[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 61 KB, 453x668, tfw.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
5984064 No.5984064 [Reply] [Original]

>tfw McDouble for dinner a few nights a week

>tfw the McCrew starts recognizing you

>tfw getting judged by high-school-aged-fast-food-punks

>manager guy complimented my coat one time

>tfw you realize he was just fucking with you

>Why are they laughing?.png

>> No.5984092

My immediate family owns almost a dozen small, tin can cars. My dad works on them, etc. I used to work 3rd shift at a gas station and got off at 6am in a town where my only option to immediately eat hot food at that time was McDonald's. My brightly colored car was getting fixed by my dad, so I borrowed another one of the vehicles (same make/model, but white). I pulled up to the McDonald's drive thru to pay one morning and the girl says, "Oh, you painted your car!" She was genuinely trying to be nice and was surprised, but I was horrified. The McD's girl recognized my car. She recognized it was a different color. She recognized me. Oh, the shame. The utter shame. I acutely remember that devastating feel.

>> No.5984146

I went to McDonald's today and got a Filet-O-Fish combo with a bacon cheeseburger on the side. I was eating it in my vehicle in the parking lot and listening to an audiobook when I glanced up and saw the McDonald's worker I ordered outside having a cigarette.

She waved at me and I nodded and had to wait 7 minutes before she went back inside and I could eat in comfort again. I don't think that employees should be bothering or even trying to socialize with customers outside of the McDonald's restaurant or drive through, but that is another story.

I went to McDonald's for dinner tonight and got a McChicken combo with a bacon cheeseburger on the side. As I was driving to the second window the same girl was still working. She was acting somewhat obsequious and attempting small talk when she asked, 'why don't you come eat inside instead of in the parking lot where it is cold'.

That really bothered me for many reasons. First of all, I don't want my routine or actions to be tracked by a fast food employee. Secondly, she should not try to tell me how I should live my life. I do not want to eat inside because I find it less comfortable and would much rather be inside my vehicle listening to an audiobook and enjoying myself and my privacy.

Overall, I think it was very unprofessional to bring this up. I should have a clean slate with each drive through visit, not have to get the third degree because I committed some sort of faux pas. Which I don't think I did, because I often see people eating in fast food parking lots. How does she know I am not busy going to work or somewhere in a rush?

How do you feel about eating in your vehicle in the parking lot of a fast food restaurant versus eating inside the restaurant?

>> No.5984160

>>5984146

Eating in the vehicle is pretty sad, but eating alone inside is even sadder.

>> No.5984171

>>5984160

I like going in and browsing on my phone.

While I don't bother washing my hands before I eat, I must wash them after as the thought of grease on my steering wheel makes me cringe. Nice surface to grow bacteria cultures.

>> No.5984194

>>5984092
thats only mcdonalds though...Try going to your local convience store and they know the exact liquor you get everytime and then mention that they started ordering a second box of the same bottle of vodka I get every night just so they can keep in stock for me

>> No.5984207

>>5984160
Its not sad if you're dressed in business casual. People assume you're getting a bite to eat before your next important meeting.

I went to a local fast food eatery and watched a homeless man talk to his bag of things. He was going to visit santa clause at the mall, but needed to check the cat's food before going. It was entertaining but sad.

Also, every time I go to a fast food place, there is always someone eating in their car parked next to the door. Whats the deal with that?

>> No.5984227

>>5984146
you seem like a really wierd person, how many friends do you have?

>> No.5984228

>>5984207

I have a coworker who would do that back when he smoked. Go out to lunch and eat in the car.

I also used to smoke and would go out for lunch to smoke as well (not allowed on our property) but I always went inside.

Different strokes.

>> No.5984229
File: 58 KB, 645x773, 1415448167396.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

God I have this same problem but with Rallys
>go to Rally's every night after getting off work since it's the only place open at 3AM
>always order the $2 shirmp and chicken basket
>the guy at the window is this overly enthusiastic dude who thinks i'm his friend
>every night I pull up and he sees me and says "you want that shirmp and chicken basket buddy?"
>feel total shame as I sit alone eating in my car

>> No.5984231

>>5984194
same here liquor store knows I come in every week and buy a case of 211 steel reserve 40ozs i walk in and they grab it

>> No.5984237

>>5984229
buddy

>> No.5984240
File: 75 KB, 480x357, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5984146
>>5984227

>> No.5984241

>>5984146
>there are people on /ck/ right now who don't know about fatty mc autism

>> No.5984253
File: 54 KB, 312x312, 1415448176824.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5984231

>> No.5984255
File: 131 KB, 634x823, 568.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>live in a large midwestern city
>lots of fast food/casual dining establishments open/open late
>this never happens, although I don't eat fast food every day

It's the one thing I like about living in a city. Everything else is shit though. Concrete is fucking disgusting. I miss the trees.

>> No.5984261

>>5984253
ive been drinking it for years now, usually 2 a night

>> No.5984285

>>5984261

I went from 8-10 Millers (when full pleb) to 6-8 Corona/Heineken (still my go-to base beer) to 6 craft brews now. Each numbers for a typical night during different phases. I found as I increased the ABV, I decreased the volume I was drinking.

So I like to get my buzz on, but don't compromise taste. And my habits changed with rising income.

>> No.5984292

>>5984285
i honestly dont even taste it anymore, just drink it, i guess im just super used to it. and for like 24 bucks a case its a steal

>> No.5984300

>>5984207
>Also, every time I go to a fast food place, there is always someone eating in their car parked next to the door. Whats the deal with that?

A lot of people are not comfortable being seen while eating. I'm one of them, but it depends on the scenario. If I'm at a dinner with a few friends, fuck it. If I'm stopping at a fast food place because I'm too god damned hungry to wait to get home and then START cooking / finding something to scrounge together ASAP, I prefer to eat in my car. But there is no way in hell I'm parked by the door where there's plenty of foot traffic to see me as they pass by. Hell no, I park where there is absolutely no motion. This probably sounds "autistic", but I'm not. I'm actually very social (when the situation calls for it) and well liked by most people I converse with in my daily life.

>> No.5984306

>>5984255
>live in a large midwestern city
Chicago or St. Louis by chance?

>> No.5984314

>>5984292

That's the beauty of craft brews, there are so many to try. The Michigan Brewer's Guild has 4 yearly festivals with 100+ vendors and 700+ beers to try. It is an expensive indulgence.

>> No.5984316

>>5984306

Indianapolis. I lived in Chicago for about 6 months though a few years ago, around Wrigleyville. You around thereabouts?

>> No.5984336

>>5984229
>always order the $2 shirmp and chicken basket
there's your first problem. ordering shirmp from a fast food place.

>> No.5984340

>>5984336
popeyes shrimp and crawlfish are great though

>> No.5985419

>>5984300
>I'm actually very social (when the situation calls for it) and well liked by most people I converse with in my daily life.

This is what autists think.

>> No.5985438

>>5984146
>this post became instant pasta, as expected

For those of you who don't know, this was a thread posted a little while ago