[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 368 KB, 1083x1185, 1291849332154.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6631873 No.6631873 [Reply] [Original]

ok /jp/
Do think that its possible to go to gensokyo and becoming touhou little youkai girl with silly after creating portal?
In canon and most of real-life native religions it is possible to become some kind of youkai after death especialy unnatural ones. ..

>> No.6631880

Nope, you will become a generic ghost and be shot down by Reimu or you will become a flower and be shot down by Reimu.

>> No.6631887

No, humans are youkai feed and Raymoo doesn't care about them.

>> No.6631894

>>6631880
This. Unless you're willing to wait out the reincarnation cycle, but that takes so long you might as well live your life first.

>> No.6631909

Gensokyo doesn't exist in any plane and there is no afterlife. Probably.
I don't blame you if you want to believe that kinda stuff though.

>> No.6631937

Actually, there are a lot of different ways to become the mythological creatures that gensokyo residents are based on. We had a discussion about it a few weeks back.

>> No.6631956

>>6631909

My belief is that whatever YOU want to happen when you die is what you have happen to you.

So if I believe I'm going to Gensokyo for wacky adventures and love, then I'm going. I hope to see some of you there, gents.

>> No.6631974

>>6631937
From what I did read in my region old religion told that after death its that you can fly with youkai-bird to heaven on top of world, become youkai yourself, or just reincarnate if you get bored of being in heaven or think that your life wasnt good enought...

>> No.6632013

>>6631937
Too bad I missed it... I wish I could read it.

>> No.6632020

>>6631956
Life isn't that compassionate. Neither is death.

>> No.6632033

>>6632020

Uhuh. Go listen to some Linkin Park or something. I believe what I believe, and I don't buy into your semi-Nihilist beliefs. Have fun making your afterlife shit, I plan on having a blast.

>> No.6632040

Found it.

>Known methods to turn into a supernatural creature (not necessarily youkai, immortals too) include turning into a demon out of excess lust (Kiyohime), anger (Taira no Masakado), covetousness (Mugenyama temple bell, Raigo Anjari), religious zeal (monks turning into oni to protect their temples from evil), pride (tengu) and presumably any other emotion in its extreme, dying with regrets (a lot, for example dorotabo), dying with a single purpose in mind (a lot, for example inugami), starving (itsumaden), eating mermaid flesh or liver (yaobikuni), stopping blood, air or semen flow for 1000 days (Taoist monks), straying from the Buddhist path or living a sinful life (most youkai), stealing money or oil (dodomeki and abura-akago), being a slut (sazae-oni), being wronged in some way (tenome), living or existing for long periods of time (many animal-base demons, for example nekomata, also tsukumogami), special rituals (ungaikyou), killing a certain demon or a number of demons (ushi-oni) and so on. You can also be born that way and not know it (rokurokubi).

http://archive.easymodo.net/cgi-board.pl/jp/thread/6501581#p6505927

>> No.6632045

>>6632033
Daydreams are nice, but know they never come true.

>> No.6632048

Have gun, will travel.

>> No.6632099

>>6632045

OR. I can believe it will happen, and when I die I have something nice to look forward to. This isn't something you can change by limp-wristed arguments. Scoff and have a parting shot if you like, but I'm having a good time when I go to Gensokyo, and I dare say it's a shade better than waiting for 'Oh, nothing huh? Damn'.

That said, best of luck in the future. I hope you find happiness.

>> No.6632104

>>6632040
so dying with a single purpose in mind (gensokyo) can turn us to youkai and presumably any other emotion in its extreme (neet/hikki or depressed people)

>> No.6632115

Good luck killing yourself with a pellet gun, OP....

>> No.6632131
File: 10 KB, 221x82, banality.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6632045

>> No.6632139

>>6632104
Youkai and most other supernatural creatures hold an extremely strong link to the world. This link is what binds them to existence. I don't know if that would qualify. Maybe, maybe not.

>> No.6632145

>>6632115
Im not lucky enought to live in place with guns allowed... So I'll have to look for other way to self-hero

>> No.6632156

1.RAGE. RAGE LIKE THE EXPLOSIVE FURY OF THE GENESIS OF THE UNIVERSE CONDENSED INTO HUMAN FORM. RAGE LIKE EVERY SINGLE FUNDAMENTAL QUANTA OF THE UNIVERSE TRANSFORMED INTO PURE RAGE AND INJECTED INT YOUR EYEBALL.

2. DIE A RAGE FUELED DEATH OF RAGE, THE RAGE OF AN INNUMERABLY INFINITE SET OF ANGRY GODS, ALL SCREAMING THE BLOODIEST HELL FOR THE PERSON RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR DEATH.

3. Become a rage spirit.

4. You're still very weak so amass as much RAGE as you can for a thousand years.

5. Avoid any thing that resembles red and white, might be a miko in disguise.

6. Become a minor RAGE youkai, one step above ghost.

7. Troll and feed off RAGE for hundreds more years.

8. Become an Ex-level demon. Congratulate yourself and put on your silly hat and frilly dress, you earned it soldier.

or you can go the insanely hard way (that doesn't involve dying) and become a hermit.

>> No.6632178

>>6631909
Fucking faggots, having fun in a meaningless discussion. But seriously, getting high with you must be a horrible experience:

Me: Whoa man, I'm so fucking high, do you think that rocks have souls. It'd be horrifying reincarnating as a rock man, under a shitton of other rocks man. fuck pass that shit here.

You: No. Shut up. Let us not have fun. We smoke our hash and go home.

>> No.6632195

>>6632178
You are fucking retarded.

>> No.6632208

Where can I buy the figure in OP pic?

someone plz help ;_;

>> No.6632220

>>6632195
Imma rubber, you're'ah glue, whatever you say bounces off me and sticks back to you.

>> No.6632242

>>6632208
Rinnosuke shop.

>> No.6632284

I've been in Gensokyo for about a month now . No one likes me except Flandre and a couple of fairies.

>> No.6632291

>>6632242
Thanks but, I can't find it on Google, got a link?

>> No.6632336
File: 137 KB, 136x193, 1288759522413.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I think I will wait for next depresion strike to try it hoping for gensokyo. It seems like best way ;_; but Im still not sure what method will I use and when it will be.

>> No.6632343
File: 1.08 MB, 1920x1080, 1292152488782.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6632208
bump for answer

>> No.6632346

>>6632291
I doubt he has web-side, you have to visit his shop in person hoping that he will have it and sell it to you.

>> No.6632349

>>6632284
Flan only likes you because you're made of meat. Be careful, Anon.

>> No.6632371

>>6632346
What do you mean? it's custom? that fig wasn't mass produced?

>> No.6632375

>>6632349
He can't hear you because he is already dead. HA HA HA HA!!

>> No.6632407

>>6632371
yes its custom if its from Rinnosuke shop.

>> No.6632423

>>6632407
Oh man that sucks, thanks for the help though.

>> No.6632438

Not anyone in this thread, but >>6632099
My metaphysical beliefs coupled with the physical understanding of this world lead me to think a few things, such as: Worlds(*multiverses) which don't have a valid logical structure cannot exist. Such worlds may be primary of secondary and may be contained within other worlds (simulations for example), but they don't have to be. The metaphysical belief here being that any world that CAN exist, exists as long as valid mathemathically. However, my understanding of a world is nothing more than a computational formalism, lesser in power even to math which involves "reals", that is, the universe must be computable, and one single "step" (one second in our univese is about 5 * 10^44th, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planck_time ) cannot take an infinite time to compute (which can be in the case of operations with irrationals). Some ancient philosophers actually thought our universe would allow such computations, however I am incredibly doubtful to such ideas, as such computations would each take infinite time to perform, and yet, we exist. the tl;dr being that if a world where gensokyo could logically develop or exist, in my metaphysical view (similar to the Ultimate Ensemble idea), then it would exist (either primary by itself or emulated in some form, in the emulated version, you could be that nasty interventionist god, but I think it would be much cooler to let the world's creatures able to modify it from within, thus "magic" would exist, unlike our world where such things are highly unlikely to exist).

Leaving the nature of the multiverse aside, I'll discuss a bit about our nature:

>> No.6632446

>>6632438
> continued, captcha: caveman could
I think that our phenomenal consciousness is either a primary characteristic of the world, which lies at the abstract level our own brain processes information, thus if such raw consciousness exists at all (best illusion ever, if not), its nature would probably be on the same level as what makes the multiverse possible in the first place, however to assign it anything more than phenomenal experience would be highly speculative - it is derived from our brains' cognitive (and other) information processing processes, but it probable permeates the world in the sense that anything that processes information in any form has it to some degree. I don't even know if any such thing is unique (similar to the idea that there could be an universe where there is only one charged particle traveling at the speed of light and thus being everywhere at once ... and yet our consciousness is nothing more than an electrical process, at least physically, thus... it could be just one such charged particle, however this idea as theorethically pleasing as it is, is unlikely to be the case in the real world, so I'm not going to discuss it further).

>> No.6632452

>>6632446
> continued
Either way, what makes our consciousness different from other consciousness? The fact that it is experiencing our memories and what goes in our brain. There is no reason to believe it is unique to us or that it's an identity, or "soul" as some religions would call it that is unique to the individual or that it would carry on its memories further. If one dies, the memories and everything else dies as well, and we have no evidence that any such thing is preserved. At the same time, consciousness exist throughout the universe in different periods of time, and yet time is just an artificial macroscopic construct... So, you'd probably end up as another consciousness in this multiverse, but how is that different than just being another person completly unrelated to the current one? It's hardly even "reincarnation". For another metaphysical guess: there is only one "being" which can hold these phenomenal experiences, and we are all it, in all times and in all possible universes.I wouldn't go as far as to equate the "being" with the multiverse, as this would be even more speculative than the highly speculative stuff I just said.

There was actually some /b/ thread a long time ago that described a similar idea, but this "being" actually sort of had memories, while I wouldn't go as far as that, because I'm not implying there is any "intelligence" to it. If I'll ever find the screencap of that story, I'll post it.

>> No.6632462

>>6632452
>continued
Now while this does give me a rather logically and metaphysically pleasing explanation, what happens if you actually want a "heaven" where all "your wishes" come true? You'd need an intervetionist god for this, in an universe that this god drives for you (emulates/runs), while the god is just a normal being within the primary universe in which it exist (however, that itself can also be an emulated universe...). I have my doubts that our universe is of this kind and there has been literally no evidence of an interventionist god. Thus, the best solution you have is to attain pseudo immortality (if you're in your >25s, if science progresses as it should, and you better make sure it does!) first through biological research (this can only give you a limited lifespan, as biological systems tend to be fickle and not last that long, not to mention a pain to maintain) and then possibly by emulating/"uploading" your consciousness in the far future. Eventually you'll be colonizing the galaxies and amassing enough computational power to run whatever (much smaller, compared to ours) universe you could imagine, and then you could be the interventionist god of this universe, or better yet, make it one where its inhabitants can alter it fundamentally by themselves ("magic"), and maybe with some heavy interventionist changes, you'll be making your Gensokyo and having your experiences within that universe (as long as all the sensory inputs are from there).

>> No.6632465

>>6632462
>continued
Or you could just imagine that whatever you imagine will come to pass, which could only happen if this world was emulated and the 'god' of this world would want to grant you continued existence of some form, but there is no evidence that such a 'god' is what made our world or that it's interventionist, thus by choosing such a belief, you'd be having a huge gamble. Now, I wish it would be true myself, but I find it just less hard to believe than any of the world's major theisitc religions (infinitesimal chance).

P.S.: Damn field length is too small, I hate splitting this up.

>> No.6632474

Essay generators all up in this bitch.

>> No.6632479

/jp/ - srsfknbsns

>> No.6633264

>>6632465
that copypasta killed thread...

>> No.6633295

>>6633264
Sorry about that, but I actually wrote that from scratch for this thread.

>> No.6633321

"gensokyo" is really just human instrumentality

>> No.6633324

>>6633321
so don't kill yourself op

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action