[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 92 KB, 380x556, ck challenge banner.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
3771014 No.3771014 [Reply] [Original]

Round Six – First Elimination Round (July 30th-Aug 6th)

-You MUST timestamp your entry photo. No timestamp, no vote. You only have to timestamp your completed dish photo, not multiple photos if you’re posting a set.
-The more photos you post, the better! We want to see your cooking. Detailing the cooking process/posting a recipe is encouraged (but not mandatory).
-Please use a tripname or some other way to distinguish you from the other contestants, like a gun or a jar of milk. Use the same name/signifier throughout the remainder of the competition.
***If you weren’t chosen as one of the 15 finalists, or get eliminated along the way, don’t look at that as a reason to stop posting. You can still do challenges and post your meals, just be sure to remember to say that your submission is “Not for vote” or “For consideration only.”

Voting will be carried out in this thread. Please read the voting guidelines below.

VOTING GUIDELINES

Voting follows an 'Iron Chef' scoring system. This means you, the people of /ck/, will judge each entry individually instead of deciding on what you feel is the "best" dish.

Dishes are scored out of a total 20 points, based on 4 categories (worth a maximum of 5 points each); Presentation, Originality, Appeal and Challenge Goals. You may award 0's if you feel the contestant did not meet any expectations for a category.

-Presentation: The appearance of items on the plate; plating skills
-Originality: Creativity in composing the dish
-Appeal: How appetizing the food looks/whether or not the dish appeals to your personal taste as a voter
-Challenge Goals: How closely the entry followed the challenge goal(s)

Copypasta Scoring Format for Lazymodo

Presentation: /5
Originality: /5
Appeal: /5
Challenge Goals: /5
Total: /20

>> No.3771015
File: 35 KB, 640x480, aegs.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

The Round Six Challenge Theme is:

Eggs!
This is the first of the Elimination Rounds, which will carry us through to the end of the /ck/ Challenge, and ultimately decide who among us is worthy of the highest seat in the ranks of the great online cooking masters.

Please create a dish showcasing eggs as the main ingredient. It can be entrée, dessert, or appetizer, as long as egg is the primary ingredient.
*** Some new rules regarding Elimination Rounds: E-Rounds carry penalties and/or bonuses. Bonuses will apply to the top contestant or contestants for that round, and will usually involve some kind of perk or benefit for the next challenge. Penalties are for the bottom five contestants of any E-Round, and are meant to make the following challenge more difficult; you messed up somehow, so you’ll have to work extra hard to pull yourself out of that point hole!
If for some reason you are unable to participate in a Round, you are not automatically eliminated, but you are put at the very bottom of the penalty group, and you don’t get points of course. Failing to submit an entry two Rounds in a row will result in automatic elimination.
And again, if you’re eliminated, please don’t take that to mean you shouldn’t post your food anymore. Just be sure to mention that your picture isn’t for voting on.

>> No.3771017

QUESTION:

I haven't participated in any of the previous challenges, can I take part in this one?

>> No.3771018

Our Fifteen Contestants (In alpha order, not by points):

(__)_) !!85yuEmNW1V4

304lurker

304lurkersbetterhalf

Anon no. 556 !!tpdJH4SQ2sE

BubbleBurst

CookMe !cblpeYjY3s

deex

Derto !IKsWpMRP7A

John !96Ltn7sP..

Nettle !JroEoSHCIc

Smith the CIA Agent

stfuboosie !!/MEZC9Vdvfg

swot !!LO4EUS7dUiU

The Boyfriend !XAnCYOZBzk

TIE FOR 15th - The first/best/only of these three to post during Round 6 will get the 15th slot.

-JapanAnon
-sage Anon (from the previous round)
-theFarvito

The final fifteen were chosen based on cumulative scores as well as consistent participation.

Our winner from the Grill Challenge was John !96Ltn7sP..! Congratulations! Contact Hearts at heartsheartsck@gmail.com for your $10.00 prize!

>> No.3771021

Wow holy crap, way to forget my trip for the new thread. This is all official, everyone...no worries.

>>3771017

Yes and no. You can still submit dishes for consideration, but I'm afraid if you're not already one of the top 15 contestants, you're out of the running for the grand prize.

>> No.3771338

Can't wait for the submissions, this ought'a be good!

>> No.3771851

aaack, already did crème brûlée... hum.. will figure something out.

>> No.3772940

bump

>> No.3773030

> Get into final 15
> iTunes on shuffle decides to play the Iron Chef Theme Song

>mfw I have no face

>> No.3773086 [DELETED] 
File: 909 KB, 250x141, akb (1318).gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

mfw not kicked out of top 15

>> No.3773245

>>3773086
I didn't know you were participating. I don't see your name in that list. Did I miss something?

>> No.3774053

This is the first time I've clicked on a thread for the competition. Usually I scroll because tl;dr but this actually looks pretty interesting. I checked chanarchive but apparently these threads have never been archived. How else can I see previous threads?

>> No.3774065

>>3774053

In the OP picture, there's a link to the official Challenge blog where Hearts and I post details on the challenges and images of the submissions. It's a bit chaotic but we update it as often as possible.

I've also been saving each thread to keep a record of the votes, so when the Challenge is over I can post a link to a zip file with all the threads, if people are interested.

>> No.3774086

>>3774065
Would you guys mind, once the competition is over, if I post my verticals on ck.booru?

Or would you prefer to keep "exclusivity" of the entries?

>> No.3774137

>>3774086
its already posted on ck essentials. I don't see why having it on booru would be much different

>> No.3774172

I haven't really felt like participating in the last few challenges but I really like this one. The ingredient is cheap and makes room for a lot of creativity.

In b4 eggs benedict. Americans love eggs benedict.

>> No.3774178

>>3774137
neat, I didn't know some of them had been reposted.

>> No.3774384

>>3774086

Oh there's no problem, feel free to post them wherever you want at any time. :)

>> No.3774439 [DELETED] 
File: 591 KB, 850x4900, ckchallenge6.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I hope this had enough eggs to count for the challenge (it used up 5 in all).. It took my entire day off and I might as well post it.

I called it the Marathon cake for the time investments :-p

Goat cheese based cheese cake, with maple meringue, apple gelée and strawberry coulis.

I tried to make it as clear as possible, but let me know if something is unclear!

>> No.3774447
File: 591 KB, 850x4900, ckchallenge6.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I hope this had enough eggs to count for the challenge (it used up 5 in all).. It took my entire day off and I might as well post it.

I called it the Marathon cake for the time investments :-p

Goat cheese based cheese cake, with maple meringue, apple gelée and strawberry coulis.

I tried to make it as clear as possible, but let me know if something is unclear!

>> No.3775742

bamp

>> No.3775753

>>3774447
lovely!

>> No.3775762

>>3774447
that is impressive. I have to vote on this right now. Presentation: 5/5
Originality: 5/5
Appeal: 5/5
Challenge Goals: 4/5
Total: 19/20
only because the egg is not the star ingredient. you do use a lot of them, yes but the soul is the goat cheese.

>> No.3776378

Hah, this is the best thing ever!

Sorry for the interruption; it's a personal visit. Now that I've dropped by, I promise no more pointless posting. I will leave you chef types to it.

>> No.3776937

More than 15 competitors...I seriously thought this would be updated every few hours. Is it always this slow??

>> No.3776999

>>3776937
The challenges are weekly, to give time for all the competitors to figure out what they are doing, go buy their ingredients and cook.

This round entries can be submitted until August 6th. There's usually a rush to post entries in the last day or so.

>> No.3777013
File: 99 KB, 1000x750, ck6-final.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3775753
Thanks! Here's a better view of the finished plate. Just realized how small the pictures ended up on the vertical (had to shrink it because of image size limitations)

>>3775762
Yeah, I was expecting that with the eggs, though those meringues really are key :-p

Thanks for the score!

>> No.3777239

I made scrambled eggs and sauteed mushrooms/onions Ramsey style, but I ate them.
They were a 10 btw.

>> No.3777579
File: 99 KB, 530x355, chawanmushi26.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

aw man i just found this competition
i'd love to have been a part of this, to make some use of the years slaving away in the world of fine dining.

maybe one of the contestants can cash in on this - when i saw eggs as the theme ingredient, i thought of making a chawan mushi that was on the menu where i worked. (sea urchin, scallop and shiitake)

shame there are no sea urchins available here atm, or i would make some myself.

>> No.3777627

>>3777579
you can still enter, you just won't be in the running for the grand prize.

>> No.3778020
File: 1002 KB, 3008x2000, _DSC0184.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

The egg is poached; below it is tomato and smoked salmon mixed with cream cheese on top of a quinoa cake. The quinoa cake is cooked quinoa, minced red onion, chopped spinach, s&p, dash of cayenne, lemon juice, parmesan, garlic, grated and squeezed potato, egg and flour all fried in shallow oil. The yellow sauce is a standard hollandaise. The salad is watercress, radish, grape tomato, sauteed mushroom and shallots with some capers; it sits on blanched, shocked, and pureed spinach with chicken stock, then strained through a fine strainer. The asparagus was steamed and topped with a standard balsamic reduction. Along the front of the plate onto the salad is a drizzle of bacon-infused olive oil (basically bacon cooked at a low temp in olive oil so that it's done after about an hour, meaty bits of the bacon reserved and returned to the oil discarding fatty parts and let sit for a couple days).

>> No.3778025
File: 207 KB, 1000x665, _DSC0188.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.3778038
File: 29 KB, 463x462, 1320822463798.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3778025
bueno

>> No.3778081

>>3778025
yeah bueno as fuck

>> No.3778119

>>3778025

I see you put a crap load of effort into this dish, so I'm gonna vote...

Presentation: 4/5
Individually the separate elements are well presented, but they look like three separate dishes on the same plate, nothing ties them together (-1)

I would not have come up with this, not in a million years.

Appeal: 1/5
Smoked salmon is probably going to overpower those eggs and the a quinoa latke sounds grainy, not a good match for eggs in my mind.

Sauteed mushrooms complement a lot of dishes, I like them meat or eggs, but with cold raw vegetables it does not excite.

I really don't know where asparagus fits into this dish, it's really out of place...and balsamic on the same plate as hollendaise and spinach puree, I'm getting dizzy.

Salad on top of spinach puree...really? It's like the salad started decomposing or took a shit. Majorly unappealing. Why are we infusing olive oil with bacon? Olive oil infusions should compliment the natural taste of the olive oil, not obliterate it.

Challenge Goals: 1/5

The egg is a 2 penny side show in this circus.

Total: 11/20

>> No.3778153

>>3778119
nigga u srs?

>> No.3778171

>>3778153
sadly, as good as the rest of it looks, the egg didn't seem to play nearly a big enough role in the dish.

Should have created some sort of egg thing. MY votes replicate his, but the appeal is slightly higher, a 3/5.

>> No.3778222

>>3778025

The theme's egg, buddy. All you did was put a poached egg in it.

You put the egg in a corner, and it's wearing a fucking dunce hat on. You didn't incorporate it into the meal at all. You literally didn't involve it at all. It's. just. there.

>> No.3778233

>>3778025

alright m8 listen the fuck up because im only gonna say it once.

I no ya think ur clever settin up ur food like ur defendin the palace and such but ur food isn't a fuckin battalion y aknow PRESENTATION SHITE(0)/10

Ya I agree with bro that I wouldnta thoughta that in a billion YEARS! CONGRATS ANON ur fuckin retarded ORIGNALTIY 5/5 UR THAT FUKIN THICK

aspargus? eggs? mushrooms? wat teh FUCK wer u thinkn? LOL SPINACH? GTFO u have no place IN A KICHTEN!

TOTAL: 5/SHIT

just give up m8

>> No.3778260

>>3778020
Sorry to be that dude but...

Presentation: 1/5
If I read a synopsis off a menu I might order that. If I received that I would be very disappointed and maybe only touch pieces of it.

Originality: 0/5
I don't even know how to begin to address this. Granted a plate of cow shit with some basil is original, I highly doubt anyone would want to eat this.

Appeal: 0/5
This reminds me of when my grandma would pass plates out to us at christmas and we ate them out of obligation. It didn't really matter what was on the plate but we had to eat it. It could have been catfood fruitcake but we all had to eat it.

You did include an egg. That's a solid 'one' in my book. Good job.

>> No.3778290

Presentation: 5/5
Lovely.

Originality: 4/5
I would eat it again and again.

Challenge Goals: 3/5
The egg is lovely, just does not stick out enough
Total: 17/20

>> No.3778296
File: 1.07 MB, 2000x1492, Final.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I already had coal, so you can give the 10$ to a /ck/ related charity. Learning kids to enjoy actual food (like what Jamie Oliver does) or just feeding the little starving Africans.
Or just add it to the final grand prize if you don't find anything suitable.

>> No.3778314
File: 1.04 MB, 1800x3000, Vertical 2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.3778372

>>3774447
Appeal: 3/5
Total: 14/20

It's a good effort and I don't want to sound too critical, but the meringue is a bit messy and I think it would have been neater with a smaller gelée and coulis. I also think that's a bit too much meringue for the cheese but I'm not a fan of meringue. I would have preferred more cheese but that's a testament to your cheese!

>>3778025
Total: 15/20

I think the runny yolk, bacon oil, and balsamic dressing all together make it look a bit too messy. I think there's too many other ingredients to make egg the main ingredient.

>>3778296
Presentation: 3/5
Originality: 3/5
Challenge Goals: 5/5
Total: 13/20

Three eggs cooked in the same way, despite different flavouring, I think is a bit much. Maybe you could have done two eggs and a side. The presentation is a bit boring and the paprika(?) on the edge of the dish is messy.

>> No.3778546

>>3777579
Anon, I've been messing around with a variation of this recipe since the start of this week. I don't have access to some of the quality ingredients I want but since you're around (and if you see this), this was my "original" idea if I had access to all the ingredients I wanted:
Basic Chawan-mushi, served with a poached prawns, sea-urchin roe and maybe a scallop tartare. Garnish with spring onions, mushrooms (like in your pic) and cooked using the shell of an ostrich egg for decorative purposes.

This is not what I'm going to submit, but that was the idea.

>> No.3778550

>>3778314

>garnish on the side of the plate

Ya blew it

>> No.3778566

oh my. I love that there are people actually voting besides the small handful before. I already voted on the first one, so:
>>3778025
>>3778020
Total:16/20
gorgeous picture, btw
>>3778314
>>3778296
Originality: 2/5
Appeal:4 /5
Total:16 /20

>> No.3778617
File: 65 KB, 480x320, gallery_28496_6112_44896.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3778546
see, i would submit something very similar to that if i could find the ingredients.
savory custard was one of those things i thought looked a bit gross till i tried it. have you eaten it before?
the version in the restaurant was done inside the actual sea urchin shell, picture very much related.
what made you change your mind? i would've loved to see it, and i cant think of many better ways to use eggs effectively as the main ingredient (not including sweet foods - that's just too easy)

>> No.3778826

>>3778296
My guilt-ridden conscience leads me to donate more than I probably should to charity every year, so let's put the $10 into the grand prize pot.

Grand Prize is now $60 (thanks to John), the /ck/ Challenge trophy, a /ck/ mug and apron.

>> No.3778844

>>3778826

Ask me how I know you were born with money.

>> No.3778858

>>3778844
My parents made a little under $15k/year up until around my 9th birthday. But that's neither here nor there.

>> No.3779322

>>3778617
I live in some 3rd rate country called New Zealand and I don't drive, so the food I can get is stuff I can buy from the local supermarket.

>> No.3780519

bump

>> No.3781397 [DELETED] 

ghost bump

>> No.3782419

If enough contestants don't participate in this round, we'll simply drop the person with the lowest cumulative score (with taking previous participation into consideration).

It's Friday already friends! Let's get cookin'.

>> No.3782422

>>3782419
I can't cook until tomorrow night or sunday morning, but I do plan on making something, I just can't buy the ingredients until tomorrow evening. Will the thread be up for an extra 24 hours afterward for voting?

>> No.3782454

>>3782422
I just talked this over with ZB and yes, the thread will be up for voting on Monday and you can submit your dish then. :)

>> No.3783642 [DELETED] 

ghost bump

>> No.3784154

bump

>> No.3784265
File: 1.09 MB, 2048x1536, IMG_0090.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

This week's dish: Man and woman (yeah I'm that artistic).

Ingredients (for 3-4 people):
6 Eggs.
1 Aubergine/eggplant.
2 Shallots.
1 Red onion.
1 Courgette.
2 Red bellpeppers.
Salad.
Rye bread.
2 cloves of garlic.
Bacon.
Some peas, fresh basil and rosmarry, tomatoes, salt, pepper, olive oil, Balsamico and 1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard.

Quick recipe:
Chop the shallots, onion, aubergine, courgette, basil and bellpeppers. Take a bowl, mix about 3-4 chopped slices of rye bread with some sea salt and olive oil and put them in an oven until crisp at about 180C.

Take some water and bring it to a light boil; prepare the poached eggs in some film with very little olive oil, pepper and some rosmarry (make them into packages and tie some thread around them).

Fry the bacon and then the vegetables ((obviously you should take out the bacon first) not the shallots, basil or tomato though) for about 4 min., THEN take the tomato and basil and add it to the pan. Take some bowls and put the fried veg in them - remember to make "dents" in them. Crack an egg over each "dent", add a lid of some sort and put them in the oven for a couple of minuttes. Put the eggs in film in the lightly boiling water, and then chop the salad and the cooled down bacon. Finally add the rye cruttons, bacon, peas, salad, shallots and a dressing composed of some salt, pepper, olive oil, balsamico and dijon mustard.

Finally: assemble.

>> No.3784301

>>3784265
Oh one thing that I forgot (I'm kinda in a hurry - sorry): You fry the garlic together with the onion just before you add the other vegetables. I am also sorry for the many (assumed) spelling errors in the previous post.

>> No.3785281
File: 1.36 MB, 2848x2134, 108_0536.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Since the Olympics is happening, I decided to make what I call Five Spice Olympian Eggs. Simply grease up a muffin tin with butter, cut out ham circles, stuff them into the tin to make little cups. Crack a brown egg into each one, garnish with a tiny bit of salt and then each cup gets a different spice (or spice blend in the case of the curry powder.)

The spices used: Cayenne, Black Pepper, Sage, Curry Powder, Garlic Powder.

Bake for 12-13 minutes at 420F.

Top with fresh-cut chive.

>> No.3785296

>>3784265

Appeal: 4/5
>>3785281
Presentation:4 /5
Appeal:4/5
Total: 16/20

>> No.3785324

>>3785281
I'm not going to rate and bring your game down just for the sake of doing so but..... that looks fucking retarded.

>> No.3786486

bemp

>> No.3786555

>>3774447
>>3777013

>>3778296
>>3778314

>>3784265
Presentation: 2/5

>>3785281
Total: 18/20

>> No.3786946
File: 2.61 MB, 1000x1575, tuorloduovoravioli.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I call this dish Tuorlo d'Uovo Ravioli. It is comprised of homemade ravioli stuffed with ricotta cheese and a runny egg yolk. It is topped with a browned butter, bacon, and fresh sage sauce. This recipe serves six as a first course and is perfect for a brunch or light supper. The most dramatic and delicious way to serve Tuorlo d'Uovo is so that the yolk is soft set. This allows for when the diner cuts into the giant ravioli it shall erupt gently to mix with the browned butter, bacon, and sage sauce. Some people prefer their egg cooked a little longer so I have provided directions for a soft set, medium and hard cooked yolk. I hope you enjoy this delicacy, it was a lot of fun to make. I didn't think I could successfully make my own ravioli with out a pasta maker, but it was deceptively simple.

>> No.3786950
File: 644 KB, 1500x1125, final.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

final product

>> No.3786953
File: 592 KB, 1500x1125, finalmediumsetyolk.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

inset of medium set yolk ravioli

>> No.3786955
File: 616 KB, 1500x1125, final soft set yolk.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

inset of the soft set yolk

>> No.3786977

>>3786950
looks really greasy, but still tasty.

>> No.3787009

Oh wow, I hadn't even seen the thread for this round.

>>3774447
Marathon Cake
Sounds yummy.
Challenge Goals: 2/5

>>3778020
Unnamed Dish
Fancy.
Challenge Goals: 2/5

>>3778314
Little cups of whatever.
Appeal: 1/5
This looks kinda gross to me.
Mad eggs, yo.

>>3784265
Man and Woman
Pretentious =/= artistic. Bad name is bad.
Looks tasty though.

>>3785281
5 Spice Olympian Eggs
Meh.
Would consume.

>>3786946
Egg Ravioli Thing
Mmm fresh ravioli.

>> No.3787156

>>3786955
Another challenger appears! I thought I was done voting; I guess there are always a few staggers 'n last minutes johnnys.
>>3786953
>>3786950
>>3786946
Originality:5 /5
Challenge Goals:4/5
Total:18 /20
You lost a point in presentation because your time stamp looks shitty, make a better time stamp! And, there is a tiny drip on the left side of the left saucer that bothers me. I love a runny yolk, thank you for that.

>> No.3787251

It seems like I won't have time to make this since I'm doing a presentation for some uni courses and probably won't have a chance to cook till dinner tonight in 8 hours from now...which would be past the Aug 6 deadline :<

>> No.3787258

>>3787251
Same >_> Every week I somehow get a large amount of work that tires me out from cooking anything elaborate for the challenge so much hateeee

>> No.3787292 [DELETED] 

Can we get an extension for this till later tonight? :3

>> No.3787297 [DELETED] 

>>3787258

cook simple then. not one has made any crepe yet, or eggie in the basket. do some thing like that, takes no time, easy, good. Or just vote or something. then atleast you contributing or something.

>> No.3787300

Can I have an 8 hour extension? I have most of the things I need at home and all I really need to do is actually just be there to cook it :<

>> No.3787375

>>3787300
>>3787258

Round 6 will be going until midnight of Tuesday the 7th. You've got plenty of time!

>> No.3788172

>>3786955
that's pretty, but how can you eat your yoke like that? Is this a real food?

>> No.3788273

>>3784265

>>3785281

>>3786950

>> No.3789053

bump

>> No.3789217
File: 167 KB, 1024x578, Chawan Mushi.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Hey guys, finally got around to submitting the picture from cooking this last night. What I have here is a Japanese dish called "Chawanmushi", or "tea cup steam", a savory egg custard that is usually served as an appetizer. I chose to not use the traditional ingredients (due to price and quality concerns) and opted to do a simpler version of it based on more traditional recipes.

What I did was beat 3 eggs into a bowl with a dash of mirin, soy-sauce; and a small bowl of cooled chicken cabbage, mushroom stock. (Also in the pic) I then sliced some of the mushrooms and placed them on top and let it steam for 7 or so minutes before adding some more par-cooked mushrooms and the crab-sticks on top and let it finish cooking. Garnish with parsley and serve.

The end result is slightly overcooked as you can see some pock marks on the surface of the custard but the egg itself remained soft and light with just a good amount of firmness to it. The stock really helped give the egg flavor without adding extra seasoning to it. I know I used crab sticks but it's the start of the month and my money hasn't come in it, I tried to make it look as best as I can and I think the results were better than expected.

>> No.3789220
File: 259 KB, 778x581, Chawanmushi2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Have another pic.

Captcha: parboil rderps

Vhat.

>> No.3789445

>>3789220
>>3789217

>> No.3789600

>>3789217

>> No.3790418
File: 1.09 MB, 1920x1280, IMG_1889.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Sigh, managed to make some dishes partly for my mum's birthday but turns out she wasn't coming home, so I had to eat alone.

Grilled asparagus seasoned with chili infused olive oil and fresh black pepper wrapped with prosciutto. Topped with a poached egg with some bagel croutons and a side of baked portebello mushroom.

Took way too long to find my camera and ruined the money shot, all I got was a pile of yellow goop and a soggy piece of prosciutto.

Sorry for the blurred out timestamp, it was the only photo I had that was decent and had it in frame. Not a great night I guess.

>> No.3790426
File: 1.19 MB, 1920x1280, IMG_1885.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Another one I made since it looked interesting and convenient to bring to lunch for tomorrow.

Ham and egg basket topped on steamed asparagus wrapped in prosciutto and a little bit of hollandaise sauce. Blanched spinach with a little bit of lemon juice for some nice zesty smells and taste.
Was my first time making it, and I burnt the top a little bit since I didn't realise that it had to be 180c instead of 120c

>> No.3790468

>>3790418
>>3790426

>> No.3790498

>>3790426
>>3790418
Total:14/20
the first photograph looks terrible, would not eat. the second looks a little better, but I am not impressed by steamed asparagus and burned egg cup.

>> No.3790975

bumpan for more votes!

>> No.3791171

Excuse my ignorance, but how do you know people aren't samefagging and raising the score of their own dishes?

>> No.3791211

>>3791171

We don't, really. It's always been a combination of common sense and the honor system. We're trusting everyone to want a fair competition enough to not cheat on their scores. If someone got like 5 votes with a 20/20 within 15 minutes or something, we would know what's going on, but it hasn't seemed to be a problem yet.

>> No.3791315

>>3791171
The price of cooking the food may outweigh the grand prize in some cases.

>> No.3791514

>>3774447
>>3777013
Total: 12/20

>>3778025

>>3778296
>>3778314

>>3784265

>>3785281
Appeal: 2/5

>>3786946
>>3786950

>>3789217
>>3789220

>>3790418
>>3790426
Total: 10/20

>> No.3791524

>>3791514
Only 12/20 for my submission? What went wrong D:

>> No.3791632

>>3774447

Beautiful. Do you work as a chef? This looks like something I would pay (and have paid) for.

>>3778020

I wanted to give you a higher score because it looks great but the theme was eggs and a poached egg on top of a dish doesn't cut it.

>>3778296

A solid entry but I'm a little disappointed. You're usually great about giving us a nice visual impact with your dishes.

>>3784265

I wish your camera was a little better but there's nothing to be done about that.

>>3785281

I don't know about that presentation, mate...

>>3786946
Total: 20/20

Best dish.

>>3789217

I'm surprised we haven't had more Japanese dishes. Iffy on the presentation but this dish by far used the theme ingredient to its fullest.

>>3790418
>>3790426

It's a shame you burnt the crap out of that egg cup.

>> No.3791995

bumpan

>> No.3792451

>>3791632
Nope, I work as a clerk, used to work as a credit analyst and have once or twice moonlighted as a graphic designer.

So the compliment made my day, thanks!

>> No.3792676

>>3790418

>> No.3792680

I posted two pictures but I've noticed people are voting the same for both, does that mean I only get one score or that same score gets x2?