[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 55 KB, 500x375, gonga-monk-cave.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6422990 No.6422990 [Reply] [Original]

Hey /jp/

I not familiar with much /jp/ related but I need some information that I'm told you would be knowledgeable about.

What happens to hikikomori? I mean, what happens when their parents die (if applicable) or do they sometimes change? I.e. are there any known therapies that people consult as a standard path to normalcy?

>> No.6423002

Use money from their life insurance. Or continue using welfare.

>> No.6423006

If their parents die, they cash in the life insurance policies they took out on them and live like kings.

>> No.6423008

>standard path to normalcy

"Normalcy" doesn't exist. If you mean "become the proper cog in the wheel that we want you to be," then, yeah, they have drugs for that.

>> No.6423021

Just because someone is a hikikomori doesn't mean they can't have a job.
People confuse this term and NEET way too much.

>> No.6423056

>>6423008

Yes I understand that. However, looking at sociologically "normalcy" or being "integrated into society" are understood. Psychologically, yes, they are dubious terms.

>>6423021

I didn't assert that. Some hikikomori are dependent on their parents. I didn't claim all were.

>> No.6423075

Watch welcome to the NHK. Realize the only path to normalcy is being deprived of what lets you be a hikki.

>> No.6423101

>>6423075

Do you mean just the material conditions enabling it? Or...

>> No.6423167

Most of the answers gravitate to "Die" or "Try to adapt or commit suicide".

But seriously, who is gonna miss them?

>> No.6423229

Most die. You never hear about the ones who can't make it. They have no skills, no motivation, no one else to fall back on. What do you think happens to someone like that when the funding gets cut?

>> No.6423251

>>6423229

I don't know if there is some form of intervention...say assigned social workers or something.

>> No.6423263

Some will go on welfare or other forms of government assistance. The other day somebody mentioned that he was homeless for a while before a social worker intervened, had him see a government psychologist, and he started receiving a bit of assistance. I don't have any details, though.

>> No.6423265

>>6423251
You don't really become a hikki if you had other means available. Sure some manage jobs on their own, but they won't end up in this situation. That only leaves those who can't do anything for themselves.
No amount of therapy will change that.

>> No.6423268

>What happens to hikikomori? I mean, what happens when their parents die (if applicable) or do they sometimes change?

Is this the way my /jp/ talks?

>> No.6423303

Some do die, I'm sure. Some live on the streets. Some find a way to work from home or use whatever money they have (often from inheritance) to invest and live off of that. Some are able to turn to government aid. Some take a step into the world and find some sort of employment, though it tends to be a very asocial and unskilled position.

As for the NHK guy, his story was successful and now he lives off of royalties...

It really depends on the individual and their circumstances.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action