[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 202 KB, 469x480, irony.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
13404377 No.13404377 [Reply] [Original]

Please christ in hell no beans.

Tired of frozen pizza and spagetti os, I need to lower my sodium intake or I'm going to die.

Nervous about cooking meats bc diseases, live by myself so it really doesnt save me much money if I fuck it up once it's a huge dent in my pocket. I'd rather start w tofu or something.

Lets talk meal prep style rice and egg recipes please. Sanks

>> No.13404380

>>13404377
Why can’t you consume sodium?

>> No.13404398

>>13404380
go eat 50 ramen noodle packs in 3 days and then come back with that bullshit loaded question.

>> No.13404404

>>13404377
Laziest, cheapest meals I can think of?

Stuff like a bowl of frozen vegetables filled halfway with water in microwave, nuke for 3 minutes. Repeat with oatmeal or rice or pasta, whatever's cheapest. Pour out broth, keep actual shit in place with a fork or spoon or plate or your hand fuck you.

If you have a pan and you're not too lazy to fry something up, just throw some diced luncheon or devon or mystery processed meat or whatever it's called where you are. Store-brand spam. Safe to eat as-is, so you won't kill yourself. Fry egg however you like. If you can't be fucked to fry anything, just crack an egg in the pasta, it'll be fine.

Mix it together and salt to taste. Or don't since you'll die. Pepper to taste. Takes 3 and a half minutes, and 3 of that is waiting for the microwave.

>> No.13404407

>>13404377
>sodium restrictions
Live life to the fullest.

>> No.13404422

>>13404404
>just use ur hand fuck u
Golden. Someone told me to take package rice like pic related, and fucking mix an egg w it while its cooking right before the water vaps off. Does that work? That can't fucking work that's crazy.

>>13404407
Alright shitfuck can I just live on beef jerky? Because I will absolutely do that I just don't want 2 pushups to give me a fucking heart attack.

>> No.13404430
File: 41 KB, 474x474, picrelated.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>13404422
>>13404404
sorry forgot picrelated.jpg

>> No.13404453

>>13404422
>Does that work?
Yeah, it'll work a treat, don't worry. Scrambling an egg into a hot-ish dish is common. They cook very quickly, you see.

>> No.13404461

>>13404453
I just tried mixing a hard boiled egg in some leftover pack rice. It was .... eh I guess for 10c thats a source of protein I cant afford to bitch about

>> No.13404488
File: 60 KB, 450x450, hormel_mary_kitchen_corn_beef_hash.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>13404377
Cook this in bacon grease and you're good to go.

>> No.13404504

Caul. Sear lamb, beef or pork in butter, add it to a stew with potato and carrot for 3-4 hours. In the last 20 mins add leeks. Add salt & pepper and eat the broth/stew with cheese toast.

Maybe use thyme or oregano but not too many herbs.

>> No.13404512

>>13404488
I can't tell if you're being serious or not. Is that real food? Is canned cut beef corners? Cook it in grease? Yes I am this stupid I apologize

>>13404504
add it to a stew means soak it in hot water for a long time right?

>> No.13404518

>>13404504
You can also add onions, turnip, parsnips or swedes (rutabega) but the latter is hard to get in some countries. Stews in general are lazy, cheap, and retain a lot of nutrients.

>> No.13404530

>>13404518
None of that is an issue. I can easily piss some herbs on whatever dog food I have. I just need to figure out the mechanics of turning dangerous raw meat into edible steak. Eh?

>> No.13404531

>>13404512
>add it to a stew means soak it in hot water for a long time right?
Yes. Don't heat it up so it boils with big bubbles. Just let it simmer on a low heat with a lid and a little gap to let out steam. Stir every 3 mins in a pot so it doesn't burn the stuff on the bottom.

You don't have to sear meats in a frypan before stewing, but it imparts a more complex flavour if you cook the outside on a high heat for like 1min. I use butter or lard (twiddles fingers) but you can use any cheap oil in small amounts.

>> No.13404534

>>13404377
Soup. Just throw whatever veg and seasoning you want in a pot full of water/stock, boil and then blitz.

>> No.13404538

>>13404531
*Every 30 mins
Not 3 mins

>> No.13404549

>>13404531
>>13404534
Ok, thank you for your patience seriously, I've always been afraid of using meat bc bacteria, I fucking love boneless chicken. What chicken do I buy from groc store that I can just throw in water like that? Thank you thank you

>> No.13404551

Assuming this isn't a LARP.

If you're so anxious about cooking meat, get a thermometer and cook by temp? Or, yanno, read and follow a recipe.

You DO know how to read a thermometer, don't you?

>> No.13404553

>>13404531
>>13404530
Oh! I almost forgot, always use bones for soups/stews, not fillets. It improves the taste. You can get cheap off-cuts of meat or gravy berf cheap from the butchers. Stews are good for cuts like lamb neck that aren't super high quality normally.

>> No.13404560

>>13404549
Don't use boneless chicken for soup. Use chicken with bones and light vegetables like celery and onion, add cream.

>> No.13404574

>>13404551
meat thermometer 20$ i don't really have as penis-tip money right now. That 20$ needs to be at least 4 meals right now, could just take it to subway but don't want to be a child. Thanks
>>13404560
>>13404553
ok but obviously the bones come out at some point, removal after cooking?

>> No.13404617

>>13404574
Instead of berating you for your lack of ability to Google search "WalMart" and "Meat Thermometer" thus finding the $3.99 cooking thermometer...

I made this the other day. Turned out to be very filling. I served it over old ciabatta bread. Carrot, onion, garlic fried in oil, add in sweet potato and cubed butternut squash, add full can of garbanzo beans (no drain), top with cumin, chili powder, paprika for spices. Cover until sweet potato softens. Serve hot.

>> No.13404623

>>13404617
Oh ok, whatever, it's still not a necessity. That recipe sounds like a lot of work for a little reward holy fuck I'll just put some cold cuts on the ciabatta, why all that rabbit food nonsense

>> No.13404658

>>13404623
>Lower sodium
>Cold cuts

Pick one.

If you can prepare eggs and rice and put other shit in with them, you can do this. It's literally meal prep as specified in OP...

>> No.13404659

What's your background op? I don't mean to be rude but I'm curious as to what your living situation is and how you got there.

I read some posts in which you apologized for being stupid so I'm genuinely curious

>> No.13404677

>>13404398
If you eat non-processed foods then sodium isn't an issue. Salt makes things taste good, but shitty pre-packaged foods like ramen rely on ridiculous amounts of sodium to be bearable. Have you tried making any pasta dishes from semolina pasta and homemade sauce? Some pasta dishes like aglio e olio are just garlic sautéd in oil and the pasta mixed in with salt to taste. In many places out of season tomatoes don't make great tomato sauce, so it's not unusual to buy whole stewed tomatoes or crushed tomatoes and making a simple tomato sauce from them. Buy ones than have little to no sodium added and salt to taste rather than premade tomato sauce that tastes like shit and adds a lot of sodium to be edible.

>> No.13404697

>>13404677
I've never been a fan of pasta. Even pizza has become 'eh' as an adult. The acidity of tomato hurts a lot. I can do small amounts of sriracha but like don't make me eat lasagna without milk on hand. A doctor once diagnosed me with GERD haha, I think it was just the habeneros I was mixing in w my breakfast scrambles

>> No.13404701

>>13404422
The lazier and cheaper the food, the less satisfying it will be. Have you ever tried Uncle Ben's converted rice? It's brown/whole rice that's been parboiled before being dried and packaged. When you cook it, it's hard to fuck up like brown rice, but has a taste and texture that people who prefer white rice can enjoy. It's more filling, you eat less of it, it tastes good, it doesn't get mushy, and it's not expensive. Rice pilaf is a great dish to make from converted rice. Sweat some onions in oil, add garlic just until fragrant (30-60 seconds), toss the rice in it to coat the rice, then pour in some chicken stock, bay leaf, black pepper, and salt (if needed) at bare minimum. Cover the pot with foil and bake for something like 20-30 minutes. In culinary school they taught us to cover the pot with plastic wrap under the tinfoil to keep it moist. At 350ºF the plastic won't melt and get fucked up amazingly. Most of making it is waiting. While you wait you can pan sear some protein like chicken or fish to go with it using whatever seasoning and spice you want. When you are first starting out, stick to salt, pepper, and fat (olive oil, butter, canola oil, or whatever you have) when cooking things, and you will be amazed with the results.

>> No.13404712

>>13404701
Pretty sure OP is LARPing, as there is a duplicate thread with same shit.

I'd be interested in some culinary school basics you learned and would be willing to share?

>> No.13404716

>>13404701
Ugh price is absolutely not the proportion. Beef jerky expensive but that salt content will fuck u.

pro tip I dont give a fuck what herbs youre using w what veggies etc blahblahblah that's not what this is

ive asked simple questions w simple answers. thanks.

>> No.13404719

>>13404712
I miss the internet before attention whores

>> No.13404721

>>13404712
hahaha yeah buzzword insult- nigger i'm hungry and broke, piss out of here w that shit :D

ugh just pick leaves off a flowering female cannabis plant and drape them over everything you eat. Bam you're gordon fucking ramsey.
>>13404719
what the fuck alternate dimension did you grow up in hahaha

>> No.13404723

>>13404697
Personally, I used to enjoy very spicy foods but am not adjusted to them anymore to the point where red pepper flakes are a bit much sometimes. At home, you have the liberty of adjusting things to how you like them, so you can balance out the acidity of tomato sauce with some (read:some) honey. It sounds like your overall diet is not very good right now, and you want to start making better foods. You should find that if you start making everything at home that many digestive issues will alleviate as anything made anywhere else, especially for cheap, are corner cutting shitty foods that will leave you feeling unwell. I used to take Tums constantly until, strangely enough, I tried keto for weight loss. I think it worked like a sort of elimination diet and got me to make every single thing at home. When I was done with the weight loss, I went back to eating a normal macro proportion but continued to make everything at home with care. I don't get digestive distress like that now.

>> No.13404726

>>13404721
nonwhites are so disgusting

>> No.13404727

LESSONS SO FAR:
cheap foo gon tase bad
spensiv food bes cuz it cost $$$ big dik inchs
haha jus cook it supid
soim gud fur u duh it hol all favors
>>13404723
whew u guys like to say a lot of nothing.

>> No.13404757

>>13404712
I did a basics, grains, sauces, and stocks course. I hope to continue more classes but am moving, so I will have to figure out how willing I am to drive to legitimate classes. Since it was so basic, some of the bigger things were about proper equipment an mise en place. As far as cooking goes, we were walked through the basics of making stock, broth, consommé, mother sauces, marinara, (semolina) pasta (for stuffed ravioli) and (potato) gnocchi (for sautéing in brown butter and sage). We learned rice pilaf basics with all the information we needed to make any grain pilaf (pilaf is a cooking technique, not a dish per se). We also learned how to blanch and shock vegetables such as broccoli and green beans to their peak greenness to set aside for service when it was time to sauté them. Seasoning was always minimal but good. You don't need to douse foods in dozens of spices. Salt and pepper are expected and a few things other than that can be added for basic, not highly complex dishes. Sometimes basic is great. I recommend learning to take a meat or fish cut to pan sear with salt and pepper, a greed like broccoli to steam or blanch and shock then light sauté with salt and pepper plus a simple grain or tuber to cook up with typical seasoning. After trying the bare basics, you can start to experiment with other things like adding in thyme or parsley or many spices to choose from. Simple fresh ingredients can shine through the most basic seasoning and you can make changes from there next time you cook. Online recipes suck so bad a good amount of the time that I only trust my textbook as a source of proper ingredient ratios and techniques. If there are specific things that anyone would like to see from such a textbook then I can upload some. It's a HUGE book so I'm not about to scan the 1200+ pages.

>> No.13404768

>>13404757
how much adderal to write that giant paragraph that says

>i took a class want to do more

summarize faggot

>> No.13404770

>>13404716
Okay so stop buying the premade items. It sounds insane to those who eat that consistently, but you need to get away from them. Literally start with protein of choice like tofu or it may be (for you or others) fish, chicken, pork, beef, or game. Pan sauté or fry your protein while sticking to salt and pepper with the protein cooking in a bit of oil (nothing outrageous at deep-fry level). Steam, bake, or sauté (meaning use a bit of oil) a green seasoned with salt and pepper. Choose any complex carb like whole grains, potatoes, nuts, etc., whatever. Prepare those simply. It's still a better meal than anything you could buy. Am I closer to what you're asking?

>> No.13404775

>>13404768
I'm trying to figure out what exactly OP is looking for plus whoever ask me about my class. There is no reason that a home cook can't make basic but tasty varied meals at home, so I want to figure out where the problem is for OP.

>> No.13404777

>>13404770
I guess I really am over thinking it. Looks like >>13404727 is right. Get tofu, rice, chicken, herbs, veggies, whatever it doesnt matter, add water heat and maybe some oil. stir or cover whatever now its edible. great. i'l go to the store first thing tomorrow thumbs up.

>> No.13404778

>>13404377
My goto weekday dinner
ingredients:
>chicken breast (2 medium size ones)
>couscous (normal kind, not pearl)
>spices (chili powder, paprika, pepper, salt)
instructions:
super quick brine some chicken (optional)
>put water and a bunch of salt in bowl, put in chicken breast, maybe pour in some cholula too
>take it out when you're ready to cook and dry off chicken with paper towel
cook chicken
>preheat oven to 350
>heat iron skillet to medium-ish, and put some oil in it
>rub spices on chicken
>put chicken in skillet 2 minutes each side to sear it so it doesn't dry out
>put skillet in oven for 15-ish minutes
cook couscous
>boil water
>take off heat, add couscous
>wait 5 minutes then fluff with fork
plating
>just throw it all on a plate

>> No.13404781

>>13404777
Don't trick yourself into buying meme food fads, but better quality and thus higher priced foods made simply with serve you well.

>> No.13404783

>>13404377
>get aluminum pie tins ($1 for 3)
>bone-IN, skin-ON chicken thighs
>put two in pie tin, no grease
>fold the huge skin flaps out to render its own grease
>salt, pepper, garlic powder
>oven 375F
>30-40 minutes
>skin is crispy, not overdone b/c dark meat
For sides:
>frozen/canned vegetables in a pan/microwave
>rice (easy to cook in 3qt pot, or rice cooker)
>microwave whole potato (use the baked potato button, rinse potato, cut off any eyes/rotten spots, stab potato with fork, drench in butter/sourcream afteward)
>simple cheap Pasta in a pot

You can do the above with 1" bone-IN pork chops.
You can control your sodium intake easily like this.

You will feel 100% better eating even this simple slop for a week. I've lived months straight off of pie-tin chicken thighs and rice @ $4/10lbs

>> No.13404785

>>13404778
I would do this but with THIGHS
Remember OP, NEVER USE CHICKEN BREAST
Breast meat sucks. It's dry, stringy, tasteless. It has no mitochondria so it's white and basically not even meat.
Don't EVER buy chicken breast, ever ever ever.

There's a reason they use that shit in McNuggets.

>> No.13404788

>>13404785
Thighs are fine too. I like breast because its easy and tastes like nothing and has protein

>> No.13404789
File: 59 KB, 605x605, bachelorchow.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I need human dog food.
What if I drink a shit load of protein shakes and eat multi vitamins?

>> No.13404791

It’s so wholesome that something good actually came out of this thread despite the best efforts of niggers

>> No.13404794

>>13404777
Cheap food does taste good. Don't make soggy meats, Maillard Process/sear for the win.
If you propery maillard/sear your meat, and add simple spices, you are 80% of the way to the best meal on earth.
Literally the last 20% is what all the professional Chef, Michelin stars are about.
And 80% Perfect food is really good food.
You dont need to spend money, you need to concentrate on not fucking food up.
Once you get good it's simple and easy.

>> No.13404797

>>13404788
>tastes like nothing and has protein
That's true, Adolf-digits, if that's your jam then who am I to gainsay

>> No.13404844

>>13404794
forgive me there are a lot of ads on the sites i'm getting. Maillard reaction that's putting baking soda on the pan ? what is? You say its simple and you just typed all that pls dont make me go load up a bunch of ads again pls

>> No.13404856

>>13404377
stop being lazy and poor

>> No.13404872

>>13404856
found the cuck

>> No.13404876
File: 2.95 MB, 480x480, catConfusedChipmunk.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>13404844
>Maillard reaction
>The browning action of food exposed to heat
>seared steaks
>browned brussells sprouts roasted in the oven
>the brown crusty part of a fried egg
>the golden brown of a grilled cheese
you can troll me if you want, but maybe someone will get use out of it.

>> No.13404898

>>13404876
thats information i needed thank you. so you're saying buy meat, burn it on a pan on the stove a little bit. got it.

>> No.13405447

well op, perogies should be a big tip off to you, boil them, fry them, bake them, they go well with just butter or even tossed around in a little bit of ketchup when you're really out of sorts. They're cheap, easy to digest, and cheap. The spinach ones will also give you a likely much needed boost to your iron levels. I enjoy them as a hearty meal, boiled is my favourite method.
at walmart theres a pretty decent deal on frozen precooked sliced chicken breasts, can just kinda just slide it into whatever you need with no worries. I can't say it's the highest quality but it's certainly not the worst i've had.
potato patties are usually an okay deal but they've been cranking their prices recently due to some so-called 'potato shortage' despite there being massive amounts of unsold potatoes being constantly thrown out in stores.
the potato patties you can just toss some frozen veggies on top, little sauce if you want, think like an open faced sandwich, then bake in the oven.
breakfast hash is basically peppers, hashbrowns and bacon bits, it's a good mix for when you get tired of constantly eating peas carrots and string bean frozen veggie mixes

meal prep is kinda a shitty meme when you consider you can just make meals by tossing things together pretty well instantly with no prep work these days

>> No.13405722

There are no silver bullet anon, here just my 2 cents.

First of all, don't buy anything prepackaged. It's not good for you and cost way more.

Buy cheap vegetables, they are good for you and they are cheap. The downside is that they make you full for short time, that's why you want to also buy starchy stuff like potatoes.
Buy seasonal, in this period you can eat everything in the cabbages family, for example.

Fruit are cheap and good as a snake. Here again don't go fancy, buy cheap and seasonal fruit.

For meats: offals are cheaper and nutritionally better than muscles.
They general taste strong, so you have to like them. I find heart milder compared to other organs so you may want to start from there.

Salt: if you ate 50g salt daily, now you will find every normal food too bland. But salt palate can be adjusted easily, it will take ~1 month to adjust to less salt so have patience, but you won't regret it.

Fish: don't go fancy(branzino, swordfish, salmon, etc). Go with mackarels, sardines, anchovies. They are cheap and nutritionally better. They taste more fishy tho, so you may want to cook them properly.

Eggs: 4 eggs a week

Legumes: they are invaluable. Just remember to rinse them in abdundant water for a night, maybe changing the water twice, especially if you are eating less.

Drink only water.

>> No.13405736
File: 15 KB, 184x184, b25d2d515a53c5ed9d6c6a75ce81ad63251572c6_full.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>13404377
microwave melt 3/4ths a stick of butter in a coffee cup
mix in
a table spoon of garlic powder
2-3 squirts of fish suace
a small squirt of sriracha

seperate a yoke from an egg with its shell and your hand youtube it if youre retarded or new to cooking
mix yoke with still warmish hot butter until the sauce thickens
then add a dash off cavanders greek spice

fill a medium pot half way with salted water to taste
boil water
add 1/3 a box of angel hair pasts

wait till angel hair is aldente and remove all but 1/4 a cup of pasta water at the bottom

leave heat on low and throw in the sauce

(at this point if you want to be extra feel free to add any finely shredded cheese herb or any sort of meat it all will taste good)

stir until sauce is as thick or thin as you want it i prefer it THICC and serve

garnish with fresh black pepper

>> No.13405741

>>13404377
>I need to lower my sodium intake or I'm going to die

Salt isn't bad for you, it is absolutely critical and perfectly fine

It is your shit diet that is bad for you

>> No.13405751

>>13404377
Make a seafood or chicken sausage gumbo using a dry roux. Make some rice. You can eat on it for days. Dry roux is excellent. You just have to use lower heat or the oven to get the flour toasted.

>> No.13405790

>>13405736
forgot to add that you should put a squirt of heavy cream in the sauce

>> No.13405815

>>13404377
get mince, add some breadcrumbs, an egg & flavour, and mix.
make into burgers or cook as a meatloaf.
cook in oven with some onions, potato.

>> No.13405831
File: 72 KB, 707x1024, Trader-Joes-Indian-Fare-Tikka-Vegetables-707x1024.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>1 cup jasmine rice
>1 of these in the microwave
>add tofu prepared however you like

About $3.50 for two meals, and isn't horrible on sodium.

>> No.13405845

>>13405831
why not just skip the middle man and cook vegetables with aromatic spices in a creamy tomato sauce
you'd get like 6 meals for the same cost

>> No.13405874

Pot roast is the cheapest cut of beef and is wonderful prepared correctly. It's $4/lb here

Put vegetables in the bottom of the slow cooker, I use mushrooms onions and carrots. Sear the pot roast brown on both sides and put on top of the veggies. You can wrap potatoes in foil and put them on top after this.

Mix like 1.25 cups chicken broth with some salt, pepper and whatever spices and stuff you like. Soy sauce is good too. Put it all over the roast and cook on low 8 hours.

>> No.13405918

>>13405845

>contains potatoes, green peas, onion, carrot paneer cheese, cashew, green beans, tomato paste, cream, etc

Even if you buy the cream in the smallest size available, to get the same ratios you'll probably wind up make enough for 12 meals, but for like $10, or 5x the cost ($1.99).

I don't want to make that much. They also have different flavors.

>> No.13406025

>>13405918
half of what you just mentioned can be bought frozen for a fraction the cost and used in individual batches
basically everything but the paneer really, and I'm not so certain it couldn't be.
like, can you say for certain that you don't buy enough of these at once that you couldnt just scoop it into freezer/sandwich bags and freeze it for later use?..
and if you make it yourself you could have as many different flavours as you want

>> No.13406033

>GIB CHEAP MEALS BUT EXCLUDE ALMOST EVERYTHING CHEAP
Christ half the fucking threads here

>> No.13406160

>>13405741
>it's not that your diet is bad
>but your diet is bad
>>13405918
Don't make him do math you know he's not going to put himself in that situation
>just throw it all together duh haha
just.

>>13406033
Yeah pretty much.
Great recipes guys, no one fucking asked, I just wanted to figure out the actual mechanics?

For example when licking pussy you want to be licking the clit, the stupid little fucking shapes you make w your tongue? That's your call, thats your time and work doesnt change the 'how" of anything.
Alright so everyone here we all seem to agree you just get ground beef, throw it on a pan, turn it up to medium let it sit in the heat for a day, and then bam instant tacos. Awesome.

>> No.13406167

>>13406033
It's like fucking /fit/ no one here knows a god damn thing. But the one idiot that "hmmm i made little organic chopped green beans and sprinkled them w diarrhea and paprika ooooo le master chef" thats the guy that's always posting here.

Did you see that guy "haha just sear it"
literally couldn't explain tf searing even is.

This board is clearly a bunch of pseudointellectual garbage.

>> No.13406193

>>13404775
I can't think of anything specific I'd like to see from your textbook, but I appreciate your information.

Do you have any recipes you specifically like from there? What's the name of the text so I can look up a pdf?

>> No.13406212

>>13406193
Are you samefagging about your bullshit class?
Hello hi hello yes go start your own thread or something you fucking jacker wtf

>> No.13406224

>>13406193
why don't you tell us how to sear meat?

mention one herb/oil ratio
>the car NEEDs flames on the side that's the recipe
ONE little personalization and I will tune out immediately.

>> No.13406304

>>13406212
So I'm going to guess you are heavily drunk and very angry because it's almost Christmas and that means being forced to spend lots of time with people you hate. Or maybe you have no family and that's why you're angry. Either way go to bed, you're drunk.

>> No.13406347

poached eggs with fried mushrooms and spinach on toast. very tasty, easy and quick.

chilli. easy and very satisfying to make and eat, and can be made in batches, tastes better even after a couple days in the fridge. using cocoa powder or dark chocolate in it is amazing, and you can put almost anything in it so it's easy to use shit up.

shakshuka uses a lot of the same ingredients as chilli, so that is good to do to use up ingredients.

you can make an easy marinade with olive oil, chilli flakes, sriracha and minap kunis (sweet sticky soy sauce). this is good on a lot of meat, stir fry in beef with broccoli is very good.

you should look for a lot of stew, or braised meat recipes, as they are often simple and can use similar shit, and you just put them in the oven for a few hours and get very tender meat and a delicious gravy.

>> No.13406368

>>13404377
>Hey I was thinking cheap easy meals
>But no meat, beans, or salt
Eat a bullet, it'll solve your hunger forever

>> No.13406440

>>13406304
threads been up all night, i've slept, you? >>13406368
yeah you're right. My english is really bad.

Everyone please, please: some people like basil, some people don't, regardless, having basil on raw steak doesn't make the raw steak edible.

I have to know how to physically cook the steak. I know, it's mystifiying and bewildering but no take your dumbass little herb mixes elsewhere I did not ask about that god damn shit I just need to know how to make raw meat edible holy fucking fuck.

>>13406347
see
>>13406224

>> No.13406485

>>13406440
>I have to know how to physically cook the steak

you should watch some videos and google, because the topic is too big and you will find out as you encounter things. right now you don't even know what you don't know, so you can't even ask the right question, and until you start cooking and researching you won't be able to form these questions.

but, for steak...you need a heavy bottom pan, stainless steel or cast iron. you use these because non-stick pans can't get hot enough without destroying the coating which is poisonous. you put oil in the pan, 2 tablespoons say, a good little glug, and you put it on full heat until it's starting to smoke. then you put the steak in. it will take maybe 2 minutes each side depending on thickness. the meat should also be at room temp, so leave it out of the fridge for an hour before cooking, and the meat should be dry, because dry meat will not properly brown so you will not develop a tasty crust. then you leave it on the side for 3-5 minutes before you cut it so the juices can distribute through the meat.

>> No.13406574

>>13406485
essentially, hot/warm sterile metal needs to press the meat with oil between the contact point, eh?

>go watch youtube
>just go ask someone that actually knows

>does anyone know the answer?
>raises hand
>I don't know the answer

>> No.13406705

Ok guys know that youre a little more aware of the cancerous bitch monster you're dealing with:

I have an oven/stove
microwave
toaster oven
Blender
1 pan
1 pot

herbs and spices
money for PROTEINS and nutritional food stuffs

That's all I have to work with and yes I am essentially an alien not from this country or even this planet I need to know how the human species safely consumes meat purchased from grocery stores, please, my life depends on it. Thank you. I love you.

>> No.13406710

I actually know how to hunt, skin, gut, and clean deer meet, I just don't know the part between the butchering and then plate to mouth.

There's heat and some oil. Alright..