[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 37 KB, 371x360, DPaSNiWX4AAWpPF.jpg large.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9980194 No.9980194 [Reply] [Original]

Tracon is coming up in a few weeks and Eternal Twilight is right after that (and evidently can't maintain its own thread), so might as well have a general Finnish thread up.

how's everyone's coords and cosplays coming along? excited for the afterparties? is there anything actually interesting in Tracon's schedule this year?

>> No.9980198

>>9980194
personally, I gave up on trying to get some big new cosplay/coord together for Tracon, will probably just throw together some dumb soldier larp for Saturday just because I have all the necessary elements for it lying around. one of my friends is planning to do a S.T.A.L.K.E.R. cosplay iirc so at least it'll make a little sense in context with that. doesn't help that I'm volunteering in a hands-on position so anything bigger costume wise would just get in the way.

as for Eternal Twilight, I'm still eternally salty that I'm missing out but I'm broke and intensely dislike visiting Hki, so I'll have to live with it.

>> No.9980222

I'm not really a fan of horror so there's hardly any interesting programs. Might skip sunday because of it.

>> No.9980448

I know chances are low but does anyone going to Hellocon know of any alternative hangouts planned for Sunday for those not going to the tea party?
A few friends and I decided to ditch the tea party since Mana won't be attending it and spend the day exploring Helsinki before the afterparty, but someone mentioned to me that there were talks of an "alternative tea party" floating around and it got me curious

>> No.9981240

>>9980448
There’s a cat cafe in Helsinki! Personally I’m going to rest until the afternoon party as my flight is about 12 hours and I’m also going to the Kamijo concert the night before

>> No.9982624

>>9980222
I wouldn't go that far - I don't speak Finnish so most of the panels and shit are meaningless to me, but I still went both days last year and managed to find stuff to do. The less events you go to, the more time you can spend with rhythm games and tabletop and marketplace etc.
I've also found that the easiest way for me to keep myself entertained and interested in cons is to volunteer, since it gives me something to do for part of the event and usually comes with pretty decent perks (such as not having to pay)

>> No.9982704

Damn those are some cute scary meidos. https://2018.tracon.fi/tapahtuma/cafe-hanami.. Kinda sad that I've managed to book my schedule full for the con and probably wont have time to visit the café.

>> No.9982711

>>9982704
>those abominations
>cute
I get that finns in general aren't very blessed with attractive genetics but please have some standards.

>> No.9982726

>>9982704
The first 3 guys look pretty cute but they managed to take rather unflattering photo of the last guy.

>>9982711
I find most of them cute, it's not like they're professional models.

>> No.9982727

>>9980448
I decided to skip tp too but afaik the "alternative teaparty" plans were just people going to brunch or tea and I haven't heard anybody talking about it since then. However, if you are interested leave your contact info and we can go to some place together. I'm not local (I mean Helsinki) but I know few decent places.

>> No.9983355

>>9982704
>>9982711
>>9982726
most of the girls are actually fairly cute imo, but besides the first one, the guys all look like the standard fat faced weebs who think a wig and some coloured contact lenses will transform them into a tottemo sugoi spooky and mysterious anime MC (and their bios seem to confirm that's what they believe they look like)

>> No.9983383

The maid costumes look pretty good but Nietos needs to take off those ugly lace cuffs. That cheap plastic lace clashes so bad with the rest of her uniform which is cute.

>> No.9984781

>>9982711
>abominations
>Nini
>Nietos
You gotta be fucking with us

>> No.9984944

Maybe some day we will have a convention where the maids are selected based on their aptitude and looks, not because the uglies are friends with the organizers.

Same could be said about the most of cosplay contests here too, really.

>> No.9985097

>>9984944
Are you hurt because you weren't chosen? Seriously, how do you know these are not the over all best applicants?

>> No.9985233

"Paikkalippujen jaon aikataulut
Lauantai: klo 9.00 alkaen World Cosplay Summit- ja Nordic Cosplay Championship -karsinnat sekä AMV-kilpailu
Sunnuntai: klo 9.00 alkaen Cosplayn esityskilpailu, hall cosplay -kilpailu sekä CMV-kilpailuOhjelmakartta on julkaistu"

9AM seriously

>> No.9985266

>>9985233
If you don't care where you sit it doesn't matter, there's enough seats. If you're lucky you can get good seat even right before the competition.

>> No.9985269

>>9985233
It's because of retards who go to queue seat tickets hour too early and then complain that they missed programme because they were queuing t. knower. Here's to hoping they can get Desu's e-ticket system configured for Tracon next year.

Spoiler: Tampere Hall main auditorium is massive and often there are seat tickets left over.

>> No.9985288

>>9985233
yeah, no, not going to get to the con venue an hour in advance just for the tickets even though I live in the same city. if the tickets are given out before I can get there it's not meant to be.

>> No.9986841
File: 24 KB, 559x460, f600d59d.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>some salty cunt have been whining about ylis being like /cgl/ lately
>has been like a year drama was discussed here
>meanwhile drama in ylis is still going strong
By all means blame us if you keep the fuck out of here. Ngl it's quite amusing how double standarded and two faced the whole scene is.

>> No.9986940

>>9986841
From my experience, the people who "complain" a lot about drama are the ones religiously checking every related thread for any potential drama or discourse to then make a big deal about drama being bad. They love drama, but want to seem like they're above it all, which is honestly even more annoying than just being a drama monger.

>> No.9987045

>>9986940
True. Atleast I'm able admit (irl) I enjoy following on-going drama if it doesn't involve me or people I know. People wouldn't know if they didn't follow and drama wouldn'r exist if people didn't participate.

>> No.9987617

no yaoi dude at tracon??

>> No.9987690
File: 35 KB, 428x358, 1508852761216.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9984944

>> No.9987704

>>9984944
Can’t believe I’m replying to obvious bait but Tracon’s maids are actually surprisingly cute this year. There are a couple mediocre/uglies, but overall they are fine. Not gonna comment on the butlers, no-one cares about them and all the males in anime-scene are godawful ugly.

>> No.9987713
File: 10 KB, 683x601, spurd.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Finland?

>> No.9987720

Can we talk about that bullshit they pulled off at the contest earlier?

>> No.9987726

>>9987720
Spill the beans

>> No.9987739

>>9987726

The NCC results

>> No.9987742

i posted in feels thread too but i am really just so pissed at japonica.

this AP coat i have been lusting after for a while was on mbok for peanuts and i put in a bid with japonica since my usual SS is closed saturday. i put it in around 8AM japan time (9PM my time) so i'd be up in case of any questions. well, THIS BITCH messages me at 4AM my time which was ONE HOUR before the auction ended to ask if it was ok to bid on it because the removable wrist fur (which wasn't pictured at all in any of the seller photos) wasn't included. I was up for 4 hours after i put in my bid. i am just so fucking annoyed at them.

>> No.9987759

>>9987739
Please elaborate, I didn’t see the competition

>> No.9987762

>>9987739
I have no idea why you are so salty, I have no problem with the result.

>> No.9987791

>>9987617
He's part of SCT so other cons have sort of banned him

>> No.9987818

>>9987759

Megurinemagnet had a great skit. Veratoon had an amazing CCS skit which involved costume changes, great props, LED background that changes and great music.

Megurinemagnet won, which was cool, but the second place winner just stood there, walked a little bit and lipsynced.

That was not cool. Smells like friendship votes got her to 2nd place

>> No.9987830

You can watch the whole competition (with few exception with copyrights) on youtube as they live streamed it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiCJh5DlbOg

>> No.9988560

Now that Tracon is over, how was everyone’s con? Good? Bad? Tired of screaming underaged weebs? Conirutto?

>> No.9988562

>>9988560
Oh good it was. Met once again new exciting people and reconnected with the people I already knew. Had few up and downs and quick conruttoning but I made it. Next year again of course.

>> No.9988728

>>9987818
Seems like it. She was extremely surprised herself that she placed at all.

I can confirm some pretty sweet behind the scenes drama when it comes to the judges though. I hope it becomes public.

>> No.9989247
File: 17 KB, 247x204, images.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9988728

Tell us more. That 2nd placement is absolute horseshit. Anyone who was there to see all the performances can see that Jesmo had a horrible skit compared to the others in there. Friendship votes are the absolute worst.

I feel so sorry for Veeraton, all that work and creativity was pushed aside by "Friendship (™)"

>> No.9989354

>>9988728
>I have some delicious drama I'm not going to share!!
It's fucking 2018, who does this anymore. The gossip probably isn't even milky or worth flaunting your private knowledge over.

>> No.9989362

>>9988728

She looked pretty smug to me

>> No.9989399

>>9988728
I’ll spill the beans! From what I heard from a contestant, is that the NCC judges were completely incompetent or at least very inexperienced. The judges hardly took any look at the structure / technical side of the costume or asked about material choices. They didn’t ask anything about representation or contestant’s language skills or earlier experience from competitions. The contestant described that the whole judging situation seemed more like a formality than a real judging. Then again, why even bother to judge if you have decided the placements beforehand ;)
In no means is this an attack against Jesmo, but c’mon, even she wrote on her twitter that she isn’t happy with the costume.

>> No.9989442

>>9989399
Not sure that's drama at all. That's just a sad truth.
It's cool it's nice to have this year's NCC reps as judges but all of those 3 are exactly incompetent or just inexperienced. So it's not always good to have just earlier reps as judges if they're not good at judging.

>> No.9989446

>>9989442
>but all of those 3 are exactly incompetent or just inexperienced.

Pfffftttt! It was clear as day which ones were deserving of the prize. Jesmo was not even close to 4th place from what happened in that event.

Incompetence and inexperience are not good enough excuses for that sham.

>> No.9989452

>>9989446
I think it's a tradition to have that year's NCC reps as judges. Who to blame we had such people as reps this year?
I too do believe Veeraton should've placed but ohh well.

>> No.9989519

>>9987045
You sound like a landwhale

>> No.9989543

>>9989519
Why do my enjoyment of drama make you believe I'm a landwhale? I don't really think my size matters in this at all so I'm just curious.

>> No.9989649

>>9989543
Probably just using insults they don't really know the meaning of, considering probably everyone in this thread has english only as their second language.

>> No.9990131

>>9989399
This. It is my understanding that all the NCC contestants have decided to write a complaint about the judges (even the winners, but I can't confirm) to the organizers.

Some quotes I heard being recited (grain of salt, there is the risk of 'broken telephone')

"We already knew beforehand who were going to win, but then you came along and now we don't know where to put you" - contestant did not place in the end

"You have an incorrect amount of buttons on the dress"
"No, there is the correct amount, check the reference picture"
"Well I didn't count them" -judge trying to find something to shit on

"She had kind of crappy shoes, but hey, its Jesmo" - judge on Jesmo's eventual 2nd place to another contestant

>>9989362
Of course she was happy, but based on her reaction when her 2nd place was announced I'm pretty sure she wasn't expecting it. It was a relatively old passion project, not a competition winning cosplay and she knew that.

>> No.9990165

>>9990131

Wow. Just wow. That is insane.
It sounds like they let people win only because they like them. They went there to pick their favorite friend/person and then shat on the others.

Absolutely disgusting

>> No.9990206

Well this years NCC team wasn't exactly shining at finals. What did we expect.

>> No.9990254

Any cute places to visit in Finland while wearing Lolita? Also I’m assuming the bus passes on the app cover subways/rail systems, and is the Moomin theme park open this time of year?

>> No.9990301

>>9990254
Which part of Finland you are spending your time in? We don't have anything super cute but fantastic old buidlings and good places to get food from. Are you going to be in South, East, West or North? It would help with recommendations. In Helsinki I recommend Salu Torget for afternoon tea, Kämp for afternoon tea or brunch, The Ounce for tea and Kitty's Milkshake. Generally Finland has pretty nice tea houses and coffee salongs and one of the best specialities are waffle cafes. Unfortunately I don't know about smaller places in Helsinki. Also, I'm not totally sure but I would guess the ticket only covers commuter trains?

>> No.9990310

>>9990254
If you’re in the Helsinki area, then the tickets bought from HSL-app cover all forms of transportation in the Helsinki-area (bus/train/metro). You could also buy a physical card for 1-7 days of unlimited traveling in the Helsinki area, the price obviously depends on how many days you choose. It could be cheaper in the long run.
Kakkugalleria is a popular bakery/cafe in Helsinki, they have a couple of different locations. Other than that, I’d just recommend checking some Finnish lolita instagrams and see where they have spent their time to find some nice places.

>> No.9990322

>>9990131
The judges were completely incompetent this time around and only won their placements during the previous rounds because the overall quality at the preliminaries was so bad and the judges at the SM were quite dreadful themselves. Saying things like what you recited is inexcusable and deserves to be called out.
>"She had kind of crappy shoes, but hey, its Jesmo"
I don't get this one. So she only won 2nd place because the judges wanted to stay in her good graces?

>> No.9990356

>>9990322
>I don't get this one. So she only won 2nd place because the judges wanted to stay in her good graces?
It's either that or/plus that they excused her mistakes because she is well known and capable of doing a much better job.

>> No.9990366

>>9990301
I think Kämp would throw you out if you went there wearing lolita. It's a fine dining restaurant and the most prestigious one in Helsinki at that.

>> No.9990388

>>9990322

Sounds like it.

Those assholes should issue a public apology. They cannot change the results, but they can at least own up to their trashy behavior.

>> No.9990435

>>9990366
We had a Christmas brunch there one year and the butler even took our group photo so I assumed it would be alright.

>> No.9990439

Megurinemagnet's performance was nice but nothing compared to Veeraton's performance. Megurine always seems like she has decided that she has to be the winner and gets really insulted if she doesn't qualify. wtf were the judges thinking???

>> No.9990451

>>9990439
Let's not shit on the competitors. Based on what is known so far this is not their fault.

>> No.9990459

>>9990439
I agree, she's always been a sore loser and has an ego that doesn't match her mediocre cosplays

>> No.9990541

>>9990459
I dunno, you sound more like a sore loser to me. Kuka tunki tikun sun perseeseen, vai vituttaaks ku et ite uskalla kisaa, hä?

>> No.9990785

Generally I like Finnish performances but the quality of audio is always so bad. Yeah I understand that we sound monotonous but at lest try to sound more energetic. This is why I prefer mute performances.

>> No.9990839

>>9990541
hi tekla

>> No.9990852

>>9990839
Nope, not her. But you sure as hell would love for me to be her.

I'm just someone who loves to throw a bone to the haters and see how long they'll bark. Cause that's what you are, all bark no bite.

>> No.9990858 [DELETED] 

I personally wasn't a fan of veeraton's skit, it was mainly just jumping around trying to be "kawaii". But nevertheless I do think she should have placed above jesmo.
The judges of this year sound so incompetent baka

>> No.9990861

I personally wasn't a fan of veeraton's skit, it was mainly just jumping around trying to be "kawaii". But nevertheless I do think she should have placed above jesmo.
The judges of this year sound so incompetent.. not surprised though

>> No.9990878

>>9990861
I guess you forgot to put on your glasses and unplug your ears since you missed the costume change, prop usage and the whole story the skit was telling with the song choice. Then again, some people just have a bad taste.

>> No.9990887

Y'all sure have some nerve shitting on the contestants when they all have been acting nothing but nice. If your fave doesn't win the contest MUST be rigged and the winners MUST be bad people. Y'all forget how subjective the nature of this hobby is; had the judges been different the results would probably be as well. That doesn't mean the contestants are bad people.

>> No.9990896

>>9990852
>>9990887
Wtf are yall doing on /cgl/ if you're triggered over catty gossip? Here's a tip: you're not making anyone look good by defending them in such way, if anything you're drawing in more shit flinging. Yall making it so obvious it's the person in question screaming into the wind, lmao

>> No.9990907

>>9990896
Oh no, you misunderstood me, I actually quite enjoy watching you rage. Do continue, I can keep on doing this all day.

>> No.9990909

>>9990907
Just stop embarrassing yourself. Trying to sound calm while answering to every single negative post and calling people "haters" is just obviously you being upset that someone either dislikes you or your friend. Calling a sore loser what they are isn't being a "hater", quite the opposite, in a comp where the winner is sent to rep our country it's a valid concern. Situations like these have been talked about here before, but you probably wouldn't know since it had nothing to do with you personally.

>> No.9990912

>>9990909
See, you did continue.

>> No.9990913

Unpopular opinion: I don’t think the ”representing your country” part matters much in international competitions. After all, have you ever heard of the representative of any other country doing anything that you would connect to the country and not the person themselves? It’s every person themselves, both the good and bad stuff people do abroad under stress. Not the country.

>> No.9990933

>>9990912
I'm not the anon you've been talking to, but I guess it's easier to think there's only one person who doesn't like you, huh.

>> No.9990999

>>9990887
This is more about the judges than the contestants. It does raise some questions when the contestants say judges weren't being as competent as they should.

>> No.9991003

>>9990933
It's the internet hun, all anonymous messages convert into one being if they choose not to use names.

I'm just having fun looking at this thread. As I said, I could do this all day. Keep on excavating salt from where there is none, I'll sprinkle it on my popcorns.

>> No.9991006
File: 247 KB, 755x1255, 29530934660464556.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9991003
>you

>> No.9991009

I am glad that NCC brings little bit more diversity to cosplay judges.. It's boring to have same old hags judging costumes year after year. Of course I am sad that contestants had bad experiences this year.

>> No.9991015

>>9991009
I'd rather have some experienced "old hag" who knows how to be fair and knowledgeable judging me than someone who has no idea what they're doing and makes bad decisions based on incomplete analysis of the contestants and personal feelings.

>> No.9991021

>>9991015
Okay good point anon.

>> No.9991063

>>9990913
I do think it's a good thing to take into account in judging though. Obviously the priority should be costume, and then skit, but in a situation where you're having a hard time choosing between two contestants it's a good dividing factor. Not necessarily a "how nice is this person" type of deal, but stuff like how well they speak other languages and if they have any prior experience travelling. International competitions can get really stressful, and sometimes there can be problems (especially with NCC I think there are complaints every year about the organization being a mess) so in those situations it's good to know the contestant can look after themselves.
Although the judging this year seems to have been an absolute mess, regardless of what anyone thinks of the contestants personally.

>> No.9991072

Who were the judges again?

>> No.9991074

>>9991072
https://2018.tracon.fi/ohjelma/cosplay/cosplaytuomarit

>> No.9991107
File: 51 KB, 636x1019, FB_IMG_1512929633179.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Everyone ready for Hellocon?

>> No.9991109

>>9991006
You still keep on feeding the troll. Do continue. *munches popcorn*

>> No.9991212

>>9991107
No but I'm still excited. I can't grasp I have to iron my coord and pack it like tomorrow.

>> No.9991227

>>9991212
I know my coord is going to get fucked in my luggage so I'm bringing a steamer. If you find you need one, post here and I can lend it to you!

>> No.9991233

>>9991227
I was actually planning to bring mine too but the dress I'm wearing has been washed and has cotton lace so I have to iron it too. Thanks for the offer though, I appreciate it!

>> No.9991243

>>9990301
Ill be in the Helsinki area. I sort of thought about traveling up to the Moomin Museum but it’s so far :(

>> No.9991246

>>9990435
I think I’ll call ahead and check, though I highly doubt any place that will take your money will throw you out for wearing town downed Lolita. I don’t plan on wearing sweet OTT or anything like that.

>> No.9991252

>>9991233
I’m so happy that my Airbnb has one, look good everyone!

>> No.9991263

my coords are so lame but i anyway go

>> No.9991268

>>9991107
I'm still greatly doubting my coord. First time traveling by myself. I'm pretty sure i'm gonna feel like a loner fatty-ita-chan. But i'm doing it for Mana-sama.

>> No.9991270

>>9991268
me too anon

>> No.9991764

What are Finnish seagull’s opinions on the musicals that keep popping up in the con scene every few years? I remember people said that the Pokemon-musical some years back was good, but does anyone actually care about the others? I feel like the only ones who are interested in the newest project are the ones involved in the production or their closest friends.

>> No.9991774

>>9991764
I personally don't care either way. Since they're their own program and often at a con I might not even go to, I don't think there's any harm in them. I do think they're a bit cringy, especially when you factor in that pretty much all of the people organizing it are adults, but if that's what makes them happy then might as well.
For reference though, I personally dislike skits in cosplay contests too because of the aforementioned possible cringe. I also can't stand people like Cidi who went to school for acting and now think they're brilliant at it, when in fact they're not. If they were, surely they'd have proper acting work instead of dressing up as a pokemon and jumping on small stage at a weeb convention. /salt

>> No.9991779

>>9991774
>Implying that getting work in acting is easy.

Volunteer work in fan musicals is actually pretty good portfolio material.

>> No.9991783

>>9991779
I'm not saying it's easy, that's the whole point: The guy acts like a prodigy in acting, but if he was one he'd definitely have something to show for it.
Like I said, I don't mind people doing con musicals for fun, or even to get some experience for their career, but I don't like people who think they're the next best thing since sliced bread when they're mediocre at best.

>> No.9991794

>>9991764
The Pokemon musical was actually rather great. Better than some theater I’ve paid for. Hopsumusikaali was a lot more cringe.

>> No.9991795

The talk about the musicals made me think about Rintamasuunta. While I quite like their skits, I think the whole episodedrake thing has been presented poorly. Showing only the behind the scenes part at Tracon rubbed me the wrong way.

>> No.9991800

>>9991795
The cmv is missing some footage due to filming not being finished, and I believe Tracon wanted something to be shown since they're one of the biggest contributors to the project.

>> No.9991826

>>9991795
I personally think Rintsu has been put on quite a high pedestal. You have to congratulate them on the amount of work they put in their skits and CMV's, but seeing people compare other skits to them like "well, it's not Rintamasuunta" is pretty fucking rich considering how some of their work borderlines or goes beyond cringefest. Their CMVs have pretty decent cinematography but as I've understood from all the bts material they have other people doing the filming so they can act in front of the camera or just important on the set instead, yet all the glory goes to them in the end. Kinda like the Haikyuu mash up in last years Tracon was a colab but people still talk about it as a Rintsu skit.

>> No.9991830

any of y'all hoes coming to mimicon

>> No.9991833

>>9991826
This. Certain people keep banging their drum and acting like they're professionals. After all this hype their new cmv better be the greatest thing ever, but I have my doubts.
The technical aspect is probably very well done, considering there are some very talented people involved, but when it comes to the creative aspect, acting, script, directing, choreography etc, I excpect it will be complete crap.

>> No.9991834

Nice to finally see a Finland thread here. On ylis threads keep disappearing if certain butthurt people are mentioned which is really annoying.

>> No.9991835

>>9991830
Yea. Not really expecting much. Can’t wait for the culture shock of seeing hoards screaming 14-year olds after mostly going to Desus.

>> No.9991840

>>9991826
>>9991833
Wow someone is butthurt. You do know you don't have to watch their cmv?

>> No.9991842

>>9991826
Seriously, this so much. Especially when it comes to CMV's the quality is so dependant on the people behind the camera and editing, not just the cosplayers. And while their skits are good, they're just that: good. Definitely not the greates ever was, especially if you start comparing on an international level. The only thing they have going for them is their numbers, and a bunch of people willing to work in the background for them for almost zero recognition.
I have nothing against Rintsu or the people in it on a personal level, but I don't think they're worth the hype and praise people are giving them.

>> No.9991843

>>9991840
Wow someone is butthurt. You do know you don't have to come to cgl?

>> No.9991845

>>9991835
i'm sort of considering skipping altogether. i've started to know too many people from the local scene (like, just people, not the organisers) and they're mostly perverted assholes :( .... just like me :(

>> No.9991866

>>9991843
Oh look, I got a reply!

*munches popcorn*

>> No.9991885

>>9991866
Soro on aika poistua tietokoneelta.

>> No.9991886

>>9991885
Again you got it wrong. Do continue.

>> No.9991888

>>9991886
You sound exactly like her, do better next time

>> No.9991899

>>9991243
yeah if you're here for ET you won't make it to Naantali or Tampere. there is a Moomin shop in Forum centre and an Iittala shop in the port area, you might be interested in those

I'm too lazy to scroll back up on the phone but tracon feels in short: it was alright this year, there were minor annoyances in the setup of various rooms/areas (kirppis was weirdly routed), but as I get older I start liking the idea of an 18+ con more and more, not because of NSFW shit or anything but because there's so many embarrassing underages at Tracon. too bad I'm too lazy to travel anywhere else for a con.
also, while I got more deets on yaoi man's banning (apparently the reason for the ban was him being an utter dick to management) and have to sort of agree with it, it did feel a bit sad and quiet without him in sales.

>> No.9991903

>>9991888
I don't need to anything better since I'm not her.

You, ok the other hand, need to lay of the drugs. Hearing sound in text is not healthy.

>> No.9991930

>>9991899
>yaoi man's banning
I think the biggest reason for it is the fact he's working for/with SCT, hence why other cons don't want him there. Which I don't really mind, selling overpriced porn to underage attendees isn't really the most morally correct thing to do.

>> No.9991934

>>9991774
Cidi has not gone to school for acting for fucks sake. He is a set designer and a poor one at that. He has done some amateur theater but that's it.

And considering his professional background and boasting of his prop and armor work he should be at least good at that. But no his props and armors suck balls big time.

>> No.9991953

>>9991930
>SCT
>morals

OMEGALUL

>> No.9991985

Did anyone go to maid cafe?

>> No.9992295

>>9991934
>And considering his professional background and boasting of his prop and armor work he should be at least good at that. But no his props and armors suck balls big time.

This made me KEK in agreement. He looks so pathetic in his cosplays most of the time. Pretty surprised how his ego blew up. Dude must not have a mirror at home.

>> No.9992362

>>9991930
It's not about SCT. He's repeatedly broken vendor hall rules and been an utter dick to the organizers (both Desucon and Tracon). Also selling porn to underaged people. As far as I understand, he's been banned from several other European cons too.

>> No.9992430

>>9992362
>As far as I understand, he's been banned from several other European cons too.
This is correct - in fact, Animecon is his last bastion as he's been banned everywhere else in Europe.

>> No.9992560

>>9992430
He's banned all across in Britain as well, used to be a regular but look what happened.

>> No.9992874

There are literally like ten people in Mimicon.
Myötistä.

>> No.9992881

I’m at Eternal Twilight and there’s already idiots wearing sweet Lolita to a gothic lolita event lmao

>> No.9992959

>>9992881
Literally who cares, AP were the star guests at TPC 10 and plenty of people wore gothic and non-AP stuff.

>> No.9992980

>>9992881
Where does it say it's exclusevily gothic? I guess the half of the vendors were idiots too bc they sold sweet stuff.

>> No.9993022

Am I the only one who feels that Mouru going through all the little con's competitions is a really tiring move? Are they doing it for asspats or what? I mean they never look happy when they win. They just look like they knew they'd win and are just kinda waiting for the competition to be over so that they can whine about everything sucking again?

>> No.9993115

>>9993022
I’m honestly wondering why Mouru still bothers with small shit competitions and isn’t taking part in bigger competitions like NCC or Eurocosplay. She could do it. Maybe she just wants a shit-ton of easy trophies.

>> No.9993119

>>9993115
Maybe she's just not interested in international competitions?
Finnish competitions sucks because we either have beginner friendly hall cosplay competitions or international ones with a skit. Where's the middle ground?

>> No.9993127

>>9993115
she just wants easy trophies because she never competes if someone as skilled/more skilled is taking part

>> No.9993135

Mimicon had hall cosplay contest so it can't be helped if Mouru won. I think it would be more arrogant to deny taking part because "you're too good".

>> No.9993140

>>9993115
Very few people in general bother with NCC because NCC sucks, you also have to make a skit if you want to take part in big contests and some people aren't into that.

>> No.9993178

>>9993140
Why NCC sucks?

>> No.9993193

>>9993178

Refer to the shitstorm from last weekend

>> No.9993201

How was Hellocon?

>> No.9993220

>>9993201
I don't know how to feel about Mana-sama's deep hatred of animals.

>> No.9993222

>>9993201
Well organized but if you didn’t buy the met and greet it was over by 5pm

>> No.9993223

>>9993201
The talk about Menhera was weird and out of place

>> No.9993232

>>9993201
>Mana is tiny and really likes drawing
>Q&A was very basic though Kamijo who was speaking for Mana tried very hard to make it fun
>Quiz was things like "what is Mana's favorite fruit" rather than trivia about his career
>There was no food or drink
>The photographer was very friendly and helpful
>Babi and Kaie were funny and cute, the indie designers were nice but the game they made them play on the stage was a bit awkward
>Buying Moitie was a bloodbath at first but there was stock left at the end
>It wasn't clear if they were rereleasing Silent Moon or Sleeping Garden, they were in the fashion show but not for sale
>Best coord winner chosen by Mana looked amazing and totally deserved it
>They tried to award the best coord posted to Alice Holic to some random girl in sweet who wasn't at the event and tagged her pic with the event tag anyway
>Most people wore Moitie or gothic but there were a few out of place looking sweets

>> No.9993243

>>9992980
>>9992959
There's a vibe you should at least adhere to. I'm not saying you shouldn't wear sweet, I'm just saying why would you choose to wear sweet today?

>> No.9993244

>>9993232
What was the indie brand fashion show like?

>> No.9993253

>>9993244
A lot of the attendees looked bored. I Do Declare's dresses looked the highest quality. Some of the models sucked, most were OK. The most fun models were two of Lady Sloth's and one of Puvithel's. Do you have questions about any of the designers in partucular?

>> No.9993256

>>9993244
Mostly sucked. Seen all these before or versions like them elsewhere.

>> No.9993260

>>9993256
Was there anything new at all?

>> No.9993286

>>9993253
>Some of the models sucked
Post pics :^)

I had questions about the Hogwarts dresses - did they still look like shit when coorded.

>> No.9993411

>>9993178
Because it’s in Närcon which sucks. It’s just normie bullshit.

>> No.9993433

Närcon sucks and the NCC finals have seemed fishy. And one of the problems is that we have to send 3 people per year to NCC. There aren't that many good or reasonable cosplayers in Finland, half of them don't want to participate because of the Närcon shitstorm. And we sill have to send 3 people. So some mediocre cosplayers get through the preliminaries and even simply bad ones like Cidi. Every year there is like one actually good and representation worthy cosplayer in the team and the other two are just shitty nobodies.

Then those shitty nobodies get to pic the next years team. Then it spirals down from there.

>> No.9993439

>>9993433
Don't forget finns think it's inappropriate to take part of international contests more than once so there's mostly bad ones left. I don't know why it's like that since other countries send same ones all the time without shitstorm.

>> No.9993449

>>9993178
The finals always have big organizing issues. 3 years ago there was a sizable drama concerning the finals as they fucked everything imaginable up and some of the contestants called them out for it, such as the sleeping hall being freezing and the contestants not having blankets or pillows, the lack of food, no dressing rooms or fixing/ironing tools, other contestants breaking the rules with copyrighted images, last-minute alterations, no information being told to the team... a lot more but I can't remember off the top of my head. There were even whispers that the contest was rigged that year because the judges weren't allowed to discuss the final results over as the Swedish TV channel (SVT) demanded to collect the individual points from them after each performance. They fixed most of the problems after that and the TV channel wasn't involved anymore, but it lost its reputation and never recovered.

>> No.9993461

>>9993286
I’ll be honest some of the models for Moite were picked because they were just horrendously thin and not pretty. A lot of them had bad acne and I think the small Asian girl was crossed eyed. The only really pretty ones were the red headed one and the black girl

>> No.9993463

>>9993449
Idk, I've heard the general consensus has gotten a bit more positive about the NCC during the last couple of years, ECC has more so gotten the shit end of the qualifier competitions these day arrangement wise. NCC at least has a better stage (if it doesn't rain), a competitor friendlier schedule, a judging that takes the skit into consideration as well as the craftsmanship and actual fucking skit rehearsals. What I've heard most of the time the ECC can give you like 5 minutes on the table-sized stage with no lighting and you have to listen to your skit on your own phone. Not that surprising when like 80% of the points come from craftsmanship, but hey, go to ECG instead if you don't want to bead and embroider until you get blind for a European cosplay final.
Not that Närcon doesn't have room to improve with arrangements and there has been confusing things like the Baltics suddenly being there as "guests", but at least they don't make you sleep on a deflating air bed anymore!

>> No.9993466

>>9993463
Unpopular opinion but ECC is a relic from the past that should be dropped and replaced with a regular cosplay contest

>> No.9993467

Am I only one who thinks Eurocosplay is one that is rigged? Stage seems to be size of postcard and it should be the god damn European Championship.

I would be glad if people would go again to represent at national competitions. I don't get it why you should go only once.....

>> No.9993475

>>9993467
People mostly don't compete in the same qualifiers because of the whole "friend points" and "samat voittaa aina" -attitude Finns have. Presented above with the whole NCC shitstorm convo. If you get it even though you are competing in a competition you haven't qualified in and don't even qualify in the end, why bother trying something you actually have qualified in.
ECG hopefully is a new exception to the rule because of the solo and group system. If people have a hard time getting a person to pair with them for WCS I at least wouldn't mind a solo qualifying in group and the other way around two years in a row.

>> No.9993493

>>9993461
We might have different taste in women but I enjoyed the models. I think they all suited Moitie well and didn't spot anyone super skinny except maybe few. I admit I like interesting looking girls rather than conventionally pretty ones.

>> No.9993557

I don't thin NCC is da shit, it's one of the competitions where you don't have so much pressure to represent Finland because u don't do it alone.

I would hope that contestants could update NCC team Finland page by themselfs because whole page seems now be waste of time and space. It would give people something nice to follow and give representatives more visibility.

>> No.9993589

>>9993493
Yes when you have to squint from far they look beautiful

>> No.9993594

>>9993589
Well I sat in the front but as I said we probably have different taste.

>> No.9993654

Spotted on mainstream news on YLE

>> No.9993659

>>9993493
I saw a few girls in the Moitie show with slightly large busts and shapely calves. Probably would get called fat but they were chubby at most, I don’t think Mana-Sama would have whales modeling for him. I didn’t particularly think many of them were gorgeous, but some had an odd sort of beauty to them. I was happy with the model choices. Some were so tall and others were very petite. They didn’t all look like visual-kei clones.
“Rant” over I guess but I still wish Eternal Twilight had a decent thread of our own.

>> No.9993707

>>9993220
Hatred of animals?

>> No.9993711

>>9993707
Maybe he wore leather and someone's sensitive and pissed?

>> No.9993722

>>9993707
>>9993711
He said he doesn't have pets but he secretly dreams of a blue tropical fish. Atleast I think anon means that.

>> No.9993764

https://yle.fi/uutiset/3-10407630

It made the news.

>> No.9993782

>>9993722
How on earth could anyone get "hatred of animals" from that?

>> No.9993792

>>9993220
You probably misunderstood. The question was if he had any pets, he said 'no' but he does like to look at the blue tropical fish.

>> No.9993798

>>9993782
As the other anon said the question was if he had any pets and Kamijo said "NO PETS" which I think could be understood as if he didn't want to have any. Even if that was the case it still doesn't have anything to do wheter or not he likes animals though.

>> No.9994927
File: 84 KB, 506x537, 1537292251147.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

There's a cosplayer on the front page of Feissarimokat, and HS published an article about Ylis. Today was bizarre.

>> No.10000118

Thougths about the SM judges?

Groups' seems ok to me but the individuals' not so much.

>> No.10000119

>>10000118
Wait they're actually having SM this year too? I haven't heard anything about it anywhere so I figured it was dead (like this thread).

>> No.10000287

>>10000118
I think all of them make sense? Winners from the past SMs and other representatives.

>> No.10000332

>>10000287
Hapsu doesn't make sense.

>> No.10000941

>>9993493
I agree, I think most of the models were pretty nice, only a few stuck out to me as having such awful posture they were painful to look at, and a few didn't really know what there were doing on stage, but overall I think both the MmM and indie fashion shows looked pretty good.

>> No.10001310

>>10000118
Nobody gives a shit about the SM contest.

>> No.10001563

>>10000941
>only a few stuck out to me as having such awful posture they were painful to look at, and a few didn't really know what there were doing on stage
This sounds exactly like me. Idk this made me really consider ditching the whole modeling thing because I'm a bit uggo, have an awful posture if I don't really pay attention to it and I always get really overwhelmed on the stage no matter how well I plan. Babi and Kaie were so sweet though, they cheered for everybody returning in the dressing room doors.

>> No.10004974

>>10001310

What is there to give a shit about then?