[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 43 KB, 455x378, 100C464B-55BD-4C6C-914D-2E1E6B850C4C.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
18290643 No.18290643 [Reply] [Original]

Whats the worst restaurant experience you had food wise or general atmosphere wise? I went to vegas a year ago and my parents wanted to go to this one retarded nacho place. It had a boring millennial bar feel with music videos on the TVs. It was dog shit nachos which I already hate, not because I hate the food itself but because its impossible to make good nachos. I wanted to go to Margaritaville at 11 AM. Only good thing about the experience I made a weird steamy eye contact fight with a hot older lady.

>> No.18290657

>>18290643
Ordered lamb burger in some "authentic biker burger" place on the way back from a vacation so it was on the road. 50 minutes later no burger had arrived, asked staff, another 20 mins go by and burger shows up, patty is burnt, dry, and cold. Also completely flavourless.

>> No.18290658
File: 13 KB, 342x316, 1653538351087.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

What in the fuck is a "millennial bar feel" even?

>> No.18290660

>>18290658
Rustic but they some how mix in dark metal and shit in the design. Im pretty sure you can find the nacho place.

>> No.18290672

>>18290660
Your explanation is insufficient, are you ESL or just plain retarded?

>> No.18290745

>>18290643
My worst experience was in either Paris or London (I don't remember which city it was in for some reason). The day before I had been in a pretty great restaurant that was critically acclaimed and had an amazing 3 course meal. The next day we had just done some stuff in the city, and without any plan went into a random place. It was the middle of the day, yet that place was completely empty. That should have been a warning, but I was exhausted and hungry so I didn't care.
As for pricing it was what I would consider expensive but not extremely expensive, the kind of stuff you'd expect from a good place in a tourist location. I didn't care too much, so I got a 4 cheese pizza and the person with me the "king salad". The server was rude and seemed annoyed at the fact that we dared having the audacity to eat there, but whatever.
The food took forever to arrive, then when it did it was frankly a disgrace: My "4 cheese pizza" was clearly a store bought frozen pizza that they had just baked in the oven, with kraft singles on top. I guess they put the craft singles on after the baking process, because they weren't even molten when it arrived (though they did melt from the heat of the pizza after). The real crime was the king salad though. It were like 3 leaves of iceberg lettuce, completely dry (I don't think they even washed it), on a plate, topped with 1 kraft single and 1 slice of ham, neither of which was cut into pieces. No dressing.
We asked the waitress and she said she couldn't do anything about it, then went into the back and didn't come back out for a while. We payed for the pizza but refused to pay for the salad (which we didn't eat), then left as the waitress said some curses under her breath.
I have eaten in backalleys and on the literal street from vendors in india, turkey and chinese slums, where they probably cooked with gutter oil, yet that restaurant is the worst I have ever been to.

>> No.18291526

>>18290745
That place was probably a front for money laundering.

>> No.18291543

>>18290643
The waitress tripped and dumped the sizzling fajitas over a child. Cops and an ambulance were called because the dad broke her jaw after

>> No.18291559

>>18290672
Makes sense to me. I think you're just autistic.

>> No.18291580

>>18290643
I ordered my usual ham melt at the diner I go to after 2nd shift, it's usually pretty late but I always get the same thing every time and they know my order.
This past week I get off work at 9:30ish and I'm headed over to the diner, I walk in, they seat me and a few minutes later I'm given my food without even ordering.
It's what I was going to get and this is pretty usual.
So I eat my food and I get ready to pay and realize I don't have my wallet.
I'm a regular here so I figure it's not a big deal so I tell my waitress, who is the only one working the floor at the time, and someone I've had many prior interactions with, and to my surprise she gets upset and adamant I pay in one way or another.
I told her I didn't have my wallet and she told me she could think of something else. At the same time she was rubbing my pants.
So for the next 6 hours she made me sit in my booth and she edged me for 6 long hours. She told me many times I'm not allowed to cum or else I'm never allowed back. It was the middle of the night so there weren't any other customers really so the whole time she spent getting me so close to cumming and then not letting me finish.
The sun was rising and her shift was ending. She cleared my table and told me get the fuck out and to remember my wallet next time.
I never did nut that night, and even trying on my own was fruitless as everything was raw down there.
I had literal blue balls for four days after that and was unable to cum for two weeks.
Worst and best restaurant experience in one

>> No.18291710

>>18291526
Honestly I wouldn't be surprised.
My biggest issue was that they charged almost as much as the great and critically acclaimed place I had been the day before.
The people in india in some backalley or the guys in the chinese slums sell you sloppa, but they know it's sloppa and as such it's cheap as shit.
The audacity to give me such a pile of shit, yet charge premium made me seethe at the time, and it makes me seethe now.