[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 113 KB, 600x600, ckmascot.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
12611536 No.12611536 [Reply] [Original]

Gather round children of /ck/, and I will tell you tales of yesteryear! Of the old days, when there were recipe threads and cookbook dumps, where co/ck/s were co/ck/s and we liked it that way! Gather round while I share the ancient scrolls of /ck/ long ago! (kek)
Seriously, though, this is a collection of Anon recipes that I compiled a decade ago, mostly. (I know because of my file dates). None of these are my recipes, they are all saved from anons' posts. I repeat, none of these are my recipes. So, if you have a problem with any of them, go back in time and bitch at them, not me ;) And remember, these are from a decade ago, so if there's super old lingo and shit in there, well, that's why. I figure I should do something with them besides hoard them in my files, so hope you enjoy!

>> No.12611541

I'm just going down the list here, in no particular order.

Gratin dauphinois :
2lb (1kg) potatoes (waxy potatoes such as pink fir apple, russet)
1 or 2 cloves garlic, mashed
2 oz butter
2 cups (50cl) whole milk
5 oz (160g) French or Swiss Gruyère cheese
1 pint double cream
Salt and pepper
180°C oven
Put the potatoes in a pan, covered with milk, add salt.
Bring to the boil starting at moderate heat for 5 minutes then low heat for 10 minutes. Stir from time to time.
Rub a dish with garlic and grease it well with butter. Transfer half of the potatoes in the gratin dish. Add half the cheese, double cream and pepper to the layer. Put the second half of the potatoes and cover with the cheese and double cream left.
Put the dish in the oven and cook for 1 hour . Gratin Dauphinois is ready when the top is gold and brown.

>> No.12611543

Anon's Aioli Recipes:

3 yolks
1 clove of garlic
1 tsp lemon juice
2/3 cup oil

process first three ingredients, and keep processing while SLOWLY adding the oil

5 yolks
5 tbsp dijon
5 lemons worth of juice
eyeball the oil(two cups or there abouts)
5 cloves of garlic

So put the garlic, yolks, mustard into a mixer and blend, slowly add teh first cup of oil, add teh lemon juice, then add teh second cup. easy money.

>> No.12611557

Anon's Alcoholic Punches:

-Yeah, somewhere I have a recipe for a champagne punch that uses pineapple juice, ginger ale, fresh orange and lemon juice and champagne. It's fucking delicious. I honestly don't know where the recipe is though. It's like you make a sugar syrup from a cup of sugar and 1/2 cup water, then mix that with frozen pineapple juice concentrate, like 2 cups fresh orange juice, 1 cup fresh lemon juice, and then before serving, you add 2 liters of ginger ale, and 2 bottles of champagne.

-It's Spring! Try some in season fruits such as peaches, plums, green apples or strawberries, and make a white sangria or champagne punch. Per bottle of wine or sparkling wine, use 2 shots of grand marnier (or more), and your choice of white cranberry, grape or other bottled juice. Freeze fruit and juice in molds for ice molds and include some mint leaves.

- 1 bottle of Pimms, 1 bottle lemon soda... crushed ice.

- Feeling lazy? Big iced tea container, especially those jugs with the dispenser. Fill with one can frozen lemonade concentrate, and either another one or limeade/pineapple/cherry/whatever if you want to mix up the flavor. I stick to lemonade, then add a 5th (aka 750 ml) of vodka, and add 10-20 lipton iced tea bags. Let sit in the sun for an hour or two, then pour over ice.

>continued (this was a long post)

>> No.12611562

>>12611557
>continued

-2 standard 750 ml bottles of ruby port
1 " " " " prosecco
1 liter of "Tamarindo" tamarind flavoured soda
50 ml orange flower water
1 can of grapefruit sections in sweet syrup
3 oranges
4 kiwifruit
¼ of a pineapple
½ liter of raspberries
½ liter of blackberries
Remove any leaves and stems from berries, lightly crushing them in a large bowl. Add the grapefruit sections with their syrup, lightly crushing them also. Set aside one orange. Peel and thinly slice all other fruit, catching the juice and adding them with the caught juice to the bowl. Pour in the two bottles of ruby port and place the bowl covered (with plastic wrap) in the refrigerator for 24 - 36 hours. Retrieve another large bowl, remove the mixture from the refrigerator and strain into the new bowl through a clean, white cotton cloth. Add the prosecco, tamarindo and orange flower water, stirring lightly with a spoon. thinly slice the remaining orange with the peel intact and place the slices in the bowl with ice.

-If you want the maximum amount of booze with minimum amount of flavor you have to make skip and go naked. There are a few recipes, here is mine. It sounds odd, but is amazing!
12 pack cheap beer, I prefer coors light, literally has no flavor.
750ml of vodka , I use sobieski best bang for your buck better than smirnoff at half the price!
1 box of pink zinfandel, or white same thing.
2 liter of sprite
2 cans or frozen lemonade concentrate
1 can limeade concentrate.
makes about 3 gallons of epic punch! I make it the night before, separate into three milk jugs and keep in the fridge. when the party starts I move them up to the freezer so they are mega cold. Orange or lime slices go well in the punch bowl. It looks almost exactly like OP pic.
If you have like 30 people this will work well!

-

>> No.12611569

Anon's Avocado "Fries"

Here is a simple and satisfying treat for when the fried food craving hits!
Slice up some avocado into 1/4-1/2 inch strips.
Tip: After slicing the avo in half score the flesh while it is still in the rind and then scoop out the meat and it will already be in strips.

Roll the avocado in a flax breading that is made up of:
1/2 cup ground flax seeds
1-2 tsp. garlic minced or powder
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. oregano
1 Tbs. nutritional yeast

After breading the avocado slices you can dehydrate them for about an hour. This warms them up as well as allows some of the oils of the avocado to soak into the breading. You could just eat them right away too.

You can make spicy chili fries and it would be good. The spices can be varied and your imagination is the only limitation.

>> No.12611576

Anon's Barbecued Onions:

Get a fire, or a barbeque with coals and wrap an onion (skin on) in aluminium foil, with a spring of rosemary and a knob of butter. After about 10 minutes the sugars will be concentrated and the taste amazing. Not restaurant syle but damn good.

. A technique I like to use involves brushing onion slices with oil, then a light coating of barbecue sauce.

It tastes like a fucking McRib, but without the pork. Which is better than you might imagine.

>> No.12611581

Anon's Beer Pretzel Dip

1 8 oz. package cream cheese
2 cups finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 packet dry ranch dressing mix
½ can beer
Mix together, and serve with pretzels.

>> No.12611585

Biryani
Ingredients:
1 Kg/2 lbs. boneless meat (chicken/lamb), cut in 1 inch strips
2 cups rice, washed and drained(preferably Basmati Rice)
5 cloves garlic
1 inch piece of ginger
5 dried red chillies
2 medium onions, sliced into rings
2 medium tomatoes, diced
5 mint leaves
pinch of saffron (optional)
3 large potatoes, peeled and diced
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
3 tbsp butter
3 pods cardamoms
3 cloves
2 inch stick of cinnamon
salt to taste
Method:
Make a paste of the garlic, ginger and chillies in a food processor. Saute the onions in the butter until golden brown, about 5-7 minutes. Remove the onions, and put them aside.
Put the ginger-garlic-chili paste into the same pan used above and saute for 3-4 minutes. Add the meat and saute. Lamb should be sauted for about 7-8 minutes, while the chicken will take about 4-5 minutes. The meat should be about half cooked at the end of this step. Add chopped tomatoes, cloves, cinnamon, cardamoms, turmeric, mint leaves and salt and saute for 2 minutes. Add a little water and cook until the meat is almost cooked.

Now add the rice and potatoes. Add the rest of the water and simmer covered, on a very low flame for 15-20 minutes, until the rice is cooked. Serve hot, garnished with the fried onions.

>> No.12611588

Broccoli Pesto

1 small head broccoli, separated into florets and the trunk chopped into chunks
1/4 cup (ish) olive oil, plus more for roasting broccoli
a small handful of fresh basil
1 small garlic clove
1/2 cup grated Parmesan
pinch salt

Preheat the oven to 450F. On a large rimmed baking sheet, spread out the broccoli and drizzle with olive oil. Toss about with your hands to coat the broccoli with oil. Roast for 10-15 minutes, flipping once, until golden on the edges. Set aside to cool slightly.

In the bowl of a food processor, pulse the broccoli (scrape any oil left on the bottom of the baking sheet in as well), basil, garlic, Parmesan cheese and salt until well mulched. With the motor running, pour the olive oil in in a thin stream. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add more if it needs it to achieve a pesto-like consistency. Makes about 1 1/2 cups.

>> No.12611593

Anon's Braised Beef Brisket

6 lbs whole beef brisket with 1/2 inch top layer of fat
3 Tbs thyme leaves
2 bay leaves crumbled
10 cloves garlic, smashed
3 dried red chiles, crumbled
1 Tbs + 2 Tsp cracked black pepper
3 Tbs extra-virgin olive oil
2 medium onions
3 medium carrots, peeled
1 stalk celery
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
3 cups dark beer like Guinness
4 cups beef stock (or more if needed)
Comment too long. Click here to view the full text.

>continued

>> No.12611598

>>12611593
>continued'

Turn off the heat (so the liquids won't evaporate immediately) and add the balsamic vinegar, then the beer. Turn the heat back up to medium high and reduce the beer by a quarter. Add the beef stock and bring the stock to a boil over high heat. Use a slotted spoon to scoop out most of the vegetables and place them under and around the brisket. Pour the hot stock over the meat. It should come just to the top of the brisket. Add more stock if necessary. Dover the pan tightly with aluminum foil and a tight fitting lid if you have one. Braise in the oven 5 to 6 hours.

To check for doneness, carefully remove the lid and foil, watching out for the hot steam. Test the meat by inserting a fork into it. If the fork slides in easily, then the brisket is done.

Let the brisket cool in its juices for 30 minutes. Carefully transfer it to a baking sheet and chill completely. Strain the braising juices into a sauce pan, pressing down the vegetables with a ladle to extract all the liquid. Skim the fat from the braising juices and chill. (Or slice the warm brisket if you want to serve it right away.)

When you are ready to serve, preheat the oven to 400. Cut the cold brisket against the grain into 1/4 inch thick slices. Lay the slices in two large roasting pans, heat the braising juices and pour some over the meat, just to cover. Cook about 20 minutes until the meat is hot and caramelized and crispy on top. Serve with horseradish cream if you can get the ingredients.

1/4 Cup Creme Fraiche
1 TBS prepared horseradish
Salt & Pepper

Mix all together.

>> No.12611599

Candied Jalapenos

Ingredients
-----
3 pounds fresh, firm, jalapeno peppers, washed
2 cups cider vinegar
6 cups white granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
1/2 teaspoon celery seed
3 teaspoons granulated garlic
1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper

Instructions
-----
Wearing gloves, remove the stems from all of the jalapeno peppers. The easiest way to do this is to slice a small disc off of the stem-end along with the stem. Discard the stems.
Slice the peppers into uniform 1/8-1/4 inch rounds. Set aside.
In a large pot, bring cider vinegar, white sugar, turmeric, celery seed, granulated garlic and cayenne pepper to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the pepper slices and simmer for exactly 4 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the peppers, loading into clean, sterile canning jars to within 1/4 inch of the upper rim of the jar. Turn heat up under the pot with the syrup and bring to a full rolling boil. Boil hard for 6 minutes. [...]
Use a ladle to pour the boiling syrup into the jars over the jalapeno slices. Insert a cooking chopstick to the bottom of the jar two or three times to release any trapped pockets of air. Adjust the level of the syrup if necessary. Wipe the rims of the jars with a clean, damp paper towel and fix on new, two-piece lids to finger-tip tightness.
*If you have leftover syrup, and it is likely that you will, you may can it in half-pint or pint jars, too. It’s wonderful brushed on meat on the grill or added to potato salad or, or, or… In short, don’t toss it out!
Place jars in a canner, cover with water by 2-inches. Bring the water to a full rolling boil. When it reaches a full rolling boil, set the timer for 10 minutes for half-pints or 15 minutes for pints. When timer goes off, use canning tongs to transfer the jars to a cooling rack. Leave them to cool, undisturbed, for 24 hours. When fully cooled, wipe them with a clean, damp washcloth then label.
Allow to mellow for at least two weeks,

>> No.12611606

Carrot cake "tips"

Carrot cake, nigger. Just make sure you include the ("optional") pineapple that's in most recipes and even the baking-impaired can't fuck that shit up.

Also, add some orange and lemon zest and a splash of liquor (like grand marnier or amaretto) to the standard cream cheese icing to make everybody cream their pants.

>> No.12611611

Char Sui

Sure. Basically you marinate a ~2lb pork shoulder/neck/butt overnight and bake it. Really easy, you might not have all the ingredients unless you're Chinese/Japanese though.

To make the Marinade:
1 cup (360ml) soy sauce
3 Tbs. oyster sauce
5 Tbs. sugar
1/2 cup shaoxing wine or sake or dry sherry
an inch-long (2cm) piece of fresh ginger, peeled and sliced
1 small onion, peeled and cut into quarters
2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed with a knife
1 cinnamon stick
1 small piece of star anise

Put that all in a plastic bag with the pork, leave it ~3 hrs or overnight (turn it once or twice).

Put the pork in a baking tray with some marinade (not too much or you'll be boiling instead of roasting). Do 450 for 15 min, then 250 for 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Flip every 30 min.

>> No.12611616

CHICKPEA COOKIE DOUGH DIP

i love eating it with graham crackers... at first i was a bit hesitant to try it, but, i gave it a go and i enjoyed it. it tastes even better chilled/the next day.

and FYI (incase i have questions about the taste), it did not taste like chickpeas. it did taste peanut-butter-ish since the recipe calls for it, or any type of nut butter. it does not taste EXACTLY like cookie dough, but it's something that's oddly delish for being bean-based.
recipe for chickpea cookie dough dip, for those who might be interested:

1 1/2 cups chickpeas (1 can, drained) (250g)
1/8 tsp plus 1/16 tsp salt
tiny bit over 1/8 tsp baking soda
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/4 cup nut butter (You can get away with using only 3 T. If you use peanut butter, it’ll have a very-slight “pb cookie dough” taste, so if you don’t want this, you can sub oil.)
up to 1/4 cup milk of choice (Start with 1 T, and add more as needed)
Sweetener (see note below, for amount)
1/3 cup chocolate chips or Sugar-Free Chocolate Chips
2 to 3 T oats (or flaxmeal) (You can omit, but also omit the milk if you do)
Add all ingredients (except for chocolate chips) to a good food processor (not blender), and blend until very smooth. Then mix in the chocolate chips.

>> No.12611620

CHIMICHURRI MOTHERFUCKER
-
1/2 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
1 clove garlic
2 minced shallots
1 teaspoon minced basil, thyme or oregano, or mixture
Salt and pepper to taste

Combine all ingredients and let set for at least 2 hours before serving.

>> No.12611621

Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies

INGREDIENTS

* 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
* 2 teaspoons baking soda
* 2 cups butter, softened
* 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
* 1/2 cup white sugar
* 2 (3.4 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding mix
* 4 eggs
* 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
* 4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
* 2 cups chopped walnuts (optional)

DIRECTIONS

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Sift together the flour and baking soda, set aside.
2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar. Beat in the instant pudding mix until blended. Stir in the eggs and vanilla. Blend in the flour mixture. Finally, stir in the chocolate chips and nuts. Drop cookies by rounded spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
3. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven. Edges should be golden brown.

>> No.12611623

For me, it's gotta be duck in cidre, green apples and honey with a metric fucktonne of herbs.
>Once braised, the liquid is reduced on the hob while the duck is roasted dry to crisp its skin while it is glazed with the cidre/honey syrup, served with beet salad, the braised apples and mashed potatoes.

Nothing specific, sorry. The herbs, though, are marjoram, laurels, wild fennel (or domesticated dill) and levistico. Also fresh-cracked peppercorn.
Decide if you want the apples whole, cored or quarter and peeled or skin-on and stuff them into the duck.
Then use a cast iron pot and do basic oven-braising stuff with the cidre, honey and so on.
When the duck is braised and tender, remove it from the oven and pot and remove the apples from inside and set them aside.
Place the duck on a roasting rack and reduce the braising liquid until thick and syrupy.
Glaze and roast the duck until crisp and that's really all there is to it. Salt to taste, of course.
The dish is generally made with this variety of small, green apple whose texture is not unlike the American Granny Smith, but the flavour is considerably more tart and texture a tad more firm and less flour-like (farinoso in Italian... mealy, in English?). They grow to be at most only half the size of Granny Smiths, but if you use them, you can quarter and core them and it will be pretty okay.

>> No.12611630

Anon's cream cheese fondue

cut into strips:
red bellpeppers
green bellpeppers
cauliflower
broccoli
carrots

cut into strips, season to taste and cook, steak or tritip

slice french bread

heat and mix together:
5 blocks cream cheese
1/4 cup green onion
1/4 cup milk
2-4 tablespoons yellow mustard

>> No.12611632

Anon's Curry Fried Rice:

This is my recipe for curry fried rice, cut it up.

Making Rice

2 Cups of Basmati Rice (Costco has great bulk rice)
3 Cups of water
salt in water if you want

Rinse rice in cold water in strainer/sieve for 1 minute or until the water runs clear. Boil 3 cups of water and place rice in pot. High heat until it boils reduce to gentle simmer (low heat) and cover. Simmer for 15 minutes and turn off the element. Let it rest for 15 on the element. Don’t lift the lid. Fluff rice and place in a container for overnight storage in the fridge. All fried rice requires day old rice at least.

Making the Egg for fried rice.

4 eggs
3 shakes of McCormick Curry powder
4 twists of fresh ground pepper

Beat eggs in a bowl, heat a nonstick frypan with a small amount of olive oil to coat. Scramble the eggs to done, not overcooked and reserve.

Making the Fried Rice:

2 cups of frozen veg thawed.
Rice from previous stage
Curried scrambled egg from previous stage
One ½ onion medium diced

Curry Paste:

3 tbsp olive oil
1 to 2 tbsp of chili sauce
1 tbsp curry powder
1tsp garlic powder
1tsp turmeric
1tsp ginger
2tbsp soy sauce

Take day old rice and pour 3 tbsp of olive oil or canola in its container and mix well. Coat the entire batch lightly. Put a small coating amount of oil in a big pan or wok and heat to high. Toss in the onion and leave it to brown. Toss it. Then add the rice and fry until warm, 2 minutes. Add veg and stir fry. Slowly add the curry paste and mix vigorously until uniform. Add the egg at the end and stir gently.

>> No.12611641

Dutch Crunch Bread Topping How To:

If you make your own bread, it's no effort to mix up the dutch crunch topping and do it yourself. (THIS IS JUST THE TOPPING THAT MAKES THE CRUNCHY TOP CRUST, NOT THE ACTUAL BREAD, YOU STILL HAVE TO DO THAT SEPERATELY)

2 1/2 tsp. sugar
2 packages active dry yeast
1/4 tsp. salt
6 tablespoons rice flour (look in the Asian section of a grocery store)
1 tsp. vegetable oil
1/3 cup water (approximately), 100-110 degrees

Stir together the dry ingredients. Add the oil, then enough water to create a thick paste. Cover and let rise 30-45 minutes, until bubbly and doubled in size.

When the bread or rolls are shaped (but have not gone through the final rising), stir the rice flour mixture and spread an even layer over the bread. Rise and bake the bread as the recipe directs.

This makes enough for about 2 loaves or 6 large sandwich size rolls.

>> No.12611647

Eggplant Falafel

Charcoal roast an eggplant.
Clean off its skin.
Purée its flesh.
Add ground peppercorn and minced fresh parsley.
Mix in enough roasted chickpea powder to hold its shape and possibly add some rusk, if necessary.
Add crumbled/grated cheese and/or salt to taste.
Form into patties and dredge through crumb.
Pan fry in olive oil until crisp and heated through.
Serve either hot on marquq with charred bitter peppers (puparuol ro ciumm in the dialect of the part of Italy I'm from), sesame paste and beet-and-lemon-pickled turnip or serve cold on a plate with boiled eggs, hummus and other maza.

>> No.12611654

My favourite meal (pic related) after a cold day outside is by far 'witloof in hespenrollen' (endive with ham and cheese gratin)

8 small or 4 large witloof (endives, chicory)
8 slices of pre-cooked or smoked ham (on the thick side)
pat of butter

For the cheese sauce:
40g butter
45g flour
500ml milk
75g grated Gruyère or Emmental cheese (I like using some stronger cheese for an extra favlour boost)
freshly ground black pepper
sea salt
nutmeg

You'll need some more grated cheese for the cheese topping as well.

Cut off the very base of each witloof, but not too much; you want them to remain intact. Remove the outer leaves and rinse. Boil or steam the witloof for about 20 minutes or until soft when pricked with a fork. Let them drain in a colander, pressing out all excess water once they’ve cooled. Heat some butter in a heavy casserole, add the witloof and brown slightly all over.

Meanwhile, prepare the cheese sauce. Melt the butter in a small saucepan over a medium heat, then whisk in the flour and cook for about a minute, before slowly adding the milk, all the while stirring with the whisk. Bring to a gentle boil, whisking constantly, then reduce heat to low and simmer until thickened. Add the cheese and stir until melted, then season to taste with a little coarse salt, pepper and nutmeg. A bit of lemon juice can add more depth to the sauce.

Wrap each witloof with a slice of ham (remove any fatty trim). Pour a thin layer of cheese sauce into the bottom of the baking dish, carefully arrange the rolls to fit and cover them with the rest of the sauce. Finally, sprinkle the top with grated cheese before putting in a preheated oven at 180°C for about 25 minutes. At the last moment, let the cheese go crusty under the grill, but only for a few seconds to avoid burning. Serve immediately with mashed or boiled potatoes.

>> No.12611661

Falafel making tips

Nan's Awesome Authentic Falafel

Ingredients
--------------------
1/2 lbs. Dried Fava beans
Olive Oil
Garlic, whole cloves
Cumin, ground
Fresh Parsley, chopped
Gram flour (chickpea flour)
Half of a Fresh Red Chili, diced
Fresh Mint Leaves, chopped (Optional)
Fresh Coriander Leaves, chopped (Optional)
Onion, diced (Optional)

Method
---------------
1. Place fava beans in a pot with olive oil and the garlic cloves. Cover with cold water and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook until beans are tender.

2. Drain the beans and let them cool. Reserving the garlic, mash the beans together with the ground cumin in a medium mixing bowl. Dice the garlic. Add the garlic, chili, parsley, and optional ingredients to the mixture, with salt to taste. Incorporate gram flour slowly until mixture forms a thick paste.

3. Form the paste into ping-pong sized balls and flatten. Fry the patties in an inch of oil on a skillet, at 350F until browned, about 5-7 minutes. Serve hot in pita with lettuce, tomato, and z'hug sauce.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

As far as the z'hug and falafel goes, what are the names of the chilies you use? I found a couple of recipes for z'hug, but they all suggest different peppers and to use coriander seed instead of root. I have never had the root, is the flavor similar? They also suggest cilantro and parsley. Hey, forgive me for pullin' teeth, but I love old family recipes.

>> No.12611665

Anon's fresh ginger ale

Boil peeled and sliced ginger in water

Remove ginger slices, add sugar

Cool down, mix with sparkling water and lime juice.

Great fresh ginger ale, and you can make candied ginger from the leftover slices!

>> No.12611666

Anonymous 12/13/09(Sun)12:28 No.1415647

add nuts. seriously, a bunch of plain fudge gets boring and too sugary.

and if you fail and need to make fudge at the last moment, make no fail fudge as follows:
3 scant cups chocolate chips
1 can (300 ml) sweetened condensed milk
1.5 tsp vanilla
dash salt
any additional flavorings you want: i've used nuts, peanut butter chocolate chips, peppermint extract/crushed up candycanes (peppermint fudge!), etc.
Pour chocolate chips & condesed milk into a pan. Melt chocolate over medium heat, stirring constantly.
Remove from heat, and stir in vanilla.
Pour into a greased 8" square pan.
Cool for 2 or so hours in the fridge.
Cut into squares.

>> No.12611671

Garlic Chicken of Awesomeness

ey, /ck/. a lot of my recipes are spur of the moment thoughts that come to me as i'm walking around the grocery store. here's one of the better ideas i thought i'd share with you. it's extremely simple and everyone really enjoyed it, hopefully you will too. i call it "garlic chicken of awesomeness." :D

ingredients:
4 boneless chicken breasts
extra virgin olive oil
5 medium to large sized lemons
1 small package of goat cheese (i use herbed, you can use plain if you wish.)
one medium jar of peeled garlic cloves (yes, i use pre-peeled cloves in the jar. work smarter, not harder.)
one bag of baby spinach (you know, the bags in the pre-packaged salad section.)
red pepper flakes (amount adjusted based on how hot you like your food.)

pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees.

in a food processor, combine the juice of 3 of the 5 lemons, red pepper flakes, the goat cheese, spinach and about half of the cloves of garlic until it's basically a nice, thick sauce. set to the side.

in a pyrex dish, coat the bottom with the olive oil. you won't need much, just enough to cover the bottom, plus a little extra. add the rest of the garlic cloves to the dish.

take the chicken breasts and slice them down the middle. add them to the pyrex dish, slice side up. pour the cheese mixture over them and distribute evenly with a spoon or other utensil. juice the last 2 lemons and pour the juice over the entire thing. (add some lemon zest as well if you want!) i also added some more red pepper flakes to the top.

bake at 400 degrees for about 45 min to an hour. serve chicken breasts with the garlic cloves that have been cooking with the chicken. enjoy!

variations: i thought about adding some bleu cheese to the goat cheese or adding some bacon to the chicken breasts before pouring the sauce on them. i have not tried either, though. i hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we have.

pic related - right before it went into the oven.

>> No.12611674

Anon Giardinaira

6 serranos thinly sliced
2 red bell peppers
1 celery rib, diced
1 carrot diced
1/2 head cauliflower, stems removed and florets chopped
1/2 cup salt
3 cloves garlic
2 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/2 teaspoon celery seeds
black pepper
1 cup white vinegar
1 cup olive oil

the longer it sits the better it gets.

>> No.12611682

grill up some salmon yo!

Marinade
1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
3 tablespoons maple syrup
2 tablespoons fresh orange juice

Marinate your salmon for 3 hours in the refrigerator. Remove salmon and place the marinade in a sauce pan, bring it to a boil and reduce it down to 2 tablespoons

4 (6-ounce) salmon fillets, skinned
Cooking spray
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

use cooking spray on a pan, place pan on grill, place salmon on pan, once you are finished cooking remove sprinkle with salt and pepper drizzle with remaining marinade.

>> No.12611685

Homemade Coconut Oil Deodorant

Equal parts coconut oil (extra virgin is best), corn starch, and baking soda. Heat the oil just until it's liquid (Texasfag, so mine is melted at room temp), and mix the starch & soda in till it forms a paste. If it's dry where you live, you can add a bit more coconut oil. What I do is also add about 10-20 drops of tea tree essential oil, for its antibacterial properties (bacteria=stink), and because I don't like the smell of tea tree, I add eucalyptus oil till I can't smell it anymore.
I stuffed it into a little glass jar that used to hold chocolate body paint. A little less than 1/4C of each ingredient makes about 2oz. of deodorant, which will last quite a while. Then I just scoop out a pea-sized amount on a fingernail and rub it in until I can't see any white.
Remember that anything you put on your skin is absorbed into your body, so you get the health benefits (or detriments) just the same as if you were to eat or drink it, so you can factor that amount in to your daily dose. it's also a good substitute for hand cream in a pinch, since it absorbs quickly and doesn't leave a greasy feeling once you massage it in.

>> No.12611689

Homemade Paneer:

I take 3 litres of milk (or, coincidentally, 3 bags... I'm Canadian) and toss them in a big pot. On medium heat, bring the milk almost to a boil, where it just starts to bubble a little. Keep stirring the whole time, milk can burn easily.

When it is at that point, toss in a bunch of lemon juice (or vinegar, but I prefer lemon) and take the pot off of the element. I usually use the juice of a lemon... overkill, but it doesn't impact the flavour and I like to make sure I curdle everything. Stir in the juice for a minute and watch as the solids separate... it is cool.

Then, pour it through a strainer lined with a few layers of cheese cloth and pour cold water on it. You want to cool it down so it stops cooking. Tie up the cheese cloth and press it... I put it between 2 cutting boards and place 20 lbs of weight on it for an hour or so. I like it really firm, so I do it for as long as possible.

Then slice up into cubes and use. I sometimes give it a quick fry in ghee and then use it in the dish.

>> No.12611692

Hot Beef Pecan Dip
¼ cup green pepper
1 package cream cheese
2 Tbsp. Milk
½ cup sour cream
4 oz. Dried beef, chopped
2 Tbsp. Minced onion
1 tsp. Garlic powder
½ cup pecans, chopped and toasted

Mix ingredients together, then stir in pecans. Put in a casserole dish. Bake at 325 for 25-30 minutes till bubbly. Serve warm with crackers.

>> No.12611694

An Iranian recipe:

8 large green or red peppers
500 grams (1 lb) ground beef or lamb
200 grams (0.5 lb) of long-grain or basmati rice
2 medium onions, finely chopped
1/2 cup of cooking oil
3-4 teaspoons of tomato paste
salt
black pepper
1/2 cup parsley, finely chopped
1/3 cup mint, finely chopped
1/2 cup spring onions, finely chopped
1/3 cup garlic chives, finely chopped
1/3 cup tarragon, finely chopped (optional)

Directions:

Fry onions in cooking oil over medium heat until golden. Add ground meat and fry
further until meat changes color. Add 1/2 cup water, salt, pepper and tomato paste. Mix
and cook further until water boils off.

Fry prepared vegetables in cooking oil over medium heat until wilted. Boil two cups of
water in a small pot. Add 1 teaspoon of salt and rice and boil further until rice softens.
Drain the water and let cool slightly.

Cut a circle at the top of the peppers and remove seeds. Boil 2 cups of water in a
large pot. Add 1 teaspoon of salt and the peppers. They should be placed side by side
(make sure not to stack them). Cook until they soften slightly. Take care not to overcook
or they might fall apart later on. Drain the water and let cool.

Mix prepared meat, vegetables and rice well. Fill the peppers with the mix and close
the tops. Again place the peppers side by side (avoid stacking them) in a large pot. Add
1/2 cup of boiling water and simmer for 5-10 minutes. Serve this wonderful dolmeh hot with
ketchup.

>> No.12611700

Jello Shots

1 package watermelon jell-o
1 cup boiling water
1 cup Malibu coconut rum

dissolve the jell-o with the one cup of boiling water let it cool a bit then mix in the coconut rum. Pour into tiny 2 oz. plastic souffle cups an serve.

You can use these same amounts with any jell-o and any kind of booze you would like.

>> No.12611703

Anon's Keralan Fish Curry:

If you can't get Fresh Curry leaf and black cardomon, i'd say dont bother. If you can get those two fantastic ingredients, i would strongly recommend you try this out.

**Dry Spice Roast*

2 black cardamon pods
4 cloves
15 black peppercorns

Roast on cast iron. When the pods are hot, turn out the tarlike seeds within. Pestle and mortar the bastard lot until you have a fine power. Set aside.

>>
Yirga 05/31/12(Thu)11:59 No.3647130

**Tempering and Fresh Base"

3Tbsp of peanut oil
When oil is cool add 2tsp of black mustard seed and 1tsp of cummin seed. Bring oil up to frying temperature. mustard seeds will pop
Add big handful of Curry leaf, sir for 30 seconds and follow with 2 half sliced onions, cook til translucent.
Add half a Fist of coasely chopped fresh ginger, fry for 4 minutes,
Add 6 coarsely chopped cloves of fresh garlic
Add and fry 2 tsp of your dry spice mix + a punch of salt + 1 tsp of tumeric power, fry for a minute
Add 3 chopped fresh tomatoes, fry until mushed, add 1 rocket chilli sliced in half lengthways, cook for a minute.
Sweeten your tomatoes, if like mine they are crap and british. 1/2 tsp of sugar.
Add 600g of Boiling water/ fish stock. taste for salt, ok to be a bit more salty than you would like. Fish will absorb some salt.

Add 500g of white fish, i like pollack but you could use any meaty white fish.

Reduce til the sauce clings to the fish, try not to break up the fillets too much. Feel free to balnce the sweetness with tamarind if you feel like going the extra mile.

Serve on basmati rice.

>> No.12611709

Lebanese Pickled Turnips

colored with beets, flavored with slivers of garlic, hot pepper (red and fresh green), brined with sea salt and red wine vinegar and just a little sugar. Two of the jars I used cider vinegar and two of the jars I used white vinegar just so I can compare results. I also compulsively threw in a little rosemary and cilantro in the brine.
The method I followed was: peel and slice the turnips and beets, salt liberally, mix em up and set aside for 12 hours. The leached juices go into the jars which I packed with all the ingredients and poured over leaving just a little air space with the boiled brine/vinegar. Lids on not-too-tight, I boiled the jars for 10 minutes, and I know this isn't real proper canning for shelf storage because I didn't boil with water over the top of the jars (don't have a pot big enough) but this is really just an experimental batch. Refrigerated, and without boiling, they're supposed to keep for a month - shelf, a year - we'll see if they're sterilized enough. What I understand is the object is to keep the lovely fermentation bacteria but to stave off moulds etc. We will see.

This shit is off the hook with a whole mazza plate - baba ganoush, hummus, some cheese, fatoosh, olives, hot pita... holy crap...

>> No.12611712

Lithuanian Chickpea Salad:

Hello all,

In this edition, I will be making "maistas paukšciams" (chickpea salad). It is nationally kept secret that is served most often during times of celebration and when people are too much fucking tightarses to serve meat.

You will need:
400g chickpeas, rinsed with water
50g peas
2 handfuls spinach, shredded
1 leek, chopped
1 red onion, chopped
100g brown rice
2tbsp olive oil
fresh coriander, chopped
salt/pepper
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp coriander ground
squeeze of lemon

First cook the rice like you normally would. If you don't know how to do that, so fuck you then. Allow to cool after

Next put the olive oil, leek, onion, garlic and spices in skillet. Heat for a little bit, then cool.

Mix all the other shit in a bowl.

Combine when the other things are at room temperature. Enjoy!

>> No.12611718

God tier english breakfast ( cheffag in london for 6 years) :

Sausages - as usual, not much to improve here,
Tomatoes : halves, season with s/p, finely chop thyme, sprinkle on top, thin flake of garlic on each , roast in oven
Eggs - if fried, yolk runny, if scrambled, add butter and double cream a bit, heat gradually while mixing, heat VERY SLOWLY. DO NOT ADD SALT until you serve it, makes it watery.
mushrooms - usually button, fry in butter with s/p, thyme until lightly golden
Backon - back, smoked, roast or panfried,
Baked beans - upon reheating add little bit of butter, ketchup, s/p, worcestershire sauce,
Black pudding - as usual,
Instead of hash brown make some bubble&squeak = mashed pots + blanched savoy cabbage+sauteed red onions, combine on frying pan with butter, s/p, and fry that bitch to get a lots of brown color. Incorporate the color in the mixture, the more color the more flavor. Personal favorite of mine on english breakfast.
Toasts - buttered.

Success guaranteed. Used to charge £12 for this and people were buying it.

You're welcome.

>> No.12611721

Cook mala oil.

dry pricklyash/sichuan peppercorn, 75g
dry chilies, 75g
oil, white (do not use toasted sesame oil, which is dark), 1 litre

Dry toast pricklyash in cast iron or SS pan until it just starts to smoke.
Off the heat and pour pricklyash into a blender.
Add dry chilies to the blender; meanwhile, heat the oil, but watch closely for whisps of smoke.
Blitz the chilies and pricklyash together until powdered; meanwhile, if the oil starts to smoke, off the heat and allow it to rest 4-5 minutes.
Pour the powder into a heat proof container, such as a separate, 2 litre-sized saucepan.
Pour the still-hot oil over the powder and allow it to sit until cool.
Pour into a plastic container and store (some people store it in the fridge, but this is not strictly necessary).
Use to add instant Sichuan flavour to dishes. It's very good.

>> No.12611723

Marinade for Korean BBQ (beef)

2 tsp soy sauce
2 tsp sesame oil
2 tsp garlic
2 tablespoons brown sugar or piloncillo
1 tablespoon rice wine or vinegar
Lots of black pepper
1/2 whole kiwi, pureed
Combine marinade in blender.

I like a whole handful of cilantro, makes it a little like a chimmichurri. Duplicate recipe for the dipping sauce, just chunkier. Substitute hoisin for the soy sauce to add thickness. And, use fresh red jalapenos to add more chunkiness.

>> No.12611726

Anon's Mediterranean Chicken:

1 whole chicken, cut in serving pieces
salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
2 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, diced
1 tbsp cumin
2 tbsp smoked paprika
4 cloves garlic, sliced thin
1/3 cup sliced green olives
2 tbsp capers
1 tsp dried oregano
2 bell peppers, diced (red and green)
2 tsp sugar
2 tsp kosher salt
1/4 cup tomato paste
2 cups white long grain rice
4 cups chicken broth
1 orange or 2 lemons, sliced

Season and brown chicken on all sides, reserve. In heavy cast iron enameled pot, sweat onion, spices, garlic, olice, capers and peppers in olive oil. Add sugar and salt along with tomato paste, stir and cook until paste is rust-colored. Add rice, broth, submerge browned chicken and lay citrus slices on top. Bring to simmer and cover, bake in oven at 350F for 30 minutes until rice is cooked.

>> No.12611731

Elotes

Husk corn cobs
Soak cobs for 15 minutes in cold water
Grill over direct heat, rotate occasionally for about 8-12 minutes. You should see some blackened kernals, that's normal.

Mix together mayo and sour cream, 50/50 ratio. Coat the grilled corn.
Roll the corn in finely shredded cotija cheese, fresh parmesan is a good substitute if you can't find cotija.
Sprinkle with chili powder
Squeeze of lime
Eat on a stick

It's delicious. Nice balance between salty, sweet, and tangy.

>> No.12611733

Muhammara

1½ slices whole grain bread
3 red bell peppers, roasted, skinned and chopped
2 very mild chilies, roasted, skinned and chopped
1 cup walnut pieces
3-4 cloves garlic, chopped
1-2 tbls pomegranate molasses
juice of ½ lemon
1 teas ground cumin
7 tbls olive oil

Break up bread and place all ingredients except oil in food processor. Process until finely chopped. With motor running drizzle in olive oil and process until mixture is a smooth paste. Serve at room temperature.

Note: I usually use jarred roasted peppers and a pinch of red pepper flakes rather than roasting my own.

>> No.12611736

Anon's Mussels:

>Inch and a half of Butter and garlic
>Let cook for a minute or two
>Add two cups of dark lager
>Get it boiling in a deep pot
>Add mussels and cover for four minutes
>Open pot and shake
>Cover and let cook for three minutes
>Serve in deep bowl
>Pour liberal amounts of sauce

>> No.12611738

TT Nanaimo Bars, the single greatest dessert crafted by the hand of man. If you haven't made these, do so now. It's like getting fucked in the mouth by Jesus.

In 1986, Nanaimo Mayor Graeme Roberts, in conjunction with Harbour Park Mall, initiated a contest to find the ultimate Nanaimo Bar Recipe. During the four-week long contest, almost 100 different variations of the famous confectionery were submitted. The winner: Joyce Hardcastle's recipe.

Bottom Layer
½ cup unsalted butter (European style cultured)
¼ cup sugar
5 tbsp. cocoa
1 egg beaten
1 ¼ cups graham wafer crumbs
½ c. finely chopped almonds
1 cup coconut

Melt first 3 ingredients in top of double boiler. Add egg and stir to cook and thicken. Remove from heat. Stir in crumbs, coconut, and nuts. Press firmly into an ungreased 8" x 8" pan.

Second Layer
½ cup unsalted butter
2 Tbsp. and 2 Tsp. cream
2 Tbsp. vanilla custard powder
2 cups icing sugar

Cream butter, cream, custard powder, and icing sugar together well. Beat until light. Spread over bottom layer.

Third Layer
4 squares semi-sweet chocolate (1 oz. each)
2 Tbsp. unsalted butter

Melt chocolate and butter overlow heat. Cool. Once cool, but still liquid, pour over second layer and chill in refrigerator.

>> No.12611742

Pepperocini Appetizer:

Take whole peppercini peppers, make a slit in them and de-seed. Stuff with a mixture of cream cheese, crab meat, and chives. Awesome.

>> No.12611747

Pho broth:

I'm vietnamese and those instant pho broths taste horrible. Here's a basic recipe:

-beef bones
-ginger
-star anise
-cloves
-a stick of cinnamon
-a whole onion
-salt & pepper to taste
-and maybe a lil sugar

Put the ginger, star anise, cloves, cinnamon in cheese cloth make bundle. Place onion, bones and bundle in a large pot. Fill w/water. Boil. Add salt, pepper, and sugar to your liking. You can boil for a few hours, but my family usually boils it overnight and then the broth is done.

You then can add the rice noodles, flank steak thinly sliced, bean sprouts, sriracha hot sauce, and hoisin sauce and your pho is done.

>> No.12611751

Pickled Jalapenos

RECIPE:
Makes 3-4 pints

1 lb. of jalapeños
3/4 lb. carrots, peeled
1 lb. small white onions, peeled (either pearl or cipollini work well)
3 tablespoons kosher salt
1/2 cup water
5 garlic cloves, peeled and diced
10 additional garlic cloves, peeled and left whole
10 black peppercorns, crushed
1 teaspoon cumin seeds, crushed
4 whole cloves, crushed
16 bay leaves
1/2 cup canola oil
Leaves from 2 fresh thyme sprigs
6 additional fresh thyme sprigs
1 1/2 teaspoons dried Mexican oregano
1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
4 cups distilled white vinegar

1. Slice open each jalapeño lengthwise; remove the stem and the seeds. Slice each half lengthwise again so you have four quarters from each jalapeño. Set aside in a large bowl. (NOTE: It is recommended that you use rubber gloves while handling the jalapeños. If you do not be very careful not to rub your eyes with your hands as they will definitely sting.)

2. Slice each carrot on a bias such that the slices are about 1/8 inch thick. Add to the bowl with the jalapeños. Toss the jalapeños and the carrots thoroughly with the kosher salt. Set aside for at least one hour.

>continued

>> No.12611755

>>12611751
3. Add the water, the diced garlic, peppercorns, cumin seeds, cloves, de-stemmed thyme leaves, 10 of the bay leaves and 1/2 teaspoon of the oregano to a blender. Blend on high for 30 seconds. Scrape down sides of the bowl. Blend again until smooth.

4. Heat the oil in a large, high sided pot over high heat. Add the onions and the blended spice mixture to the oil. Fry until the water has evaporated. Stir often so the onions do not brown.

5. Strain the jalapeños and the carrots, reserving the juice in a separate bowl. Add the jalapeños and the carrots to the pan and fry in the oil for 5 minutes, stirring often.

6. Add the vinegar, the reserved jalapeño/carrot juice, the whole garlic cloves, 6 thyme sprigs, 6 bay leaves, remaining oregano and brown sugar to the pan. Bring to a boil and continue a gentle rolling boil for about 7-8 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool. Transfer to your preferred storage container - I used 1 pint mason jars.

These peppers will keep for weeks in the refrigerator, but they probably won't last that long.

>> No.12611758

Ponche de Creme

4 eggs
1 tin of condensed milk
1 tin of evaporated milk
1 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
1 tsp of vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon(or 1 stick of cinnamon in the storage bottle)
2 1/2 cups of golden rum(preferably Angostura's)
2 tsp of Angostura Bitters
2 tsp of lime or lemon zest(to cut the egg freshness)

in a blender put the eggs,vanilla, condensed milk and evaporated milk. blend on high until everything is frothy and delightful. add the rum, nutmeg and ground cinnamon(if using a cinnamon stick with hold it from the blender) and then blend until completely incorporated. for the final blend add the lime zest and Angostura bitters. blend on high for 20 seconds and then transfer to a glass bottle with a secure cover. (now is a good time to add the stick of cinnamon and a few vanilla beans) this shit will keep in your fridge or even in a cupboard for at least 2 months. just remember to shake it thoroughly before you pour it...also add a dash of bitter to the bottom of your glass before pouring. its pretty goddamn tasty

>> No.12611761

Queso flameado
Ingredients:
3 cups of shredded asadero cheese
1 cup of shredded Monterey Jack
1 poblano chile
1/2 cup of Mexican chorizo

Method:
Heat the poblano chile under the broiler for five minutes on each side or until its blackened. Place the chile in a paper sack, close it and let the chile steam for 15 minutes. After this time, rub off the skin, remove the stem and seeds and cut into strips.

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

Break up the chorizo and cook it in a skillet until it’s done, about five minutes. Lightly grease a medium-sized cast-iron skillet or a casserole dish and add the cheese. Top with the crumbled, cooked chorizo and poblano strips and cook for 15 minutes or until bubbling.

Spoon out the melted queso flameado onto tortillas.

FUCKING LET THAT SHIT SET-UP FOR AT LEAST 5 MINUTES. OTHERWISE YOU'LL HAVE A SOUPY MESS

>> No.12611766

Raw Asparagus Salad with Toasted Walnuts and Mizithra

1 bunch asparagus
2 tablespoons fresh tarragon, leaves removed from the stem
1 cup walnuts, toasted
Kosher salt and cracked black pepper
1 lemon, juiced and zested
1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1/4 cup Mizithra cheese, shaved into small curlicues

Preparing the asparagus. Remove the woody stems of the asparagus stalks. Bend the thick end of each stalk and look to see where it wants to break. Break it off there. (Danny says you can knee-cap it.) If you want, you can save the stalks to make asparagus stock. But that's another recipe. Slice the asparagus stalks into 1/2-inch pieces, leaving the tips whole. Put them in a large bowl. Add the tarragon leaves.

Toasting the walnuts. Put the walnuts into a small skillet. Set the skillet over low heat (and we mean LOW). Allow the walnuts to toast, tossing them every few minutes, until they are browned and you smell toasted walnuts, about 10 minutes.

Making the vinaigrette. Put the lemon juice, zest, and a pinch of salt and pepper into a small bowl. Stir while you slowly drizzle in the olive oil. (You can also do this in a jam jar with a lid or with a stick blender if you want the dressing to be fully emulsified.)

Finishing the salad. Drizzle a bit of vinaigrette over the asparagus and tarragon and toss. (You know your own tastes best as to how much you want to use.) Plate the asparagus on small saucers. Add the toasted walnuts and the curlicues of Mizithra. Eat.

Feeds 2 to 4 people, depending on how much they want to eat.

>> No.12611771

Ahh I speak Chinese. My parents are Shanghainese and so we use that dialect.

Recipe Time!

Red bean buns:

Red Bean Buns (Dousha Bao)
Makes 1 dozen buns
Dough:
3 cups all purpose unbleached flour
1 1/2 teaspoons instant yeast
1/4 cup sugar
Comment too long. Click here to view the full text.

>>2720540
Combine the ingredients and mix well. The dough needs to be somewhat supple for streching and shaping, so add a little extra water if necessary
Knead by hand for approximately 10-12 minutes or by machine for 5-7 minutes. Set aside in a covered bowl and let rise for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
Divide the dough into a dozen pieces form each into a ball. If you are going to fill them let them rest for 5 minutes or so before flattening them to fill them.
Once they are shaped, let rest for 10 minutes. During this time, bring the water in your steamer to a boil.
Red bean paste can be made from scratch by cooking and sweetening azuki beans.
To fill, flatten the balls of dough into circles and place a tablespoon of filling on top.
Close them up and either reroll them seam side down for a smooth bun or pinch them to the top if you want them to tear open on top.
Place each ball of dough on a small piece of parchment or wax paper and place in the steamer. Cover and steam for approximately 15 minutes. Remove from heat and serve warm.

Great for breakfast, dessert, or a snack!

>> No.12611775

Roasted Roma Tomatoes

get bunch of roma tomatos when they're cheap
cut in half
arrange fan up on pan
drizzle with oil, sprinkle with some salt
and bake at 275 for half an hour, finish with a broiler on low for a few minutes until colored

use in soups, mash into pasta sauce with some basil, into a bowl with some feta cheese or blue cheese and a lil romaine lettuce and some fresh tomatos for a salad.

>> No.12611780

Anon's Russian Shchi

i've got just the thing anon, it is one of my favorite dishes and is high in protein and veggies. it is called shchi, and is a traditional russian soup. imagine a beef stew but with better veggies. as long as you can cut vegetables then its pretty hard to fuck this up

what you will need:
a pound or so of stew meat
one potato, cubed
one turnip, skinned and cubed
one white onion, diced
one bulb of garlic, crushed
two carrots, sliced
one largish parsnip, sliced
two leeks, sliced
one medium head of cabbage, shredded
a cup or two of mushrooms, sliced
some chopped parsley
salt and pepper
two cans of beef broth (or better yet make your own)
some dill seed
a tub of sour cream

alright start out by browning your meat, sautee your garlic as you brown the beef. add the beef, garlic, two cans of beef broth, chopped onion, salt, pepper, and a few cups of water to your pot. cover and cook on very low heat for maybe 3 hours. open it up, stir, and add all of your chopped vegetables. add salt and pepper until the liquid is seasoned to your liking. cover and cook for another 3-4 hours on very low heat. by this point it should be cooked. laddle it into a bowl and garnish it with some chopped parsley, a teaspoon of dill seed, and a tablespoon of sour cream on top. trust me on the sour cream, it will really mellow out the taste and will provide a bit of fat and calcium.

and there you have it! the best thing about this recipe is how healthy and delicious it is, but also that there is no perfect way to make it. you can vary the amounts of each veggie and stuff. packed full of vitamins, fibers, and proteins, it is a low calorie, hearty, and inexpensive meal. oh ya, and it gets even better when it "strikes", it tastes best 2-3 days after its made. one pot lasts me about a week. good luck!!!

>> No.12611783

SAUCE FOR ASPARAGUS:

3 PARTS ORANGE MARMALADE
1 PART WATER
1 PART GRATED FRESH GINGER

REDUCE OVER LOW HEAT UNTIL IT'S THE CONSISTENCY OF SYRUP. ADD ONE TABLEPSOON UNSALTED BUTTER AND INCORPORATE IT. POUR OVER ASPARAGUS AND SERVE

>> No.12611784

I'm German, and if by bread dumplings you mean what is know as "Semmelknoedel" around here, you're in luck. This is the recipe I got from my mother, who got it from her mother, who probably got it from Hitler or something.

You need:

About 6 ounces of stale bread (soft pretzels or pretzel rolls are best)
About 2/3 cups of milk
1 medium sized onion
2 ounces of butter (half a stick)
3 eggs
some chopped parsley
salt

Dice bread and add to bowl, heat milk and pour over the bread. Finely chop the onion and fry in butter until golden. Add the fried onions to the bowl along with the parsley (use as much or as little as you want). Finally, add the three eggs and the salt. Mix it all together, preferably using your hands. The resulting mass should hold together without being overly sticky, add some water if you think it's too dry. Let it sit for 15-30 minutes so the bread can absorb some more moisture. If you used really dry bread it might take a bit longer.
Bring a pot of salt water to a boil, then switch to low heat. Form the mass into eight dumplings (get your hands wet first!) and add them to the pot. Cover and let simmer for 15-20 minutes.

Leftovers keep in the fridge for a few days. You can either heat them back up or cut them into slices and fry them in a bit of oil.

>> No.12611789

This is the best thing you can do to eggs. It is a Sephardi dish called shakshuka. First chop 2 onions, 2 cloves of garlic, and 4 hot peppers, Then you soften them in olive oil. Add in 2 tablespoons sweet paprika and two teaspoons cumin along with salt and pepper to taste. Next squeeze 4 plum tomatoes into the pot and add a cup of water. let it reduce down and turn deep red. Now make 4 wells in the thickened sauce and break an egg into each hole.Cover with a half pound of crumbled feta (bulgarian is cheep and good). cover and cook the eggs till the white are solid and the yolks are still runny. add chopped cilantro and eat

>> No.12611792

this is going to blow your fucking mind but it's seriously amazing and cheap.

>take a can of cheap buttermilk milk biscuits for 49 cents
>slit a hole in them and stuff with char siu pork or cabbage filling
>wrap in wet paper towels
>microwave 2-3 min. (or until cooked to your liking, just watch them)

so good and so identical to regular steamed pork buns it's unbelievable.

>> No.12611797

Sit down faggots, I'm gonna teach you guys an awesome recipe my Russian grandma taught me. I don't know what they're called in English, but in Ruski they're called "SIR-nee-kee".

Ingredients:
-One egg
-Enough farmer cheese to mix with the egg(should come out to a shapeable, pattable consistency)
-Some flour
-Some sugar

Things to be done:
-Mix the egg and farmer cheese
-Keep adding flour to the mix until it's firm enough to be patted into little patties, slightly larger than a cookie.
-Add sugar as desired
-Fry those little fuckers until they're golden brown
-Eat with sour cream.

Enjoy

>> No.12611802

Slow Cooker Barbacoa Beef
Makes enough meat to stuff 30 tacos
4 chipotle peppers (from a can) plus all the adobo sauce it sits in
1 bunch cilantro, chopped
1 red onion, peeled and cut into large chunks
1 head garlic, peeled and cloves smashed
5 dry bay leaves
2 teaspoons ground cloves
1 tablespoon kosher salt
Juice of 4 limes
1/2 cup cider vinegar
5 to 7 pounds beef brisket
4 to 6 cups beef or chicken stock
Stir together chipotle peppers and sauce, cilantro, red onion, garlic, clove, salt, lime juice, and cider vinegar in the insert of a slow cooker (if you have a food processor, pulse till combined first before adding). Place the brisket on top of this mixture. (I like to cut my brisket in two pieces so it fits better in the slow cooker.) Add stock to cover the meat and place bay leaves on top. Use tongs to move the meat around gently to combine everything and put the lid on. Cook on low for 8-10 hours. Shred and serve.

>> No.12611806

Spiced Indian Cauliflower Soup

1 large potato, peeled, chopped
1 small cauliflower, chopped
1 onion, chopped
1 Tbsp sunflower oil
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 Tbsp grated fresh ginger
2 tsp ground turmeric
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp black mustard seeds
2 tsp ground coriander
4 cups vegetable stock
1 ¼ cups plain yogurt
salt/black pepper
fresh cilantro or parsley to garnish

* Put potato, cauliflower and onion in large saucepan with oil and 3 Tbsp water. Heat until hot & bubbling, then cover, turn heat down and cook for 10min
* Add garlic/ginger/spices, stir well, cook for 2min, stirring occasionally. Pour in stock and season, bring to boil, cover and simmer for ~20min. Stir in yogurt, season well, garnish

>> No.12611809

I'll help, OP. Spicy basil chicken.

1 Pound chicken breast
2 Serrano chilies
1 Teaspoon soy sauce
2 Cups fresh basil
1 Tablespoon fish sauce
3 Cloves garlic
1/2 Tablespoon peanut oil
1 Teaspoon sugar
1 Teaspoon pepper
3/4 Tablespoon red-chili paste

>> Anonymous 04/14/09(Tue)21:57 No.921911

Chop the garlic and chilies finely. Then use the side of your knife to press them together in a rough paste.
• Preheat a wok or stainless-steel saute pan over medium-high heat. Add the oil and garlic-chili paste; fry for 2 to 3 minutes. Chop the chicken into small pieces and add them to the pan, cooking them until they're lightly browned, about 3 to 4 minutes. Add the soy sauce, fish sauce, chili paste, and sugar, and continue to cook until the chicken is done all the way through, another 3 to 4 minutes.
• Add the pepper and basil and cook until the basil is just wilted, about 2 minutes. Serve immediately.

>> No.12611814

Toscana Soup

4 cups chicken stock or broth
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper (or more, depending on your tastes)
1 medium russet potato, scrubbed
2-3 cups Kale, chopped
1/2 pound spicy Italian Sausage
1 tablespoon heavy cream (more or less)

Place stock in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add salt and pepper flakes, adjusting for your tastes. More pepper flakes if you prefer a spicier dish, fewer if you don't.

Cut the un-peeled potato in half, then into 1/4 inch slices and then cut those slices in half and add them to the soup.

Add the kale.

Brown the sausage. Drain and add the sausage to the soup.

Let the soup simmer until the potatoes are soft. Stir occasionally.

Add cream, stir and remove from heat.

Serve immediately topped with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.

>> No.12611817

Anon's Veggie Burger Mix:

Fresh Burger Mix
Makes: Six Patties
Ingredients
1 cup filtered water
1/2 cup uncooked hulled millet
1/2 cup uncooked pearl barley
3 tbsp. sunflower seeds
1 1/2 tbsp. chopped almonds
1 clove garlic, chopped
2 tbsp. chopped parsley
1/2 red onion, peeled and chopped
1/4 cup grated carrot
3/4 cup firm tofu, chopped
3 tbsp. grated beets
1 1/2 tbsp. tamari
2 tbsp. spelt flour
2 tbsp. Engevita (inactive) yeast
1/4 tsp. cayenne
1/4 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. curry powder
1 tsp. sea salt
1 tsp. cornstarch
3 tbsp. mixed herbs (link)!!!!!
2 tbsp. carrot juice or water (if needed)

Fresh Burger Mix
Method
1. Put the millet, barley and 1 cup of water in a small pot over high heat and stir. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and let cook until the water is absorbed. Put the grains in a large mixing bowl. Let cool.

2. While the grains are cooking, grind the seeds and nuts in a food processor. Add these to the ingredients in the mixing bowl.

3. In the same food processor, purée the garlic, parsley, onion and carrot. When they are chopped fine, add the tofu and process until smooth.

4. Put this mixture in the mixing bowl with the nuts, seeds and grains. Add the remaining ingredients—except the carrot juice—and mix thoroughly with a large spoon. Add the carrot juice or water if the mix is too dry for shaping into patties.

5. Divide and form into 6 patties.

6. Fry, broil or grill the burgers until slightly crisp and brown on both sides, about 5 minutes each side

>> No.12611823

Vietnamese-style quick pickled onion.

Thinly slice an onion.
Salt it.
Let it sit 10 minutes.
Add a tablespoon of vinegar.
Let sit 5 minutes.
Add water to wash off salt and vinegar.
Add more water to rinse.
Add more water to rinse again.
Dry completely on kitchen paper/paper towel.
Place onion in bowl.
Add vinegar to just cover and a little bit of sugar, to taste.
Let it sit 15-30 minutes.
Done.

>> No.12611827

Waffles

2 large eggs
1 3/4 cups buttermilk
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 3/4 cups Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
2 tablespoons sugar (leave this out if you want savory waffles, such as the type you'd use as a base for creamed chipped beef or creamed chicken)
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup pecan meal (optional)

In a medium-sized mixing bowl, beat together the eggs, buttermilk, melted butter or margarine and vanilla. In another bowl whisk together the dry ingredients. Combine the wet and dry ingredients just until almost smooth.

Spray your waffle iron with a non-stick cooking spray before preheating it. For an 8-inch round waffle iron, use about 1/3 cup batter. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until the iron stops steaming. Yield: about ten 8-inch waffles.

>> No.12611828

Baked Falafel Lady !2dLYL36LP. 03/08/10(Mon)10:10 No.1630911

2 cloves garlic, quartered
1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley or mint
2 cups chickpeas

1/2 cup plain coarse bread crumbs
1 to 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (such as red or green Tabasco)

Coarsely ground black pepper to taste
Olive oil for brushing

Place garlic, cilantro, parsley or mint, chickpeas, and bread crumbs in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse a few times to chop and blend ingredients.

Sprinkle 1 tablespoon lemon juice over chickpea mixture and pulse a few more times. Sprinkle baking powder, cumin, salt, Tabasco, and black pepper over mixture and pulse until the chickpea mixture reaches a workable paste-like consistency. Add an additional tablespoon of lemon juice if it seems very dry.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. While the oven is getting hot, line a baking pan with foil and brush with olive oil. Using a large tablespoon or #40 disher (ice cream scoop), scoop balls of dough into your palms and form them into patties. Set aside on work surface while you form the remaining mixture.

Arrange falafel patties on oiled baking sheet and brush them with olive oil. Bake at 400 degrees F for about 15 to 20 minutes, until the tops are golden brown and crispy. Turn once midway through baking.

Remove from oven and let falafel cool on pan for a minute or two before removing to plates or pitas with a spatula.

Serve in a whole-grain pita with leaf lettuce and plenty of Tzatziki Sauce.

>> No.12611833

Black Garlic Oil:

Ingredients:

1/4 cup sesame oil
5 cloves of garlic grated

Directions:

To make the black garlic oil, add the sesame oil into a small saucepan along with the grated garlic. Put the pan over medium low heat and let the garlic cook stirring occasionally until it is very dark brown. When the garlic is very dark, turn the heat down to low and let it cook until it is black. As soon as it hits black, turn off the heat and transfer the hot oil and garlic to a heatproof bowl. Let this mixture cool down completely. Add the cooled oil to a blender or food processor and blitz until there are no visible garlic particles left and the oil is uniformly black. It will taste burnt and slightly bitter, but this is okay as you only add a little bit to each bowl. Put it the oil in a container and refrigerate until you are ready to use it.

>> No.12611837

Bulgarian Eggs

Version 1:
soft boil two eggs in salted, vinegared water
meanwhile, mix thick plain yogurt with some bulgarian fresh cheese or bulgarian feta
crack the soft boiled eggs on top of the yogurt mixture, and spoon hot melted butter over it, then sprinkle with red pepper and chives

Version 2:
Same as version 1, except use thick cottage cheese instead of yogurt and feta.

>> No.12611840

Caldo Tlapeno:
Ingredients:

2 Cups Garbanzo beans
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil or Lard
4 Cloves Garlic, minced
1 Onion, Finely chopped
7-8 Cups chicken Stock
1/2 Chicken divided into parts or 1 whole bone-in chicken breast (tailbone and feet add nice flavor)
2 Corn Cobs, Shucked and cut into medium-sized pieces (or 2 cups canned corn if prefered)
2 Potatos, cubed
3-4 Carrots, peeled and diced
1 Sprig Epazote
2 Cups green beans, halved
2 Medium Zucchinis, sliced and halved
2-4 Chipotle chiles in adobo (depending on how spicy you like it), finely diced
1 1/2 Cups Tomato Puree
Salt to Taste
Pepper to Taste
1/2-1 Cup Cilantro
1 Avocado, pitted, peeled and diced
3 Lime, halved
1/2-1 Cup Panela Cheese, cubed, optional

Directions:

Soak garbanzo beans in 4-5 cups of water in the refrigerator overnight.

In a Heavy-bottomed pot set over medium heat, saute garlic and onion in the olive oil or lard until tender. Add chicken, and garbanzo beans. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer about 20 minutes.

Remove chicken and set aside to cool. Add the corn cob pieces (if using canned corn instead, wait to add it), potatos, carrots, and epazote to the soup and simmer 10 minutes.

Add green beans to soup and continue to simmer another 10 minutes. Meanwhile, remove chicken from the bones.

Add zucchini, chipotle chiles (including the adobo sauce), tomato puree, shredded chicken, and salt and pepper to taste. (add canned corn at this point if not using corn cobs.) Simmer another 10 minutes or so, making sure the vegetables are tender.

Serve soup hot with cilantro, avocado, limes, and cheese on the side to garnish to taste.

>> No.12611847

Cauliflower Macaroni and Cheese
Yield: 4 servings
Ingredients

1 small head
cauliflower
1 cup
2% milk
1/4 cup
cream cheese
1 1/2 cups
shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 cup
light sour cream
1/4 tsp
garlic powder
to taste
salt and pepper
3 TBS
melted butter
2/3 cup
Panko bread crumbs
1/2 cup
chopped fresh parsley
1/4 cup
fresh grated parmesan

Cooking Directions

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
Cut cauliflower into small macaroni sized pieces (florets and stems) and place in a casserole dish.
Roast cauliflower for 15-20 minutes, until the edges are golden and it is easily pierced with a fork.
While cauliflower is roasting, fill a saucepan with the milk, cream cheese and shredded cheddar. Heat on medium high.
Slowly whisk the cheese as it melts until sauce is well mixed. Add sour cream to thicken. Stir in garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste.
Remove roasted cauliflower from oven and pour cheese sauce over cauliflower. Mix evenly.
Combine melted butter, breadcrumbs, parsley and parmesan. Spread over the cauliflower.
Roast uncovered in the oven for 15-20 minutes, until crumbs are golden brown and cheese is bubbling.

>> No.12611852

Chewy Almond Cookies

3 3/4 cup slivered almonds
2 egg whites
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
1 tablespoon rose water

Process almonds in a food processor 9 minutes or until a paste forms, stopping to scrap down the sides. Beat egg whites at medium speed with an elelctric mixer until stiff peaks form. Combine almond paste, sugar and cardamom in a bowl, mixing with hands until blended. Add egg whites; knead by hand until smooth and doughlike consistency. Dip fingers into rose water and shape dough into 1-onch balls (about 1 tablespoon dough for each cookie). Slightly flatten with thumb, and pinch sides to form star and diamond shapes. Place shaped cookies on an aluminum foil lined baking sheet. Bake on the middle oven rack at 325 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes, or until bottoms are lightly browned. Remove cookies immediately to wire racks' cool.

>> No.12611859

Chicken Thighs with Pomegranate Molasses

I don’t know why it has taken me this long to learn to cook chicken thighs. Somehow, after eating this recipe, chicken breast just seems so bland now.
4 chicken thighs
4 tablespoons of olive oil
2 tablespoons of butter
1 large white onion, chopped
4 cloves of garlic
1/4 cup of cashews
1/4 cup of pistachios, raw and unsalted
zest of one lemon
juice of that lemon
4 tablespoons of pomegranate molasses
1 tablespoon of sugar
1/2 teaspooon of salt (or to taste)
1 1/2 cups of chicken stock

°Slowly heat two tablespoons of the olive oil, along with the butter, in a heavy saucepan or skillet. When the beautiful mixture has become hot liquid, add the chicken thighs. Brown them, quickly, just a minute or two on each side. Set them aside. Keep warm.
°Add the onion to the leftover oil and butter, and cook until soft. About two minutes in, add the garlic as well.
°When they are both soft and golden, throw in the nuts. Stir these continuously until they are golden, about five minutes. Don’t leave them for a moment. They’ll burn, easily.
° At this point, add the chicken stock, pomegranate molasses, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Bring this to a boil. Add the sugar. Heat. Add salt and pepper to taste.
°Bring the chickens back. Place them in this fragrant bath and simmer them, on medium-low heat, for about twenty minutes, or until they are tender.

>> No.12611865

Clam Chowder

INGREDIENTS:
* 3 (6.5 ounce) cans minced clams
* 1 cup minced onion
* 1 cup diced celery
* 2 cups cubed potatoes
* 1 cup diced carrots
* 3/4 cup butter
* 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
* 1 quart half-and-half cream
* 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
* 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
**ground black pepper to taste

DIRECTIONS:
1. Drain juice from clams into a large skillet over the onions, celery, potatoes and carrots. Add water to cover, and cook over medium heat until tender.
2. Meanwhile, in a large, heavy saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Whisk in flour until smooth. Whisk in cream and stir constantly until thick and smooth. Stir in vegetables and clam juice. Heat through, but do not boil.
3. Stir in clams just before serving. If they cook too much they get tough. When clams are heated through, stir in vinegar, and season with salt and pepper.

>> No.12611873

Coconut Sticky Rice with Mango:

Ingredients

* 2 cups glutinous (sticky) rice, soaked in cold water for at least one hour and drained
* 1 1/4 cups coconut milk, canned or freshly prepared
* A pinch of salt
* 2 Tblsp. of sugar
* 2 large ripe mangoes, peeled and sliced

Preparation

In a saucepan bring to a boil: rice, coconut milk, salt, sugar and 1 1/4 cup water. Stir. Lower heat and simmer, uncovered, about 8-10 minutes until all the liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat. Cover and let stand 5 minutes. Transfer rice to a steamer or double saucepan and steam 15-20 minutes over boiling water, until rice is cooked through. Mold the cooked rice into individual ramekins or small cups lined with plastic wrap. Cool to room temperature. At serving time unmold onto a plate and top with mango or even strawberries.

>> No.12611887

Asian Cucumber Salad

Ingredients:

1 cucumber peeled and thinly sliced

1 carrot, matchstick-julienned

1/4 cup of thinly sliced red onion

1/2 cup of rice vinegar

1/4 cup of sugar

1 tsp. of thai chili garlic sauce

pinch of salt

Directions:

In a microwavable small bowl (or coffee mug) add rice vingar, sugar, chili garlic sauce, and salt. Heat the bowl in the microwave for 45 seconds. Stir the vinaigrette until the sugar is completely dissolved. In a medium size bowl add the sliced cucumbers, carrots, and red onion. Pour vinaigrette over the cucumber mixture until well tossed. Cool in the refridgerator for 30 minutes before serving. Enjoy.

>> No.12611892

Carnitas

This isn't mine, but is almost identical to how my family does it, which we got from Ritos in AZ.

------I have to agree - lard is the way to go.

Here's what I do.

Pork Shoulder
Lard
Orange Peel
Salt

Cut the pork shoulder (as much big as you like) into very large chunks. In a big pot, melt enough lard to just cover the chunks. Add in the peel of one orange. Simmer the pork slowly in the lard for an 90 minutes. The pork should not brown during this time. If it starts to, turn down the heat. after 90 minutes, turn up the heat to medium high. Watch closely. When the pork has browned nicely, remove from the lard (will probably be around 15 minutes more) and set it on paper towells or newspaper or whatever. Give it a shake of salt. The pork will break up easily. You can either just break it up with your hands or chop it into large chunks.

foolproof and so amazingly good.
-----------

The main thing is you HAVE TO USE LARD. If you don't don't bother.

Also, if you at all can find lard that does NOT contain hydrogentated fats. The ones with this last longer but are MUCH worse for you.

>> No.12611894

Chocolate Cherry Stout Bread

4 1/4 cups flour divided
1 12oz bottle guinness or other stout ( I like a good oatmeal stout)
1 pkg dry yeast
1 tbl sugar
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup dried tart cherries (I've also used cherry/blueberry mixes and they've been great)
4 oz bittersweet choc broken or chopped up

1) Combine 2 cups flour, beer, and yeast in a bowl. Mix with a whisk. Cover and put in fridge overnight or 8 hrs. Remove in the morning and let stand 1 hr or till room temp.

2) Add 2 cups flour, 1 tbl sugar, and salt to mixture. Stir till soft dough. Turn out to counter and knead 8 mins add flour as needed to keep from sticking to your hands. Knead in cherries and chocolate.

3) Place dough in oiled bowl, cover, and let rise 1hr or till double. Punch down and and recover and sit 5 more mins. Shape as desired,cover and let rise 1 hour or untill doubles.

4) Preheat oven to 350

5) Brush with egg wash, oil, or water. Sprinke with sugar if desired. Cook 30 mins ir untill brown. Cool and nomnomnomnomnomnomnom

>> No.12611902
File: 8 KB, 450x300, I'mdone.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Ok, /ck/, that's going to have to be it for now. I have more, but they're in a different file, and I'm fucking tired. If this is still around tomorrow, I'll post more. Goodnight, hope you enjoyed!

>> No.12611919

Bumping for awesome anon, thanks bro.

>> No.12611928
File: 48 KB, 646x484, Double McFish (23).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.12611972

>>12611536
i miss the 2 am cook along threads, this place was so much more chill then.

>> No.12612039

>>12611972
Yeah, I miss it too.

>> No.12612111

>>12611536
Holy fuck, I remember that peach. I feel old now.

>> No.12612162

Absolutely based thread you cu/ck/s. Just moved away from home thank you for all the recipes. New to /ck/, besides the "why yes..." posts this is a really nice board

>> No.12612314
File: 47 KB, 103x136, 8B8A9930-8544-4BFD-A824-B512A5D524A1.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Thank you, OP! Your contributions are greatly appreciated.

>> No.12612322

>>12611928
oldfag is oldfag

>> No.12612712
File: 395 KB, 1600x909, 1497449469.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>ctrl F chili tuna
>0 results

>> No.12613109
File: 1.29 MB, 1690x1400, 4C9C5B31-1E3A-490F-8C8D-10DBB398FC76.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>12611536
Thanks for quality OP.

>> No.12613128

>>12611536
This is good stuff.
It makes up for the booru being so shit.

>> No.12613145
File: 1.97 MB, 4032x3024, 1541463144450.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>12611536
I'm still here. This board used to be helpful, let's let us bloomers give a hand up.
500 grams of minced beef (1lb)
500 grams of onion (1 lb) [roughly 2 cups]
50 grams of butter/margarine (half stick)
salt
pepper
3 spoons of flour
5dl bouillon (2 cups beef broth) (2 cubes + 2 cups water)

Kulor (Not sure this exists in other countries than here, but it's a food coloring that only makes the sauce brown. doesn't add flavor, so not really needed)

1. Chop the onions and fry them in the butter
2. Add meat and cook till brown
3. sprinkle the flour in the pan and stir well
4. add bouillon, salt and pepper and stir
5. Let it cook completely lidded, on low heat for 20 minutes
6. Add a few drops of the food coloring and season after taste.

Thats the basics of millionbof. Some people add different vegetables, ketchup and spices to add different flavors.

>> No.12613219
File: 809 KB, 654x900, 1557191572465.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Good thread. Old co/ck/s still being remembered. 10 years ago the most trolling this board got was the constant college ramen threads. It's amazing to see how far we've fallen.

>> No.12613232

>>12611784
I laughed at how the recipe got passed down.

>> No.12613241

>>12613219
>10 years ago the most trolling this board got was the constant college ramen threads.
we graduated; started careers.
Now we just eat out or, if your a suffering faggot, you meal prep.

>> No.12613267

>>12611536
Very nice, thanks anon

>> No.12613332

>>12611536
OP can you link your favs?

>> No.12613465

>>12613332
Why aren't you posting your recipes?

Zuppa Toscana:

1 lb Italian sausage
2 large russet baking potatoes, sliced in half, and then in 1/4 inch slices
1 large onion, chopped
1/4 cup bacon, cooked and crumbled
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 cups kale or 2 cups swiss chard, chopped
2 (8 ounce) cans/cups chicken broth
1 quart (4 cups) water
1 cup heavy whipping cream

Chop or slice uncooked sausage into small pieces.
Brown sausage in your soup pot and remove, set aside.
Saute onions in remaining sausage fat until soft.
Add chicken broth, water, potatoes and garlic to pot and stir.
Cook on medium heat until potatoes are done.
Add sausage, bacon and kale.
Simmer for another 10 minutes.
Turn to low heat.
Add cream.
Add salt and pepper to taste.
Heat through and serve.

Tips
-dice onions extremely fine and cook on low for a long time
-measure the potatoes
-follow the amounts on the recipe exactly (except for kale n' bacon)
-make sure potatoes are cooked through before adding the stuff
-put in breadsticks after the soup is done (turn off the burner)
taste for salt right after adding cream (leve only slightly undersalted)
-don't forget the parmesan

>> No.12613590

It's me, the OP. Glad you all are enjoying the old school throwback. I found some more anon recipes in another file, and I'll post them when I get home from work later.

>> No.12613605

>>12613590
Thanks man, we appreciate your work here

>> No.12613700

Here's one of my favs from bake-along anon:

~Chocolate/Blueberry Bread Pudding~

Ingredients
>1 1/4 cup whole milk
>1/4 cup cream
>235g dark chocolate
>1/2 cup sugar
>1/8 tea spoon slat
>1 tea spoon vanilla
>6 eggs
>butter
>1 baguette (1 or 2 day old. you don't want fresh bread)
>1 cup blueberries

1. Butter a souffle dish (this one fits about 1 1/2 quart). Cut the bread into small cubes and fill the dish (about 6 cups).
2. In a large pot, combine the milk, sugar and salt. Heat until simmering but avoid boiling.
3. In the mean time, whisk the eggs in a large heat resistant bowl. You want them slightly lighter.
4. Put the chocolate in the milk and remove from heat. Allow to stand for a minute.
5. Then whisk until smooth.
6. Gently, while whisking continually, pour the chocolate cream into the eggs.
7. Pour over the bread. Allow to soak for 1 hour. If all the custard doesn't "fit", leave it alone for about 20 minutes. The bread will soak it up and you will be able to pour more.
(This is why you don't want fresh bread, it doesn't soak up enough. And really, do give it at least 1 hour to soak up)

8. Turn the oven on to 325F. Put the souffle dish in a roasting pan and add boiling water to the roasting pan. Put the waterbath in the oven for 45-50 minutes. The edges should be set while the middle should be still liquidy.
9. Remove from the oven and allow to cool. The cooler it gets the more set the custard will be. The pieces on top and near the edges will be slightly crispy and everything else very soft and creamy.

Eating it warm however, allows you to use the custard like a decadent chocolate cause, spooning it all over your serving. I'll leave that difficult decision to you.

>>/ck/thread/S6136108

>> No.12614221

>>12613700
Man my girlfriend would love this. Thanks.

>> No.12614229

>>12614221
Fuck off, normalnigger

>> No.12615170

Bump

>> No.12615182

>>12611536
nice thread, do you have the recipe to have sex?

>> No.12615218
File: 26 KB, 680x447, 1514994166297.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

what an absolutely based thread. you've done gods work OP

>> No.12616421

Bumping for excellent content.

>> No.12616458

Big bump for good shit

>> No.12616493

It's me, OP! I'm back to post a few more I found. I probably have even more somewhere in some other file, but I don't know if I'll be able to find them in time. Ah well, I try. Anyway, glad you guys are enjoying the thread, here's a few more of rando ancient Anon recipes!

>> No.12616498

Baked eggplant fries.

Cut into matchstick pieces (like fries), fairly thick. Dip in beaten egg whites, then dredge through crushed cornflakes or flour that's been seasoned with italian seasoning, parmesan (if you'd like), salt/pepper, a dash of cajun seasoning and garlic powder (or, throw in a whole clove of garlic when crushing your cornflakes in a food processor).

Place on baking sheet. Bake at 375 or broil until desired crispiness (about 3-5 minutes on each side for broiler).

>> No.12616504

Easy Pickled Okra in the Fridge

make a pickling liquid. kosher salt, sugar, coriander, white pepper, bay leaves, a little ginger, jalapenos, and equal parts water and cider vinegar. bring to boil, pour over the okra and put in refrigerator. let it sit overnight. amazing.

>> No.12616508

>>12611536
OP, do you any pics of JewGirl?
those pics

>> No.12616509

Eggplant Caponata

1 medium globe eggplant peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
1 Tbs kosher salt (less if you’re using table salt)
1 red bell bell pepper seeds quartered, seeds removed
1/4 C olive oil
1 small onion chopped
1 tsp fresh thyme
3 Tbs balsamic vinegar
2 Tbs drained capers
1 clove garlic minced
1/4 C leaf parsley, stems removed and chopped

Put the eggplant in a colander and sprinkle with 1 Tbs kosher salt. Toss to coat and leave it over a bowl for an hour.

Grill or broil the bell pepper until the skin is charred then wrap in foil until cool. Trapping the steam like this makes it much easier to remove the skins. When they are cool, peel the pepper and remove any excessively charred bits. Slice into thin short strips.

When the eggplant is done salting, rinse in a bowl of cold water to remove excess salt. Squeeze the eggplant with your hands to wring out as much moisture as you can.

Heat the olive oil over medium heat and saute the onions until until they are translucent and just start turning brown around the edges. Add the eggplant, bell peppers and thyme. Salt and pepper to taste stirring until the eggplant is very soft and starts to loose its shape.

Add the balsamic vinegar and capers and stir until there is no liquid left. Take off the heat and add the garlic and parsley. You can serve this immediately with some crusty bread, but it tastes even better the next day.

>> No.12616513

>>12616508
No, sorry. I rarely saved images unless they were of personal interest to me or really funny.

>> No.12616515

Flor de Jamaica (Hibiscus Iced Tea)

To make the TEA:

Ingredients:

1. 1/2 Cup Dried Flower of Jamaica
2. 4 Cups water
3. 1/3 Cup Sugar (more or less)
4. Lime & Fresh Mint (Optional)

Preparation:

Soak the dried flowers in the water for about 2 hours. (OR boil 2 cups of water, steep the flowers in the water for about 20 minutes. Strain the flowers out & add the other 2 cups of water to the colored water)

Strain out the flowers. Add sugar to the water.

Chill & serve it over Ice.

Garnish with Lime ( or squeeze a few drops of lime juice if you want to more tangy) & mint.

Alternatively :

Ingredients

* 2 quarts water, divided
* 2 ounces dried hibiscus flowers (jamaica)
* 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
* Sliced oranges, lemons and/or limes for garnish

Preparation
Bring 1 quart water to a boil. Add hibiscus and sugar, stirring until sugar has dissolved. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
Remove from heat. Add remaining quart of water. Strain into a pitcher and chill.
To serve, pour into a glass filled with ice and garnish with citrus slices.

>> No.12616521

Fingerling potatoes. Pack them in kosher salt so they're completely covered. Don't spare the salt. Go thick. Bake that shit at 400 for an hour. Salt will harden into a crust. Crack them out and enjoy. Those shits will be rich and creamy like butter and a very good pairing with lamb.

>> No.12616522

>>12616513
not even qt3.141 tripfags?

>> No.12616525

Korean pancakes.

2 cups flour
1 beaten egg
250 ml water
dash salt

Mix batter and stir in however much kimchi you want with julienned onions, carrots, greens, potatoes and stuff. Heat up some oil and spread 'em out thin and fry till nice and crispy.

Dip those bitches in a mix of about 2 tbs sugar, tablespoon vinegar, little sweet chili sauce , some green onions. Fucking ace.

>> No.12616532

what do you eat when you're sick?

Hint: The in(flu)enza virus will first attach itself to the mucous membranes of the nose, or the lungs. Usually the virus was inhaled following spray, or dust deposit. A stuffy nose means the virus was inhaled, a sore throat means it was swallowed, and a cough means it was yawned in.
After the virus attaches itself to either the nose, throat, or lungs, it will begin reproducing. That single blocked nostril? That's the virus reproducing.
After about three days, the virus will unleash its minions through your body, infecting the whole thing. Then you start to cough, get a fever, etc.
Clearing out the virus requires changing the mucus. Real chicken soup, made from boiling a chicken, then the skin, bones, marrow, etc. contains a lot of collagen. The stuff mucus is made of. You can also synthesize the collagen, which requires vitamin C.
Therefore, chicken soup and vitamin c.
If you yawned in the virus, and it's reproducing in the lungs, you can try alcohol. The alcohol will evaporate through the lungs, and might help to counter the virus.
So yah, for a cold... I say the best food would be pho. Rich thick broth, with lime juice, and sriracha will help clear you out.

While i was living in Japan, we used this to cure just about everything :
2-3 stalks ginger - fresh - chopped rough and skin on
2-3 lemons - cut in quarters rind on
1 orange - quartered rind on

Fill a medium pot half full with water, add ginger, squeeze in lemons and orange, then drop fruit in the pot. Simmer ~ 20 min over med heat. Add honey to taste, drink.

>> Anonymous 10/03/09(Sat)02:37 No.1249786
wtf why has no one mentioned the kickass powers of garlic??? Garlic is the shit for immunity. Add it to soups.
Cut the top off an entire bulb of garlic dowse with olive oil,wrap in foil and put it in the oven for 40 min. You've got a delicious spread to put on toast or whatever.
Also broth. Helps clear out the mucus

>> No.12616536

Summer Rolls

4 Vietnamese rice spring/summer roll wrappers (they are different than the soft won ton wrappers, but can be found in the Asian section of many markets)
1 C cooked rice vermicelli noodles
1/3 C julienned carrots
1/3 C julienned snap peas
1/3 C julienned red or yellow bell pepper
1/3 C julienned scallions
handful of baby lettuce
handful chopped cilantro and mint

Soak one wrap in hot water. (I put some very hot water in a skillet that is a bit larger than the wrap then place the wrap into the water, pressing down with my fingers so the edges don't curl.) When the wrap becomes soft and yielding, after about 10 seconds or so, carefully lay it out on a clean dish towel. On the bottom third of the wrap, layer some lettuce, some rice noodles and a bit of each veggie, and top with cilantro and mint. Take care to not put too much or it will be difficult to roll. Fold in the outer edges over the middle, then roll from the edge closest you up to the top. It is not too much more challenging than rolling a burrito (or a sandwich in parchment paper) and much the same method. If your first one turns out lumpy, don't worry, it gets much easier with practice. It will still taste delicious. Place your roll onto a plate and do it again with each remaining wrap.

Dipping Sauce

Place 1 T hoisin sauce and 1 T chunky peanut butter in a small bowl and mash together with a fork. Stir in 1/4 C seasoned rice vinegar and 1 t chili garlic paste. If necessary, add a tablespoon or so of water to loosen to your desired consistency.

>> No.12616540

Strawberry Shortcake Jellyroll

Strawberry Shortcake Jelly Roll
4 cups sliced strawberries (about 1 1/2 pounds)
3/4 cup granulated sugar, divided
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
5 egg whites
3 egg yolks
2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons powdered sugar
1 (10-ounce) jar strawberry jam
1/2 cup whipping cream
Orange rind strips (optional)
Mint sprigs (optional)

1. Combine strawberries and1/4 cup granulated sugar in a medium bowl. Cover and chill, stirring occasionally.
2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
3. Coat a 15 x 10-inch jelly-roll pan with cooking spray, and line bottom of pan with wax paper. Coat wax paper with cooking spray.
4. Lightly spoon flour into dry-measuring cups, level with a knife. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt, stirring with a whisk. Set aside.
5. Place remaining 1/2 cup granulated sugar, egg whites, and egg yolks in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at high speed until pale and fluffy (about 5 minutes). Stir in lemon rind and vanilla. Sift half of flour mixture over egg mixture, fold in. Repeat procedure with remaining flour mixture. Spoon batter into prepared pan; spread evenly.
6. Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes or until cake springs back when touched lightly in center. Loosen cake from sides of pan; turn out onto a dish towel dusted with powdered sugar. Carefully peel off wax paper; cool cake 2 minutes. Starting at narrow end, roll up cake and towel together. Place, seam side down, on a wire rack; cool completely (about 1 hour). Unroll carefully; remove towel. Spread jam over cake, leaving a 1/2-inch border around edges. Reroll cake; place, seam side down, on a platter. Cut into 8 slices.
7. Beat cream with a mixer at high speed until soft peaks form. Serve strawberries and whipped cream with cake. Garnish with orange rind and mint sprigs, if desired.
Yield: 8 servings (Serving size: 1 cake slice, about 1/2 cup of berries, and about 2 tablespoons of whipped cream).

>> No.12616550

Spicy Cold Noodles Dish.

Ingrediants:

24oz of Angel Hair Pasta.
12 Tablespoons of seasoned rice wine vinegar.
9 tablespoons of soy sauce.
2 tablespoons of honey.
1 tablespoon of a chinese oil (she uses peanut oil but has been known to substitute with olive oil).
Sriracha sauce to taste (she uses about two teaspons, I use a tablespoon to a tablespoon and a half, all depends on spice tollerance.)

Preparing:

Hard boil water, add noodles, stir them around a bit so they do not stick. In a bowl, mix together these ingrediants while the water is hard boiling (best to do it like this the first time as she is not sure on the time it takes to boil, noodles should not be completely cooked when done). Drain the noodles and rinse them with cold water until cool, add to the sauce. Insert in fridge with a lid ontop of the bowl. Every half hour for two hours, flip the bowl so the sauce evenly is distributed to the bowl. Once the sauce has pretty much been soaked up by the noodles, enjoy.

>> No.12616554

This is for 3 or 4 people it says on the box.

300g of noodles (Best translation I got)
Oil or butter
1 clove of pressed garlic
1 red pepper, deseeded an cubed
4 spring onions cut in 2 CM pieces (about 2/3d inch)
250 grams of shrimp (Not sure how that translates to US weight terms)
3 table spoons of soy sauce (I think it's soy sauce at least)
And a spice mix (I'm readin the recipie off the spice mix package so I'm not able to help you find this unless you're dutch, in which case it's Honig Mix voor Roerbakmie) However it's VERY unlikely that you're dutch. So basically find any spice mix that's close to this.

Step 1: Cook the noodles according to instructions on the box/packet
Step 2: Heat some butter or oil in a wok and fry the pepper, spring onions and garlic. When those look nearly done add in the shrimp.
Step 3: Add three table spoons of soy sauce and add the spice mix (follow instructions on packet)
Step 4: add the noodles and stir fry everything for about 2 minutes on a high heat.

Also my own tip, make some chicken satay for some more meat.

This can also last you a few days, or feed your roomate and you for two days.

>> No.12616559

Sausage

* 2 pounds pork butt (2 1/2 pounds with bone), diced into 1/4-inch pieces
* 1/2 pound fat back, diced into 1/4-inch pieces
* 2 teaspoons kosher salt
* 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
* 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh sage leaves
* 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh thyme leaves
* 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
* 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
* 1/2 teaspoon fresh grated nutmeg
* 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
* 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
* Special equipment: meat grinder

Directions

Combine diced pork with all other ingredients and chill for 1 hour. Using the fine blade of a grinder, grind the pork. Form into 1-inch rounds. Refrigerate and use within 1 week or freeze for up to 3 months. For immediate use, saute patties over medium-low heat in a non-stick pan. Saute until brown and cooked through, approximately 10 to 15 minutes.

>> No.12616561

Raw Food Cookie Balls:

Cookie Balls

3/4 cup pecans, cashews or hazelnuts (or mix all three)
1/4 cup carob chips
1 Tbsp Agave Nectar(or honey if you don't know wtf agave is)
Dried cranberries if you want

Grind the nuts and carob chips in a coffee grinder.
Mix in agave nectar (and cranberries) with everything else in a small bowl until the mix will hold together when you press it.
Form into balls and make sure they don't touch. EAT.
(store in fridge for later eating)

>> No.12616568

Pan Fried Tofu:

-First off, take that package of tofu and freeze it overnight. This creates ice crystals that create more space in the tofu, allowing even more flavor from the marinade I'm about to give you to get into the tofu. It also improves the texture.
-Thaw the block and take a knife and cut it in half width-wise.
-Take a tea towel or a bunch of paper towels, wrap the tofu, and press on it with a flat pan. Try not to the pan back and forth, as that tends to make them crumble. This takes moisture out of them, allowing the marinade to be more concentrated in the tofu. It also improves the texture, like freezing does.
-Soak it in marinate for at least an hour in the fridge.
* 1/2 onion, diced
* 1/2 cup soy sauce
* 1/4 cup rice wine (or sherry)
* 1 clove garlic, crushed
* 1/2 tbsp fresh ginger, grated or crushed
* 1 tsp brown sugar

Take the tofu out, remove excess marinade (save it!!) and slice them into 2-3 inch pieces of whatever shape you want (I go with 3/4 inch thick triangles usually).
-Heat up some oil in a large wok, and sautee your tofu quickly on high heat in one layer. You want both sides to be browned. Remove the tofu.

Sautee up some veggies, anything you like. You can use onions, water chestnuts, carrots, broccoli, cabbage (including bok choy), sprouts, bell peppers; seriously, anything. Have them all cut up around the same size. Carrots are quite dense, so they take longer to cook; try to make them a bit smaller than the others.

When the vegetables are still a little raw (taste them!), add the tofu marinade you saved, as well as the tofu, then cook a bit longer until the vegetables are done. You wouldn't want to use the marinade like this if using meat because of bacterial contamination issues. Season with salt and pepper.

Done!

>> No.12616574

i make the best pancakes ever! seriously, first i take a pack or box, of lemon poppy seed muffin mix, then i follow the normal instructions, but i add another half cup of all purpose flour, then you treat the mix like pancake batter, and griddle to perfection. Instead of using maple syrup on these i make a strawberry coulis, you just puree some fresh strawberry's and a tad bit of lemon juice to prevent discoloration, some honey and some granulated sugar to it, an if you would like to thicken this mixture a bit, remove the coulis from the food processor and transfer to a sauce pan and add a little bit of a slurry(corn starch water mixture) to it, this shit is so cash!

>> No.12616580

Fudgy Mocha-Toffee Brownies

2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
1/4 cup hot water
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/3 cups sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1/4 cup toffee chips

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Coat bottom of a 9-inch square baking pan with cooking spray.
3. Combine coffee and hot water, stirring until coffee dissolves.
4. Combine butter and chocolate chips in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH 1 minute or until butter melts; stir until chocolate is smooth.
5. Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Combine coffee mixture, butter mixture, vanilla, and eggs in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add coffee mixture to flour mixture; stir until just combined. Spread evenly into prepared pan. Sprinkle evenly with toffee chips. Bake at 350 degrees for 22 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.

>> No.12616604

Auntie Anne's Pretzels
Notes:
: The longer and thinner you can make the dough rope, the more
like Auntie Anne's they will be.

Ingredients:
1 1/2 C. warm water
1 1/8 tsp active dry yeast (1 1/2 pkg.)
2 Tbsp brown sugar
1 1/8 tsp salt
1 C. bread flour
3 C. regular flour
2 C. warm water
2 Tbsp baking soda
To taste, coarse salt
2 - 4 Tbsp butter (melted)

Preparation:
Sprinkle yeast on lukewarm water in mixing bowl; stir to dissolve. Add sugar, salt and stir to dissolve; add flour and knead dough until smooth and elastic. Let rise at least 1/2 hour. While dough is rising, prepare a baking soda water bath with 2 cups warm water and 2 tbsp baking soda. Be certain to stir often. After dough has risen, pinch off bits of dough and roll into a long rope (about 1/2 inch or less thick) and shape. Dip pretzel in soda solution and place on greased baking sheet. Allow pretzels to rise again. Bake in oven at 450 for about 10 minutes or until golden. Brush with melted butter and enjoy! Toppings: After you brush with butter try sprinkling with coarse salt. Or for Auntie Anne's famous Cinnamon Sugar, try melting a stick of butter in a shallow bowl (big enough to fit the entire pretzel) and in another shallow bowl make a mixture of cinnamon and sugar. Dip the pretzel into the butter, coating both sides generously. Then dip again into the cinnamon mixture. Enjoy!

>> No.12616610

Arkansas Freezer Bag Pickles

7 cups sliced cucumbers
3 medium onion -- sliced
2 cups sugar
1 cup vinegar
1 tablespoon salt
1/2 teaspoon celery salt

Put the ingredients all together, mix well, put in freezer bags and freeze.
Simple.

>> No.12616621

Basil Mashed Potatoes

Ingredients:
2 lbs. yukon gold potatoes, peeled and quartered
2 garlic cloves
2 tsp. kosher salt
8 basil leaves, chopped
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1/4 cup cream, room temperature
1/2 tsp. fresh ground pepper

Place the potatoes and garlic in a small stock pot and cover with
water. Add 1 teaspoon of the salt. Bring to a boil over high heat.
Cook until tender when pierced with a fork, about 25 minutes. Drain
in a colander.
Place the basil in the bowl of a food processor and process until
finely chopped. Gradually add the olive oil with the motor running.
Set aside.
Mash the potatoes and garlic using a potato ricer or food mill.
Transfer to a large bowl and add the cream, basil-oil mixture, the
remaining 1 teaspoon salt, and pepper. Mix well.

>> No.12616626

Beer Cheese Bread

2 tablespoons sugar
1 package active dry yeast
1/2 cup warm beer -- 105-115 deg
2 1/2 cups bread flour
1 cup sharp cheddar cheese -- shredded
--or use extra sharp cheddar
1/3 cup nonfat dry milk powder -- instant
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
1 large egg -- beaten
1 large egg white -- slightly beaten
1 teaspoon sesame seeds -- toasted

Dissolve sugar and yeast in warm beer in a large bowl. Let stand for 5
minutes. Stir in 2 1/4 cups flour and next 6 ingredients to form a soft
dough. Knead about 8 minutes, adding additional flour as necessary.
Divide dough in half and shape each portion into a 6 inch round loaf.
Place loaves 4 inches apart on a large baking sheet coated with cooking
spray. Brush tops with egg white and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Make
1/8-inch deep cuts in a lattice design across tops of loaves. Cover and
let rise until doubled in size, about 1 hour and
15 minutes. Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes or until loaves sound
hollow when tapped. Cool on a wire rack NOTE from me: I am not sure the
cooking time is correct; it
seems too short.

>> No.12616633

REUBEN POTATO CASSEROLE

6 large potatoes
6 to 10 slices bacon
1 medium to large onion, chopped
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
2 lb. package sauerkraut, strained, rinsed and squeezed
1 (8 oz.) creamy Russian dressing (I like Marie's)
3/4 cup Mayonnaise
4 to 6 slices sandwich size Swiss cheese

Cook potatoes in boiling, salted water, just until tender. Drain, peel and cut
into 1/4" thick slices. Fry bacon until crisp. Drain on paper toweling and
crumble. Sauté onion in bacon drippings - just until tender - about three
minutes. Combine potatoes, salt, pepper and Russian dressing. Layer half of
this mixture in a shallow (6 cup) baking dish (7"x l 1 "). Next combine
sauerkraut and onions (with drippings). Place half this mixture over potatoes.
Top with one-half the crumbled bacon. Repeat layers and place cheese slices on
top. (Either whole slices or in lattice pattern). Bake at 350°, until heated
through (20 to 25 minutes). If you refrigerate before cooking, cover with
tinfoil and bake about one hour - placing cheese on top for last 5 to 10
minutes (just until cheese melts).

>> No.12616644

Carne Guisada con Papas (Meat & Potatoes)

2 lbs. beef (cut is your choice), cut into bite-size pieces
2 tblespoons oil
Salt
Pepper
Adobo seasoning (optional, but nice if you have it)
1 Large onion, chopped
3 or 4 Garlic cloves, minced or put through a garlic press
3 Large baking potatoes, peeled (or unpeeled) and cubed
8 oz. Tomato sauce
3 Cups Beef stock or beef bouillon
1/2 Cup Red wine
1/2 Cup Water
2 to 4 Jalapeños, seeded and finely chopped
1 teaspoon Chili powder
1/2 teaspoon Ground cumin

Directions:
Over medium-high heat, brown steak pieces in oil in heavy skillet or
Dutch oven. (Really brown the meat -- not just let it turn gray). Add
the onion and garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until onion is
transparent.
Add the potatoes, tomato sauce, salt, pepper, Adobo, stock, wine and
water, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered,
for 1 hour.
Stir in the jalapeños, chili powder and cumin, and continue simmering,
uncovered, for 1 hour until beef is tender.

>> No.12616649
File: 416 KB, 2015x2560, don'tmesswithsyphilis.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Ok, well, that's it for me. I don't know if there's anymore or not, I might have some more, but I don't know that I'll have time to actually look through files. Anyway, it's been fun, there were some there that I'd forgotten about and now I'm going to make them, so it was a good thing for me, too!

>> No.12616667

>>12611536
Dang OP, you're making me want to pull out my old /ck/ folder and go to town cataloguing all the old recipes. I need to publish this collection of old shoe box recipe clippings I have too.

>> No.12617483

>>12616667
Bump

>> No.12618171

I don't really have recipes, but this is my wife's grandmother's sugar cookies. These are great and a real hit around the holidays. I've yet to find sugar cookies this good.

Grandma Carla's Sugar Cookies:

2C + 3 Tablespoons flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
6 Tablespoons butter
1/3 C shortening (can use butter if no shortening, we often do this)
3/4 C white sugar
1 egg
1 Tablespoon milk
1 teaspoon vanilla

Roll in balls and squish with a fork like you would with peanut butter cookies. Sprinkle with that large colored sugar, or sprinkles. Ours are usually red and green sugar for Christmas.

bake at 375° F for 8-10 min.

So here's a tip, we had the best luck with these with one of those old school thin assed baking sheets. That's what grandma uses, it's blackened from decades of use. This allows the bottom to get a little maillard reaction (browning) going on. If you use a thin sheet, go towards the 8 min mark, if you use other sheets 10 min or so.

>> No.12618530

>>12611611
It’s ‘Char Siu’ and you really should use pork fillet.
Your local Asian supermarket might also sell the annatto powder to give it its characteristic red colour.

>> No.12618727

>>12618530
belly or shoulder works best

>> No.12618746

Thank you based greybeard OP, saved a bunch of these..

>> No.12620212

This thread deserves one more bump for greatness.