[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

View post   

File: 116 KB, 1024x1024, okretard2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4783841 No.4783841[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

>talent isn't real, just practice bro!

lol

>> No.4783846

>>4783841
the simulation is stuck, im seeing the same threads over and over.

>> No.4783853

>>4783841
Just draw what you like don't robot yourself if you don;t like what you do. You gain gains quicker when you love the something you do

>> No.4783857

talent is real.
it's just not necessary to make it.

>> No.4783860

>>4783841
But it isn't real, and been drawing without any talent with no problems. Talent are for those that look for excuses to not do anything unless they magically already know without putting in the effort.

>> No.4783861

>>4783860
You have talent. PYW.

>> No.4783862

>>4783846
Probably a bot

>> No.4783863
File: 978 KB, 1042x726, file.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4783841

>> No.4783964

>>4783841
NGMI

>> No.4783974

>>4783860
>says talent isn't real
>proceeds to prove that it is using himself as an example

>> No.4784008

Talent is real but is not what you think it is and you don't need it to learn how to draw, and probably even less to draw what you want to draw.

>> No.4784013

>>4783841
talent is real and you dont have it OP.you should just give up and leave this board 4ever

>> No.4784014 [DELETED] 

>>4784008
Those talentlets use themselves as an example constantly when trying to prove talent is real. Where were you?

>> No.4784018

>>4783974
Those talentlets use themselves as an example constantly when trying to prove talent is real. Where were you?

>> No.4784047

>>4783841
Talent is REAL. It's so REAL that it needs to be typed in caps though the only way to discover if you have talent is to try and do things. People that have made in in the field of drawing have tried it and noticed that they made far more significant improvements in a much shorter time compared to most people and that same things drives them to continue and leap to unimaginable boundaries. I would say you have to make a moderate effort for a year or two and if your gains are not comparable with the average gains of talented people in the same time frame then it is time to GIVE UP and try to find your TALENT in some other field.

>> No.4784062
File: 582 KB, 640x651, img.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4783853
pyw

>> No.4784079

Talent described as understanding and evolution of ideas. To think in other words, use yer fuckin head m8 and you'll magically gain talent.

>> No.4784083

>>4783860
This is true.
People who know nothing about singing will ramble on about how you JUST HAVE YO BE BRON WITH IT but don't care when you mention how so many singers are great at the piano and clearly spent years developing their talents.

It's the same with art. People love to just wade in a lecture about what it takes to learn to be an artist when they can't draw themselves.

>> No.4784126

>>4783841
if you can draw a sphere you can draw everything, but to draw sphere you need to not be retarded, something that 90% of ic is

>> No.4784221

for the love of god shut the fuck up and go draw.

>> No.4784245

>>4783841
Not being stupid is talent, not being lazy is talent. If you don't have them, you'll end up like Mikufag and other crabs of ic.

>> No.4784287

>>4783841
Talent is the innate ability to pick up techniques extremely quickly, but you still without dedicaded studying, nor practice. I've never met a talented artist that wasn't drawing nearly every neither, not because needed to, because they wanted to.

>> No.4784302
File: 65 KB, 1200x798, B7FD36F1-8CAB-4416-B89E-DDE2921EF44E.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Some people will improve faster than others. To some people that will mean talent. Some people are more creative than others, to some that imagination will mean talent. To others these differences in skill or vision will simply point to intelligence.

My advice to everyone who wants to “git gud” fast is simple and concrete. If you’re a beginner and you struggle a lot with drawing specifically, you must first establish the learned skill of observation.

That means copying, and specially copying simple shapes and line drawings. You can also do excercises like the hands on a clock to judge angles. But you must start training your eyes, even if your end goal is drawing from imagination. Hear me out.

Many of you start with constructing drawing like Loomis, but your heads turn out distorted. Your Hampton excercises are distorted. Your figures and gestures are so out of proportion it’s difficult to focus on “feeling the form”. Does this ring a bell for any of you? Hmm?

If you first focus on strong observation skills, you will then develop the ability to judge what to put on the page. You will be faster at drawing, your hands will develop the dexterity required to do exactly what you want.

There’s a few ways to do this. The meme advice of this board is “just draw”. It’s not bad advice if you are a person who can self criticize well and acknowledge mistakes and then re do them.

If you need more guidance I would suggest Dorian Itens accuracy guide, the Vitruvian drawing basics, Brent Eviston art and science of drawing, etc. Also become familiar with techniques like blocking in, notional space boxes, triangulation and so on.

I’m not advocating becoming a copying machine, but you can’t even copy out of your mind accurately, you need to start somewhere. Anyways that’s long but my two cents.

>> No.4784316

>>4783841
Talent is real, but only in japan

>> No.4784464

stupid sexy meduka

>> No.4785145

>>4784126
if you can draw a straight line, you can draw a sphere.

>> No.4785175

>>4783841
Is it the same 4 people always starting these threads? Is it the same 20 people always arguing then fighting about it?
I tell you how it is:
> talent? Pfft fuck you, anon, it's all about the skill
> haha fucking ngmi you'll never get anywhere without talent
> well you can get professional if you're dedicated but a talented person with the same dedication and knowledge will always be better
> talent is just an extra mile you have, without dedication the others will pass by you

These are pretty much all the answers you can get (3x a day too because you faggots can't stop with this shit) and no matter how many times it's asked, it'll always be the same answers. And then you, anon, depending on your IQ, wether you have or don't have talent, on your social environment and a shit ton of other factors, will decide which one of these you believe in and the next time a faggot like you starts a thread like this, you'll join the idiots fighting over it

You could spend all this time drawing (or wanking off, eating, working out, fucking your gf or your hand, watching some dumb shit, or literally anything more productive and less cringe than asking the same fucking question for the gorillionth time)

>> No.4785230

>>4784302
I have been focusing on this. My accuracy has improved yet its still mediocre. I have gotten worse at basically everything else. I still cannot draw what I want and I don't know how to improve from here. My progress is all around terrible compared to the entire progress thread for people on the same time frames. I already accepted I have no talent but I really want to achieve meaningful progress once more, I feel Im just regressing all the time and its making me feel miserable all the time.

>> No.4785242

>>4785230
It's all about sensibility and honestly clever use of materials will shift your sensibilities into proper gear.

>> No.4785245

Why is watercolor gay? Coming from /pol

>> No.4785251

>>4785242
I don't quite get what you are saying.

>> No.4785253

>>4783841
Up until the end of high school I was worst than anyone in anything. Then I didn't want to be among those who didn't went to uni nor accomplished anything in their life. So I practiced and did math every night until I'm good. Didn't finished my math bachelor since I switched career for software eng. but I wasn't bad in math. Henc I got A's once in a while(and twice as more C's of course). It's all about interest. Most people who get good fast at anything are usually those practice the good things in a good amount of time.

>> No.4785366

>>4783841
>He blames talent instead of practicing
hmm

>> No.4785398

>>4785175
>Is it the same 4 people always starting these threads?
probably and the purpose of this threads is the idea that sooner or later someone might say something useful for them.in the end every post on this board is created to extract "secrets" that are under the umbrella of common sense which isnt so common for the average 4chan user LOL.what i am saying in is if you are searching for secrets in art there are none and you are wasting your time just.draw.

>> No.4785410
File: 204 KB, 1920x1080, VyILGcp.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4783841
>muh talent
I'm only going to say this once, so read closely
For 99.9999999% of people who do anything, talent does not matter. I assume 50-70% of people on ic don't plan on making a serious, full time profession out of it, and the remaining 49.999999-29.999999% of people only want to be good enough to make a full time profession out of it.
Now that leaves the remaining .00000001% of people on this board, and its the 2 or 3 autists who actually think they're going to be the next da vinci or whatever. Talent ONLY matters for these people.
Do you need talent to enjoy making art as a hobby?
No
Do you need talent to have a profession from it?
No
Do you need talent to be the best of the best and be in history books?
Yes
If you're someone who will bitch about
> i cant maek it becuz i have no talent
you weren't going to make it even with talent, you hate art and drawing, and would have a better time on /fit/ or /lit/ or /po/ or any other hobby board.
>Muh speed of improving
Talent does affect speed of improving, but so do a million other things like
>money
>starting age
>parents
>time
>geographic location
>time born
>morals
Even autistic things like last name and neighbors can affect how fast you grow, even if talent wasn't a thing you niggers would be bitching about anything and everything else.
Tl;dr
Give people a good greeting.
Try not to give up.
Sleep well, eat well.
If you're troubled, talk to someone!
You're likely to succeed if you try.
Don't push yourself and make sure you're happy as well.

Also fuck madoka

>> No.4785418

>>4785410
a noble attempt anon but they will create this thread again in a week max the only winning move is to filter the word talent

>> No.4785473
File: 76 KB, 760x430, 1482301497-0c17f070193a5c9d833966edd1db7ac6.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Why does it matter if talent is real or not?

Suppose if real: you still need to practice to get good
Suppose if not real: you still need to practice to get good

?????????

>> No.4785477

>>4785473
They’re mad that X person can do as much practice as Z person but yielded better and faster results.

>> No.4785478

>>4785366
Pyw crab.

>> No.4785547

>>4783860
what do you say to all those crappy artists that worked hard, all the people that just can't seem to come up with cool ideas and struggle with it? All the people that worked hard and failed in the end. What do you say to dave rapoza being in his 20s and having more interesting work than people in their 50s that have been in the industry and worked hard for years?

>>4784083
singing isn't a good universal indicator of talent.

>> No.4785556
File: 149 KB, 998x601, 1596437915789.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

"Talent" is practice under the guise of spontaneity. Your local Samantha from High School art class didn't come out of the womb drawing this god-tier anime titties, she drew those shitty eyes that every girl drew in sixth grade and kept fucking drawing. You just never got to see any of that, and assumed that she was good at it from the start.
Some people grasp onto the basics faster than others, but that's no different from anything else. Someone like John Carmack is definitely "talented" at coding, but even talentless hack losers like YandereDev can write basic code. It's the same concept with any other form of expression.