[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 68 KB, 240x336, topkw5.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1571685 No.1571685 [Reply] [Original]

>According to Reitaisai’s official website, Reitaisai 6 has been formally announced.

>It will take place on the 8th of March, 2009, at the Tokyo Big Sight. Veterans of the fandom will probably find this odd, as Reitaisai is usually held in late May. Last year was the first year Reitaisai had been held at the Big Sight, and only one hall was booked, supposedly due to the existence of another conference in the other halls. Some speculate the move was made in order to ensure that all halls could be used for Reitaisai, as there were serious mobility and crowding issues last May.

>Whether or not ZUN will have a demo of Touhou 12 (which currently remains completely unnamed) ready at R6 is currently up in the air. No official comment from ZUN or the organizers of Reitaisai have been made as to the true nature of the move. In any event, the gap gives artists and musicians more than 4 months’ time to produce more work before Comiket, significantly elongating the break period between Reitaisai and Comiket.

>> No.1571690

>Unfortunately, another planned Touhou-only doujin convention, Gensokyo Hounousai, originally set to take place on March the 15th in Nagoya, has been cancelled due to Reitaisai’s new time.

>We will be keeping track of any official news from ZUN or the organizers of the event, and we will announce any sort of demo for TH12 if one is to be unveiled at Reitaisai.

>> No.1571706

Better milk the franchise early on before the fad would start to wane.

>> No.1571725

>>1571706
Six years into the current phase is hardly "early on."

>> No.1571718

>>1571706

>Better milk the franchise early on before the fad would start to wane.

Good thing they got a start before the TWELFTH GAME.

>> No.1571752

>>1571706

I'm not really sure how moving the date of the annual convention to avoid scheduling conflicts is milking the franchise.

You do know Reitaisai has been going on for a couple years now, right? And it's one of the primary places the doujins come out of?

>> No.1572256

So because of Reitaisai, is there a lot of touhou doujin at comiket or do they just save it for Reitaisai?

>> No.1572297

is ZUN making a lot of money from this? do strangers offer to buy him drinks? I'm amazed that there's an entire convention dedicated to crap made by one drunk taito employee.

>> No.1572319

>>1572256
Comiket's get their own Touhou doujins as well.

>> No.1572321

>>1572297

People make more money off ZUN's series than ZUN does himself.

Now excuse me while I spend $500 bux on Touhou doujinshi, hug pillows, and figures.

>> No.1572336

>>1572297
At least gaijins are all thieves so nobody has paid for his beer.

>> No.1572357

It always amazes me that some drunk fucker made some halfway decent shootan games with shit art years ago, and now there is a convention based around these games that takes up the ENTIRE BIG SIGHT

I often wonder how ZUN feels about this

>> No.1572375

>>1572357
I'd imagine it wouldn't be much different from moot and 4chan.

>> No.1572450

>>1572375
Trying to sell the rights to Australians?

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action