[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/diy/ - Do It Yourself

View post   

File: 64 KB, 639x960, FEE4BFEF-74AB-43C0-8BB6-8B5806D02B00.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1598429 No.1598429 [Reply] [Original]

Im a poor fag and have been sleeping on the floor for five years as i cant justify spending money on anything, Also i just hate mattress.

I was wondering if anyone here had made a futon bed and what skills I need to get it done. It seems pretty easy but I’m more so looking for anyone with experience doing this so I can think about any potential hurtles before they happen and get it correct the first time.

>my plan
>Buy some cotton batting
>get it four inches thick
>knot the cotton together with thread
>stuff the cotton into a sheet.

So basically a gigantic power with the exception of knotting the cotton in together so it doesn’t separate or bunch up.

Will this work? Any tips?

>> No.1600260

>poor fag
> have been sleeping on the floor for five years as i can't justify spending money on anything
Pick one

>> No.1600274

>>1598429
Just buy an old army cot, it will be cheaper than all that batting and when you wear it out you just replace the canvas. Best cheap bed there is, get a wooden framed one, infinitely repairable.

>> No.1600802

>>1600274
To be honest I’m just making it for girls I plan on making a bedframe for the mattress as well. Its hard to keep girls longer then one night when you don’t have a bed, also they aren’t rugged enough for the floor on account of wide hips. So a cot wouldn’t really solve my problem as its not big enough for two people or a soft as a bed of cotton.

If girls were cool with sleeping on the floor I would just do that all the time

>> No.1600805 [DELETED] 

Here’s a tutorial https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=awHvbBOMjhQ

>> No.1601126

>>1600802
Honestly suprised you get girls also you have no idea what you are talking about.
Wife and I use a twin and when camping use a cot. Sleep on side spoon all night. Is comfy/10

>> No.1601466

>>1601126
Im not using a cot, if i make a bed it’ll look passable. Like I decided to live like that and not like I couldn’t swing 600 bucks, the whole point isn’t too look trashy a cot would do that. Im using polyester batting