Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

Maintenance is complete! We got more disk space.
Become a Patron!

/diy/ - Do-It-Yourself

View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
File: 66 KB, 1280x720, maxresdefault.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
1794707 No.1794707 [Reply] [Original] [archived.moe]

Is there a way to resize a tube without a reamer for high pressure stuff? I need to use a piston for something (I won't go into details) and I don't have the money for the reamer so I dunno if I could use something else? I have 10mm (inner diameter) and 9mm tubes, is there a way to get one to around 9.7mm? I was thinking about electroplating it but I dont know how that would work, are there any other ways I can make the tubes smaller/ bigger?

>> No.1794763

>>1794707
If you can't even afford a reamer, you obviously can't afford any of the other tools you might use to do this. You can't do it with a hacksaw.

>> No.1794855

>>1794707
we cant accurately assist your nigger rigging without knowing the application of your system

>> No.1794862

If you got a gas stove or propane torch. Heat it up.and dip.it in water. Keep repeating it will.open it up a tiny bit every time. It might fuck the temper up but I've done this to.impact sockets and they worked fine.

>> No.1794992

>>1794707
Just look up how barrels were made back in the day mate, we've been making guns for hundreds of years.
Btw it'll be way more expensive than a $30 reamer

>> No.1796596

sure OP just first check your calculations through a fluid dynamics app and compare the result to your data.. am sure all is good to go if variances are +/- 50% from your data points. maybe just ease up into the max pressure range just to be sure.. post results OP

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
reCAPTCHA
Action