[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 107 KB, 619x462, 1400869424656.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9810647 No.9810647 [Reply] [Original]

I just had a nasty breakup with my boyfriend two weeks ago. He was visibly unhappy with me wearing lolita fashion and kept asking me awkward questions. When we broke up, he told me that he wanted someone who was a grown-up. I think the last straw came when I wore a classic OTT coord to Valentines Day dinner. This is the 3rd breakup in 5 years for me and the second that involved lolita fashion.

When do you tell your boyfriend about lolita fashion when you're in a relationship with them?

>> No.9810653

>>9810647
>>9806753

>> No.9810697

>>9810647
>wearing OTT anything on a date with someone who obviously hates lolita
Sometimes I prefer to think shit like this is obvious bait but after seeing the vast potential of human stupidity, I'm not quite sure anymore.

>> No.9810728
File: 108 KB, 500x671, break up with him.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9810647

>> No.9810746

>>9810647
>wearing OTT to anything outside of meetups, conventions, or costume parties

Gross

>> No.9810757

>dating someone who doesn't support all of your interests

gross

trust me, there's way more lonely dudes out there than there are eccentrically-dressed single women, want better for yourself

>> No.9810765

They see me wear it, if they want to know they ask. I've never had a boyfriend who didn't support it because I'm not stupid enough to date someone who can't deal with me liking frilly dresses. If your boyfriend wanted a "grown up" though, either he is an idiot or maybe it's your personality not your frills.

>> No.9810781
File: 64 KB, 800x450, 1508519485692.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9810647
If lolita defines your life that much you should probably bring it up as your main interest very early in the relationship to avoid that sort of drama.

>> No.9810805
File: 135 KB, 576x960, itab----.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9810746
Bitch I'd wear ott to a grocery store if I could.

>> No.9810851

I know how u feel anon. My husband got me into lolita- and now 3 years later guilt trips me about buying dresses. I have a great job. Pay my bills. But every time I buy lolita, when the box comes in
He freaks out on me. Im really sad. And I'm not sure what to do. I'm thinking of getting a PO BOX desu. I feel horrible about the whole situation.

>> No.9810871

>>9810851
Tell him to shut the fuck up
If you’re buying it tell him it’s your money, not his

>> No.9811041

>>9810697
It's true. I told the ex about 6 months into our relationship. He tried his best supporting me, but could no longer tolerate it.

>>9810746
It was for Valentine's Day! He took me to a nice restaurant and he paid too.

>>9810765
He was approaching 35. At that age, he wants to be with someone that was at his age. He still had PTSD from losing his ex-wife from breast cancer.

>>9810781
I may do that in the future when I update my dating profile. I worry fat neckbeards start messaging me.

>>9810851
Scare him with a pregnancy test in the box next time. If he thinks lolita is expensive, wait till he finds out how much a kid costs.

>> No.9811071

I would never date someone who either didn’t absolutely love it or was indifferent about it. My previous partner didn’t care for it but he never made any comments about the cost or how it looked. The minute he did I would have dumped his ass. The current boy I like is also indifferent to it but he understands that lolita is my passion and it makes me happy.

If wasn’t such a socially retarded lonelita I would try to pursue a relationship with a lolita. It would be nice to be in a relationship with someone who is just as excited about lolita as myself.

>> No.9811120

>>9810805
Some anon once gave me shit for not walking a mile and back to the grocery store in a full coord even though I would be sweating and carrying like 30-40 lbs of groceries on the way back. Like it would be akin to going hiking and wearing a weighted vest in a full coord.

And then a bunch of morons piled on because supposedly not doing this made me a weak ass bitch.

Would not be surprised if those same retards then pitched a fit about me sleeping my fucking misty sky op.

>> No.9811123

>>9811041
>I worry fat neckbeards start messaging me.
Holy shit. Just don't date them? Any dating profile I had anywhere even when I was normie would attract fat neck beards because they are desperate for literally anyone. Quit being ridiculous god damn.

>Scare him with a pregnancy test in the box next time
Oh scratch that. You're clearly an awful person if you think this stupid bullshit is ok. People like you make me sick. I hope you get bombarded by neckbeards. You obviously deserve it.

>>9810781
Fucking this. I brought it up immediately. Why do people try to date people who don't share common interests?? There's more to a relationship than the other person being attractive.

I'm sure most anons are immature simple minded losers who drool over bodies as opposed to actually trying to have a fucking personality.

>> No.9811128

>>9811041

I kind of got weird vibes from you from the start, but

>Scare him with a pregnancy test in the box next time. If he thinks lolita is expensive, wait till he finds out how much a kid costs.

You're just an asshole.

>> No.9811138

>>9811120

I think I remember that. Some anon also said 'well because I like to sit waiting for my car to be repaired you're not a real lolita if you don't do mundane chores in lolita.' She was an idiot, the end.

>> No.9811139

>>9811041
Are you sure he didn’t dump you because you’re an asshole? Lolita was probably a convenient excuse.

>> No.9811142

Can I ask a general relationship question? I’m somewhat a lonelita and since I work most days of the week I barely leave the house other than for work and bringing out the trash can. So how do I get into a relationship like that? How do other people do it as I know I’m totally not the only person in such a situation.

>> No.9811157

>>9810746
>wearing OTT to anything outside of meetups, conventions, or costume parties

This is the shit that makes people think lolita is cosplay

>>9811142
Try a dating app. Make it very clear that you're looking for a relationship and not random hookups (unless you're looking for those too which is fine). I met my last boyfriend on Tinder, been together for a year and a half and still going strong. It might not work for you but also it might work, check it out.

>> No.9811167

>>9811157
I tried tinder, but it’s a bit too difficult because both parties need to like each other before you can start writing with them. And somehow in my area in my preferred age range there only appear guys I wouldn’t even touch with a stick (not even talking about their looks only, but how they present themselves) I know dating apps can be a great way, but probably only if you don’t live close to a fucked up area

>> No.9811168

>>9811167

Meetup groups? I met my bf through one. They tend to be more low key and more like 'well they're mostly for hookups but also for people looking for 'friends'' sort of deal. I met my bf through a literal 'meetup.com' group. You can sort by interest, occupation, hobbies, etc. too.

>> No.9811172

>>9811157
OTT in itself is why people think lolita is cosplay.

>> No.9811175
File: 513 KB, 800x450, angelicpretty_bf.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I actually have a bf that's really indifferent towards Lolita fashion and I love him for it. He doesn't object to me spending money on things that make me happy, he's just not interested. And where this is "great" is that it means I always have a non-bias eye to run potential purchases by. He's picked up on the difference between what is Lolita and what counts as Ita and understands what I'm going for; so I show him stuff I'm considering and he gives me a frank, layman's opinion.
Common Insights include:
>If it were bigger or smaller it would look better.
>That's too dumb. It's just too much and people will notice it's weird.
>For Lolita, that works well. I think.
>It looks like something you would wear.

>> No.9811197

There's the thing, that always confuses me about those conflicts. Everyone cares about clothes more, than about actual people. People are willing to break with boyfriends because of them not liking lolita, boyfriends who's so annoyed with frills, so they abandon the actual girl. This is so childish desu.

>> No.9811203

>>9811197
I don't think it's childish on either side, really.
If lolita fashion is a major part of someone's life, or even a minor part of it but still something that she enjoys, and her s/o makes fun of her for it, calls it names, says it's weird or a fetish or otherwise being intolerant and disrespectful in a way that makes the lolita feel bad about herself or her hobby... dropping this person is not outrageous. Why would you waste time with someone who makes you feel like shit?

Alternatively, some people don't like alternative fashion, or they don't like lolita specifically, for whatever reason; it's too expensive, too flashy, too "childish", attracts too much attention or criticism, etc.
Some people care about what others think about them and people can be quite judgmental, even if their judgments are detached from reality (re: guys getting weird looks/blamed for being fetishists/"pedophiles" for dating lolitas); if someone doesn't want to deal with this kind of attention, or lolita makes them feel uncomfortable for any other reason, it makes sense for them to look for someone else who makes them feel good.

It's honestly for the best for both sides of the relationship, in my opinion. You should be able to express yourself however you like, and you should be with someone who makes you happy. If you feel stifled or uncomfortable, staying with the person who makes you feel this way is silly.

>> No.9811207

>>9811203
This is really well written out, thank you

>> No.9811212

>>9811203
Sounds amazing, but pretty much idealistic. I believe, some people are so desperate about finding a nice person, so they're okay with "cutting the corners". It sounds questionable to me too, but idk, one won't die alone surrounded by only their dogs.

>> No.9811221

>>9811212
Who wouldn’t want to die alone surrounded by dogs?

>> No.9811223

>>9811221
I prefer cats meself

I wont even be mad when they start eating my body.

>Yes, obtain sustenance my pretties.

>> No.9811224

>>9811212
I don't think it's idealistic, it depends on how much you value the things that make you happy other than your s/o. If someone prefers to drop a hobby to please their s/o then that's on them, or if someone chooses to support their s/o's hobby even if they personally don't like it, then that's fine.
But being with someone who makes you unhappy in any way, especially if you don't have to be with them at all, is ridiculous. The saying "please love yourself" comes into play here.

>> No.9811225

>>9811221
Well, if they're cute and fluffy like that anon's dog from last Feels thread, I don't mind :3

>> No.9811226
File: 258 KB, 500x281, 1407075519735.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9811221
>>9811223

>> No.9811227

>>9811139
This

>> No.9811228

>>9811224
I guess the problem lays in my low self-esteem. I always felt like supporting partner's hobbies is a solid marker of really worthy person. It's not even about lolita, in general if person supports me about things, that seem irrational/impractical, it means they actually care about me, not only about them being not alone. The question is that I never expect that about people.
Ugh, anon, your post almost made my eyes teary.

>> No.9811234

My boyfriends supports my hobbies, though he isn´t interested in fashion. His answer everything lolita-related is always: ”you look great, honey”.
It´s good for long term relationships that you have your own things. I would never drag him to lolita event.

He takes my outfit shots every once in a while and it´s his way to participate

>> No.9811235

>>9811228
I mean, there are levels to it, it's not all or nothing. Someone could not really like lolita but respect their s/o's love for it; or a lolita could not approve of her s/o's love of x, but in the grand scheme of things it's harmless, so she accepts it because it makes her s/o happy.
That's just how healthy relationships work. Going back to the original point though, if your own s/o makes you feel terrible, then please have enough self respect to choose your own happiness over your shitty s/o.

>> No.9811236

>>9811223
I also prefer cats, but I also love my dog even though he has a tendency of trying to ruin my burando.

Either way I definitely want a loving pet as opposed to a douchebag boyfriend by my side when I die.

>> No.9811242

>>9811226
This is how I want to die. In my dream dress, and be buried in it

>i low key want lolitas who believe that clothes belong to the community to cry that one less dress exists
>i’m a shady bitch

>> No.9811244

>>9811242
My greatest fear is that my family won't be able to properly coord, and I will be ita for eternity.

>> No.9811246
File: 423 KB, 508x581, 1DFB4471-843F-4D46-893B-978080CF38B1.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9811139
Goddamnit Anon, it's too early in the morning for me to be laughing my lungs out!

>> No.9811253

>>9811228
The thing is there is nothing noble in matyring yourself in a relationship, you do need to make sure that you are ok with it as well. Otherwise the other person often keeps taking without even realising because they think you're happy with the status quo and then they don't get it when the relationship stops working or you start getting stressed because you're doing so much. Look after yourself, expect to be respected.

>> No.9811255

>>9811244
make a coord layout for them, like, step by step with pictures and everything. in fact, make it a component of your will.

>if u make me an ita for eternity y'all get a boot to the head

>> No.9811258

>>9811255
>eternal ita
>puts curse on family

I would make them suffer for this grave injustice

>> No.9811262

>>9811244
Make the executrix of your estate a fellow lolita who you trust to get the coord right.

>> No.9811265

>>9811242
>clothes belong to the community
What? You bought them, they're yours to do as you please. It's not like they're so unique that destroying one would be a cultural loss.
>>9811255
I can picture you rising from the grave because the funeral home dared put you in a bodyline blouse

>> No.9811266

>>9811041
Wtf lol how did you avoid wearing lolita for 6 months?

>> No.9811271
File: 74 KB, 960x640, 1386749521410.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9811265
>It's not like they're so unique that destroying one would be a cultural loss.

You must be new here. Every dress is precious and irreplaceable, so must be mourned by the whole community.

>> No.9811272

>>9811255
So much this.

>> No.9811273

>>9811157
People think it's a costume when you treat it as a costume. Eg if you suddenly look completely different than usual for a con. If you wear OTT to do normal stuff, they know it's just your style.

>>9811242
Some people are too serious about someone else's clothes, but I can kind of relate desu because my dream dress is rare, and everyone I know who has it (two people in my country, one in another country) never wears it. I just wish I'd at least see it irl one day.

>> No.9811354

>>9811242
>taking only one dress with you to the afterlife
Time to step it up, make like a pharaoh and be buried in your dream coord and surrounded by your entire wardrobe.

>> No.9811380

>>9810851
People can have great jobs and still live paycheck to paycheck or put themselves into massive debt. Are you sure you're not telling us the whole story about how much you spend?

>> No.9811391

>>9811142
I met my boyfriend on Plenty of Fish and we've been together for 2 years. I just intergrated some of my favorite toned down lolita coord photos with the rest of my photos so it was allready out there what i wore, but i didn't mention what it was called, jist said I liked high end alternative fashion. My bf asked if it was like cosplay because he went to Comic-Con once, but i jist told him it was just another fashion style of clothing akin to goth or prep and that was that. We bonded mostly over nerd things and camping/hiking, but since i treated lolita like a nonchalant normal thing, dating and lolita has never been a problem for me.

>> No.9811396

>>9811391
>since i treated lolita like a nonchalant normal thing, dating and lolita has never been a problem for me.
I think this is something that many people don't get; if you act like the fashion (or its name) is something super embarrassing, that raises people's red flags and makes them suspect that you're up to no good. If you don't want people to suspect that your frilly clothes are some devious fetish, don't treat your frilly clothes like some shameful thing that must be hidden.
That's not to say that being proud of it is going to change everyone's minds about it, some people are just too thick and stubborn, but if you don't make a big deal about it, then it won't be a big deal.

>> No.9811424

>>9810647
> 3rd breakup
> 5 years

The problem here isn't lolita. The problem is that you are probably just a really shit person if you have been dumped 3 times in 5 years.
Try not being a bitch to your next partner.

>> No.9811447

My boyfriend is a lowkey weeb, so he likes lolita. I wear a lot of pieces casually, and I'm generally in weird alt fashion most of the time anyway. Helps that we're friends with another couple with a lolita. We get excuses to double date in it.

>> No.9811478

>When do you tell your boyfriend about lolita fashion when you're in a relationship with them?

Well for my last relationship she knew me from online social media and so already knew about lolita fashion and how into it I was before we started dating. She thought I looked cute in it but it was way too frilly for her personal taste.

For my current relationship I met my boyfriend through a mutual friend. One time we were hanging out at my place so I just walked into my closet and showed him a couple dresses, and some photos on my phone with me in them. This was not even a month in, although I didn't tell him it was called lolita until he got a sense of the aesthetic (just in case). He's mostly indifferent to it but thinks I look cute too. One of my favorite things was gathering lace to explain to him the differences between the shades of white lace in my wardrobe because he had a hard time visualizing lol. What was pretty cool is that he knew the definitions of some lolita terminology, he just didn't realize it was also a lolita term. For example most people I know don't know what "colorway" means, but he said it in a non-lolita related context before I had a chance. Our overall hobbies are so incredibly different but I kind of like the juxtaposition of me being a classic lolita and him being this super rad skateboard dude.

As this anon said >>9811203 I wouldn't be able to handle somebody being disrespectful to me or intolerant to me because of my hobby (any of my hobbies really). I knew absolutely jackshit about skateboarding before I met my boyfriend but it's what he's into so I'll learn some things about it because of proximity and it makes him happy. I've dealt with so much judgement from my mom because of the name of this fashion that I really don't have patience for someone who's not willing to let me explain that's it's unrelated to the book and, ya know, makes me fucking happy, and I'll be damned if I do that to someone else.

>> No.9811489

I hit the jackpot with my husband. When we first started dating I dressed somewhat alternative already and eventually got into the fashion. He encouraged me to do it since it made me happy and now he gives me a monthly budget for it.

>> No.9811497

>>9811255
Nah. Make it so if they insist on changing the coord they don't get their inheritance.

>> No.9811521

>>9810647
You made him feel like a pedo or weird ageplayer, I don't blame him.dressing up like a little girl isn't normal as an adult and understandable creeps people out. It also probably makes you come off as an insecure attention whore

>> No.9811523

>>9810851
Issues regarding money are the #1 reason for divorce, and lolita is a frivolous buy at best. Maybe you do need to learn to budget, feel like there's some financial details you're glossing over
>>9810871
Once your married your money becomes "our money", your assets are legally mingled unless you have some hidden bank account or something. Don't get married without understanding wtf you're actually doing first. The idea of a grown married woman obsessing over lolita is strange at best

>> No.9811530

>>9811120
Kek, so both those retarded posts are yours. You're a real cow, huh?

>> No.9811534

>>9811523
>Once your married your money becomes "our money", your assets are legally mingled

This is the reason why I don't wanna be legally married. I would like a symbolic ceremony of some sorts, but that's it. I like the idea of sharing my life with someone but still having my own things when I need them or when I want them.
Thankfully my current boyfriend feels the same way.

I can spend my money on cosplay and lolita all I want (after adult responsibilities) and he can't really say anything. Not that he wants to, we have a good understanding of what the other person likes and we don't overstep in terms of judgement.

He doesn't oppose me wearing lolita, he likes how I look but even if that wasn't the case I think i could live with him disliking it so long as he doesn't say anything every time I wear it or buy something new.
I think that's overstepping the judgement line.

Outside of this current relationship, I would bring up lolita as soon as possible even before entering the relationship--same with cosplay. Those things are very important to me and if he cannot support it, be indifferent or at the very least silent about it then I don't think I'd wanna be with that person.

>> No.9811537

>>9811530
You use kek unironically? You must be a simple minded dipshit.

>> No.9811538

>>9810851
My husband used to do this until I compared it to his fun car. I'd have to buy a lot more dresses to add up to the value of that thing.

>> No.9811546

>>9811534
Money you save when you're young ends up going the farthest in your life. It might seem like a dream to have fun in pretty dresses while you can still appreciate them but living paycheck to paycheck in your 30's is a living nightmare. Hope you're stashing away what you can.

>>9811538
"Fun" cars are literally the worst thing to throw money at when you're young.

Does nobody have talks with their partners about financial responsibility and planning these days?

>> No.9811548

>>9811546
Calm now, not everyone is in their 20s getting shitty pay.

>> No.9811550

>>9811221
Disgusting.

>> No.9811551

>>9811523
>Once your married your money becomes "our money"

This is terrible desu. I recently moved from my parents and started living by my own, like spending money on whatever I want, saving up whenever I want. I'm not yet ready (or motivated) to be back to making decisions together, because that means I either have to do things I don't want or apply extra efforts to convince my partner to my point. Sounds egoistical and silly, especially in long term perspective, but that's how I feet atm and I don't see any other solution.

>> No.9811553

>>9811548
>Implying "shitty pay" has anything to do with the reality of compounding growth

>> No.9811554

>>9811534
Same. I never quite understood the hype over getting married. I like the idea of not getting buttfucked by the courts because I make more than my partner. I also don’t plan on having children because A) I don’t like them and B) god forbid the relationship ends and now we’re stuck fighting over custody of a kid.

>> No.9811565

>>9811142
I met mine online, and its honestly nice because he knew from the beginning that lolita was a normal part of my life and not going away. hes very supportive and even offers input when asked :) you just have to look around for what works for you! online dating is joked a lot but its been frequently successful.

>> No.9811569

>>9811546
>"Fun" cars are literally the worst thing to throw money at when you're young.
Please go give someone else financial advice, we're DINKs with good jobs and plenty of savings.

>> No.9811570

>>9811546
Most parents had children because that's just the normal thing to do, but they don't actually know how to prepare a person for the real world.

>> No.9811586 [DELETED] 

I'd like a qt Dutch Lolita gf
Add me on discord Shadow#3658

>> No.9811589

>>9811569
"Fun" cars only make sense if it can be justified as a part of asset diversification, not a daily driver, and has a decent chance to hold or appreciate in value. Otherwise it's a disproportionately large setback financially for people starting their adult lives because of the depreciating nature of such an asset, along with the additional TCO a "fun" vehicle implies. Hope they're at least getting a decent interest rate on it because the opportunity cost on something bought so early in life is absolutely killer.
FYI, giving everyone else on the board financial advice as instructed, since it's already too late for you.

>> No.9811590

>>9811570
There is a fun thing I discovered about evolution some time ago. A lot of people thinks species are trying to develop themselves to make a perfect kind, but in reality they just have be good enough to survive. I'm afraid, this observation turned me into an awful parent material. I mean, growing your kid into independent person is great, but actually if they survived till 18 you're sufficient as parent.

>> No.9811592

>>9811590
but then they can't leave the house because they can't suppor themselves, and conflict between the kid and the parents keeps growing as the parents are eager to get their old life back. they will make each other miserable and unhappy. well done for surviving though.

>> No.9811594
File: 511 KB, 500x282, giphy.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9811592
>but then they can't leave the house because they can't suppor themselves

>> No.9811598

>>9811590
That's not really good enough to survive. The point is to continue your bloodline/species, no? You have to raise a kid that can feed itself as an adult and manages to have other kids. If it's a NEET, that's a fail.

>> No.9811600

>>9811554
>I like the idea of not getting buttfucked by the courts because I make more than my partner.

Tbh if the difference is that significant, you'd better reconsider the whole idea of relationships with such person. They must be really fine and you probably like them, but misalliances only work in movies and fairy tales.

>> No.9811613

>>9811589
It's not his daily, he has another car for that. But sure anon.

>> No.9811614

The truth is that you're not going to find a normie guy who finds any j-fashion attractive. Your choices are those with fetishes, anime nerds or other girls.

>> No.9811616

>>9811613
Sadly, it has to meet all three requirements to be sensible financially. Buying a second car just to have one for "fun" is pretty silly. Oh well, sunk costs gonna sink.

>> No.9811620

>>9811614
The truth according to whom? You? Several of my friends are dating normie guys who are perfectly okay with their fashion choices.

>> No.9811623

>>9811614
Ehhh from my experience most the girls into lolita aren't exactly what I'd call "normal" so I'm not sure why this is a problem.

>> No.9811629

>Have a guy who thinks it's cute what I dress in and gives me money
I feel that things like lolita makes it easier for you to find someone, most guys want an interesting girl with hobbys. You only benefit from that~
You just need to look in different places.

>> No.9811641

>>9810647
just get drunk with him and watch versailles
>>9808311

aside from that, a hobby is a hobby is a hobby. my man likes guns, and the first time i went over to his place he showed me his collection and told me all about them. am i into guns? nah. was i really interested at all? nah. am i going to suddenly dislike him for liking and talking about his hobby? nah.

so how are clothes any different? only a douche would make a snap judgement based on a harmless hobby. i say just get it out of the way and if they have a problem with something that makes you happy, either forget about them or agree to enjoy your hobbies separately. i'm never going to go to the shooting range with him, so he doesn't have to be my ouji bf and go to meets with me. be adults.

>> No.9811648

>>9811258
please tell me that pun was intended

>> No.9811653

My husband is also indifferent about lolita. His ex wife wore lolita and then they got a divorce because she cheated on him while he was at boot camp (p sure she lurks /cgl/ cuz she gets posted in the ita thread sometimes and tries to defend herself/have her stupid boyfriend defend her lmao).

Anyway, he doesn't mind it when I wear lolita. I have a job and buy it with my own money. But he always makes remarks like, "why are you all dressed up??" when I wear Liz Lisa.

>> No.9811657

>>9811041
I'm assuming you're significantly younger or something? Is this an age Gap relationship?

>> No.9811660

>>9811614
Thats some grade A /r9k/ statement here.
Dated a Jfash girl before I even watched a single anime and actually she introduced me to it, had mad fucking sewing/crafting skills and was an interesting person in general. All my normie friends in normietown also liked her.
Op just does things like keeping her main interest a secret for half a year or gets ideas like the pregnancy stuff.
Wearing fancy dresses and shitting pink sparkled cupcakes with butterflys won't make people less repulsive neither is it the sole reason for being alone. Its simply an important part of ones life.

>> No.9811662
File: 103 KB, 468x468, FFF37195-7B2C-49F8-8E35-17F44E651308.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9811648
Of course

>> No.9811703

>>9811616
It's supposed to be fun anon. I hardly hold my dresses to the same standards. It's not like the car was expensive. But do continue your lecture when you don't have any idea of our existing assets.

>> No.9811745

>>9811653
Please name and shame this cunt.

>> No.9811759

>>9811614
Many of us are married & boring anon. Don't speak for everyone.

>> No.9811854

My bf is kind of redneck-y desu and he loves me enough to listen to me when I complain or like stuff. He’s interested, even if he isn’t really. He made me explain replicas the other day.

My point is, get someone who loves all of you, not just part of you.

>> No.9811860

>>9811594
>that lestrade gif
i like you

>> No.9811862

>>9811142
I met mine on Twitter.

>> No.9811863

>>9811614
Speak for your self my bf (who I’ve been dating for around a year and a half) is a normie and he’s fit

>> No.9811864

>>9811142
I met mine on here

>> No.9811866

>>9811197
If the I person dated didn't want me listening to the music I like; watching the shows I like, dressing the way I want, and or drawing what I like, I'd breakup in a heartbeat.

>> No.9811867

>>9811242
they'll just dig up your grave
>>9811244
I'm more worried about being dressed in normie clothes.

>> No.9811869

>>9811614
Good thing I like nerds and hate norps.

>> No.9811911

>>9811242
I fully plan on getting cremated in my dream dress.

>> No.9811932
File: 275 KB, 1280x720, 95BB6E16-E1C0-4F99-868F-18ABED967447.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9811911
Will that make you the girl on fire?

>> No.9811933

I got into lolita after having been with my boyfriend for four years already. He was cool with cosplay and my other alternative fashion interests, so he didn't really have anything negative to say about lolita except for that he probably wouldn't like it if I wore it all the time. If I had become a lifestyler, that obviously would have become a problem between us, but I'm fairly casual and only wear it once or twice a week at most. He only ever has sweet things to say when I wear it and is cool with me getting frilled up for dates. I think he felt uncomfortable the first couple times we went out together, but we live in a pretty accepting area, so after people routinely complimented me in it, I think he quickly felt less awkward being seen with me like that.

He's a normie, and I'm happy having my own hobbies for the most part and am satisfied in our relationship, but sometimes I wish I could date another weeby lolita. I'd try to get my boyfriend into some of this stuff, but frankly he's way too tall a gaijin and not kawaii or kakkoii enough anyway.

>> No.9812029

>>9811745
Can't say, but she was in the ATL comm, don't think she wears lolita anymore. Apparently she just sells her nudes on Tumblr now lol

>> No.9812058

You bitches who think you can build a relationship without any similarities make me laugh.

>Oh but he's a cutie.
This is why your relationships fail.

>> No.9812092
File: 31 KB, 500x281, 1B777B6A-06F5-4056-957B-A46320B62F91.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9811550

>> No.9812100

>>9812058
there are fucking piles of lolitas here with successful stories so O K anon, you do you.

>> No.9812160

Been with my boyfriend nearly 8 years, and only been wearing lolita for around 4 years. I've always worn alt fashion and goth though so he didn't really bat an eyelid.
He's a gamer and has no interest in fashion whatsoever but he respects that I have different interests to him and that lolita is a fun hobby for me.

He's unemployed at the moment due to poor health, so I'm supporting both of us. I haven't brought any lolita clothes since last summer, but as I already own my dream dress and a small but cohesive wardrobe of other pieces I don't really mind. In fact I have 2 dresses I've not had a chance to wear yet (one needs an alteration and the other is too fancy for a normal meet) so I don't even feel like I'm missing out on buying things yet.

I am really glad I got into lolita when I did though, because as I get closer to 30, justifying buying a dress gets harder- I want to save up every penny I can towards buying a house.

>> No.9813243

>>9812100
Pretty sure they're talking about some of the jackballs in this thread, anon. Not every lolita ever.

>> No.9813390

My boyfriend thinks lolita is stupid and I think his camping hobby is stupid.
We encourage each other to have fun with our hobbies, but he won't be my ouji accessory, and I won't go camping with him. It's been working pretty well

>> No.9819384

>>9810647
my sugar daddy won't buy me any more dresses until I give him anal and I'm fucking mad about it

>> No.9819483

>>9819384
Anal for Angelic pretty

>> No.9820738

>>9819384
for real?

>> No.9820987
File: 57 KB, 246x205, DEFF8EB4-DF8E-47D7-862F-8D2625B457A5.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9819384

>> No.9821030

>>9819384
He'll probably get over it once you do it and he realizes it's not very good.

>> No.9821045

>>9810851

You're married. The money belongs to both of you.

>> No.9821250 [DELETED] 
File: 249 KB, 1000x563, MTYNlmh.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

my husband loves when I where lolita out. He's even more uppity about it then I am.
>takes me out to dinner
>waitress comes up to us
>"excuse me, ma'am? I love your costume"
> husband rolls eyes "yeeaah 'costume'...."

I love him .

>> No.9821259

>>9810697
It's not OP's fault her boyfriend didn't like the way she dressed, why should she stop dressing the way she wants to for him?

>> No.9821260
File: 495 KB, 500x321, love.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

my husband loves when I wear lolita out. He's even more uppity about it then I am.
>takes me out to dinner
>waitress comes up to us
>"excuse me, ma'am? I love your costume"
> husband rolls eyes "yeeaah 'costume'...."

I love him.

>> No.9821284

>>9821045

What are separated bank accounts.

Which, by the way, are recommended if you're only several years into marriage.

>> No.9821317

>>9821260
that is fucking goals right there

>> No.9821324

>>9821260
Perfect husbands don't exi...

>> No.9821331

>>9811553
>Implying I don't put away tons of my money into investment assets for retirement while also squandering plenty on lolita

Sucks to suck, I guess

>> No.9821337

My bf is really happy every time I wear lolita and always wants to take pictures of me before we go out. He always tells me people are looking at me because I look so cute. I know that it's actually because I'm dressed strangely, but it makes me happy how excited he gets and how cute /he/ thinks I am.

>> No.9821347

>>9821260
This reminds me of when I was wearing AP's Milky Planet and a tourist came up to my husband and asked him if he designed my outfit. He responded with, "uhh... no."

>> No.9821490

How would a guy who isnt mad creepy meet a lolita? I am asking for like....a friend.

>> No.9821494

>>9821490
Place good lace on a stick and wait outside a cake shop.

>> No.9821502

>>9821494 NICE. Well I am gonna spend my sewing time on silk instead of denim and invest in durable crates. Im looking to wear this Urameshi before I die....that and experience the removal of a bodice.

>> No.9821505
File: 23 KB, 236x366, 1512679283986.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

My boyfriend is starting to sideeye my spending habits. I spending my own money, but I'm close to broke. I'm expecting an intervention any day now desu.

>> No.9821515
File: 17 KB, 291x222, PffIdon'tknow.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9811138
>Some anon also said 'well because I like to sit waiting for my car to be repaired you're not a real lolita if you don't do mundane chores in lolita.'

I'm fucking baffled by this comparison.

>> No.9821517
File: 60 KB, 960x932, 18920428_2000329673537533_7618117188000017138_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>be me
>first time meeting boyfriend
>thought he was literally the normiest person i've ever met
>normie hobbies, normie appearances, normie friends
>thought he wouldn't understand

>be me one year later
>deciding what to wear out for a meet
>i'm going out with my boyfriend to a fancy restaurant after so I'm afraid to wear something too OTT
>"fuck the haters anon, wear your 3f bonnet and that dress you just got, I know you've been dying to wear it"

I ended up taking off my bonnet when we went to dinner because I was personally embarrassed but man if that isn't true love idk what is.

>still me
>boyfriend had a dream dress FOR me
>"it looks like a final boss dress"
>we hunted it down together

>on a date to a gothic style castle museum
>wearing sort-of OTT classic (? no idea what to call it. It's baby's princessy shit)
>big group of korean mid-age ladies fawning over me asking to take pictures, wonders if I'm an actress
>boyfriend chuckling and takes turns with their phones to take group pictures with me lol
>giggle about it after

>see a cute dress on LM
>what do you think about this dress boyfriend-kun?
>it's cute but nah your other dream dress is similar but cuter

>"anon I'll take you to Japan when you graduate so you can finally go to closetchild lol"
>"let's go when there's a grand bazaar sale"

>be us, dressed in normie at a small club.
>his friend comes up to us and be like "oh yeah this is the girl who was wearing like the maid costume last time right?"
>me:
>bf:
>me:
>bf:
>me: looks at boyfriend nervously, kind of shy so idk what to say
>bf: um no it's called fashion look it up.

>> No.9821522

>>9811546
>Fun cars are literally the worst thing to throw money at
I own five cars and a motorcycle on a single income. Fight me.

>> No.9821528

>>9821030
If anal isn't great, you aren't doing it right.
(Because it is)

>> No.9821530

>>9821522 A wise and honest man told me to only waste money on fast cars, slow women and overpriced candy..

>> No.9821532

>>9821530
None of them are particularly fast and half are stationary.

>> No.9821533

>>9821528
> This / is alright....

>> No.9821535

>>9821532
>>9821532 Thats not vary wasteful sounding. Just sad...

>> No.9821538

>>9821494
My town doesn't have any cake shops. What's the next best thing?

>> No.9821540

>>9821517
This warmed my heart and the last bit reminded me of a thing that happened with my boyfriend a few months ago.
>At a friend's house with bf for chill lunch, wearing Meta's Cat Door skirt and BTSSB blouse.
>Friend's friends show up
>Oh shit they look like cool fashion bloggers and I look like a frilly doof
>They all focus in on my outfit, mainly my shoes
>Turns out they like my pink tea parties
>Coolest girl says "You're so cute, this is pastel goth right?"
>I start to stutter "Uh... Well... Not quite... Uh..."
>BF smiles and squeezes my hand under table.
>Feel braver
>"Actually it's a Jfashion called lolita fashion."
>I can see images of the wrong kind of lolita flash through cool girl's eyes and she kinda switches off.
>The fashion crowd start talking to each other. BF and I go to kitchen to help my friend with cooking.
>We leave a few hours later.
>As soon as we're outside he gives me a big hug.
>Says he could see me worrying about what people would think but felt proud of me for standing up for something that was important to my life.

>> No.9821541

>>9821535
I'll make them all driveable. Eventually. One of them is going away soon, either to scrap or a teenager, but will be immediately replaced with an actual runner that won't get fucked with too much.
I absolutely recognize that I have a problem but I have no intention of fixing it.

>> No.9821543

>>9819384
I've had to break off sugar daddies because they were demanding anal too.

>> No.9821547

>>9821541 Hey no arguments here. On the opposite he told me to invest in eco vehicles, cold-pressed juice and women who can spell applicable.

>> No.9821548

>>9821543
>>9821543 YEAH. Demand is too strong...more like sneakily encourage. A polite thumb at most...

>> No.9821550

>>9821538
>>9821538 Learn baking? TEACAKES...bitches love teacakes.

>> No.9821552

>>9821547
>Invest in eco vehicles
That reminds me, I still need to do something sensible for my retirement so I think I'll invest in lithium mining.

>> No.9821554

>>9821550
I'll get right on that. It'll definitely garner some questionable looks from my roommates but I don't even care anymore.

>> No.9821555

>>9821554 If you live in a traditional bachelors den...you're more likely to make people say your legit than get called fag. Baking may not be manly, but when you all share 2k square its nice if someone does something other than sads-turbate and pretend to apply to jobs.

>> No.9821559

>>9821555
To the best of my knowledge I'm the only one "sad-sturbating" and we all have very well-paying jobs. In 7 months of living here we only really use the oven for the occasional pizza. Most food goes in the grill.

>> No.9821573

>>9821517
Treasure him, anon, he's really nice person. It's not even about clothes, because you may stop wearing them at once, but anyways you gonna have someone who supports you in whatever you like. That's a huge luck.

>> No.9821603

>>9821490
Please don't do this >>9821494
I can just imagine you awkwardly standing around any lolita-friendly location (a cake shop or otherwise) and it's so silly, and yes it is creepy.
The best way is to go to a con that holds lolita events. Be sociable and friendly, use lolita terminology when discussing the clothes to show that you understand that it's not some
"kawaii loli cosplay" and you might have a chance of making a connection. Just keep in mind that there's a chance (not a guarantee but still) the girls in these events dress up only to cons so they're more like cosplayers than actual lolitas.

>> No.9821615

>>9821603 Was fully joking but thank you for adding a serious bit of expertise. I know 0 terminology but I know my clothes and I;m not awkward haha. I work in medicine direct with patients so I'm good at breaking the ice...I just haven't done any socializing with women who like stuff similar to me in 6 or so years and have largely given up due to the "Nerd/comcifangirl6867/So random lulz" anime and gaming communities. Plus I like frills, it's like hanging out with a sexy doily......

>> No.9821618

Once I've been dealing with normal normie guy, who was mocking me for buying knock-off (sic!). Since then I feel like it's better sometimes to date someone who doesn't care about lolita at all. I need my space free from community salt!

>> No.9821619
File: 108 KB, 443x441, 1457060097703.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9821615
>a sexy doily
I'll just stop you right there because if you think lolita is sexy, this likely won't work out for you.

>> No.9821620

>>9821618
You didn't deserve him, you knock-off buying bitch.

>> No.9821645

>>9811120
Lmfao i was there it was the weirdest thread
>>9821284
Did you mean a few months?
>>9811041
This has to be a troll

>> No.9821669
File: 14 KB, 236x265, get the fuck away.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9821615
>I know 0 terminology but I know my clothes and I;m not awkward haha.

seconding >>9821619 here

>> No.9821678

Ugh my bf knew from the start I wore and enjoyed this clothing and he pretends to be supportitive but hes always asking "Are you still going to wear it when youre 30?" and "Why do you wear it?"

I keep answering him that I will wear it as long as I want and I wear it because I like the clothes, but its really annoying. I love the guy though and I have tried to tone myself down for him. I iused to wear lolita daily but now I save it for when I am on my own or going to a meet.

I understand he doesnt get it and I understand he hates being looked at in public, but he says all the time he would never want to tell me what to wear, but at the same time he just cant get over it.

I told him though that if he did try to tell me what I could and couldnt wear, that would be the end of it.

>> No.9821685

>>9821619
>
>>9821619 yknow...I was trying to type D O I L Y. Like the thing a cup goes on. Dolly makes it sound way grosser. And yeah...not a pedo I like frills...I spent time in too many irish barn dances and dig a girl who likes something that isnt fucking twitter

>> No.9821699
File: 65 KB, 632x1024, _0.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9821615
>>9821619
>>9821669
>>9821685
>sexy doily
Holy shit my sides

>> No.9821702

>>9821685
I did type doily, you mong. I didn't claim you were a pedo or into ddlg or whatever, I just said that finding the fashion sexy is a no-go.

>> No.9821708

>>9821702 weird...I dont understand why finding it not would help. I like clothes, I own a denim line.Co-own at least. If I thought jeans made people look bad I wouldnt fuck with them...

>> No.9821713

>>9821702
I agree with >>9821699, I laughed out loud and scared my cat when I read sexy doily. I'm guessing these folks who don't get it are sleep-deprived Americans.

>> No.9821720

>>9821713
Not American and I know what a doily is, it's just irrelevant to the point.

>>9821708
Lolitas typically dress for themselves, not to appeal to the male gaze; you can like it, you find it beautiful or appealing or whatever, but finding it sexy sets off alarm bells for most of us.
>I own a denim line
Fabulous.
I'm going to be completely honest, you sound normie as shit, and probably a bit creepy if you're looking for a fuckmate based on what they're wearing. Please stick to your denim and stay away from us.

>> No.9821721
File: 128 KB, 959x1152, 564574064317042fcf1f1277212ae7c2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Surprised that more lolitas don't just date nerdy guys. I always see a ton of ladies on /cgl/ dating normies, though lots of anime nerds aren't that appealing and not every lolita watches anime, I suppose...

I'm not a lolita or a cosplayer, but I love to collect cute things girls like and have generally pretty weeby interests. My own boyfriend is like me, but focuses on cool things boys like.

When I express interest in jfash, even things I wouldn't personally wear but like the aesthetics of, he supports the idea of me liking clothes like that and doesn't mind in the slightest. He only wants for my happiness, and likely wouldn't even be bothered a bit if I wore something wild like OTT lolita in public with him, as long as it was something that I loved to do. One day when I have the means, I hope to wear comfy yet cute mori-like clothes that walk the line between normie and fashionable.

>> No.9821728

>>9821720
Chill, anon. I think he sounds OK.

>> No.9821729

>>9821721
Im >>9821678 and my bf actually is nerdy. He's just also extremely concerned with being viewed normal.

Its just a personal problem of his that I hope he can get over.

>> No.9821730

>>9821720 I dont need a fuckmate....LOL...and if I'm a normie to you whatever. But there is something kinda messed up about doing something you inherently want others to disassociate with you. Its like saying a man finding a womans laugh sexy has made her laugh objectified....how about turn down the sensitivity on your perv radar because the things causing all kinds of false alarms.

>> No.9821735

>>9821729
Hopefully it's something he eventually learns to just let go of, some people tend to grow out of most of their anxiety/inhibition but some people hang on to it for years.

I'm a pretty good example of not giving 90% of a shit anymore while my brother still worries about even very little things. It helps a lot when you realize nobody else cares that much and if they do, the opinion of a stranger is simply meaningless.

>> No.9821737

>>9821728 this is good to hear because I was wondering if the doily joke made me seem an ass. I'm honestly coming at this form an entirely outside view...I am a huge fan of a select few things and a cross section of fashion and anime/Japanese culture seemed like an entire world of things i could respect. Plus older style dresses are ridiculous complex...like the hardest patterns Ive ever done...

>> No.9821738

>>9821730
>there is something kinda messed up about doing something you inherently want others to disassociate with you
What does that even mean? Your irrelevant opinion on my fashion choice, and my rejection of your opinion, doesn't mean I "disassociate" with my hobby. If anything it means I disassociate with your dick, which, much like your opinion, you should be keeping to yourself in the first place.

>> No.9821739

>>9821738 You posted me back haha. Ok you win, My opinions and dick dont like you leave me be.

>> No.9821744

>>9821735
Yeah I really hope he does because he always says he loves the way I am, but he sure doesnt act like it.

I think hes trying though, he will go out with me while im wearing lolita, but hes always braced for something bad to happen, which is funny because every time we have gone out while I was wearing lolita I have always gotten, "Wow thats really pretty!" and "Oh wow did you make that?" and no bad words ever.

But I know hes waiting for it to happen.

>> No.9821750

If someone thinks you might be mocked it would put them on edge if they care about you. I dont think I can imagine a scenario where it would happen but the idea someone could casually make something a person I loved hurt them might make me bristly. Just dating very short woman can lead to this for many guys...

>> No.9822823

>>9811424
You act like that's totally crazy for a non-autistic, non-traditional person, friend

>> No.9822839

>>9819384
How does one get a sugar daddy?

>> No.9822880

>>9822839
>Be attractive
>Don't be unattractive
>Become an actual prostitute
>Continue until you find a repeat customer you get along with who's loaded
>Make him your only client
You now have a sugar daddy.

>> No.9822975
File: 7 KB, 205x246, download.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'm lucky that my fiance really likes lolita, thinks I'm cute in it and loves the fact that it makes me happy. We're even getting an ouji outfit together for him so he can come to meets. He's a fully supportive partner!

But the best part is that we're getting married this year, and I was having trouble finding a dress that I liked and was affordable. When I texted him while I was at work to suggest maybe wearing lolita (I wasn't totally sold on the idea myself at that point) he sent back "Fuck yes!!!!!"

So I have a lolita dress that may work in the mail (Dramatic Rose) to me right now and I'm so excited to come up with the rest of my coord. We're eloping, so we're not doing anything fancy or traditional, just what we want, and part of that is wearing lolita!

Sorry for the blogpost, just wanted to share my happies.

>> No.9822977

>>9822975
>When do you tell your boyfriend about lolita fashion when you're in a relationship with them?

As for OPs actual question, I actually got into lolita while with my fiance (we've been together for 7 years, I've been a lolita for around 5). He's been into it from the start...though sometimes he likes things that are a little ita! But so do I...I just don't call it proper lolita so we're all good.

>> No.9823004

>>9822975
Anytime I think about my possible weddong I see myself wearing lolita. I've never been a fan of those huge floor length dresses, it looks so tasteless to me. But at another hand, lolita seems like low-key, almost casual option. What if I regret for not going the fanciest I can.

>> No.9823006

>>9810647

...From the beginning? It's part of my interests and generally if you talk to ppl you talk about interests...

>> No.9823013

My boyfriend just told me he wouldn't be able to kiss me if I'd be wearing lolita, because he'd feel like a pedophile. Gee, thanks.

>> No.9823029

>>9823004
If you fancy up your coord you definitely won't be casual! I've done bridal modelling before and wedding dresses are just so...not me. Lovely, and cool to wear, but not me. Part of my decision to go lolita was that I wanted to be authentic to myself, and not wear something that felt like a costume. I think you'd regret doing something inauthentic more than you're regret not being fancy.

(Also, think of how fancy your coordinate would be for the same amount of money you'd spend on a wedding dress)

>> No.9823419

>>9822839
There are sites dedicated to all that jazz if you're interested.

>> No.9824341

>>9823419
sure

>> No.9824481

>>9811478
Update because I think it's funny. I picked up an actual pillow for my Mr Yan dakimakura and this morning when I left for work I put the pillow on my side of the bed and told my boyfriend it was there if he needed it. He sleepily rolled over and cuddled the pillow. I don't know why but I couldn't stop giggling.

>> No.9824487
File: 76 KB, 500x643, mryan.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9824481
Pics please! This sounds like comedy gold

>> No.9831036

>>9810746
lolita is a fashion, dipshit. it can be worn at any time

>> No.9831039

>>9821045
not true. she's using her money that she made. he has no say in how she uses her money.

>> No.9831042

>>9811234
wholesome. my fiance is supportive as well and he doesn't actually know, but my wedding dress is going to be lolita. he likes it but he is nervous about what people in public think.
he doesn't mind so that makes me happy.

>> No.9831045

>>9823013
that's when you leave because you can't date someone who doesn't know the difference between fashion and pedophilia :3

>> No.9831050

>>9831039
That's not how joint bank accounts work.

>> No.9831052

>>9811142
I met mine in an irc.

>> No.9831054

Sort of in response to the sexy doily issue, but also from my personal experience... men tend to sexualize things differently? They can find a style of clothing attractive without getting to the point of fetishizing it. My bf found lolita fashion to be sexy when he first discovered it, and then got interested in the community (this was in LJ days) because he found the drama entertaining. After lurking in egl for a while, he realized that most lolitas aren't wearing it to be sexy, and thus he got past some of his feelings about it in that department. This was all well before he met me - and though we met outside of a fashion context, I told him about it very early on, it was still a slight turn-on to him but not in a problematic way, and we hit it off very well. He's interested enough in the fashion that he's very good at buying gifts of things that I'll wear and that fit my wardrobe, so much so that I can run an outfit by him and get useful concrit, but that's probably helped by him being good at coordinating his own clothes (even though they aren't j-fashion).

>> No.9831064

When I mentioned to my bf that I wanted to start wearing lolita he started gushing about how cute it’d be on me, we’re both attentive to eachother and try and take interest in eachothers hobbies etc also do yourselves a favor and stop going after chad normie boys

>> No.9831068

>>9811589
Tell that to my '69 Barracuda

>> No.9831766

>>9831050
>having a joint bank account while married
lmao

>> No.9831769

>>9831064
You sound credible

>> No.9831771
File: 29 KB, 413x419, 1343094774255.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9831766
>Getting married

>> No.9831880

>>9811600
>Misalliances
You’re just a shit stain of a human being aren’t you?

>> No.9832037

>>9831050
then don't have a joint bank account. sounds like hes a douche

>> No.9836989

>>9821517
>>9821540
boyfriend material.

It reminds me of my bf
>buys me my first dream dress
>tells me when my petti isn't perfect
>learn to tie a bow correctly
those are just a few things, he's making a good effort!

He's a normie, but he does put effort in when I dress up. I have a purple dress that matches a dress shirt of his, and he loves going out like that.

He knows that lolita makes me happy, and he likes it when I'm dressed up, because it makes me feel good about myself. He's a gamer, so he spends about the same amount of money on his hobby, too.

>> No.9837228

>>9821685
Oh man, you're the gross fetishist

>> No.9837352
File: 80 KB, 686x689, 1476155288063.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9811221
Why would anyone have sex with girls when porn exists?
Why would anyone fap to girls when traps exist?

Checkmate ladies

>> No.9838073

>>9811253
Holy shit I don't know how but this post was the final piece to a very confusing puzzle to me. Thank you anon you have genuinely changed my life

>> No.9838077

>>9837352
gay

>> No.9838088

My boyfriend met me for the first time while I was wearing Lolita, and didn't actually see me in normie clothes until a few months after we first met.

He's very supportive of it, he always tells me I look cute. I got very, very careful of when and where to wear Lolita for a while because of an ex being a little weird about it, but he's always encouraging me to wear it when I get a chance since I only get to dress nice once a week or less. When I get ready for meetups he's like my hypeman, I feel so lucky.

>> No.9839790

>>9821517
>bf: um no it's called fashion look it up.
marry this one

>> No.9839923

I was 29 when I met my boyfriend and was terrified to mention lolita to him. He is a stereotypical manly man, works in construction, Super fit, drives a huge truck, loves sports, owns a few properties and has expensive taste. He looks like he belongs in a GQ magazine or something and I thought I was so not his type already so I definitely shouldn't mention my expensive alternative fashion hobby. Ultimately though I brought it up on our first date. I figured he wouldn't want to he caught dead with a 30 year old woman that wears lolita and I shouldn't get my hopes up that it wouldn't weird him out. Turns out, he loves the modesty aspect of lolita and goes so far as to buy me AP and support me by wearing suits when we go out if I wear lolita. He always tells I look beautiful when I leave the house. This is a radical difference from my ex who hated it and made faces anytime I wore it. He had to go.
Tl;dr bring it up early in the relationship. Intolerance of integral parts of your life should be a deal breaker. The man or woman that's meant for you won't make you choose between them or lolita