Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

If you can see this message, the SSL certificate expiration has been fixed.
Become a Patron!

/diy/ - Do-It-Yourself

View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
File: 213 KB, 1500x1423, 810lz8ilY3L._AC_SL1500_.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
1940583 No.1940583 [Reply] [Original] [archived.moe]

Any anons here knowledgeable with airbrushes? I'm a beginner looking to paint some models/dioramas. Just want something with a relatively silent compressor and entry level.

>> No.1940624

If you want something cheap to start with, any Chinese junk from Master or HF will do. If you get comfortable with that I guess you could upgrade to something like an Iwata HPCS.

>> No.1940627

>>1940583
I have a Harbor Freight airbrush kit that I got a few years ago. Out of the box, it's a good airbrush, but there are a few mods that you can do to improve it, but I don't remember them. I believe that one of them involved polishing the needle.

>> No.1940830

>>1940583

when i was a teen i had a paasche airbrush. the needle was too big for any detailed painting i would want to do. enede up doing mostly ombraged stencils and my attempt at so called true flames.

I think i saw you other post asking about the 12volt compressor. i can tell you from experience it wont work. the compressor need a tank or air reservoir. its because otherwise the air pulse and is not a continuous flow. due to the come and go motion of the compressing piston. youll end up painting dots instead of lines.

my recommendation is buy a good iwata airbrush with some good needles. i think top feeder are better than syphon but it depend is you intent to paint large surfaces with 1 color or not.

for the compressor i had a regular mastercraft 3 gal. it was very noisy but made the job.

>> No.1941111

>>1940830
>I think i saw you other post asking about the 12volt compressor. i can tell you from experience it wont work. the compressor need a tank or air reservoir. its because otherwise the air pulse and is not a continuous flow. due to the come and go motion of the compressing piston. youll end up painting dots instead of lines.

Wasn't me, but thanks for the knowledge

>>1940624
>Iwata HPCS
Seems like this is the brand most professionals use. I'll try to look for a used setup over a generic brand if possible.

Thanks all for the suggestions

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
Captcha
Action