[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 251 KB, 1200x800, IMG_9842s.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4284248 No.4284248 [Reply] [Original]

My attempt from last night at recreating the pizza I had in a bakery a few months ago. Experimenting with pizza methods again.

>If anyone is interested in details:

Things for the pictured one which I have altered from my norm: Less water (and therefore less flour). It was around 110ml of water in the past, now reduced to 80ml, same diameter achieved by rolling out thinner, past thickness achieved through longer proofing after rolling, whole canned tomatoes crushed, strained out most water and didn't cook them in a pot or any time between going from can to oven, no mozzarella but a little bit of parmesan, and finally - a pizza stone.

I don't have a peel, so I placed the pan on the hot stone. Perhaps not as effective, but it has made a difference compared to no stone. The dried herb is oregano. I really enjoyed this pizza, but it wasn't quite as good as the bakery. I'm sure they have very great ovens and skills. I plan to repeat this method with further tweaks. If anyone has tips for stewing tomatoes like they do for canning, I'm interested. I'm obviously not against canned products but I really do enjoy doing some of these things myself. Are canned tomatoes more tangy because of the metal can or what? I love that tangy taste and haven't ever quite achieved it with cooking fresh tomatoes. That said, I often do tend to cook the hell out of my tomato sauce, and that might be the reason for loss of that presence.

I guess that's about it. Sorry for the heavy depth blur (and -another- pizza thread). It was like 3AM and this was the only snap I bothered to take because I just wanted to eat. If any of you have made a pizza recently, I'd like to see it and check out your details about it.