[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 58 KB, 792x677, bjcp.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
17369173 No.17369173 [Reply] [Original]

I believe Rotbier is missing. It's a red to amber lager - defined by noticeable roasted malt flavors, low to medium sweetness and sometimes a dry finish.

>> No.17369179

>>17369173

Also Crambier, a traditional German beer-jenkem hybrid fermented from vinegary shits. It's the official Game Day brew of /ck/!

>> No.17369191

>>17369179
daring synthesis of the worst forced memes /ck/ has ever produced

>> No.17369216

>>17369191
What I remember as daring synthesis growing up as a young kid on /ck/

>80% of threads about fast food or junk food
>YouTube e-celeb shilling/drama
>juvenile bitching and moaning from zoomer lackeys in the restaurant "industry"
>sloppa shit photographed on camera phones from 2004 with Funkopops in background
>Karen/mom science about PUFAs, gluten, etc
>reactionary Soyjaks
>tobacco for some reason?
>one time, Coinslot

Outboarders have no idea how bad it really is. No one on /ck/ knows what the fuck hearty home-cooked meals are or haute cuisine. /ck/ food is disgusting. Literally the worst taste of any board. Makes sense because /ck/ posters are the subset of 4chan closest to Redditors. They think that Gordon Ramsay is an actual chef instead of an overpaid actor, their jannies ban everyone, they post 100 duplicate threads about the latest Trayvon Scott meal or Taco Bell menu change. Like what kind of idiot mod decided not to enable flags when every other post is "do Americans really?" Tranny weebs on /bant/ who listen to k-pop have a better board than the average cu/ck/.

>> No.17369456

>>17369179
is that what people of burgerland are into now? Your constant state of culturlessness forces you to adopt even the most retarded things. People have told me lardmen like to have their gfs blacked.

>> No.17369606

>>17369173
nobody cares about the BJCP guidelines except autists. Made by autistic burger homebrewers for autistic burger homebrewers. The "style" guidelines they originally developed were for use as competition categories not some overly anal guide for actual styles you cretin.

Thats the problem when you culturally deprive americans start talking about beer is that you have very rigid and often misinformed ideas of what european beers should be.

>> No.17369766

>>17369606
I'm OP and not a lardmen. Although there're many styles missing and some are miscategorized; I still think it's the best beer catalogue that we've got.

Which styles do you think are missing or misrepresented?

>> No.17370157

>>17369766
>best beer catalog that we've got.
Its designed for homebrewing competition guidelines, its too autistic to be used as an actual style guideline in practice when you realise there are loads of commercial beers that have been around for ages that don't fit the "styles" rigidly put down by them.

I haven't bothered to read this new one in all fairness so I might be wrong, but if its anything like the ones they had a decade ago then it will rubbish. It used to be a joke how bad they got styles when even for just english and scottish styles you knew the people writing them had never actually drank beer in these countries, the same for some of the continental stuff as well.

All the IPA sub-styles is peak america.

The problem isn't so much the guidelines themselves its people misinterpreting them and using them in the wrong context.

>> No.17370230

>>17370157
>there are loads of commercial beers that have been around for ages that don't fit the "styles" rigidly put down by them
I agree, BJCP categorizes Kellerbier (pale, hazy, young lager) as a historic style eventhough, there're tons of breweries in Germany that still produce that beer style. It might not be exactly the same as in the past or not served as "fresh" as you'd get it from a breweries cellar but these arguments apply to other beer styles as well.

>> No.17371320

bump

>> No.17371354
File: 53 KB, 1080x849, C37BF3D6-680F-401F-B442-C20E7E9F79B9.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>17369216
I come here for the coinslot and cramming