[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 321 KB, 1600x1200, New York City Skyline.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4684542 No.4684542 [Reply] [Original]

I just got back from NY NY. I had NY pizza for the first time. It was so good.
Does anyone have any questions about NY pizza?

>> No.4684545

Can you appreciate all different styles of pizza or are you a faggot that only likes one type?

>> No.4684553

I was unimpressed by NY pizza. It was good. But definitely overhyped. A lot of the other food was good though.

>> No.4684563

>>4684545
I like all sorts of pizza.
>>4684553
It was definitely good but I also agree. It does not define pizza.

>> No.4684582

>>4684542
Where did you eat op?

>> No.4684606

>>4684582
Sorry for the late reply. I had to go to the restroom.
I ate my first and last slice of NY pizza at Pizza Hut. Shit was so much better than my neighborhood Pizza Hut. I really suggest you try out the NY Pizza Huts anon

>> No.4684662

>>4684606
Fuck you OP FUCK YOU

>> No.4684673

>>4684553
like all foods, quality varies from location to location and a lot of shitty places like to ride the NY hype and but out a sub par product

I have still yet to have a slice anywhere that compares to NYs good stuff and I always try, I have people take me to their favorite places and it never stacks up

>> No.4684711

what distinguishes it from the pizza readily available in every other city that both looks and tastes the same?

>> No.4684749

>>4684711

Every other city, really? Because the region in general (NJ-NY-CT) has pretty good pizza. NY City has some of the very best, but northeast pizza (of which NYC is a part) has a distinct style and flavor that differs from what you'd get elsewhere in the world. Anyone claiming that all pizza everywhere tastes the same is a complete idiot.

>> No.4684755

been to ny ny, ate the pizza, forever confused by why people say it's "so good".

>> No.4684763

>>4684749
>has a distinct style and flavor
I don't find this to be true

They basically serve the default "american" style available in the vast majority of the country. There are certainly all sorts of pizza, never even came close to saying all pizza is the same, just that the style New York is known for is very widely available in america, maybe a little less so on the west coast, but anywhere in the northeast, midwest and probably even the south it is common

>> No.4684765

>>4684755

Which pizza place in particular? About half the pizza here is garbage, about 1/4 of it is ok, about 1/5 of it is great, and the rest is completely amazing. And that's not even counting the chain pizza stores like Domino's and Papa Johns.

So, chances are, you fucked up and your opinion is invalid.

>> No.4684781

>>4684763

Within the US, I've spent at least 6 months and in some cases many years living in each of the following places: California, Illinois, Minnesota, Ohio, New York (city), and New Jersey.

If you're saying the style common to the Northeast is similar to the style found in California insof as it's much larger, thicker, and more generous with the cheese and tomato than say, Italian pizza, then yes, you have a point. If you're honestly saying they're the same in all those places, I would say you're either not paying attention, you're eating at chains, or you're making shit up.

>> No.4684793

>>4684781
there are many different styles readily available in every city. The stye New York is known for is very easy to find in most if not all american cities, even those with distinct regional styles that are very different. Its not like every single place in chicago that makes pizza only makes deep dish pizza, cities are big places with a lot of internal variety

>> No.4684808

>>4684793
>there are many different styles readily available in every city.

That's true of pretty much any internationally known style of food. And while there are exceptions, you'll usually find that the native region for the style is going to have the highest concentration of restaurants that do that food well.

You're basically arguing that just because your grocery store has shitty sushi, and there's shitty sushi at 7-11 in Japan, that you can get sushi just like Japan anywhere in the world. Technically you're not wrong, but you sound like an idiot.

>> No.4684813

>>4684606
Sage this thread. The OP said he ate at Pizza Hut.

>> No.4684816

>>4684808
thats true of obscure things, but "New York" style pizza is extremely common, its not something that is even remotely difficult to master

>> No.4684830

>>4684816
>its not something that is even remotely difficult to master

I'm not a pizza cook so I wouldn't know. It certainly doesn't sound hard. But somehow, good pizza is pretty hard to find in MN, there is ONE ok place but it's merely ok. I've also had some ok pizza in Chicago and Ohio, although none outside of Cleveland proper (never spent any time outside of Chicago). California pizza is pretty fucking terrible in my experience, although things may be different in San Francisco.

Meanwhile, your random neighborhood pizzeria just about anywhere in the Northeast manages to do a pretty decent job on average. There are some completely terrible places, of course, but the standards are significantly higher.

>> No.4684836

>>4684830
I think California is the only place in america that really does a bad job with pizza

>> No.4684871

>>4684813
>>4684662
>>4684606
stop trying you pathetic samefag. you didn't derail the thread the first time and you aren't going to the fourth time.

noko

>> No.4684911
File: 1.08 MB, 256x192, 25yuswsw28295.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4684542
The whole "you hadnt had pizza until you had it in NYC" bullshit is just retarded. It doesn't taste any different based only on where it is made; it is how and from what it is made. There are PLENTY of places in any good sized city that make authentic "NY style" pizza. Bonus points to the places in LA and SF that are actually made by native NYers. Not that that matters but just because it's one less thing for retards to complain about for it not being "NY pizza".

>> No.4685587

>>4684836
>>4684830
>a whole state, biggest population wise and 3 biggest by land area
>1 pizza style

you 2 really are retarded, aren't you?

>> No.4686090

>>4684871
OP Here, no I did say I went to Pizza Hut in NY NY.

>> No.4686099

yteah but i heard a good ny pizza is like 10 bux while over here it is like 25

>> No.4686100

Why does USA get so mad about pizza and what state it got made in?

Pizza is from Italy and Italians perfected it long before american slobs started pumping it out in massive proportions pumped full of fake cheese and extra lard.

>> No.4686122

>americans arguing about american pizza

I find this really funny.

>> No.4686694

>>4686100
>Pizza is from Italy and Italians perfected it long before american slobs started pumping it out in massive proportions pumped full of fake cheese and extra lard.
>>4686122
>>americans arguing about american pizza

But American pizza is nothing like Italian pizza. It is so different it shouldn't be considered the same thing and it is unfair to compare them. That's like comparing a potato pie with a sweet desert pie because they are both baked in circle pans.