[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 7 KB, 231x250, 1549925698947s.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
13652292 No.13652292[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

Why do people say American food is bad? America is gigantic and has abundant seafood from oceans and lakes and vast crops and farmland and has so many different climates, and has people from all over the world who take their own cuisines and put their own twist on it. I mean yeah we have a ton of meme food places, but so does everywhere else on earth.

>> No.13652295

>Seafood
>Lake

Pick one Ameridumb

>> No.13652298

>>13652295
Yeah we got tons of lakes all over and seafood from oceans

>> No.13652305

Because American cuisine is a bastardised version of cuisine from other countries. Your main quip is being over the top and unhealthy.

>> No.13652308

>>13652292
What you should ask yourself is "why is American food shit despite all that?" It is undoubtedly shit food. The answer is possibly monopolies, but it's probably worth noting that all new world nations have similarly shit cuisines. There is something about colonised nations in a post-colonial world that needs to be teased out.

>> No.13652316

>>13652305
>>13652308
yeah but c'mon we got fresh seafood and BBQ and maine lobster and new england clam chowder and abundant Southern Foods. Even things like Chicken wings, we meme and joke a lot here but you cannot honestly tell me a fresh rack of ribs or Brisket or Pork with a Texas or Kansas City or Memphis or North Carolina rubs/sauces is "bad" remove any obnoxious portions, you cannot say fresh Marlin or Tuna caught down deep sea fishing in Florida is "bad" . Like we have actual grass fed beef and thousands of acres of farmland. I mean yeah sure i'll say Cheese Burgers and Hot Dogs are a pretty lame food to be known for and we got some meme restaurants, but if you go deep in America we got great foods.