Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

Due to resource constraints, /g/ and /tg/ will no longer be archived or available. Other archivers continue to archive these boards.Become a Patron!

/ck/ - Food & Cooking


View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
File: 85 KB, 1024x576, 9B0B14A4-3F12-4BC5-B89A-3BDEE41F79E6.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
14145031 No.14145031 [Reply] [Original]

Was it really that bad?

>> No.14145039

>>14145031
The crust to pizza ratio is off

>> No.14145053

>>14145031

It is almost impossible to fuck up a pizza, but if you are going ot be a pizza snob then yeah, that pizza looks bad. Way too greasy and too much crust.

>> No.14145059

>>14145039
crust is part of pizza...

>> No.14145067

>>14145031
>holds pizza upside down
>surprised the toppings fall off
Gordon is a hack.

>> No.14145072

>>14145067
>t. Pete

>> No.14145074

it looks like it would feel like having a mouthful of greasy cheese and soggy bread in your mouth, looks shit and i'm not even a hipster or picky autist.

>> No.14145075

>>14145059

No, the cheese on good pizza doesn't fall off when you lift it.

>> No.14145083

>>14145031
I put actual live oil in my pizzas when i make them and it never end s up that greasy how the fuck do american manage to do that?

>> No.14145090

>>14145075
if its still really hot it will

>> No.14145111

>>14145031
This picture never ceases to annoy me. I know Gordon is playing shit up for the camera, but everyone knows that if you take a pizza right out of the oven and hold it vertically that the cheese is going to start to fall off. Fucking retarded.

>> No.14145120
File: 49 KB, 500x731, Shelley-Duvall-17.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
14145120

>>14145083
ur fucked m8

>> No.14145121

>>14145111
it's like shaking a can of coke and being upset at the manufacturer when it sprays everywhere

>> No.14145133

>>14145090

Yeah, literally right out of the oven, though. Most of my homemade pizzas don't have the cheese fall off by the time I am done cutting it.

>> No.14145139

>>14145083
Too much cheese, poorly rendered sausage.

>> No.14145152

>>14145083
>>14145139

The type of cheese matters. If you don't give a fuck about the cheese and just buy the cheapest mozzarella available then you are going to get some mass produced trash that produces a lot of grease when heated.

>> No.14145167

The only time I had a pizza that wasn't hot and fresh have the cheese slide off like that was when we ordered extra cheese with extra sauce.

It was good, but it didn't work.

>> No.14145183

>>14145152
Whole Milk, Low Moisture Mozz will do that, too.

It's great, but if you cook it wrong in an over or something (ironically not being hot enough) it'll squeeze all the fat out and you get a pool of grease.

>> No.14145552

>>14145031
Ramsey is a massive faggot and shit cook. He's only popular because he's a sperg. He only has (((Michelin stars))) because he stole superior American cooking and brought it to brit bong land, home of eating literal shit.

>> No.14145624

>>14145031
it was literally raw you retarded fuck

>> No.14145644

>>14145552
>stole superior American cooking and brought it to brit bong land
In fact his award wining stuff is a handful of English high-class stuff but mostly classic French cuisines. He literally learnt a lot of his trade in Paris.

>>14145031
>Was it really that bad?
Almost nothing is as bad as he says, it's reality TV, a famously unrealistic thing.

>> No.14145659

>>14145152
I use literal Walmart brand pre shredded mozerella when I make pizza and it doesn't come close to falling off.

>> No.14145661

>>14145075
>the cheese on good pizza doesn't fall off when you lift it
you know nothing of pizza.

>> No.14145970

If any of you mongs had actually watched the episode you would see with your own etes that there were pools of grease dripping off it and the dough was raw. So yeah it was pretty fucking bad. Cunts.

>> No.14145973

>>14145031
Based on the fact cheese has split that much alone, yes. You absolutely can fuck up a pizza and at its core it comes down to temperature differences between ingredients.

>> No.14145976

>>14145659
>using pre-shredded cheese

don't. shit used to prevent the shreds from sticking to one another in the bag also messes with cheese's melting properties.

>> No.14145980

>>14145976
Well my cheese sticks together like a motherfucker and I have to crumble it with my hand before putting it on, but I'm only using it because I just started making pizzas and haven't had a chance to buy better cheese.

>> No.14145997

>>14145039
It's Denver style. The crust is supposed to be huge.

>> No.14145999
File: 2.48 MB, 350x386, 1589758793614.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
14145999

>>14145031
>go to restaurant
>make food look worse than it is
>""""fix""""food
>repeat
obviously it makes for better tv if he plays up how bad the food is

>> No.14146043

>>14145997
Is Denver style also known for being raw inside?

>> No.14146197

>>14145552

>Couldn't be more wrong

Dude did most of his learning in Europe faggot

>> No.14146253

>>14145031
i'm not going to say i wouldn't eat it after a night drinking, but yeah it definitely looks like trash and if i got that thing in a restaurant i would never go there again.

>> No.14146259

>>14145111
Gordon Ramsay doesn't know much about food, but he does know who to bribe for michelin stars.

>> No.14146587

>>14145999
>that webm
Do you really think those burgers look the same?

>> No.14146644

>>14145997
Are you talking about Blowjoe’s? That restaurant and their “mountain pies” are a joke.

>> No.14146653

>>14145999
why does this out of context shit keep being passed around if you say the episode his problem was the size of the patty compared to the buns and he is trying to get a nice bite with everything in it. Of course he is playing it up because it's fucking it but you are being sdisonest.

>> No.14146787
File: 252 KB, 480x270, fureeza.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
14146787

>>14145067
>He doesn't use a pizza stapler
ISHYGDDT

>> No.14147089
File: 327 KB, 381x590, Screenshot_2020-04-27 Kitchen Nightmares Uncensored - Season 6 Episode 2 - Full Episode.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
14147089

>>14145031
The real star of that episode

>> No.14147411

>>14145999
I began to hate him

>> No.14147436

>>14146587
>>14146653
the burgers look similar hights, his looks a little higher but it could be the camera angle. The point is he is pretending that one is far too tall to take a bite of with his clowny over acting, then his own buger is just as tall. I think its obvious too see who's being dishonest.

>> No.14147474

>>14145031
But its the best pizza in denver

>> No.14147509

>>14147436
>The point is he is pretending that one is far too tall to take a bite off
No you lair he was trying to take a bite of the top as well as the bottom bun and and the massive burger was getting in his way.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5Y-pJDgJT8
For fucks sake, that was a comic bit and wasn't event he main criticism against the burger, it was the shitty buns.

>> No.14147549

>>14145659
>I use literal Walmart
As apposed to what? Figurative Walmart?

>> No.14147587

>>14147436
Its not about height, look how wide and fat the patty in the top burger is. Thats just shitty to eat. His acting is obviously meant as a joke, he didnt tell the owner that his burger sucks because he couldnt take a bite out of it, it sucked because it was poorly made.

>> No.14147603

>>14145083
>doesn't kill his oil before putting it in the pizza
barbaric

>> No.14147622

>>14145999
They also always add squelchy sounds to the food to make it seem more disgusting. Its the same squelchy sound too.

>> No.14147647
File: 90 KB, 1000x750, csp.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
14147647

>>14146043
they call it colorado style or mountain style and it looks like they bake it twice. it's like a cheese pizza with giant crust that has been baked again after being loaded with even more toppings and cheese
>>14146644
it looks like it's limited to only that one chain and it's supposed to have braided stuffed crust so OP is definitely not it

>> No.14147649

>>14147509
>order burgers medium rare
>keep sending them back for being "raw"
>kitchen runs out of the big buns because they've all been wasted on the returned burgers
>"LOL WHY THIS BURGER ON TINY BUN AND OVERCOOKED LOL SO BAD"
Fuck this guy, seriously.

>> No.14148212

>>14147649
>order burgers medium rare
>keep sending them back for being "raw"
Medium rare isn't raw.

>kitchen runs out of the big buns because they've all been wasted on the returned burgers
Yeah, that scenario you just made up in your head is definitely what happened.

Retard, you don't know anything.

>> No.14148255

>>14148212
Literally watch the video. He orders the burgers medium rare, but when they come out medium rare he calls them "raw" and sends them back. On the last one they probably just got frustrated and overcooked the damn thing to appease his fragile sensibilities, at which point he calls it bland and overcooked, because obviously.

At 0:33 you can hear someone in the kitchen saying, "We don't have any more of the extra-big buns," which tells me they ran out of the buns after having to serve the same burger to him so many times and normally the burger would come on an appropriately sized bun.

>> No.14148277

>>14145999
Both of those burgers look like shit.

>> No.14148305
File: 3.27 MB, 4032x3024, 20200330_095738.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
14148305

>>14147647
I live in Colorado and I've never heard of that retarded shit. Our pizza here is usually from a chain, nobody here does pizza right.

This shit came outta Denver and everyone there is basically a retarded buttbaby loser.

>> No.14148322

>>14148255
how many burgers did he go through? do they only keep like 5 buns in the kitchen?

>> No.14148335

>>14148322
I dunno, but it's still important to note that "We ran out of big buns" is a far different thing than "We serve this giant burger on normal buns always." But of course they'll ignore it and do their best to edit around it and pretend like the small bun is the standard way they serve the burger.

>> No.14148360

>>14148335
they didn't edit around it they showed 3 different staff members comment on it and even cut to the waitress saying she was terrified to bring the sandwich out. you can see one of the old sandwiches on the table next to him with a big bun. I don't see anything dishonest about the editing, people are just idiots and have no viewing comprehension

>> No.14148431

>>14148360
Okay, I decided to go through the whole episode. Turns out he only ordered the Cowboy Burger once, and the other burgers he sent back were different ones. So he really did think the Cowboy Burger came on a tiny bun. But he did still keep calling the burgers "raw" when they were clearly medium rare. Later on in the episode he tries a custom burger made by the head chef and says, "The temperature is perfect," and when the female owner points out it's medium and not medium rare Ramsey does a double-take and says, "Y-yeah, w-well I guess it might not be medium rare but it's juicy!"

>> No.14148799

>>14145111
In his defense, the American series is all garbage like this, while the UK version is a lot more grounded.

>> No.14148809

>>14147647
there's a place in the tech center called Ge Joe's which I remember being similar, I think they must be related.

>> No.14148843

>>14145031
Huge thick RAW dough crust and puddles of olive oil and grease, and the cheese and toppings would literally fall out when you went for a bite due to all grease. It was bad.

>> No.14148884

>>14145031

In the show the producers insisted they make a shit pizza for Ramsay. If he's doing a kitchen nightmare episode about your business the he already knows the food the reviews and all the financial business. Because if he can turn it around and be profitable it becomes a Gordon Ramsay branded license and he takes a cut. Its why so many USA people told him to fuck off.

>> No.14148917

>>14148884
that sounds ridiculous do you have any source

>> No.14148927

>>14145067
To be fair most pizzas a lot would do this straight out of the oven, you need to give it a bit to cool down to keep it together

>> No.14148940

>>14147549
kek

>> No.14148944
File: 53 KB, 600x800, 614.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
14148944

>In his defense, the American series is all garbage like this, while the UK version is a lot more grounded.

>> No.14148947

>>14145031
>soggy ass dough and globs of cheese
>puddles of grease
Yeah it was bad, even by a regular persons standards. Just watch the episode. Regular people were frequently kicked out of the restaurant because the owner was a baby who couldn't handle people criticizing his food

>> No.14148957

>>14145552
>sees the BURGAH meme on /ck/
>thinks he knows everything about the chef

>> No.14148970

I actually tried that place out post- Kitchen Nightmares and now it just boring run of the mill "New York style." Utterly uninteresting, pricey too.

>> No.14149133

>>14148431
>Okay, I decided to go through the whole episode. Turns out he only ordered the Cowboy Burger once, and the other burgers he sent back were different ones. So he really did think the Cowboy Burger came on a tiny bun. But he did still keep calling the burgers "raw" when they were clearly medium rare>
so you were wrong and full of shit and now all you have is the magic ability to tell if something is raw Only by looks.... great!
> Later on in the episode he tries a custom burger made by the head chef and says, "The temperature is perfect," and when the female owner points out it's medium and not medium rare Ramsey does a double-take and says, "Y-yeah, w-well I guess it might not be medium rare but it's juicy!"
https://youtu.be/ZsTPfb-3A6k?t=1402
Did he fucking order a burger or did he leave it to the chef to decide? for fucks sake mate You just can't be honest can you?
Not only that you are purposefully misrepresenting how the scene played out, He said "it may be medium but its fucking juice" meaning he didn't mind it was medium. BECAUSE HE DIDN'T ORDER IT MEDIUM RARE. And all of that after the female owner tried to pretend she was almost choking on "something dry aged";
You can criticize Gordon for being meme chef with almost no skill, but try to not be a lying piece of shit when you do it alright?

>> No.14149149

>>14149133
>He said "it may be medium but its fucking juice" meaning he didn't mind it was medium.
It was a backpedal. He first cut the burger open and looked at it and applauded that THIS ONE was FINALLY at the right temp. He had been ordering previous burgers medium rare, so put two and two together here, anon, he clearly thinks that medium rare is normally ideal for a burger and when he looked at that medium burger he praised it for being medium rare. He looked at it a second time and backpedaled when it was called out as not being medium rare.

>> No.14149217

>>14149149
>It was a backpedal.
>He first cut the burger open and looked at it and applauded that THIS ONE was FINALLY at the right temp.
NO he said "that was what i call a burger". He said it was the perfect temp after he took a bite
>he clearly thinks that medium rare is normally ideal for a burger
Did he said that? when did he said that? Oh look he never said that in the episode.
>. He had been ordering previous burgers medium rare, so put two and two together here,
>he looked at that medium burger he praised it for being medium rare
so you just make assumption and decide they are the truth and when reality doesn't match those assumptions you just assume people are begin dishonest and backpedaling.....Ok.
Again you can criticize him, just be honest about it without making shit up.

>> No.14149227

>>14145031
why do people on this board act like they've actually had gordon ramsey's food before

>> No.14149297

>>14149217
Do you not understand how patterns work?
>Order medium rare burger.
>"Take it back, this is raw."
>Order medium rare burger.
>"Take it back, this is raw."
>Order medium rare burger.
>"Take it back, this is raw."
>Order medium rare burger.
>"Take it back, this is raw."
>Receive burger you didn't order.
>"Now THIS is FINALLY the PERFECT temperature!"
>"Uh... yes, I knew it was medium b-but it's juicy!"
He was obviously comparing the done-ness of the burger to all the previous burgers he ordered, which were all ordered medium rare. He called this one PERFECT. So yes, the implication is he doesn't fucking know what he's talking about when it comes to done-ness of burgers. Or, maybe he DOES know what he's talking about and he's lying about the previous burgers being "raw" to spice things up for the camera. I just find it impossible to believe that someone could order 5-6 medium rare burgers and have the same chef fuck them all up and leave them raw every single time. There's clearly something fishy going on, either Ramsey doesn't understand what medium rare means or it's all an act for the TV show.

>> No.14149307

>>14149217
Go make some more scrambled eggs, Shamsay.

>> No.14149346

>>14149297
>Do you not understand how patterns work?
Do you not understand how reality works?
>He was obviously comparing the done-ness of the burger to all the previous burgers he ordered, which were all ordered medium rare.
That is just your assumption based on your other assumptions
> He called this one PERFECT. So yes, the implication is he doesn't fucking know what he's talking about when it comes to done-ness of burgers. Or, maybe he DOES know what he's talking about and he's lying about the previous burgers being "raw" to spice things up for the camera.
Again since you simply assume things you can also assume this with any evidence besides your own assumption.
>a. I just find it impossible to believe that someone could order 5-6 medium rare burgers and have the same chef fuck them all up and leave them raw every single time.
Well he didn't he ordered 3, 2 were raw( and you can see the raw meat inside) and one was too big and overcooked and the bun was horrible. Did you even watch the episode you claimed to have?
> There's clearly something fishy going on,
yeah I mean, they clearly planted the raw meat they filmed... for fucks sake it obvious they play up things for the camera, but if everything was as fake as you said Gordon would be ruined in law suits after lawsuit.

>> No.14149581

are you retards actually going on an autism rant about burger you never have and never will taste?

>> No.14149600
File: 30 KB, 600x399, 694ad9yeuxq21.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
14149600

>>14149581
You got a problem with that?

>> No.14149878

>>14149600
No need for a donnybrook there

>> No.14149993

>>14145031
The only thing I see wrong with that pizza is too much crust and some filthy hobo is touching it.

>> No.14150004

>>14147549
>As apposed to what? Figurative Walmart?
are you me? I don't remember posting this? You stole my saying.

>> No.14150030

>>14147603
Y'know, little things like this are all it takes to light up my day sometimes.

>> No.14150347

>>14147549
Walmart has become a synonym for low quality. It is indeed used in a figurative sense in casual discourse.

>> No.14151835

>>14147647
That looks nothing like the grease disk in the OP.

>> No.14152524

>>14145997
That was their thin crust according to the waitress though

>> No.14152712

>>14148917

Dunno about the pizza but the branding thing is real. Anything touched by Gordon Ramsay becomes part of his brand just having his name there. He doesn't even have to show up you just pay him royalties. Even if its your restaurant.

>> No.14152728

>>14145031

IMO, it would have been fine if it wasn't undercooked and branded as a thin crust.

I don't even like thin crust, so if I got that and it was cooked properly, yeah I would have liked it.

>> No.14152731

>>14148917
It's not as ridiculous as it may seem. Did you know that on the show House Hunters, they only accept applications for appearances on the show from people who have already closed on a house?

>> No.14152804

>>14152731
that I know but the production company bankrolls the show and ramsay just comes in to offer advice. it's not like they're taking a stake in the business and ramsay definitely isn't.

>> No.14152824

>>14148944
but thats true you retard. americans need constant drama, yelling, and jump cuts in their media because they are too fucking retarded to pay attention to something if it isnt skull fucking their senses constantly

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
E-mail
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
Captcha
Action