Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

Due to resource constraints, /g/ and /tg/ will no longer be archived or available. Other archivers continue to archive these boards.Become a Patron!

/ck/ - Food & Cooking


View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
File: 2.99 MB, 450x240, pasta with blue cheese sauce.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
8141164 No.8141164 [Reply] [Original]

let's have a good and comfy webm thread, /ck/ related of course.


Post recipes if posible.

>> No.8141171
File: 993 KB, 640x640, foodcookie.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
8141171

>> No.8141186

>>8141171
I think I have trypophobia now

>> No.8141439

>>8141171
that's fucking cool

>> No.8142389

bump

>> No.8142456

>>8141164
Those are some fat macaroni noodles.

>> No.8142576
File: 2.79 MB, 500x280, Nachos.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
8142576

>> No.8142580
File: 2 KB, 136x91, palm.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
8142580

>>8142456
>noodles
This is meant to be a board for people with a little knowledge about food.

>> No.8142615

>>8142576
That was almost as ghetto as the infamous mexican drowned nachos.

>> No.8142698

>>8142576
welll at least he layered it.

>> No.8142751

>>8142576
this is spain lmao

which part?

>> No.8144121
File: 2.37 MB, 640x640, 1468142060875.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
8144121

why arent these threads popular anymore?

>> No.8144172

>>8144121
originally these threads were made in order to shitpost about jack, now you get perma banned if you post them so they no longer force these kind of threads.

>> No.8144191
File: 2.94 MB, 500x280, 1465082116008.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
8144191

>>8144172
jack is disgusting though, and there are a lot of webms out there

>> No.8144206

>>8141164
>Using large, open pasta without any meats or filling with the sauce

Why not just use standard macaroni?

>> No.8144230

>>8144172
Literally no fun allowed

>> No.8144235
File: 2.93 MB, 600x338, 1467216352890.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
8144235

>>8144206
I don't think its supposed to be mac and cheese also
I think its supposed to be a starter

>> No.8144347

>>8141164

>throwing away the pasta water
>using ridiculously wide open noodles with that kind of sauce

JUST

>> No.8144363
File: 2.76 MB, 800x450, 30 day ribeye.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
8144363

>> No.8144369
File: 2.97 MB, 800x450, 1468195267869.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
8144369

>>8144363
noice

>> No.8144704

>>8144121
I may sound fat but the things I would do to have that hot and gooey cheese slathered all over my face

>> No.8144734

>>8144235
Using a pasta like that with a smooth and creamy sauce just shows you don't know pasta. The best pasta for catching a smooth sauce is something like fettuccine.

>> No.8144748

>>8144369
Looks dry as fuck

>> No.8144781
File: 2.93 MB, 640x360, 1456370085817.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
8144781

>>8144734
while thats true enough, like I said I think it was meant to be a starter which is why there's like ten pieces of 'interesting for the sauce' shaped pasta

>> No.8144825

>>8144781
Just drinking my morning coffee because I wasn't hungry when I woke up.

One minute later I'm starving and have a mouth full of saliva.

10/10

>> No.8144842

>>8141171
What's he putting on the cookie? pls no bully i am poor

>> No.8144845

>>8141171
looks great

doing more than about twenty of them might get a bit trying though

>> No.8144850

>>8144235
>here is your thousand calorie sandwich sir
>now eat up and then get back to your desk job

no wonder everyone is fat

>> No.8144851

>>8141171
>for batches larger than 1 dozen, please order 2 weeks in advance

>> No.8144854

>>8144235
I was cool with this until he chopped up the fucking FRIES

>> No.8144855

>>8144121
is that one dish or is it like a sampler cheese dip appetizer platter? because that is a fuckton of cheese

>> No.8144856

>>8144734
what kind of logic is that? if you have a nice sauce pasta like that is best because of the high surface area

>> No.8144860

>>8144363
what exactly IS this?

>> No.8144864

>>8144856
The strand-shaped pastas get evenly coated with a smooth sauce while tubular pasta of that size is better for trapping something chunky. The large tubes just don't catch an even cream sauce that well.

>>8144860
An aged piece of beef (prime rib?) that gets broken down into steaks.

>> No.8144868

>>8144748

didn't know the blind could post on 4chan

>> No.8144911
File: 55 KB, 512x512, A_qCMjGG.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
8144911

>>8142456
>>8144347
>noodles
This board is for people with little knowledge about food

>> No.8144967
File: 2.91 MB, 472x796, 1465541570054.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
8144967

>>8144911
you will have to excuse them
they are american

>> No.8145002

>>8144121
because they will always be followed by ja/ck/ whenever we start these threads

>> No.8145009

>>8144967
What the fuck is that???

>> No.8145020
File: 58 KB, 480x480, 1473099168761.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
8145020

>>8144851
thanks for the laugh, anon

>> No.8145023 [DELETED] 
File: 2.99 MB, 676x872, rapefugees vs QT314 racoons.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
8145023

feeding time!

>> No.8145031

>>8144967
This video never fails to make me sit with my mouth wide open and utterly disgusted

jesus christ

we need to reset civilization

>> No.8145036

>>8145002
It's bullshit anyway.
These threads belong /tv/.

>> No.8145042

>>8141164

That looks like shit...

>> No.8145069

>>8144781
My favourite part is at 0:26 where he just grabs that ball of meat and fuck it up with his hands

>> No.8145071

>>8144191
not even 100% sure what that is, but i want one

>> No.8145073

>>8144842
icing

>> No.8145116

>>8145071
I think they're takoyaki/octopus balls
https://youtu.be/PHDmVhShE80

>> No.8145125

>>8144967
those "people" should consider suicide

>> No.8145151

>>8144363
is the meat that he trims off spoiled or just too dry to use?

>> No.8145157

>>8144967

Oh God I can't stop laughing. This is a joke right.

>> No.8145171

>>8144967
What the fuck is the cubed shit she puts on after the chips from the first pot.

Is it diced onion? If so that is even more disgusting
>Flavorless mushy onion

>> No.8145385

>>8142576
Useless demonstration. You have to have Downs to need this video to make basic nachos.

>>8144235
Why the black gloves ?

>> No.8145404

pasta = noodles

>> No.8145416

>>8145404
Hahahahah NO

>> No.8145418

>>8145416
ummm yeah

>> No.8145421

Serious question. What the fuck is wrong with brits (and maybe americans?) calling noodles to every single type of pasta? They have different names for a reason, you know? Do you also call the pasta on your lasagna noodles?

>> No.8145425

>>8145069
That's pulled pork, son.

Typically, you'd have a slow-cooked pork shoulder the size of your head and you'd shred the entire thing with forks to serve on buns or tortillas with sauce and some sort of crispy/crunchy veggie.

>> No.8145430

>>8145385
>Why the black gloves ?
They're probably heat-resistant (I hope if he's working a grill with them on), but he also might be in one of those pants-on-head retarded states that require food workers to use gloves.

>> No.8145432

>>8145421
They're lasagna noodles

All pasta is noodles

>> No.8145434

>>8145421
Serious question: Why do you care?

"Noodle" has a particular definition, and if there are retards who call all pasta noodles, why entertain them and try to convince them that their ways are wrong?

What do you hope to gain?

I don't stop at every other intersection yell "You shouldn't be homeless!" at every bum on the corner.

>> No.8145439
File: 9 KB, 737x157, noodle.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
8145439

>>8145432
Then what do you call noodles? Noodles noodles?
>>8145434
Because as a pasta lover and someone that likes to call things by it's name correctly, it triggers me.

>> No.8145441

>>8145071
1 piece 1 euro.

>> No.8145442

>>8145439
Depends

What kind of noodles are you talking about? Soba? Udon? Linguine?

>> No.8145449

>>8145442
Linguine isn't noodles, it's pasta...
Just forget it...

>> No.8145452

>>8145449
>pasta is a noodle made from an unleavened dough of a durum wheat flour mixed with water or eggs and formed into sheets or various shapes, then cooked by boiling or baking

we are in agreement

>> No.8145462

>>8145452
No we're not. Pasta is NOT a noodle. Pasta is pasta and noodles are noodles.
Pasta is italian and noodles are mainly used in asian cuisine, but their origins are german.
We use different names in order to differrenciate. If I go to Japan, for example, and ask for ramen pasta they're going to look at me and laugh in my face.

>> No.8145468
File: 79 KB, 800x600, Farfalle.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
8145468

Hey people, this is noodles now.

>> No.8145472

>>8144121
where is this from and what is it called?

>> No.8145488

>>8145462
Noodles are a generic term for pasta

Pasta strictly refers to italian noodles

>> No.8145497

>>8145462
but if you go to italy and find some people who speak english, nobody would look at you funny if you asked for lasagne noodles

>their origins are german
pasta is like step two after bread
every culture has their own set of grains that have become bread and or noodles

I'd love to see a source on any of the information you're giving

>> No.8145504

>>8145488
>>8145497
I guess we can join this 2 pages and call it list of pasta then, right?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_pasta
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_noodles

>> No.8145507

>>8145504
>Pasta is a staple food of traditional Italian cuisine, which comes in many forms. Typically, pasta is a noodle made from an unleavened dough of a durum wheat flour mixed with water or eggs and formed into sheets or various shapes, then cooked by boiling or baking.

>> No.8145510

>>8145507
Congrats, you can quote wikipedia phrases that anyone can edit!

>> No.8145511

>>8145504
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_pasta
Like he said
pasta is just a type of noodle
not all noodles are pasta

you sound like the kind of kid who got confused about squares being a type of rectangle

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_noodles#Italian
notice how they link directly to the list of pasta within the list of noodles
please understand that this means that pasta is just a type of noodle

>> No.8145515

>>8145510
>anyone can edit
why do people still use this as an excuse
honestly, stop pretending that it's not a giant organization of people who work around the clock to make sure that information is accurate and properly cited

you're the one who brought up wikipedia anyway

>> No.8145516

>>8144850
>implying that's only 1000 calories
>implying that sandwich is standard lunch fare for most people

>> No.8145517

>>8145171
looks like hominy, it's in mexico

>> No.8145522

>>8144235
Where is this monstrosity sold?

>> No.8145524

>>8145515
I brought a list, not phrases.
>>8145511
OK, let's assume that pasta is just a type of noodle. Do you call lasagna or gravagna noodles? Because noodles aren't flat, they always have some kind of roud or cilindrical shape.

>> No.8145526

>>8145524
>Because noodles aren't flat, they always have some kind of roud or cilindrical shape

also wrong

>> No.8145528

>>8145526
Show me a type of noodle that is totally flat, then. They need to have 90º edges.

>> No.8145533

To me "pasta" is a dish containing noodles. like "I went to a restaurant that has great pasta, and have spaghetti there".
You ate pasta, sure, but the things on your plate covered in sauce were noodles.
I don't say to someone "want to have some noodles at my place?" because that sound like a 4 year old. i'd say "want to have pasta". That doesn't change the fact that macaroni, spaghetti,lasagne,penne,etc are all "noodles".

>> No.8145541

>>8145528
Lasagne
Linguine
Fettucine
Mee pok
Chow fun
etc

>> No.8145550
File: 66 KB, 889x583, Egg_noodles[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
8145550

>>8145524
>I brought a list, not phrases.
he quoted directly from the link you shared

>noodles aren't flat
they can be
please give me some sort of source that says they can't
I'll give you this image of egg noodles

>> No.8145558

>>8145533
>i'd say "want to have pasta"
I would say yes and when I arrive at your place and see you are serving me noodles I would leave because they taste differently.
It's also only in english that this happens, too. I'm portuguese and we call noodles noodles and pasta 'massa'. Then we use the different names to differenciate the types of pasta.
>>8145541
>still thinking that lasagne is a noodle
Hey, let's do some ramen with lasagne. Thing should be fun!
>>8145550
That's not noodles, that's fettuccine, a type of pasta.

>> No.8145562

>>8145171
Could be onion or corn or .... cheese curds?

>> No.8145566

>>8145558
>Hey, let's do some ramen with lasagne. Thing should be fun!

Nah, you would probably use long and thin noodles for that.

I don't know why you're being so autistic about this. Pasta is just italian noodles.

>> No.8145574
File: 14 KB, 1152x648, Noodles and Pasta.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
8145574

>>8145558
this might help you a bit.

>> No.8145577

>>8145558
>that's fettuccine, a type of pasta
they were described as wide, uncooked egg noodles
taken from wikipedia's entry on noodles

you've yet to give any source on where you're getting your information about the differences between noodles and pasta
my information was taken from wikipedia

>> No.8145581

>>8145566
>thin
>autistic
Looks like you are the one being autistic. Are soba noodles thin?
>>8145574
But the ones in the middle aren't even of german nor asian origin. How do you explain that and the fact that it seems like this naming only happens in english?
>>8145577
>herderp pasta is noodles and noodles is pasta

>> No.8145585

>>8144781
Where is this magic place?

>> No.8145588
File: 182 KB, 500x366, c5cab48211c30538_3536670998_6de2b1143d_z.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
8145588

>>8145581
>Are soba noodles thin?

Yes

>> No.8145595

>>8145581
>How do you explain that and the fact that it seems like this naming only happens in english?

Well, this is an English-language board and we're all speaking in English here so I'm not sure how the origin matters. What matters here is what people call them in English.

>> No.8145597

>>8145581
>herderp pasta is noodles and noodles is pasta
you're doing the internet equivalent of putting your fingers in your ears and shouting "LALALALALA" at the top of your lungs

if you have an IQ over 80, you should be able to solve this
squares:rectangles :: pasta: noodles

while culinary guys like >>8145574 are technically correct, I'd say that all pasta are just noodles from a purely connotation derived standpoint

>> No.8145600
File: 2.64 MB, 264x240, 1420587516716.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
8145600

>>8145439
>Because as a pasta lover and someone that likes to call things by it's name correctly, it triggers me.

Get a life.

>> No.8145602

>>8145588
Sorry, I meant udon.
>>8145595
So because it's named like that in english it means it is that? Original naming and other languages don't count? OK then.

>> No.8145606

>>8145439
Thanks for derailing the thread, asshole.

>> No.8145608

>>8145602
>Original naming and other languages don't count?
Only if you're speaking those languages

Which we aren't

Because this is a website hosted in the United States for an English speaking crowd

>> No.8145611

>>8145602
You could have udon in ramen if you wanted i suppose

>Original naming and other languages don't count?

There is no such thing

>> No.8145622

>>8145606
You're welcome, OP.
>>8145597
So you say dough and pasta are the same thing. Therefore I guess you would call bread noodles too because bread is dough which is the same as pasta which is the same as noodles. Correct?
>>8145608
You forgot that this is an anime image board based on 2ch and it is run by asians.
>>8145611
Udon ramen exists, dude, it's not a matter of 'you could'.
>only english matters
I guess you can't argue with americans nor brits, I guess.

>> No.8145624

>>8145622
>Udon ramen exists

Yeah but it's shit.

Udon are the worst type of noodle

>> No.8145631

>>8145624
>it's shit because I don't like it
Nice.

>> No.8145636

>>8145622
>You forgot that this is an anime image board based on 2ch and it is run by asians
And the word noodle is german in origin, that doesn't mean that soba, udon, ramen, and Bánh canh are all german simply because we call them noodles

my point is that in a different language, the language or origin means less than what the native speakers find the meaning in

>> No.8145639

>>8145622
>So you say dough and pasta are the same thing
you're making things up because you can't actually argue

pathetic

squares:rectangles :: pasta:noodles

>> No.8145642

>>8145636
It still doesn't mean that you can call noodles to pasta and pasta to noodles.
>>8145639
>:
What are you dividing and what for?

>> No.8145649

>>8145642
Yes you can

Squares are to rectangles as pasta is to noodles

>> No.8145650
File: 2.94 MB, 600x480, Happy Birthday.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
8145650

>> No.8145653

>>8145642
>It still doesn't mean that you can call noodles to pasta and pasta to noodles.
squares:rectangles :: pasta:noodles

>What are you dividing and what for?
It's device commonly used in tests of logic, particularly those to study intelligence
if you can't figure it out, you might have a low IQ

>> No.8145658

In English, the best language in the world as chosen by everyone. (hint, its why everyone wants to live in glorious white countries with English speaking people everywhere) we use the word "noodle" to mean pasta. I've never met someone in my life who was confused by the word noodle being used to describe any variation of pasta. I get that in your language you have other words or something, and I get that >>8145574 is correct. But please understand, every grocery store and restaurant and person i've met in north america knows what i mean if i say noodle to refer to "pasta" shapes

>> No.8145664

>>8145649
No you can't.

A square and a rectangle have different names because they are different things, just like noodles and pasta.
Imagine you open a cup of instant noodles just to find spaghetti inside. You can't complain because according to you that's noodles.
>>8145653
>Using things used in tests of knowledge in a cooking board

>> No.8145672

>>8145664
All squares are rectangles, but not all rectangles are squares

All pasta is noodles, but not all noodles are pasta

>> No.8145677

>>8145664
>having a problem with people introducing logic to arguments
you might have a low IQ

>> No.8145679

>>8145672
checkmate autist

>> No.8145681

>>8145664
As been said many times, noodles are the generic term for many things while pasta would denote a specific Italian version. Why is it so hard for you to understand?

>> No.8145689

>>8145672
Ravioli are noodles?

>> No.8145690

>>8145689
filled pasta noodles

>> No.8145691

>>8145658
>English, the best language in the world as chosen by everyone
I guess it was chosed as the universal language because it is the easiest one to learn.
> every grocery store and restaurant and person i've met in north america knows what i mean if i say noodle to refer to "pasta" shapes
What if I want udon noodles but only say noodles? They are going to assume I want pasta, I suppose?
>>8145672
>squares and rectangles have the same measurement
ayy, let me screencap this!
>>8145681
Because it doesn't make any fucking sense! If I want spaghetti I won't refer to it as noodles. Just imagine doing a shopping list for someone and you write noodles. What are they going to get? Lasagna? Because according to what you're saying, lasagna is noodles.

>> No.8145693
File: 14 KB, 250x250, Nope.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
8145693

>>8145650

>> No.8145698

>>8145691
It doesn't make since if you're a foreigner? Are you a foreigner?

>> No.8145701

Americans are all insane.

>> No.8145703

>asked to pick up some bread from the grocery store
>be a retard and deliberately bring home some lavash instead of asking for clarification, or more likely already knowing exactly what kind of bread to get

ah yes

>> No.8145704

>>8145698
It has nothing to do with being one or not and from or to what country. Are we being racist now?>>8145690
JUST

>> No.8145707

>>8145704
it has to do with you being a retard about a language you don't speak particularly well

>> No.8145712

>>8145151

its the brown oxidized part of the meat that tastes like butthole

>> No.8145715

>>8145707
>you're not native, so you're wrong and I'll be racist
Yes, I'm portuguese and living in England. Guess what, even the brits working at the same place as me say I speak better english then them due to the fact that they swallow the end of words, cut sentences and use tons of slang instead of proper english. Do I care? No, because I'm not racist and I see everyone as being just pieces of meat.

>> No.8145719

>>8145715
Ah yes how is working at Pret then? Enjoying the free sandwiches?

>> No.8145722

>>8145715
Are you saying there are no generic words in Portuguese?

>> No.8145734

>>8145719
Who says that's what I work in?
>>8145722
We call dough and pasta 'massa', but you can also refer to anything italian to pasta instead of 'massa'. That's because that way you can differenciate dough from pasta.
We call noodles to noodles, not pasta, nor pasta noodles.
So yeah, everything has a different name.

>> No.8145736

>>8145734
So when somebody ask you to buy tea, do you go, "Do you mean Orange Pekoe, Earl Grey, Oolong, Pu-erh, Masala Chai..." etc, etc. Or do you just buy whatever the fuck you usually buy in the house?

>> No.8145738

>webm thread
>129 posts by 55 people, only 11 webms to show for it

>> No.8145745

>>8145736
I ask what kind of tea, since the person in question could want something different from the usual thing.

>> No.8145746

>>8145738
>complains about the lack of webms
>doesn't post webms
maybe the reason we're not posting webms is the same reason you're not posting webms

>> No.8145747

>>8145745
The same thing with noodles. Nobody is confused except for you. If they want something specific, they would buy that or what is the default noodles for their household.

>> No.8145756

>>8145747
Not really. If someone asks me to buy, they don't call noodles to pasta nor pasta to noodles. They call things by their names, like rice noodles, spaghetti, cannelloni, lasagne sheets, etc.

>> No.8145758

>>8145691
If you walk into a grocery store and say "i want noodles" they'll probably just die laughing at your awkward autism t bh. lol

If you gave me a list for the grocery store
>implying
and put "noodles" on it, I'd likely get macaroni and spaghetti, since those are the most commonly used ones where I live. It makes perfect sense.
Squares and rectangles don't have the same measurements, are you even listening?
Also on those notes, if English is so easy to learn, why are you so bad at it?

>> No.8145765

>>8144967
Momma, make it stop!
It has only just begun, child!

>> No.8145766

>>8145756
>rice noodles

Do you mean fen, bun or kuy teav?

>> No.8145768

>>8145758
>I'd likely get macaroni and spaghetti
And when you came back I would tell you I wouldn't pay for it and you should go back because you didn't buy me noodles, you bought me macaroni and spaghetti. It might be the common ones in your area, but not in the rest of the world.
Are you even reading?

>> No.8145771

>>8145650
Why would you post this in a /ck/ thread? At least it doesn't have sound. That would have ruined my day.

>> No.8145774

>>8145766
>implying I go to the asian supermarket and not to the asian section of the brit one

>> No.8145775

>>8145768
Macaroni and spaghetti are noodles

>> No.8145776

>>8145775
You can't meme me anymore, sorry. You can leave now.

>> No.8145779

>>8145774
Please be more specific. You're confusing people.

>> No.8145784

>>8145768
implying i'd go for you at all, implying i'd spend money and "hope" for a portugese to pay me back, you guys are a step above jews for being cheap, lol.
At the store here, it literally says "noodles" on elbow macaroni and spaghetti. If you wanted some obscure weeaboo shit for making anime ramen you would have to specify that. I'm reading just fine, I'm merely trying to help you understand the language.

>> No.8145797

>>8145472
>>8144855
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raclette#Dish

>> No.8145802

>>8145779
You can leave too, you can't meme me anymore.
Also, it's dinner time.
>>8145784
Another memer that never went to Portugal and will never know the wonderfull flavors and nice people we have. Sure, most of them are pieces of shit when living in other countries, but it doesn't really happen in our country, at least in the centre and south. That's why people love to go on holidays. That and because everything is cheap if you're using GBP or USD.
>At the store here
>here
Here isn't everywhere. Even in britland it doesn't say noodles on spaghetti nor pasta on noodles.
>obscure weeaboo shit
Now noodles are weeb...

>> No.8145806

>>8145802
>holidays

Which holiday? Please be more specific?

>> No.8145820

>>8145797
thanks anon

>> No.8145823
File: 1002 KB, 640x476, Sandwich.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
8145823

>>8141164

>> No.8145826

>>8145802
I guess since you're one of them you think they're "nice people". But for me, every one of them I've met has been sort of...like you lol...

Here is north america, which is basically everywhere, because its where everyone hopes to someday live. Also, I didn't say noodles were weeb, I merely implied that you sound like someone who would be a weeb because you're autistic af
Besides british are actually pretty bad at English, i mean they call trucks "lorries" and shit, lol. They say "time for tea" and go eat a meal. I guess I understand how you're getting so confused

>> No.8145976
File: 2.56 MB, 800x450, Tasting Menu - Jacques La Merde.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
8145976

>> No.8145986

>>8145976
>Eating at Noma

>> No.8146021
File: 2.84 MB, 480x360, spaghetti go round.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
8146021

>this thread

>> No.8146542

>>8145421
Britbong here. I have never heard anyone except Americans call pasta "noodles" at all.

>> No.8146554

>>8146542
This, I'm aware of "noodles" being a generic term for boiled dough, but it was an American thing to my ear.

>> No.8146583

why is ja/ck/ banned? he's /ck/ related

>> No.8146597

>>8146583
It got out of control. I kind of miss the threads though, he's one of my favorite people to see made fun of/roasted

>> No.8146604

>>8146021
I don't know anymore

>> No.8146606

Anyone got the one of the cinnamon/brown sugar apple "flower petal" dessert roll?

>> No.8146967

>>8146597
Has he ever reacted to us making fun of him?

Or does just turn off comments?

>> No.8147103

>>8145624
Udon can be thick or thin. There's three famous types of udon in Japan and the thin Inaniwa udon could totally be used in ramen.

>> No.8147136

>>8146021

This is me when my workplace crush asks for my help.

>> No.8147154

>>8146967
comments are disabled on the video i'm pretty sure. if you go to his youtube page though, there is a comments section with a bit of hidden comedy gold

>> No.8147186

>>8147154
>look up his channel
>he has several million views on his videos
What the fuck. He can't be THAT famous.

>> No.8147856

>>8147186
Partly why I stopped watching, I don't like the idea of that fat fuck making money off the channel when he can't even cook or make a good video.
Honestly though, I don't know how he got that many views...

>> No.8147873

>>8144369
Deep fried stuffed pork loin. Annoyed by the way the guy holds his knife wrong.

>> No.8147877
File: 1.44 MB, 480x320, IMG_1021(2).webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
8147877

Shaky cam but hope anon likes results. http://www.modemac.com/wiki/Nana_Pacittos_Homemade_Pasta_Sauce

>> No.8147919

>>8147877
would eat with NOODLES/10

>> No.8147936

>>8147877
liquidy

>> No.8147962

>>8145430
Or they are diving gloves/tattooist gloves because he dermatitis from ingredients/chemicals.

I knew two chefs that had to stop because of that.

>> No.8147969
File: 2.37 MB, 640x360, 1447015568268.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
8147969

>> No.8147970
File: 734 KB, 636x358, 1447105801742.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
8147970

>> No.8147976
File: 2.47 MB, 302x514, 1470798003384_2.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
8147976

>> No.8147979
File: 2.10 MB, 720x720, 1466940011722.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
8147979

>> No.8147980

>>8147969
WIN.

>> No.8148035

>>8147979
i truely wonder about american doughs

>> No.8148040

>>8147979
>>>/facebook/

>> No.8148041

>>8142751
Actually, I think it's Argentina - or at least I've seen that exact oregano container many times here.

>> No.8148047
File: 2.94 MB, 426x426, so delicious.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
8148047

>>8148040

>> No.8148052

>>8148047
Looks lovely.
Bacon is Hubbys favorite too!

>> No.8148059
File: 1.11 MB, 640x360, 1473148421414.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
8148059

>> No.8148078

>>8147970
that looked painful

>> No.8148081

>>8148078
I just want to know what it tastes like.

>> No.8148091

>>8144967
Jesus fucking christ no wonder why some americans are overweight that is both disgusting and overkill!

Honestly...coming from a very curious brit, why is everything ramped up in size over there?

>> No.8148097

>>8148047
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=HfiRQ7jV3i8
this is like a more edible version

>> No.8148101

>>8148091
that's mexico, not the US. and not quite everything is gigantic there, just most of it.

>> No.8148130

>>8148091

That's mexican, not american.

>why is everything ramped up in size over there?

What I've come to understand is that it's because food in general is so cheap here. When immigrants came over from Europe (and elsewhere) they kind of went crazy with portion sizes because, why not? It was easily affordable.

>> No.8148132

>>8148059
The heartattack special

>> No.8148371

>>8142576
>Hacendado

>> No.8148385

>>8144967
#obsessed

>> No.8148388
File: 259 KB, 1198x1200, 1473265002019.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
8148388

>>8148047
Why not season the ground meat and kneading it? Why only season the top?

>> No.8149033
File: 1.99 MB, 640x360, alineaaaaaa.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
8149033

>> No.8149112
File: 2.63 MB, 600x325, 1.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
8149112

>> No.8149116
File: 2.56 MB, 600x325, 2.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
8149116

>> No.8149129
File: 2.86 MB, 600x325, 3.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
8149129

>> No.8149130
File: 137 KB, 1100x728, 8981471_orig.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
8149130

can you literally make a puree out of anything in order to make the dish more appealing?

>pea and lamb
>mushroom and chicken
>lemon and fish
>beetroot and duck

>> No.8149134
File: 1.63 MB, 600x325, 4.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
8149134

>> No.8149152

>>8146021
that's a lot of spaghetti noodles

>> No.8149175

>>8149152
I like mine with chocolate Hershey bars

>> No.8149212

>>8149033
I get that at a certain point it's all about presentation and that can be a valid thing and all.. but jesus fuck that seems stupid.

>> No.8149240

>>8146021
>not naming it noodle go round
MISSED OPPORTUNITY

>> No.8149368

>>8149129
>>8149116
>>8149112
nice

>> No.8149379

>>8148371
fucking KEK

>> No.8149417

>>8149134
what is this from plz plz plz

>> No.8149431

>>8148059
>salt

>> No.8149439

>>8149417
Eat Drink Man Woman.

>> No.8149441
File: 2.36 MB, 1280x720, Jay Eating Fried Chicken.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
8149441

>> No.8149443
File: 1.76 MB, 480x480, 1473374932312.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
8149443

>>8149441

>> No.8149447
File: 2.97 MB, 900x506, 1474410556962.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
8149447

>>8149443

>> No.8149452
File: 37 KB, 600x528, 140.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
8149452

>>8142456
You're a comical genius

>> No.8149455

>>8144121
I am DIAMONDS right now.

>> No.8149457

>>8142580

macaroni are noodles you dumb nigger

>> No.8149468

>>8144121
Barely any new content. I'd make some more myself but I've exhausted all the videos I knew already and I haven't seen anything good in ages.

>> No.8149476
File: 2.97 MB, 480x360, cheung fun.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
8149476

>> No.8149477

>>8144121

It's all the same fucking videos. And then Jack supporting fuckups post revolting food webms and then argue with the rational people who call them faggots. Then that one BBQ sampler plater gif gets posted, Australians make a few "why do americans..." post and the thread ends with couple racial slurs.

Now repeat this exact same procedure every 3~4 days.

>> No.8149502
File: 2.72 MB, 360x640, 1465553232265.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
8149502

>>8149468
>>8149477
this is true, but I try to post as many new/rare ones that I have

>> No.8149503

>>8149439
thx

>> No.8149512

>>8149476
is this supposed to look good or even impressive?

>> No.8149524

>>8149512
No.

>> No.8149525

>>8146021
what exactly is the point of this machine? It looks like the noodles are all just getting dumped into huge tubs below it...

>> No.8149544
File: 2.72 MB, 500x281, iceberg.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
8149544

>>8149525
I have no clue, I just found it while looking through shitty food machinery marketing.

>> No.8149565

>>8149476
What kind of noodle is this supposed to be?

>> No.8149566

>>8149112
fucking hated this movie, but the cooking scenes were nice. Why does every movie about food have to be so pretentious?

>> No.8149570

>>8149525
those things are used to get same sized portions, each of those pots on the site measure the weight. they are used for a lot of products.

>> No.8149572

>>8149544

this vid annoys the fuck out of me because there appears to be so many unnecessary steps and belts. I'm not a fucking scientist but it seems very redundant

>> No.8149573

Christ what a terrible fucking thread. Same webms as always, this time with shitty conversation

>> No.8149574

>>8144842
royal icing, look it up ezpz

>> No.8149577

just meat and cheese my shit up familam

>> No.8149578

>>8149525

It's a packaging machine. The channels they slide down lead to scales ande a central computer weighs each scale and opens just enough of them to make the specified amount of pasta fall down into heat sealed plastic wrap, then the blade that cut and heat sealed the bottom of that package swings around again to cut and heat seal the top edge, making a sealed package of pasta.

>> No.8149579

>>8149502
what the

>> No.8149587
File: 2.68 MB, 600x336, 1465604524772.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
8149587

>>8149579
he does it every single day, nothing but omurice
he has it perfected
its a japanese thing

heres another omurice by another different guy

>> No.8149590

>>8149587
that's just disgusting

>> No.8149594
File: 1.45 MB, 326x256, 1464979045321.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
8149594

>>8149590
what is with americans and wanting overcooked eggs, thats perfect

>> No.8149597
File: 54 KB, 400x237, 1309331682201.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
8149597

>>8149594
I'm Lebanese you dunce, and undercooked eggs are fucking disgusting

>> No.8149607
File: 254 KB, 900x1188, noice.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
8149607

>>8149597
dont care, you are a child who cant handle flavour and ideal texture

>> No.8149611

>>8149607
>goo
>"""ideal""" texture

Hang yourself

>> No.8149617
File: 1.02 MB, 640x360, 1463617539546.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
8149617

>>8149611
you can clearly see the curds, residual heat is a thing
it was freaking steaming
its cooked but not overcooked to the point of protiens denaturing and tuning into water

nub

>> No.8149628

>>8147979
I hate this bullshit and I can't understand why people share this shit on facebook.

>> No.8149630

>>8149590

I said the same thing about your mother's pussy but I still smashed it anyways

>> No.8149639

>>8145672
thank you for finally posting this, as a slowpoke that just found the thread

>> No.8149640

>>8149611
Barely set creamy egg is good man, you should try it.

>> No.8149645
File: 1.25 MB, 1280x720, smoke bomb.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
8149645

>> No.8149652
File: 654 KB, 640x360, it's just gazpacho.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
8149652

>>8149617
Christ. Still, if you're trying to introduce someone that fucked up to vegetables surely a boiled brussel sprout is just about the worst possible choice?

>> No.8149711

>>8148035
It's biscuit dough. They all have that consistency whether thump thump or homemade. Thump thumps are shit biscuits, though. Best to just use them for things other than their intended purpose.

>> No.8149728

>>8142576
Who cuts hamburger meat like that? Plus white cheese = out of date. Get your shit out of here.

>> No.8149735

>>8148047
I thought jackposting was illegal

>> No.8149744

>>8149728
>hamburger meat

anon, I'm pretty sure that's bacon

>> No.8149767

>>8149565
it's rice noodle roll
very tasty

>> No.8149803
File: 3 KB, 116x94, images.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
8149803

>>8147969

>> No.8149805

>>8149112
>just holding the fish over the hot oil while you splash it with hot oil
I think the #1 reason I never became a chef (aside from sucking) is because I'm a pansy scared of heat or getting burned

Every time I watch a cooking show and the chefs are just casually touching hot grills and waving their hands in the flames to see if they're "hot enough", I wince.

>> No.8149826

>>8149652
muh shock therapy

Also it's TLC.
They are long overdue on renaming themselves as The Reality Trash Show Channel.

>> No.8149834

>>8141164

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5z3jZfyCa_U

>> No.8149902

>>8145585
La Barbecue in Austin, Texas.

>> No.8150105

>>8145650
>>8145693
>>8145771
W-what is it?

>> No.8150155

>>8145658
fuck /pol/'s even invaded /fat/

>> No.8150209

>>8150105
you asked for it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZMX6H6YY1M

>> No.8150239
File: 6 KB, 224x188, f4Fpsu9.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
8150239

>>8149447

>> No.8150534

>>8150209
fuck you

>> No.8150555

>>8145976
wtf is this pretentious garbage?

>> No.8150562

>>8145441
Could probably get 1 piece to 1 dollar if you had the business in San Francisco and marketed them as Artisanal Ethnic Octopus Takoyaki

>> No.8150568

>>8149594
>overcooked eggs
It's called COOKED eggs. Some of that egg is raw.

>> No.8150570

>>8149617
>protiens denaturing
AKA cooking

>> No.8150588

>>8142576
Please tell me this wasn't fucking Jack again.

>> No.8150591

>>8141164

This is some amateur hour fucking shit, what are you thinking reposting crap like that?

>>8145524
>>8145533
>>8145566
>>8145595
>>8145658


This is some retarded shit right here. Noodle is just a German word. Americans sometimes use it to refer to all kinds of pasta and the like, because of the huge numbers of Germans who emigrated to the US. It isn't an appropriate use outside of the USA, no British English speaker would ever refer to pasta as being a kind of noodle.

>> No.8150597

>>8144235
Looks good but I'd probably feel like puking for a couple hours after finishing one.

>> No.8150605

>>8149447
So with all the shit added, he cant be arsed to use normal, actual buns and real sausage?

>> No.8150610

>>8149431
>salt

My thoughts exactly.
And then the olive oil with the glug of balsamic vinegar. Disgusting.

>> No.8150612

>>8149447
Triggered.

>> No.8150615

>>8150570
Ever had overcooked scrambled eggs that fell apart in your mouth and were swimming in a pool of liquid?

There's such a thing as being too denatured.

>> No.8150617

>>8150568
I know you don't really know anything about cooking, but the thing about eggs, and many other foods, is that they keep cooking after you put them on the plate.

If eggs look done in the pan, they will be overdone on the plate.

>> No.8150660

>>8149566

how in the fuck was it remotely pretentious? it was a really simple story, about familial relationships, and everything was done conventionally. what the fuck was pretentious about it?

>> No.8150665

>>8150615

it's nowhere near as simple as the proteins being 'too denatured'. the proteins didn't 'turn into water', water within the gel leached out as it contracted.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syneresis_(chemistry)

>> No.8150667

>>8141171
thats cool and all but that color scheme is aweful

>> No.8150670
File: 141 KB, 953x594, monet-gardens-5_1-xlarge_trans++TYwr1_RouJycn4mRKjIBXd8F0G-9SZ_fXbrzWjN_CwQ.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
8150670

>>8150667

>> No.8150678

>>8144191
i could eat so much fucking takoyaki right now

>> No.8150684

>>8150670
that's better

>> No.8150697

>>8149652
almost as if they were trying to make good tv instead of healing someone

>> No.8150710

>>8144781
>constipation

>> No.8150742

>>8144967
30 bucks this is in either San Fran or Commiefornia.

30 MORE bucks she got a useless degree in a Liberal Arts college.

A HUNDRED FIFTY BUCKS says this shit sells for a hundred fifty bucks to rich hipsters for their twitter.

God, I want to kill all the liberals so bad.

>> No.8150760

>>8150742

>inserting politics into literally everything

>> No.8150778

>>8150742
This is some serious paranoia.

>> No.8150784

>>8149572
It seems that way not because you're not a scientist, but because you're not an engineer. These systems are built to exacting specifications and any and all "unecessary steps" are cut down, removed or otherwise made more effective, because that 1% efficiency increase really starts to stack up when you're already packaging 100,000 packets of pasta daily.

>> No.8150819

>>8145976
kek

>> No.8150832

>>8150742

It's trash food in Mexico, you stupid fuck. I take it my $210 is in the mail?

>> No.8150841

>>8150832
That's 3 cents in USD, nerd. Worth more than the shipping it takes to get all that money to your burro-riding ass.

>> No.8150852

>>8149112
The only thing I hate about this webm is how obvious it was that the fish was already dead. He even shakes it to make it seem alive.

>> No.8150870

>>8150742
>>>>>>>>>/pol/

Also anon who posted this originally said it was in mexico, so get fucked

>> No.8150880
File: 1.78 MB, 640x360, 1468130177467.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
8150880

>> No.8150966
File: 62 KB, 168x164, 3.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
8150966

>>8147873
>>8144748

>> No.8151162

>>8147873
It's porcheta numbnuts

>> No.8151190

>>8150617
>I know you don't really know anything about cooking
It's Japan that doesn't know anything about cooking, apparently.

>> No.8151195

>>8150615
>Ever had overcooked scrambled eggs that fell apart in your mouth and were swimming in a pool of liquid?
That's not overcooked, that's improperly cooked. I don't know how you would even fuck up a scrambled egg that bad.

>> No.8151212

>>8145441
>1 piece 1 euro.
literally where, I want to try them

>> No.8151228

>>8150591
Most British people I've spoke with online or irl have terrible communication skills. Slurring words, mumbling, etc.
They also usually have terrible English speaking ability.

>> No.8151248
File: 59 KB, 321x285, 1474835399544.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
8151248

>>8147969
I'd give up one of my testicles for that.

Also this fucking thread got horrible, what the fuck is wrong with you faggots.

>> No.8151315

>>8149443
Ugu~ af senpai

>> No.8151341

>>8150880
sweet baby jesus what is this guy doing

>> No.8151376

>>8151248
>would give up a testicle for some cheese
>thinks other people are faggots

you got issues

>> No.8151422

>>8144121
>90 degree angle to the hotdog
wtf

>> No.8151428

>>8149744
the funniest thing is that he thinks beef mince is called "hamburger meat"

>> No.8151432
File: 22 KB, 265x300, 2irritant.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
8151432

>>8151341
Newfag detected.
Lurk moar.

>> No.8151443

>>8145522
probably canada

>> No.8151470

>>8149112
What movie is this

>> No.8151530
File: 117 KB, 313x311, 1466374843929.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
8151530

>>8150880
Why does he always angle the food in the most difficult way to actually eat what the shit

>> No.8151538

>>8151530
Why do you care, normie?

>> No.8151540

>>8151538
Because jack finds a way to be absolutely degenerate in everything that he does and it bothers me that he exists out there in the world.

>> No.8151547

>>8149617
>those shakey hands
>that sweat drop
>cant even smell it without gagging

>> No.8151551

>>8149587
it looks disgusting and delicious at the same time, what is it?

>> No.8151559

>>8151551

Omurice. An omelet put on top of rice.

>> No.8151568

>>8151551
A barely set French omelette: https://youtu.be/W3gUdsRviaE?t=9m00s
You sort of encase the eggs in a more set outer layer.

>> No.8151569

>>8147976
that must be so fucking tasty

>> No.8151583

>>8145151
alot of its fat

>> No.8151585
File: 333 KB, 512x812, 1470821076227.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
8151585

>>8149597
>>8149611
>>8149590

>i've never had Asian food before

>> No.8151873

>>8149587
he ruined it with that sauce. those eggs looked so goddamned perfect.

>> No.8151989

>>8151470
Eat Drink Man Woman

>> No.8152904

>>8144121

Hypnotic as well as boner inducing

>> No.8152910

>>8144369

Hory shet

>> No.8152942

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTw58R2hJmw

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
E-mail
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
Captcha
Action