[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 82 KB, 640x427, kidney-beans-7662225_640.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
19731921 No.19731921 [Reply] [Original]

do dried beans expire I have 10 small packs of dried beans i bought years ago and most expired in 21/22 because I forgot about them and i just soaked a pack for a few hours and when i lifted the lid up they had expanded and I was surprised as fuck but I just boiled and simmered them for an a while and they got really crumbly and lot of baens have skin falling off and are cut in half but all the pictures of beans on the web are like perfect round soft looking beans and mine look messed up so I wondered if they expired and I almost started a bean fire because i was listening to musioc andclicking around all the boards to see that new mcdonalds ad make its rounds around the website which is pretty funny to see other boards arguing over that japanese mcdonalds ad but then i smelled burning and a bunch of water had boiled over onto my stovetop and got on the electric coil and in the catch tray so that was almost really bad but I simmered them and now they're drained and still look really messed upo and I dont want to eat some for lunch at work tomorrow and get messed up bu bad beans so do they expire?

>> No.19731926

>>19731921
No they just need a little more water and time to cook
This is like asking if chalk expires, Anon, you need to level up