[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 61 KB, 600x900, avocado-burrito-3.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9560311 No.9560311 [Reply] [Original]

Do you guys make burritos for yourselves at home or is it too much effort?
Also thoughts on burritos in general?

>> No.9560327

I haven't had a good burrito since 3 amigos was turned into aunt chiladas
the ranchero burrito was so dense and flavorful, it sat like a brick in your stomach
they made the steak fresh from raw every time, a whole 8 oz steak they cubed up on the grill
the new place uses philly steak dog shit instead

>> No.9560330

>>9560311
All the time but I just get those Old El Paso kits. Burritos are one of my favourite things to eat when drunk.

>> No.9560333

It's really not a lot of work since the ingredients store well in the fridge.
I make the tortillas from scratch. I have a tortilla press and finish them off on a griddle or pan. I can store the tortillas as dough balls or pre-cooked pressed tortillas.

I make the beans from scratch, just soak overnight, cook in pressure cooker, mash them in the same pot, and add fried onions, canola oil, salt, and a pepper paste, and simmer for a bit to >let the flavors marry

I smoke brisket once a month using a pellet smoker. When it comes out I slice it, then freeze and refrigerate it as needed.
I don't like rice in my burritos.

A simple lettuce and tomato salad stores fine in the fridge for a few days, plus it's such a simple thing to make that takes so little time.

I reheat the beans in the microwave because they don't lose a lot of moisture when I heat them up in it and their flavor or texture don't change.

>> No.9560411

>>9560311
>too much effort

Burritos are really easy depending on what you want to make. Most of the time I just make simple ones like chorizo and egg or machaca and egg with maybe some onions and bell peppers. Sometimes I'll go through more effort and marinate some skirt steak, make some pico, get some avocados and make them with that.

>> No.9560413

They're like monads

>> No.9560627
File: 30 KB, 450x450, el-monterey-spicy-jalapeno-bean-and-cheese-chimichangas-8-count-32-oz_2598798.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

i make homemade breakfast burritos.

for non-breakfast burritos i get frozen/restaurant burritos.

>> No.9560691

>>9560311

I make and freeze breakfast burritos for when I actually want breakfast or a quick bite. I'm capable of making good burritos, my mom/grandma make amazing beans and rice i could use too, but there's so much good mexican food around me i'd rather just go there.