[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/diy/ - Do It Yourself

View post   

File: 102 KB, 700x398, ht_Sod-HERO.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
2049700 No.2049700 [Reply] [Original]

Is it hard to re-sod a lawn? i got a quote from somebody said they'd do it for 4k but that seems like a lot. i could probably save a few thousand just by doing it myself but i'd have to rent the tiller and roller. is it a bitch to do it? also the sides of the yard might be impossible to get with a rotary tiller so im guessing i'd need to just use a shovel or something

>> No.2049711

>>2049700
Sod is 9.00 afor 8 square feet at home depot or 28.00 for 100 at the sod farm same distance from my house you do the math.

I bought a few hundred square feet, put it down in the kids area, doing great, just water it.

>> No.2049722

Helped my brother in-law sod his yard. It was a new development and the site had shitty clay soil so we had to put a top layer of the good stuff first, but actually laying sod is kind of a no brainer. Literally looked up vids on how to do it on my way to help.

https://youtu.be/kIFTgv4T4A8

>> No.2049727

>>2049700
You can just scatter seeds and water them.

>> No.2049749

literally just did it myself yesterday. took maybe 2 hours including cutting, removal, fitting and installation but granted I was only fixing about 80 sqft of dead lawn. not so pro tip: a sawzall with a very short wood blade is fantastic at cutting sod so you don't have to saw at the dirt with a kitchen knife for an hour, just make sure you don't cut any sprinkler lines!

>>2049711
90c per sqft? God damn. round these parts you can get it for 50c at the nursery and 20-30c for 1-2 day old clearance and I live in a major urban city.