[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 2.33 MB, 1920x1080, SamirBinHayeed.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
12014294 No.12014294[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

>I ain't never drink water, strictly soda

>> No.12014333
File: 33 KB, 600x583, Eggs with legs.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>12014294
I met too many people like this when I worked for Coca-cola. One time we had some old man banging on the wearhouse door, screaming and cussing "I DEMAND TO SEE A MANAGER" "THIS IS BULLSHIT."
He was angry that his local store was sold out of coke zero so felt the need to come to our plant to bitch about it.
There was another lady who we would deliver to once every 2ish months. We'd deliver 30 cases (60 12-packs) of TAB to her business. She didn't sell them, they were all for her to drink, and it was the only thing she drank. That's 12 cans of the shit a day.

>> No.12015850

>>12014333
>She didn't sell them, they were all for her to drink, and it was the only thing she drank. That's 12 cans of the shit a day.
Americans lol.

>> No.12015869

>be sick with a cold
>start drinking exclusively fruit juice because vitamin c gains and unflavored drinks make the back of my throat feel weird
>finally get better and rush to the tap to get a glorious glass of h2o
>water now tastes like bitter shit
i can honestly kinda understand where soda drinkers are coming from. drinking nothing but liquid sugar really warps your sense of taste after only a few days, so i can't imagine how bad it gets after a matter of weeks/months/years

>> No.12015885

>>12015869
pro tip: everything you do works like that. ever heard the saying "humans are creatures of habit"? it's true. the more you do something, the more your body becomes accustomed to it. the more sugar you drink, the more your body will change to adapt to your sugar intake. excessive sugar and caffeine isn't good for you, but it's all you're drinking and you need water, so your body tricks your tastebuds into thinking it tastes good so you can drink more of it with relative ease. you can think of it like overcompensating, in a way, so when you go back to drinking water it's relatively bland.

once you understand that everything we do is a created habit and the only way to change it is to force yourself to do things you don't like until you do like it, you can become a much healthier individual. it takes the discipline of telling yourself "no" and making conscious decisions for your benefit until they become unconscious habits. it's not exclusive to food and drink, either. if you play a lot of vidya but feel guilty about it, force yourself to do something you see as productive every time you get the urge to play vidya, and eventually you'll stop desiring to vidya altogether, or whatever it is you consider a personal vice.

>> No.12015975

>>12015869
Even just drinking unflavored seltzer can make regular water seem unappetizing after, but that goes away pretty quickly. It feels good being able to get over stuff like that easily after a while though.

>> No.12015993

>>12015869
>>12015885
People who can't change dietary habits are objectively stupid.

>> No.12016008

>>12015993
i wouldn't say stupid necessarily, just immature. telling yourself no takes discipline that children just don't have by default. if you're over the age of, say, 30 and still can't help yourself then yeah you're probably just not very bright and should consider growing up

>> No.12016055

>>12016008
It doesn't take much discipline, though. I've always struggled with things like procrastination and exercising properly and discipline in general. But changing my shitty eating habits took practically no effort.

>> No.12016065

>>12015869
>i can honestly kinda understand where soda drinkers are coming from.
>soda drinkers
you mean "normal people"

>> No.12016072

>>12016065
Keep telling yourself that.

>> No.12016120

>>12016065
it's normal to be weak-willed, yes. doesn't make it any less harmful for you just because it's normal lol