[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 46 KB, 700x515, chef04.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
5400956 No.5400956[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

General restaurant stories. Tell your stories as either a guest or employee.

>Work at fancy fish restaurant in northern Norway.
>Realize during tourist season that every stereotype is true for a reason.
>The asians always want shellfish and more bread when they realize its free.
>French people understand English perfectly well but refuse to speak it out of arrogance. The only time they speak English is when they order their french wine, stating its superiority.
>Everyone English are usually old retired couples, really nice people.
>Americans panic when they want to tip. They don't know if its included, considered rude or how much %. Its really not expected of you here in Norway, chill guys.
>Australians are broes.
>Russians are untrustworthy guests.
>The japanese are sex tourists that believe conceiving a child beneath the northern-lights make it grow up to be happy.
>The local population are the most entitled.

>mfw people ask for salt before tasting a 80$ dish.

>> No.5400959

>disguising your shitposting thread as "restaurant stories"

>> No.5400960
File: 13 KB, 480x360, poshwaitor.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5400956
is this you?
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YoN9mkyctI

Maybe you shouldn't work in the service industry if you're so judgemental. I know this kind of copypasta doesn't bother anyone else.

>> No.5400961

>>5400956
>The japanese are sex tourists that believe conceiving a child beneath the northern-lights make it grow up to be happy.

that's pretty cute, actually.

>> No.5400974

This is copypasta, but I'm confused as to why anyone would bother.

>> No.5400980

>Italian tourists. 3 children and their mother.
>She asks if there will be northern lights this evening. Regrettably inform her she won't see it due to the midnight sun making it too bright.
>Pulls out some sort of travelling brochure stating it says she'll see northern lights.
>Somehow this is my fault. Being a passionate Italian shes never heard of inside voice and is causing a scene.
>Trying my best to calm her down.
>"At least you'll be able to experience the midnight sun!"
>She calms down, asks me if she'll at least be able to capture both suns in one picture.

Tried to explain once again, but she wouldn't have any of it. I was now the sole destroyer of their vacation and that was that. Some people just can't be reasoned with.

Fuck.

>> No.5400985

>>5400974
>>5400960
This is copypasta now? I posted this a few months ago on /ck/ as the original creator.

>> No.5400987

>>5400956
stale copypasta, but you left out the line about indians
>>5400980
staler copypasta, and you changed the ethnicity

>> No.5400991

>>5400985
It's copypasta in the sense that you have copied it regardless of whether you are the originator.

>> No.5400997

>>5400987
Yes, that was the story about the americans. I added that for flare.

All I really want is to load off some steam after a harsh day at work. I'm surprised anyone even remembers.

>> No.5401000

I got a new story for you guys that isnt copypasta.

>I was working in this restaurant
>And these people of INSERT NATION OR ETHNICITY were being rude and uncivilized
>We all had a laugh when they left

>> No.5401004

>>5400997
dude get a different job if your version of "blowing off steam" is being a prejudice cunt. Get a real career then, waitress.

/abandonthread

>> No.5401007

>>5400960
Sometimes I believe my restaurant is too strict. We have to present the food we serve, but more often than not I ruin the punchline of what would've been an hilarious story. Sometimes we have guests that simply aren't familiar with fine dining and they obviously feel out of place.