[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 34 KB, 448x280, iVQoaENGRkGUAgo-800x450-noPad.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
12421230 No.12421230 [Reply] [Original]

Does Taco Bell hate money? Why on earth wouldn't they keep the best item on their menu when its really just a cheap ass mayo based sauce? This cheap ass condiment single handedly makes me go to Taco Bell a few times a month when they have it. Without it I go maybe once a year.

Why does Taco Bell hate it's own creations and customers?

>> No.12421247

>>12421230
Taco Bell's gimmick is to have a new limited time meme food each month
I'm sure it'll be back eventually then you and everybody else will cum in their pants and make a huge deal about it then go back to whining when it's gone again

>> No.12421324

>>12421230
They don't sell what customers "like"

They buy and use whatever components are in season or on sale to maximize profits. Nearly every major fast food company does this. An easy trend to notice is every place having jalapeno-based items around the same time. McDonald's doesn't sell the Mcrib year-round even though it would sell well, they only sell it when profits are at a maximum. etc.

There's also contractual obligations/negotiations that play a big part, but that's too much to explain.

Customer demand doesn't mean shit to shareholders, and that's who these companies actually "serve". Shareholders and would-be investors always prefer the safe and stable profits that come from cheap, reliable seasonal items.

>> No.12422009

>>12421230
They do this so they can have a guaranteed revenue boost when they need it.

>> No.12422026

>>12421230
They know people loved the volcano sauce. Sales can easily prove that. They are keeping it as a extra “get out of jail” card if shit hits the fan with the Doritos tacos.

>> No.12422297

>>12421230
Goddamn I miss volcano sauce. I found a copycat recipe somewhere that was something like the powdered cheese, from a box of mac and cheese, hydrate it, and add hot sauce. Never made it, but I might try it someday.

>> No.12422306

>>12421230
Trump hates Mexicans so they’re fighting back.

>> No.12422316

>>12421230
I have a legit conspiracy theory that they have the volcano menu as their ace in the hole so if they have a couple bad fiscal quarters they can drop it for an instant recoup.