[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 36 KB, 300x203, stone-wave-cooker.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
5923865 No.5923865 [Reply] [Original]

Hey there, /ck/. I just got one of these and did something with it that wasn't half bad. The stonewave was on sale for a buck at my local dollar store, so i said fuck it, i'll try it out. And i think i came up with something kinda cool and simple as shit.

Ingredients:
1 egg
1/2 pack of ramen noodles.
1/2 pack of ramen seasoning
1/4 cup of chopped real bacon bits
1/4 cup of cheese
1/2 cup of pasta sauce.
1/4 cup of water

Dead fucking simple eggs in purgatory kinda.

You take the half brick of the ramen and crumble it up at the bottom of the stonewave, you can also crush it a little more or use rice or something, i used ramen because it's cheap and i have a lot of it. sprinkle in the seasoning and put in the water.

microwave for a minute until the ramen reconstitutes.

then take out the stonewave, and put in the tomato sauce and break the egg over it and season the egg however you like, then cover in cheese and the bacon bits and microwave for a good 3 minutes.

Nearly no effort and you can eat out of the bowl.

I'm experimenting with this thing a bit, and i'm liking what i've done so far.

>> No.5923877

I'm still trying to figure out a way to "fry" things in it. Part of me wants to use oil or something, but i don't think that will work.

>> No.5923886

>>5923877
>but i don't think that will work.

Why not? These things are ancient. Literally. They're a traditional asian cooking pot that someone decided to label as a some kind of microwave infomercial bullshit to sell to a new generation of rubes. It's just a ceramic pot. Treat it like any other ceramic pot: you can use it on the microwave, in the oven, on the range, or even over a fucking fire.

Want to fry things in it? Put oil in it. Put it on the stove and heat it up. Then fry in it like you would any other pot.

>> No.5923889

>>5923886

Oh trust me i know, frying in the microwave however as i have roommates who refuse to do the fucking dishes. thinking of ways i can make simple ziti in it too.

>> No.5923947

>>5923886
>>5923889
You cant heat oil with dielectric heating.

>> No.5924010

>>5923865

I used one of these for my no knead bread. Comes out amazing.

>> No.5924014

>>5923947

you can if you add a little bit of water.