[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 11 KB, 180x212, 4chan gold account.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10115775 No.10115775[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

If 4chan Passes are supposedly a way to donate to 4chan, how can they be 'on sale'?

>> No.10115788

Behold, the magic of slippery slopes. Adding a Pass was okay since it was practically a donation. Now it's on sale, and it's become a product. Next we'll see exclusive features for Pass since, well, it's a product, and you have to give the customers something in return, right?

>> No.10115789

The third yacht needs to finance itself.

>> No.10115801

It's funny because Gaia went through that whole fiasco with donation letters ages ago.

>> No.10115804

you're receiving a service in return so it's not technically a donation, a paid service can easily go on sale

fag

>> No.10115808

"Since then, I’ve made it clear that I do not intend accept donations again. Why? I don’t believe in large websites supporting themselves through ongoing donations (a la Wikipedia), both ideologically and practically. I hate the thought of asking users to donate money and receive nothing of value other than “the site doesn’t die.” Our previous donation drive was more comparable to a modern day crowd-funding project. I asked the community to contribute $20,000 to accomplish three discrete goals, stated a timeframe, and made good on my promise. An explicit contract existed between myself and the contributors, and there was no question about what was being offered in exchange for contributing towards the goal. Ongoing donations are different because there is no stated, discrete goal. You’ve supported the site by contributing, but now what? What does that get you—what do you receive in exchange?"
-moot

>> No.10115822

>>10115808
times change, and so do opinions

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action