[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 78 KB, 331x260, V2ZBZuW.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9924442 No.9924442 [Reply] [Original]

I swear the cosplay community is one of the hardest communities to speak out, well maybe mine specifically.

I honestly find it so hard to give my opinion about how I feel about things people give the "Ok" to or dont want to hear negativity about because it offends them and their feelings and their political agenda. I can't handle all the weird support about constant alcoholism at cons and the use of drugs to hot box a hotel or for parties. I also hate having to force myself to agree with people about patreon selling/titty streaming as well as the craze amount of feminazi behavior at my local com. Also not to mention it's so hard to talk about any of your opinions with anyone because most people like to snake it around (all the "friendly wholesome girls only chats" I've been are the most with this).

I'm not sure if anyone has to go exactly through this in their cosplay com but mine does this constantly and it's usually people who brag about their Instagram followers and preach on how "pro" or "good" they are at cosplay.

>> No.9924473

hey anon, a tip: maybe untwist your panties and stop moralizing about how other people should live their lives

it gets cooler to be alive the less you care what other people do, i promise

>> No.9924477
File: 413 KB, 680x680, 7EAF0563-F7C2-4EF6-BC77-0DE57D628BE4.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Kys faggot

>> No.9924478

I had the same thing, the people in my cosplay community have a ton of alcoholism, drug abuse, sex issues, and suicidal tendencies. It gets really annoying to deal with, especially when cosplay is meant to be an enjoyable hobby and escape from stress.

>> No.9924524

>>9924473
NYART but you're a dumbass. OP is fully entitled to say whatever she wants and give whatever opinion they want especially when seeing self-destructive behaviour of people they interact with which directly influences their enjoyment of their hobby.

>> No.9924536

I don't think you need to do any of that. I promise you there's cosplayers who share your gross ideals around you. Let people live and find your own clique.

>> No.9924538

>ITT: defensive druggies, the post.

>> No.9924635

>>9924442
>I honestly find it so hard to give my opinion

Maybe it’s because people don’t really care about your opinions?

Sorry, that’s not cosplay comms, that’s life.

Honestly, if you’re so salty about it you’re whining about it on CGL, that gives a pretty good idea of your personality and what kind of person you are, and generally that’s not the kind of person anyone really wants to hang around with.

Maybe do like the other poster said and find other sadface introverts and hang out with them.

>> No.9924637 [DELETED] 

>>9924473
I agree with this but understand where OP is coming from.

It’s hard to connect with people and form close friendships if there are a lot of moral disagreements between people. Most people unfortunately can’t see past that and that’s okay, it’s their choice. But OP needs to decide whether or not they can learn to ignore these details, accept that others will do as they please and maybe enjoy themselves a little more or they can separate themselves from it completely and go their own way from that point on.

Other people, especially a diverse community of people, aren’t going to just up and change themselves just because someone else doesn’t like whatever they do. And if you already know how they might react to your opinion or whatever is going on then avoid putting yourself in that situation. Learn to do your own thing and stop focusing on nitpicking what others are doing.

>> No.9924641

>>9924478
I've also seen this in the last few years. It sucks because I used to really enjoy room parties, but lately they've just gotten so crazy that I feel way too square to be there and dealing with a room full of totally fucked up people while I'm a bit drunk at best isn't any fun.

>> No.9924663

>>9924524
oh sorry i didn't realize they were LEGALLY ALLOWED to voice their dumb opinions without any pushback whatsoever. Go cry in a hole.

also it's NAYRT

>> No.9924667

>>9924635
You have a lot to say for someone with an equally worthless opinion

>> No.9924699

OP, just let thots be thots. That is- let the people who are actual thots and you aren't just pinning as something they're not be themselves. Don't let it bother you. Vent to friends instead.

If it bothers you a ton you could consider doing something else, but I think you just need to learn to let them do their thing.

>you fags will fight about anything lmao, even this

>> No.9924708

>>9924442
>s. I also hate having to force myself to agree with people
Kys, no one is forcing you. If you want to hang with those people so badly then agreeing is the price, if you hate it but continue to do it for no reason then you're just retarded.

>> No.9925837

>>9924442
I know this feel.

I'm a bit of a straight edge outside of light alcohol every now and then. When I go to room parties and see lines of coke being snorted or something similar, I usually gtfo.

Best advice is to just ignore the people who are deranged and try and find a collection of good wholesome people to be around if possible. You don't have to be everyone's friend.

>> No.9925839

Why couldn't you post this in the feels thread?

>> No.9925929

>>9924442
I feel this, anon, and people who are just shitting on you haven't either really experienced this or aren't looking at the bigger picture.
The cosplay community where I am is riddled with people waiting for the other person to slip up just so they can do "call out" posts and it's just an endless cycle of drama. Everyone's always whining about how they have no friends and how suicidal they feel but don't bother keeping up with friends.
People are constantly spreading rumors about each other and seek to only hang out with other popular cosplayers.
Nobody calls out the drama mongerers because their callouts are just "PSAs" trying to help people!!1 uwu
At cons it's just parties that feel like frat parties or something. I don't know but it just feels like I am walking on eggshells within the community to not upset or "trigger" anyone.
My point was all over the place but hopefully that made a bit of sense

>> No.9925969

You don't have to hang out with them or agree with them, and you don't have to be part of a community.If you're scared of being real with people, then they're not gonna be good friends to you. Quit being fake, go make real friends.

Also a thread died for this.

>> No.9926184

First time lurker here,

Just want to say, lol.

I feel you, mane, but I also feel for the drinker/suicidal/partier/attention-whore type-person. Some are really shitty people who you need to avoid, some are people who are legitimately in seek of help and trying to better themselves.

As someone else had said, thats not cosplay communities, thats life. Just have fun with the people you do manage to befriend and have a good time with, whether they drink or not.

>> No.9926962

>>9926184
>I feel you, mane, but I also feel for the drinker/suicidal/partier/attention-whore type-person. Some are really shitty people who you need to avoid, some are people who are legitimately in seek of help and trying to better themselves.
This is a problem I have with my local comm as well. Too many 3rd wave feminists, LBGTBBQWTF and black cosplayers deserve more attention just make the community shit. Don't even get me started on the "selling this cosplay because I need to pay rent" bullshit.
The cosplay community is a hobbyist group, not an emotional/financial support group or political action committee. I don't give a shit about your personal problems. I'm here to enjoy wearing costumes. If you need anything other than people to wear costumes with, look somewhere else.

This is why I've stopped being active in my local groups and volunteering at cons and pretty much pulled back into my own personal group of friends to con with.

>> No.9926967

>>9926184
a big issue I have with my group is there are a few core people who get blackout drunk and need people to babysit them every night to make sure they don't kill themselves or choke on vomit. Everyone else only sees them as fun drunk, but don't see the messy, sloppy, crying, screaming, vomiting drunk mess. So, when we try to help them or bitch them out, they think we're bullying them or being no fun. It's shit

>> No.9927004

>>9924473
Spotted the shitty comm member, what's the matter, nerve get touched?

>> No.9927015

Desperately selling shit to pay bills makes everyone uncomfortable. Fuck you if its ever more than once.
Creepy fetish person or sissy (or if you are double lucky, both!).
Poorfag who can never afford a nice lolita dress, decent cosplay wig or to go anywhere with a cost over about $5. Come back when you actually can do stuff, please.
Animoo shit in the lolita comm.
Lolita at heart lurkers or worse, people wearing thrifted shit that's not lolita to lolita meets.
Closet cosplay, double points if it's fucking obscure enough to have to be told who the character is.
Shitty handmade stuff and an OC cosplay.

I hope some of my locals are reading this shit because if these sound like you, then surprise, it probably is about you.

>> No.9927019

Patterns are usually marked with a skill level. Wtf with people thinking they can make an 'advanced' pattern cheaply out of a difficult and traditionally expensive fabric when they do not know how to sew at all. Oh but I'm the killjoy just because I point that out when asked for advice? Fuck this.

>> No.9927078

>>9924473
>reeee stop judging me
Typical woman, claims to be so above it all and you should be too but the second any segment of society throws some shade her way it's a travesty.

>> No.9927371

>>9927015
i hate people who have to sell shit to like buy a con ticket or pay for a hotel. If you cant afford the con ticket then just dont go to the con, either accept your spent up for the month and move on or make ends meet another way by doing odd jobs or something, dont just sell something. Besides, if you have to sell shit JUST to get the ticket then chances are you cant afford food or spending money at the con anyway so why even bother