[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 350 KB, 3112x3022, 515616.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
44060913 No.44060913 [Reply] [Original]

Gonna have to get up and do some shit in the following days this sucks

>> No.44060960
File: 48 KB, 272x423, 1672392625659286.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>eating melon with a spoon
baka miku

>> No.44064925 [DELETED] 

>>44060960
It's a good way tho.

>> No.44065008

>>44060960
>>44064925
It makes more sense with a half than a slice.

>> No.44065073

I got so bored of the net that I thought, I'll quit 4chan, youtube, any western entertainment site and just lurk 5ch for fun (I came here for the 5ch thread). Surprisingly it is better. It's like western net from 15 years ago when people just spoke their thoughts without a billion layers of irony.

Anyway it is super nice. If you are a NEET, stop going on these ReddiTwitch4chaYoutuTwitteHub and just isolate, only use the net if you have a reason to or you're ultra bored. I use it to look up recipes :)

>> No.44068861

Maladaptive daydreaming + NEETdom has to be the ultimate lazy NEET experience. Doing nothing but laying in bed all day, daydreaming and sometimes playing music to fuel the imagination. Never feeling bored or lonely because you can just daydream and immediately warp somewhere more interesting with tons of people. The only downside is if you want to do something in real life, you'll be too lazy and end up imagining yourself doing it instead.

>> No.44070689
File: 44 KB, 777x679, 1596543413726.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>pushed into doing things again
>have to pretend to be a remotely functioning adult
>everyone still giving me weird looks, must be obvious that I dont belong
I hate the normie stare so much mind your own business im trying not to stand out come on faggot

>> No.44070724

>>44070689
this is indeed quite annoying. normies always need to put their nose in other people business, it's their favourite activity.

>> No.44077491

I socially blundered with my landlord today, interacting with people is the worst.

>> No.44078499

>>44070689
Normies - Relax man, no one is looking at you, you're not that important. They have their own lives to worry about.
Also Normies - haha look at that faggot over there, what a faggot.

>> No.44078698
File: 992 KB, 500x350, 1673859549168315.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>44070689
my favorite is when normalfags keep trying to force you into doing shit even as your mental health is getting worse and using that state to justify forcing you to do more shit

>> No.44078746

Surprised anyone can be a NEET with the internet as bad as it is these days. I partly credit that for one of the reasons I'm actively getting out of it after like 16 years. It's just awful. Imageboards are complete cesspits these days, it's kind of sad but I could also just be getting old. I still mostly enjoy things from over a decade ago.
>>44070689
Anon, unless you have shit on your trousers or are making noises, I can guarantee no one is looking at you. No one cares, why would they? Do you stare and judge everyone you meet? And even on the off chance you meet some weirdo who looks at you, they'll forget in a few hours, if not immediately. Who gives a shit, you have every right to live your life just as they do. Also people staring at you doesn't mean they're judging you either.

>> No.44078917

>>44078698
Before I had mental health issues I was like an NPC.
Life back then came together so naturally that you never really had to think, all of it just fell into place. But once you have brain problems suddenly nothing fits into place anymore, like a jigsaw puzzle where none of the pieces match. So everyone se got a normal set of pieces but you. And now instead of solving the puzzle and having fun like everyone else, all you can do is think about why your pieces are fucked up, how could you fix them, is there an alternate way to use the pieces that still lets you have fun...? In the end it's a wash. If only you had been normal.

>> No.44078977
File: 3.34 MB, 3900x3000, 1678140955008828.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>sinking time into a degree i'm not going to finish
>ignored by everyone
>no willpower to get a job
i might join you all soon
>>44078917
i think that fundamentally, unless you're given enough space and help to come out of it, going through trauma and mental illness will leave you with neuroses and anxieties that you can't get rid of, not because they're hard to get rid of, but because they will push you into a routine where it's hard to meet or talk to anyone who could help you get rid of them. it's difficult to describe how much more closed and self-aware i am due to my compounding social anxiety compared to the me from like 3-4 years ago. living normally feels impossible now, i always have a voice in the back of my head telling me others are dangerous

>> No.44078991

>>44078977
Your brain is malleable. Also why aren't you going to finish your degree? If that's the case, why continue? It's generally a good idea to get one even if you don't want to work in the field, it opens doors.

>> No.44079013

>>44078977
Yeah you cannot socialize normally with a voice in the back of your head going "Do these people secretly hate me? Do they think I'm boring? Why didn't they respond to my comment?" etc.
This kind of thought makes good socializing impossible usually

>> No.44079129

>>44078746
The net is pretty much as good as dead IMO. Unless you can get into some private community, it's a wasteland. I am a youngfag too so it's not just you getting old.

What I miss was that sense of community. Newfags don't get this but /v/ and /a/ used to be cool niche communities bonding over amazing games/shows you never heard of, and you just wanted to be accepted by them and talk about cool obscure shit. Now people cringe at the idea of community and it ruins the whole thing.

I sometimes feel like the very idea of online community itself is disappearing. Maybe it's just me

>> No.44079200
File: 754 KB, 706x1000, 1680543394392268.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>44078991
i'm finding it difficult to decide what to do right now. my family is pushing me to finish my degree, but i hate it. for one, i'm required to do group projects for my degree, which has always ended up in me being alone and either unable to do anything or ending up extremely embarassed and with a half-assed presentation due to not having anyone to help me. secondly, my social anxiety has been skyrocketing to the point where i've been struggling to even go to college at all because i don't want to feel the gazes on me or feel like i'm being ignored. i've alienated everyone in my group from me by acting asocial and never talking to anyone. i also have to live in a dorm room with someone else, which only compounds the constant discomfort i feel when going to college, i barely managed to endure a year of this and i feel that my mental capacity is drained.
on the other hand, if i drop out, i'm wasting a year of my life, potentally destroy my job prospects, and have to face the fallout of my family being pissed at me. i feel like i'm stuck in a situation with no right answer. either i grind my feelings and force myself to endure for the sake of the time i sunk into my degree, or i have to face all my relatives and accept that i lost a year pursuing something pointless. i wish i could just turn off my brain and dull my feelings to the point where i don't feel any pressure

>> No.44079287

>>44079200
>if i drop out, i'm wasting a year of my life, potentally destroy my job prospects, and have to face the fallout of my family being pissed at me.
You sound young, so you should know that your 20s last an eternity and you still have room in your 30s. You could do a complete 180 in what you pursue. You could even do two. I went to university with plenty of guys in their 40s even. You're your own man, you can't let your parents expectations control you. I will say though, anon, it sounds like you're going through a really horrible time and I hope you get some help with it. Just say that shit you said right here and see what works for you, you're not beholden to any treatment or plan. There's no point NOT making an attempt at getting help. In my country universities tend to offer this shit, or maybe a doctor. Especially with getting some deadlines extended, or some help with projects - subtly, too, not obviously. Anyway anon, I just want to tell you, as fucking irritating as I feel saying it, tha things can change. Took me like two attempts to get through uni, I frequently ended up running to the toilet having panic attacks and wanted to die every single day. Now I'm a pretty happy and confident guy and I believe you can be too. You got this bud, whichever way you go.

>> No.44079307

High school felt like being in a coma. I hate uni, but it's not nearly as bad.

>> No.44079318

>>44079200
Is your school super far from where your family lives? See if you can convince your folks to let you drive to school from home, or take the train or some shit. Some schools also offer rebates for train tickets. Sharing a dorm room with some random fucker sounds like a goddamn nightmare.

>> No.44079414

>>44079318
>See if you can convince your folks to let you drive to school from home, or take the train or some shit.
Dorms are great for a certain type of person but probably not anyone on here.
Being around a bunch of other guys having the time of their life while you just sit there and rot really does not help even though ostensibly all you gotta do is get a degree

>> No.44079441

>>44079318
it's in a different city, which is not too far away, but 1.5 hours by a train that runs only 3-4 times a day doesn't let me effectively commute very well since i have to be there 4-5 times a week. i'd like to find some work so i don't have to live in a dorm, but soul-draining wage labour doesn't sound like a great way to improve my mental health
>>44079287
i understand what you're saying, but at the same time, i don't think my parents would give me the space i need if i decided to drop out, they're hostile for no reason as is because i don't want to work during vacation. the only way i'll be able to fix myself is probably through achieving financial independence and gaining some sense of control over my life, but it's difficult when i don't want to talk to anyone in the first place. i do feel a bit better after talking to you anon, i'll try to look into whether my college offers a therapist

>> No.44079470

I probably won't be a NEET much longer. I fucking hate dealing with job applications but money is getting damn tight.

>> No.44082223

i just graduated and moved to another country with my partner and have to be neet for a year and a half for immigration reasons, i don’t know what to do with all this time i’ve just been kinda sleeping in and playing games

>> No.44082880

>>44079129
It's definitively not just you, the entire internet got corporatized and gentrified, the sense of online community is dead or dying across the entire internet depending on where you look.
If in the past it felt like a bunch of people coming together in someone's basement but in a digital space, a communal activity that nonetheless was about people sharing a hobby sharing a connection through it, then the modern internet is like a starbucks, a place where you're with other people but still have your public face up, there's no connection to anyone, it's just yet another public place.
Thankfully it does seem to be limited to EOP communities for now, JP ones still feel like the old internet.
I wonder if it's a cultural thing.

>> No.44083248

>>44082880
Good it's not just me. I even tried to find communities on discord but each time they either get 1-2 posts a day or 90%+ of posts are 14 year olds dumping memes and talking about their lunch.

Probably it's because communities used to be pretty hard to find. Once you found your first good IRC room/forum you usually stayed there for years and posted almost every day. It was like an IRL social circle but online. You had that one retard in the group you hated but that was almost part of the charm, you were stuck together. But now this whole online public community thing is dying. And even the private groups I've been in lately are just reposting stuff from 4chan/Twitter/YouTube algorithm recs. So I just stopped looking. Now /jp/ and 5ch are all I use basically

>> No.44083695

>>44079129
Maybe 4chan was better in the past but I'm sure it was still a far cry from actual socialization. I've used many imageboards over the years including very insular, close-knit ones (/jp/ and /a/ themed in fact!), and even with their highly focused interests an aura of coldness still persisted. People are quick to forget that they're conversing with other real humans, and anons as a set of internet users are very tribalistic and meek in a negative way. Perhaps its more pronounced for me since I'm not someone who subscribes to imageboard rules and hierarchies which people get angry at.

I don't really know what the solution is. Not everyone can easily move into real life for socialization, and even when I've socialized with past friends I still frequented imageboards. I feel like it would take a great shift in the collective consciousness of anons for things to get better.

>> No.44083847
File: 826 KB, 2404x1260, Normalfags were a mistake.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>44083695
I guarantee you it was better in the past, especially in otaku or otaku-adjacent communities.
You can very easily point at the reasons for the change too, they boil down to normalfags colonizing and destroying every single community they step into due to their inability of simply letting other people do their own thing in peace.
In anime communities at large, /a/ included, it was thanks to CR and other pushes to make anime mainstream, not because they gave a fuck about anime, but because they saw there was money to be made off selling people edited MTL at best or literal fanfics at worst.

Ask 10 different people and you will get 10 different answers on where it started, but one of the first big tipping points was definitively gurren lagann and death note bringing in the first wave of MANime newfags that would then go back and watch stuff like bebop to pretend they were always here.
Then the normalfags would continue gathering around shows like spice and wolf, code geass, toradora, and so on, but the big next tipping point wouldn't come until madoka and SAO shortly after.
Up until that point these communities were still salvageable, but that was the final nail in the coffin.
With madoka came in droves the kind of people that don't care about media as an experience, but only care about it as a badge of honor to fit in with a community, a badge to brag how good their taste is, an attitude that would get doubled down on with SAO starting the career of multiple "your favorite anime is trash" ecelebs, and it was only downhill from there.

The end result was borderline obvious.
People that actually do give a shit not only get thrown in a corner away from all the normalfags, they also have mental defenses up at all times because any opening interaction with another "anime fan" is no longer talking about stuff, but "x is shit, here's why", so they come off as cold and aloof at best, which also results in actual hostility at worst, because if you don't defend what you like then you get run over.
Normalfags and ironic weebs get insulated in a bubble of what they consider "good" while shunning basically everything else as a status symbol, which also results in tribalism everywhere to try drive them away because any attempts at talking about anything will get bulldozed by "akshually that's garbage, get better taste like me".
And the people in the middle that would have become hardcore fans just end up disconnected from any community because of the constant negativity everywhere.
Then /jp/ itself got hit by vtubers and hell broke loose, which had even worse repercussions in any other anime community because it was no longer even about any specific piece of media anymore, it was literally e-girl streaming.
By now /jp/ is healing from the chemotherapy, but even this place isn't the same anymore, even in the more calm generals you still get to see people twitchy and defensive because the rest of the EOP internet has been constant hostility 24/7 for over a decade.

TLDR: Look at the filename, the normalfaggot necessity of using literally everything as a status symbol to feel superior to someone else, yet paradoxically wanting to be acknowledged by the same people they are looking down on is a plague that erodes and destroys everything they touch.
Find solace with the fact the language barrier is a thing, otherwise JP media would have gotten infiltrated and destroyed like western media, instead the best they can do is ruin localizations for other ironic weebs, because everyone that cares already knows japanese or is learning it.

>> No.44083923

>>44083695
>and even with their highly focused interests an aura of coldness still persisted.
That's how lain, kissu, etc. feel to me
I was only thinking of 4chan boards of auld like late 00s /a/ & /v/, and boards like /mu/ or /tv/ pre 2015. Even boards that have no clear reason to become shitty like /trv/ did (Even before bat flu it was getting a lot worse from 2017 on), lots more off-topic, racism, memes and far fewer people who actually travel.

Really, it's a big issue. Most people are just clinging to friends they made back in school. If they suddenly moved towns and had to start over, almost everyone would be at a loss. Whenever I read books from 100-200 years ago it's surprising how much more communal life was. Now no one even knows their neighbor's name. Is it a surprise people latched onto the net so hard?

>> No.44088917
File: 76 KB, 700x280, 1435339093754.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I wish I could just not give a fuck about web deterioration.

>> No.44089616
File: 517 KB, 995x1225, 1680670338598171.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

so what meds do yall take

>> No.44089680

>>44089616
nothing because unless I am an inch away from death I would not trust doctors and especically not shrinks.
Remember, no matter how depression mania schizophrenia or whatever else you have is, its not worth it to be chemically lobotomized

>> No.44089725

>>44089616
I haven't taken medicine in 6-7 years? Whenever I get sick or injured I just endure the pain.

>> No.44089735

>>44089616
None. The last time I got prescribed meds was years ago and I stopped because it was the third time my shrink gave me meds that didn't work and had to be changed.

>> No.44090621

>>44083248
>Probably it's because communities used to be pretty hard to find. Once you found your first good IRC room/forum you usually stayed there for years and posted almost every day. It was like an IRL social circle but online. You had that one retard in the group you hated but that was almost part of the charm, you were stuck together. But now this whole online public community thing is dying. And even the private groups I've been in lately are just reposting stuff from 4chan/Twitter/YouTube algorithm recs. So I just stopped looking. Now /jp/ and 5ch are all I use basically
Try forums, they are still around, just very hard to find now that search engines no longer recommend them (they only recommend ads now). I even run my own (albeit fairly dead) forum, where me an 1-2 other people post on occasion.

At a broader level, there are still close-knit communities, they are just no longer visible through the front door of the internet (web search engines). Search engines now will never show you results for forums and the like, they only serve up ads. People can still find and cultivate these communities though; the ones that do find them are often tech people since they regularly use the back door of the internet (alternative protocols like XMPP and Matrix, alternative search engines, networks of blogs). The most popular piece of forum software is currently powering over 36,000 forums.

>I even tried to find communities on discord but each time they either get 1-2 posts a day
There is a solution to this. Many small communities and forums will be slow, but there are standards like RSS that you can use to aggregate many forums posts into a single piece of client software. If you aggregate the posts, you wont have to constantly check on various small communities, reducing the hurdles to joining communities.

>> No.44090762

>>44090621
The trouble is that unless you're a tech hobbyist, these circles are usually neutered and mild, entry level type stuff that guys like us gravitated toward here in the first place to escape. So you see how for instance the audiophile community has a pretty robust presence on forums in 2023 because they are tech-adjacent.

I would kill for something that good for all my hobbies, but the people really aren't there. Have you seen any circles built around 19th century literature? I looked, they don't exist. You really have to be some kinda cult figure like an e-celeb to convince people to read books, because otherwise they'll never do it.

>> No.44090801

>>44089616
They put me on 8-10 antidepressants and only 2 of them even had side effects lol, the rest did fuck all. Now medicine is proving Hippocrates right, health begins and ends with your stomach, the gut microbiome decides everything. Watch, in 20 years we'll see entire mental illnesses wiped off the board from this discovery, eliminate gluten to cure schizos, carnivore to cure depressive, etc.

>> No.44091394

>>44090762
>The trouble is that unless you're a tech hobbyist, these circles are usually neutered and mild, entry level type stuff that guys like us gravitated toward here in the first place to escape. So you see how for instance the audiophile community has a pretty robust presence on forums in 2023 because they are tech-adjacent.
My theory is that technical communities in the present day still thrive on forums because the topics are technical in nature and when searching on search engines people interested in these hobbies have very specific keywords that are ignored by SEO companies. In your audiophile example, probably a lot of audiophiles have typed a query before about a specific model of hardware they need that is largely ignored by the vast majority of the web but discussed frequently on a forum. Non technical topics tend to more general queries that get gamed by SEO so the communities get hidden.

>I would kill for something that good for all my hobbies, but the people really aren't there. Have you seen any circles built around 19th century literature? I looked, they don't exist.
I'll look for a 19th century literature community tomorrow using some of my tools, see if I can find one. You want me to make a board on my forum for 19th century literature?

There is also a wikibook page for 19th century literature (https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/19th_Century_Literature)), if you go through the edit history you can try reaching out to some of the editors of that page and see if any of them know of an online 19th century literature community.

>> No.44091917

>>44090762
>unless you're a tech hobbyist
As someone that was a techbro, let me tell you even those forums are hilariously entry level discourse.
You would unironically get better chances of more in depth info by asking here right now than by going to a niche tech forum.

>> No.44091946

>>44090801
what the fuck is wrong with the modern world that we are only catching up with pre-dark-ages shit

>> No.44093803

>>44090801
damn your mind must be completely destroyed at this point even if you dont notice, RIP

>> No.44095176

>>44091394
>You want me to make a board on my forum for 19th century literature?
No need but thanks. If there were demand for this stuff, you'd see the sign somewhere. Literature is maybe the one hobby that's never had a great online community at all. Lit forums were never popular, peak /lit/ was very entry level, and Usenet was always empty. It's just due to the nature of books probably. They're doomed to be a private experience

>> No.44095563

>>44093803
It's better to have no reaction than a negative reaction. Some of these ADs they prescribe every day can ruin you

>> No.44095593

>>44078917
>Before I had mental health issues I was like an NPC.
>Life back then came together so naturally that you never really had to think, all of it just fell into place. But once you have brain problems suddenly nothing fits into place anymore,
This is me + i have autism so I didn't have good pieces to begin with but at least with good mental health I used to have small packets of happiness here and there.

>> No.44095643

>>44095563
yeah i would never take that shit.
No mental issue can be bad enough to justify AD imo

>> No.44096048

>>44083923
>kissu
Really? I find it pretty cozy.

>> No.44097347

>>44089616
estrogen

>> No.44101618

>>44091946
Midwits rule the world.

>> No.44104011

>>44101618
Surely there's a limit to stupidity.

>> No.44106831
File: 28 KB, 851x646, 1674064989312845.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

every time i'm not working, i'm a neet

go to work
come home
neet it up
repeat

no friends no gf still live in the basement with my parents im in my mid 30s and minimum wage isn't real work anyway so i didnt become a normaloid just because i got a job

>> No.44108185

>>44106831
thats so much worse then just neeting

>> No.44108226

>>44108185
this
if you get a job after NEETing you better find your way up the ladder asap
thinking of working another year at a grocery store makes me suicidal

>> No.44110967

>Really have to be fit next day for once
>cant sleep properly
This shit is pissing me off so much why is it that everytime I want to be fit in the morning I get shitty sleep?

>> No.44117206
File: 59 KB, 1000x833, Pop.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Oh hey, It's greatly reassuring knowing I'm not the only one feeling isolated and alienated with how the common concept of online communities have seemingly died.
I've ended up mostly leaving the web, only to look up utilitarian needs and keeping track of the current events of my hobbies and related.

Now I'm left with what seems truckloads of time which I'm still coming to the conclusion on how to best invest it. The lack of vicarious or parasocial sources I used to fill that primal need for social interaction is proving to be the most concerning issue for me at the moment. Imagedump threads lose their novelty after their 8000th variation and you can only talk about media you played years so much without exhausting all possible branches.

>> No.44118123

>>44106831
More normalfags than you might think live like this

>> No.44118192

Just applied to some jobs. My four years of NEETdom will soon come to an end.

>> No.44118478

>>44118123
are they really normal if they live like that

>> No.44118501

>>44118478
the only difference between a normaloid and a neet that happens to work is the normaloid deludes himself into thinking he's successful at life
there's a reason they seethe so much at otaku and neets, they see themselves in a mirror and absolutely hate it

>> No.44118511

>>44118478
there's a lot of people who live alienated, lonely lives, it's not just neets out there

>> No.44118703

>>44065073
>when people just spoke their thoughts without a billion layers of irony
Makes me fear for the kids who grew up in that online environment and think genuine = bad. Shit's gotta come full circle at some point.

>> No.44118789

>>44118703
that has just been western culture for probably millennia at this point
you're thinking anything changed because you're seeing normalfags flood the internet when it was initially a space for niche weirdos, but it's not anymore
nothing with normalfags changed, the only thing that has changed is their reason to think genuine = bad, bottling everything = good

>> No.44118895
File: 690 KB, 872x1016, __original_drawn_by_senju_snz0__b48814f941f4f663e8910c6b4657c2d5.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Did you guys ever stalk people online who you really liked, related to, or saw as more unfortunate than even yourself. I used to this in my early years of NEETdom when I felt I could not relate to anyone but a selct few. Lacking any social graces, I would just keep tabs on them from afar, never interacting with them. Really sad and pathetic but I havent done this in years and It's funny to realize this is now being done to me now with at least 1 person.

>> No.44118953

bunch of weak pussy niggers in this thread
pathetic

>> No.44118995
File: 74 KB, 680x486, god i fucking hate the internet.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>44118895
i used to do this up until a year or two ago
i'd stalk random twitter people i really liked but then eventually quit because they'd keep getting into arguements that always made me feel bad

>> No.44119007

>>44106831
the "N" in "NEET" means "Not", and the "E" that follows that is "Employed". being reclusive or lonely does not make you a NEET.

>> No.44119074

>>44118895
Outside of fapping, nah, and I'm through with that now.

>> No.44119550

>>44119007
I'm not employed when I'm at home

>> No.44119773

>>44118895
I wouldn't call it stalking, but I used to often look up my elementary school friend. Frankly, I still do it from time to time just to see how he's doing and where he's heading. Turns out it can be quiet easy to find someone online and see what they're up to when you use the same username everywhere or link your other accounts together. It's a bit saddening when I see where he is going, but I can't do anything about it nor have I any interest in dabbeling in the lifes of others and telling them what to do and what not to do. I've seen him go from a programmer to a furry, turning into some feminine dude, to then using pronouns, eventually turning fully gay and then finding a boyfriend. I can imagine where he might go to next or where he might even go after that. I can't help, but wonder how he or I would have turned out had we somehow stayed more closely in contact.

>> No.44119864

I have a large mole under my left eye (Like the ones you'd see in anime art) and I saw a dude earlier with one under his right. A little funny

>> No.44121096

>>44119773
your childhood friend sounds like they're alright though? you may dislike them being gay and transitioning or something, but it's important to separate your specific bias from whether the subject in question is actually happy or not

>> No.44121201

this is dumb

>> No.44121224

>>44121096
Yeah, we have different views, but as I mentioned it's not for me to dictate the lifes of others or to tell them what is good or what is bad. It's not like I hate him for being gay or perhaps wanting to transition, it's just that I know where this road might lead to. Considering all the years that have past since seeing or talking to one another the last time it might be time to let him go. I just have this thing in me that wants to observe and look over the people that are somehow connected to me, even if that person might have forgotten me.

>> No.44121675

>>44121224
>I just have this thing in me that wants to observe and look over the people that are somehow connected to me, even if that person might have forgotten me.
that's cool. i sometimes do this with my friends on social media, just looking at how their lives have been going. i've wanted to talk to some of them but i don't feel like i've had deep enough friendships with anyone to warrant actually reaching out

>> No.44123715

>>44119550
ESL moment

>> No.44123722

>>44123715
retard moment

>> No.44128051
File: 87 KB, 818x814, smug.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Dad bought me protein powder so I can continue lifting for her.

>> No.44128432

this is one of the most quality threads
I've seen in a minute
it's also making me depressed and nostalgic though I do miss how to web used to be

>> No.44128756
File: 1.54 MB, 3900x3000, nights.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>44118995
Worst part was realizing your target wasn't what you thought they were really cracked up to be. In my case, they were almost always pitiful failed normalfags, genuinely disturbed & controversial people, or just turned out being painfully fucking boring ppl. I always remember Robert Pattinson mentioning he just bored stalkers to death by bitching about every menial thing in his life. I wouldn't even have to put effort into it like he did, I'd just bee myself watch as my current stalkers just roost somewhere else ah ha ha
ugh *hic*

>> No.44130009

>>44121096
being a degen gay or transexual or whatever doesn't bring true happiness, its living in a delusion at best and escapism that will end horribly bad at worst
but besides that, people have a responsibility to act virtuously not just chasing things that fulfill their desire for pleasure. that kind of "happiness" is selfish and not commendable.

>> No.44130100

>>44130009
Kind of like being a NEET, huh?

>> No.44130108

>>44130009
>people have a responsibility to act virtuously not just chasing things that fulfill their desire for pleasure
that's just your opinion :^)

>> No.44133746

Good thread.

>> No.44134159

>>44130009
meanwhile it's not selfish at all to ostracize people for doing what brings them happiness instead of being a christcuck normalfag lashing out and forcing people to conform to my made up rules

>> No.44134693

>>44089616
lexapro and wellbutrin

>> No.44134696

>>44134159
Lashing out and forcing people to conform to made up bullshit is kind of your specialty tranon.

>> No.44134705

31, gave up comp sci because dindu's and ai will ruin that job field soon
At home like a little goblin doing nothing but playing dota all day.
been applying for jobs (used to work at computer store) ,nothing responds, the nEET life chose me. sole friend is a schizo jap that is retarded.

>> No.44134926
File: 57 KB, 414x414, 1690348007605196.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Why do these threads always attract people who aren't NEETs but say they are
The definition of a NEET is really simple you know?

>> No.44134952

>>44134926
The Spiritually Impoverished Otaku Clubhouse doesn't have the same ring to it

>> No.44134955

which 2hu has the most powerful brap?

>> No.44134986
File: 806 KB, 1450x2048, Fz45VYsacAA0hnP.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>44134952
Am I the only happy NEET here

>> No.44134993

>>44134696
did you forget making the post i'm replying to

>> No.44135453

>>44134705
bro i play dota all day as well
do you have a squad?

>> No.44135668

>>44134993
I didn't make the post.

>> No.44136029
File: 319 KB, 1452x2048, FmBcxQCaUAAcDjF.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>44060913
Im trying my hardest to stop being a neet but I just cant land a job...

>> No.44136259
File: 95 KB, 670x1024, 1508364037599.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Fellow NEETs (and I guess maybe even the "NEETs" that are in college and that work yet feel compelled to post), what are your ultimate hopes and dreams?

>> No.44136442

>>44136259
Create an artistic masterpiece
Find love

>> No.44136452
File: 3.41 MB, 3012x3860, FX4T1cmaQAEuF_x.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>44136259
I'd like to become a professional rally driver...

>> No.44136498

>>44136259
Live in a place I love

>> No.44136787

I've gone to over a dozen businesses in person to apply for jobs. Now its time to wait and see.

>> No.44137196

>>44135453
a have a normie squad that occasionally invites.
outside of that not too much. used to play with the 2hu guild but they are full of griefers
65220918 <--
if you wanna play some

>> No.44138182
File: 798 KB, 913x608, 1648498805737.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>44134926
I think it might be because you're able to talk about things that are more "fringe" for this boards topic. You're normally not able to talk about your personal life in, let's say, any Touhou thread as they are focused on, well, Touhou. I know how shitty it is to want to talk to fellow NEETs but then a bunch of non-NEETs or "NEETs" come in and then just talk about job related things. I think many /jp/ies just want someone to talk to about non-Otaku related things from time to time. Add that to perhaps some newcomers or nostalgic former NEETs and you get the arrangement you have in here.

>> No.44138245

>>44138182
>I think many /jp/ies just want someone to talk to about non-Otaku related things from time to time.
gonna blow your mind but that's how the website as a whole used to be before the 10s, it felt like a close community of friends or at least acquaintances that just so happened to be anon, you could talk about whatever in any thread and as long as you kept it reasonable without derailing too badly, nobody minded, the entire point of direct replies is helping not lose track of conversations after all
nowadays after the normalfag gentrification of the website everyone acts like strangers to each other, even on communities that are supposed to be close like discords, they just move around covered on layers of irony instead, no sincerity whatsoever because they know any emotional weakness or familiarity can and will get used as ammo against them in some petty normalfag argument

>> No.44138329

>>44138245
I can see that some (or more) normalfag behaviour has infected the mind of some (or more) anons on this whole site, I also saw how much that grew in the last few years. /jp/ seems to be one of the last boards where the majority of anons aren't as narrow minded or fall into a form of black and white mindset as on other boards. Which is quiet a shame as even anons on this site seem to start fighting over the smallest of things that don't fit them and then just break this community of what should have been a well knitted group of personalities. Now it often times just dissolves into a form of cliques.

>> No.44138362

I have been a neet for like 5 years. before that I had a decent job, managed to save up lots of emone as I only got a job because people told me I had to, but never really gave a fuck about material goods apart of having a place to sleep and a decent PC.
I quit my job because I hate normalniggers and I was miserable. Now I'm running out of money but I noticed I still hate life even as a carefree neet.

What the fuck do I do
I could blow my brains out but I'm afraid sky daddy will punish me for doing so.

>> No.44138375
File: 5 KB, 178x266, lemonade.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

ru a neet bc bad parents?

also, how many gallons u got? i have around 8 right now. would empty them but it hurts to walk.

>> No.44138403

>>44138362
try to get a job in Japan and face alternative methods of suffering before going back to suffering here.

>> No.44138405
File: 313 KB, 669x818, asdf.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>44079287
>your 20s last an eternity
bullshit.
>>44079200
sorry anon, but your clock is ticking. if you're naive and went to a prestigious university like myself you probably had advisors repeatedly tell you "you have plenty of time to decide what you want to do" before ripping the rug out from under you in your junior year saying "it's too late to change your major because you have too many credits"
the only way you can break the stalemate of not knowing what to do is to try as many things as you can. they can be hobbies or "productive" things like learning to code or volunteering at a hospital. use your elective slots if you have to.
because if you graduate with a degree you don't want and have a change of heart, and also happen to live in a place like burgerland, you will not receive financial aid for your second try at education. it is for that reason I have to pay tuition now through the nose from money saved up from covid and my previous job. if I dropped out and still counted as an undergrad upon my return, I could be going for free or nearly free right now given my current NEET status

>> No.44138514

I miss peak NEET life. During the pandemic I had the kind of time that wasn't money and I couldn't be happier. I had no bills, nobody expected anything of me, I just ran and played tabletop roleplaying games, learned pixel art. Plus the house was in a beautiful location. I could have really used another year or two of that.

But I also accept that things change and now I gotta work a job that won't pay me good unless I start robbing registers. The point is... I miss not having to worry about money. There's not a lot that I really want to do with a lot of it even?

>> No.44141465
File: 358 KB, 875x720, 612dfk.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

If I work I have no time left for myself.
Im a very slow person so I take a long time for things like eating and I need about 10 hours of sleep a night.
When im working im just going to bed straight after work and when I wake up I only have a few hours before its back to work.
This is hell I can feel my life being wasted my years slowly ticking away.
People on disability or who can afford to be a Neet for some other reason often dont appreciate how good they have it not having to do anything

>> No.44141540
File: 62 KB, 600x562, 19dc49a0f976389311dbcfaab7d3e4234ed86eaav2_hq.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Am I still a Neet if I make a living off art commissions?

>> No.44143028

>>44141540
Hmmm.... nyo

>> No.44143342

Hum... Hello? I've not written or spoken to anyone for two weeks straight. I was too absorbed in watching some anime/manga.
Just posting to check if I still exist.

>> No.44143576

>>44138403
So its all suffering?

>> No.44143638
File: 40 KB, 290x290, 1555009174164.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>44143576
Yes

>>
Name
Subject
Comment