something to no avail.

>> No.9738142

>>9738130
I don't think so. In my comm taobao is pushed as a good thing for beginners because they don't want to spend much money. I openly say I dislike taobao, link to cheap alternatives like lacemarket, tenso and closet child, and have made a couple of friends that I've ''turned to the good side'', but meanwhile the oldfag moderators started to buy solid taobao main-pieces. Back when beginners were recommended to start with bodyline, there would eventually be a reason for them to buy from brand (a nice print) but with taobao if they don't care/know about quality why would they switch to brand?

>> No.9738145

>>9738112
>it's very difficult to convince a population that's grown up on fast fashion that great clothing is worth the investment.
I think this is part of the problem. Too many people feel entitled to cheap and disposable clothing and it's disappointing to say the least. Not even lolita/jfash related but I'm salty about the rise of fast fashion in general. It's terrible from both an environmental and human rights standpoint. You'd think it wouldn't carry over to niche fashion subcultures like lolita or even western goth, but somehow it has and people would rather buy cheap disposable novelty crap that they can post on social media and then discard, than high quality pieces that will last them for years.

I understand 13 year old weebs that don't want to spend lots of money, use forwarding services or learn japanese buying from bodyline. But with taobao you have to use shopping services anyway and usually it's only worth the shipping to buy a bulk load of stuff so you usually have stuff sitting at a SS for a while. That's not convenient, and all for sub par clothing? Of course there are taobao resellers but some of them are marked up so high that one might as well just buy brand.

And if people don't want secondhand stuff, end of season brand sales are a thing. Wunderwelt and wunderwelt fleur also are a thing if people don't want to learn Japanese or use shopping services or tenso. Why do we still recommend taobao to newbies again?

>> No.9738161

>>9736403
I also have large boobs. The only dress I bought and didn't fit in still had loads of shirring. The cup size was just too small. What's really fun is how getting a blouse with boob room also means one that's way too loose on the waist.

>> No.9738169

>>9737794
>>9737746
Singapore. But as far as I know, most ASEAN countries have the same expectations (or lack thereof). There is also no obligation to shave.

Sage for OT.

>> No.9738172
File: 22 KB, 384x640, FB_IMG_1512929648180.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9738092
>People complaining Misako looks too old and then fapping over old-looking Western lolitas like Fanny Rosie and Door-chan
Some of you hold Western and Japanese lolitas to such different standards, it's gross.

>> No.9738173

>>9738172
They were saying she looks too old for pigtails, not in general.
Nice projection anon!

>> No.9738177

>>9738172
I said literally nothing about the other two. Nice projection.

>> No.9738182

>>9738173
>>9738177
Sorry, meant to quote this one >>9738083
It just reminded me of this attitude I keep seeing around. Anyone can say Misako looks "old" and "haggard" but if I said that about a popular Western lolita, I'd instantly be labeled a vendetta-chan.

>> No.9738195

>>9738124
True, a lot of regular Asian girls have busted looking faces. Too many people here think all Asians are kawaii and youthful looking. Any girl with a cute youthful face can pull it off, Asian or not.

>> No.9738196

Nice projection
/thread

>> No.9738197

>>9738182
Because no matter how much they want to be they're not as popular Misako.

Complaining about the looks of an admittedly older than average but PROMINENT model =/= complaining about the looks of some wannabe flash in the pan model

>> No.9738243

>>9738196
>/threading yourself
Go back where you came from.

>> No.9738426

>>9735792
I've paid as low as 6000 yen for MMM and VM dresses in great condition from mercari, and as low as 4000 yen for brand skirts.

>> No.9738428

>>9735805
There's some people on mercari trying to resell taobao dresses for the prices they bought them new. Most of them stay up for months before the seller slinks away in shame I guess.

>> No.9738438

>>9738119
You’d think so, but no. There are tons of people in my comm who own at least one brand dress and have seen the rest of us in brand yet still prefer buying taobao. They cite the “interesting” print variety and the fact that they can get multiple taobao pieces for the price of one brand piece. Quantity > quality and don’t you dare tell them otherwise.

>>9738141
>>9738142
I own some taobao pieces but have also openly criticised their quality and hoo boy did people not appreciate that. One girl literally started crying when I insisted that I could tell the difference between blouses from taobao and blouses from IW. I still don’t know wtf happened there, I wasn’t attacking her coord or her budget, just stating that at least some of us CAN see the difference because they were claiming otherwise. Am I supposed to lie to spare people’s feelings? Because people who buy from Milanoo have feeling too but nobody feels bad about mocking them. Why is taobao an exception?

>>9738145
Most of the taobao-chans in my comm buy from resellers like MLD. We’re in Western Europe. I don’t get it.

>> No.9738445

>>9738130
I see 2nd hand bodyline on lace market constantly for 40-50-60+ bucks. it's crazy.

>> No.9738446

>>9737673
Sorry, but I Just don't agree. Make up is a part of this fashion's aesthetic, and has no relation to the culture you grew up in. It's neither part of anyone's culture to get a mohawk, but does that stop punks? Aren't we into this fashion partly because we don't care about what society thinks and don't need to be part of the crowd?

>> No.9738448

>>9737673
>If wearing a $200 prom dress without makeup is fine, then why not lolita too?
Since when is it fine? Sorry to break it to you but you most likely look like shit in your frills.

>> No.9738454

>>9737673
>If wearing a $200 prom dress without makeup is fine
It's not, you weird country hee haw fuck.

>> No.9738469

>>9738438
I don't think you should lie about it. At the same time, if you keep getting backlash and just don't want to bother explaining it anymore, I also don't think you're obligated to continue trying to teach people who don't care to learn. Basically, pick your battles.

>> No.9738496

>>9738446
Make up is not part of this fashions aesthetic originally

>> No.9738500

>>9738426
I have moitie blouses that were 15 euro and 20 euro on Facebook

>> No.9738503

>>9738496
NAYRT, but appearing doll or maiden-like certainly is part of the fashion's aesthetic and always has been, and good luck appearing appropriately polished, youthful and cute for that without any makeup. Going in plain-faced contrasts so hard with an otherwise put-together coord and makes the face look even duller.

>> No.9738506

>>9738469
I don't usually bother talking about it at all because it rarely changes anyone's mind. In this case, though, the girl was bragging about how everyone thought her taobao blouse was IW and how it was the exact same quality as brand for a fraction of the price. I then talked about the things I love about real IW blouses and pointed out a few things which made her blouse noticeably not IW like the lace being a completely different undertone than the main fabric, the buttons not matching, interfacing being visible through the buttonholes, multiple loose threads, etc. She set herself up for it by claiming nobody could see the difference so I don't feel that bad, but I'd rather not be viewed as "that elitist brandwhore who made someone cry", either.

>> No.9738509

>>9738067
I don't know, I think it was about $150 for the set? But I honestly didnt check. I wouldn't have minded it if it didn't have the ears. The pockets were pretty cute but bunny ears make it look tacky for me. Seconding you on the to alice thing.
Animal ears in places they're not supposed to be remind me of those shitty cat tights that every weeb wears

>> No.9738521

>>9738496
Makeup tutorials have been a regular feature of the GLBs since they began, and not a single old school street snap features makeup-less girls. Just admit that you're lazy.

>> No.9738609

>>9738195
>>9738124
>Too many people here think all Asians are kawaii and youthful looking
Obviously models are the cutest girls, that's why they're models. I live in a hillbilly as fuck town and my comm always looked at photos of Japanese models and genuinely thought that's what 90% of girls in Japan look like. It's as dumb if foreigners think most American girls will look like Jessica Alba or the Jenner girls. We recently had a very average Korean girl join our comm, and some were noticeable surprised she didn't look like a kpop star or instagram famous girl whatever.

>> No.9738611

I'm salty about the secondhand market in Japan. I used to buy Katie and Milk because it was cheap. Now I see someone on fril literally asking 50000JPY for a lace skirt I bought a few years ago for 4000JPY. People are selling Milk t-shirts for 12000JPY that were originally 7-8000JPY. What the fuck happened.

>> No.9738629

>>9738067
It was 175

>> No.9738637

>>9738611
Older japanese lolitas graduated to otome brands and Pink House, that's also why their second hand lolita becomes cheaper and cheaper.

>> No.9738639

I can’t stand
> dumbass noobs perpetually posting and commenting on every.fucking.thing in fb groups. We get it, you’re the queen of lolita and you know everything because you’ve done soooo much research but really can you back off lol. There’s a bunch of obnoxious ones at the moment and I avoid commenting now completely.
> western sellers overpricing everything.
>people don’t give a fuck about quality anymore and while lolita isn’t dying, it has been severely changed and looks like shit now. I used to like old lolita pictures because you look at them and they look fresh, now all I see is a bunch of people tryjng to copy an aesthetic and failing.

>> No.9738640

>>9738637
I'm not looking at ""otome"" clothing though

>> No.9738641

>>9738640
..What the fuck do you think Katie and Milk are? They're otome brands. They're not lolita.

>> No.9738643

>>9738509
Sage for slightly OT, I mainly bought it because it was a full set for the price of a new blouse and I really needed another brand blouse lol

>> No.9738648

>>9738169

Our school had a large segment of class from Singapore that was both rich and poor (here on scholarship). Most of my Singaporean colleagues do wear makeup with their prom dresses and I actually partially learned my makeup from them I think you just hang out with a very drab and conservative crowd.

>> No.9738649

>>9738640
Otome or not, you know what I mean. Brands with cute but more mature designs.

>> No.9738650

>>9738643
But their lucky pack blouses aren't even that great of quality. They make them specifically for lucky packs so they aren't up to their normal standards of quality.

>> No.9738652

>>9738639
So agree with western sellers overpricing stuff. Like please calm down, your Milky Planet is not worth $500 anymore and most OTT sweet era stuff can be $200 at MOST.

At this point most of those prints are faded and as much as I love some of them more than the new releases, it just makes more sense to buy new.

Also fuck you for pricing a new, not even sold out release ar $400.

>> No.9738666

>>9738650
I'll see it. I don't mind it if its not 100% as good as their normal blouses. I mean do you have an example or can describe what is bad about them? The description said it's made out of cotton, so it can't be the material.

>> No.9738669
File: 856 KB, 766x550, 6789968.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9738641
>>9738649
Ths is considered otome and mature nowadays? Tbh I have no interest in researching what Westerners consider otome because I don't like the look of it, but as far as I know it got left behind in the 70s. There are no Japanese brands that describe themselves that way now.

>> No.9738671

>>9738666
nayrt but basically they just have less details than other blouses. Although the Lovely Bunny blouse looks nicer than my other lucky pack AP blouses, at least in stock photos.

I'll find out when my package arrives tomorrow, though. Have you checked the tracking on your LP? If you're not getting it tomorrow I'd be happy to post some detail shots of the blouse.

>> No.9738673

>>9738671
Mine hasn't been shipped yet, at least I haven't got the tracking yet. It'd be so nice if you'd post photos! I don't mind it having less details desu then it's easier to incorporate it with my everyday wardrobe. I like the heart buttons it has.

>> No.9738687

>>9738629
Not that anon, but it was $125 on the jp online shop.

>> No.9738693

>>9738671
It would be awesome if you could post some detail shots of the set when you get it.

>> No.9738700

>>9736114
>>9736123
Here you go, anon: https://item.mercari.com/jp/m83084577911/

>> No.9738702

>>9738673
>>9738693
Can do! I'll likely post them in the lolita general thread, though. Seems more fitting.

>>9738687
Yeah it was only like 14000 yen on the JP shop, AP USA sold the sets for 175 (plus 25 for shipping which seems like a huge mark up but whatever).

>> No.9738707

>>9738702
Thanks!

I payed 185€ incl insured shipping for mine, which is ok to me. Bought from AP Paris

>> No.9738720

>>9738666
Also nayrt and I don’t know much about AP LPs, but cotton fabrics aren’t automatically all good quality. Cheap see-through scratchy cotton exists. It really rustles my jimmies when lolitas talk about textiles like they have any kind of authority when they actually have no idea what they’re talking about. I’ve seen way too many girls buy crappy quilting cotton to make a dress out of and claim that it’s automatically garment quality just because the label says 100% cotton. It’s not that simple.

>> No.9738721

>>9738720
This is true, however, we are talking about AP here.

I also get upset when people complain about chiffon being polyester and thinking it must be shit quality because it's polyester. No, AP's polyester chiffon is really fucking nice.

>> No.9738723

>>9738720
Ah, I'm sorry! I know there's bad quality cotton, but most of the time cotton is better/more comfortable to me than any kind of synthetic fabric as I can easily get allergic reactions to those and they can get smelly real quick compared to natural fabrics. Doesn't mean that I don't like them as they can look so lovely when worn.

>> No.9738731

I honestly don't understand the hype around Mossbadger, especially Mystic Tarot. It just looks cheap and tacky imo.

>> No.9738739

>>9738669
>cherry picking this hard
Now you're just shitposting to derail the thread. Like I said, my point is that some japanese ex-lolitas abandon the fashion for other cute/more mature/less flashy/more normie fashions (larme, otome, idgaf how you want or don't want to call them) and that's why those brands become more expensive and sought after second hand.

>> No.9738754

>>9738739
I see, so do you think more lolitas than ever before have left the fashion in the past 2 years?

>> No.9738767

>>9738731
>Mystic Tarot
I don't really care for the design. I want a better tarot card though. I'd love have more occult stuff.

>> No.9738771

>>9738669
where to cop the military cat shirt pls

>> No.9738774

>>9738136
Out of all those I only care for Milky Planet and it's not a dream dress of mine. Those dresses are all old and ugly, I feel like of course they're gonna be that cheap.

>> No.9738778

>>9738774
>magic princess is old

So you're just new?

>> No.9738784

>>9738771
milkboy

>> No.9738794

>>9738784
http://lukeandstella.com/shopdetail/000000007531/ct1205/page1/order/ I'm in love with Milkboy now

>> No.9738798

>>9738778
no, its just unpopular and ugly so it's easy to find cheap.

>> No.9738803

>>9738798
>all those pieces are old AND ugly
>all those pieces are old
>old

Either you're new or an idiot

>> No.9738805

>>9738666
The cotton is more sheer and stiff (thinner material in general), cut is very simple, details are very basic. It's definitely nicer than off brand, but it's not as nice as a normal release blouse (with all of the detachable items to make it more versatile or varying cuts and materials used).

>> No.9738806

>>9738803
kek i wasn't even the person you were replying to originally

>> No.9738810

>>9738806
So you didn't read their post before replying and made yourself look like an idiot alongside them?

>> No.9738838
File: 622 KB, 383x286, fts.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I hate how in January lolitas run back to livejournal just to post their wardrobes. It's annoying because everyone claims LJ is dead and there's no proper replacement for it, but when its time for wardrobe posts people come out of the wood works just so they can brag under the guise of ~detail shots and sharing~.

>> No.9738843

>>9738838
This has been discussed. It's because it's easier to post an assload of high quality photos, all together, on LJ.

>> No.9738853

>>9738810
my no was meant to
>magic princess is old
but okay anon continue on

>> No.9738866
File: 187 KB, 612x1088, m64884006109_2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9738650
Not my photo, so it could be the case of it just looking ugly because of a bad photo and still being in the bag, but wtf. I'm nervous to get mine now, the dress looks terrible quality. I know people were laughing about it looking taobao tier before but all the lucky pack dresses I've gotten in the past have still been good quality.

>> No.9738871

>>9738843
>It's because it's easier to post an assload of high quality photos, all together, on LJ.
That's fine. It's not wardrobe posts that are the problem for me. It's the hypocrisy of the lolitas who claim LJ is dead but still want a community like the one that was on LJ. If it's easier to post a bunch of high quality photos all at once then wouldn't just using LJ instead of Facebook be better? There's multiple communities just like there are different groups on FB.

>> No.9738875

>>9738803
>>9738778
>>9737942
>>9735874
Ntayrp but goddamn, I'm so sick of anons jumping at every chance to call other anons newfags. You're more annoying that the people you were replying to.

>> No.9738878

>>9738875
Newfag

>> No.9738880

>>9738871
Because when you're only posting 1-2 photos of your coord, LJ is very time consuming and tedious. The convenience of FB's "like" feature definitely makes FB the superior platform for posting coord shots.

>> No.9738883

>>9737267
I swear I've seen a fatty wear and it looked nice. I can't remember which it was. I must be wrong about BSP though. Maybe it was sweet cream house. Why are you so triggered, though???

>> No.9738915

>>9738878
You're so ~edgy~ desu

>> No.9738922

>>9738915
>not knowing the meaning or proper usage of edgy
newfag

>> No.9738926

>>9738922
>edgy comment
edgy

>> No.9738929

>>9738926
>continuing to be this retarded

>> No.9738934

>>9738929
how edgy of you.

>> No.9738936

>>9738934
>>9738929
>>9738926
>>9738922
>>9738915
>>9738878
Can you both shut the fuck up and not shit up the thread? thanks.

>> No.9738957

>>9738880
Lj has a heart function now and it's only tedious to post on there if you've never used it before lol

>> No.9738959

>>9738866
i regret not ordering this

>> No.9738973

>>9738866
Honestly I think it's mostly the shiny/satiny fabric- it would look better if it was just plain cotton. I also wish they added lace onto the white bodice ruffle.
Also, I think the overall fabric quality for non printed pieces has declined. I bought a plain OP from 2017 (not the fancy ones) and the fabric is thin and shitty compared to a plain JSK I got in 2016 (and especially from previous years).

>> No.9739050

>>9736335
We have some girl I have never seen at a meetup make a New Years Resolution to take her lolita indie brand more seriously this year then link to an FB art page she runs. No artwork for dresses though. No concept designs. Just chibis not wearing lolita.

Like I wanna support indie brands, but if that's what a designer is aiming for then they just want money for AP.

>> No.9739074

>>9738973
Do you mind naming which releases? I'm curious, because I got lovely bakery and its fabric weight seems fine in comparison to other pieces I own. Assuming that's what you meant by plain, as well.

>> No.9739091

>>9738973
How can you tell that the fabric is shiny from this shot? It looks fine to me.

>> No.9739092

>>9739091
You can't, they're just shitting on AP for no reason at this point.

>> No.9739093

>>9739092
That's because AP has gone to shit

>> No.9739097

>>9739093
>AP has gone to shit

Nice meme.

>> No.9739117
File: 546 KB, 1080x1920, Screenshot_20180102-172111.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Pouring my salt on Japanese second hand sites right now.
Usagiyouhinten has not listed anything remotely Lolita for ages, Closetchild is constantly shitting up Yahoo auctions in much the same way as wunderwelt shits up LM, and fururun is practically dead at this point. Everywhere else tends to be more expensive or no longer stock Lolita brands, opting for otome or gothic instead.
>Pic related, 15 pages in and it's all Closetchild

>> No.9739639

>>9738731
literally who

>> No.9739649

I get salty when designers leave my favourite brands. To this day I do not want to support Leur Getter.

>>9739117
Yeah I wish I could block closet child and wunderwelt

>> No.9739677

>>9739649
The designer of Leur Getter left ETC. So you're boycotting the wrong brand

>> No.9739702

>>9739677
No, you're misunderstanding. I'm salty @the designers. Especially when they started the brand originally, only to start a new brand that looks almost the same but has less versatility or worse quality.

>> No.9739706

>>9739702
What about when it's downright ugly like Physical Drop. I do not understand how she started Metamorphose.

>> No.9739804

>>9739117
You know that it looks worse because literally no one else is listing lolita on mbok/yahoo anymore, right? They've always posted stuff on CC, but there used to be a lot more around it.
>>9739702
This is silly. Sometimes the designers want to do something different or branch out on their own, do something they can't do at the brand that is now (or always was) controlled by a board.

A lot of designers get pushed out of their own companies, and the fact that you're angry at them is ludicrous.

>> No.9739819 [DELETED] 

>>9739804
But if she started the brand in the first place, it doesn't make sense to start another brand and leave the one you started before especially if you do the exact same aesthetic, don't do anything new and obviously re-use patterns from their previous brand.I guess in Leur Getter's case she did get pushed out otherwise it makes no sense, but still makes me salty that she does less interesting stuff now and had lowered the quality for the price.

>> No.9739833

>>9739804
>>9739804
But if she started the brand in the first place, it doesn't make sense to start another brand and leave the one you started before if you do the exact same style, don't do anything new and obviously re-use patterns from your previous brand. I guess in Leur Getter's case she did get pushed out otherwise it makes no sense, but it still makes me salty that she does less interesting stuff now and lowered the quality for the price.

>> No.9739840

Friends who own my dream dress but never, ever wear it

>> No.9739873

>>9739833
Just continue to be illogically salty about situations then, I guess? You don't know the story but you're ready to take action anyway, so just keep bumbling along through your life.

>> No.9739901

>>9739873
Yeah, I mean this is the salt thread. What if someone got really salty about their favorite brands completely changing styles? I wouldn't find that illogical one bit.

>> No.9739974

>>9739833
Designers getting pushed out of their own brands is nothing new. Paul Frank got fucked for years because he lost control of his own name and company due to not knowing shit about business.

Regarding LG, I sort of understand where you're coming from regarding the quality of the clothing, but ETC's not been the pinnacle of quality either. Maybe older/specific releases? I've owned a good range and it's never struck me as amazing. They certainly never used blind hems like JM, and most of their recent releases use the same polyester as does LG.

>> No.9740231

>>9735782
To Alice actually has a store on Takeshita-Dori now, I was really surprised when I randomly stumbled across it there.

>> No.9740256

>>9738438
>One girl literally started crying when I insisted that I could tell the difference between blouses from taobao and blouses from IW.

Wow. Can you tell us a little bit about this? Were you just having a normal discussion in person about this during a meetup? What exactly did she say? How did everyone else react to this? I need deets please.

>> No.9740486

>>9738145
>but somehow it has and people would rather buy cheap disposable novelty crap that they can post on social media and then discard, than high quality pieces that will last them for years
First of all, how do you know that someone would want wear lolita for years? A lot of people drop out of the style after a while. Even so, a lot of people don't want to wear the same style all the time.

>> No.9740772

>>9739901
Salt is salt, but being mad at a designer for leaving a brand, when you don't know if it was even their choice to leave, is stupid to me. And not the same thing as a brand completely changing styles (which is a silly example to give since it's never happened)

>> No.9740785

>>9740772
I don't think you follow the same brands as I do and I'm not mad, I'm salty