[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/diy/ - Do It Yourself

View post   

File: 990 KB, 2985x4341, Full Image, Straightened, Cropped 2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1618270 No.1618270 [Reply] [Original]

I have a degree in Electrical Engineering, yet I find these things unintelligible. Perhaps because I am used to circuit diagrams and their standards. I presume there are a comparable set of standards for these wiring diagrams but google hasn't been my friend. Can anyone recommend a site that explains them?

>> No.1618440
File: 10 KB, 194x259, engineer.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1618270
That's a basic circuit diagram, designed for someone with a 5th grade education. So they can trace out and replace components. it's not a schematic down to the component level.

you're over qualified to read it.

>> No.1618443

>>1618270
How can you not understand what you're looking at? It's like a Subway map, the stations are not aligned as in real life, but the information is still accurate. Follow the wire colors, follow the logic of how a circuit operates and you should figure it out.

>> No.1618448
File: 68 KB, 1163x715, you are stupid.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1618270
don't make this statement:
>I have a degree in Electrical Engineering,
followed by this statement:
>yet I find these things unintelligible.
it makes you look like pic related:

>> No.1618920

>>1618270
It's a block diagram showing which wires go to what, and what color they are. That's what the letters next to the lines mean (B=Black, R=Red, etc, see legend in the lower corner).

Those of you doubting an EE could be autistic enough to not figure this out on their own have never interacted with one. He's probably a pooskin too, so add on another layer of retardation.

>> No.1619085

>>1618270
yeah bro i think you need to check autismo dot org. I'm also ee and if you can read a good schematic I don't see how you can't read this. For example the 5 pilot lights in the top are exactly as they would appear on a regular schematic, albeit in bus form for whatever reason

>> No.1619124

>>1619085
Naw dude. I'm an ee. I can read this because I have experience and common sense. OP has never worked as an ee a day in his life and his post proves it. Most fresh grads I hire are like that. Head full of book knowledge but no clue about the world. All the big companies draw differently too and there are no guides online. OP will probably end up doing web shit cause he cant ee.