[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 725 KB, 717x538, 14380_original.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9882190 No.9882190 [Reply] [Original]

Let's do one of these again. Bonus points for OC pictures or collages.

>How many main pieces do you have?
>What's the oldest brand you have?
>What's the most recently released brand you have?
>Overall theme?
>Any rare/grail dresses?
>Do you buy new or second hand more?
>Anything you wish you had more of?
>How do you store clothes/accessories/shoes?

>> No.9882221

An older Triple Tier Karami from Baby. No idea of the release date, but I'm pretty sure it was 2007? Lolibrary only has 2002 and 2018, but I know it was re-released more often.
Probably the misty sky mto from last year or the Chocolate Rosette special set from last year.
>Overall theme?
Sweet, themes everywhere from toys, space/sky, mermaid, carnival, chocolate, berries. Whatever appeals to me I guess.
>Any rare/grail dresses?
I have a dream sky laforet special set jsk. That's probably the rarest thing?
Second hand more often, but I was buying directly from brands much more often when I had my previous job. Now I probably won't be buying anything for a long while because my income drastically dropped, but I'm doing something I love with more time to wear the fashion, so it works out.
Maybe hats, berets, interchangeable headwear. I have a lot of matching headbows, but I want to switch things up.
Main pieces are in an ikea wardrobe. Blouses are in a closet in the same room. Headbows on a scarf hanger from ikea. Worked great when I had 20, now they're falling off. Same with my otks. I like being able to see them and easily pick them out but I need to move them to drawers soon. Jewelry mostly stored in the wardrobe along with bonnets and other headwear. Tights in a plastic bin, petticoats in a bin, bags lined up on the bottom of my wardrobe.

>> No.9882257

No collage because I'm on mobile, but I'll post it later if anyone is interested.

85, counting a few that are in the mail.
I have a couple pieces from 2009. One Aatp and one AP. I'd kill for some older Mary Magdalene though
Do MTOs count? Because I'm waiting on 2 misty skies and 1 AP tea party set. In terms of things I actually own, the most recent things I got new are the misty sky special set in grey and the Astronomical Clock revival JSK.
>Overall theme?
Theme? What's that? My wardrobe is an uncohesive mess and I love it.
>Any rare/grail dresses?
I guess. These days I don't even know what counts as a grail dress. I have the Vampire Requiem short JSK in lavender, AatP Gloria, Favorite Ribbon in black, and the lavender Cinema Doll JSK. Probably some other things that are rare-ish but I wouldn't really elevate them to anywhere near grail status.
Secondhand. New releases haven't been doing much for me lately.
Blouses and bags. College-aged me blew my budget on main pieces and I'm still playing catch up.
I have an entire bedroom that mostly serves as brand storage (it's also my office, but I can't work from home due to the nature of my job). My blouses, coats,and dresses hang up in the closet or on a garment rack I installed on one of the walls. My bags are on a shelf above those dresses, except for a few that I lay flat or hang from a hook on the wall. I keep my shoes in boxes in the closet. A VM bonnet also lives in the closet in its hat box. My hair accessories are on a wire shelving unit that they share with cutsews, socks, and other things that can't be hung up. I'm kind of running out of space, so any storage tips would be appreciated.

>> No.9882262
File: 287 KB, 600x483, manaownsme.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

2002 Moitie ribbon headdress.
Moitie Neo Gothic Arch JSK.
>Overall theme?
Gothic architecture and religious motifs.
>Any rare/grail dresses?
Divine Cross JSK Sendai edition, I Do Declare Embroidered Sacred Heart Gown.
Secondhand, but actively purchasing new Moitie and Atelier Pierrot these days.
Blouses and accessories.
Dedicated closet space for main pieces, socks/head stuff/accessories are in a cubic shelf unit inside baskets.

>> No.9882285

AP 2002 and IW 2002
AP 2016 or it might of been 2017
>Overall theme?
Sweet/Classic and Old school
>Any rare/grail dresses?
I dont believe so
Second hadn
Old school items
Velvet hangers, one of those over the door shoe holders, and some of those plastic stackable cubes.

>> No.9882305
File: 1.80 MB, 2448x2448, 530A26FC-0059-4BD9-AC4E-F81683E9E54B.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

80 ish. Haven’t kept track, attached photo is from the wardrobe post I never posted.
BTSSB Gingham Rose OP (2007) not too old.
Celestial from AP that’s on the way, otherwise probably lacy basket.
>Overall theme?
Lots of bright colors. Sailor, florals, marine, animals.
>Any rare/grail dresses?
RRL OP and dream marine? Not sure of what rare is right now.
Definitely second hand, though I will buy new from the store if I suspect something will be hard to find secondhand, and or I’m in love with the print.
I wish I had more tights and accessories. Most of the tights I have are series specific but I’m working on it.
I have all of my dresses hung up, my shoes are in boxes or they’re by the doorway for ones I wear frequently. Accessories and jewelry are kept in jewelry boxes, socks are rolled up in a box, and other items are kept in a lolita specific bag I have in my closet. Bags are hung up on the wall.

>> No.9882333

an unknown Metamorphose OP
some IW OTKs
>Overall theme?
grumpy antique doll in grandma couch print dress
>Any rare/grail dresses?
none that I can think of, although most of my main pieces were grail-tier at some point
second hand
accessories, blouses, shoes
I keep lolita in a separate wardrobe (the other one is used for normie clothes), some pieces are stored in dust covers, legwear is rolled up in a fabric organizer, hair accessories/headwear and bags are in a plastic box, shoes on a separate shelf.

>> No.9882341
File: 20 KB, 250x333, 393aa451d8dbf6a0c895ae65fa3bd863.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Probably around 20
The only things that I know for sure is an AP Crown Trump OP and a Baby jacket both from 2005. I have a lot of unknown stuff that is probably older but I can't find any info on them.
AP Magic Amulet (2016)
>Overall theme?
Generally kind of old school, mostly all black or black x white. Some random prints.
>Any rare/grail dresses?
Most stuff I have is pretty rare I guess. Crown Trump has become a grail that I didn't even know existed because it's so underrated...I can't even find pics of the black colorway that I have (but pic related anyway)
Second hand because I'm into older stuff.
More true old school. I love most early 2000s dresses.
Main pieces and outerwear on a rolling rack with a nylon cover over them (so they don't get faded by the sun). Most blouses, socks, head accessories in drawers. Jewelry in a jewelry box. Shoes and bags in my real (normie) closet.

>> No.9882346
File: 76 KB, 422x480, IMG_4524.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

2001 gobelin JSK by Baby
I wear old school so the newest main piece is from 2006 or so. Newest item is a Baby bolero from 2013.
>Overall theme?
Romantic, old-fashioned, countryside feeling. Plenty of florals, tiered solids, and straw accessories. There is a pretty even split between Baby, AP, and Meta main pieces.
>Any rare/grail dresses?
Not in particular, but all my pieces are very special to me.
Second hand
I would love some more old school blouses and shoes especially. My goal is to curate a lovely wardrobe full of only pieces I love and can create many different coords with.
I store everything in my closet, but I would like to put my hair accessories on hooks for display.

>> No.9882360

24 at the moment, planning on buying Kumya's Marine Island so that'll make 25.
Queen of Snow by Baby (2012). But I used to own Rose Toilette by AP (2007) and plan to again one day.
AaTP's Night of the Devil's Castle (2017), but again planning on getting Kumya's Marine Island.
>Overall theme?
I mostly have navy dresses. I like stuffed animal and celestial themed dresses a lot.
>Any rare/grail dresses?
Sweetie Chandelier OP I guess? I used own a few but found I didn't wear them enough so sold most of my "grail" pieces.
Secondhand. Have bought a few things new recently though.
Need more wardrobe staples like brand blouses. I plan on buying a few this summer.
Hang dresses with matching blouses in my closet or fold those with elastic in the sleeves and place them on the bottom of my armoire. I keep socks and accessories in those shoe cubby things. Jewelry hangs on a rack, bags in my closet. Wigs have a storage bin in my room, pettis are in a bag and cage skirts folded and kept in bags too.

>> No.9882419
File: 1.53 MB, 1182x1238, wardrobe.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

My wardrobe currently. Ive been collecting for about 4 years. My main style is sweet (I love 2008-2012 era AP) but recently I've been working on expanding my wardrobe a bit and experimenting with other styles. I'm mostly interested in getting into gothic but I feel like a complete newbie again since I never paid attention to it before (releases, brands, etc). Its a slow process since I need to build up enough accessories and staples to get it going like shoes and blouses.

Overall I'm really happy when I look at my dresses. I have a lot of pieces I absolutely adore even if they aren't particularly rare or expensive. I do have some stuff I need to sell or want to switch to the other cut for, but I've been too lazy. My favorite dresses in my closet would be Milky Berry, Fancy Paper Dolls, Wonder Cookie, Marine Kingdom, and the apron MAM piece. I love the print of Jewelry Jelly SO. MUCH. But I hate how all of them are so faded looking. I want to get the other cut eventually because I dont love wearing the one I have. I like Holy Lantern the print well enough but its by far one of my comfiest and most flattering dresses to wear, so it gets extra points for that.

>main pieces
>most recent release you own
The mushroom JSK is on preorder right now? But I dont have it in hand yet. Before that was probably the re-release of Holy Lantern (the first time they did the pink colorway)
>do you buy second hand more?
Yes 100%. I dont usually love new releases enough to buy them on release. A lot of my favorite dresses are 5+ years old
>anything you wish you had more of?
I've really fallen in love with solid dresses recently and other brands outside of AP. I want more Maxicimam and Meta right now
I have a room dedicated to lolita/cute aesthetic

>> No.9882423

BTSSB
Maybe AP?
>Overall theme?
Mature sweet, simple dresses and cuts with minimal accessories.
>Any rare/grail dresses?
Maybe some popular prints, nothing too rare
Secondhand right now
Headbows and matching shoes
>How do you store clothes/accessories
I’ve dedicated cupboard space for them but minimising my normie clothes

>> No.9882453

>How many main pieces do you have? 15, plus a few more casual pieces from lolita brands (cutsew OPs, etc)
>What's the oldest brand you have? I have three pieces from 2004.
>What's the most recently released brand you have? Uhhhhhh...2009? Fuck I'm old. Those pieces were new when I was starting out LOL. Unless casual brand pieces, socks or accessories count? I buy those new fairly regularly.
>Overall theme? Old school/sweet (but not too sweet). Starting to get more into classic/gothic now that I'm getting older, but always styled in a more old school/traditional way because honestly I'm not feeling a lot of the recent trends from the last 5 years or so.
>Any rare/grail dresses? Not really, but I do have several of the old school BTSSB fairytale prints which are getting harder and harder to find. And I have the Snow White print, which I never ever see for sale (not even 8-10 years ago).
>Do you buy new or second hand more? Second hand, but I always buy socks new because used socks are fucking disgusting. I would buy new more except, as I said above, I'm not feeling a lot of new releases. There's a few I have my eye on though, especially that floral OP Meta has right now.
>Anything you wish you had more of? Shoes and bags. Especially bags. I'm just not a shoe/bag girl so I spend all my money on blouses/main pieces and then realize I have nothing to accessorize them with.
>How do you store clothes/accessories/shoes? I have a spare bedroom with a standalone wardrobe that I keep everything together in separate from my regular clothes.

>> No.9882482

Roughly 60, maybe 70
Vm skirt from 2001
I have bought a thing from every MMM release in 2018, so most recent is Neo Gothic arch op
>Overall theme?
Goth life
>Any rare/grail dresses?
D walkure stuff, Katrina and Ap’s Gloria. VR skirt if that still counts.
I prefer second hand
I have a lot I really don’t need anything
Stand alone closet

>> No.9882729
File: 2.20 MB, 1396x1200, blehhh.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

At least 20
An oldschool baby dress, probably. It was my first piece. I've seen it on lolibrary before but it's one of those pieces with a lot of similarity to others released in that timeframe with only minor details differentiating it so it's kinda annoying to find.
I guess the cotton candy shop special set?? Not really a fan of most modern stuff.
>Overall theme?
I own so much tartan. Like, too much. It probably makes up around half of everything i own. Also angels, mushrooms and sailor collars. I also have a soft spot for rabbits but most bunny prints are a bit too cutesy for my taste so I don't have a tonne, mostly ETC stuff or putumayo for casual wear.
>Any rare/grail dresses?
The original metamorphose pink camo release. So rare I couldn't even find a photo of it online. I was going to buy the skirt in another cut since I saw it for cheap on closetchild but I missed out. I would kill somebody for hospitality doll.
Secondhand, I have bought one or two new with tags stuff on closetchild/wunderwelt however, or from other lolitas. My taste tends towards niche things that I can find for relatively cheap.
Shoes and bags. I have the bare minimum to be able to coordinate with my fairly colour-cohesive wardrobe but for some reason find it harder to justify an expensive purchase for these items, probably because I'm a clutz who scuffs everything.
I have a double wardrobe for my stuff but its so packed, I need more space. Shoes sit below the hanger space. Blouses are on shelves, I have one of those sock hanger things from aliexpress which is great! Oh and I have like a horizontal coat hanger thing drilled into my wall to hang my bags on that's super cute.

>> No.9882741

>>9882190
AP Rose Toilette (2007)
AP Holiday Collection
>Overall theme?
Sweet-classic
>Any rare/grail dresses?
Honey Cake jsk set in ivory
Secondhand
Classic pieces
In 3 large garment bags, a small rack and 3 storage bins

>> No.9882871
File: 82 KB, 900x1200, iw-church choir flare op.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

41 including skirts, and excluding underskirts.
A Meta OP+apron set from 2000.
IW's square neck OP in solid black, which was released a few weeks ago.
>Overall theme?
No theme, just easy-to-wear solids, unless contrasting white collars count as a theme. I do have quite a few nun-style OPs in my wardrobe though so there's that.
>Any rare/grail dresses?
I have a few old school pieces but I doubt they're very rare, except for the fact they nearly never come on sale secondhand. No known holy grail pieces, either.
Secondhand more, mostly because I prefer materials and designs that were more common years ago. I buy new a few times a year, when brands release designs that I like.
Nothing specific, just more of everything. My wardrobe is already functional for daily wear but I like expanding it further.
My garments are split between two wardrobes: The smaller one contains my blouses, cutsews, skirts, accessories, and undergarments, and the bigger one contains my dresses.
I keep my jewelry in fabric pouches and boxes that I organize in the drawers of my desk, for easy access when I get dressed, and my shoes are on a shoe rack next to my large wardrobe.

>> No.9882884

Around 60.
BTSSB Alice set (OP with apron) from 2002, assuming there aren't any re-releases with the same style.
Meta's latest waloli set.
>Overall theme?
Sweet, some classic, a bit of goth.
>Any rare/grail dresses?
Honey Cake and Hospitality Doll.
I buy a lot of new, but honestly buying secondhand is way more satisfying.
I actually wish I could cut down my wardrobe, but selling a main piece is really hard to do.
Poorly. I stack skirts in clip hangers. Shoes go on a shelf inside the closet, and accessories are sorted into boxes. Blouses take up one drawer and socks another. Headbows and other hair things go in a giant plastic tub container.
>>9882419
This is hilarious to me because I was the same. I fell so hard for Rosy's Masquerade and now I'm buying more AatP.

>> No.9882970
File: 383 KB, 753x508, wardrobe.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

28, though Jewelry Snow is still in MTO phase
Fanatstic Dolly and Melty Chocolate are 2010. Technically Vampire Requiem which is a 2009 print, but it's the 2011 rerelease JSK.
I'm pretty sure it's Sweet Lacy Basket, but technically Jewelry Snow is still in the making.
>Overall theme?
Sweet, I like chocolates, cats and roses. But I'm trying to have an elegant/royal theme as well. Also Halloween.
>Any rare/grail dresses?
Probably CTP and Honey Cake
Lately it's 50/50. I don't like everything AP does lately, but they still release nice things. Looking forward to "My favourite room".
Burando shoes, berets and jewelry.
I have a big open wardrobe for my dresses with a rack for shoes and a headbow-roll for these. For other things I have various cute boxes.

>> No.9882972
File: 36 KB, 418x432, IMG-20180421-WA0004.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Please, more pictures! I love seeing inside people's closets, even if it's messy. It's cool seeing the rows of different coloured items, and just the overarching colour scheme of individual people's wardrobes.

>> No.9883047

Counting coats and breeches, 25
MmM cutsew from 2005, also a lot of MmM jewellery where one can't tell whether they are 1999 or 2013. Outside of brand I have a hat, waistcoat and a dress coat and some jewellery that were produced somewhere between 1860 and 1910.
A couple of AatP socks from 2017
>Overall theme?
Vampire priests lol
>Any rare/grail dresses?
Ruins Cathedral
Secondhand, I'm on a student income
S h i r t s but men's size MmM shirts seldom shows up secondhand
Two wardrobes, bags and bonnets on a shelf. Floor length coats after season are hanged on the door to my room, the coat hanger in the hallway isn't high enough from the floor.

>> No.9883056

>>9882970
>Sweet Lacy Basket

ugh yes. I love Sweet Lacy basket. I really hope to pick it up sometime!

>> No.9883057

>>9883056
You definitely should! It's one of their really good releases compared to some of the mess lately.

>> No.9883064
File: 1.37 MB, 1382x2048, 1526467584555.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

60 which is more than i thought i had
2007 toy parade
doll's tea party
>Overall theme?
basically just cute? 75% of my wardrobe is pink, there's a few toy prints in there, some cute solids, whatever makes me happy
>Any rare/grail dresses?
the creamy mami OP from AP but i'm not sure if that's actually rare or not...
second hand more often, usually pick up the new releases i like though
sometimes i wish i had gotten into classic, so maybe i want some grandma floral in my life
clothes, just hanging and folding depending on if it's a dress/has elastic/is knit fabric. i into konmari so i fold everything i want to fold her way

accessories like necklaces/rings hung from a jewelry organizer. katyusha are kept in this giant bag i got from a lucky pack. i threw a bunch of silica gel packets in there since i know katyusha can rust. idk if they're actually doing anything but they're not rusty so

shoes are lined up in my closet though i'd like to find cute individual boxes for them

i'm interested in how lolitas with small closets (not like # of dresses, but actual closets) store their things. anyone fold their dresses or something? i'm just really into space optimization and having 60 dresses clinging to each other is dissatisfying

>> No.9883087

A velveteen Meta jsk from 2006

That new IW White corset skirt.

>Overall theme?
My wardrobe is pretty all over the place, but mostly classic. Brands in order from most to least owned are Innocent World, Victorian Maiden, AaTP, Baby, Meta and AP.

>Any rare/grail dresses?
Nope, no generally sought after pieces.

Definitely second hand.

Boleros suited for daily wear. I have plenty of blouses, most of which are good for wearing daily, but now that summer is closing in I find myself at a loss of nice cardigans/boleros.

I have a seperate shoe closet with two shelves dedicated to lolita and a clothes rack for my dresses. Accessoiries I store in homemade cloth boxes.

>> No.9883119

About 10
I don't have any old brand.
AP Horror Garden blouse, think.
>Overall theme?
Spoopy sweet, casual goth, oldschool
>Any rare/grail dresses?
I don't think so.
I buy new because wearing clothes worn by other people is icky. When I buy secondhand I look for NWT pieces.
I don't have anything I wish to have more.
Hanging in my wardrobe. I don't seperate my lolita and regular wardrobe because I mix-and-match them pretty often.

>> No.9883133

>>9883119
>buying secondhand clothes is icky
A truly unpopular opinion, and it's not even in the unpopular opinions thread.

Also, if you think secondhand clothes are icky, then I'd hate to see what condition your clothes are in. Most secondhand clothes are fine. Not everyone is a disgusting slob like you, you know.

>> No.9883137
File: 562 KB, 1098x476, wrd.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

idk like 40, included a small screenshot of total list
an ancient meta skirt from like 2002-2003
innocent world planisphere, i almost never buy new brand
>Overall theme?
none. novelty, if anything. themes i revisit a lot are nautical themes, fruit, medical themes, and mushrooms
>Any rare/grail dresses?
nah not really, i'm lucky in that most of them don't do anything for me. i'd like iron gate someday but not unless it somehow drops below $300 market value
secondhand, by far. i buy new taobao/indie sometimes
hair accessories.
i have a second bedroom and use that closet for lolita clothes. accessories and shoes are stored alongside my normie shoes/accessories

>> No.9883147

>>9883119
And do you think the things you buy "NWT" were never tried on by other people?

>> No.9883160

>>9883133
My clothes are fine, thank you. I just don't want to wear clothes worn by someone I don't know.

>>9883147
Trying on is different than wearing out and about. And even then I prefer it rarely. Why do you care so much about my shopping habits?

>> No.9883171

>>9883160
because you’re weird

>> No.9883173

>>9883160
Agreeing with >>9883171, you're really really weird.

>> No.9883179

>>9883171
>>9883173
Thanks, I don't care what you think.

>> No.9883211

35 including MTOs which I don’t have yet.
A 2002 Jane Marple Ring
AatP End of Immortal Eden from the recent mto.
>Overall theme?
Jewel tones, crowns, border prints, mainly classic and some gothic.
>Any rare/grail dresses?
No? Unless you count Eden.
Mostly second hand, but I do a lot of MTOs and special sets since they get scalped later on.
Headwear, I have most of the matching KCs and bonnets but would be nice to have more choice of canotiers/ott styling/berets
So far they fit in my built in closet in my room but if it gets too full I’ll buy a stand alone clothing rack.

>> No.9883603
File: 81 KB, 250x333, 3d69040f-c23b-4acf-ac42-6b74907fd5cd.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I have a lot of pieces from 2006 but my Melody Doll OP is probably the oldest
Romantic Cat Necklace and Fancy Hospital socks, I bought them from AP when I went to Tokyo last year
>Overall theme?
Things Clara from Heidi would wear
>Any rare/grail dresses?
Pic related almost never shows up on the secondhand market so I'm glad I snagged it. I have it in another colorway too. I also have Meta's Punkuma OP in pink and AP's Rose Last Note in mint.
Secondhand, mainly because I prefer old school/older releases.
At the moment, jewelry and cutsews.
All of my clothes are hung up in my closet. Shoes are stored on a shoe rack. I keep my hair accessories, socks, etc. in decorative boxes that are stored in my closet.

>> No.9883616

2004 Victorian Maiden OP.
A 2007 Atelier Pierrot dress.
>Overall theme?
Gothic and green.
>Any rare/grail dresses?
Two Iron Gate skirts, and a fairly uncommon Boz OP.
Secondhand. A lot of newer releases don't interest me.
Shoes and blouses. Smaller headwear, like berets. I wear lolita casually, but most of my headwear is more suited to meets and cons.
Hang up clothes, shoes in my closet, accessories thrown in a drawer. I'm pretty cramped in my apartment, so I just put stuff wherever it fits.

>> No.9883618

>>9883616
>2017 Pierrot dress, woops

>> No.9883632

>>9883119
>oldschool
>doesn't buy secondhand
How does that work, anon? Not being salty; I'm legitimately curious. Do you just buy newer stuff that can be styled in an oldschool way or what?

>> No.9883635

>>9883179
...Why did you ask them why they cared then?

>> No.9883830
File: 415 KB, 768x1024, 58996_original.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

13-ish, one of them is an older ETC dress that doesn't rlly fit lolita. I try to sell a dress whenever I buy a new one.
I believe it's forest harvest festival JSK in pink by Innocent World
Rosette Collection special set in green by AP
>Overall theme?
Classic-sweet, mostly reds and ivories but also building up more green pieces.
>Any rare/grail dresses?
MRC in pink is kinda rare? My dream dress was really hard to find, though I still haven't found the right cut (Anniversary Rose high waist JSK in green)
Almost exclusively secondhand
Shoes and print socks
I have a closet just for lolita and other jfash stuff, and most of my other clothes get folded. I've got a hanging rack for shoes, and a few muji bins for bows and stuff. I just recently put up a hat display clothesline to save space.

>> No.9883831
File: 186 KB, 2048x1536, hats.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9883830
pic related is the hat display. I rlly oughta just buy a nice hat box

>> No.9883838

>>9883831
I love that! Thanks for the inspo.

>> No.9883848

>>9883838
Credit where it's due, I took the idea from @maijuline on instagram. Everything about her is perfect

>> No.9883869

A floral Meta skirt from around 2003
I have a few from around the same time, but I think the newest is AatP - Chateau du Nounours JSK I
>Overall theme?
My wardrobe is mostly Classic, lots of forest-y colors and jewel tones. But I do tend to lean towards Sweet-Classic so there's a fair amount of that happening too. I have maybe 3 Gothic main pieces for when I'm really in the mood for it, but I don't wear them often.
>Any rare/grail dresses?
Nothing I think of as "grail" status, but I have some popular ones. Honey Cake, IW Peter Rabbit, Lotta, nothing super rare though.
Probably secondhand, but it's close.
I'm trying to incorporate more black in to my wardrobe, and I could definitely stand to get more blouses.
I mainly wear Lolita so I just hang main pieces, blouses, and coats/outerwear in the closet. Hats and headwear are in hat boxes on a nearby shelf, along with bags. I have a shoe rack on the floor. There's another shelf of wigs on foam heads, each topped with a hat, and I keep undergarments and legwear in a dresser. Nothing revolutionary, but it's tidy.

>> No.9884005 [DELETED] 
File: 2.04 MB, 843x1374, wardrobe.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Probably Mary Magdalene's Classical Chiffon OP from 2003, just looking at dresses.
Leur Getter's Floral Rabbit
>Overall theme?
It's not really cohesive at all...
Maybe dainty grandma aesthetic I guess? (except where I go crazy and have AP and Atelier Boz..)
>Any rare/grail dresses?
Mary Magdalene's Mille Rose JSK, Valeria
JetJ's Coppelia OP
Secondhand. I'd like to buy more new, but Mary Magdalene doesn't release much stuff.
I remember when I first started browsing cgl someone asked how it feels to have your dream wardrobe and if you'll still want more. The answer was you still want more. I am living that very much now. I have my dream wardrobe, but I guess I want more of everything still.. dresses, hats, blouses, etc.
I really wish I hadn't passed on collecting VM all these years and am trying to play catch up now.
A closet and a dresser. I also have a bunch of boxes that VM hats came in to store my hats.

>> No.9884010
File: 310 KB, 847x1374, wardrobe.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Probably Mary Magdalene's Classical Chiffon OP from 2003, just looking at dresses.
Leur Getter's Floral Rabbit
>Overall theme?
It's not really cohesive at all...
Maybe dainty grandma aesthetic I guess? (except where I go crazy and have AP and Atelier Boz..)
>Any rare/grail dresses?
Mary Magdalene's Mille Rose JSK, Valeria
JetJ's Coppelia OP
Secondhand. I'd like to buy more new, but Mary Magdalene doesn't release much stuff.
I remember when I first started browsing cgl someone asked how it feels to have your dream wardrobe and if you'll still want more. The answer was you still want more. I am living that very much now. I have my dream wardrobe, but I guess I want more of everything still.. dresses, hats, blouses, etc.
I really wish I hadn't passed on collecting VM all these years and am trying to play catch up now.
A closet and a dresser. I also have a bunch of boxes that VM hats came in to store my hats.

>> No.9884012

Hey >>9882729
your Hospitality doll is right here: >>9882884

>> No.9884053

>>9884010
oof, I'm so jealous for the peacock Farutetto, haven't seen it pop up second hand in over a year, I want it so much

>> No.9884064

>>9883119
This is some good bait

>> No.9884073

>>9883147
>>9883133
>>9883171
>>9883173
Man, it must hurt all these secondhand-only poorfags that people think wearing hand-me-downs from strangers is gross. Must suck that you can't buy directly from the brand, huh?

>>9883119
This is completely normal desu; besides in the lolita community, most people don't like secondhand clothes.

>> No.9884075

>>9883635
Are you a retard who's never heard of a rhetorical question?

>> No.9884079

>>9884010
Woah you've got great taste and 5 of my dream dresses!

>> No.9884226

>>9884073
Talk about projection. She has a whopping ten pieces, and we're the poorfags. Lolita is just as much a collector's hobby as it is a fashion. Have fun with your lower quality new pieces.

>> No.9884229

>>9884226
>taking this stale bait
Please don't

>> No.9884259
File: 922 KB, 2422x3000, Wardrobe.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

About 30?
Probably from 2006 - IW Piano OP and Melody Border.
Meta Daydreaming Goldfish, that purple version is last year's.
>Overall theme?
I try to be a goth but I get distracted by cute shit especially when it involves cats or strawberries. In my defence, the single pink dress was actually a gift.
>Any rare/grail dresses?
Lace Flock is my DD thread success story but I don't really have a wardrobe that I think others will particularly covet
Second hand, the majority of what I like came out 3-5 years before I had money to buy it...
Not main pieces - I just want to work on more interesting coordinates as I can't wear lolita as casual daily fashion as often as I would like due to work.
Clothes on a wardrobe rack, accessories in boxes and on a nifty clip hanger thing, shoes in the cupboard by the door on a set of shelves.

>>9884010
I love the MM and Empreinte de la Genese... it's like the dream dress I will never have because I do not suit longer dresses

>>9883831
Super cute!

>> No.9884266

>>9884259
>Kuranosuke stripe dress
I'd call that kinda rare

>> No.9884267

>>9884226
>Thinking I'm the same anon
Must suck to be poor. What Goodwill finds to you haul back every week?

>> No.9884268
File: 28 KB, 240x320, jellyfishbaby.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9884266
I feel like it does come up every so often, unlike the kuragehime one that was heinously expensive to buy to start with and is never even seen worn...

>> No.9884561
File: 774 KB, 709x723, Wardrobe.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9882190
I have 19 brand main pieces.
I think a 2011 jsk is my oldest, being Chess Chocolate.
I think that would be Whip Jacquard! An absolutely underrated 'print' in my opinion.
>Overall theme?
Chocolate!
>Any rare/grail dresses?
I think the Classic Garden is quite rare, if not, it's definitely my grail.
I buy almost everything second hand. I have new items, but It honestly did not make the piece feel any more special to me.
Chocolates, haha. Specifically like Melty Ribbon Chocolate kind of dresses.
I have one big wardrobe for my dresses, blouses, shoes and boxes for my headbows, bonnets, wigs and petticoats. And a smaller drawer chest (?) with all other items such as wristcuffs, barette clips, brooches, socks and waist ties.

>> No.9884600

>>9884073
Most people don't like secondhand clothes because most people would rather buy cheap fast fashion 1st hand.

>> No.9884611

>>9884600
Wanting to buy fast fashion doesn't make people dislike buying secondhand. Your logic is faulty.

>> No.9885222

90~ish
I guess some Jane Marple items from the 90s.
JetJ that tower of babel dress
>Overall theme?
books, religious prints, florals
>Any rare/grail dresses?
Jane Marple British Library in the square cut
I prefer to buy new, I already own most of my dream dresses.
Jewerly like necklaces and bracelets, I rarely find anything that I like and when I do, they only sell it at events which I generally do not attend.
I have two regular 2 door wardrobes. In one I hang all the regular dresses for daily wear, in the other I put the OTT dresses, outerwear and pettis and underskirts. Blouses, boleros and such are stored folded on shelves in the closet (I used to stack too many onto each other in the past and stuff became wrinkly, so now I only keep items suitable for the current season in the daily closet, when it's summer I store the winter stuff away in a drawer and vice versa). Shoes, legwear, accessories and bags are stored in boxes. Odd items like corsets, scarves etc. are also in drawers.

>> No.9885653
File: 2.99 MB, 1640x1189, Screenshot (49).png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

About 60. There are some I didn't include in the collage
I think it's MM's Dorothy Doll OP
Design-wise, AP's Bon Bon Bunny JSK. Rerelease-wise, it's VM's Rococo Bouquet Skirt.
>Overall theme?
Messy lol. I try to go for mainly pink and green classic pieces, but I also love sweet.
>Any rare/grail dresses?
I have two Honey Cakes in Ivory, one JSK and one OP but I'm thinking of selling one of them. But for me, the rarest dress I have is JetJ's Celadon OP because I've searched for it for years without success and only have it because of their recent Shanghai MTO. I also love MM's Apollonia OP because that was my first dream dress.
Definitely secondhand. There hasn't been anything that has appealed to me recently.
I wish I had more blouses and shoes.
For clothes, I just hang them up in my wardrobe and fold them into my drawer for the stretchier stuff. For accessories, I put them in an acrylic box, but for big hats I put them on wig heads. For shoes, I just put them on a shoe rack.